- Causes and nature of the pain syndrome
- Why does diarrhea occur?
- Main pathologies of
- Features of the child
- Related Videos
If a patient complains of having a "stomach and diarrhea" at the reception, then the main questions the doctor causes pain. Experienced therapists have more than once convinced:
- Most adults vaguely remember the anatomy and are not very versed in what kind of abdominal pain should be considered gastric. The most "experienced" are the chronicles with gastritis, peptic ulcer.
- The projection of the pain zone coincides with the location of the nerve network under the well-known name "solar plexus".It collects impulses from all parts of the abdomen, so it is not a fact that the pains have arisen because of malfunctions with the stomach.
- Each patient makes a description of his feelings subjectively. This means that one adult has a strong anxiety from minor signs, and the other - will persist in waiting in a serious condition, but will not call an ambulance home.
Therefore, in order to be more specific in understanding the feelings and condition of patients, the doctor needs to inquire in detail about the disturbing symptoms.
Causes and nature of the pain syndrome
When the stomach is aching, a person is able to show the most pronounced place. The stomach is projected onto the body in the epigastric zone, the so-called upper abdominal region, located between the ribs.
The pain in the intestine is manifested depending on the involved department: around the navel is more often concerned about the small intestine, in the side sections of the left and right - thick loops, in the inguinal zone to the right - the blind and appendicular process, to the left - the sigmoid and the straight. We will not disassemble atypical localization. It is important that the patient has an idea of the importance of an accurate indication of the focus.
Stomach pain and diarrhea can indicate functional or organic damage to the digestive tract. Functional - are associated with a violation of the contractile function of the muscular system when the incoming signal is broken from the brain. Organic causes are always caused by the disease.
Pain in the epigastric zone associated with the stomach usually appears half an hour after eating, eating spicy foods with roasted fatty meat, alcohol, soda water
They can be bursting, dull, aching, persistent or temporary. Accompanied by heartburn, belching, nausea. Such signs are most similar to muscle layer dysfunction( hypotension), which occurs against the backdrop of unrest, after the stress, inflammatory process( gastritis), esophagitis( in the lower esophagus).
Acute, cramping, severe pains cause:
- spastic reduction of stomach muscles in hypertensive type of dysfunction;
- mechanical obstruction( swelling, stone, swelling) in the common duct of the gallbladder and duodenum, pancreatitis;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum;
- gastroenteritis of infectious nature.
Why does diarrhea occur?
In addition to the described signs, patients are often concerned with abdominal pain and loose stools, bloating, blood, mucus and pus may be present in the stool. When the stomach turns and it is impossible to move away from the toilet for a long time, the plans are broken, the mood worsens, weakness appears, and sometimes the body temperature rises.
Abdominal cramps and diarrhea can occur for the following reasons:
- as a result of irritation of the intestines by malnutrition, by the search for fatty and spicy food;
- for agitation and fear - the mechanism is of central origin;
- if the intestinal wall is affected by parasites( helminths), pathogenic bacteria in intestinal infections( dysentery, cholera, salmonellosis);
- with a lack of intake of pancreatic and bile enzymes to ensure the cleavage of the contents;
- when intestines are not processed food in the stomach, chronic enterocolitis develops;
- because of the manifestation of individual intolerance to certain products, allergic reaction;
- as a manifestation of appendicitis;
- in Crohn's disease( inflammation of various parts of the intestine with ulceration of the wall).
Liquid stools and abdominal pain can reflect and represent part of the symptoms of many digestive system diseases.
When assessing the nature of diarrhea, the doctor will ask about the prescription, frequency, the presence of similar symptoms in family members or employees, the connection with food. This is important for detecting differences in food poisoning and chronic disease. One of the reasons why the stomach hurts and often pulls the toilet can be a malignant tumor of the stomach and intestines.
Basic pathologies of
Diseases of the stomach and intestines are acute or chronic with occasional exacerbations. We will dwell briefly on each disease, accompanied by diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Dyskinesia of the stomach and intestines
Many health problems occur in a person due to nervous overloads, inability to organize a working day, coping with stress. Functional disorders are perceived very painfully, as their own inferiority.
