1Symptoms and Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Spine
- 1.1Cervical spondylosis
- 1.2Lumbosacral arthritis
- 1.3Ankylosing spondylitis
- 1.4Unco-vertebral inflammation
- 1.5Neurological disorders in arthritis
- 1.6Therapy of rheumatic damage of the cervical department
- 1.7Conservative therapy for Bechterew's disease
- 1.8Folk medicine on guard of health
2Osteoarthritis of the spine: causes, symptoms and treatment
- 2.1Symptoms and treatment of spinal arthrosis
- 2.2Stages of vertebral arthrosis
- 2.3Common symptoms of arthrosis
- 2.4Symptoms of arthrosis in different parts of the spine
- 2.5Treatment of spinal arthrosis
3Etiology of rheumatoid arthritis of the spine in the lumbar and thoracic regions
- 3.1Arthritis of the spine - what is it?
- 3.2Arthritis in the thoracic region
- 3.3Arthritis in the lumbosacral spine
- 3.4Traditional treatment of spine arthritis
- 3.5Folk methods from arthritis of the spine
4Spine arthritis: symptoms and treatment options
- 4.1general characteristics
- 4.2Causes of the disease
- 4.3Types of disease
- 4.7Anti-inflammatory treatment
- 4.8Hormonal therapy
- 4.9Cytostatic therapy
- 4.10Immunodepressant treatment
- 4.12Antibacterial treatment
- 4.13Local Therapy
- 4.14The mechanical effect on immunity
5Cervical arthritis: causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention
- 5.1Causes of cervical arthritis
- 5.2Symptoms of neck arthritis
- 5.3Treatment of arthritis of the cervical spine
- 5.4Causes of arthrosis in the cervical region
- 5.5Timely diagnosis is the key to successful treatment
- 5.6Prevention is better than cure
Symptoms and Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Spine
Full immobility (ankylosis) and ossification of the entire ligamentous apparatus develop with arthritis of the spine, the symptoms of the inflammatory process are noted even in a state of rest.
In the patient rib-vertebral joints are affected. The disease extends to the thoracic and lumbar regions.
The life potential of a person decreases, the aging of the whole organism progresses.
With rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine develops chronic inflammation.
The pathological process begins in the occipital region, there are pains that give eyes and ears. Symptoms of the pathological process:
- a feeling of discomfort in the arms and shoulders;
- the appearance of tingling and numbness on the back of the neck.
Over time, muscle atrophy develops.
If the process extends to the thoracic spine, there are pains such as intercostal neuralgia, a gait violation, problems with urination appear.
Often, a spastic contraction of muscles on the hands develops. The defeat of the cervical spine is accompanied by pain, which increases with physical activity.
At the initial stage of the inflammatory process, unpleasant sensations appear periodically and quickly pass. Rheumatoid arthritis of the spine is characterized by a gradual increase in pain disorders that do not disappear after rest, often worse at night.
The presence of concomitant pathology worsens the condition of a person. The more changes appear in the cervical spine, which affect the nerves and blood vessels, the greater the degree of the disease. Especially the occipital nerve, which is affected by inflammation of the cervical vertebrae, suffers.
Over time, the patient becomes immobile.
The disease progresses in old age, accompanied by the destruction of cartilaginous tissue, the formation of growths. With rheumatoid arthritis, discomfort appears, the inflammatory process increases, the static function of the lumbar spine is impaired.
Local discomfort occurs in the back and literally paralyzes the entire body.
The patient notes the appearance of a feeling of stiffness, which is permanent in nature. The pain extends to the muscles located in the upper back.
It has a piercing or pulling character, is strengthened after physical exertion..
In the lesion of the lumbar spine, the patient experiences discomfort in the upper third of the thigh, muscle tension, weakening of skin sensitivity. The person becomes irritable, listless, complains of insomnia and fatigue..
Discomfort is aggravated by coughing, sneezing, and movement. The patient takes a forced pose. Observe the tension of the muscles of the waist. An attack of intolerable pain is associated with the destruction of the fibrous ring surrounding the vertebra.
The main symptom is radicular pain caused by overload, hypodynamia or excess weight. Unpleasant sensations are permanent, worsen at night and decrease at rest. Often develops inflammation of the iris of the eye - irit.
The patient has pelvic and sensory disorders, the sensitivity of the nerves is disturbed. Several later, there are multiple paralysis complicating the course of the disease.
With the development of the pathological process and the destruction of the vertebrae, local pains are replaced by radicular syndrome, which proceeds with nerve damage. The patient feels a growing weakness in the legs.
There is a decreased skin sensitivity in the region of the outer edge of the foot, on the sole, on the heel.
A person complains of insomnia, a bad condition during the day, a decrease in working capacity, a headache, sweating.
Discomfort in the spine is accompanied by a violation of sexual activity.
In the later stages of spondyloarthritis, paralysis of the lower extremities occurs, loss of sensitivity in the muscles of the perineum. The patient has bedsores.
The rheumatic process is complicated by a dystrophic lesion of the cervical vertebrae. The first attacks of arthrosis - pain in the neck, muscle tension, forced position of the head. Unpleasant sensations are aggravated by sneezing and coughing, accompanied by a crunch.
