From what cough to take "Ascoril"
"Ascoril" is a combined agent that has mucolytic, bronchodilator and expectorant effect. The composition of this drug includes special active ingredients that have a beneficial effect on the body weakened by the virus. In addition, it helps to improve expectoration while coughing, making it easier. It should be noted that "Ascoril" is allowed to use at any age, but has a number of contraindications and side effects.It should be taken into account that the preparation of this pharmacological group can be used for dry, as well as for wet cough. However, often the use of this medication is recommended for the treatment of directly dry cough. This is due to the fact that "Ascoril" contains active substance Guineesin, which contributes to a significant increase in pulmonary sputum and its excretion. It should be understood that such a drug is great for treating chronic and acute diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by an abundant and strong cough. These diseases include: bronchitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, pneumoconiosis, whooping cough, emphysema.
In addition, the drug "Ascoril" has in the composition of salbutamol, which affects the elimination of spasm of the bronchi. Due to this component, the lungs are cleaned and their volume is increased. There is an expansion of the coronary arteries, resistance in the larynx is removed, pressure is lowered. In addition, the drug "Ascoril" contains the active substance bromhexine, which contributes to the emergence of productive cough expectoration. This component stimulates the work of the ciliated epithelium, and as a result, the sputum is accelerated. Also, Bromgexin blocks the cough, significantly softens it.
What are the contraindications to the use of the drug "Ascoril"
Most often, when using this medication, normal intolerance to certain components of the drug appears. In the event that patients have problems with the work of the heart, then taking "Ascoril" for therapeutic cough therapy is strongly discouraged. To diseases of the cardiovascular system include: arrhythmia, myocarditis, aortic stenosis, arterial hypertension, heart defects.
In addition, it is forbidden to take such medication with endocrine disorders: hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus. Also "Ascoril" is categorically contraindicated in the presence of renal and hepatic insufficiency, glaucoma, ulcers and gastric bleeding. In addition, it can not be consumed during pregnancy, since the risk of harm to the health of the baby exceeds the expected benefit of treatment.
What are the side effects of the drug "Ascoril"
When treating such a drug in patients, the following side effects can occur: sleep disturbances, dyspepsia, frequent pulse, headache, change in urine color, lowering blood pressure, allergic reactions - Quincke's edema, hives.
Indications and instructions for the use of cough syrup Ascoril
Disease of the child always causes a storm of emotions in the parents. If he has a cough that does not give the baby peace, then the doctor prescribes a drug that can cope with this phenomenon. But how to find out that this tool will be effective and safe. After all, today there are many novelties, the action of which is not always clear and known. As medicines for cough, syrups are often prescribed.
Composition, form of release and its effect
One of the effective and tested drugs is "Ascoril" - a mucolytic agent with expectorant and bronchodilating effect. They can cure quite complex diseases.
This is a combination of four active ingredients: bromhexine, salbutamol, menthol and guaifenesin. Their ratio is chosen in such a way that these medicinal substances act simultaneously, supplementing each other:
- Bromhexine- antitussive substance, with expectorant action. It is able to stimulate the activity of the cilia of the epithelium on the bronchial mucosa and trachea. It also reduces the viscosity of sputum and participates in its prompt elimination. Doctors often prescribe bromhexine from a cough.
Salbutamol- bronchodilator medicine. The syrup is presented in the form of sulphate. It is able to exert an active effect on the receptors of blood vessels and myometrium. It prevents and reduces the contraction of the bronchi, making their smooth muscles more relaxed. This substance participates in the production of endogenous surfactant, which envelopes the lungs from the inside and thus prevents the alveoli from sticking together, and also protects this organ from adverse effects.
Menthol acts as an antiseptic, has a calming effect and helps relax the muscles of the bronchi.
- GuaifenesinIt acts as an expectorant that can dilute sputum, reduce its surface tension. It stimulates the bronchi to active motor actions and at the expense of this leads the phlegm out.
Thanks to such components, Ascoril can be used for dry and wet cough. But still more often it is used to dry the form of a cough quickly passed into the wet. This syrup is suitable for the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases, and is also used for acute their manifestations. Here you can read whether ascoril is used with laryngitis in children.
Forms of release
The tablet variant is widely used. It comes in the form of round pills of white color with a dividing risk in the middle for convenient use if a half dose is prescribed. Packs of 10 and 20 tablets are available.
Their main substances are: guaifenesin, bromhexine hydrochloride and salbutamol.Additional: silicon dioxide, methylparaben, calcium hydrophosphate, talc purified, magnesium stearate and corn starch.
The drug is also available as a syrup - an apricot-colored liquid with a pleasant taste. The volume of one bottle is 100 ml.
Main active ingredients: bromhexine hydrochloride, menthol, guaifenesin and salbutamol.Auxiliary: sodium benzoate, glycerol, micro-doses of sucrose, propylene glycol, sorbitol, purified water, citric and sorbic acid, colorant and flavors.
