Violation of blood microcirculation in the brain is a serious deviation that can be caused by vascular diseases, adverse environmental conditions and a number of other factors.
Under their influence, a gradual narrowing of the lumen of the blood vessels occurs, cholesterol plaques form on their walls, they lose their elasticity and, as a result, become brittle. Against this background, blood circulation slows down, which leads to the appearance of anxiety symptoms.
This condition is extremely dangerous, so it requires the mandatory use of special medications with vasodilating effect. Correctly appointed funds restore blood flow and prevent the death of brain cells, due to which the normalization of its functioning takes place.
Why expand the vessels?
The main goal, which must be achieved with the appointment of vasodilator drugs, is to ensure the transport of oxygen to the brain tissues. There is an expansion of blood vessels, the intensity of blood flow is reduced. This contributes to the fact that oxygen and useful substances are freely transported to the brain tissues, and the waste materials and carbon dioxide are from the brain tissues to the blood. This property of vasodilator drugs is particularly important and necessary if:
- There is a compression of the vessel formed by swelling, swelling, or overgrowing of the bone. For this reason, vasodilator drugs are prescribed for patients with osteochondrosis of cervical vertebrae. This allows us to normalize blood circulation in the brain, despite the edema and the formation of osteophytes.
- The vessel is clogged with a thrombus or cholesterol plaque. Also, vasodilating drugs are needed in case the wall of the vessel has become thicker because of the inflammatory process taking place in it.
All medicines prescribed for this purpose have an effect on small and medium blood vessels.
Vasodilator drugs are also indicated in hypertensive disease. In this case, the components of the medicamental agent act directly on the large vessels. Under the influence of the medicine, they expand, and their capacity becomes larger. Thanks to this there is a smooth decrease in blood pressure.
There is a definite classification of vasodilator drugs for the purpose of their use. So, similar medicines can be applied with the purpose:
- treatment of cardiac pathologies (in particular, with the development of angina pectoris);
- lowering blood pressure;
- improvement of blood circulation in the vessels of the brain (with cephalgia, cervical osteochondrosis, noise in the ears, etc.);
- relief of migraine attacks;
- decrease in intraocular pressure (for example, with developed glaucoma);
- treatment of vascular pathologies of the legs (obliterating atherosclerosis, endarteritis, etc.).
Almost every group of vasodilator drugs is divided into subgroups. They affect the same vessels (large, medium, small), but only the points of impact they have different.
Proceeding from this, the doctor when choosing a drug is guided by certain criteria, namely:
- the purpose of expanding the blood vessels;
- specific vessels, the tissues of which need to be affected;
- the presence of chronic diseases in the patient (in certain diseases, specific medications are categorically forbidden to use).
The mechanism of action of vasodilator drugs is based on the normalization of cerebral blood flow, strengthening and relaxation of vessels affected by spasm. The doctor, prescribing such medications, relies on certain goals:
- improve blood flow in the vessels of the brain;
- ensure the enrichment of the body cells with oxygen and beneficial substances;
- stabilize brain activity.
Vasodilator drugs prevent hypoxia of the brain, thereby eliminating the risk of death of its cells. In addition, such drugs contribute to:
- normalization of venous circulation;
- improving the metabolic process;
- restoration of normal blood flow in the cervical vessels with osteochondrosis;
- stabilization of energy exchange in neurons of the brain;
- relief of cerebrovascular spasms.
To adjust the work of the central nervous system, vasodilating drugs of a new generation are used, which differ in the direction and mechanism of their effect. Based on this, this group of medicines is divided into:
- Alpha-adrenoblockers. Such drugs expand the lumen and increase the peripheral blood flow. They reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the blood and normalize the glucose.
- Calcium channel blockers that have a relaxing and vasodilator effect. Due to this, the walls of the capillaries and coronary arteries expand, the arterial pressure drops. This helps prevent calcium from entering the brain cells.
- Vasodilator substances that reduce the intensity of blood flow and blood pressure on the walls of blood vessels. They promote an increase in the arterial lumen and improve the nutrition of tissues and cells of the body.
- Neurotropic drugs that improve the performance of the peripheral CNS.
- Myotropic antispasmodics. Their action is aimed at reducing muscle tone.
- Disaggregants. Such drugs have an antithrombotic effect and narrow the volume of blood flow lumens.
Homeopathic medicines, drugs based on medicinal plants and dietary supplements are prescribed for auxiliary therapy.
Preparations for cerebral vessels
The vasodilator preparations for the brain have some differences in the mechanism of their action. However, their main drawback is that they are able to affect other blood vessels in the body, which often leads to excessive lowering of blood pressure. It is for this reason that they should not be used by people prone to hypotension.
Among the modern vasoconstrictive drugs for the brain are very popular:
- Piracetam, which promotes more intensive elimination of glucose from the body. In parallel, the drug sets the blood circulation in the cells of the brain, it stops the headache and dizziness.
- Vazobral - a drug that helps normalize cerebral circulation, reduce the permeability of vascular walls, improve mental performance. With its help, the memory and attention are normalized, as well as the elimination of complications from the vestibular apparatus. The drug is prescribed in a dosage of 0.5 - 1 tablet in the morning and evening. Vazobral can be administered in the form of a solution, then its dose is from 2 to 4 ml twice a day.
