Rhinitis is one of the first symptoms that indicate the appearance of an inflammatory process in the child's body. At first glance, it is not a serious manifestation, but, nevertheless, it gives a lot of trouble for children and their parents. Therefore, proper treatment of the common cold in children will help quickly and effectively cope with this ailment. Moreover, an incorrect effect or ignoring the common cold can lead to serious consequences in the future.
- Causes of a cold in a child
- Proper treatment of the common cold in children
- How to quickly cure a common cold in children
- Benefits of using a nebulizer
- Runny nose in children under one year old
- Treatment of a cold in children according to Komarovsky
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Onion and honey
- Buryak and carrots
- Aloe vera
- Garlic and onions
How to treat clear sores in a child: causes and prevention Coryza - psychosomatic causes and methods of elimination The causes of the appearance of green snot in an adult Why appear in an adult brown snot from the nose - treatment Runny nose does not take 2 weeks for an adult - treatment
Causes of a cold in a child
The main reason for the inflammatory process of the nasal mucosa in children is reduced immunity. The immature organism becomes vulnerable to external stimuli and can not withstand pathogenic microbes. Therefore, rhinitis in a child can develop in such situations:
- sharp changes in air temperature, most often in the autumn-winter period;
- disease-causing viruses and bacteria that are easily transmitted by airborne or by household means;
- allergic reactions;
- dry air in the room dries the mucous membrane of the nose, which leads to the formation of rhinitis.
Important to remember!In order to begin effective treatment, it is required to establish the cause of the rhinitis!
Proper treatment of the common cold in children
In order to rid the child of rhinitis, the correct effect on the disease is required. This will help the complex conduct of the following procedures:
- Maintenance of humidity of air. Very often in the heating period, the heating devices dry the air, which adversely affects the nasal mucosa. Especially it concerns children. For moistening it is better to purchase a special device that effectively copes with this function.
- Remove the accumulated mucus from the nose. This is especially true for kids who have not learned how to blow themselves up. To do this, you need to buy a special suction device, which is sold in any pharmacy.
- Effects on rhinitis medications. Despite the fact that the common cold is one of the symptoms of a certain disease, it is required not only to eliminate it, but also to treat it. This will help the nasal drops on a plant basis. They are not addictive and delicately affect the nasal mucosa.
- Timely remove adenoids. Most often they become the cause of rhinitis in the child and contribute to its regular appearance.
- Reception of antihistamines. It is required to use these medications in a cold that is caused by an allergen.
Important to remember!You should not treat a runny nose in a child, choosing the means of influence yourself! Any experienced specialist will help you choose the most effective medicines in each individual case.
How to quickly cure a common cold in children
In order to treat the child from the formation of rhinitis, complex therapy should be performed. Use of medical drops is required to supplement the effect of the nebulizer. It is a modern device with which you can do inhalations. In addition to the common cold, it also coughs effectively. Therefore, when there is a cold, it is simply irreplaceable. After all, recovery at a cold happens much faster.
The most effective recipes for using a nebulizer are:
- Rhinitis caused by pathogenic viruses, such as staphylococci or streptococci, uses the drug Chlorfillipt.
- As for the acute infectious form of rhinitis, it is better to use a solution of furacilin. It is sold in the form of tablets, and in the form of a ready-made solution.
- Runny nose, which was formed as a result of bacteria, should be treated with Interferon.
- Any inflammation of the nasal mucosa can be eliminated with the help of a homeopathic remedy - Tonzilgo. It contains in its composition extracts from a variety of medicinal plants, which has a beneficial effect on the child's body.
- Inflammatory processes can be treated with alcohol tinctures of propolis or calendula.
Important to remember!All medicines that are used for nebulizer are required to be diluted with saline solution! A correct dosage should be prescribed by a specialist.
Benefits of using a nebulizer
This unit should be purchased for use by the whole family. After all, he effectively copes with the symptoms of colds, both in children and adults. This is especially true for the common cold and cough. The main advantages of a nebulizer are:
- nebulizer can be used even by children under one year;
- use of the device at home;
- ease of use;
- The delicate effect of the nebulizer does not injure the nasal mucosa.
It is important to know!Nebulizer is useful not only for the treatment of the common cold, but also for the prevention of colds.
Runny nose in children under one year old
As for the appearance of this disease in very young children, it should be treated immediately. Since there are many contraindications to the use of certain methods, you should consult a pediatrician who will prescribe the most effective treatment in each individual case.
To begin with, the baby should be provided with free breathing. After all, babies can not blow their own nose. It also requires moistening the nasal mucosa with special drops. And, of course, direct treatment with medicines in the form of drops. Medicines should be chosen according to age.
Important to remember!Do not use cotton buds for children under one year! They can damage the excessively delicate mucous membrane of the baby's nose.
Treatment of a cold in children according to Komarovsky
Known among modern parents pediatrician Komarovsky recommends this effect on the child with a cold:
- regularly humidify the air in the room where the child is;
- the nasal mucosa is treated with saline every 3 hours;
- The most effective medicinal preparation for treatment of a rhinitis the doctor considers Ekteritsid which quickly removes or takes out inflammatory process;
- Nasal sinuses regularly lubricate with vitaminized oil;
- refuse vasoconstrictive drugs, especially at the initial stage of the disease. This is due to the fact that such tools are addictive.
When an allergic rhinitis is required to immediately eliminate the child from contact with the allergen.
Treatment with folk remedies
Alternative medicine offers a variety of recipes for the treatment of rhinitis in children. The main advantage is the natural basis of the prepared medicines.
Onion and honey
To prepare the medicine, you need to grind 1 small onion to the state of mashed potatoes, add 50 ml of warm, purified water. Infuse 1 hour, strain. Add 0.5 h. l. liquid honey, mix thoroughly. Ready mixture to use as drops in the nose 5 times a day.
Buryak and carrots
To prepare this medicine, you need to squeeze the juice of the boar and carrots in equal proportions. Add 0.5 h. l. sea buckthorn oil, as well as garlic juice. The prepared solution is diluted with a small amount of purified water and dripped nose 3 times a day into each nostril.
In order to prepare an effective remedy, you need to cut a small leaf of aloe vera, rinse thoroughly and squeeze out the juice. Combine with warm, purified water in a 1:10 ratio. The prepared preparation should be used up to 5 times a day as drops in the nose.
Garlic and onions
You should take freshly squeezed juice of garlic and onions in equal proportions. Mix with purified water in the proportion 1:15. The received means to drip a nose 3 times a day up to full disappearance of an indisposition.
You should take 1 sheet of Kalanchoe, crush it to the state of gruel with a blender or meat grinder. Marley to squeeze the juice of the plant, add warm, purified water in the proportion of 1:10. Blow the nose to the child with the prepared medicine 3 times a day.
Also, when treating at home, it is useful to make hot foot baths. But this procedure is suitable only if the child has not increased body temperature.
Use of any means of alternative medicine should be agreed with a specialist. He will help to choose the most effective and safe prescription, and also recommend the optimal dosage of such a medicine.