Stevia is an herb that grows in South America and is a natural sweetener.
Admirers of a healthy diet hotly loved the honey grass of Paraguay and use it instead of sugar in all dishes and drinks.
- Instead of sugar
- For weight loss
- Decoctions and infusions
- In cosmetology
Unlike chemical sweeteners, stevia is absolutely natural,and has a mass of useful properties.
At the end of XX century.the grass became very popular, so it began to grow everywhere. However, as before, Paraguayan stevia is considered the best.
Now you can buy honey grass in pharmacies, shops and even grow in your own garden or on the window.
Properties of the plant
The main feature of stevia is its sweetness. Natural stevia is 10-15 times sweeter than sugar, and its extract is 100-300 times!
At the same time the calorie content of the grass is negligible. Compare, in 100 g of sugar is present about 388 kcal, and in the same amount of stevia - only 17.5 kcal.
That's why it is recommended to use it for people who struggle with excess weight.
Stevia is a rich source of vitamins and other nutrients. It consists of:
- vitamins A, C, D, E, K, R;
- minerals: chrome, selenium, phosphorus, iodine, sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron;
- amino acids;
The glycemic index of the product is zero, which makes the stevia an ideal sweetener for the diabetics .
And do you know what diarrhea is and how to treat such intestinal disorders at home? Recommendations and folk recipes against sudden diarrhea, we collected in a useful article.
For folk ways of treating chronic laryngitis at home read the article on this page.
Another important advantage of stevia is that when exposed to high temperatures it does not change its properties.
Therefore, the product can also be used in cooking for cooking hot dishes.
What is the use for the body of
Stevia is not only unusually tasty - it is also extremely useful.
What is the effect of honey grass on the human body?
- Thanks to the increased content of antioxidants, stevia contributes to:
- cell regeneration,
- neutralizes radionuclides,
- cleanses the body of salts of heavy metals and toxins.
This slows the development of tumors and tumors.
- Antioxidants make the stevia still and an excellent cosmetology tool .
It is no accident that it is added to the creams for mature skin.
- premature skin fading,
- improves the condition of hair, nails and teeth.
- Stevia stimulates the production of hormones, therefore it improves the functioning of the pancreas, thyroid and sex glands.
Honey grass is especially useful for men:
- levels the hormonal background,
- improves potency and enhances sexual attraction.
- A useful stevia and for the cardiovascular system.
Potassium , part of the plant, strengthens the heart muscle and the walls of the vessels .
The constant use of stevia will help to remove harmful cholesterol, which is the main cause of atherosclerosis, and to normalize blood pressure .
- Stevia helps to get rid of bad habits.
Regular use of tea with stevia reduces cravings for alcohol, cigarettes and sweet food.
- Beneficial effect of honey grass and on metabolic processes in the body.
If after any meal you drink tea with this sweetener, you can improve digestion and speed up metabolic processes, cleanse the body of toxins and toxins.
This is promoted by a very useful polysaccharide, pectin, which is present in large quantities in stevia.
- Stevia has anti-inflammatory, wound-healing and antibacterial action.
It is used to treat inflammation of the mouth, skin diseases and fungi.
No less effective this product and for the treatment of respiratory diseases:
- expectorant effect helps effectively fight bronchitis.
- Stevia treatment has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system.
Tea with honey grass tones, invigorates and improves mood.
Due to its ability to enhance cerebral circulation, stevia effectively copes:
- with apathy,
- And, of course, stevia supports the immune system, which contributes to the overall health of the body.
And do you know how to clean the vessels at home? Read about the recommendations and folk ways by clicking on the link.
Folk recipes for the treatment of seborrhea in the home are published at this address.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/krasota/ uhod-za-kozhej / ubrat-volosy.html it is written how to remove the hair from the face with a thread.
Release forms: how to choose
You can buy stevia in any pharmacy. It is available in various forms:
- dried leaves in loose form;
- tea in filter bags;
- dry green powder from leaves;
- white powder;
- tableted sweetener.
You can choose any option. One has only to remember that the natural leaves of the plant are less sweet than the concentrated extract, and have a specific herbaceous taste. He does not like everyone.
When choosing dried leaves, you need to pay attention to their color: properly dried raw material retains a green color.
To get a really useful product, you need to make sure that it does not contain additives. If the package says that fructose or sugar was added to the stevia, it is better to refuse the purchase.
