Although it is believed that lice is an attribute of low-income population, it is easy to catch them. This trouble can lie in wait for the most clean and wealthy person. In addition, these small parasites are very prolific.
A louse is a blood-sucking parasite. What feeds on the blood of man and some other mammals. Therefore, if the head itches suspiciously often, and the hair is visibly attached to the roots of white particles, this may be a signal that there were lice.
No need to panic and mentally say goodbye to your hair - there are many ways to get rid of lice and nits forever at home. We'll talk about this in the article.
The cause of infection with pediculosis is most often close contact with the parasite carriers. Adult people most often become infected with pediculosis from their children or in places of large concentrations of people: public transport, hairdresser, beach, pool or other places.
Lice are blood-sucking parasites that live and feed at the expense of another living individual. Equated to the class of insects, the size range varies from 0.4 to 7 mm. Due to the well-developed 3 pairs of limbs, the insect is fixed without any special efforts on the human hair. In time piercing the louse secretes saliva, which helps to reduce the level of coagulation, which is accompanied by painful sensations in the form of itching and burning of the skin.
You should know that lice do not parasitize animals, so the only source of infection is a person suffering from pediculosis or his personal belongings. Lice do not know how to fly, but they jump pretty well, this makes it easier for them to move to another person.
thereforemost often catch a pediculosis can be in such places:
- a kindergarten and a school.
- children's camps and sanatoriums.
- other common areas.
Also, lice can be infected by using other people's headgear, hairbrushes, towels and other personal items.
Pediculosis causes insects that parasitize animals and humans - lice. On the person there are 3 varieties:
- clothes lice.
The first species lives on the head. The second (flat) parasitizes on the pubis, the inner side of the thighs, the perineum, the hairline of the sublittings, eyelashes, eyebrows and other vegetation on the face. The third kind (underwear) lives in clothes, bed linens, contacts the body several times a day.
The symptoms of pediculosis include:
- Intense itching in the scalp. Over time, swelling may appear on the surface, which translates into scratching and open sores.
- On the skin upon closer examinationyou can see traces of insect bites. They look like puncture sites with a needle with redness around the site. Also in some areas appear small spots of gray or gray-blue color.
- In the occipital and temporal areas, as well as behind the earsformed scaly plaques, which eventually start to melt.
However, the most reliable signs that allow to diagnose lice and nits at home are the following:
- Availability of nits- head lice eggs, which attach to the hair shafts in their lower part.
- Presence of lice- small insects moving through the hair and scalp.
The life cycle of lice is about a month, and from the moment of hatching of the female to the first clutch takes about two to three weeks. Accordingly, and the course of treatment for pediculosis can be considered complete, only if it was conducted at least a month, and through month after the beginning of treatment on the head, neither adult insects, nor larvae of lice, nor nits (lice eggs) are found.
Also trying to get lice and nits at home, it is worth remembering that lice and nits, in fact, are very different from each other. What acts on lice is completely harmless against nits, and vice versa.
How Lice and Nits Look Like: Photo
In the photos below you can see how lice and nits look on the hair of an adult or a child.
A quick way to get rid of lice and nits for 1 day
The most radical, fast and reliable method in fighting head lice at home can be a haircut, it will get rid of lice for 1 day forever. However, this is not suitable for everyone, it is unlikely that any girl would want to say goodbye to her long hair, albeit for a while. But the guys can easily shave.
So, when the haircut is impossible - will have to start treatment. At the same time, it is worth mentioning that it will not be fast. The fact that lice themselves - adults can die from poison or other means quite quickly. They are also sensitive to too high or low temperatures. But their eggs - the nits are more tenacious.
From them, as a rule, you can get rid of either combing out, or waiting for hatching. The aging period of the egg is about 7 days. Accordingly, any treatment through this period should be repeated. Then the question of getting rid of lice will no longer disturb you.
How to get rid of lice and nits at home
In general, lice can be disposed of either in special receivers operating under the control of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Station, or at home. Given the availability in the free sale of a large number of pediculicide drugs, get rid of lice and nits at home the child is much easier than to look for a special detention center in his city and go there for treatment.
