- Common causes
- Special features
- Constipation treatment
- Feeding characteristics
- Related videos
Constipation is characterized by difficulty or incomplete evacuation of the intestine. Very often this problem torments women during lactation. And there is no fundamental difference in whether they gave birth naturally or whether a cesarean section had to be done. Because of abdominal pain, swelling, a sense of heaviness, nausea, it's hard to enjoy your motherhood. It is not necessary to put up with this phenomenon.
First of all, it is important to establish why there are problems in the work of the intestine and to eliminate the provoking factor. In this article, we will talk in detail about constipation during breastfeeding. We learn why there are no violations with emptying after delivery, as well as learn about simple methods to combat this delicate state.
Common causes of
Many women wonder why the intestinal problems began during lactation. There is a huge list of provoking factors in the occurrence of constipation after childbirth and almost all of them, one way or another, are related to the birth of a child. A major role in the appearance of problems with evacuation specialists are assigned to physiological factors:
- hormonal background change;
- congenital abnormalities of the intestine;
- reception of antibacterial agents that also destroy useful bacteria responsible for normal intestinal motility;
- weakening of the muscles of the press and perineum;
- for some time after delivery, the uterus has a large size and squeezes the intestines;
- bias of the intestine to its physiological site;
- improper nutrition, low fluid intake. Women can eat less because of fear of gaining weight. This may also be associated with postpartum depression;
- disorders of the motor activity of the intestine.
In some cases, constipation after delivery during breastfeeding may be associated with psychological reasons:
- because a child requires a lot of attention, a woman may simply not pay attention to the urge to defecate or simply ignore them. As a result, the intestine stops producing natural signals;
- , women are often stitched in tears, hemorrhoids, Caesarean section, so they may be afraid to strain;
- stress and anxiety in connection with new responsibilities;
- overwork, lack of sleep, fatigue.
Inadequate fluid intake is one of the main causes of constipation with
It is important to listen to your body, analyze the lifestyle, nutrition and try to understand what could cause the problem. According to statistics, in more than seventy percent of cases, insufficient fluid intake is the cause of constipation.
Other causes can cause problems with defecation:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- inflammatory processes in the intestine;
- occurrence of a new pregnancy;
- Drug Administration.
Characteristic features of
Constipation during lactation manifests itself as a whole complex of symptoms:
- cramping pain;
- bloating and rumbling in the abdomen;
- feces become tuberous and dense;
- heaviness in the abdomen;
- sensation of incomplete emptying;
- an unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth;
- nervousness, apathy;
- problems with sleeping;
- reduced performance;
- frequent headaches.
Constipation causes cramping pain in abdomen
Specialists distinguish two main forms of constipation - spastic and atonic. In the first case, the difficulties of peristalsis are caused by an increased intestinal tone. Cal leaves in small portions in the form of a hard pressed stool. Most often, spastic constipation is caused by psychological reasons.
Appears in the form of paroxysmal pain in the left side of the abdomen, flatulence, nausea, lack of appetite, nervousness, fatigue. First of all, women with spastic constipation are recommended to adjust the regime of the day. Young mother needs to sleep and rest. Also it is necessary to adjust the food, drink more water and do not use prohibited products.
When atony, the tonus of the muscular wall of the intestine, on the contrary, is weakened. The cause of sluggish peristalsis may be a cesarean section, inaccuracies in the diet or taking some medications. An atonic constipation can lead to tearing in the rectum and anus, as well as the appearance of feces with blood.
Women with atony are disturbed by the drawing and aching pains in the abdomen, there is a feeling of fullness of the intestine, nausea, flatulence. It will not be enough to struggle with domestic measures alone, the condition requires skilled help from a specialist.
Treatment of constipation
Treatment of emptying problems should be integrated. Restore the work of the intestines will help drugs, folk remedies, diet and physical activity. If a woman begins to take regular laxative drugs to cope with constipation, this can lead to addiction. As a result, the intestine will cease to fulfill its function of movement and evacuation of stool.
During lactation, women are allowed to use such laxatives: lactulose syrup, Dufalac, Forlax. It is worth not forgetting about banned drugs, they include Dr. Theiss, Regulax, Gutalax.
Glycerin suppositories will help you to get rid of intestinal problems
Glycerin suppositories are a quick and effective way to solve this delicate problem. It is a safe remedy that acts directly on the intestines. Suppositories immediately dissolve, lubricating and softening the stool masses. Candles not only facilitate the passage of feces through the intestines, but also stimulate motor skills. Usually the urge to defecate comes in five to ten minutes.
Glycerin suppositories have unconditional advantages, among them:
- is clinically proven high performance;
- no side effects;
- rapid therapeutic effect;
- excluded the possibility of dehydration and disturbance of the water-electrolyte balance;
- the active substance is not absorbed into the systemic circulation;
- high quality;
- affordable cost.
Do not use the drug for individual intolerance to components, exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids, inflammation of the rectum, neoplasms. Also, experts say, glycerin suppositories are an emergency aid, it should not be used systematically. Uncontrolled use can lead to a decrease in motor function and a decrease in physiological emptying.
