- The causes of erosion in the stomach
- Symptoms of erosive gastritis
- Complication of pathology
- Treatment of erosive gastritis
- Diet with gastritis
- Related Videos
The inflammatory process in the stomach (gastritis) can be caused by many factors. Depending on the etiology, several types of pathology are distinguished, which have their own flow peculiarities. So, with the penetration of bacteria in the muscle layer develops a phlegmonous gastritis, which is characterized by the release of exudate and the formation of wounds, in addition, the stomach tissue can die, atrophy, replaced by fibrous fibers.
If erosion forms on the site of inflammation, then they speak of an erosive gastritis. In the absence of therapy, the superficial wound begins to bleed, and then it is transformed into an ulcer. A perforated ulcer can cause peritonitis and lead to death. Gastritis and ulcers should be treated immediately if the first symptoms occur.
The causes of erosion in the stomach
Ulcerative gastritis often occurs as a result of reproduction on the gastric mucosa of the microorganism Helicobacter pylori. This bacterium is able to exist in an acidic environment and under favorable conditions it multiplies and forms whole colonies that harm the mucosa.
In the process of life, the bacteria secrete substances that destroy the protective mucous layer of the stomach and cells are exposed to aggressive action of hydrochloric acid and pepsin. The microorganism also produces urease, which decomposes into ammonia, which is why an increased amount of hydrochloric acid is released.
Erosion on the gastric mucosa can be formed not only because of the activity of bacteria, but also as a result of:
- malnutrition. The irritating effect is too hot, spicy, spicy, and also rough food. If a person uses it regularly, the inflammatory process will not take long. Negative effect on the body and skipping meals, because the hydrochloric acid produced begins to corrode the walls of the stomach;
- poisoning. Inflammation of the gastric mucosa is often found in workers of harmful production, who, disregarding the protection, inhale harmful substances;
- prolonged stress. Since a person is in prolonged stress, starts to sleep badly and is irritated, this affects the work of the whole organism. There is a hormonal failure and the vegetative nervous system that is responsible for contracting smooth muscle functions poorly. With nervous tension, blood supply and salivation are impaired, gastric motility deteriorates, the composition of gastric juice changes;
- autoimmune reaction. With this pathology, immunity produces antibodies not only to foreign organisms, but also to their own cells;
- reception of medicines. Some medicines, for example, steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, salicylates, antibiotics, adversely affect the protective mucus of the stomach. This is the cause of erosion;
- reception of alcoholic drinks. Alcohol adversely affects the gastric mucosa. In addition, it destroys hepatocytes, and unhealthy liver affects the work of the entire gastrointestinal tract;
- disease. The function of the stomach worsens if there are such diseases as cholecystitis, pancreatitis, diabetes, gout and others.
Erosive gastritis often occurs against a background of stress, with nervous exhaustion, prolonged severe illness
Symptoms of erosive gastritis
On the mucous tissue, one or many erosions can form. At the initial stage of the disease, the lesions are small and affect only the upper layer of the mucosa, but gradually they penetrate deeper, covering already deep layers. The disease develops for a long time, and is often found even when the greater part of the stomach is affected.
Depending on the course and symptoms of ulcerative gastritis, the disease is divided into several types:
- acute. Develops due to injuries, burns, kidney or liver failure, internal bleeding. There is a pathology with tarry stools and vomiting with blood;
- chronic. It develops on the background of taking medications, viral diseases, Crohn's disease. With chronic erosive gastritis, there are many wounds on the surface of the stomach mucosa;
- idiopathic. Bright symptoms of ulcerative gastritis are absent, seldom there is a nausea. More often, such patients seek medical help when erosion is already bleeding;
- antral. Erosions occur in the lower part of the stomach, since this part is most often "occupied" by Helicobacteria;
- erosive reflux gastritis. This form of gastritis causes the most profound and extensive erosion. Wounds are formed due to the fact that the contents of the duodenum enter the stomach. Mucous swelling and on it large wounds are formed, exfoliated tissues can be noticeable in vomit masses.