The patient experiences pain in the area of the scapula and on the posterior surface of the forearm. A person complains of dizziness, weakness, increased anxiety. In the case of development of the vertebral artery syndrome symptoms of cerebral circulation disorders are observed.
The patient is in a state of excitement, complains of pain in the eye, noise in the head, flashing "flies" before the eyes. Arterial blood pressure rises, hearing worsens..
Progression of arthrosis is accompanied by the appearance of subluxations of unco-vertebral joints. The expressed painful syndrome arises at turns of a head aside and bend of a neck..
Sometimes there are unpleasant spontaneous sensations, muscle tone rises.
At a developed stage, the pathology of the optic nerves develops.
Neurological disorders in arthritis
Depending on the location of the pathological process, cerebral or peripheral blood vessels are affected. In the final stage of the disease, the patient experiences complete degeneration of the nervous tissue.
The clinical picture is represented by defects in sensitivity, disturbances in vegetative innervation, and decreased tendon reflexes.
The patient is weakened by cellular immune mechanisms. The motor functions completely change with severe forms of arthritis,
there is complete destruction of the axon.
Often, young patients have flaccid paralysis of the lower extremities. Often facial nerves are affected, reduced, and then tendon reflexes completely disappear. With chronic neuropathies, the patient complains of muscular atrophy, the appearance of sensitive disorders.
Therapy of rheumatic damage of the cervical department
Treatment of exacerbation of pain is carried out in several stages. The patient is securely fixed to the spine, representing a bed with a hard mattress. Assign thermal procedures, intramuscular injections of analgesics. With the appearance of burning pain, the following drugs are administered:
It is recommended to use medicines:
- pepper plaster;
The patient is prescribed injections of B vitamins.
In the case of disease progression, plasma exchange is performed for 2 weeks. Accept immunosuppressors:
Simultaneously, they are treated with diuretics, potassium and calcium preparations. In case of a decrease in cellular immunity, immunomodulators are used:
At all stages of therapy successfully used drugs that reduce muscle tone:
Treatment should be intense during periods of exacerbation and remission of the disease. The patient is prescribed antihistamines and antidepressants. With pelvic disorders, massage and therapeutic gymnastics help.
Conservative therapy for Bechterew's disease
Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis is prolonged. The doctor prescribes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
Corticosteroids are traditional drugs for treating internal organs. They are injected into the cavity of the joint bag. Ineffective for the therapy of gold preparations, immunosuppressants. You can treat the disease with the help of physiotherapy procedures and massage.
Particular attention is paid to the development of joint mobility. The patient is recommended to practice restorative physical training.
Exercises are performed 2 times a day for 30 minutes. Improvement occurs after 2-3 weeks of treatment..
However, a lasting effect can be achieved only if they are carried out regularly (within 8-12 months)..
Treatment at the initial stage of the disease to prevent curvature of the spine involves walking on skis and swimming.
The patient is contraindicated in running, jumping, staying in a cold and damp room.
During an exacerbation of the pathological process, the exercises are performed lying on your stomach or standing on all fours.
Folk medicine on guard of health
Stop the inflammation process helps ointment on herbs. It consists of the following plants:
- crushed, sifted roots of valerian;
- rhizome of ayr marsh;
- grass yarrow;
- leaves of peppermint;
- birch mushroom (chaga);
- ground grain corn.
The ground raw material is mixed with unrefined vegetable oil and kept in a dark place for 2 months. Therapeutic extract is used for external use.
The following means have analgesic properties:
- tincture of birch buds, intended for grinding and compressing;
- ointment from the herb St. John's wort.
With Bekhterev's disease, treatment is carried out with the help of cones of ordinary hops.
They are mixed with hips, marigold flowers, herb celandine, pre-ground in a coffee grinder.
The collection is prepared in a sealed container and insisted in a thermos all night. Take courses before the onset of improvement.
A painful attack helps stop the juice from the roots of celery odorous. It is necessary to drink a glass of drink a day. Sore and puffiness removes tincture from the crushed rhizomes of the saber and lapchatka erect (kalgan). The course of treatment lasts 1 month.
Prevent the development of destructive processes in the body of plants that have an anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. The collection includes nettle leaves, dioecious, flax seeds, corn stigmas. The main condition - treatment should be long.
During therapy, stressful situations should be avoided.
It is necessary to monitor the patient's diet so that the body does not lack the vitamins C and PP.
In the diet include oranges, dog rose, black currant. It is useful to eat buckwheat, cow's milk, fresh fish, rabbit meat.
With Bechterew's disease, it is necessary to limit carbohydrates and refractory fats. Recommended fish oil, honey, garlic.
Nature helps healing, if you believe in the power of plants and medicines and succeed.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/pozvonochnik/spondilit/artrit-pozvonochnika.html
Osteoarthritis of the spine: causes, symptoms and treatment
In our spine is more than thirty vertebrae, connected together by facet joints. And this means that he, like any bone joint, is prone to joint diseases. It did not pass him and such a misfortune asarthrosis of the spine.