Ways to use
Stevia can be added to any food and drink. She will give them sweetness and a delicate aroma.
Honey grass is great for fruit salads, jams, pastries, soups, cereals, compotes, desserts, milkshakes.
But you need to remember that when an overdose of stevia begins to be bitter, and the dish will be spoiled.
In addition, when the dish is a little bit, the sweetness of stevia will become more saturated. Therefore to add its food should be neatly .
And how to prepare the stevia?
You can put natural leaves in every dish? In this case, there are several universal recipes.
Instead of sugar
If you want to sweeten a dish, then use fresh or dried leaves is not practical.
Therefore, you can prepare a sweet infusion.
It will require:
- 200 g of hot water;
- 20 g of stevia leaves.
Leaves should be put in a deep container, pour boiling water and put on a strong fire. To boil the infusion should 5-6 minutes. Then the broth should be removed from the plate, let it brew for 10-15 minutes and pour into the thermos.
Here, the resulting mass should be 8-10 hours to brew well.
After this, the infusion can be filtered, poured into a bottle and stored in a refrigerator, if necessary adding to the dishes. Shelf life of the product - not more than a week.
Ready infusion can be added to pastries or tea. But coffee with stevia like not everyone .The herbaceous taste of the plant distorts the aroma of the invigorating drink, so the taste is very specific.
For weight loss
For people who want to lose weight, stevia will be an excellent auxiliary.
It dulls the appetite, so half an hour before a meal you need to drink a couple of teaspoons of infusion, prepared according to the above recipe.
If such a rich sweet drink does not have to taste, it can be diluted with tea.
Now sold special tea for weight loss with stevia. It can be bought either in the form of filter bags or in the form of dry leaves.
It is not difficult to prepare it:
- 1 tsp.leaves or 1 filter bag should be poured a glass of boiling water and let it brew for several minutes.
This drink should be consumed twice a day before meals. To make the product even tastier, you can add to it chamomile, black or green tea and dog rose.
Decoctions and infusions
To prepare a drink you will need:
- 2 tsp.dried Stevia leaves;
- 1 liter of hot water.
Leaves should be poured with boiling water, cover the container with a lid and leave for 20 minutes.
Finished tea can be filtered through a sieve, and then drunk during the day to improve metabolic processes.
Since stevia promotes smoothing of wrinkles, strengthening of hair and nails, it is widely used in cosmetology:
- masks from shredded blender herbs make the face skin elastic, elastic and even, narrow pores, eliminate inflammation;
- infusion of stevia can be washed: it dries down inflammation, reduces the fat content of the skin and effectively fights acne;
- water-diluted infusion can be used as a lotion for daily use;
- decoction( tea) from stevia can be frozen and applied as cosmetic ice;
- the same composition is used for hair rinsing.
The only barrier to the use of stevia as a cosmetic product can be an individual intolerance.
WHO experts have recognized stevia as an absolutely harmless product that can be consumed without restrictions.
However, honey herbs have certain properties, because of which such a reckless conclusion can not be unconditionally agreed.
Japanese and Chinese researchers have revealed that some side effects from the use of this product still exist.
- A person may experience an individual intolerance or an allergic reaction.
In this case, the stevia must be excluded from the diet.
To refuse from stevia, is also needed, who is prone to allergies to plants of the Compositae family( chrysanthemum, chamomile, dandelion).
- With diabetes and obesity , it is wise to select the dosage of the product.
Specialists studying the effects of sugar on the body noted that often taste buds cheat the brain.
Feeling sweet, they send a signal that blood sugar has risen.
Such failures will not be of use to a sick person.
- People suffering from hypotension , stevia should be used with caution.
It can reduce the pressure too much.
Despite the fact that the plant contributes to the stabilization of blood pressure, the doctor should develop a regimen for the reception.
- In the presence of hormonal disorders before taking stevia should consult with a specialist.
- With chronic diseases of the digestive system, stevia can not be abused.
- For mental disorders and serious disorders of the nervous system, honey grass is also not recommended.
- With caution, use the product for pregnant and lactating women , as well as for young children.
- If a person's diet includes many fruits and vegetables, and he takes specialized vitamin complexes, then stevia, rich in vitamins, can cause a rare disorder - hypervitaminosis .
It is usually manifested by peeling of the skin and the appearance of itching rash.
If there are such signs, you need to see a doctor.
We offer you to watch the video of the First Channel dedicated to a medicinal plant - stevia.