The foot fungus is an extremely unpleasant disease, which brings a lot of unpleasant sensations and, in neglected form, leads to complications in the form of a bacterial infection. According to statistics, more than 50% of people with this disease prefer not to contact dermatologists, but treat the fungus themselves.
- Symptoms of the disease
- Dyshidrotic form of fungus
- Intertriginous form of fungus
- Shoe Processing
- Popular means of treating foot fungus at home
- Detailed recipes for the treatment of foot fungus
- Tea tree oil
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ashes of the white willow
- Laundry soap
- Salicylic ointment
- Sour cream
- Resin of wild apricot
- Baking soda
- Treatment of foot fungus with vinegar
- Application of boric acid
- Treatment during pregnancy
How to choose inexpensive and effective drugs from nail fungus We treat quickly and effectively nail fungus in the hands Effectively treat the neglected shape of the fungus on the nails Which doctor prescribes treatment for nail fungus? How to cure nail fungus on the legs at home with iodine and not only
Symptoms of the disease
This kind of fungus is more common in elderly people, as well as in people with weakened immunity. On the foot there are inflamed patches with a peeling surface. This causes discomfort and itching. The skin is flaky and inflamed.
Important! Infection with foot fungus occurs in places where you can walk without shoes (swimming pools, beaches, saunas), as well as when wearing the shoes of another person infected with a fungus.
If you have symptoms, you need to see a dermatologist. He will determine the etiology of the fungus and prescribe treatment. In the pharmacy you can buy antifungal drugs miconazole, lamizil, clotrimazole, tinakitin. These remedies are applied to the damaged skin according to the attached instructions. If the disease proceeds in severe form, then drugs in the form of tablets are additionally prescribed.
After the treatment, it should be remembered that this disease can appear again. If it is not treated, then it threatens the emergence of an advanced form of fungus and the transition to nails.
Dyshidrotic form of fungus
In this form of fungus on the skin of the foot there are small blisters filled with liquid. After the appearance in their place, ulcers are formed and, at the same time, other infections can be attached.
Treatment is prescribed by a doctor. Usually it dissects the blister, and after the contents have disappeared, the surface lubricates the diamond green. Then an antifungal ointment with an active ingredient terbinafine is applied. In acute or neglected course of the disease, antibiotics and antihistamines are prescribed.
If a viral infection joins, it is recommended that in addition to treatment with drugs take baths with the addition of potassium permanganate, and also ointment Clotrimazole. To strengthen immunity, the doctor prescribes a course of taking the vitamin complex.
Intertriginous form of fungus
With this form of the fungus, the symptoms resemble the diaper rash of the skin. To recognize the presence of fungal disease with this form is possible with a microscopic examination of flakes.
Treatment is usually assigned to a complex. It consists of the use of both local drugs and systemic ones. At the same time, background diseases (immunodeficiency, varicose veins, metabolic disorders) are treated.
- To remove wetting erosions, baths with the addition of potassium permanganate are used. After peeling off the upper layers of the skin above the problem site, they are removed.
- At the next stage, antifungal ointments containing corticosteroids are applied. If the disease is joined by a pyocobic infection, antibacterial agents are used.
- In severe cases, intramuscular injections of Diprospan are prescribed. Usually 1-2 injections are enough.
- The main treatment is carried out with means destroying fungal infection, preparations in the form of creams and ointments. Econazole, Terbinafine, Clotrimazole.
As systemic drugs are used Itraconazole, Terbinafine, Flucanazole, etc.
Infected with a fungus, do not throw out all the shoes available. To prevent disease, as well as to prevent the repeated infection of foot fungus shoes should be treated in a special way.
- You can use folk remedies. For example, acetic essence. To do this, cotton wool soaked in acid, put in shoes (closer to the nose). Leave it there for the night. To the effect of vinegar was intense, put the shoes in a plastic bag and tightly tie. In the morning remove the cotton wool, and dry the shoes.
- Excellent modern tool Mikostop. The drug has no odor. It is sprayed into the shoes in the form of an aerosol for the night. In the morning you can wear shoes without fear of infection with a fungus.
Despite the fact that folk remedies and home recipes are not the best option, the foot fungus can be treated in such ways and combined with the treatment prescribed by the doctors.
Attention!It should be remembered that in some cases, self-medication can only worsen the situation, so these prescriptions should be used with caution and after consulting with an experienced doctor.