The word "arthrosis" is consonant with the name of another vertebral pathology - osteochondrosis. Such consonance is not without reason - the nature of both diseases is the same, with only one difference:
- Osteochondrosis destroys the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral disc
- Osteoarthritis - cartilage of joints
Symptoms and treatment of spinal arthrosis
This disease also has another heaviest form, in which not only the cartilage, but all the joint tissues, osteoarthritis, are destroyed. Moreover, other elements of the joint apparatus are involved in the process:
- subchondral bone
- periarticular muscles
The nature of arthrosis is multilayered. Its causes are sometimes hidden deeply, and even may not be elucidated. Then it is called idiopathic.
This is considered an age-related disease, which is ill after 60 years, but the disease can develop as a result of very many reasons.
The cause of arthrosis of the spine
- Most often - a traumatic joint damage. Trauma is a perfect soil for development after spinal arthrosis, as it is often complicated by inflammation, suppuration and internal metabolic disorders
- Congenital joint dysplasia leading to its abnormal biomechanics is the second most frequent cause
- Inflammations of an autoimmune nature: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (second name: Bechterew's disease)
- Purulent and specific infections (staphylococcus, tick-borne encephalitis, syphilis, gonorrhea)
- Genetic factors:
The most important is the mutation of the fibrillar protein (collagen), which provides elastic properties and strength of the cartilage and bone tissue.
.Thus, arthrosis can be inherited
- Endocrine diseases (eg, estrogen deficiency during menopause in women)
- Disrupted internal metabolism
- Lack of essential micronutrients
Contribute to the development of arthrosis of the spine, although they are not directly its causes, such factors:
- Too much weight (fat people almost always have joints)
- Constant hypothermia
- Living or working in an environment with poor ecology (the presence of chemical toxic substances, harmful fumes, gases, etc.)
- Operations performed on joints
- Low level of physical activity
Stages of vertebral arthrosis
Like osteochondrosis, which often develops in parallel (since the causes are the same), arthrosis passes through several stages.
- The first is hardly visible in outward appearance: rashchevaya tissue is thinner, softens and acquires a fibrous appearance
- The second stage leads
- to destruction of cartilage and an increase in the load on the articular area, as a result of which on the edges are formed growths - osteophytes
- to the appearance of pains in the joints
- to muscular dysfunction
- The third stage is already arthrosis in severe form:
- The base of the joint deforms so much that it leads to a change in the axis of the vertebra
- Joint ligaments are shortened, which leads to contractures - a sharp limitation of motor ability
- There are trophic muscular disorders: the muscles shorten or stretch and lose the ability to contract
The disease ends with complete immobility of the joint.
Types of arthrosis
Arthrosis of the spine, depending on its location is divided into:
- Cervical (if the cervical section is affected)
- Dorsal (thoracic)
- Lumbar (lumbar)
Common symptoms of arthrosis
- The first symptom of the disease is back pain, which first appears as a result of great physical exertion. At rest, pain usually subsides
- Then, when the disease progresses, rest does not help. Moreover, it starts to hurt even at night
- There are such mechanical symptoms that testify to this pathology:
- morning stiffness
- increased pain at the beginning of the movement, attempts to change the position
There are special test tables that allow you to determine the severity of the disease by symptoms:
- Does it hurt at night
- How long does the morning stiffness last?
- How long the pain remains when the position changes, etc.
Clinical symptoms upon examination
- The presence of thickening and soreness along the edges of the joint cracks
- puffiness of the joint
- limited and painful movements
Symptoms of arthrosis in different parts of the spine
The cervical spine is most often affected, which is often due to
- prolonged sedentary work, leading to muscle tension
- very weak physical activity
- unjustified physical activity
The first symptoms of cervical arthrosis:
- The appearance of pain in the back of the neck and neck:
- on waking
- when trying to turn or tilt the head
- Gradually, the pain becomes chronic, aching
- All movements of the head are given with difficulty
- There can be a serious complication - uncoovertebral arthrosis, in which:
pains are very sharp, limiting not only the movement of the neck, but also the hands
- Serious neurological disorders occur
Osteoarthritis of the lumbar region is recognized by such symptoms:
- Pain in the lumbar region that arise
- after physical work
- at bends and turns of the trunk
- in the morning when trying to get out of bed
After a while, the pain passes
- As the disease deepens, painful attacks increase, night attacks begin
- There is limited movement in the lumbosacral and hip joints
- There is tension in the gluteus muscles, pain, paresthesia and muscle weakness in the limbs
Diagnosis of the disease roentgenologically.
On X-ray you can see:
- pathological thickening in the joints
- narrowing of the gap between them
Treatment of spinal arthrosis
- Initially, in an acute period, the pain is coped with non-steroidal agents
- The load-limiting mode is entered. The motion for the joint is death. Quickly there is a contracture, which is then very difficult to cope with.Therefore, the rest regime should be as short as possible, which does not fit with the instinctive desire of the patient to protect the joint from any load
- Course treatment with chondroprotectors is prescribed, which are taken either inside or in the form of intraarticular injections. You can also make injections in the joint by typing painkillers
- The following types of conservative treatment are applied:
- In the early stages of the disease, laser therapy is used to treat pain and inflammation in arthrosis
- In later - decompression of the joint and bone blockade
- Very effective method of radiofrequency analgesia
- In muscle disorders, multichannel electrical stimulation
- As a surgical treatment, endoprosthetics of the patient's spine joint
- Types of physiotherapeutic treatment:
- Ultrasound therapy
- Pulse magnetotherapy
- In order to slow down arthrosis and improve mobility during the recovery period, the following are performed:
- water exercises
- gymnastics Qigong (taichi)
- At the final stage of the recovery period, it is recommended that the spinal joints be treated spontaneously
Health to you and the best!