When scarring the wound, the lumen of the esophagus narrows
Regardless of the form of pathology, the first signs of erosive gastritis are:
- pain in the pit of the stomach. Painful sensations are usually not very intense. They can appear before meals, because the hydrochloric acid produced affects aggressively the erosion, or after eating, when the particles of stomach contents touch the wound. Soreness continues until the chyme enters the duodenum (within 1-2 hours);
- heartburn. This symptom of erosive gastritis appears, because gastric juice enters the esophagus. This happens if gastric motility is impaired;
- dyspeptic disorders. There is a violation of a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, even if it was eaten little, bitter and dry in the mouth, the eruption of a belch with a rotten or sour taste, disorder of stool (diarrhea or constipation);
- increased gassing.
In acute course, the symptoms of erosive gastritis are accompanied by nausea with blood and stools of dark color, indicating gastric bleeding. In chronic course, signs of abnormal stomach function and abdominal pain are more pronounced. Pain in the abdomen can be both aching and cramping.
Complication of pathology
If the deep layers of the body are damaged, bleeding may begin and then the disease is already classified as an erosive hemorrhagic gastritis. Seldom bleeds surface erosions located on the anterior or posterior wall of the stomach or on its bottom. Danger of bleeding from several or major lesions. If the wound is near the vessels, serious gastric bleeding can begin.
Symptoms of gastritis and stomach ulcers are very similar. The only difference is that with peptic ulcer the pain syndrome is much more intensive, since the expression is profound. Pain can give to the left half of the chest, lower back, shoulder blade, spine. The symptom occurs after eating and intensifies within an hour, there may appear "hungry" pain.
As with erosive gastritis, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, stools, heartburn are possible. Sign of perforation of the stomach ulcer is "sharp stomach". With peptic ulceration, the walls of the intestine are often affected, so you should start to treat gastritis, and not wait until it develops before the perforation and inflammation affects the neighboring organs.
Treatment of erosive gastritis
If there is a suspicion of erosive gastritis, the patient undergoes a comprehensive examination, which includes carrying out a laboratory examination of blood and urine, examining the gastric mucosa with fibroadastroduodenoscopy (FGDS), and examining the abdominal organs on ultrasound. Only after diagnosing and determining the type of gastritis can adequate treatment be prescribed.
The recovery of the mucous layer takes a long time, so long-term therapy
The diagnosis should be confirmed by EGF, because gastritis differs little from peptic ulcer. Treatment of gastritis and stomach ulcers should be aimed at eliminating the provoking factor and preventing its occurrence in the future. To quickly eliminate the pain syndrome and prevent the occurrence of an ulcer, medication is prescribed.
Reception of antibiotics for gastritis is indicated only if the presence of a bacterial microflora in the stomach is confirmed. For eradication Helicobacter is assigned Tetracycline, Clarithromcin, Amoxicillin, Levofloxacin. The treatment regimen includes several antibacterial drugs, they are supplemented by inhibitors of the proton pump.
If after the therapy tests show the presence of the bacterium, then after checking the sensitivity of the microorganism to an antibiotic, individual treatment is selected. The medication intake should be at least 7 days, often the course is 14 days, but can be increased. If you stop taking medication before, the bacterium will develop stability and restore the colony.
To normalize the acidity of gastric juice, proton pump inhibitors, antacid preparations or substances acting on histamine receptors are prescribed. Drugs suppress the synthesis of hydrochloric acid or neutralize it. The doctor appoints Rennie, Almagel, Nizatidine, Maalox, magnesium hydroxide.
To protect the mucous membrane with gastric ulcer and erosions, preparations based on bismuth or alginates are prescribed. These agents form a film on the surface of the stomach, which does not allow trypsin and hydrochloric acid to corrode tissues. Alginates begin to act within a few minutes after ingestion and envelop the mucosa for 4 hours.
These funds include "Gaviscon", "Laminal." Preparations based on bismuth ("Pilocid", "Ventrisol", "De-nol", "Tribimol") not only protect the tissues, but also contribute to their regeneration, have an anti-inflammatory effect, helping in the destruction of Helicobacter.
Since antacids reduce the secretion of hydrochloric acid, it may be necessary to improve digestive function. With erosive gastritis, enzymatic medicines can be prescribed (Digestal, Mezim, Festal).
As an analgesic, spasmolytic drugs can be used, for example, No-Shpa, Drotoverin. They relax the smooth muscles, which improves trophic and blood supply. To accelerate the restoration of the gastric mucosa, drugs are prescribed that improve blood microcirculation in the areas of impaired blood circulation and have an anti-inflammatory effect. It can be "Trental", "Iberogast".