- Mexidol - tablets for oral administration and solution for injection. Used to improve the circulation of blood in the vessels of the brain and their expansion, enriching its cells with oxygen and lowering cholesterol.
- Actovegin is one of the most effective drugs with vasodilating properties. He actively removes excess glucose from the body, relieves spasm of cerebral vessels, stimulates blood circulation.
If the patient suffers from manifestations of atherosclerotic processes, then using vasodilators can not only stop them, but also improve the functioning of the brain. High-speed drugs with this effect are:
- Papaverin - tablets and injections, which relieve spasm of cerebral vessels, as well as smooth muscles of the peritoneum.
- Cavinton is a vasodilator drug that eliminates disturbances in the process of cerebral circulation. Has a beneficial effect on the vessels of the brain, it stops the spasm and expands the lumen of the blood vessels.
- Angionorm is a medicament that exerts a vasodilating effect and has a beneficial effect on mental activity. Improves physical endurance, increases the stress-resistance of the body and normalizes the psycho-emotional state of a person.
Virtually all drugs for the brain have hypotensive properties. For this reason, they can be appointed exclusively by a doctor who will indicate the dosage and will draw up a detailed therapy regimen. It must be followed unswervingly to avoid dangerous consequences.
List of drugs for stroke of the brain
Blood clots in the brain, hypoxia, diabetes, deficiency of vitamins and elements are the factors that can cause the development of ischemic stroke. To restore brain activity and reduce blood pressure, the patient is prescribed special vasodilating drugs:
- Clopidogrel is a drug that is prescribed to patients who have had an attack of ischemic stroke, as well as to individuals who have been found to have increased clot aggregation. The daily dose is 1 tablet short.
- Crestarium. This drug is recommended to be included in the scheme of therapy for ischemic stroke as an auxiliary. It also works well for a significant increase in blood pressure. Tablets take 1-2 pills. per day once. It is advisable to take the reception in the morning.
- Ceraxon, which includes a nootropic active substance, promotes the regeneration of brain cells and tissues after a patient's ischemic stroke. Reduces the risk of memory disorders and thought processes, and also prevents a decrease in concentration. After suffering the CCT reduces the duration of the accompanying symptoms. With ischemic stroke, intravenous administration of the drug in a dosage of 1000 ml is recommended.
Vasodilator preparations for osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine leads to compression of the arteries, which leads to disruption of the process of blood supply to the brain. As a result, a person complains of constant fatigue, headache, dizziness, tinnitus and other unpleasant symptoms. This pathology requires a comprehensive therapeutic approach, which includes taking medications, conducting physiotherapy sessions, and taking special neck gymnastics.
The scheme of treatment must include vasodilator drugs. Often, doctors resort to the use of:
- Xantinol nicotinate.
The main objective of treatment for osteochondrosis is to restore blood circulation, arrest hypoxia of cerebral cells, the establishment of the metabolic process and the improvement of the conductive function of nerve fibers. Since osteochondrosis is a very complex and dangerous neurological disease, it is only a neurologist who can prescribe medications.
Medications to improve cerebral circulation in the elderly
Elderly people often have memory problems, there is a decrease in concentration, deterioration of hearing and vision. In such situations, drugs Nootropil and Fentropil are good. They can even be used for maintenance therapy in patients with Alzheimer's disease.
Equally effective are the means of Ginko, Memoplant and Tanakan. They improve memory, correct vision and hearing, give elasticity to blood vessels and are able to restore speech abilities and physical motor skills.
Synthetic vasodilators can cause a number of side effects. They can manifest themselves as:
- failures in the work of the kidneys and liver;
- addiction to the components of the drug;
- pre-occlusive condition.
Any vasodilator medicine has contraindications to the use, so use them only at the prescription of a doctor!
Stimulation of blood circulation by folk remedies
If one or another synthetic drug is contraindicated to the patient, the following folk remedies will help cope with the symptoms of an unpleasant pathology:
- Broth from the leaves of hawthorn and periwinkle. To prepare a medicine, it is necessary to mix for 1 hour. l. each of the herbs and pour 2 cups of boiling water. Put on fire, boil and leave to infuse for 2 hours. Take ½ cup before eating.
- Lemon and orange, from which you need to remove the bones (you need to leave the peel!), Twist it in a meat grinder. Add in the mass from 2 tbsp. l. fresh honey and mix well. Let it brew for 24 hours, then take 15 ml of medicine 3 times a day. This agent helps to cleanse the vessels.
- Mulberry leaves in an amount of 10 pieces pour half a liter of water and boil over low heat for a few minutes. Decoction to drink as a regular herbal daily.
Of great importance is the refusal of harmful food: fried, spicy, fatty, salty foods, lots of coffee. Alcoholic beverages are not prohibited from time to time, but in minimum quantities.
It is useful to periodically massage the neck and head. It helps to improve the blood circulation of the brain by combing the hair with a massage brush.
In order not to take vasodilator drugs, it is necessary to do preventive treatment of cerebral vascular pathologies beforehand. These diseases are dangerous because at the initial stage of development they practically do not manifest themselves. Consequently, it is almost impossible to react to them in a timely manner.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.