At rest, during the active rest period the condition improves, pain disappears, the stool is normalized. Patients are recommended calming physiotherapy, shower, massage, light sedatives.
Special tablets with antibacterial action only harm
It is very important to understand that without the creation of normal conditions in the near future such active people are likely to have an organic pathology, especially peptic ulcer.
Inflammation of the intestine of infectious nature is most often affected by groups of people associated with work activities, children's groups( kindergarten, summer camp, boarding schools).It is important not to observe the rules of hygiene( washing hands with soap), lack of proper cleaning of premises, the appearance of bacterial carriers in the kitchen.
The patients have the same symptoms:
- moderately or strongly hurts the stomach and diarrhea occurs up to 15-20 times a day;
- often raises temperature;
- hurts and dizzy, constantly vomiting;worried about vomiting.
Adult patients characterize pains as twisting. Sensation is supported by increased contraction of the small intestine. Possible tenesmus - false desires for evacuation. The most serious condition is caused by the loss of fluid and salts, from which children are primarily affected. Therefore, in case of diarrhea, it is recommended that the child always give him water.
When examined, the doctor determines soreness throughout the abdomen, rumbling and spasticity. For dysentery the most characteristic is the identification in the left lower part of the compaction in the form of a strand, this is the sigmoid colon. The feces contain a lot of mucus and blood.
Diseases are treated with special antibacterial drugs. Enterosorbents are used to enhance the removal of destroyed bacteria. Particular attention is paid to the intestinal form of the flu. For viral reasons, antibiotics are ineffective. Treatment is carried out by antiviral agents, immunomodulators, vitamins.
To severe consequences can result in eating poor-quality products, inedible mushrooms and berries, their improper culinary processing.
Toxicologists annually warn mushroom pickers about symptoms of poisoning
Clinical course of acute, severe symptoms appear several hours after eating. Usually all participants in the feast become ill. The pains in the stomach are of a cutting nature, accompanied by frequent loose stools, repeated vomiting. In vomit masses are visible food remains, bile.
At the forefront is intoxication with neurological symptoms: the patient is first excited, then drowsed, there may be convulsions in the limbs, visual and hearing impairment. The lesion is caused by toxins released by the products.
Patient at home can wash the stomach, give plenty of drink, activated charcoal or other enterosorbents. Be sure to call an ambulance. Often patients need the introduction of venom antagonist substances, intravenous intake of drugs that maintain blood pressure, removing intoxication.
Attack of appendicitis
Acute inflammation of the appendix processes with pain and diarrhea. The beginning is sudden. In half of the cases of classical flow there are pains in the epigastric region or throughout the abdomen, after a few hours they are localized in the iliac region to the right.
The person "turns his stomach", there is diarrhea. Such a masking clinic delays seeking medical help, since everyone thinks about poisoning, they begin to wash the stomach.
The pain intensifies gradually, the temperature rises. The maximum symptomatology is 3-5 days. Because of the transition of inflammation to the stage of phlegmon, the pain becomes pulsating, "jerking".
Intoxication is expressed in nausea, repeated vomiting, lack of appetite, pallor of skin
Patient with these pains must urgently be hospitalized in the surgical department. In case of doubt in the diagnosis the doctor can observe the patient no more than 24 hours. More research is being done. Treatment is only prompt.
In people with chronic gastritis, the disease is undulating. Exacerbations occur when a violation of diet, unrest. There are pains in the epigastrium, which are described as "spasms in the stomach", stool disorders.
Diarrheal disorders can take the form of both diarrhea and constipation. With diarrhea, the frequency of the stool is no more than 2-3 times a day. Some patients note improvement of pain after defecation.
No signs of intoxication. Nausea can be prolonged. Involvement in the process of the lower part of the esophagus is accompanied by diffuse pain behind the breastbone, reminiscent of cardiac, heartburn.
