Violation of the cardiovascular system does not pass unnoticed. The failure of the heart rhythm is perceptible and affects the overall well-being of the person and the quality of life.
- Tachycardia: what is it and how to treat it
- Features of leaking in adults and children
- Home Treatment
- First aid and emergency treatment
- Folk remedies for treatment
- Preventive measures
Treatment of tachycardia with folk remedies Symptoms of sinus tachycardia and its treatment Symptoms and causes of tachycardia in pregnancy Correctly choose drugs for the treatment of heart tachycardia Correct treatment of varicose veins in women
Tachycardia: what is it and how to treat it
An increase in heart rate is a consequence of tachycardia. Its occurrence can be connected both with the natural reaction of the organism to external stimuli, and be a symptom of the development of serious pathological processes.
The frequency of heart rhythms in a healthy person is up to 80 beats per minute. Their increase of more than 90 indicates the development of tachycardia. In a healthy person, it passes, as a rule, is asymptomatic and in most cases is not felt and arises as a natural physiological reaction of the organism.
Such an organism reaction occurs on the release of adrenaline accompanying the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. This happens with physical activity, the use of stimulant drinks based on caffeine, stressful situations, etc. Exceeding the threshold more than 100 beats per minute can be accompanied by:
- sensations of heartbeat;
- shortness of breath;
- pains in the left side;
- increased sweating;
- lack of air.
The manifestation of any symptoms and deterioration of general well-being against a background of tachycardia can indicate a pathological etymology of this process.
Treatment begins with a mandatory examination by a cardiologist, a survey and the establishment of a cause. Depending on the diagnosis, a treatment regimen is prescribed.
Important!Self-administration of medicines is not permissible, especially without an established cause, as depending on the severity of the disease, treatment is selected individually and may include the need for surgical intervention.
Features of leaking in adults and children
The appearance of tachycardia in adults and children has its own peculiarities of occurrence and course. In childhood, tachycardia often accompanies rapid growth and active development of the body, which leads to an imbalance between immature vessels and changes in heart volume.
The causes of tachycardia in both adults and children are physiological and pathological factors.
- In the first case, this is a natural reaction of the body to emotional arousal, stress, and physical stress.
- In the second - the cause is various organic lesions.
In general, tachycardia at the preschool age is considered the norm. In childhood, in the absence of pathological causes, she does not need treatment and usually passes with the attainment of sexual maturity. How to treat tachycardia in adolescents depends on the diagnosis.
For treatment at home, it is absolutely necessary to consult a doctor to determine the cause of tachycardia. Only after conducting the examination and confirming the diagnosis, a treatment regimen is selected, and recommendations of a specialist are given.
Important!Treatment can occur both in hospital and at home, depending on the condition of the patient and the severity of the disease.
At home, in addition to taking medications, the patient is required to follow the general rules to exclude tachycardia attacks in the future.
- It is necessary to ensure complete peace: both physical and emotional. Psychoemotional disorders and stress can be provoking factors in the development of tachycardia attacks. Therefore, the patient is important in a favorable positive atmosphere.
- The premises where the patient is located should be well ventilated.
- The food should be varied and balanced. The diet should include fresh vegetables, fruits, cereals, low-fat meat. Preference should be given to gentle methods of heat treatment: cook by cooking, steaming and baking. Limit the consumption of sweet, fatty, spicy foods and caffeinated beverages. Food should be divided and in small portions, 5-6 times a day.
- Physical load should be minimal, daily walks in the fresh air are recommended.
First aid and emergency treatment
How to relieve an attack of tachycardia at home:
- To provide peace.
- Rinse your face with cold water. Massage the eyeballs, inhale deeply and exhale, then take a deep breath, hold your breath and exhale, covering your mouth and nostrils. This method is called the Valsalva test.
As a first aid for tachycardia, the patient can take Corvalolum, Valocordinum, Valerian tincture, as well as several glycine tablets under the tongue.
Any other medicines are prescribed individually, depending on the diagnosis, since their action is directed not so much at arresting seizures as on eliminating their causes. Tablets from tachycardia and other medications can be conditionally divided into several groups:
- antiarrhythmic drugs;
- cardiac glycosides;
Often observed such a phenomenon as low blood pressure and rapid heart rate. It can be caused by a number of reasons:
- profuse blood loss;
- shock state;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia in a mixed type.
The tactics of treatment and measures to prevent seizures are not fundamentally different. It is necessary to establish and eliminate the cause of low pressure and the tachycardia arising on its background. Choose drugs that do not cause a drop in blood pressure.
Important!Tachycardia can be a symptom of many serious diseases. For the appointment of adequate treatment it is necessary to undergo examination and examination with a cardiologist.
Folk remedies for treatment
As a prophylactic, antiarrhythmic, restorative means used decoctions and tinctures.
For these purposes, a motherwort is used, known for its soothing effect on the nervous system. It is necessary to pour 1 tbsp. l. dry grass 1 cup of boiling water, cool, strain, add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil or lemon balm, 1 hour. l. honey. Drink during the day, the course is not less than 1 month.
Broth of herbs
Also as a sedative, with attacks of tachycardia, a decoction of rhizomes of valerian, cones of horsetail, fennel seeds and lemon balm leaves is used.
- For its preparation, take 1 tbsp. l. of each ingredient is poured with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Let cool and stand for 2-3 hours. Then strain and drink 3 times a day for half a glass, before eating for 2 weeks.
Useful for the heart tincture of hawthorn. For its preparation 1 tbsp. l. hawthorn flowers pour 100 ml of vodka or alcohol. Close the lid, insist for a week in a dark place. Take 3 drops a day before eating 20 drops, a little diluted with water. Duration of admission is at least 1 month.
Important!With tachycardia, folk remedies are used in addition to drug therapy, but do not replace it.
In order to know how to get rid of tachycardia forever, you need to contact a doctor in time when it appears and follow the prevention measures
Such measures include:
- easy physical exercise - walking, easy jogging, therapeutic exercises, swimming;
- balanced nutrition - restriction of fatty, fried foods, inclusion in the diet of more fruits, vegetables, cereals, fermented milk products, low-fat varieties of meat;
- adherence to the diet - to eat often, reducing the amount of servings, at least 5 times a day.
- refusal from bad habits in the form of alcohol and smoking. Tachycardia after alcohol adversely affects the work of the heart, leads to its early deterioration, causes hypoxia, arteriosclerosis of blood vessels, provokes the development of hypertension;
- additional intake of vitamin supplements with the content of potassium and magnesium.
A healthy lifestyle is the best prevention of cardiovascular and other diseases. From the coordinated work of the heart in the body very much depends, so you should not neglect the regular supervision of a cardiologist, especially if there are suspicious symptoms.