Myopia, also called myopia, is a disease in which a person begins to see worse objects far away. According to statistics, this disease is one of the most common pathologies of the eye, with the identification of the disease and the beginning of treatment it is important to choose suitable methods how to restore vision with short-sightedness.
- Is it possible to restore vision?
- How to restore vision with myopia fast
- How to restore without glasses
- How to restore vision at home
- How to restore vision in children
- Folk remedies
Treatment of myopia in school-age children Find out what myopia is - a minus or a plus We treat myopia with effective methods at home Find out why your eyes hurt, We get rid of the pain in the eyes after welding - quickly and easily
Treatment of this eye disease is always not the simplest, it often requires an integrated approach. To date, there are many techniques to temporarily or permanently restore normal vision. Depending on the indications, the treatment methods can be combined to achieve the best result.
Is it possible to restore vision?
How successful the treatment of the disease will be depends on what stage it is at, how much effort the patient himself makes. Much can depend on the patient, in addition, it is important to use proven methods of treating myopia. Different folk recipes and other informal techniques without consulting a specialist and basic treatment can, on the contrary, harm.
Also it is worth considering that often therapy takes a very long time, it can last several years or even a lifetime. Therefore, it is not necessary to believe, when someone promises to completely restore normal vision for a week.
How to restore vision with myopia fast
First of all, you need to see a doctor and fully assess the condition of the eyes, then consider all possible options for restoring normal vision. In most cases, if myopia has not passed into a severe form, the methods of optical correction are appropriate, although wearing glasses and lenses gives a temporary effect.
Important! Contrary to common misconception, wearing lenses and glasses does not impair the state of vision. On the contrary, correctly selected glasses help to prevent further reduction of visual acuity.
The choice of lenses and glasses depends on the individual characteristics of the eyes. Some people do not use lenses, if the cornea of the eye is too sensitive, there is an allergy, irritation. It is also important to follow the rules of wearing funds for optical vision correction.
Therefore, often, if the degree of visual impairment is not so severe, to perform surgical or laser correction, it is usually advised to select the means of optical correction.
How to restore without glasses
In the later stages of the disease, when it is easy to pick up glasses, it becomes extremely difficult, the vision is reduced very much, turn to the operative methods of treatment. To date, there are several different options, each has its own pros and cons. It is necessary to disassemble the basic methods of operative correction of vision:
- Laser correction. There are several different techniques, all of which can be used for mild cases of myopia. Some varieties of laser correction with an individual approach to each patient can give amazing results, sometimes the visual acuity after the operation reaches up to one hundred percent. However, it is worth considering that laser treatment is not suitable in extremely severe cases, in addition, it can be quite expensive.
- Surgical treatment of myopia. Eye surgery is resorted to if the degree of myopia is too severe, the patient's condition continues to worsen, other methods of treatment do not work or they can not be used for any reason. Usually the lens is removed, in its place put a specialized artificial lens. This method allows you to get rid of myopia at any of the stages.
The main advantage of surgery is the long-term effect. After operations, you usually do not need to wear glasses anymore, a person sees well almost always. It is important only to follow the rules of prevention of myopia and astigmatism.
Important! Children are trying not to do eye surgery immediately, except in severe cases. Basically, surgical intervention is carried out at an older age.
How to restore vision at home
In addition to surgical intervention and the constant wearing of optical correction tools, there are several home methods for restoring visual acuity. It is worth remembering that they only help in the initial stages of the disease to the fullest extent, often they can not be used as an independent treatment.
Usually at home, it is advised to apply for eye exercises. It helps to strengthen the eyes, relieve the effects of myopia. Perform the exercises need to constantly, without major interruptions. It is worthwhile to give the most common exercises:
- You need to sit straight, keep your head straight. Eyes closed for a few seconds, then open again. Repeat exercise 6 - 9 times.
- In the sitting position, close your eyes, lightly massage your upper eyelids with your fingertips for a minute.
- In the sitting position, you should take your hand to the side, stretching your thumb up. Without turning your head, you should try to see it with your side vision. Repeat several times with both hands.
- In the sitting position, make circular movements with the eyes, first in one direction, then in the other. It should be repeated 8 to 10 times in each direction.
- This exercise should be performed standing at the window. On the glass should be glued or painted with a dot, first concentrate on looking at it, then look at an object outside the window, and concentrate on it. Repeat several times.
These are the basic exercises used for myopia. Before they start, it is advisable to consult a doctor, it is possible that a specialist will suggest other exercises that are more appropriate in a particular case.
Also in adults, together with exercises, if they are forced to work a lot with computers and papers, which strains the eyes, drops are used to restore vision. In fact, more often it's moisturizing or vitaminized drops that help the eye less tired. Fatigue and dryness negatively affect the course of the disease.
How to restore vision in children
The same methods are used for the treatment of children, but more attention is paid to the prevention of further violations. In children, deterioration can occur faster than in an adult.
It is important for children to properly organize a workplace so that the light is bright enough, acted on the right side, depending on which hand the child writes. Between classes necessarily breaks to gymnastics for the eyes, rest. Also advise to exercise, keep the body in good shape.
It is also advised to spend less time at the computer or watching TV. In general, the eye strain should be normal, you do not need to heavily burden the visual apparatus.
Folk methods can be used with caution in the presence of basic treatment. Exclusively with the help of folk treatment, getting rid of myopia and its consequences will not work out, full-fledged therapy is necessary.
Some products can be used as an auxiliary therapy. Proper nutrition with short-sightedness will help the body from the inside. With this disease advised to eat more carrots and blueberries, these products contain many useful substances for the eyes.
Sea fish and vegetables are also useful, they have a positive effect on the work of the retina with myopia. In addition, dairy products with a high calcium content are useful, they also maintain a normal metabolism in the tissues of the eye. It is advisable to drink more water, since a lack of fluid in the body leads faster to dry eyes.
Combining exercises to support and strengthen the eyes, diet and suitable tools for vision correction, you can quickly and effectively restore normal visual acuity. The main thing is to follow the doctor's recommendations and not engage in self-medication.