: Radiofrequency anesthesia for arthrosis of intervertebral joints
(18, 9of 5)
A source: https://ZaSpiny.ru/artroz/artroz-pozvonochnika.html
Etiology of rheumatoid arthritis of the spine in the lumbar and thoracic regions
Autoimmune diseases of the musculoskeletal system practically do not give in to treatment. One of the most dangerous among them is rheumatoid arthritis of the spine.
Even timely and correctly prescribed therapy can only weaken the symptomatic manifestations of the disease and somewhat stop the degenerative and other changes.
In most cases, with arthritis of the spine of rheumatoid nature, a systemic damage to the body, the disease affects in addition to cartilage tissue: heart, lungs, kidneys, muscles, GIT, eyes and etc.
With the unfavorable development of pathology, the risk of a lethal outcome increases.
Arthritis of the spine - what is it?
Until now, the reasons for the defeat of the spine with rheumatoid arthritis have not been precisely determined.
However, as a result of research, it is commonly believed that the inflammatory process provokes three main factors:
- Heredity is the likelihood that rheumatoid arthritis of the back will develop in patients in whose genus there were cases of the occurrence of pathology significantly higher.
- Infringements in work of immune system. Inflammation of the spine occurs because of a malfunction in the human immune system. The body begins to perceive cells of cartilage and periarticular tissues as an alien body and attack them.
- Infectious factors - Epstein-Barra virus, Cytomegalovirus can act as reagents of the disease.
These factors are not unconditional causes, the onset of inflammation of synovial membranes, since in some cases, rheumatoid arthritis does not occur even if there is one or more components. The prognosis of the disease depends on what manifestation of arthritis is observed in the patient. For more accurate diagnosis, it is common to distinguish between favorable and unfavorable co-factors. Namely:
- Favorable - men after 40 years with the acute onset of the pathological process are in a more advantageous position. The pathology progresses more slowly, there is every chance of a favorable outcome of therapy.
- Unfavorable - if the arthritis went to the spine, and the inflammatory process involves all parts of the column, while in high rates of inflammatory changes are found - therapy may not be beneficial impact. Often, slow arthritis at the initial stage, rapidly progresses and leads to a lethal outcome.
When diagnosing the disease, the doctor will determine the nature of the pain and their localization, as well as the nature of the inflammation. This allows you to determine the prognosis of the course of therapy and its effectiveness.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an irreversible chronic disease.
Modern methods of therapy are directed exclusively at the signs of rheumatoid arthritis in the spine: removal of puffiness, restoration of mobility and reduction of the intensity of the inflammatory process. As a result, it is possible to slow down the development of the disease somewhat.
Arthritis in the thoracic region
Rheumatoid arthritis of the thoracic spine is the result of a secondary factor. Usually the defeat of the rib-vertebral joints is initially observed. The clinical picture of the disease is poorly expressed. Pain symptom in 15% of cases.
Symptoms of arthritis in the thoracic region of the spine include pain syndrome, which occurs when inhaling. In this case, the clinical picture is supplemented by the following symptoms:
- Irradiation of pain syndrome. Arthritis of the surface of the joints in the spine above the lower back is manifested in a decrease in the tactile sensitivity of the fingers. There is a swelling of the hand due to the compression of the nerve endings.
- Occurrence of adjacent pathologies. In some cases, there are symptoms of shoulder-scapular periarthritis. But the difference is that at the same time the mobility of the shoulder is not limited.
- False pain in the heart. The nerve roots in the thoracic spine are connected to the heart. Pinched roots lead to unpleasant sensations in the heart. The patient's acceptance of cardiac drops somewhat alleviates the condition, relaxing the nerve endings, which is often perceived as confirmation of a correctly diagnosed diagnosis. Pain in the thoracic region can cause osteochondrosis with arthritis. In this case, the condition is further aggravated by the presence of salt deposits.
Diagnosis of arthritis of the thoracic vertebra includes a complete examination of the body.
Mandatory is MRI or CT of intervertebral articulations. Tomography allows you to establish an accurate clinical picture and exclude diseases with common symptoms.
Thermal imaging diagnostics will allow determining the focus of inflammation on the elevated temperature of the damaged area.
Arthritis of peripheral joints in diseases of the spine is observed mainly in elderly patients. The prognosis of therapy with the timely administration of treatment is mostly favorable.
Arthritis in the lumbosacral spine
Rheumatoid arthritis of the lumbar spine is virtually asymptomatic. The pain syndrome begins to manifest itself in those cases when the inflammation passes to the sacroiliac joint.
In about a third of cases, patients begin to complain of pains that aggravate when walking and exercising. Arthritis of the iliac sac joints is diagnosed when the patient enters the rheumatology department.
Clinical manifestations of pathology are:
- Areas of joint erosion - MRI can determine the localization and extent of the lesion, which affects the further course of therapy.