Application of the medicine
Ascoril is used for many diseases of the bronchi and lungs, accompanied by the formation of thick sputum, which is difficult to expectorate. Such diseases include:
- acute and chronic inflammation of the bronchi, as well as their obstruction;
- atelectasis of the lungs, in which the alveoli fall at the ends of the bronchi;
- bronchial asthma;
- whooping cough (here you can read what to do if the cough does not go away after whooping cough);
- pneumoconiosis - lung disease. It can be caused by the constant inhalation of dust. For example, in production.In this case, the replacement of lung tissue by a harmful connective;
- emphysema - the disease is associated with the progressive expansion of their tissue, which is associated with the malfunctioning of individual alveoli;
- bronchoectatic disease - the formation in the bronchial system of some extensions filled with pus.
The video tells about the cough syrup Ascoril:
Ascoril should be taken cautiously to people with hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. During pregnancy and lactation, it is best to stop the medication. It is possible to breastfeed a baby, only two days after its use. The dose of this drug is prescribed by the doctor, and also recommends the duration of the administration.
Most often the dosage of the syrup is 10 ml with a single use, and it should be drunk three times a day. This is the minimum dose, so if necessary, increase it, during the course the doctor has the right to adjust it at his discretion.
Tablets adults take one piece, too, three times. For treatment also under certain conditions, ammonia anise drops from cough, a spray from coughing Geksoral, Gerbion from a dry cough (here you can see the instruction) and others are used.
Ascoril is often used to treat babies. But if the child has a lot of liquid phlegm, then the drug can not be prescribed. It can aggravate the situation and fill with excess liquid all the airways.With a dry cough with a viscous and poorly lingering sputum, it is simply necessary.The drug stimulates its fastest withdrawal to the outside. This process is called transient, with it an unproductive cough becomes productive. Children under 6 years of age are not recommended, they will be replaced by syrup. For one-year-old crumbs it is not assigned. The course of admission is from five to seven days.
Dosage of syrup:
- children under the age of six drink 5 ml each;
- from six to 12 years - 5 - 10 ml.
For a day, the syrup must be taken three times.
For children older than 6 years, 0.5 pills are prescribed 2 to 3 times a day.
Both forms of the drug should be taken on a full stomach, no later than an hour after eating. In order not to reduce the medicinal properties of the drug, it can not be washed down with alkaline solutions (milk with soda or mineral water with bicarbonate).
The drug can be considered one of the best means of dry cough in children. Here you can find the names of other cough syrups for children. Use and folk remedies. For example, you can breathe over a potato with a cough. The link describes how to stop a fit of cough at night.
Mainly, its reception is affected by individual intolerance to its constituent components. Some people who take it have headaches, nervous states, sleep disturbances, and cramps in the arms and legs. Perhaps exacerbation of the duodenum and stomach ulcers, if these diseases are chronic.
There may be allergic reactions in the form of a change in color of the face, urine or appear shortness of breath. If such reactions have appeared, then treatment with the drug should be stopped.
Contraindications to the use of Ascoril include the following diseases:
- aortic stenosis;
- arterial hypertension;
- disruption of the thyroid gland;
It categorically can not be taken by pregnant women, too much is a threat to the health of the baby.Ascoril is widely used for the treatment of respiratory organs in various inflammatory processes.It effectively and quickly eliminates dry cough and perfectly displays phlegm.
It can be purchased at the pharmacy without a prescription. The average price of packing tablets, consisting of 10 pieces, is 230 rubles, of 20 pills - 260 rubles, of 50 - 540 rubles. And the cost of syrup is 250 r.
- Marina, 26 years old: "Cough syrup "Ascoril" is produced in India. Now, medicines from this country are considered low quality and impact. But this drug is an exception. Its components do not act depressingly on the nervous system, as with other analogs. This drug is good for use in laryngotracheitis and laryngitis, especially if they are accompanied by shortness of breath. "
- Oksana, 40 years old: "I use Ascoril for about ten years. The product is tested on the whole family and is therefore used always at the first sign of coughing. In the first days it is dry, and this remedy is better than others to eliminate it and transfer it to the wet category. The first my experience of its application fell on the pneumonia that I had then, which proceeded in an acute form. I took Dr Mom syrup for several days before him, and then Bronholitin, and then the therapist wrote me out. It coincided that on the second day I was much better, that is, he accelerated my recovery. After that, I always buy only it. The syrup is enclosed in a 200 ml vial, thanks to an impressive amount of the drug it lasts for a long time. The taste of it though sweet, but gives some spices, but you can get used to them. You need to take syrup three times a day. I adjusted myself and increased the dose for the first two days, and then reduced it by half - as if I were being treated by a shock method. I accept it at the first sign of a cold, so as not to start it completely. The drug perfectly dilutes the accumulated fluid in the lungs or bronchi and quickly removes it. I did not notice any side effects from its use. "
- Alina, 42 years old:"We had to try the syrup" Ascoril "when my daughter contracted a respiratory syncytial infection. It is associated with attacks of an angry cough with shortness of breath and is accompanied by a copious rhinitis. And in addition to all the temperature reaches 40 degrees. In the evening my baby had a bad cough. The next morning we called a doctor, and she advised this medicine. Explaining that this tool has mucolytic and expectorant effect. The syrup has a sugary taste and a sticky consistency, but he liked the daughter, and she drank it, not capricious. After a day of application, the baby became clearly easier to breathe, shortness of breath left, and the cough became less frequent, and its intensity decreased. The only side effect was a decrease in appetite. I liked its effect and speed, but without the doctor's appointment to take such a remedy I would not recommend. "
Cough syrup Asoril
Ascoril is a curing drug for bronchodilator, expectorant action, which includes guaifenesin, bromhexine and salbutamol. Salbutamol has a stimulating effect on the receptors, which are found in the bronchi, in the vessels and the uterus. Due to such receptors, the vital capacity of the lungs is established and the normal dilatation of the heart arteries occurs. Bromhexine is responsible for liquefaction of the pulmonary fluid and accelerates the process of its elimination. Guaifenesin is a mucolytic, promotes increased sputum in the lungs, and activates the ciliary epithelium of the bronchi, due to which the sputum goes away in a timely manner.