In addition, the contingent usually "rotates" in such poor places - they are homeless people and disadvantaged people who are not friends with soap in principle. So let's understand how to get rid of lice at home quickly, reliably and at the same time it's safe for health.
The methods of influence on pediculosis are divided, depending on the main substance, on:
- mixed - the application of the first two methods.
To mechanical methodsrelate:
- shaving of the head;
- combing hair with combs from lice.
To chemical methodsinfluences on nits and lice include:
- special means for fighting parasites;
- table vinegar;
- crooked water.
It is very important to treat pediculosis correctly,while you need to comply with certain rules:
- Do not use drugs from nits and lice when they are on the eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Children under 2 years of age are not allowed to use medicines that contain chemical components.
- With great care you need to treat pediculosis in children who suffer from bronchial asthma or other allergies.
- Replace the drug from nits to another, if after the first use of lice are not lost, and the hair remained nits.
- Be sure to comb out the nits after each procedure to destroy the parasites.
- Do not dry hair with a hairdryer after using antiparasitic drugs;
- Do not use hair masks, conditioners after removing lice.
- After hair treatment with antiparasitic agents, you do not need to wash your head for 2 to 5 days.
The quickest result can often be achieved by combining the mechanical and chemical methods. What are the options for treatment against lice to choose, decide for yourself, based on the degree of development of the disease, the length of the hair and the area of the lesion. For example, it is easiest for men to shave their head, but for girls with long hair this method is hardly suitable - it will have to be spent here, and time and strength to permanently remove lice.
The essence of drug therapy (it's also a chemical one) is that the affected area of the body (the back of the head, the temples, the area of the crown) is treated with toxic substances for insects. Consider drugs from the pharmacy that help to deal with these microscopic in size, but large-scale on the problems brought by the parasitic insects.
- The drug Nittiforis available as a cream and lotion. How they are applied, you need to look in the instructions. The same drug relieves the body of fleas and scabies mites.
- Nyuda. One of the most effective modern means based on dimethicone for fighting lice. The drug penetrates the respiratory tract of lice, which leads to the death of insects from suffocation. Eliminates and from adult lice and from nits.
- Para-plus is an aerosol. One cartridge is enough for the entire course of treatment. Effective and fast acting drug, which is applied to the entire surface of the head, including hair.
- Lacquer "Prelest". The head is treated after washing with a whole bottle of lacquer (of course, in the air). After that, wrap the towel (or put on a plastic cap) and leave it overnight. The principle of action is similar to the action of Nyuda. The difference is only in price (Nyuda is palpably more expensive than a bottle with this varnish).
- Pedillin- solution for rubbing into the scalp and hair. Rinse it with diluted vinegar, then repeat the treatment for seven days.
However, anti-pediculosis drugs have a number of contraindications, which must necessarily be read before the use of such a drug. Therefore, pregnant women and babies are recommended only mechanical removal of nits and, most of all, compresses made from natural products (cranberries, etc.).
They are few: only a few. First - shaving nalyso. The second is combing out. About the haircut, we have already discussed above, so let's look at the combing.
First, the head is washed with shampoo, after combing the parasites with a special comb, which you need to buy at the pharmacy. These are special combs (AntiV, LiceGuard, RobiComb) made of stainless steel. Using them is very simple, you can use it right at home.
After washing, carefully "drive" each individual strand of hair, starting from the roots. Nits and lice will be stuck on the crest, they need to be removed immediately, wiping off the towel. You need to brush your hair this way several times and observe the effect for a month. You can do without and without any means, just wash your hair before combing with a conditioner, balm or grease with vegetable oil (anise, olive) - then it will be easier to separate the lice from the hair.
But know, in itself shampoo does not deliver from nits, nor from lice, but only improves and facilitates their combing, therefore, in addition to shampoo, it is recommended to use anti-pediculosis drugs.
