All parents worry about the health of their child. One of the unpleasant diseases of the respiratory system is obstructive bronchitis in children. Its treatment should strictly comply with the recommendations of the attending physician. In the course of the disease, the bronchial narrowing occurs. It becomes difficult for a baby to exhale. Usually such a diagnosis occurs in young children.
- Symptoms of obstructive bronchitis in a child
- Types of disease
- How to treat at home
- Observance of a special regime
- Proper nutrition
- Creating certain conditions in the apartment
- Massage and gymnastics
- Treatment with folk remedies
Symptoms of obstructive bronchitis in adults and its treatment Is it possible to walk outdoors with bronchitis? Choosing drugs for bronchitis in adults How the smoker's bronchitis manifests - symptoms and treatment Inhalations for the treatment of bronchitis in the home
Symptoms of obstructive bronchitis in a child
The disease has a number of specific signs. This helps the pediatrician to quickly establish a diagnosis and begin treatment. Obstructive bronchitis is a spasm of the bronchi that appears against the background of a viral infection or allergy and progresses. This breaks the bronchial patency. The general condition of the small patient deteriorates. Delay with treatment or inaction will quickly lead to serious consequences.
Parents should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- Sudden deterioration of the child's condition at night. Especially if he played actively in the daytime and in the evening.
- The appearance of unreasonable anxiety. In infants and children up to a year, this is expressed in constant crying, in children over 1 year old - insomnia. Children can tremble a lot in a dream.
- Breathing acquires a bubbling character. Parents sometimes compare this symptom with the sounds of the accordion.
- There are wheezing. They are heard from a distance, they attract attention. With auscultation, the doctor listens to wet, small bubbling rales.
- When bronhoobstruktsii the child is hard to breathe out. There is a constant shortness of breath.
- There is a cough and sputum begins to depart.
Important! With the progression of the disease, children develop respiratory failure, which is accompanied by tachycardia! Skin covers can acquire a bluish tinge.
The clinical picture with obstructive bronchitis is quite bright. This will help to quickly contact a specialist. The earlier the correct diagnosis is established and the treatment is started, the less the risk of complications.
Types of disease
According to ICD-10 bronchitis is divided into the following types:
If the disease is accompanied by a narrowing of the airways, bronchitis is called obstructive. The defeat of small branches, bronchioles is bronchiolitis. It occurs in children up to a year.
Each type differs in its current, as well as in its degree of severity and the causes of its appearance. Before you begin to treat the disease, parents must always consult a doctor.
Bronchitis with obstruction can be of several degrees of severity. Among them:
In addition, distinguish the types of bronchitis downstream. These include:
- acute obstructive;
- chronic obstructive.
Repeated and frequent bronchitis in the child appears and in the event that food enters the respiratory tract. This form of the disease is difficult to treat.
Based on the data of the examination and the results of the tests, the doctor develops the optimal treatment regimen, taking into account the type of bronchitis, age and individual characteristics of the child.
With frequent obstructive bronchitis in a child, parents should know what to do. The leading cause of the disease is pathogenic microorganisms. The provoking factors are reduced immunity, contact with a sick person, a tendency to allergic reactions.
The main reasons for the development of acute and recurrent obstructive bronchitis are:
- Getting into the body of viral infections. Against this background, diseases such as angina, influenza, tonsillitis begin to develop. With bronchial involvement, bronchitis occurs.
- Presence of bacterial infection. The cause of the disease can become staphylococci, streptococci, Klebsiella, Proteus, pneumococci, hemophilic rods.
- The presence of a foreign body. Children often pull small objects into their mouths. In addition, the remains of food that get into the respiratory tract can also cause the disease.
- Allergic reactions. To date, many children suffer from various types of allergies. The child first develops ordinary bronchitis, after which he develops into an allergic obstructive form.
- Incorrectly formed respiratory system during pregnancy, resulting in the development of various pathologies.