At what cough can I use Ascoril?
This pharmacological group can be used for both dry and wet cough. It is worth noting that most often this drug is prescribed for the treatment of dry cough, as it contains Guineesin, which contributes to the increase and excretion of pulmonary sputum. Ascoril cough syrup is well suited for the treatment of acute and chronic respiratory diseases accompanied by a severe cough. These are diseases such as bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, whooping cough and others.
Ascoril with dry cough - the way of application
On average, the therapeutic dosage for the intake is only 10 ml of syrup three times a day. Depending on the disease, the dose can be increased, since the minimum intake of 30 ml per day for an adult. For treatment of cough in children up to 12 years of age, the average dosage is 15-20 ml per knock. That is, take no more than 7 ml three times a day. Before starting reception, you should seek medical advice from a doctor, as this medication may not be appropriate for the treatment of a particular disease. The recommended dose of application can be adjusted by the attending physician throughout the course of treatment.Side effects of the drug
Ascoril from cough, like all other medicines, can cause side effects, depending on the intolerance of certain constituent components. Patients may experience sleep disorders, headaches, nervousness and frequent cramping of the limbs. As for the digestive system, there may be an exacerbation of peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, if the disease occurs in a chronic form. Sometimes there are changes in kidney tests and there are signs of dyspepsia.
Often, there may be allergic reactions, for example, a change in the color of the skin of the face, a change in the color of urine and spasmodic phenomena of the bronchi in the form of dyspnea. In case of such symptoms, consult a doctor. Perhaps, treatment with Ascoril will need to be completed, replacing it with something else.Contraindications for use
The cure for Ascoril cough can have not only side effects, but also some contraindications. As a rule, such reactions should be determined by the doctor during the examination. Most often there is a simple intolerance to certain constituent components. If patients have problems with the cardiovascular system, then Ascoril is not recommended for treatmentcough. It can be:
- aortic stenosis;
- arterial hypertension.
Also, you can not take Ascoril in the presence of endocrine disorders. These include diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism. Ascoril as a cough remedy is strictly forbidden to be taken during pregnancy, since the threat to the health of the fetus may be greater than the expected results from the treatment.
Ascoril - everything about the drug
Ascoril is a combined drug from Glenmark Pharmaceuticals for the treatment of cough with expectorant, bronchodilator, and mucolytic action. It has three main components: bromhexine, salbutamol and guaifenesin. Ascoril is available in two dosage forms - syrup and tablets.Salbutamol - a bronchodilator, which is part of the drug in the form of sulfate and stimulates beta-adrenoreceptors bronchi, and also has an activating effect on adrenoreceptors of myometrium and blood vessels. Its mechanism of action is based on the elimination or prevention of spasm of the bronchi, as well as the reduction of resistance in the respiratory tract, while increasing the vital capacity of the lungs.
The second component in the composition of Ascoril - bromhexine is a mucolytic agent and its mechanism of action is based on the provision of expectorant and antitussive action. It activates the cilia of the ciliated epithelium of the mucosa of the trachea and bronchi, completely normalizes the disturbed relationship between the constituent components of phlegm, increasing its serous component, and as a result, its viscosity decreases and the volume increases, which improves the spitting and coughing up of phlegm.
Guaifenesin is a mucolytic agent that activates the secretory cells of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchial mucosa, it produces neutral polysaccharides, depolymerizing acidic mucopolysaccharides, As a result, the viscosity of the sputum decreases, the bronchial ciliary system is activated, and this facilitates the withdrawal of sputum and helps to change the unproductive cough to productive.
The drug Ascoril is used to treat acute and chronic (acute) respiratory diseases, which are accompanied by bronchial obstruction or unproductive or productive cough: with tracheobronchitis, obstructive bronchitis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, pneumoconiosis, pulmonary emphysema, pertussis and paracottus, as well as pulmonary tuberculosis.
Ascoril has a high absorption capacity and is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract when taking any form of the drug - syrup or tablets.
Salbutamol sulfate binds to plasma proteins and has the ability to penetrate the placenta. Bromhexine can also penetrate the BBB and the hematoplacental barrier. It is subjected to demethylation and oxidation in the liver, being metabolized to pharmacologically active ambroxol as a result of slow reverse diffusion from the tissues of the body and excreted by the kidneys. With prolonged and repeated use can be cumulated in the body. Guaifenesin is quickly absorbed from the digestive tract after half an hour after ingestion and penetrates into the tissues. The drug is metabolized in the liver, and is excreted by the kidneys and lungs (with phlegm) and in the form of inactive metabolites or in unchanged form.
Contraindications to the use of the drug Ascoril is an increased individual sensitivity to the main components of the drug (salbutamol, bromhexine and guaifenesin), as well as to auxiliary substances, depending on the form of release of the drug - syrup or tablets.