- Arthritis of the lumbosacral spine is manifested in the narrowing of the articular intervertebral fissure visible in the picture.
- Changes in bone tissue - there is a thinning of the bones, which is difficult to diagnose due to the development of osteoarthritis. At this point, when you rotate the shoulder, it usually snaps in the back.
- Violation of the basic functions of the body. The arthritis of the sacrococcygeal joint leads to the jamming of the nerve roots and, as a rule, causes seizures, incontinence of urine and urine, loss and weakening of sensitivity.
Arthritis of the sacroiliac articulation is fraught with the fact that with time, as a result of tissue erosion, even a small injury, bruise or excessive load can lead to serious consequences.
Even minor damage can lead to death. Treatment of arthritis in the sacroiliac joint is often combined with therapy of other parts of the spine. When more than two vertebrae are affected, polyarthritis is diagnosed. 80% of cases from all calls to a rheumatologist are caused by cervical disease. Pathologies of the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae are less common and often secondary or arising from adjacent arthritis.
Traditional treatment of spine arthritis
In contrast to conventional arthritis, the appointment of drugs is long, and sometimes permanent. In this case, the rheumatologist must take into account the harm from prolonged use of medicines.
All methods of therapy are aimed at combating the following manifestations:
- Relieve back pain with rheumatoid arthritis - in the initial stages you can use NSAIDs. Preparations of the nonsteroid group relieve pain syndrome well. Acetaminophen is often used. This drug has relatively small side effects. In the later stages, conventional drugs no longer help. To treat spinal vertebrae, injections are prescribed, often narcotic: propoxyphene, hydrochloride (Darvon), and acetaminophen in combination with codeine. The blockade helps to remove a strong pain syndrome and muscle spasm, which results in the execution of even simple movements and natural functions.
- Increase mobility. Immediately after removal of acute inflammation, the patient is recommended to perform special exercises for the spine, which help to strengthen the muscular corset and increase mobility. Manual therapy also has a beneficial effect. To stop the process of degeneration of cartilaginous tissue appoint the passage of exercise therapy. Physical exercises ensure the flow of blood and the outflow of lymph, which has a beneficial effect on well-being. The patient can choose the type of gymnastics: pilates, yoga, traditional complex of exercises.
- Reduce the likelihood of relapse. Medicines for arthritis (vasodilators, painkillers, etc.) have to be taken almost constantly in combination with vitamins and special food additives. In parallel, various types of physiotherapy are used. In the period of neobastreniya, you can warm your back with paraffin or UK waves. The deposition of salts can be reduced with the help of magnetotherapy and acupuncture. In therapeutic dispensaries, clay therapy is widely used. Clay removes muscle spasm, warms the affected area. At the same time, the necessary amount of nutrients is supplied to the cartilage tissue.
Rheumatoid arthritis can progress to all parts of the spine. Polyarthritis rapidly progresses and is not amenable to therapy. As a sign, pain in the whole spine, weakness of muscle tissue, increased body temperature.
Folk methods from arthritis of the spine
The treatment of arthritis requires competent and qualified medical care. But to lower strong pains in a loin to wait for visiting of the doctor it is possible and national agents.
- If there is tension in the back, you can make a honey compress. If there is no inflammation, you can first visit the bath.
- Muscles of the back well relaxes the usual pepper patch or warming ointment.
- Burning in the back can be reduced by wrapping the problem area with a woolen shawl.
- You can take any of the drugs of the NSAID group, which is in the medicine cabinet. Ideal solution will be Revmoxicam, Diclafenac or Analgin.
Herbal infusions well relieve inflammation of the muscle tissue. At home, you can use tinctures from horses of sunflower, celery.
All methods of folk therapy can be used as an auxiliary and preventive means and do not abolish drug therapy.
A source: http://ponchikov.net/health/artroz-artrit/425-revmatoidnyy-artrit-pozvonochnika.html
Spine arthritis: symptoms and treatment options
Arthritis is a complex disease affecting various parts of the spine and other bone formations and requiring careful treatment.
Arthritis of the spine is a common name used to determine the inflammatory process that occurs in the tissues of the spine.
With age, this process occurs in the vast majority of people.
Articular ligaments and joints become thinner, vertebrae rub against each other during movement, which causes pain and inflammation.
The disease does not have an independent character and appears as a consequence of various pathologies or spinal injuries.
to the content ↑
Causes of the disease
There are a number of factors that provoke arthritis of the spine, including:
- arthrosis of the spine, that is, the process of degeneration, namely, destruction of the spine cartilage;
- spondylosis, namely, the proliferation of bone tissue of vertebrae in the form of acute formations;
- salt deposits;
- infections of all kinds and their complications;
- traumatic syndrome.
These factors are the cause and other diseases of the joints of the spine, they do not represent a particular specificity.
to the content ↑
Types of disease
Isolate arthritis of the spine and rheumatoid arthritis. They have common features, manifestations, symptoms and the nature of the course, but are due to various causes.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a type of arthritis, a serious autoimmune disease.
Autoimmune diseases are very diverse and are determined by the production of antibodies by the body, the action of which is directed against healthy organs.
