Nail fungus is a very unpleasant phenomenon. Infect, especially in the summer, you can anywhere. But the struggle with it often takes a long time. A quarter of the population of our country, as the statistician says, suffers from this scourge. We will talk about how to cure the nail fungus on the legs at home by iodine and other methods.
- Treatment of fungus on the legs of the house by folk methods
- Iodine solution
- How correctly to be treated with iodine
- When to wait for the effect
- Other variants of folk treatment
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Birch tar oil against nail fungus
- Leaves of mountain ash from nail fungus
- Tea tree oil
- Treatment of nails with propolis
- How to cure a chronic nail fungus on the legs
- Running nail fungus on legs
- Nail fungus on the legs of a child
- Drugs for treatment
Which doctor prescribes treatment for nail fungus? Quickly treat the nail fungus at home How to choose inexpensive and effective drugs from nail fungus Effectively treat the neglected shape of the fungus on the nails We treat the head fungus in proven ways at home
Most often the fungus is transmitted between family members. If one person in the family picks up this disease somewhere, then in time it can appear in everyone. An immediate and correct home treatment is required.
Important!About what kind of doctor heals nail fungus can read in our article.
Of course, the funds for treatment are sold at any pharmacy. They can be local (ointments, creams) and systemic (pills, injections). But many pharmacy products are expensive. So do not forget about the national home treatment, the effectiveness of which has already been tested by more than one generation of people.
Treatment of fungus on the legs of the house by folk methods
Note!Many folk remedies have different side effects. Some ingredients smell unpleasant, others can change the color of the fingers for a while. So, when practicing traditional treatment, you do not need to plan business visits or going to visit.
It is the request for how to cure the nail fungus on the legs at home with iodine, is one of the most popular. Therefore, you can start with it. The alcohol solution of iodine will really help with the described disease. After all, it has a disinfectant and antiseptic effect.
With its help to destroy the fungus is quite simple. It is necessary to use iodine every day, apply the solution to the affected areas of the foot. But not all types of fungus are destroyed by iodine. You also need to remember about a possible allergic reaction, the presence of individual intolerance.
Advice!Before applying iodine to fight the fungus of the nail and finger, you need to test yourself for the tolerance of the substance. A little solution to drip on the inside of the hand above the palm of your hand and wait for half an hour: will there be any rash, redness, itching.
How correctly to be treated with iodine
To cure foot fungus at home with iodine, you simply apply a drop of the solution to the affected areas twice a day. Perform processing with a cotton swab or ordinary cotton wool. It is best to drip directly on the nail plate.
Important!Iodine will stain the nails and skin in yellow, quite noticeably. Consider this, by actively treating before leaving, going to the pool or sauna.
For prevention purposes, it is necessary to treat those parts of the foot that are next to the immediate site of the lesion. It will be enough one drop.
Another method of treatment - a bath with iodine for the legs. Pour a half of the bubble into the basin with warm water and steam for 10 minutes. Then the affected areas should be cut as much as possible without causing injury to the skin. Treat the site with hydrogen peroxide and make a bandage with antibacterial ointment.
Iodine can be mixed with apple cider vinegar. Such a solution is suitable for treating the feet in the morning and in the evening. It is enough to do usual rubbing, the course of treatment should not be more than two weeks.
When to wait for the effect
If the treatment affected the fungus that hit the foot, it will be noticeable in a week. (On the foot fungus and its treatment, read here). Perhaps, the treated area will itch, burn. With strong unpleasant sensations, the frequency of treatment should be reduced to once in two days. But itching and burning speak about the process of destruction of the disease.
The total treatment time is from three weeks to several months. How quickly to cure the fungus at home, we already wrote.
What are the rules of adherence during home treatment with iodine:
- use personal hygiene products;
- Do not go to baths and saunas;
- refuse to visit beaches, swimming pools;
- do not perform a pedicure;
- every day to change socks;
- Wipe your feet dry after each washing of your feet;
- allowed the use of drying powder.
Other variants of folk treatment
In addition to treatment with iodine, other folk remedies can be used to kill the fungus on the nails. Consider the most effective.
Hydrogen peroxide is a good antibacterial. Before use for a greater effect, the legs are steamed in a soda solution (2 h. l. baking soda for 2 liters of water). On its basis, many recipes for the treatment of fungus have been developed:
- lotion (to drip a few drops of peroxide on the fingernail and apply a sponge soaked in it to the patient site for 1 hour, the procedure is carried out 2 times a day);
- baths (4 tbsp. l. peroxide diluted in 2 liters of water, lower legs or hands, keep for 2 hours, the procedure to perform in the morning and at bedtime).
Birch tar oil against nail fungus
You can use 10-30% ointment, which will help get rid of the fungus. Sometimes they get tar on their own. Its medicinal properties have been known for a long time. To do this, a hole is made in the cast iron, a metal chute is inserted into it. It is necessary to put birch bark in the cast iron, tar will be collected in the gutter, which is suitable for treatment.
