Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious disease characterized by the defeat of this organ. Its tissues are subject to destruction, instead of them specific knots and scars are formed. The disease has 4 stages, which differ from each other in severity. The person who is diagnosed with this is shocked, like his relatives. After all, stage 4 of the disease is practically not subject to treatment. Therefore, the question arises: with the diagnosis of cirrhosis 4 degrees, how many patients live?
- Causes of the disease
- Degrees of cirrhosis of the liver
- Symptoms of the disease
- Diagnosis of liver cirrhosis
- How many live at grade 4
Cirrhosis of the liver: diet and its characteristics Signs and treatment of liver cirrhosis Cirrhosis of the liver: can it be cured? Ascites in liver cirrhosis: symptoms and treatment Cirrhosis in men: symptoms and treatment
Causes of the disease
Cirrhosis occurs as a result of a negative effect on the liver. Depending on the cause of the development of the disease, you can more specifically consider the length of life. The most common reasons are:
- Disease due to alcohol abuse. Healthy tissues of the body begin to die, in their place appear rough cicatricial formation. As a result, the liver loses the ability to cope with its functions. How many live alcoholics? If after the diagnosis of a person continues to drink alcohol, then a high probability of a lethal outcome within 2 years.
- Genetic predisposition. During its life, the liver accumulates harmful metals. At the moment when their number reaches the peak point, the person begins to develop cirrhosis. Correct preventive measures will help to avoid fatal consequences, because patients are more often aware of their own peculiarities of the organism.
- Viral hepatitis. Cirrhosis is a complication of the disease. After passing the therapy, the patient needs to stick to a diet all his life. Exclude from the diet fatty, fried, canned, spicy dishes. Also completely abandon bad habits and drinking alcohol.
- Violation of the immune system. As a result, there is a blockage of the biliary tract, which leads to liver damage. In order to avoid this disease, you should regularly take a biochemical blood test.
The use of potent medicines can also cause disease. If the doctor has prescribed such treatment, then it is necessary to take medications in a complex way to maintain the normal functioning of the liver.
Important to remember!To avoid the appearance of liver cirrhosis, you should regularly undergo a preventive examination!
Degrees of cirrhosis of the liver
- 1 degree. The initial stage of the appearance of the disease. Characterized by violations of the bile duct. With the timely treatment of the cause of the disease a person can forget about cirrhosis and live a long time.
- 2 degree. The first indispositions which can be confused with occurrence of other diseases or a poisoning are shown. Therefore, access to specialists will help in this situation to avoid dangerous consequences, provided that the recommendations are implemented. But since there are no obvious signs of grade 2 cirrhosis, most often the patient does not address the doctors. Life expectancy at this stage of the disease can be about 7 years.
- 3 degree. A person begins to lose weight rapidly due to frequent vomiting after eating. The skin gradually becomes icteric. The patient during this period quickly becomes tired and feels weak. Also there are sharp changes in mood, sleep disturbance. If you do not treat cirrhosis 3 degrees, then a person can live no more than 5 years.
- 4 degree of cirrhosis - what does it mean? The most difficult, we can say - fatal. The person is in a very serious condition due to the appearance of complications that spread throughout the body. The work of the liver comes to inaction. With such cirrhosis, the patient lives no more than 3 years. How to treat cirrhosis of the 4th degree? Medical treatment of the disease is no longer susceptible.
Important to remember!In the early stages of cirrhosis of the liver can be cured and continue to live a full life! But in order to avoid the re-emergence of the disease, it is necessary to adhere to preventive measures.
Symptoms of the disease
The initial stage of cirrhosis usually passes asymptomatically. As the disease develops, there are such signs:
- constant fatigue;
- nausea, leading to vomiting with blood;
- significant weight loss;
- sleep disturbance;
- pain in the abdomen, swelling;
- swelling in the lower limbs;
- darkening of urine and fecal discoloration;
- increased body temperature;
- changing the size of the liver and spleen;
- allergic rashes on the skin, accompanied by severe itching;
- the appearance of jaundice;
- an increase in the size of the mammary glands in men and the absence of a menstrual cycle in women;
- the appearance of blood stains on the skin.
There are a lot of ailments associated with the gastrointestinal tract. All signs are not permanent. They, then fade, then progress with renewed vigor. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to your health and at the first signals to consult a specialist.
Diagnosis of liver cirrhosis
Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious disease that can hardly be treated. Therefore, it is very important to establish a correct diagnosis. How is the human body examined for the definition of cirrhosis? Not always the first studies give the specialist confidence about the presence of this disease. Detection of cirrhosis of the liver is a fairly long process. First of all, you should consult a doctor. Then the following research methods are assigned:
- A detailed interview of the patient. The doctor should know the patient's complaints in detail, his lifestyle, occupation, the presence of chronic or recent illnesses.
- Inspection of the patient. The doctor probes the abdominal cavity, examines the skin, the condition of the hair, nails.
- General analysis of blood and urine. Helps detect the presence of an inflammatory process in the body. In addition, urine in cirrhosis becomes dark in color.
- Biochemical analysis. Its results determine the abnormalities characteristic of cirrhosis of the liver.
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity. Determines the size of the organs, their increase or decrease, also reveals the presence of accumulated fluid in the abdomen.
- Echographic examination. It is aimed at detecting violations of blood circulation and metabolism in the liver.
- CT scan. Helps determine the location of the affected parts of the body.
Based on the results of the conducted studies, the specialist establishes the diagnosis and determines the extent of the lesion. After that, the most effective treatment is appointed in each individual case.
How many live at grade 4
The course of the disease of the 4th degree is characterized by a number of complications. It is in this case that the disease leads the liver into total inactivity, therefore the prognosis is unfavorable. The maximum person with such a diagnosis can live no more than 3 years. But if there is a defeat of the central nervous system, then for more than a year life will not last.
Therefore, it is very important to detect liver cirrhosis as quickly as possible. Also, preventive measures should be taken, interaction with poisonous substances should be avoided and a healthy lifestyle should be maintained.