The described disease is manifested due to the action of the body's immunity against the cartilaginous tissue of the spine.
The disease has a systematic character, therefore as a result of its development, suffer:
- a heart;
- nervous system;
- digestive system.
According to the research, the disease occurs for the following reasons:
- problems of immunity;
- viral infections;
- previously experienced severe long-lasting stress.
The disease can be localized in various areas of the spine. Rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine is very common, the patient hardly feels any symptoms, but this is the crookedness of this disorder.
to the content ↑
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis of the spine and other types of arthritis are varied. They depend on the degree of development of the disease. These include:
- general symptoms such as fever, weakness, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, and others;
- manifestations of articular nature, namely, back pain, motor problems; stiffness, numbness, shortness of breath, complicated breathing;
- problems of the digestive system, including stool disorders, stomach pain;
- skin lesions, including dryness, blueness, formation of yellow-colored rheumatoid nodules;
- problems of muscular nature, that is, pain, atrophy;
- vascular changes, including bleeding, fragility of blood vessels;
- symptoms from the side of the spleen, including, soreness, an increase;
- problems of hematopoiesis, consisting in a decrease in hemoglobin;
- pulmonary symptoms, namely, fluid in the pleural cavity;
- cardiac manifestations, including, arrhythmia;
- renal changes, namely, edema;
- symptomatology, concerning the organs of sight, that is, myopia, vascular ruptures;
- problems of the central nervous system, including sweating, convulsions.
Symptoms of arthritis of the spine generally differ little and depend on the type of disease. Different types of arthritis have a serious clinical picture that worsens with each subsequent stage of the disease.
to the content ↑
The diagnosis of this disease includes numerous procedures and tests, including:
- blood and urine tests;
- analysis for sugar;
- biochemistry of blood, namely, the study of bilirubin, protein, urea and so on;
- proteinogram, consisting in the analysis of protein fractions of the blood;
- a number of rheumatological studies;
- analysis of blood serum;
- CT scan;
- Magnetic resonance imaging;
In addition to the above analyzes and tests, the patient is shown consultations with the following specialists:
Complex diagnosis of the disease allows you to identify all related disorders, with a view to reducing their manifestations.
to the content ↑
The treatment of the disease is not aimed at its elimination, but to alleviate the patient's condition, improve the quality of his life and possible containment of symptoms of arthritis of the spine.
- fighting inflammation;
- hormonal effects;
- cytostatic, or antitumor treatment;
- suppression of immunity;
- antibacterial treatment;
- local impact;
- mechanical effect on immunity.
to the content ↑
This type of therapy is aimed at reducing the inflammatory process, which adversely affects all organs and systems. In addition, the removal of inflammation relieves pain and improves general condition.
This type of therapy includes the following drugs:
Tablet forms are combined with injectable preparations, depending on the variety and symptoms of spine arthritis.
to the content ↑
This type of treatment is aimed at slowing the mechanism of cartilage degradation, relief of pain. As a rule, within the framework of this treatment appoint:
These drugs are taken in the form of pills, and in the form of droppers and injections.
The cytostatic or antitumor effect is indicated for symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, as the patient needs to reduce the level of antibody production to their own tissues and organs.
Drugs used in this type of exposure:
- azatrioptree and others.
In rheumatoid arthritis treatment is shown, based on a powerful suppression of the patient's immune system, to stop the destruction of cartilage in the process of autoimmune reaction of the body. This is greatly promoted and hormonal drugs.
This type of treatment involves the patient taking medications of gold, which is aimed at mineralization of cartilage tissue, stopping its destruction.
Preparations with this type of therapy are as follows:
- miokrizin and others.
Antimicrobial action is necessary to remove the level of bacterial attack on the affected tissues of the spine. The therapeutic means of this type of treatment include:
- preparations of penicillin.
Attention! All of these drugs have a number of powerful side effects. Proceeding from this, they are prescribed exclusively by the attending physician, proceeding from each individual case. To the content ↑
Locally targeted treatment includes:
- intraarticular injections;
- pain-relieving applications;
- ultraviolet irradiation;
The mechanical effect on immunity
Mechanical, or physical, impact on the immune system of the patient is aimed at removing from the blood of sick substances that are a factor in the development of the disease. This treatment can include:
- drainage of the chest lymphatic duct, consisting in the purification of the patient's lymph from the products of tissue decay;
- lymphocytophore, that is, purification of blood from agents provoking inflammation;
- Plasmapheresis, the purpose of which is mechanical purging of pathological agents from the patient's plasma;
- irradiation of lymphoid tissue, consisting of radiation exposure to lymph nodes to suppress immunity;
- Laser therapy, which affects both the damaged joints and the patient's blood;
- cryotherapy, the purpose of which is the local cooling effect;
- application of ointments and local action creams for pain relief.
The treatment of this disease has a complex character and is aimed at fighting, rather, with symptoms than with the cause of the disease, a means against which medicine has not yet been developed.
to the content ↑
Prevention, as well as directed treatment for this disease, has not yet been worked out. Recommendations for prevention are rather general, and include:
- normalization of the regime;
- optimization of diet, to avoid the use of allergens;
- avoiding stresses, infections and other adverse factors.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that affects not only the spine, but almost all the organs and systems of man.
