As a result of clogging of arteries feeding the brain, there is an acute disruption of blood circulation in the brain cells. This process is called a stroke. The consequences of attacks of circulatory disorders are very sad. A large percentage of people who have had a stroke die or remain disabled for the rest of their lives. When you know the first signs of a stroke in men, there is an opportunity to help quickly.
- Symptoms and signs of occurrence
- Signs of a stroke in men with alcoholism
- First aid
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Coniferous broth and lemon
- Ointment on the basis of bay leaf
- Peony root
- Grass of Sage
We treat the paralysis of the right side of the stroke with effective methods How to provide proper first aid for stroke Find out the signs of a stroke in a woman Treat paralysis of the left side after a stroke at home All about the symptoms and treatment of ischemic stroke
Symptoms and signs of occurrence
It is believed that the factors that increase the risk of stroke are:
- insulin dependence;
- excess weight;
- bad habits (alcohol, tobacco);
- heart disease;
- high blood pressure.
Stroke is a common disease among the strong half of humanity. According to statistics, it is the stroke that ranks 4th among the causes of death among men. If you are attentive to your health, it is not difficult to see the signs preceding the stroke. These include:
- headaches and pains in the heart;
- memory impairment;
- fatigue, irritability;
Having discovered these symptoms in yourself or your loved ones, you need to undergo an examination in the hospital. Early diagnosis will prevent a stroke.
Unfortunately, many men do not pay attention to such symptoms as headache, chronic fatigue. Due to the busy pace of life, there is not always time to visit a doctor. Due to these and other circumstances, a stroke occurs.
The first signs of a stroke in men:
- blurred vision or total loss;
- rapid or slow breathing, shortness of breath;
- the pressure drops;
- involuntary urination;
- cramps, numbness of the extremities.
Also, the symptoms include severe headache, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
Important!If you provide medical care within 3 hours, it greatly increases the chances of avoiding complications such as paralysis and death.
Signs of a stroke in men with alcoholism
Doctors have proved that alcohol can provoke a stroke. The use of alcoholic beverages is one of the first places among the factors leading to a stroke.
Signs of cerebral stroke in men against alcoholism are similar to common signs. These include:
- an attack of headache;
- difficulty in speaking;
- violation of coordination of movements;
- violation of facial expressions;
- impaired brain activity;
- sweating and redness of the face;
- impaired hearing and vision.
Remember!You can not self-treat a patient, give him drugs, try to bring him to the senses with the help of ammonia or cotton in the face. These actions can aggravate a person's condition.
In addition to the concept of stroke, there is a kind of micro-insult. Many men are unaware of the transfer of a micro stroke. The symptoms of stroke and micro stroke in men differ in degree of severity. Microinsult is the defeat of small capillaries of the brain, accompanied by such symptoms:
- acute or moderate headache;
- feeling of weakness, drowsiness;
- pain in the chest;
- violation of the rhythm of breathing and palpitation.
According to statistics among men, stroke occurs more often than among women. In addition, men are more likely to develop complications, paralysis and death.
Among the reasons are the following factors:
- Diseases of the heart muscle (hypertension, atherosclerosis, dystonia).
- Increased blood clotting. Can develop against a background of long-term use of hormonal drugs. As a consequence, the tendency to thrombosis.
- Intoxication of the body with narcotic substances.
- Defective food.
Also, the causes of stroke include high blood pressure, heredity and congenital malformations of the brain vessels.
There are 2 types of stroke, ischemic and hemorrhagic. Let us examine in more detail what these concepts mean.
- Ischemic stroke is a process of narrowing the blood vessels of the brain, which leads to a violation of blood flow and a decrease in the enrichment of brain cells with oxygen. As a result, neurons of the brain die, provoking severe consequences in the form of paralysis and death of the patient.
- Hemorrhagic stroke is a cerebral hemorrhage due to the rupture of sick vessels.
Ischemic stroke is more common among men and occurs in 80% of cases. Hemorrhagic, happens less often, but much more dangerous for life.
Important!Also in medicine, there is a left-sided and right-sided stroke. With the left side, the organs on the right are affected, with the right side, on the contrary, on the left.
If you suspect a stroke, it is important to know what to do and what not to do. Recognize the stroke at home can be with a simple test. Ask the person to smile, if one side of the face remains motionless, this indicates the onset of a stroke. You can ask the patient to raise his arms outstretched, when he attacks, he can not do it. Also, a person with a stroke will find it hard to repeat any phrase after you.
The first thing you need to do is call an ambulance. Provide the patient a horizontal position, free the neck from clothing. Do not attempt to water or feed a sick person, this can not be done. Do not give painkillers and other medications. You can easily massage numb limbs. Do not panic, act calmly before the arrival of the medical team.
Remember!Human life depends on your actions and reaction speed.
When entering the hospital, the patient is identified in the intensive care unit or ward of complex therapy, depending on the severity of the condition. Among the treatment measures are the following:
- Diagnosis of the state of the brain vessels with the help of medical equipment.
- The introduction of drugs that can remove the swelling of the brain, they include mannitol.
- The introduction of drugs that restore brain cells, include encephabol, pyracetam.
- To treat hypoxia of the brain, use mexidol.
- Assign a complex of vitamins and antidepressants. This is a phytosan, fevarin, life 900.
The medical staff monitors the patient's hygiene, nutrition. There are a number of complexes designed to avoid bedsores.
Treatment with folk remedies
Treatment with folk remedies includes both the prevention of stroke and the recovery of health after them. Traditional medicine offers the following recipes.
Coniferous broth and lemon
Decoction of needles is prepared as follows.
- Add 2 tablespoons to a liter of boiling water. l. chopped pine needles, bring to a boil and keep on low heat for 20 minutes.
- After the broth, cool and strain. Add half a finely chopped lemon to a glass of broth.
- Allow to stand 3-4 hours. Give the patient a tablespoon three times a day.
Ointment on the basis of bay leaf
To treat paralysis use ointment from laurel leaves. To do this, the leaves are isotrate into powder, this can be done with a mortar, a coffee grinder. A tablespoon of powder is poured with boiling olive oil in a ratio of 1: 2. After that, the ointment should be infused for 6 hours. Rub into sore spots 2 times a day.
The root of the flower is washed, dried and finely chopped. One tablespoon of the plant is filled with a glass of vodka or alcohol. After this, send the medication to insist in a dark cool place for 6-7 days. Eat for 1 hour. l. several times a day after meals.
Grass of Sage
It is believed that sage can positively affect the nerve endings of the brain. To do this, a tablespoon of herbs are poured with a liter of boiling water, leave to stand for 5-6 hours. Take instead of tea. You can add sugar or honey.
Important!Treatment with folk remedies can be dangerous to your health. Be sure to coordinate the prescribed recipes with your doctor.
The consequences of stroke in men are as follows:
- complete or partial paralysis;
- deterioration of memory, hearing, vision or their complete loss;
- violation of coordination in space;
- epileptic seizures.
The question of how to avoid a stroke in men is very relevant. Unfortunately, there is no clear question. You can only reduce the risk of an attack by following the following preventive measures:
- give up bad habits. Alcohol and cigarettes can cause diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- eat well and balanced. Eliminate from food a large amount of fatty, roasted, sour, spicy, smoked;
- use a sufficient amount of clean water. Juices and green tea are useful;
- Walk more often outdoors, go in for sports.
Do not forget that the nerves and stresses are not the last cause of a stroke. Try to easily treat life's problems. Take care of your health and the health of people close to you.