Also, Ascoril's treatment is categorically contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
The appointment of Ascoril is not indicated in cardiovascular pathology, which is accompanied by tachyarrhythmia, with myocarditis, pericarditis and heart defects. Contraindications to the appointment of this drug is - decompensated diabetes mellitus, hepatic or renal insufficiency, glaucoma, thyrotoxicosis, arterial hypertension, gastric bleeding in the anamnesis and peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum in the stage of exacerbation.
With caution Ascoril is used in patients with diabetes mellitus and with ulcerative or ulcerative-inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract.
Side effect of Ascoril
Adverse reactions with the use of Ascoril may be observed with the use of the drug in doses exceeding the average daily permissible or with prolonged uncontrolled use when cumulating the drug in the body. The main manifestations are: headache, increased nervous excitability, dizziness, sleep disturbance, tremor, drowsiness, convulsions, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. It is also possible to exacerbate peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach, increased heart rate or the development of allergic reactions in the form of rash or urticaria. Perhaps the development of bronchospasm, staining of urine in pink and collapse.
One of the medicinal forms of the antitussive drug is syrup Ascoril ekspektorant, which has the form of a transparent, orange liquid, which has a specific odor and is intended for use in pediatric practice. This drug is a pharmacological antitussive drug, which is based on three main components - bromhexine, guaifenesin and salbutamol. Syrup Ascoril ekspekorant has the properties of mucolytic, bronchodilator and expectorant elements.
When treating this drug, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the dosage, both in adults and in children.
In the appointment of Ascoril syrup, the adult's testosterone is 10 milliliters three times a day (corresponding to salbutamol - 2 milligrams, bromhexine - eight milligrams and guaifenesin - 100 milligrams). If necessary, the dose can be increased, only with the appointment and under the supervision of the attending physician.
The drug is prescribed depending on the age: children under six years of age in a dose of five milliliters three times a day (duration treatment and dose in most cases depends on the clinical picture of the disease and is determined by the attending physician-pediatrician). Children from six to twelve years syrup Ascoril ekspekorant, appointed from five to ten milliliters three times a day. Typically, the course of treatment with Ascoril is from five to seven days.
Ascoril tabletsAscoril in a tablet form of release refers to the pharmacotherapeutic group of expectorant combined agents and has in its composition 2 milligrams of salbutamol, 8 milligrams of bromhexine and 100 milligrams of guaifenesin, as well as excipients: calcium hydrophosphate, methylparaben, corn starch, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, purified talc, colloidal silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate.
They are round, white tablets, flat-shaped with one-sided risk and chamfer and are used to treat inflammatory diseases of the bronchopulmonary system, which are accompanied by a cough - unproductive or wet. Ascoril tablets are prescribed for the treatment of tracheobronchitis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, obstructive bronchitis, pneumoconiosis, emphysema, pertussis and paraculation, as well as for therapy and relief of symptoms in pulmonary tuberculosis. Contraindications to taking Ascoril tablets is increased individual sensitivity to the main components of the drug (salbutamol, bromhexine and guaifenesin), as well as to auxiliary substances, during pregnancy and lactation. And also with tachyarrhythmia, myocarditis, pericarditis and heart defects, decompensated diabetes mellitus, hepatic or renal insufficiency, glaucoma, thyrotoxicosis, arterial hypertension. With caution Ascoril is used in patients with diabetes mellitus, with ulcerative or ulcerative inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and gastric bleeding in the anamnesis.
This drug should be taken at the proper dosage and the frequency of admission: in adults, Ascoril is prescribed one tablet three times a day, and in children older than six years, half a tablet two to three times a day. It is important to know that the appointment of Ascoril tablets to children under six years is contraindicated due to the impossibility of a correct dosage.
The use of the drug in doses exceeding the average daily allowable or with prolonged uncontrolled use is possible the development of the side effect of the drug, which is associated with the cumulation of the drug in the body. The main side effects of Ascoril when applied in tablet form are: dizziness, headache, increased nervous excitability, tremor, sleep disturbance, drowsiness, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. With severe overdose, patients can cause seizures and collapse.
Also, patients with duodenal ulcers and stomach ulcers may exacerbate the disease, and in people with cardiovascular diseases, the development of tachyarrhythmias. Perhaps the development of bronchospasm, staining of urine in pink, the development of allergic reactions in the form of rash or urticaria.
Ascoril for children
Inflammatory processes of the mucous membrane of the trachea and bronchi in infectious and catarrhal diseases of acute or chronic genesis lead to impaired sputum formation, its viscosity increases and this makes it difficult to withdraw. There is a dysfunction of the ciliary epithelium of the bronchi and as a result stagnant phenomena of the tracheobronchial tree appear. A bronchial secret that contains bacteria, viruses, phagocytes and lymphocytes and its insufficient evacuation promotes the progression of the inflammatory process of the bronchopulmonary system. The use of combined antitussive drug Ascoril, which has an expectorant, bronchodilator, and mucolytic action and is intended for the treatment of cough of any genesis and etiology. In pediatric practice, in children up to six years of age, Ascoril is administered in the form of a syrup and dosed in envy from the clinical picture of the disease by the treating pediatrician.