Enema is an extreme measure, not an everyday procedure. Uncontrolled cleansing can lead to dysbiosis. Bowel rinsing improves peristalsis and dilutes dense stool masses. You can make an enema based on flax seeds. A tablespoon of the product is poured into a glass of boiling water and insisted for three hours. It will take three or four procedures. The total mass of infusions should not exceed fifty milliliters.
Enema helps to eliminate severe constipation. In the postpartum period, several types of enemas can be made:
- cleansing .To make it, take boiled water at room temperature. A woman should have a feeling of filling the intestine. In order to achieve the maximum therapeutic effect, one should not immediately go "big", but suffer a little;
- oil-based .As a basis, you can take sea buckthorn oil. One hundred grams of water is enough to take three tablespoons of vegetable oil. Unlike the first procedure, in the case of an oily enema there will be no instantaneous effect, you will feel the result in about ten hours. It is better to perform the procedure before bedtime;
- hydrochloric .A teaspoon of table salt should be filled with half a glass of water. At a time, no more than half of the solution should be used. The effect will be observed after about thirty minutes.
Non-traditional recipes differ in their naturalness, so it is believed that treating constipation after childbirth folk remedies is much more useful and effective. But practice shows that this is not quite so in fact.
Sometimes broths and infusions of medicinal plants are very active and can act with great intensity on the intestines. As a result, a woman will already begin to suffer not from constipation, but from diarrhea. It is extremely important to consult a doctor before deciding which remedy to take to normalize the bowels.
At home, you can use folk recipes
Consider effective recipes for the treatment of spastic constipation:
- decoction of figs. The fruit should be thoroughly rinsed under running water. Two tablespoons of chopped figs are poured into a glass of hot water or milk. After cooling the broth, it should be taken on a tablespoon;
- potato juice. Purified potatoes should be passed through a blender or a meat grinder. Then, using gauze, squeeze the juice. Divorced in equal proportions with water, the juice is consumed 50 ml before meals;
- prepare a medicinal collection from nettle, diced, anise fruit, valerian officinalis, strawberry, mint and chamomile. A tablespoon of dry ingredients is poured into a glass of boiling water and allowed to stand for one hour. The filtered solution is taken in half a glass in the morning and in the evening.
If constipation was caused by intestinal atony, such medicinal preparations will help:
- take in equal proportions the fruits of fennel, caraway and anise. A tablespoon of dry raw material is poured into 200 ml of water and leave to infuse for half an hour. The liquid is filtered and taken by a third of the glass before eating;
- combine fruits of mountain ash, oregano, blackberry leaves, nettle and fennel fruit. Pour a tablespoon of medicinal collection with a glass of boiling water. The agent should be infused for an hour in a thermos bottle. Then the filtered liquid is drunk fifty milliliters after eating.
The following plants have a planar effect:
- fruits of anise;
- valerian root;
- wild strawberry.
Use of folk recipes is allowed after consultation with a doctor
Features of the
diet The diet and diet regimen play an important role in the treatment of constipation after childbirth. Women are encouraged to eat more foods high in fiber: raw vegetables, fruits, berries, dried fruits, bran, nuts. A large amount of organic acids is found in fermented milk products, as well as vegetable and fruit juices.
It is worthwhile to understand that laxative action has fresh kefir and yogurt. On the second day after cooking, the product will have a binding effect. The menu of women with constipation should include vegetable oils, bran, steamed vegetables, boiled beets, oatmeal. Prohibited products include white bread, legumes, strong tea, semolina, walnuts, hard cheese, polished rice.
Women need to drink as much natural water as possible. The day should begin with a glass of clean water. For taste, you can add a little honey and lemon juice. It is also recommended to drink compotes from dried fruits, decoction of gooseberry. In this case, it is necessary to exclude whole milk and carbonated drinks.
Do not forget about simple preventive measures that will help prevent intestinal disorders in the future:
- perform a set of postpartum exercises aimed at strengthening the muscles of the abdominal and perineal muscles;
- do not get carried away with taking medications to eliminate constipation. Laxatives are an extreme measure;
- observe the correct diet and drinking;
- in the presence of any pathology of the intestine, see a specialist;
- , when natural signals appear to empty the bowels, go to the bathroom;
- do not forget about the full sleep and rest;
- more move;
- do not worry about trifles, try not to take difficulties to heart.
So, constipation after childbirth is often a phenomenon associated with hormonal reorganization, stressful situations, the presence of seams. But most often the cause of problems with bowel movement is the woman's malnutrition and insufficient intake of fluids. On the question of how to get rid of constipation after childbirth, doctors have long found the answer. To maintain the normal operation of the intestine will need a whole range of activities.
It's not enough just to drink some medicine. The health of the intestines largely depends on your lifestyle, motor activity, diet and diet. The fight against constipation is not a temporary phenomenon. If you want the problem in the future not to arise again, let the right food become your way of life.