- An infection that enters the body through parasites or insect bites.
Important! Living conditions can also negatively affect the health of the child! If there are industrial facilities near the house, roads or highways with a large number of cars, petrol stations, this can all lead to the development of obstructive bronchitis. Symptoms of the disease also begin to manifest in children whose parents smoke.
How to treat at home
Treatment for Komarovsky is based on the creation of special conditions at home to reduce symptoms and help the child recover. It includes the following principles.
Observance of a special regime
If a small patient has a high fever, parents should take care to ensure that he complies with bed rest. With moderate bronchitis, moderate physical activity is allowed.
It is necessary to go out into the fresh air. Walking can last from 1 to 1.5 hours. The child must be dressed in the weather. It is better to refrain from walking in a strong frost or wind.
Important! You should not walk near the motorways or on the playground with other children. Exhaust gases and active games can provoke an aggravation!
First of all, you need to offer the child an abundant drink. This will help reduce intoxication, as well as lead to liquefaction of sputum. As a drink it is useful to give compotes, fruit drinks, decoctions, freshly squeezed juices, mineral water and loose tea. To support a small organism, the food should be easily assimilated, enriched with vitamins and nutrients. These can be soups or various vegetable and fruit purees.
Diet in obstructive bronchitis involves the exclusion from the children's diet of all foods that can trigger the appearance of an allergic reaction.
Creating certain conditions in the apartment
Every day, it is necessary to ventilate the room in which a small patient lives. Do not allow too dry air in the room. To humidify it, it is recommended to use a spray or place a container with water near the crib. When cleaning the apartment at this time it is better not to use household chemicals with the content of chlorine and other chemicals. This will exacerbate the consequences of the disease and cause a relapse.
Famous pediatrician Komarovsky strongly recommends excluding from the life of the baby passive smoking. Parents can not smoke in the apartment where the sick child is.
Diagnosis and treatment is carried out only by qualified specialists. It is strictly forbidden to use any medicinal products at its discretion, as this can lead to the development of serious consequences for the health of the baby. As a therapy, the doctor prescribes several types of medications.
- Antibiotics and antiviral agents. For very young children, these are Genferon candles, Orvire syrup or Grippferon drops. At the age of over three years, you can prescribe drugs in tablets - for example, Arbidol or Kagocel.
- Medicinal preparations for cough. They help dilution and proper sputum discharge. Children are usually prescribed Ambroxol, Ambrobe, Lazolvan, Bronhobos, Mukosol, Fljuditeka. Ambroxol is considered one of the most effective, with it you can do inhalation. The course is from 7 to 10 days. They also use herbal medicines - Bronchosan, Bronchicum, Gedelix, Herbion, Bronchipret, Tussin, Doctor Mom, Prospan, Dr. Theiss.
- Medications that help get rid of obstruction. Very often, such drugs are prescribed in the form of inhalations through a nebulizer. Berodyal is recommended for very young children. It is diluted with saline and used 2-3 times a day in the form of inhalation. In addition, Ascoril, Salmeterol, Clenbuterol can be prescribed. For older children, aerosol inhalers are used as a treatment - for example, Berodual or Salbutamol, as well as drugs Theopack and Euphyllin.
- Medications that will help to quickly cope with allergies. For babies over six months, the use of Claritin and Zirtek is recommended.
- Medications with hormones in the composition. They are prescribed only in the case of a severe course of the disease in order to relieve bronchial obstruction and reduce inflammation. The most common and effective medicine in this case is Pulmicort.
Antibiotics do not always apply from the first day of the disease. Usually for this there should be the following prerequisites:
- high temperature for longer than 3 days;
- suppurative inflammation in the body;
- sputum acquired a yellow or yellow-green color;
- Suspicion that the disease can develop into pneumonia.
The pediatrician looks at the general dynamics of the disease and, if necessary, prescribes the antibiotics Makropen, Augmentin, Cefazolin, Sumamed.