How to treat a Schmorl's hernia
Bechterew's disease treatment of folk remedies
A source: http://spinaneboli.ru/bolezni-spiny/artrit-pozvonochnika/
Cervical arthritis: causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Cervical arthritis is an inflammation of the joint in the cervical spine, which causes stiffness, swelling, and pain syndrome. This disease can be of two types: osteoarthritis (cervical spondylosis) and rheumatoid arthritis.
Causes of cervical arthritis
Cervical spondylosis occurs in old age, in 85% of cases in people after sixty years. Usually, the four lower vertebrae of the cervical spine (from the 4th to the 7th) suffer. In the upper cervical vertebrae, inflammation rarely occurs.
After ten years of rheumatoid arthritis, the cervical spine is involved in the pathological process in 80% of cases. The synovial tissue in the joints between the occipital part and the first two cervical vertebrae is affected. More often the first two vertebrae become inflamed.
Risk factors (for both forms of cervical arthritis):
- hereditary predisposition;
- trauma to the neck and back in anamnesis;
- physical stress (sedentary half-bent position, incorrect posture, excessive cervical activity);
- inflammation of the joints of different etiologies;
- natural aging of the body (wear of the intervertebral discs, proliferation of bone tissue);
- smoking (a relationship between smoking and degenerative changes in the cervical vertebrae was found).
Symptoms of neck arthritis
Clinical signs of the disease:
- Stitching pains in the back of the neck, giving to the lower region of the head, shoulders, elbow joints or fingers of the hand;
- muscular weakness in the cervical region;
- headache, centered in the occipital part;
- crunch of vertebrae;
- weakness, tingling and cramps in the hands and feet;
- stiff neck;
- swelling and redness of the skin in the affected area.
Cervical spondylosis rarely ends with irreversible deformity or disability. Rheumatoid arthritis of the neck in the absence of proper treatment progresses. In both cases, early diagnosis is important. The degree of bone degeneration is determined by means of an X-ray or MRI.
Treatment of arthritis of the cervical spine
Methods of conservative treatment:
1) Physiotherapeutic procedures:
- traction (dry extension of the cervical vertebrae, which allows to reduce compression of the spinal nerves and facet joints);
- vacuum therapy;
- sparing methods of manual therapy;
- laser therapy;
- massage (for muscle relaxation).
2) Medical gymnastics (the complex of exercises is selected by a specialist taking into account the degree of disease and the state of the organism).
3) Wearing a cervical soft collar (allows to hold the neck in the right position, restricts painful movements, allows the muscles to relax, but constant wearing weakens the muscles of the neck).
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, Aspirin, Piroxicam, Ibuprofen and others);
- Muscle relaxants (relieve spasm arising in response to pain syndrome);
- anticonvulsants (help to cope with the pain);
- steroid injections (injections in the area of the compressed nerve root, reduce the swelling of the inflamed nerve, so that the pain subsides, are prescribed for severe pain syndrome);
- injections into the facet joint area (the same steroid preparations with local anesthetic are administered);
- blockade with radiofrequency ablation (a steroid agent with an anesthetic is injected into the nerve area, then the affected nervous process is destroyed by radiofrequency ablation).
Operative treatment is indicated in the case when months-long conservative treatment does not give results. Methods:
- Implantation of the artificial intervertebral disc (the damaged disc is removed, and artificial implant is implanted instead);
- anterior or posterior cervical discectomy (appointed with osteophytes or a slipped disc, the degenerative intervertebral disc removed, and fusion between the vertebrae);
- cervical laminectomy (only those vertebral elements that press on the nerve roots or the spinal cord are removed);
- cervical foraminotomy (the canal is widened, along which the nerve root comes from the spinal cord).
Methods of treating neck arthritis are selected depending on the patient's condition.
Osteoarthritis of the cervical spine is a disease manifested in the form of deformation of the intervertebral discs and joints in the cervical spine. The main symptom of this disease is the appearance of pain in this area.
Causes of arthrosis in the cervical region
One of the most common causes of this disease is high physical activity.
Often arthrosis of the cervical spine arises from the incorrect position of the body with prolonged physical work - on the state of cartilage and soft tissues, the surrounding vertebral column is equally adversely affected by excessive static and dynamic stresses that disrupt the normal blood supply to this anatomical region.
Any trauma to the neck and back can also provoke the development of arthrosis of the cervical spine, and between the time of injury and the appearance of the first symptoms of the disease can take several years.
Do not forget about inflammation of the spinal column, joint degeneration and deformation of the intervertebral discs.
All these phenomena can have a traumatic character or develop due to aging of the body tissues in old age..
Unco-vertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine already at the very beginning of development can lead to unusual sounds when moving joints. It's crunching or clicking when you turn your neck..
Over time, there are painful sensations after strong physical exertion, or during them.
In serious stages, pain is not related to the level of physical activity and can bother the sufferer even at rest.
With pathological changes in cartilage peculiar to this disease, often there is a jamming of nerves and blood vessels. It can occur in the occurrence of severe headaches.
numbness of the lower half of the face, frequent feeling of dizziness, increased pressure - the patients develop severe insufficiency blood circulation in the vertebral-basilar basin (vertebral artery syndrome), which can adversely affect the overall well-being and ability to work of the patient. In this case, the use of conventional painkillers and drugs for the treatment of hypertension does not bring relief.
