After birth in the child's gastrointestinal tract, the process of adapting the digestive system to a new diet begins - a mixture for babies or breast milk for the mother.
Adaptation does not always go smoothly, and in most cases children begin to worry about intestinal colic during the first month of life associated with bloating and increased gas production.
- How to give a baby
- Daily dosage and dosage
- Causes and prevention of intestinal colic in infants
Statistically, at the age of 3months from intestinal colic affects up to 70% of all babies.
Symptoms of intestinal colic that most often disturb babies in the evening are usually manifested at the time of feeding the baby or immediately after receiving food:
- crumbs the legs to the tummy;
- is crying.
As a result, the baby becomes restless, his normal sleep is disturbed while maintaining appetite and sufficient gain in weight.
Its condition is normalized only after the gases escape and natural defecation.
Each of the parents tries to find a way to get rid of the unpleasant feelings of the child as soon as possible.
Chemical composition of
In the green of dill contains a large number of useful components:
- vitamin C;
- vitamin E;
- folic acid;
- essential oil;
- vitamin B;
- nicotinic acid.
And you know that you can knock down the temperature of a child with folk remedies without medication? Recipes are written in a useful article.
About the contraindications of pergia bee, read on this page.
Dill-based remedy has many unique actions:
- Reduces and relaxes the spasms of the smooth muscles of the intestine.
- Promotes the development of a favorable microscopic environment in the body.
- Normalizes sleep and prevents the occurrence of insomnia.
- Reduces pressure on the intestinal wall.
- Expands blood vessels.
- Favorably affects the central nervous system.
- Has a calming effect( about soothing herbs written here).
- Has an antibacterial effect.
- Displays phlegm after coughing.
- Helps improve the delivery of blood to all systems and organs.
- Eliminates inflammation in the body.
- Has a diuretic effect.
- Improves the activity of the respiratory system.
- Normalizes heart work.
- Helps remove bile from the body( list of cholagogue grasses).
- Improves appetite.
- Serves as a means of preventing constipation.
- Has a positive effect on the activity of the kidneys.
- Promotes healing of wounds and ulcers.
The use of dill water helps to improve lactation in the mother, has a mild calming effect and normalizes digestion.
Half a glass of a medicine taken 30 minutes before feeding will increase the production of breast milk and improve its composition for better absorption of nutrition by the baby.
It should be noted that dill seeds are contraindicated in case of low blood pressure.
If excessive amounts are used from dill, there may be a loss of strength, visual impairment and fainting.
Dill water contributes to the removal of gases in children due to the ability to relieve spasm of the musculature of the intestine.
And do you know how to take royal jelly in pellets, the medicinal properties of which are described in the current article? Click on the link and read the instructions.
For useful properties of ivan tea for women, read here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / zhenshen.html is written about the use of tincture from the root of ginseng.
With regular use improves digestion in a child and reduces the risk of pain in the tummy.
- causes intestinal colic with additional digestive disorders,
- diarrhea or constipation,
- body temperature increase,
- loss of appetite,
- appearance of impurities in the feces of a greenish shade,
it is recommended to consult a pediatrician .
Before using dill water, it is necessary to make sure that the baby is disturbed by intestinal colic.
What is on sale in pharmacies
The finished product is problematic to buy in a pharmacy, it can be purchased only if there is a prescription department where dill vodichku and can be made on the spot, according to the prescription.
If it is not possible to find a remedy for colic on the basis of fennel, you can use drugs with a similar effect:
- Plantex, made from fennel and allowed for use for babies from 2 weeks of age.
Recipes for cooking at home
An effective remedy for intestinal colic can be done for a child at home.
To make an effective tool for improving the baby's health, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Fennel seeds should be ground in a blender or coffee grinder.
- 1 teaspoon of the obtained raw material to pour 200-250 ml of hot water.
- Leave the broth for 40-45 minutes.
- Thoroughly strain.
- The product is added in the amount of 1 teaspoon in the formula for feeding the baby or in the expressed milk.
- Children from 2 weeks to 1 month are recommended to drip on the tongue of 15 drops of water from fennel.
- The product can be stored for 1 day in the refrigerator.
You can prepare dill water from fennel essential oil:
- One liter of water will need 0.05 grams of oil.