The mechanism of action of this drug is determined by the effects of the constituents of the active components - bromhexine, guaifenesin and salbutamol.
After taking Ascoril quickly absorbed in the small intestine, and the therapeutic concentration of components in the blood plasma is observed after thirty to forty minutes. The half-life of the active ingredients is between five and eight hours.
Salbutamol has an activating effect on the beta-adrenergic receptors of the bronchi and adrenoreceptors of the myometrium and blood vessels. Its mechanism of action is based on the elimination or prevention of spasm of the bronchi, as well as the reduction of resistance in the respiratory tract, while increasing the vital capacity of the lungs. The mechanism of action of bromhexine exerts an expectorant and antitussive action, activating the cilia of the ciliated epithelium mucous trachea and bronchi and completely normalizing the disturbed relationship between the constituent components of sputum. In connection with this, the serous component of the bronchial secretion increases, and as a result, its viscosity decreases and the volume increases, which improves the spitting and coughing up of sputum.
Guaifenesin is a mucolytic agent whose mechanism of action is based on activation of the secretory cells of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchial mucosa and as a result This reduces the viscosity of phlegm, activates the ciliary apparatus of the bronchi, and this facilitates the departure of sputum and the unproductive cough changes to productive. Therefore, Ascoril in syrup or tablets is effective for the complex treatment of any cough as unproductive, and humid productive.
Ascoril of coughing
Ascoril is a combined drug from Glenmark Pharmaceuticals company effective for cough treatment having expectorant, bronchodilator, and mucolytic action. It is available in two dosage forms - syrup and tablets, with three main medicinal components: bromhexine, salbutamol and guaifenesin.
Syrup Ascoril ekspekorant is intended for use in pediatric practice and has the form of a transparent, orange liquid that has a specific odor. It is prescribed - in adults 10 ml each three times a day and this corresponds to: salbutamol - 2 milligrams, bromhexine - eight milligrams and guaifenesin - 100 milligrams. If necessary, the dose can be increased with the appointment and under the supervision of the attending physician. In childhood, this drug is prescribed depending on the age and is prescribed for children up to six years in a dose of five milliliters three times a day. Children from six syrups Ascoril exponent, it is prescribed from five to ten milliliters three times a day. Typically, the course of treatment with Ascoril is from five to seven days.
Tablets Ascoril is used in adults for one tablet three times a day. At children Ascoril in the tablet form is appointed or nominated since six years' age, it is appointed or nominated on poltabletki two - three times a day.
It is used for bronchial obstruction or cough with tracheobronchitis, obstructive bronchitis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, pneumoconiosis, pulmonary emphysema, pertussis and paracottus, as well as pulmonary tuberculosis.
Today, Ascoril can be bought freely in the pharmacy chain. This drug is widely used in the medical practice of physicians of therapeutic and pediatric specialization for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, which are accompanied by cough and bronchial obstruction. The average cost of the drug is: tablets from 220 to 250 rubles, and the price of the syrup is 100 ml from 180 to 200 rubles.
Ascoril is a sufficiently effective mucolytic drug that improves the rheological properties of the bronchial secretion and has an expectorant effect and is widely used to treat diseases of the bronchopulmonary system that are accompanied by obstructive syndrome, so these conditions are advisable to treat Ascoril, containing salbutamol, which has a bronchospastic effect. And also used in diseases of inflammatory genesis, which are accompanied by an unproductive cough and transfer it to a moist productive. When applying Ascoril, remember that this combination drug has side effects and should be applied only in the appropriate dosage, it is also necessary to observe the frequency of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment.
"Ascoril": instructions for use, analogues and reviews of doctors
In our time, the choice of expectorants is huge, and sometimes, going to the pharmacy, it is very difficult to determine, because the eyes run from the set of proposals. Today we will consider an effective drug called "Ascoril": its composition, instructions, side effects, contraindications for use, as well as reviews of patients and doctors about the effects of this medication.
Therapeutic components of the remedy
The main elements that help get rid of dry cough and those present in the drug described by us are:
- Menthol. The task of this component is to expand the bronchi and, as a result, improve breathing, as well as the passage of sputum through the respiratory tract. Another plus of this element is that it is of natural origin, not chemical.
- Guaifenesin- a special substance of plant origin, which is obtained from the bark of a guaiac tree. The effect of this component is this: it significantly reduces the viscosity of phlegm. The substance makes it less dense and because of this it is faster and easier to go.
- Bromhexine- Another important component of the syrup or tablets called "Ascoril" for children and adults. It has mucolytic, expectorant action.
- Salbutamol. It is a bronchodilator that causes muscle relaxation and enlarges the airway gaps. As a result, the patient's breathing quickly returns to normal. But the downside of such a component is that it can cause various side effects. It can be a headache, tachycardia, dizziness, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, sweating, etc.
Composition and form of release
1. In the form of tablets.Small pills - round, white, with a special half-marking for convenient separation. Are sold in a cardboard package of 10 or 20 tablets.
Composition: the main elements are salbutamol, bromhexine hydrochloride, guaifenesin. Additional substances: a small dose of calcium hydrophosphate, corn starch, methylparaben, propylparaben, purified talc, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
2. In the form of a carrot-colored syrup with a characteristic odor and a sweetish-bitter taste.The volume of the bottle is 100 or 200 ml. The composition is similar to the contents of tablets, the active substances are similar, but the additional components are: a small dose of sucrose, sorbitol, glycerol, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, citric acid, sorbic acid, dye, menthol, blackcurrant flavor, pineapple, purified water.