With extensive mucosal lesions and profuse bleeding, coagulation is indicated. During the procedure, erosion is cauterized with a special laser. This is done using an endoscope. If the erosion continues to bleed, it is necessary to remove the affected area of the mucosa.
What are the pains with a stomach ulcer?
Folk remedies for stomach gastritis
As an addition to the basic treatment of erosive gastritis, folk remedies can also be recommended. To eliminate the symptoms of erosive gastritis will help plants and oils that have an anti-inflammatory effect, accelerating the regeneration of tissues, forming a protective film on the gastric mucosa (enveloping).
Before using decoctions, infusions on the basis of grass or oils, one must always consult a gastroenterologist
One popular means is sea buckthorn oil. It heals wounds and relieves inflammation. With gastritis, you can use oil bought in a pharmacy or cooked independently (mix in the same proportion of sea buckthorn juice and olive oil and let it brew for three days). Drink the oil you need daily on an empty stomach on a teaspoon for two weeks.
Quickly removes the pain syndrome and helps to eliminate inflammation tincture of propolis. Drink it three times a day for three weeks before eating, previously diluted in warm water (20 drops per glass of liquid).
Useful for gastritis and sprouts of wheat. The cereals are germinated for several days, then the shoots are ground and mixed with olive oil and leave to be infused in glassware for 5 days. Take the drug need 5 days a teaspoon one hour before the first meal.
Treatment of gastritis with honey and bee products is used very long time and effectively. But it should be remembered that in case of disease, honey should be limited, and the means based on it should be applied by courses. Honey and aloe has anti-inflammatory effect, promotes regeneration. To prepare the product will need 5 spoonfuls of honey and the same number of leaves of aloe.
From the plant, a gruel is made and mixed with honey. It is taken on an empty stomach for three weeks. In order for the effect of the treatment to be more pronounced, it is recommended to take leaves of the plant that are older than three years and allow them to lie down in the cold for a day.
Chamomile promotes the recovery of the mucosa, relieves inflammation. Therefore it is useful to drink tea from this plant. For the treatment of erosive-ulcerative gastritis watermelon crusts can also be used. They are crushed and scalded with boiling water, boiled for half an hour and left to stand. Drink a glass of broth daily for 4 meals before eating. Watermelon improves the condition of the gastric mucosa, relieves inflammation, is rich in vitamins and microelements, improves the functioning of blood vessels.
Symptoms of erosive gastritis and ulcers most often occur against the background of increased acidity of gastric juice. To reduce the production of hydrochloric acid, it is recommended to drink alkaline mineral water "Borjomi", "Essentuki." For medicinal purposes, water should be selected by the attending physician taking into account the hydrocarbonate-sodium composition. Drink it should be warmed, volley, an hour before a meal. The course lasts for a month.
Diet with gastritis
No disease of the gastrointestinal tract can be cured without correction of the menu. Recommendations for diet in the treatment of gastritis and ulcers are common. Removing from the diet of spicy, spicy, pickled, fatty, too burning and rough food can eliminate such irritating factors as chemical and mechanical effects. It is necessary to change not only taste preferences, but also pay attention to how and how much food is consumed.
During an exacerbation the diet is recommended strict, and in a stage of remission sparing
When gastritis and stomach ulcer is recommended to eat in small portions, but often (5-6 times a day). It's better if it's steamed or stewed food. Food should be warm, as hot burns mucous, and cold requires more time and acid for digestion.
Dishes must be cleaned or liquid, otherwise they must be thoroughly chewed. With erosive gastritis, you can eat non-welded soups, cereals, vegetable stews, mashed potatoes, sour-milk products, low-fat boiled fish, lean meat (rabbit, chicken, veal), eggs, stale bread.
You can not eat sour vegetables and fruits, alcohol, strong tea and coffee, carbonated drinks, smoked meats, pickles, marinades, chocolate, muffins, fried, fatty and spicy dishes with gastritis. And although the list of prohibited foods with gastritis, it still has to be adhered to even during remission.
Signs of gastritis and ulcers should not be ignored, because cure the disease is always easier at the initial stage. Methods of treatment in diseases do not differ, the difference is only in the duration of drug therapy. Which exactly medications should be taken by the treating gastroenterologist, since self-medication is dangerous.