Cardiac failure is a combination of impairments associated with worsening of cardiac muscle contraction. As a result, there is a lack of nutrients and oxygen, which has a negative impact on all systems and organs of the human body.
Pathology occurs with equal frequency in both men and women.
The disease can lead to serious complications, including death if untimely assistance is given during an attack. Therefore, it is important to turn to a specialist in time when manifesting the first alarming symptoms of the disease.
Only a doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis, choose the right effective treatment to prevent deterioration, give recommendations on ways to get rid of heart failure at home and introduce the rules of first aid in attacks.
- disease Causes of
- Characteristic symptoms
- General recommendations
- Therapeutic diet
- lifestyle adjustment
- Traditional methods
- Broth of hawthorn
- What worsens the patient's condition?
- What to do during an attack?
- Prevention of heart failure
Species of the disease
Depending on the rate of increase in signs, chronic or acute heart failure is indicated:
- Chronic form that occurs with prolonged exposure to the disease and its slow progression.
- Acute form, increasing in a few hours or minutes against a background of pulmonary thromboembolism or acute myocardial infarction.
Causes of development of
The factors leading to the development of heart failure include heart and vascular diseases:
- congenital heart disease;
- arterial hypertension;
- muscle wasting;
- acute myocardial infarction;Atrial fibrillation
- enlargement of the heart cavity;
- myocarditis( inflammation);
- diabetes mellitus;
- alcoholic myocardiopathy;
- ischemic heart disease.
Also, heart failure can occur as a complication of diseases:
- sore throats;
- of diphtheria;
The disease can appear at any time in the form of an acute attack of , the rule of cupping of which every person with cardiac dysfunction and vascular pathology should know.
Chronic heart failure has a long developmental pathway to , usually four stages are distinguished, differing in the severity of the symptoms and different reactions of the patient to physical activity.
Characteristic symptoms of
The main manifestations that can be suspected of a person's heart disease include:
- Edemas .The symptom is manifested with a deficiency of blood supply as a result of excess tissue fluid.
- Shortness of breath .Symptom is provoked by oxygen deficiency. In the early stages of dyspnea occurs with physical stress, in the future - in a calm state and even during sleep.
- Constant weakness and fatigue , which leads to a decrease in efficiency.
- Chronic cough. Tachycardia .The symptom is manifested due to oxygen deficiency, which tries to fill the heart muscle by increasing the contractions, causing a strong palpitation.
- Low pressure. Obesity visceral nature .The symptom is manifested by the formation of fat deposits in the abdomen.
- Ascite , representing the concentration in the abdominal space of excess fluid.
- Cyanosis , which manifests itself in the form of cyanosis and pallor of the skin.
With heart failure , angina can be noted - pain in the sternum of an acute nature.
Completely getting rid of the disease is very difficult, but excluding symptoms that interfere with a person's normal life with complex therapy is quite possible.
Symptoms and effective treatment of sore throat in adults by folk remedies.
How to cure dysbiosis with the help of folk remedies? Read in this article.
General recommendations of
The main goal of therapy for heart failure is to exclude situations that can lead to an attack and improve quality of life.
When the disease should reduce physical exertion, eliminate stressful situations, adjust the diet and daily menu.
Changing diet is one of the important factors in the treatment of the disease.
Basic rules for building a daily menu:
- Reduction of salt to 4 grams per day.
- Proportionality of the energy expenditure of food calorie.
Specialists recommend patients adhere to fractional nutrition 5-6 times a day in small portions of .Excluded evening overeating just before sleep.
It is planned to reduce fluid intake while dieting up to 1.5 liters per day.
From the diet for heart failure , the following foods should be excluded:
- smoked meat;
- strong tea;
- sweets and buns;
- carbonated beverages;
- alcoholic beverages;
- excess red meat;
- fatty dishes.
Tip! For patients, it is important to include in the diet slow carbohydrates, whose representatives are cereal cereals, plant foods, fish and dietary meat.
For severe edema, it is recommended to completely eliminate the addition of salt to food, which contributes to the retention of the body fluid.
In the menu it is desirable to add dishes using products with a high content of potassium:
- dried apricots;
- buckwheat groats;
For replenishment of useful substances in the body, it is recommended to take special vitamin and mineral complexes periodically, which can be purchased at the pharmacy after consulting a doctor.
