Ointment from skin allergy in adults has the ability to significantly alleviate the affected parts of the skin and is an excellent preventive against exacerbations of reactions to various allergens. A rash with irritation, in addition to itching and repulsive appearance, is also a more dangerous threat. The fact that a healthy skin perfectly copes with the tasks of protecting the body from various harmful substances, in excess of those present in the surrounding space. Damaged areas worsen the function of natural protection and can even provoke the emergence of infectious diseases.
- What is ointment for allergies?
- What are the types of ointments?
- Non-hormonal ointments
- Hormonal ointments
- Ointments of combined action
- What ointment from skin allergy is considered the best?
Symptoms of dust allergy Photo of cold allergy Allergic reaction to sperm Symptoms of allergies to cats Eye drops for allergies
What is ointment for allergies?
In the case of late-started treatment, the skin suffers from severe drying and peeling. Since the damaged epidermis cells are restored very slowly due to disrupted functionality of the protective layer, the formation of scars and scars often occurs in the affected areas. Skin cells also have a special "immune memory", so the reaction to the presence of an allergen can lead to not only unpleasant symptoms in the form of rash, but also gastrointestinal tract diseases and various respiratory ailments.
In order to prevent further development of allergic reactions and possible complications, it is worth starting the treatment in advance. Ointment softens the inflammatory process and effectively fights the drying of the epidermis, restoring its functionality. The main thing is to choose the most suitable means, based on the optimal combination of indications and side effects, which are indicated directly on the package.
What are the types of ointments?
Non-hormonal ointment is usually prescribed in the case of allergic reactions, manifested without serious complications. Ointments of a corticosteroid type are used primarily for allergies occurring in complex forms. Ointments without hormones eliminate symptoms only after a certain period of time after use, so they are prescribed at the first stages of the development of the disease or after stopping the course of the ointment with hormonal supplements. Ointment from allergy with the use of hormones is used for those cases when there is a need for the deepest penetration of the epithelium.
Unlike the absolute majority of creams, ointment against allergy has a high fat content and has nutritious and strong substances in large quantities. It has the ability to get into the skin at an impressive depth and purposefully affect the problem areas. There are also ointments of antihistamine exposure, which contain various antibiotics. Such preparations are referred to a combined group and require high caution during application.
It is important!Hormonal ointment should not be used for more than ten days in a row. There are units of drugs created according to the most modern prescriptions and containing a minimal amount of corticosteroids.
Most nonhormonal ointments can be used in pregnancy because they have a small number of side effects. The list of the most effective and popular drugs of this type is as follows:
- Panthenol, Bepanten. The main active ingredient of these drugs is panthenol, which contributes to the regenerative processes of the skin and the restoration of damaged areas.
- Let's see, Actovegin. Thanks to retinol, which is part of these ointments, they can help stimulate the regenerative processes of the skin.
- Futsidin, Levosin. They have a pronounced bactericidal effect.
- Gels and creams containing lanolin moisturize and soften the skin and prevent the appearance of cracks and peeling.
- Skin-cap. Components that fight bacteria and fungi, supplemented with zinc, significantly reduce the intensity of inflammatory processes. Effective for use on the skin of the feet.
- Gystan. The complex effect of the components of this drug is aimed at normalizing the functionality of the whole organism. In addition to dimethicone and betulin, it contains a number of natural ingredients and extracts, which makes it possible to use it in the most sensitive places and on the skin of the eyes.
Such pharmaceuticals contain corticosteroid-type hormones and are most effective against food allergies on the skin. They have many shortcomings. As a result of the penetration of hormones into the circulatory system, the functioning of the adrenal glands is depressed, which can lead to serious complications. The most "harmless" of them are: acne, thinning of the skin layer, aridity and atrophy.
Many manufacturers of hormonal ointments reduce the amount of corticosteroids in their products precisely because of the various negative consequences for the human body. The most commonly used at the moment are such names of hormonal ointments:
- Hydrocortisone ointment. The active substance of this drug is hydrocortisone acetate. It is used for psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and other skin diseases. In the case of prolonged use, there are usually a number of negative consequences.
- Flucinar. The main component is fluocinolone acetonide, which belongs to the glucocorticoid group. This inexpensive ointment perfectly copes with the task of reducing inflammation and itching, however, it has a lot of side effects.
- Acriderm. Contains betamethasone, which has a rapid antipruritic, anti-edematous and anti-inflammatory effect. It even kills strong destructive processes, however, in case of misuse, it can lead to increased blood pressure, hyperglycemia and Cushing's syndrome.
- Sinaflanc. Contains glucocorticoid hormones and is effective even in the presence of chronic skin diseases. Helps for a short period of time, if used together with antimicrobial and antifungal drugs.
Ointments of combined action
One of the most popular drugs of this type is Levomecol, which simultaneously combines a reparant and an antibiotic. It is a worthy tool against itching and stops active inflammatory processes. Removes puffiness and cleans the affected skin from pus and germs. It is not recommended to use it in conjunction with other external strong tools. There are also cheaper analogues such as Netran and Levomethyl, the price of which is more affordable because of the lesser known manufacturer.
What ointment from skin allergy is considered the best?
Since the assortment of various ointments and gels at the moment is unusually wide, it is only with the help of an experienced specialist (dermatologist or allergist) that the most effective preparation is selected. The patient suffering from allergies, in rare cases, is able to choose for himself the optimal ointment, which really will have a positive effect, rather than disguises the symptoms.
To completely get rid of allergies, you must adhere to an integrated approach, which includes a special diet and activation of the natural protective functions of the body.