A pediatrician may recommend taking other medications, such as antipyretics or vitamin complexes. The duration of treatment depends on compliance with the prescription of the doctor and the characteristics of the disease.
Massage and gymnastics
Treatment of obstructive bronchitis is impossible without drug therapy, massage and special breathing exercises effectively supplement it. Before you proceed to the selected procedure, you need to consult a doctor, learn about possible contraindications.
Cough after bronchitis will retreat faster if you do a massage to your child. It helps to sputum. To do this, tap the edge of the palm on the back of the baby. Massage should be done carefully, so as not to cause pain and discomfort.
Respiratory gymnastics will help the body to get rid of sputum. For this, children are asked to inflate the ball or blow out the candles.
Treatment with folk remedies
Before the beginning of therapy it is necessary to know the differences of obstructive bronchitis from simple. The main sign is a noisy sigh. With this pathology the following folk methods of treatment are used.
Infusions and decoctions
Usually they are made on the basis of alcohol, but children use water. Infusion with natural ingredients will help strengthen the immune system, improve the expectoration process. The most effective means are:
- Sage and milk. It will take 3 tbsp. l. dried sage and 1 liter of milk. Bring to a boil, then cook over a low heat for 15 minutes. Leave it for 1 hour. Add 3 tbsp. l. honey. Drink 100 ml every hour.
- Carrots and honey. You should take carrot juice and honey in equal proportions. To stir thoroughly. Take 1 hour. l. 5-6 times a day.
- Kalina and honey. It will take 200 g of each ingredient. Stir thoroughly, put it on low heat until the liquid evaporates. The finished product is placed in a glass jar, take 1 h. l. each hour.
These recipes help to quickly sputum.
They do on the back or chest area to warm the skin and muscles, eliminate spasm. Thanks to compresses, blood circulation is normal. Apply such recipes:
- Butter and honey. These components must be mixed in equal proportions to a homogeneous consistency, preheating in a saucepan. Lightly cool mixture put on the back area, cover with a natural cloth and polyethylene. Wear a warm sweater on top of the child. Do such compresses daily before going to bed.
- Lard. It should be melt along with a small amount of honey and butter. Use the cooled mixture, as in the previous recipe.
Do not stop treatment, even when the child's condition improves. The kid should undergo a full course of therapy.
Babies well tolerate this procedure. It can be done with different substances, which speeds up the healing process. The effect is observed when using such solutions for inhalation:
- Sea salt. In 1 liter of water should be added 3 tbsp. l. salt.
- Essential oils. They are used if the baby does not have allergies. To prepare the solution, no more than 5 drops of eucalyptus, juniper, lavender oil per 1 glass of water are required.
- Onion and garlic. These products should be crushed in small amounts, add to the inhalation solution. Inhalation is carried out with caution.
You can use for the procedure broths of medicinal herbs - mint, melissa, eucalyptus, sage.
Important! Treatment with folk remedies will help to cope with the disease in the initial stages! But consultation of the attending physician is obligatory. Also in the recipes of traditional medicine, you can not use ingredients that the baby has an allergy.
To prevent the development of obstructive bronchitis in a young child, parents must follow certain rules. The kid does not yet understand what is good and bad for his body, adults are fully responsible for the health of the crumbs.
Prevention is as follows:
- walk in the fresh air away from the gassed streets and highways;
- to travel with a child to the sea. Sea air is very useful for the respiratory system;
- regularly hold wet cleaning in the apartment;
- Remove all foods from the diet that can lead to allergies;
- do not drive the child into smoky rooms;
- provide a sound and healthy sleep.
When the first symptoms appear, you can not treat a child with potent medicines to get rid of the disease more quickly. This can lead to complications. Only a doctor can prescribe medication.
To date, obstructive bronchitis is a common disease, especially in childhood. To avoid complications, you should always contact a qualified doctor. The child will quickly recover, and relapse will be prevented.