- Acute appendicitis
- Intestinal infections
- Physiological causes
- Related videos
At 35 weeks of gestation, almost all women experience soreness in the lower abdomen. It can be both a little discomfort and real pain. The causes of the condition can be physiological, that is, due to pregnancy itself, and pathological - caused by the disease.
In particular, in late gestation, a woman can be diagnosed with:
- an inflammation of the appendix;
- intestinal infections;
- colitis of various origins.
One of the reasons why in the 35 week of pregnancy the lower abdomen hurts, there can be an attack of acute appendicitis. Provoke pathology is capable of significantly increased in size uterus, causing the displacement of neighboring organs.
The result is a squeezing of the appendix of the cecum, resulting in impaired local circulation and, as a result, the development of inflammation. Displacement of the appendix can cause its inflection and subsequent infection.
Signs of acute form of appendicitis become:
- pain localized in the lower right side of the abdomen and giving to the navel;
- increased body temperature;
- nausea, sometimes resulting in vomiting;
- lack of appetite;
- is not ruled out the development of a headache.
Inflammation of the appendix on late gestation may be accompanied by atypical symptoms, which hinders the correct diagnosis of
. There are symptoms in the development of which a woman is recommended to receive urgent medical advice. This gradual increase in soreness in the lower abdomen, an increase in temperature, accompanied by vomiting.
Pains are worse when lying on the right side, while walking and standing without moving. When you press on the stomach and then stop the pressure, there is a sharp pain. The pregnant woman is prescribed a general analysis of blood and urine, ultrasound of the abdominal organs, rectal examination, palpation of the abdomen.
Diagnosis of acute appendicitis is performed in a hospital. But thirty-five weeks of pregnancy is the time when traditional methods of diagnosing appendicitis may not give a complete picture of the condition. Quite often, a computed tomography is required to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment of the disease is possible only in an operative way. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. In some cases, the woman will be advised to have an emergency cesarean section.
The next reason that the abdominal pain hurts at 35 weeks of gestation is intestinal infections. If you do not start treatment, then the condition becomes a threat to the normal bearing of the child.
The development of intestinal pathology can cause bacteria or viruses. The disease manifests itself by sharp pains, a disorder of the stool and a rapid increase in body temperature. The main symptom of the pathology is an unending nausea, accompanied by severe vomiting, which leads to severe dehydration of the body.
Transmission of a viral agent is possible through water, household items and food
Causes of intestinal infections during pregnancy can become:
- development of food allergies;
- food poisoning;
- intestinal flu caused by penetration into the gastrointestinal tract of rotavirus;
- helminthic invasion;
- disorders of the pancreas;
- various bowel diseases.
The development of infection is due to the penetration into the body of a pregnant woman of pathogenic microorganisms. Infection with E. coli occurs in several ways. It is contact-household, oral-fecal and air-drip.
The greatest danger among intestinal infections caused by viral agents during pregnancy is rotavirus infection. Its typical signs are a sharp decrease in appetite, severe nausea, resulting in vomiting, diarrhea, pain in the lower abdomen.
How badly the disease affects the health of the child, depends on the pathogen that caused the intestinal infection. The easiest way is for a woman and a child to tolerate food poisoning caused by the products of many opportunistic pathogens, as well as salmonella.
Dysentery and typhoid fever are a particular hazard during pregnancy, as they can cause spontaneous interruption of gestation - miscarriage. Rotovirus infection against a background of weakened immune defenses, typical for the period of bearing a child, can have quite serious consequences.
Danger of intestinal infections
The development of intestinal pathology can be dangerous for both the mother and the child. In severe cases, infection can cause a miscarriage. Intestinal infection is able to penetrate the placental barrier. The nervous system of the fetus is most often affected, which can cause the formation of meningitis symptoms. But this is the worst scenario, developing only in severe course of the disease.
In case of development of suspicious symptoms, it is recommended that a woman receive qualified medical advice in the shortest possible time.
Among other possible complications, one can distinguish:
- development of renal failure;
- drop in blood pressure to critical;
- development of infectious-toxic shock.
A dangerous complication is the thickening of the blood, leading to the development of thrombosis of the lower limbs.
A mild form of intestinal infection is treated at home. At the heart of the therapy is the intake of adsorbing drugs that help to remove toxins from the body. To restore the water-salt balance, disturbed by vomiting and diarrhea, the reception of rehydrates will be recommended.
With a significant deterioration of health and increased symptoms of intoxication, treatment is carried out in a hospital. Drugs from the category of antibiotics are prescribed in exceptional cases and only after identifying the type of pathogen.
In the 35 weeks of pregnancy, the lower abdomen may be sore due to inflammation of the mucosal surface of the large intestine. The symptomatology of colitis is quite specific and in addition to soreness the disease is accompanied by a frequent liquid stool containing mucus admixtures, with a heavy smell, an increase in body temperature to significant levels.
The cause of the formation of colitis can be:
- intestinal damage by infectious agents - viruses, fungi or bacteria;
- allergic reaction;
- hemorrhoids or anal fissures.
Treatment of any intestinal disease during pregnancy should be handled by a physician
Treatment of colitis should be performed under strict medical supervision. Drugs should be selected by a qualified specialist. In addition to drug therapy, the pregnant woman will be recommended to follow the diet "table number 4".From the diet it will be necessary to exclude:
- fresh bread;
Physiological causes of
To be ill on the thirty-fifth gestational week in the lower abdomen can also for natural reasons.
- The greatly increased size of the uterus exerts considerable pressure on the surrounding organs. In addition, under the influence of hormones there is a softening of the ligamentous apparatus, which can also cause pain.
- During the period of bearing a child often there is an exacerbation of hemorrhoids, it can also cause soreness. When this problem arises, you need to get a consultation from a gynecologist.
- A pregnant woman may have a lower back. Aching pain on this gestation period is due to the lowering of the fetus and the entry of the head into the pelvic region.
- In addition, at the thirty-fifth week, almost all women feel the training cuts of Brexton-Higgs. These are the so-called training fights, preparing the uterus for the subsequent hard work to expel the child.
- Soreness, which in its intensity resembles menstrual pain, may indicate a lack of hydration.
- Pains of drawing character arise in the event that the uterus comes in a tonus. In this case, an additional sign is pain in the lumbar region.
Any pain localized in the abdomen, at 35 weeks of pregnancy require special attention. They can be both harbingers of the onset of labor, and a sign of any GIT disease.