Popular means of treating foot fungus at home
Treatment of fungus at home does not involve the use of expensive or exotic ingredients: most of them are easy to acquire. One of these simple and effective recipes is lotions based on eggs and vinegar. These ingredients are dissolved in equal proportions in water and applied daily, for two to three weeks or until complete recovery.
Another popular kind of lotion is made on the basis of alcohol. Half a cup of water is added 30 grams of 90% alcohol, then two or three cloves of garlic are squeezed into the glass.
Also effective tools include:
- coffee-based lotions;
- baths based on milkweed;
- treatment with iodine, in which the affected areas are lubricated. The method is effective only at the initial stages of the disease;
- also to the centers of defeat it is possible to put a tea mushroom.
Get rid of the fungus can be using means, even sometimes quite unexpected.
Such means include preparations:
- from the first aid kit (iodine, manganese, propolis);
- from the refrigerator (onion, garlic, acetic essence, apple and wine vinegar, food soda),
- medicinal herbs (celandine, burdock root, calendula, yarrow).
Also helps to cope with the fungus regular washing powder. To do this, make a bath with the addition of 100 g of powder. After two weeks of application, the fungus disappears.
Unexpected means for fighting this disease glue BF. Affected areas are lubricated by it for 10 days.
In any case, such home recipes do not involve the use of various chemicals and medications (although there are ways that allow the addition of certain types of medications and tablets). Also, most methods are good in that they can be combined, and this significantly increases the chances of a successful outcome of treatment.
Detailed recipes for the treatment of foot fungus
Among a large number of folk recipes are found both effective and useless methods. Below are the popular ways of treating the foot fungus, which have proved themselves among the population and proved to be the most effective.
Attention!When using these prescriptions, it is necessary to take into account that they all help only in the initial and middle stages of the disease: in advanced and severe cases, specialist intervention is necessary.
Tea tree oil
This is one of the safest folk remedies. On three parts of the aloe gel you need to take the same amount of tea tree oil, the resulting mixture is rubbed into the affected areas. The course of treatment should be continued for two months, the remedy is rubbed daily in the morning and evening.
This remedy does not relieve the fungus, but it will help prevent its spread, as well as the ingress of other pathogenic microorganisms into the skin. When using, remember that in large quantities, peroxide can cause burns to the skin. Therefore, it is necessary to apply with caution.
It is enough to make daily baths with the addition of hydrogen peroxide (10 drops per 1 liter of oxen). Legs should be lowered into water for 10 minutes. Hydrogen peroxide should be used three percent.
Ashes of the white willow
This is a fairly simple way:
- one tablespoon of ash is stirred in one liter of water;
- the resulting solution is rubbed into the feet.
After a while the solution dries, the field of which is not recommended to wash your feet.
Important!After the final drying, the feet are treated with iodine or zelenka.
This method is good because it is suitable for both adults and children, but the course of treatment lasts long enough - up to six months.
This is an ancient Russian way of treating foot fungus at home:
- It is necessary to put a kettle of water on the fire and add a tablespoon of makhorka to it at the time of boiling.
- The solution is boiled for two minutes, stirring it.
- After cooling the solution, pour it into the basin and lower the legs into it.
Attention!It is advisable to carry out the procedure before bed, since it takes a long time, and the legs after taking such trays should dry naturally.
Of course, getting tobacco today can be problematic. In this case, you can use smoking tobacco, but it is quite expensive, so this method may not be suitable for everyone.
This is also an old folk way, which is accessible to everyone. This method must be performed in the following sequence:
- The foot is cleansed of dead skin.
- Legs are steamed in a bath or in a basin with hot water.
- The feet are soaped with laundry soap and rubbed with a hard brush for five minutes.
- After this, the feet should be rinsed.
The procedure is repeated five times, after which the feet must be wiped dry and lubricated with a moisturizer.
Affected areas are lubricated with 35% salicylic ointment and wrapped in polyethylene, then put on socks. The procedure is done at night: you can remove polyethylene in the morning. To achieve effects, one week of using such evening compresses is sufficient.
This recipe is especially suitable for children, as baby feet are easier to treat, and sour cream is a soft and not the most effective remedy. Legs before going to bed should be smeared with sour cream, wrapped with cellophane, and topped with socks.