How to drive lice and nits folk remedies
In addition to medicines, folk remedies are used to get rid of lice and nits. Some of them are harmless, others - can be very dangerous. Consider the most common folk remedies for the treatment of pediculosis:
- Kerosene. Dilute kerosene with vegetable oil in a ratio of : 0. They use sunflower, corn, pumpkin seeds, grape seeds. The resulting composition is neatly distributed on the scalp, wrapped in waxed paper (parchment) or polyethylene, warmed with a kerchief and kept overnight. In the morning the head is washed with ordinary, child's, sulfuric or tar soap and combs the dead lice and nits with the help of a frequent comb moistened in table vinegar for the best removal of eggs from the rods. Judging by numerous reviews, kerosene is very effective, but a dangerous tool. With inept use, you can get a severe burn, both heads and faces.
- Lemon, cranberry or pomegranate juice- contains a large number of acids, which are heavily carried by these parasites, the juice is applied to the entire length of the hair, holds some time, then it is washed off and combed with nits.
- A good remedy for lice and nits is cranberry. The juice of fresh cranberries (three handfuls) is rubbed into the roots of the hair, the remains of the squeeze are applied to the entire length of the hair. The hair is hidden with a polyethylene cap (and a towel from above) for three hours, until it dries completely. Further, according to the standard scheme - washing and combing.
- Rinsing and wiping with vinegar. In the first case, we need a 70% solution of vinegar, which is mixed with water in a ratio of 1 to 10. The head of the patient is thoroughly washed with the resulting solution 1 time per day for 3 days (sometimes longer). For wiping it is better to use table vinegar, which is also diluted with water, but already in a proportion of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is applied to the head with a cotton swab. After 10-15 minutes, the head is thoroughly washed with cold running water.
- Take the half-bucketconiferous branches, pour water and boil for two to three hours. After washing hair with soap, rinse with warm decoction and leave overnight, wrapped in a towel. The broth quickly relieves lice, since parasites can not bear the smell of needles and die.
Folk remedies for getting rid of lice are certainly very good. The effectiveness of these tools is about 90%. Of course, these funds can be used at home, but withincreased caution, and you should know that:
- Vinegar very much dries hair, and a concentrated vinegar solution can burn your scalp.
- When using kerosene, you should remember and know that the hair long enough time can not come to order. Kerosene fatty and therefore long washed off thereby spoils hair.
It is also recommended after applying a folk remedy to put a plastic bag on your hair and wrap the head with a mohair towel - such a bandage on the head should be worn for at least 2 hours.
The simmering water
When pediculosis is very often used, chicken water, as many reviews can get rid of parasites quickly and effectively. Before using, it is important to carefully wash your hair with a normal shampoo. Then it is necessary to apply chinese water to the scalp and hair along the entire length. For this purpose it is convenient to use a wadded disk.
It is important to carefully monitor that the solution is distributed throughout the hair completely. After applying the drug on the head, you must wear a simple plastic bag or tie a handkerchief. Remedy on hair should be left for 30 minutes. After this time, you should thoroughly wash your hair first with running water, and then using a normal shampoo. In the final stage, you need to carefully comb out the dead lice and nits.
Withdrawing lice, it is important to remember that chimeric water is a dangerous substance. It is believed that getting even 1 ml of this water into the digestive tract can cause serious poisoning, and in large quantities it can be deadly to humans.
However, against lice, it is quite possible to use curious water, it is important only to make sure that there are no wounds and scratches on the skin in the treatment area. After applying cotyledonous water to the hair, you need to control your sensations - if they start to appear excessively severe burning, itching, a sensation of hot on the head, then you do not have to endure, you need to rinse the product as soon as possible.
All things of the child or your things must be washed in hot water or boiled. After that, iron the iron well at high temperature and treat the seams with clothing (often there are nits).
Those things that can not be washed in boiling water, should be put in a tightly closed bag for 3-4 days. Lice and nits without food from a person will die during this time. Do not interfere with an additional inspection of the head of all family members, as pediculosis is transmitted very quickly.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.