Pain in the heart of various intensity and nature - the main complaints in the cardiologist's office. Why is there a pressing pain in the heart? Does this condition always signal heart pathologies?
- Pressing heart attack - what can it be?
- Diagnostic Methods
Symptoms of heart pain We get rid of pain in the heart in simple ways Aching pain in the heart: causes and treatment Stitching pain in the heart: causes and treatment How the heart aches: symptoms in women, treatment
Pain in the heart can arise due to various pathologies in the body, they do not always refer to the problems of the cardiovascular system.
Why there is pain:
- poor blood supply and insufficient supply of oxygen to the heart muscle;
- inflammatory processes in the tissues of the heart;
- failures in metabolic processes in cardiac tissues;
- increased blood pressure, heart disease - these pathologies cause an increased stress on the heart;
- gastric diseases, esophageal diseases - gastritis, ulcer;
- pathological changes in the thoracic spine, ribs, intercostal nerve endings;
- lung disease.
With pains of cardiac origin, there are often additional symptoms - tachycardia, arrhythmia, dyspnea, skin becomes pale or acquire a bluish tinge. Against the backdrop of poor blood supply there is a feeling of lack of air, weakness, fainting.
Important!Often heart pain occurs against the background of colds - so the body reacts to toxins and the presence of pathogenic microorganisms.
Pressing heart attack - what can it be?
Pressing heart pain occurs in different places of the chest, while often radiating to other parts of the body.
Causes of pressing pain in the heart:
- The pain syndrome will increase after physical exertion, give to the left arm, back, accompanied by burning and contraction, increased arterial pressure - this is angina, one of the varieties of ischemic disease. It will be easier for a person, if he relax, to suck nitroglycerin.
- Pressing pain in the region of the heart at rest, which has a long character, is accompanied by tingling, aching sensations - nervous overexcitation, stress, high emotional stress.
- Pressing pain in the chest in the heart, which is accompanied by shortness of breath - a sign of myocarditis. This infectious or toxic damage to the heart muscle often causes swelling of the lower limbs, the heart rate increases, the temperature rises. The attack of pain occurs several times a day, nitroglycerin does not eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
- Pressing pain in the heart area in adolescents is rarely related to heart disease - unpleasant sensations intensify with deep breaths, swinging hands, which indicates problems with the musculoskeletal system. Sometimes the pain in the heart of adolescents is due to the use of drugs, banned drugs for sports nutrition.
- Nemet left hand against the background of pain in the heart - one of the most dangerous symptoms, may indicate a heart attack. Similar symptoms can develop with atherosclerosis, intercostal neuralgia.
Important!If the pain in the left hand is accompanied by a visual impairment, there are problems with the left foot - it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor, such symptoms often indicate a stroke.
Pressing pain under the heart, which gives in the forearm, lower jaw, scapula - signs of cardioneurosis. The disease refers to the pathology of the nervous system, does not cause changes in the condition of the heart tissue. Relief is observed after taking sedative medications. With cardioneurosis, a person becomes restless, sleep quality worsens, sweating increases. The disease is accompanied by increased fatigue, swallowing and deep breathing cause difficulties.
The main type of diagnosis of cardiac pain is an electrocardiogram. Be sure to make a stress-ECG - fix the activity of the heart during rest and during exercise. Based on the survey, you can see where the heart arteries are narrowed, determine the degree of deterioration of the heart and blood vessels, the risk of ischemic disease.
- chest X-ray;
- Fibrogastroscopy - allows to exclude pathological changes in the stomach and esophagus;
- examination of the spine of a neurologist, MRI for the identification of an intervertebral hernia;
- blood test - during a heart attack there is damage to the heart cells, special enzymes appear in the blood;
- Ultrasound of the heart - aimed at studying the condition of the muscles and valves of the body;
- tomography - allows you to identify coronary pathologies.
Important!Pressing pain in the heart is not typical for myocardial infarction. But often indicates the onset of anaphylactic shock.
What if I have a lot of pressure in my chest? It is necessary to consult a cardiologist, the doctor needs to tell in detail about the place of pain localization, the degree of its intensity, at what times it gets worse, how long ago seizures began.
Important!Doctors are urged to seek medical help within an hour after the onset of an attack.
If the heartache suddenly caught, you need to calm down, drink 40 drops of corvalol or valocardin. Well eliminates the discomfort of a joint intake of analgin and aspirin for 1 tablet.
The main groups of medications:
- Glycosides - Izolanid, Medilazid. The drugs contain digoxin, designed to eliminate heart pain of different origins.
- Selective beta-blockers contain metoprolol-Serdol, Corvitol. Reduce the number of myocardial contractions.
- Vasodilator drugs, nitrates - nitroglycerin, Sustak.
- The calcium channel blocker is Cardil, Veracard.
Nitroglycerin is an affordable and effective medicine for arresting heart pain, it is often used as a first aid in heart attacks. The drug has a long therapeutic effect, is rapidly absorbed into the blood, promotes the expansion of blood vessels.
Validol - also often used for pain in the heart. But this drug is effective only if the discomfort is caused by neurosis, stress, sometimes it helps with angina pectoris. With serious heart disease, Validol does not help.
For the prevention of heart disease, you need to get rid of bad habits and excess weight, more to move and rest, less nervous. As a primary prevention, you can take medications based on acetylsalicylic acid - Cardiomagnesium.
The heart needs vitamins, most of all vitamins B6, group F. In the optimal ratio they are contained in the Biovital complex. Useful substances for the heart muscle are found in olive oil, nuts, fresh sea fish, dried apricots.
Potassium and magnesium are the basic microelements for a healthy heart, they improve the functioning of the heart muscle, reduce the viscosity of the blood. For the treatment and prevention of cardiac pathologies use Panangin, Asparcum.
Important!Drinks that contain caffeine, remove calcium from the body, interfere with the absorption of potassium.
You can obtain the necessary trace elements from beef, legumes, pumpkin, carrots, baked potatoes, dried fruits and black currants. If you have heart problems, you need to reduce the amount of salt and sugar in your diet, and give up fatty foods.
Diseases, against which there is a pressing pain in the heart, are subject to compulsory treatment, only a doctor should do this. The most important in the treatment of many diseases is the time factor, any self-medication can cause irreversible consequences in the body.