- The solution can be stored for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- The preparation is warmed to room temperature before use.
Instead of fennel, you can apply for a recipe for intestinal colic seeds of dill:
- In 1 cup of boiled water add 1 teaspoon of dill.
- The broth should be infused for 1 hour.
- Thoroughly strain the product.
- Store up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
If you have fresh dill, you can prepare tea for crumbs, which is used as a dill vodichku:
- In 100 ml of boiled water, you need to dissolve 1 tablespoon of chopped greens.
- The agent is recommended for about 1 hour.
- Thoroughly strain the broth.
- Store in the refrigerator for no more than 1 day.
Water for cooking recipes must be cleaned.
Dishes - processed with boiled water.
Seeds of domestic dill or fennel - fresh, without foreign smells and high quality.
Means of fennel oil can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days, the rest of the prescriptions require storage for no more than a day, as on the second day the dill liquor loses its useful properties.
Important! If the baby is not yet 1 month, it is recommended to give the crumb only a freshly prepared remedy.
Selecting the grass
When preparing the dill itself, it is especially important to choose the right greens:
- The stem and leaves should not be sluggish.
- The end of the stem must be elastic.
- No plants suitable for use with stuck together dark green leaves.
- Unpleasant smell indicates the beginning of decay processes.
- Leaves and stem should not be yellowed.
Fresh greens can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days with leaves in the water.
Shelf life is increased to 7 days if the plant is stored in the refrigerator - in the vegetable department.
Dill can be harvested for the winter, after drying the greens in the shade in the fresh air.
Seeds of dill can be stored in a cotton bag or in a glass jar.
How to give a baby
How to take the remedy for intestinal colic depends on the method of getting the baby food.
Toddlers who are breastfeeding, it is recommended to give dill water from a teaspoon.
For artificers, adding the product to a bottle is suitable, although using a spoon will make it easier to determine the dosage of the water used from fennel.
Important! It is advisable to drink your baby before the start of feeding, so that intestinal colic does not interfere with the feeding of crumbs. The effect occurs only 15 minutes after receiving the drug.
If the child does not want to take the dill, it is recommended that the baby's taste is more familiar to the baby by diluting in a small amount of milk or infant formula.
Daily dosage and dosage
Dill-based remedy for eliminating intestinal colic, it is necessary to use with a gradual increase in dosages starting at 1 teaspoon.
At first, give the baby dill vodichku recommended 3 times during the day.
At the same time, for the reaction of the child, parents should be closely monitored, in the absence of anxiety signs in the form of rash, it is possible to increase the dosage of the drug up to 6 times a day.
After a while, the drug is allowed to give the child before each feeding, but not more often than 1 time in 3 hours.
The exact allowable daily amount of fennel depends on the individual characteristics of the child.
To determine the correct dosage, it is recommended that you consult a pediatrician beforehand.
Causes and prevention of intestinal colic in infants
In addition to adapting the digestive system of the baby to a new diet, there are additional factors that trigger the occurrence of intestinal colic in children:
- use of lactating foods - legumes, cabbage, milk, eggs, bananas;
- infant feeding;
- improper selection or preparation of food - a milk formula for children, especially its small or excessive dilution;
- stressful situation for a woman in the period of carrying and feeding a child;
- dysbacteriosis, infections, allergies and lactose insufficiency;
- hormonal disorders in a nursing mother;
- ingestion of baby air during sucking;
- adding sugar to the water for drinking crumbs.
To reduce the risk of intestinal colic, the following simple tips are recommended:
- Organizing a rational diet.
- Compliance with nursing mothers special diet.
- Carrying out a stomach massage before feeding the baby clockwise.
- The correct selection and preparation of a mixture for feeding artificial persons.
- Timely elimination of dysbacteriosis, infectious diseases and lactase deficiency.
- Frequent putting the baby on the stomach, especially 10-15 minutes before the feeding.
- Feed your baby in a semi-vertical position, after eating it is recommended to hold the child upright to regurgitate excess air.
It has been proven that infants with breastfeeding suffer from intestinal colic less often than children who are on artificial feeding.
Usually, six months after the birth of children, the process of digestion improves, the body adapts to a new life and copes with processing incoming feed itself.
Step-by-step instruction on preparation of dill water in the home.