Diarrhea gradually disappears after relieving the exacerbation of gastritis. Patients take antispasmodics, drugs with enveloping effect, a warm chamomile broth, with increased acidity and heartburn - drugs that neutralize gastric juice.
Ulcers are localized in the stomach or in the duodenum. The pains differ in time: the lesion of the stomach gives a reaction to food after 30 minutes-hour, and the duodenum "responds" after 1.5-2 hours or with hungry pains.
These differences rarely look classically, because an ulcer in one department usually develops inflammation in the neighboring one. The exacerbations are seasonal: they occur more often in spring and autumn. Are provoked by hard work, stress, a violation of diet. Pain syndrome is intense.
Patient-ulcer takes an involuntary pose curled "in a ball", pressing his hands to the stomach
Patients are usually excited, diarrhea is infrequent. Special attention deserves sudden dagger pain, the allocation of black liquid feces. This indicates a possible complication: perforation of the ulcer into the abdominal cavity and bleeding. There comes a rapid weighting of the state. The patient complains of growing weakness, dizziness, nausea, darkening in the eyes.
With peptic ulcer, preventive treatment is carried out twice a year. This measure avoids exacerbations. Increased pain requires taking antispasmodics, an urgent call to a doctor. Survey of the surgeon and examination help to reveal the indications for the operation.
Unclear pathology( Crohn's disease) is manifested by the defeat of various areas of the intestine.perhaps - the stomach. Right-sided zones most often suffer. Inflammation is accompanied by the formation of ulcers, wall defects.
Patients are suffering from diarrhea with blood and mucus, pain throughout the abdominal belly, cramping, flatulence. Due to impaired absorption of nutrients, anemia appears, avitaminosis, a person loses weight.
Neoplasms of the stomach and intestines can persistently leak for a long time, without causing intense pain. And the person does not take seriously the discomfort and periodic diarrhea. When diarrhea becomes permanent, weight is lost, pain becomes stronger, people turn to the doctor.
This error allows the tumor to germinate into neighboring organs. Treatment is not without surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. The most frequent zone of intestinal lesions is colorectal( descending, sigmoid and rectum).
Features of the child
Observations of pediatricians show that the child is much more likely than the adult to have a stomach ache, which is accompanied by diarrhea:
- in case of an allergic reaction to food, milk, especially during the menu expansion and the introduction of new complementary foods;
- infection with helminths;
- influenza and respiratory diseases;
- treatment with antibiotics.
Dysbacteriosis is manifested by pain in the abdomen after diarrhea. Violation of the ratio of intestinal bacteria causes medicines. Without them, it is impossible to do and parents should not refuse treatment, if there are reasons. But it's unreasonable to give the baby a pill alone.
For the restoration of intestinal flora, probiotics and prebiotics are used. These drugs contain the necessary bacteria and substances that contribute to their growth. Drugs are also shown to adult patients during recovery.
Do not try to feed the patient in case of improvement to feed the patient, it is better to provide short-term fasting and protective regime
For those who are worried about the question of what to do with abdominal pain and diarrhea and how to act properly, if a loved one is ill, we offer the solutions:
- is ideal - to call an ambulance and rely on the advice of a doctor, they will be offered hospitalization - do not give up, in a hospital there are more chances to get the necessary therapy and undergo an examination;
- if vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain are clearly provoked by food poisoning, then you can rinse the stomach with boiled water at room temperature with the addition of a weak concentration of potassium permanganate, give activated charcoal immediately 4 tablets, drink Regidron and wait for an ambulance;
- it is impossible to stuff the sick with juices, tea, it is best to drink ordinary water or a decoction of chamomile;
- do not put a heating pad on the stomach, warming promotes bleeding, increases inflammation with appendicitis;
- it is impossible to put cleaning enemas, it will be decided only by the doctor after the examination;
- do not forget that with the temperature, diarrhea and pains do not need to go to the polyclinic, the doctor is called at home.
Trying to help a loved one, try to explain the need for examination and further treatment, compliance with the diet, harm from unauthorized use of medications.