In which cases is the
The medicine "Ascoril", the instruction on which application provides accurate and detailed information, is appointed in a number of such cases:
- Diseases of the bronchi, as well as the lungs, which are accompanied by coughing and spitting: pneumonia, bronchitis, bronchial asthma.
- In whooping cough - a serious infectious disease of the respiratory tract.
- With tuberculosis of the lungs - a dangerous ailment, which is very difficult to treat.
- In cystic fibrosis - congenital pathology, in which the functions of the respiratory system are disrupted.
The drug "Ascoril": the instruction. Syrup for children and tablets for adults
A very good effect is provided by the medicine in the treatment of dry cough in children. Only in different children's age category the form of release of a medicine differs. So, children under the age of 6 years are assigned "Ascoril" - a cough syrup, and from 6 years you can give the same medication, only in tablets. Small calves are not prescribed pills because of the possible risk of overdose. The dosage of the medicine for babies is as follows:
In the form of medicine:
- up to 6 years - 5 ml three times a day;
- from 6 to 12 years - 5-10 ml per day;
- From 12 years - 10 ml three times a day.
In the form of tablets from cough:
- from 6 to 12 years - half a tablet three times a day;
- From the age of 12 on the whole pill three times a day.
Adults also receive medication in the same dosage as the younger generation after 12 years.
It is desirable to take the medicine on a full stomach after about half an hour - an hour after eating. It is not recommended to drink the preparation with mineral water with bicarbonate or milk with soda, as this reduces the effectiveness of the therapeutic effect. It is best to use ordinary purified water for this purpose.
The standard course of treatment is 5-7 days.
Application during pregnancy
Women in the situation, as well as nursing mothers, can not be cured by dry cough with this remedy. In this case, therapists prescribe other effective drugs of natural origin that do not exactly bring side effects to the pregnant woman and her future child.
Keep the medicine at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees. The expiration date is necessarily indicated on the package, and it is 2 years from the date of manufacture of the drug. Store the suspension and tablets preferably in a dark place, with low air humidity and always away from children, so that they can not get and drink the contents of the bottle or swallow the pill, taking it out of the blister.
Contraindications in use
A mixed product of plant and chemical origin, which copes well with the cough - syrup "Ascoril". Instructions for use of the drug states that it can not be used by persons who have the following health characteristics:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the medicine;
- pregnancy and the period when a woman is breastfeeding an infant;
- heart diseases;
- hepatic or renal insufficiency;
- An ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in the acute stage;
- gastric bleeding;
- arterial hypertension.
If a person has one of the above diseases, then the patient needs to replace the medicine "Ascoril". Tablets or syrup, similar in composition, you will not find, but there are many effective alternatives for the treatment of dry cough, which we'll talk about below.
Preparations of similar action
Many people are interested in what can replace the medicine "Ascoril". Analogues of this medicine are the following: syrups "Lazolvan", "Ambrobene", "Erespal". But still there are differences in the composition. If the medicine for coughing "Ascoril" is an expectorant, that is, it helps to cope with a dry cough, then the "Lazolvan" solution can be used at any stage of the disease. If we compare our medicine with the medicine "Ambrobene", then there is no difference in their effect. The difference is only in the cost of drugs. "Ascoril" (syrup) is much more expensive than its counterpart. The same effect is provided by Erespal, but the remedy to which the article is devoted is much cheaper.
Analogues of the tablets "Ascoril" can be:
- Dragee "Mukaltin".It is an expectorant, increases the amount of sputum and reduces its viscosity. The drug is much cheaper than the described drug. It is prescribed for children after 12 years, as well as for adults.
- Capsules "Tavifex". This is also an inexpensive analog of the "Ascoril" tablets, which can be taken only by adults, children under three can not be given it.
- Capsules Gedelix.Have a minimum of side effects, cheaper than the described drug, and are appointed from 12 years.
Taking large doses that exceed recommended in the instructions, as well as using the drug for longer than the prescribed time can provoke an overdose of the drug. In this case, it is necessary immediately stop drinking the drug and carry out activities aimed at alleviating the condition: rinse the stomach and take enterosorbents, for example: gel Enterosgel, tablets of activated carbon. Symptoms of overdose can be as follows: nausea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat, lowering of pressure, confusion. If a person has any problems with the heart, then he necessarily needs consultation of the therapist, as well as monitoring the cardiologist.
Side effects of taking the drug
Taking medication does not always lead to a positive result. It happens that people have side effects, the negative consequences are mainly related to the use of salbutamol, which is part of the drug "Ascoril". Instructions for the use of syrup or tablets states that there may be an unforeseen impact of the drug on the human body. The most common reactions are:
- trembling of limbs;
- Unhealthy heartbeat.
Less common can occur such phenomena:
- decrease in the concentration of potassium in the blood.