For patients with heart failure, it is not necessary to completely limit the motor activity. Moderate physical exercises are even beneficial to the patient's body.
For the improvement of blood circulation it is recommended to perform massage procedures .This will help to remove puffiness.
It is useful to walking in the open air daily up to 2 hours per day .The positive effect is resting on nature and observance of the rest and sleep regime.
Among medications for heart failure,
- diuretics - Furosemide, Indapamide, Eplerenone and others;
- angiotensin II receptor antagonists - Eprosartan, Valsartan, Losartan and others;
- ACE inhibitors - Enalapril, Ramipril, Captopril, etc.
Radical method of elimination of congestive chronic heart failure is heart transplantation.
To achieve the maximum positive effect of traditional medicine recipes, you must observe the exact dosage when preparing medicinal products and adhere to the rules of their use and storage.
The herbal remedies for heart failure include:
- herbs with a diuretic effect, especially field horsetail and birch buds;
Broth of hawthorn
For the preparation of a medicinal product it is necessary to take 1 kg of fruits of the plant, rinse and pour 2 liters of water. Infusion should be brought to a boil and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. The mixture should be filtered and mixed with 200 grams and 200 grams of honey. All the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Take 2 tablespoons before meals.
The course of treatment is 1 month. The medicinal mass should be stored in the refrigerator.
4 teaspoons of flowers, carefully crushed, pour 1000 ml of boiling water and insist for 1 hour. The infusion is drunk 3 times a day in the amount of half a cup.
Calendula improves the activity of the heart muscle and slows the rhythm of the heart.
You need to mix yarrow, lemon balm and valerian root in a ratio of 3: 1: 1.Next, pour 500 ml of cold water 1 tablespoon of the healing mixture. Insist collection is recommended for about 3 hours, boil and drain after cooling.
Every day, half the glass of a remedy is taken.
500 grams of pulp of fresh pumpkin should be grated for eating during the day. It is useful to drink 500 ml of pumpkin juice per day.
Folk remedy excellently removes edema.
To prepare a recipe, pour a glass of water of hot temperature into a glass of Kalina fruit. Drink 3 times a day for ½ cup.
What worsens the condition of the patient?
Progression of heart failure may be due to the following factors:
- Excess weight.
- Non-observance of diet and deterioration of nutrition.
- Illiterate treatment.
- The lack of vitamins.
- Excessive physical activity.
- Presence of concomitant diseases - diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, diffuse toxic goiter, COPD, nocturnal apnea.
- Negative environmental effects - high humidity, low or high temperature.
What to do during an attack?
During an attack, a reduction in heart pump activity is observed, which requires immediate medical attention because of the high risk of pulmonary edema and respiratory arrest.
Symptoms of acute heart failure include:
- shortness of breath and developing asthma;
- severe weakness in the body;
- cold sweat;
- sudden pressure drop.
Actions during an attack to relieve the patient's condition:
- The person should be seated on the bed, legs should be lowered down.
- It is necessary to open the window for fresh air.
- It is recommended to place nitroglycerin under the tongue.
- The harnesses are attached to the hip area.
At the onset of an attack, immediately call an ambulance.
Important! When breathing is stopped, indirect cardiac massage and artificial ventilation should be done.
Rapid treatment of sinusitis with folk remedies: the most effective recipes.
Is it possible to warm the nose with sinusitis, or is it prohibited? Learn from this article.
How to quickly cure a child's cough with folk remedies?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lor-zabolevaniya / kashlya-u-detej.html
Prevention of heart failure
To reduce the risk of developing the disease, the following rules and advice are recommended:
- regular exercise in a moderate amount, preferably in the open air;
- control of body weight, exclusion of a set of extra pounds;
- adherence to proper nutrition with sufficient intake of nutrients;
- performing periodic examinations with a cardiologist;
- compliance with work and rest;
- rejection of bad habits and the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle;
- elimination of stressful situations.
Patients with heart failure can live to a very old age, provided that they adhere to the proper dietary intake, avoid overloading, but do not let the heart relax completely.
To maintain the effect of treatment and reduce the risk of an attack, it is recommended to apply prescriptions to folk medicine after consulting a specialist.