Vaginal discharge is normal for any woman, usually they are whitish in color and do not have a sharp pronounced odor, these characteristics may vary slightly depending on the day of the menstrual cycle, food, immunity and under the influence of various medications. Brown discharge in women can sometimes really scare, what can they talk about when they are the norm?
- Why does a woman have brown discharge
- Brown discharge from the urethra
- Brown selection in the middle of the cycle
Causes of secretions with an unpleasant smell in women Causes and Treatment of Fish Odor in Women Causes of watery discharge in women Purulent discharge in women - causes and treatment We get rid of the discharge of women at home without any problems
Normally, female secretions contain the transudate, the secret of glands located in the organs of the reproductive system, the particles of the epithelium to which the vagina is lined. The whitish color and sour, but not unpleasant odor is caused by the activity of the microflora of the vagina. Due to disorders in the microflora and various diseases, the color and odor of secretions can vary, the changes can be roughly judged on the infection or disease.
Mucous brown discharge may be a sign of a serious illness, but depending on the phase of the cycle and the intake of various drugs, especially hormones, they can be considered the norm. This character of the secret must necessarily be alerted against the background of the appearance of the following signs:
- the appearance of brown secretions or secretions with an admixture of blood between menstruations, while the woman does not take hormonal drugs;
- there is pain in the lower abdomen or in the region of the waist, in the area of the external genitalia and vagina there is dryness and burning sensations, painful sensations that increase with urination and sexual intercourse, there are rashes on the mucous membrane;
- excretions occur with menopause, with the last menstruation was a long time ago, a year or more passed from it, their appearance during menopause can talk about the development of a serious pathology;
- bloody and brownish discharge appear after sexual intercourse.
In general, the brownish color of the discharge usually indicates the presence of blood in them, therefore, at different phases of the menstrual cycle, their appearance can be called the norm. However, if there are other symptoms of various gynecological diseases, you should consult your doctor.
Important!If the appearance of brownish discharge has occurred with an increase in the body's overall temperature, you need to see a doctor immediately, this may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process.
Why does a woman have brown discharge
There are many causes of brown secretions, in the first place it is worth considering in which case the presence of a brown secret is considered normal:
- The emergence of such impurities in a secret before the onset of menstruation - a day or several hours. In this case, this is a natural condition with the gradual onset of menstruation.
- The appearance of such a secret immediately after the menstrual period is the gradual termination of menstruation.
- Dark brown discharge between menstruation on the background of taking hormonal drugs. In this case, they are a side effect of taking medications, but it is advisable to consult a doctor, it may be better to choose another remedy.
- Red-brown secret after active sex. In this case, they arise due to insignificant micro-traumas of the mucosa, this phenomenon is also common after the first contact in life or for a long period of time. The next time you just have to be careful, microtraumas are not dangerous, but their occurrence in any case is undesirable.
Brown discharge in place of menstruation may also be the norm for women taking hormonal contraceptives. Due to some funds, some menstruation women completely disappear, instead of them there may be spotting.
Brown discharge from the urethra
In some cases, it is extremely important to understand if brownish discharge appears together with urine when urinating. Brown discharge and frequent urination indicate the occurrence of urethritis or cystitis - inflammatory diseases of the urethra and bladder. In this case, when you urinate, burning occurs, there is pain in the lower abdomen or lower back.
With these diseases, the temperature can rise, usually symptomatology develops with colds or with a background of hypothermia. If such symptoms occur, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible. Brown discharge in cystitis usually comes from the urethra with urine, so you can notice them after urinating on toilet paper or underwear.
Brown selection in the middle of the cycle
The brownish secret between menstruations is a rather alarming symptom, if a woman does not take any hormonal medications. The most common causes of this symptomatology are the following conditions:
- Uterine bleeding. It is usually caused by extremely serious diseases: endometritis, erosion of the cervix, various neoplasms, including malignant ones. Especially should be alerted if the discharge occurs every time after sexual intercourse, even rather mild.
- Intermenstrual bleeding. These bleedings are usually caused by less serious factors, most often these are various traumas of the genitals, stresses, metabolic disorders, the effects of certain medications.
Important!When there are brown and bloody inclusions in a secret, you must make ultrasound of the pelvic organs and a smear.
Yellowish-brown discharge with an unpleasant odor can indicate the occurrence of an infection, usually transmitted sexually. In this case, itching and burning sensation in the genital area usually occurs, pain and discomfort occur during sexual intercourse.
In pregnancy, the appearance of a brownish secret is an extremely disturbing symptom, as it can speak of various violations of fetal development, a possible miscarriage. If you have blood during pregnancy, especially at later gestational periods, you need to urgently consult your doctor. If you do not intervene in time, you can lose the child.
In older women, a bloody and brownish secret is an extremely disturbing sign, especially if enough time has passed after the onset of menopause. It can talk about the development of oncology, so you need to immediately turn to a gynecologist.
Treatment of diseases that cause such symptoms depends on the exact factor. Various means can be used from local ointments and suppositories to surgical intervention. If brown discharge occurs on the background of hormonal drugs, it is recommended to try a change of funds.
In general, do not delay when this symptom occurs. Self-medication is highly undesirable, it can lead to a worsening of the condition regardless of the disease.