Very rarely, but still such reactions take place:
- bronchial spasm;
All these negative aspects can be observed in adults after treatment with the drug "Ascoril". The use of a suspension for the treatment of children can also cause various side effects, such as:
- formation on the skin of red spots (more often on the face, less often on the trunk and extremities);
- Bubbles on the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, eyes, genital organs;
- edema of the face;
- excited state;
- Disorder of taste (in this condition, the kids seem to be bitter);
- a feeling of numbness, tingling in the mouth;
- increased sweating;
- decrease or increase of blood pressure;
- increase in blood levels of insulin.
Interaction of the drug with other medicines
There are certain rules, according to which you can not prescribe with tablets or cough syrup "Ascoril". Instructions for use indicate that in the following situations it is worthwhile to refrain from using this medication:
- If the patient is taking drugs containing theophylline. They are able to enhance the effect of salbutamol, which is part of the drug described in this article. And this, in turn, threatens with the appearance of a number of side effects.
- The "Ascoril Expectorant" remedy can not be taken at the same time as other medicines that contain codeine, or any other cough medicines, as this makes it difficult for the diluted sputum to escape.
- It is not recommended to take this medicine simultaneously with alkaline drink.
- The version of the drug is excluded along with non-selective beta-adrenoreceptor blockers, such as propranolol.
The doctors' opinions about the use of the medicine
Many parents are concerned about the fact that the composition contains many dyes and flavors. Is it possible to use "Ascoril" (syrup) for children in this case? Opinions of pediatricians on this bill diverge. Some say that only safe additives are used in the manufacture of the drug, so you can safely buy the product in the pharmacy. Other doctors are not so positive about the drug "Ascoril". They leave the following comments: they say, even with an abundance of such additives, the flavor of the syrup is bitterish and not all children like it. In this case, they advise to choose a more "tasty" and effective analog, for example, the medicine "Erespal".
Another exciting question that parents ask when they come to a pediatrician or go for another expectorant means to the pharmacy - how safe is this remedy and will the "Ascoril" syrup harm the patient? Reviews again are different. Some doctors reject superfluous fears and fears even in spite of the fact that in the instruction to a medicine all possible side effects are described. Other doctors answer this question in a different way: separately taken active components of the drug are studied thoroughly and their effectiveness has been experimentally proved, and the risks of negative consequences are low. But in the case of complex drugs, which also include the "Ascoril" syrup from cough, it almost always happens that the combination several elements not only enhances the positive effect of the drug, but also increases the number of contraindications. It follows that the drug can somehow harm the person, but it all depends on the specific characteristics of the organism and certain conditions. Some patients take this medicine and tolerate it well, while others complain of various negative consequences. But all the same doctors recommend first to try the medicine "Ascoril". Tablets or syrup buy at the pharmacy - it's at your discretion, but in advance to be afraid of this drug is not worth it. Even if you have any side effects, you can easily replace the medicine with a similar one, especially since there are lots of options.
Opinions of parents about the drug "Ascoril"
Mom's comments about the treatment of children with this drug are different. But still most of the adequate parents have a positive opinion about him. According to their practice, the syrup really helps effectively cope with a dry cough, the baby is already expecting sputum the next day. A week later the symptom of the disease is completely lost. The price of this medication, although not low, but for a good result you can pay, parents believe, especially not to save on the health of the child. The opinions of the other parents are negative. Firstly, they badly speak about the drug, because it allegedly can not cope with a wet cough, but only aggravates the situation. But the fact is that this syrup treats a dry cough, and wet it does not, in this case another medicine is prescribed. Secondly, some do not follow the dose of the drug and instead of the prescribed 5 ml give children more or more, as a consequence - the emergence of a mass of negative consequences. Therefore, before you read such negative comments on the Internet, it is worth asking for advice to a specialist who will give his recommendations about the use of the drug or prescribe another treatment. In any case, it is possible to treat the child from a dry cough with suspensions from the pharmacy only after consulting a pediatrician who will examine the baby, listen to it, put an accurate diagnosis and appoint the appropriate treatment. Perhaps the doctor will recommend as the main drug "Ascoril", and maybe advise other syrups or pills, but this by no means means that the medicine described in this article is bad or ineffective.
Now you know what a good remedy you can cure a dry cough in a child or an adult. We found out the possible side effects of taking the drug, found out what could be the consequences of his overdose, and also remembered the others analogues of this medicine, which can replace the syrup, if for some reason there is no possibility to be treated with suspension or tablets "Ascoril". Instructions for the use of the drug in its entirety provides all the information regarding the medicine. Reviews about the drug are mostly positive, but there are also negative responses that can be read, but not particularly to delve into them, because, without trying the action of the tool on yourself, it is impossible to talk about whether it is effective or not.
The baby has a dry cough especially in the morning. what to do? the doctor prescribed an ascaril. Does not help.
Go to your doctor and complain that it does not help.
will listen to the child and prescribe the drug another.
Inhalations with water and soda. Boil the water, throw a spoonful of soda, cover the baby with a blanket, let it breathe.
Add the euphyllene.
descend or go to the allergist) probably a cough allergic
To the child, start giving an antihistamine.
priljubom a cough well syrup bronhofit well. Get well!!!!
Dry cough ATSTS well removes. I gave my children.
If a person coughs painfully, dryly, feeling "scratching" in the chest and in the throat, then in this case it is advisable take cough suppressants that suppress the cough reflex and normalize sputum production. It is recommended to take lollipops and lozenges with sage, drugs Libexin or Broncholitin.
