Urinary incontinence or enuresis is not such a rare problem in our time, sometimes it occurs in men of any age, despite the common misconception that the disease is usually considered senile. It is worth knowing more about the causes and treatment of urinary incontinence in men, anyone can face such a disease.
- Symptoms and features of the disease
- Why does urinary incontinence occur in men?
- Home Treatment
Treatment of urinary incontinence in children Incontinence of urine on cough - causes and treatment Gymnastics Kegel with urinary incontinence - the rules of implementation Treatment of urinary incontinence using tablets We treat incontinence in women at home
Symptoms and features of the disease
Symptoms of urgent incontinence usually increase gradually. Usually it begins with a rapid increase and the number of urges to urinate, then urine starts to be uncontrolled, at first in small portions, then more.
In this case, if the disease is caused by other pathologies of the pelvic organs and is not a temporary phenomenon that has arisen because of overexertion, pain occurs in the area of the organs of the excretory system. Such a symptom must be alerted, if it is accompanied by an increase in local or general temperature, a change in the color of urine or the appearance of blood in it, it can speak of a severe inflammatory process.
If there is numbness in the lower limbs, toes when you have urinary incontinence, you need to contact the neurologist as soon as possible. This symptom may indicate the development of serious neurological disorders, which without proper treatment can lead to paralysis.
The specific causes of the development of the disease are sometimes extremely difficult to single out, often they are a complex of various factors. Depending on the main causes of urinary incontinence, the following forms of the disease are distinguished:
- Imperative incontinence of urine. It occurs more often than other varieties, arises because of disturbances in the work of the nervous system or in diseases of the prostate. In this case, the urge to urinate appears too quickly and can not be controlled.
- Stress incontinence. It is usually a short-term phenomenon that occurs after recovery from emotional or physical overstrain. This type of disease can arise after muscle tension in the abdomen and pelvis.
- Urinary incontinence, due to the constant delay of discharge in the bladder. In this case, it arises from the habit of tolerating an overflowing bladder, uncontrolled urination is accompanied by painful sensations.
Depending on the form of the disease, suitable treatment is selected. It is worth remembering that often incontinence is a complex problem that requires long-term therapy. Do not perceive the occurrence of enuresis as an age-related change, as it is not normally present even at an older age.
Important!In the treatment of this disease, always try first of all to establish a way of life, only then resort to medical and surgical treatment.
Why does urinary incontinence occur in men?
Despite the fact that this disease is often called the disease of the elderly, it can appear at any age. In some cases, incontinence is only a symptom that indicates the occurrence of other disorders in the functioning of the genitourinary system and other organs.
In general, the following factors can cause urinary incontinence:
- Physical and emotional stress, stress. In this case, the condition will not be accompanied by signs of inflammation, stresses usually lead to the occurrence of incontinence in a dream. Incontinence can also be attributed to beatings and various injuries, in this case it is extremely important to make sure that the kidneys have not been damaged.
- Various diseases and disorders in the prostate gland. In this case, involuntary urination will occur with the tension of the pelvic muscles, with coughing, lifting weights. This condition can arise due to various prostate cancers, after incorrectly performed or complicated surgical interventions, with the inflammatory process in the prostate gland.
- Neurological diseases, especially Parkinson's disease and other similar disorders. They are most often the cause of senile incontinence that occurs in older men. Also incontinence is common after a stroke, it can be attributed to neurological disorders.
- Inflammatory infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, they include cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis and other similar pathologies. In this case, other symptoms of inflammatory diseases will appear: pain in the lower abdomen, a change in the color of urine, an increase in body temperature.
- The consequences of taking various medications that can cause an increase in the frequency of urge to urinate include, for example, antihistamines. In this case, the disease is a temporary condition that occurs after stopping the medication and completely removing it from the body.
Important!An unhealthy lifestyle and the abuse of alcoholic beverages play an important role in the onset of this disease.
These are the main causes of urinary incontinence in men. It is worth noting that in a number of cases, different factors can be combined and strengthened, especially if incontinence has occurred at an older age or after injuries of a different nature. Frequent urges to urinate usually disappear after elimination of the underlying cause of this disease.
How to get rid of incontinence in men? First of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the cause of this condition, further treatment depends on this. In any case, an integrated approach is required in order to get rid of spontaneous urination, first of all you need to establish a lifestyle and give up harmful habits. Usually the following methods are used for treatment:
- Physical exercises with incontinence. Various physical exercises are aimed at strengthening the pelvic muscles and normal functioning of the bladder. Such exercises have a positive effect on the course of the disease in any case, usually apply Kegel exercises for men with urinary incontinence.
- Pills. Depending on the causes of this disease can be used various medications. Usually, antispasmodics are used to help relieve spontaneous urination. If the incontinence was caused by an inflammatory process and an infectious disease, antibiotics are used.
- Pampers for men with incontinence for men and other products that help control urination, here also include various absorbent pads for men, clips and bandages. These drugs are used if the main cause of incontinence in the process of elimination. It is worth remembering that such remedies do not help to get rid of the disease itself, help only to minimize their impact on the ordinary life of a person.
In a number of cases, surgical intervention is required, but they try to postpone it to the last, trying to cope with the problem in a conservative way. In order not to start the disease before the obligatory surgical intervention, you need to contact the urologist at the appearance of the first signs of the disease.
If the disease is caused by an acute inflammatory process in the genitourinary system, you should go to bed rest for at least a few days until active inflammation comes to naught.
It is also advised to go on a diet that will reduce the amount of fluid in the body, advise drinking less water and especially stimulating the excretion of tea and coffee liquid. In general, to get rid of the disease, it is advised to normalize the diet and the regime of the day. Regardless of the causes of the disease, it is advised to sleep at least eight hours a day. If all the doctor's requirements are fully met, the problem will soon stop worrying so much.