Resin of wild apricot
The key moment in this recipe is the use of wild apricot, as it contains active substances in high concentration. The method is as follows:
- A spoonful of apricot resin collected from a tree trunk dissolves in two hundred grams of vodka;
- after three days, the solution is thoroughly mixed;
- the finished mixture is applied to the feet for 15 minutes, after which it is washed off.
To achieve the effect, a month-long course of treatment is sufficient.
This recipe is most popular, as it is one of the most affordable.
- One tablespoon dissolves in a glass of water, the resulting mixture is carefully applied to the foot affected by the fungus.
- In the water, you need to add just as much soda to make a paste-like thick substance.
- After the paste has dried (usually this occurs within ten minutes), it is washed off.
Attention!After the end of the procedure, it is recommended to treat the feet with powder, in the absence of it, you can use food starch.
Treatment of foot fungus with vinegar
This method is as simple as possible, but its effectiveness has been proved by many generations of people:
- Wash feet thoroughly, steam out and remove dead skin.
- Vinegar, apple or wine, dilute with water equally.
- The received liquid to pour in a basin and to lower in it legs for 10-15 minutes.
Attention!In the presence of ulcers and erosions, dilute vinegar with plenty of water so as not to aggravate the situation.
Application of boric acid
Legs well steam out, remove dirt and dead skin. Then carefully dry. Powdered boric acid sprinkled his feet, not forgetting the space between his fingers, and put on clean socks. This method should be used before bedtime.
Finally we give a proven army method, which is fairly simple and effective, but its application is not always possible. The fact is that you will need... two cartridges for this. If you want to get them in the army is not so difficult. A bullet is removed from the cartridge, the powder is poured out on a flat surface by a "path" and ignited. When the powder burns, ash is formed, which must be collected and rubbed into the feet. You can do the procedure not only at night, but also in the morning, while you can immediately put on your feet footwear and shoes: this does not affect the effectiveness.
Obviously, this method is very specific, and the soldier in the barracks does not always have the opportunity to obtain the necessary amount of ammunition (and the procedure must be repeated every other day for three weeks). But the method was actively used during the Second World War, and now it is a popular and sometimes the only method in the field, for example - during lengthy exercises at the training grounds.
Treatment during pregnancy
The foot fungus can first appear between the toes and on the nails, and then move to the foot. Redness of the foot and exfoliation of the scales is the most common sign of this disease.
Important!Do not take risks and engage in self-medication during pregnancy. Be sure to consult a doctor. He will prescribe treatment, with minimal impact on the child.
Since many of the agents from fungal diseases are toxic, it is better to apply external treatment with minimal side effects.
For example, a German firm developed an antifungal drug Beefon. It is available as a lotion for external use. The active substance does not enter the circulatory system when it is used, therefore it is considered safe for pregnant women.
Along with external drugs, pregnant women can be prescribed a complex of vitamins to strengthen the immune system (ascorbic acid, retinol, B vitamins, etc.).
The foot fungus that appears should be treated in a timely manner, but if this moment is missed, the process of getting rid of it can be prolonged for a long time.
If there is a thick layer of keratinized skin, when applying external means to the skin of the foot, it must be scraped off. In parallel with this type of treatment, preparations for taking in the form of tablets are prescribed.
- Lamisil in tablets is taken up to six weeks, depending on the severity of the disease. This term should be determined by the doctor.
- The drug Intrkakonazol is available in the form of capsules. It is taken once a day. The course of treatment is about three months. Sometimes the reception can be re-appointed after some break.
The foot fungus often seizes the area between the toes. Therefore, treatment is carried out simultaneously for all these zones. If treatment is undertaken at an early stage, then local therapy is sufficient. This is the use of ointments, solutions, sprays, varnishes.
- The drugs used to treat the fungus - ketoconazole, Lamizil and others.
- When the disease in the advanced stage, preparations are given form of tablets (Orungal, Nizoral, etc.)
Treatment takes a long time, so that there is no relapse and should be conducted under the supervision of a doctor.
To simplify the process of treatment from the foot fungus, a tool is produced that is applied once. This is the drug Lamizil Uno. It will help cure the fungus in one application. It is made in the form of a solution. The whole sole of the foot, and also its lateral surfaces, are smeared with it.
The high concentration of the active substance allows intensive treatment of the fungus. After application of the preparation on the skin a thin film is formed, which ensures the action of the preparation for a long time. After applying the product, the feet can not be washed for 24 hours.