A specific cause of this disease is a violation of the thyroid gland functioning.
Timely diagnosis is the key to successful treatment
If you have any of these symptoms, you should urgently consult a doctor - timely diagnosis of arthrosis cervical spine and its complications become the guarantee of normalization of the patient's condition and helps to choose the program therapy.
The sooner the disease is diagnosed, the faster and more successfully will be his treatment. To make an accurate diagnosis, you will need to have an x-ray of the cervical spine in several projections.
Often, as ancillary research, tomography and angiography of the vessels is performed - these methods of investigation are not only help diagnose arthrosis of the cervical spine, but also to determine the exact location of the pathological process..
The main directions of treatment of this disease - manual therapy, massage and exercise therapy. It is also possible to prescribe medications for the removal of inflammation and hormonal medications..
In order to speed up the treatment process it is recommended to use special orthopedic bedding and facilities for skeletal traction of the cervical spine (collar Shantz). The patient should also monitor his position during walking and prolonged sitting - it is recommended that you try to keep your back straight.
Performing medical exercises is required with extreme caution. If pain occurs during the session, it is necessary to refrain from doing this exercise and immediately consult with your doctor.
Exercises of the complex of therapeutic gymnastics for the correction of such a disease as deforming arthrosis of the cervical spine are distinguished by their simplicity.
It can be head turns, slopes to the sides, circular rotation. They should be appointed by a doctor.
You can do it at home, focusing on your own feelings.
Since arthrosis of the cervical spine is not the most pleasant symptoms, the mental state of a person may suffer because of the illness.
Increased nervous excitability, depression and apathy often arise from prolonged pain.
In this case, additional treatment with antidepressants may be prescribed.
Prevention is better than cure
To prevent the development of arthrosis of the cervical spine, moderate moderate exercise is recommended. Ideally, perform a short complex of simple exercises for the neck several times a day.
It is also necessary to follow the balance of the diet. Not the least role in preventing problems with the spine is played by maintaining proper posture.
To do this, it is also recommended to lead a mobile lifestyle, to monitor the correct position of the back during the day..
Stiffness of movements, severe headaches, puffiness - all these are signs that indicate cervical arthritis. Treatment of arthritis of the neck is aimed at overcoming the factors provoking inflammation and restoration of the functions of damaged joints..
Causes and symptoms of neck arthritis
Before appointing cervical arthritis treatment, a rheumatologist will try to determine the etymology of the disease. The effectiveness of therapy depends largely on obtaining an accurate clinical picture.
Medical practice has shown that the most common are two types of arthritis of the cervical spine:
- Osteoarthritis or spondylosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
Spondylosis - begins because of disorders in the structure of the spinal column. Often changes occur because of age-related changes, the formation of bone spurs.
Neck disease in arthritis due to the formation of a hernia or protrusion in the cervical region is quite common.
The disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Stitching irradiating pains.
- Muscular weakness in the cervical region.
- Crunching and snapping of the neck while turning the head.
- Stiffness in the movements.
Rheumatoid arthritis - begins because of an earlier infectious disease. The first sign of pathology is a sudden inflammatory process affecting the bone and joint tissue.
Untimely prescribed medication for cervical arthritis leads to destruction of the cartilage structure.
The clinical picture of the disease is as follows:
- Pain syndrome. In the early stages it is felt exclusively in the morning. The patient has a sore neck, stiffness in movements, swelling.
- Redness of the skin.
- Tingling in the hands and feet.
- Increase in the size of the cervical lymph node.
- High blood pressure - usually observed in severe disorders of the structure of the cervical vertebrae. In later stages, rheumatoid arthritis affects the functioning of the internal organs and the cardiovascular system. Pressure jumps in this case become a familiar symptom.
- Deformation of the joints. Inflammatory process affects the synovial membrane of the joint. As a result, in a few months there are degenerative changes. There are several deformations characteristic of rheumatoid arthritis, these are:
- swan's neck
- ulnar deviation
At the first symptoms of the disease you need to seek professional help. Timely prescribed course of therapy can stop the development of arthritis and prevent the onset of irreversible deforming changes.
How to treat cervical arthritis
Treatment of arthritis is aimed at achieving two main objectives:
- Cessation of the inflammatory process.
- Restoration of mobility of the neck and other basic functions.
To treat arthritis of the cervical region begin with the fight against inflammation. It is recommended to pass the course of antibiotics. Indications for this are enlarged lymph nodes on the neck, which often indicates an infectious disease of the joints.
Immediately after the end of antibacterial therapy, injections of anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. NSAIDs reduce puffiness and fight with inflammation.
As a local anesthetic, the patient is recommended to use special ointments.
Ointments provoke irritation of skin areas, providing analgesic effects and providing increased blood flow.
The most effective ointments and gels for cervical arthritis are made on the basis of bee or snake venom, they often contain NSAID preparations.
Share an article in social. networks:
A source: http://zdorovyisustav.ru/bolezni-sustavov/artrit-sheynogo-otdela.html