Red currant is one of the most useful berries that came to us from Western Europe.
There it was grown as a medicinal plant, as well as later, in Russia.
In our time, people call this berry "porechkoy", and you can meet it with every lover of gardening.
- What helps to cure
- What helps to cure
- Usage in folk medicine
- Prescriptions for infusions
- In cosmetology
- During pregnancy
As a family of gooseberry, red currant is considered resistant to frost and drought, loves adequate lighting and moderate irrigation.
The average yield is about five to eight years.
Under suitable conditions, this period can be increased to twenty years.
Useful properties of
This delicious berry contains many valuable components:
iron, vitamins( A, C, E), potassium, malic and succinic acids, selenium, pectins, oxycoumarin, antioxidants, beta carotene, phosphorus, sodium, foodfibers.
What helps to cure
Berries and red currant leaves have the following effects on the human body:
- is antipyretic;
- is a laxative;
And what do you know about the harm and benefit of sorrel? Read the information on the page hidden under the link.
Read about the useful properties of green basil in this article.
- strengthening immunity;
- stimulates the growth of new cells, slows down the aging process;
- improves the appearance of hair and skin;
- favorably affects blood clotting and acts as a preventive measure against infarction, having a positive effect on the cardiovascular system of the body;
- promotes the excretion of cholesterol from the body, prevents the occurrence of plaques in atherosclerosis;
- prevents the appearance of edema and bags under the eyes by removing unnecessary liquid from the body;
- increases appetite;
- helps fight nausea.
Application in folk medicine
A hundred grams of red currant contains 39 kcal. Nutritional value of the berries are carbohydrates( 11 g), fats( 0.2 g) and proteins( about, 6 g).
You can use them fresh, in the form of juice and infusion.
Fresh berries are able to increase appetite and digestibility of nutrients, to normalize digestion.
Thanks to the abundance of vitamins and low caloric content, currant must become a mandatory product for those who want to lose weight without harm to health.
Currant juice is known as a miracle drink that can not only quench your thirst, but also strengthen the body in case of overwork, exhaustion, anemia.
In addition, it is able to stop nausea and vomiting, reduce temperature, remove inflammation.
Currant infusion is recommended for people prone to constipation. Infusion is made from fruits and leaves.
Do you know about the medicinal properties and contraindications of black elderberry? The recommendations of traditional medicine for its use are described in a useful article.
How to perform yoga gymnastics for slimming legs and thighs is written here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/ produkty-pitaniya / anis.html is written about the properties of the fruits of anise.
Recipes of infusions
Infusion of berries : three tablespoons of berries to scald a glass of boiled water, stand for four hours, drain.
Infusion from the leaves of : pour the currant leaves with a glass of water, warm in a water bath for fifteen minutes.
Infusion take a quarter of a glass for half an hour before meals, three times a day.
No less useful is the use of red currants in the form of jam, sorbet, compote, tea, mors.
How to save
To preserve the vitamin properties, the berries should be frozen rather than stored for a long time in the refrigerator.
The correct freeze consists of several stages:
- laying a thin layer on a flat surface,
- packaging in bags or storage containers.
In addition, berries use in cosmetology as an ingredient of home face masks with:
- rejuvenating action.
To get a refreshing mask that smooths the tone of the face, you should:
- a tablespoon of crushed currant berries mixed with two tablespoons of yogurt,
- spread the mixture face and wash it off, after twenty minutes.
Red currant is a deposit of most vitamins and microelements necessary for the future mummy:
- serves as the prevention of anemia and hypoxia;
- prevents the appearance of edema in late pregnancy;
- is a safe and effective remedy for constipation;
- helps eliminate toxemia in early pregnancy;
- acts as an effective alternative to medicines for colds and tonsillitis in pregnant women.
However, before consuming currants for medicinal purposes, the future mother should consult with a doctor to determine possible contraindications.
Despite the huge utility of red currant for the body, there are diseases in which the use of berries is strictly prohibited :
- peptic ulcer disease;
- low blood coagulability.
As for the allergic reactions to the red currant, the degree of their occurrence is quite low, but still exists.
We offer you to watch a useful video.which tells about the medicinal properties of red currants.