Hemoglobin - necessary for the normal operation of the body substance, with different diseases, its quantity may decrease or increase, which leads to various disorders. It is necessary to know the norm of hemoglobin in men by age, the table will help you navigate in the meanings.
- What should hemoglobin be in men?
- Increased hemoglobin in men
- How to lower hemoglobin?
- Low hemoglobin in men
- How to raise hemoglobin?
What is the norm of glycated hemoglobin - table What is the norm of hemoglobin in women - see the table Low hemoglobin in adults - what preparations with iron to take Causes and symptoms of low hemoglobin in pregnancy The causes of high hemoglobin in women, how to treat
It should be noted that in men the increased hemoglobin is more often than the lowered. Anemia, a condition where hemoglobin is not enough in the body, usually occurs in women due to some physiological characteristics. In men more often there is a different situation.
High hemoglobin in this case also leads to a rather dangerous condition, with its excessive amount of blood becomes too thick, which can lead to the formation of blood clots. The increased likelihood of a clot in the end can result in a heart attack or stroke. In addition, sometimes elevated hemoglobin can be caused by a dangerous hematological pathology, it is important to identify it and cure it in time.
What should hemoglobin be in men?
The content of hemoglobin in the body usually depends primarily on age, with normal limits usually high enough. When you identify abnormalities from normal values, you need to pay attention to the state of the person as a whole.
|20 years and men over 30||130 - 172|
|In men after 40||130 - 171|
|In men after 50||130 - 170|
|In men after 60||125 - 174|
Important! The level of hemoglobin can significantly decrease after heavy blood loss.
If the results of the tests indicate a deviation from these indicators, it is worthwhile to see a doctor, especially if the values are much higher than normal values. It should also be noted that for women the values are usually different.
Increased hemoglobin in men
High hemoglobin in men, from 180 and above, occurs in representatives of the stronger sex quite often. However, these values can talk about serious diseases that can lead to the development of severe complications. It is worth considering if hemoglobin is elevated, what does it mean:
- Long stay in extreme conditions. The level of hemoglobin and erythrocytes can increase under the influence of constant stay at altitude, for example, in the mountains, with strong permanent physical exertion.
- Dehydration. With severe exhaustion and a lack of fluid in the body, the level of hemoglobin increases. This is the so-called relative erythremia, when the volume of the liquid part of the blood decreases.
- Various oncological diseases. When the tumors are formed, the composition of the blood and the process of hematopoiesis are often disturbed, as a result of which iron rises. However, in this case, anemia may also occur, it all depends on the type of tumor.
- Various pathologies of the heart and lungs. With different diseases with malfunctions of the lungs and the heart, the level of hemoglobin increases, the blood can condense, which in turn leads to other complications.
Therefore, when high hemoglobin is detected, a full-fledged examination is absolutely necessary, it is required to exclude possible severe pathologies. An increased amount of iron in the body usually leads to the following symptoms:
- appearance on the skin of red areas, increased skin peeling;
- dizziness, headaches, increased heart rate and pressure;
- sleep disorders, insomnia or, conversely, drowsiness;
- disruption of the digestive tract;
- with elevated hemoglobin, the blood in cuts is usually quickly folded.
Important! With an elevated iron level, it is usually useless to have different diets, medications are always required, and the causes of this condition should be identified.
How to lower hemoglobin?
Before the beginning of treatment, a complete examination is performed, during which the cause of elevated hemoglobin is clarified. Usually begin to treat the disease that caused this condition. For treatment to be most effective, a lightweight diet with reduced iron content can be recommended, it is also advised to drink more liquid.
From the drugs can be assigned various vitamin complexes, various drugs that reduce blood clotting, for example, acetylsalicylic acid. During treatment, one should constantly monitor the fluctuations of iron in the body.
Low hemoglobin in men
Anemia occurs in men less often, women have more factors that provoke a lack of iron and other essential substances in the body. Common causes of low hemoglobin are as follows:
- large blood loss, for example, with trauma;
- malnutrition, deficiency of iron and other mineral elements in the body;
- constant long-term use of drugs that dilute blood;
- various diseases in which the process of hematopoiesis is disturbed.
This is the main cause of anemia, in most cases, it leads to a lack of iron, which helps to fill the diet. Anemia can cause a lot of unpleasant consequences, it leads to a decrease in performance, cardiovascular system disorders, low blood pressure, anemia usually greatly reduces the overall level of immunity.
Symptoms of anemia can talk about other diseases, so you should definitely take blood tests. Usually anemia occurs in men with a reduced body weight, with an unhealthy lifestyle. You should pay attention to the following signs of this condition:
- sleep disturbances, constant fatigue, and insomnia can occur;
- constant weakness, cold hands and feet, chills;
- darkness in the eyes with sudden movements, frequent headaches and dizziness;
- pallor of the skin, deterioration of the skin and hair, nails;
- reduced blood clotting, even small scratches heal for a long time and with difficulty;
- cramps in the limbs, pain in the muscles.
If such symptoms occur, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible and take the necessary tests to help identify anemia. Usually you need to take a blood test, but you may also need a checkup from a cardiologist or neurologist.
It is worth remembering that signs of anemia can occur after donating blood as a donor. To avoid this, it is necessary to follow the recommendations of specialists after the fence.
How to raise hemoglobin?
With a reduced amount of iron in the blood should also be screened, which will help establish the cause of anemia. Most often with this condition it turns out to cope with a diet that includes more products containing a lot of iron and other essential minerals. Usually it is advised to eat more meat, cereals, legumes, nuts.
If the lack of iron is too great, coping with a single diet with it will be extremely difficult. In this case, it is required to take special preparations against anemia, which contain iron. In addition, vitamins B and C are usually prescribed. Vitamin C is necessary to ensure that these drugs are better absorbed, it improves blood quality. At the same time, during the treatment, it is advised to avoid dairy products, since they on the contrary contribute to the insufficient assimilation of the necessary substances.
In addition, usually generally advised to move to a healthy lifestyle. When anemia is advised to spend more time in the fresh air, pick up a suitable kind of physical activity. Lack of exercise negatively affects the work of the heart and blood vessels, the body as a whole.
Do not treat anemia or elevated hemoglobin alone, this can lead to serious consequences. It is necessary to identify the cause of this condition before the beginning of treatment, otherwise you can damage the body and provoke a deterioration of well-being.