Smoking is a very bad habit, which is never too late to get rid of. Tobacco causes severe psychological and physical dependence, so just to quit this habit is extremely difficult. How to replace cigarettes when you quit smoking? Many people start not getting the usual ritual, it's much easier to stop smoking if you find a suitable replacement for this process, especially in the early stages.
- Than to replace smoking?
- How can I replace cigarettes so as not to get better?
- When you quit smoking during pregnancy: what to replace?
Smoking in breastfeeding - implications for children Learn if you can smoke after tooth extraction Before giving a blood test, can I smoke? Effective methods of how to quickly clear lungs after smoking Quit smoking at home quickly
The more smoking experience, the harder it will be to cope with this habit. Contrary to some misconceptions, smoking is not a simple weakness or a bad habit in the usual sense, it is a full-fledged addiction that can be called narcotic.
At smokers nicotine, other substances entering into cigarette smoke, begin to take a full part in metabolic processes of an organism, they influence metabolism. Therefore, when giving up smoking, not only does the psychological condition of a person suffer. The metabolic processes of the body begin to be rebuilt.
People who decide to give up a bad habit can temporarily get worse. Many note violations of the heart rate, increase or decrease in blood pressure, some changes on the part of the nervous system. A person begins to get tired faster, there may be increased irritability, sleep disturbances.
In addition, with a sharp cessation of smoking a person gaining excess weight, there are problems with appetite. This issue is especially often worried about women, since the female sex is more inclined to a set of extra pounds when refusing a bad habit.
Psychological dependence can seriously affect a person's condition. Many people smoke - a kind of ritual, helping to deal with emotional stress, stress, nervousness. If you abandon a bad habit, the necessary ritual disappears, you need to look for a replacement for him.
It is worthwhile to consider what can replace cigarettes in rejection of them, which is more effective: various drugs and drugs with nicotine content or vice versa. It is worth knowing what means will help support the body, the metabolic processes when you abandon a bad habit, so that the harm from a sudden cessation of nicotine intake into the body would not be so noticeable.
Important! To date, many experts believe: a sharp rejection of tobacco is quite harmful. It is advisable to give up cigarettes gradually, so as not to provoke stress.
Than to replace smoking?
If the experience of smoking is large enough, you can get rid of the bad habit with the help of special products containing nicotine in small quantities, necessary to avoid exposing your body to stress. It should be noted that these funds are most suitable for relatively healthy adults, with the refusal of cigarettes during pregnancy, it is better not to use them.
These drugs are good because they contain only nicotine, they do not contain a lot of other harmful substances that are in cigarette smoke, such as various resins and benzpyrene, which has a carcinogenic effect.
- E-cigarettes. If the length of dependency is small, cigarettes are used as a ritual, you can use electronic cigarettes. In some mixtures, there is no nicotine for them, so they can be used safely.
- Tablets with nicotine and its substitutes. Some experts question the effectiveness of such drugs, since with cigarettes a smoker can switch to tablets. Although in any case, the tablets contain less harmful substances than in the cigarettes themselves.
- Nicotine patches. They can be called an analog of nicotine tablets. Their plus: when using, you do not need to constantly take an active action, as when taking tablets. Thus, the psychological dependence when using patches is not strengthened.
This is the main means of helping to gently move from cigarettes to pure nicotine, entering the body without forming a psychological dependence, so that later it would be easier to abandon them. They can not help everyone, but if there are no contraindications, they should be tried.
How can I replace cigarettes so as not to get better?
Many people, refusing cigarettes, begin to eat more. Therefore, sometimes worried about the question, than you can replace them without harm to the figure. Instead of constantly eating a rather fatty unhealthy food, to replace the peculiar "emptiness" formed after failure, you can choose other options, for example, to go in for sports.
- Chewing gum. Many people start chewing gum, it helps to overcome psychological dependence. For some, this method does work. However, it is worth remembering that you can chew only after eating, so that the chewing gum does not have a negative effect on the digestive tract.
- Lollipops, caramel. You can use small sweets instead of chewing gum. The main thing is not to eat sweet candies too often, otherwise they will start to hurt the figure.
- Fresh fruits or vegetables. Apples, chopped fresh carrots, celery, cucumbers, pears, these products contain few calories, and they can be chewed quite often.
- Nuts, dried fruits. They should be more careful, in nuts and dried fruits, other similar products contain a lot of calories, but they quickly cause saturation.
Important! When using chewing gum you need to choose one that does not contain sugar substitutes. In large quantities, they can adversely affect the work of the digestive tract, can provoke a loose stool.
These are the main methods that help replace cigarettes. In addition, some experts advise to find a hobby, an occupation that will help to distract and take time. You can start drawing, knitting, embroidering, such things help to take your hands and for some people have an easy relaxing effect.
When you quit smoking during pregnancy: what to replace?
In pregnancy, usually all of the above methods work, you can not use various drugs based on nicotine. Tablets and patches are usually contraindicated to pregnant women, since nicotine is a stimulant, in this form it can provoke miscarriage, other disorders.
Therefore, women, bearing a child, you can use any means that do not contain nicotine and its analogues. In addition, if you quit smoking during pregnancy, it is desirable to maintain the gastrointestinal tract, the cardiovascular system, the immune system. For this advise decoctions and infusions on the basis of medicinal herbs, for example, chamomile, linden, sage, motherwort, dog rose, green tea.