From the fungus on the nails can get rid of with vinegar. In an equal proportion, mix 70% acetic acid and glycerin, pour into a convenient vial, shake well before use. Lubricate the damaged nail plate 3 times a day, approximate course of treatment 3 weeks.
There is a simple antifungal agent - a bath with the addition of apple cider vinegar, which must be done every day before going to bed.
On the basis of apple cider vinegar make compresses:
- mix the vegetable oil with vinegar in the proportions of 1: 1;
- moisten gauze or a sterile bandage in a solution and apply to a sick nail;
- wear 4 hours a day until complete recovery.
Shredded dry celandine mixed with alcoholic iodine tincture, to obtain a homogeneous mass. The resulting mixture is applied to a sick nail, wrapped in cellophane and fixed with a bandage. Leave the compress for 20 minutes. After the time has elapsed, remove the medicinal mass with a cotton swab. After the procedure, do not recommend wetting the nail for two hours. Approximate course of treatment - a week.
Effective antifungal method with ammonia. 1 tbsp. l. Spread alcohol in 200 ml of water, moisten the gauze swab in the prepared solution, apply it to the affected nail, wrap it with polyethylene and fix it with a bandage. If the sick nail is on the toe, put on the sock. The procedure should be performed three times a week until the symptoms of the fungus disappear.
Leaves of mountain ash from nail fungus
It is important that the leaves of the mountain ash are fresh and young. They need to be collected in an environmentally friendly zone, pounded to a gruel-like condition. Make compresses on affected areas, leave overnight.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil can cause irritation, so use it must be extremely accurate. There are several ways to use oil, the simplest is:
- To drip on the nail the concentrated oil and gradually rub it with fleece (be careful not to touch the skin around the nail);
- then nail plate plaster and hold for seven hours, the procedure to perform for three months 2 times a day.
If from the described prescription there were unpleasant sensations, mix butter or oil a tea tree with olive.
An effective remedy for fungus on the nails is a recipe based on lemon. Citrus is cut into slices and applied to diseased nail zones, wrapped with food film, then fixed with a bandage. The course of treatment is up to ten days. This method will help restore the nail plate a healthy appearance at any stage of the disease.
Treatment of nails with propolis
Against the foot fungus, you can make tampons with propolis. Propolis tinctures or extract are used. Use this tool is allowed every day. In addition to the main effect, propolis accelerates the growth of the nail plate. This means that it will be removed faster.
How to cure a chronic nail fungus on the legs
The aged fungus threatens the loss of the nail, so the disease must be treated at the initial stage. If the nail plate has become thick, loose and layered, then the therapy will be delayed. Effective means in the struggle with chronic fungus:
- Skin the nail around the nail with a nutritious cream, apply a peroxide mushroom to the diseased area, wrap it with polyethylene and fix it with a bandage, remove the bandage in the morning, perform the procedure several times;
- in the solution of potassium permanganate, steam out the legs, prepare a mixture of propolis and alcohol, put on the nail and fix it with a bandage, perform the procedure the day before the complete cure.
Running nail fungus on legs
Before the beginning of treatment it is necessary to determine and eliminate the factor that affected the development of the fungus. Further prescribe antifungal drugs for local treatment and oral (spray and terbinafine tablets). Other remedies for treatment of fungi:
- Creolin (handle the nail for two months, use gently, glue the skin around the nail with adhesive tape);
- Zalain cream;
A good effect can be obtained with compresses based on 5% sulphurous ointment and iodinol. Nourish the nail with daily application of essential oils (lavender, tea tree).
Nail fungus on the legs of a child
At the first signs of fungal manifestations, the child should consult a specialist. At the initial stage, several effective procedures can be performed:
- in a bowl, pour hot water and pour rubbed laundry soap, keep the feet for 15 minutes;
- softened after steaming place to remove using scissors;
- grease with Betadine solution;
- After the disinfectant has dried, lubricate with an antifungal cream (Nizoral, Exoderyl, Lamisil).
Drugs for treatment
Tablets against the fungus should be selected by a qualified doctor. The modern market offers a wide range of products:
- Flukanazole, ketoconazole;
- Itraconazole, terbinafine;
Popular and active preparations for topical application to date: Nizoral, Exoderyl, Clotrimazole, Lamisil. It is worth remembering that all these drugs have a lot of contraindications and side effects, do not engage in self-medication.
The most common and common way to combat nail fungus is the cream. The most effective members are:
- Zalain cream (based on Sertoconazole);
- Exoderyl (contains Naphthyfin);
- Nizoral (includes ketoconazole);
- Mifungar (in the composition of Oksiconazole);
- Nitrofungin (based on chloronitrophenol);
- Batrafen (with the active substance Cyclopyroxolamine).
Now you know effective ways to treat nail fungus on your legs at home. If such therapy does not help and you can not get rid of it, you should always consult a doctor.