Ovarian cyst is a common gynecological disease, however each case requires an individual approach because of the peculiarity of tumor formation. Often the question arises: drug treatment or operation of cysts on the ovary, what will be better and will cause fewer complications? It is worth considering all the most common cases and ways to solve the problem.
- What is dangerous ovarian cyst
- What determines the choice of treatment
Ovarian cyst rupture: symptoms and treatment Endometrioid ovarian cyst - symptoms and treatment Paraovarian ovarian cyst - symptoms and treatment Dermoid ovarian cyst - symptoms and treatment Symptoms and Treatment of Follicular Ovarian Cysts
The cyst is a benign neoplasm, most often it is a vesicle, a small tumor with liquid contents, but there are other forms of formation. A variety of neoplasms often depends on the approach to treatment, the most appropriate method of therapy.
Modern specialists find it difficult to explain to the end why the cyst is formed. The main reason is the abnormal development of the follicle, which in one of the stages of the menstrual cycle does not break, as expected, but remains in the ovary and begins to fill with fluid. About 90% of the total number of diagnosed cysts is formed in this way.
Important!Often, the cysts do not show themselves, so most people find out during the preventive examinations at the gynecologist.
In general, the most common types of neoplasms are most common, they are most typical for women of reproductive age. Symptoms usually do not differ, therefore, for an accurate definition of a variety of cysts, you should consult your doctor:
- Functional variety. It is the most common, arises because of the "overripe follicle". In this case, a bubble appears, filled with a liquid, which usually does not increase greatly with time. A characteristic feature of this type of neoplasm is the ability to independently dissolve with a new menstrual cycle.
- Endometroid cyst. In this case, the main component of the tumor is endometrial cells, which for some reason found themselves in the ovary cavity. This type of tumor is quite dense, it grows with each menstrual cycle and can degenerate into a malignant tumor.
- The true cyst. The most common serous variety, such tumors have a rather complex structure and have the greatest ability to degenerate into a malignant tumor.
The symptomatology of all varieties of neoplasms is similar. First of all, signs of cyst formation include disorders of the menstrual cycle, severe pain during menstruation, a change in their habitual character. If such symptoms occur, it is better to see a doctor right away, as they can also talk about other diseases that can be more dangerous.
What is dangerous ovarian cyst
Different neoplasms can be dangerous, depending on the variety of cysts, the consequences may vary. Basically, these tumors can lead to the following complications:
- Rebirth into a malignant tumor. This applies to all varieties of neoplasms, except for functional ones.
- Twisting the legs of the tumor. This can happen with almost any neoplasm, in this case, when there is a twist, the blood circulation in the tumor is broken, so that an inflammatory process can occur. Sometimes twisting leads to severe peritonitis, while the moment of twisting remains unnoticed.
- Damage, violation of the integrity of the body of the cyst, its suppuration. In this case, there is also the possibility of developing an extensive inflammatory process, in addition, with damage to the tumor, the probability of degeneration into a malignant increases.
Therefore, any cyst should be treated or monitored for changes in the case of a functional form that is not necessarily treated in all cases. In any case, at the beginning, you need to consult a doctor.
Important!When a cyst occurs, it is important to go through the examination and make sure that the tumor is not of a malignant nature.
What determines the choice of treatment
The choice of treatment depends primarily on the type of tumor. In some cases, if a follicular form occurs, treatment is not required at all, just wait for a while until it starts to dissolve on its own. While it does not disappear, it is important to observe the specialist and monitor the dynamics of changes.
Intervention with follicular form is required in some cases. First of all, if the cyst continues to grow in size, it is located in such a place that it can easily burst or be damaged. Depending on the individual indications, treatment is prescribed.
With other types of neoplasms, women usually have two ways of treatment, always first try the first, if the cyst does not threaten to soon become a malignant, there is no twisted "leg":
- Treatment without surgery. Usually used in follicular cysts, treatment without surgery involves the intake of hormonal drugs that help to regulate the reproductive system, can also be prescribed a healthy diet, intake of vitamins and minerals, and physiotherapy procedures. Throughout the treatment it is important to monitor changes in the cyst.
- Surgical intervention. Usually used for endometrial and other organic neoplasms. By the method of laparoscopy, in which there are no traces of incisions, the neoplasm itself is removed. The recovery period after surgery lasts for several weeks, on the whole, such operations take place without any special consequences.
In a child, cysts associated with the reproductive system are usually immediately subject to removal, while it is important to make sure there are no endocrinological problems. The appearance of a tumor in a child can talk about endocrine diseases, especially just before the onset of puberty, it can be an extremely bad sign.
In pregnancy, the tumor tries not to touch, if it does not pose a danger to the pregnant or future child. If there is a likelihood that her presence can adversely affect the fetus, the cyst is tried to remove as carefully as possible. Also, during pregnancy, the probability of developing the follicular form of the yellow body increases, usually it resolves itself after a while.
With the climax, the appearance of a tumor can be an extremely dangerous sign, in most cases it is not functional and has a high risk of becoming malignant. Therefore, they try to remove it immediately, after removal of the reproductive system, prolonged monitoring is necessary.
In any case, before starting treatment, you need to consult a doctor, self-medication with this disease can be extremely dangerous. In general, a timely diagnosed cyst rarely leads to severe consequences and is easily treated.