Dentistry provides the performance of any operations in the oral cavity in an absolutely safe way, using modern methods of tooth extraction and anesthesia. It is better not to ignore the doctor's recommendations for a tooth extraction operation, and not be afraid of the procedure.
- Treatment procedure after removal
- Is it permitted to inhale tobacco smoke after the procedure?
- How long does it take to smoke?
- Danger of smoking after anesthesia
- Threat of smoking after the procedure
Does acupuncture help with smoking? Before giving a blood test, can I smoke? What happens to the body when you quit smoking? All the truth! Can I smoke during pregnancy - how to quit? Quit smoking at home quickly
Most people know - smoking cigarettes provokes multiple diseases, dental in particular. In most people craving for nicotine is incredibly strong, after the procedure all the thoughts about whether you can smoke. Let's answer the question, can I smoke after tooth extraction?
Treatment procedure after removal
The main points of the process:
- The doctor closes the open wound with a cotton swab soaked in an antiseptic solution.
- After 20 minutes, it gently pulls out, during this time it will be impregnated with blood, and will be a favorable environment for the multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms.
- At this time in the wound, a blood clot forms, covering and promoting the healing of the wound. Before it is strictly forbidden to touch the tongue, remove other mechanical actions - rinsing.
- The dentist lays a special healing agent on the wound, which dissolves during a certain time. It is forbidden to extract them personally.
- If, after the removal of the wisdom tooth, its roots had processes, were twisted and damaged the gum while taking out, the doctor can prescribe antibiotics. The duration and the scheme of taking these medicines is determined by the doctor, the scheme he needs to follow, it is forbidden to stop the course ahead of time or use extraneous drugs.
Is it permitted to inhale tobacco smoke after the procedure?
The procedure for tearing is surgical, not too heavy, after it the organism is partially injured, it takes time to repair the damaged area. At this time, the patient must always limit physical activity.
Special attention is required by the recovery period after the removal of the wisdom tooth. Very often extraction of these teeth is difficult, they have to be removed in parts, the roots can be twisted, injure the gum.
To avoid infectious complications, it is better for the patient not to eat for some time.
Important! Cigarettes are prohibited after tooth extraction, they can affect the healing of the damaged area.
How long does it take to smoke?
From smoking, you need to refrain for some time after the operation, so as not to jeopardize the injured zone. Why not smoke? The answer is simple - smoke contains chemicals that can be irritating, they can dramatically decrease the healing time and cause bleeding:
- 2 hours is the least time for abstaining from cigarettes, doctors advise not to breathe nicotine even on the second day, but it is better not to smoke at all.
- Dry hole. If the bleeding does not stop after this time, start to inhale the smoke is prohibited until it completely stops.
- If the gums are stitched, the inhalation of smoke will have to be abandoned for a longer period of 2 to 10 days. Doctors recommend to abstain for as long as possible, because 10 days - the time of resorption of sutures and the recovery of damage to the oral cavity, cigarette smoke does not contribute to this.
For wisdom teeth, the recommendations are the same, but in this case, all operations are varied. The same recommendations and after the extraction of the tooth of the six or eight. In most cases, the doctor should prescribe an individual period of abstinence from nicotine. For recovery, the patient must strictly follow these instructions.
Some people carelessly refer to the rehabilitation period after surgery, if not follow the advice of a doctor, the wound will be delayed for a very long time, there will be pain, and other unpleasant consequences.
At the beginning of the article it was said that tobacco lovers have health problems much more often than non-smokers. It's true, the smoke of cigarettes can destroy enamel, forming caries. The resin present in it adheres the food residues, forming a tartar. From the liquid, the plaque becomes dense, glued into a harder lump, in a density not inferior to the stones. These clots are formed in the interdental spaces and negatively affect the gum.
Important! Follow the recommendations of a specialist, this will contribute to a quick recovery and accelerate the rehabilitation period, it will pass without pain and other unpleasant complications.
Danger of smoking after anesthesia
Substances that make up cigarettes are the main causes of exacerbations of anesthesia in this way. After tooth extraction under anesthesia, anesthetics affect the work of the respiratory muscles and the central nervous system, the amount of oxygen consumed decreases. During the smoking process, the amount of oxygen produced is even less, it will not be enough to provide the brain, oxygen starvation can occur.
Threat of smoking after the procedure
Why not smoke? It's not worth mentioning about the dangers of smoking, everyone knows - in addition to dental problems, it becomes the cause of other diseases. Consider in detail the harm of smoking after surgery. Patients smoke to ease the pain syndrome, this is wrong and does not help at all. By smoking they harm their own health.
- it is better to stop smoking for a few days;
- in certain situations it is better to forget about tobacco for up to 10 days, but such long restrictions are rare;
- with a normal wound healing, it is sufficient to wait 2-3 days.
Scientists have found out: when smoking cigarettes for a long time, 60% of people lost 60% of their teeth by the age of 60. Once again we remind - smoking after tooth extraction is harmful, smoking adversely affects the state of enamel. In addition, smoking causes the development of a number of oncological diseases.
It is better to worry about the correct period of healing of trauma and to suffer a certain time than regretting a wrong decision.
Everyone feels eternally young, but the body ages with time. The state of health of a person depends on attention to one's health. Do not succumb to your desire and whims, it is worth paying attention to the behavior of the body. In order not to aggravate the disease, adhere to simple rules, it will benefit the body. A quick rehabilitation period will help to get on line as soon as possible.