If a person coughs with sputum and is difficult to separate, has a viscous consistency, then it is necessary use drugs that dilute sputum, such as: Lazolvan, Acetylcysteine, Bromhexine. These drugs have a protective and anti-inflammatory effect on the mucous throat, relieve spasm (constriction) of the bronchi.
In acute respiratory infections (ARI), the doctor will prescribe antitussive drugs, and will not conduct antibiotic therapy. And if a patient is diagnosed with bronchitis or pneumonia, then antibiotic treatment will be carried out in the first place, since suppression of microbial activity is a priority medical task. That's why it's important to get a checkup from a doctor. Taking a serious bronchial disease for a cold, the patient will try to stop only one symptom - a cough, unaware that it worsens his condition with ineffective self-medication.
Take expectorants and antitussives should be in case if dry, nasal, frequent coughing interferes with normal sleep. Drugs that suppress the cough center are Stoptussin-Fito, Glaucin, Libexin, Tusuprex, Sinekod.
Expectorants and thinners are called mucolytics. These drugs help clear the lungs of mucus and bring it out. Widely used mucolytic drugs: Mucaltin, Bromhexine, Khaliksol, Mukopronte, Mukodin, Fluimutsil.
If the cough does not go away for several weeks and is accompanied by a sharp pain in the chest; if a cough appears in the cough sputum or sputum yellow-green - contact your local doctor as soon as possible.
If Ascoril does not help, then you should inform the doctor about it. The reasons for a dry cough a lot. Recover and do not self-medicate!
Cough syrup for children
A frequent symptom of colds in childhood is cough. Distinguish dry and wet cough, each of which has its own characteristics.
So, if children have a wet cough, then the treatment is aimed at removing accumulated sputum from the respiratory tract.
With a dry cough, it is necessary to calm the cough center, as its irritation over-tires the child. In this case, there are painful sensations in the muscles from straining, sleep disturbances and excessive irritation of the nasopharynx.
It is believed that it is easier for a child to bear a wet cough than dry. And it is safer, because with a dry cough the child may have attacks of suffocation.
It is necessary to distinguish which medicine will help the child from a damp cough, and what can be drunk with a dry cough for children.
What can I give a child from a wet cough?
Because in childhood, sputum is viscous enough, it can be difficult to retreat. A doctor may prescribe an expectorant or mucolytic cough medicine for children in the form of a syrup.
Pediatricians prefer the following syrups from a wet cough:
- Lazolvan.Syrup from a wet cough for children fools helps to remove viscous sputum for various diseases of the upper respiratory tract (bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma), reduce its adhesive properties and viscosity. In half an hour the child will feel relief. The therapeutic effect is maintained for at least six hours.
- Dry cough medicine for children.As a good expectorant is dry cough medicine for children, which allows to intensify the peristalsis of bronchioles, resulting in a more successful excretion of sputum. The glycyrrhizic acid included in its composition has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Herbion syrup of primrose.The composition of the herbion from wet cough includes the roots of the primrose and the herb of thyme, which facilitate coughing and dilute thick viscous mucus. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Propane.Propane is an absolutely safe medicine, as its composition includes plant components. It helps to withdraw phlegm from the bronchi, improve the blood supply to the lungs and restore the drainage function of the bronchi.
- Ascoril Expert.The syrup for the children of Ascoril has a bronchodilator effect, helping to relax the muscles of the bronchi and reduce the irritation of the mucous membrane of the throat. Included in its composition, guaifensin allows you to translate the cough from unproductive to productive.
- Bromhexine.A good mucolytic agent is bromhexine for children, which helps to cope with difficult-to-detach phlegm in such serious diseases as pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis, cystic fibrosis. If a child has sputum accumulation in the bronchi as a result of a surgical procedure, then bromhexine is prescribed most often.
How to treat dry cough?
To treat this type of cough use drugs that depress the cough center.
The following syrups from dry cough most deserve the trust of doctors and are appointed in childhood:
- Libexin muko.Quite often pediatricians prescribe to the child a syrup from a dry cough libexin muco, which allows to eliminate spasm of the bronchi. However, it is contraindicated for children up to two years.
- Ambrogen. Syrup based on plantain ambroben allows to reduce the viscosity of phlegm. It can be given to a child from birth. However, if it is used incorrectly, stagnation in the bronchi is possible. Therefore, it must be used strictly under the supervision of a doctor.
- Doctor Theiss.Syrup with plantain Dr. Thiess is an effective mucolytic, anti-inflammatory agent that can cure dry cough in childhood. The child will not give up such a medicine, because it is characterized by a sweet taste due to the sucrose entering into its composition.
- Herbion syrup of plantain.In the herbion of dry cough, in addition to plantain also includes flowers of mallow. When it is used on the mucous membrane of the throat, a thin layer forms, which protects it from irritants. As a result, recovery is faster. Herbion helps to alleviate a child's unproductive cough.
- Flavamed.A solution for oral administration of flavamed can be a safe drug, so it can be given even to a newborn baby. However, stasis may arise if it is used in parallel with other antitussive drugs that are designed to depress the cough center.
It should be remembered that in order to achieve the best therapeutic effect in the treatment of cough, one should take into account its type - wet it and silt dry. Properly selected medications in accordance with the type of cough will help the child to transfer the disease more easily and quickly recover.