1The neck and neck hurts: the reasons and methods of treatment
- 1.1Causes of headache in the occipital region and neck
- 1.2Symptoms of pathology
- 1.3Diagnostic features
- 1.4First aid
- 1.5Features of traditional treatment
- 1.6Traditional methods of treatment
- 1.7Prevention of pathology
2Pain in the neck and occiput: causes, treatment
- 2.1Pain in the neck and occiput: cause of development
- 2.2Characteristics of pain syndrome
- 2.3Pain in the neck and occiput: treatment methods
3Causes of pain in the neck and occiput
- 3.1Common causes
- 3.3Arterial hypertension
- 3.5Neuralgia of the occipital nerve
- 3.6Stress and Stress
- 3.7Other disorders of the neck
- 3.8Head injury and infection
- 3.9Methods for treating pain in the neck and occiput
4Headache and neck aches: causes, symptoms, treatment
- 4.1If malaises are caused by occipital neuralgia
- 4.3Diagnostic techniques and help
- 4.4If the cause of poor health is hypertension
- 4.6Diagnostic techniques and help
- 4.7Means from the people's treasury
- 4.8If the soreness in the nape is caused by meningococcal infection
- 4.10Diagnostic techniques and help
5Headache in the nape - reasons, treatment
- 5.1Causes of pain in the nape and features of its manifestation in various pathologies
- 5.2Cervical osteochondrosis
- 5.3Cervical spondylosis
- 5.4Hypertonic disease
- 5.5Increased intracranial pressure
- 5.6Cervical myositis
- 5.7Myogelosis of the cervical spine
- 5.8Neuralgia of the occipital nerve
- 5.9Vascular pain
- 5.10Nuchal pain in the moment of orgasm
- 5.11Professional pain
- 5.12Malocclusion of bite
- 5.13Pain under stress
- 5.14Treatment of pain in the occipital part of the head
The neck and neck hurts: the reasons and methods of treatment
If a person has a sore neck and neck, then this may indicate a serious illness. Then it is better to be safe and consult a doctor, because there can be many reasons for the development of such a pathological condition, and the patient's treatment depends on their definition.
Causes of headache in the occipital region and neck
So, now you need to find out why such a state can appear. There are such reasons:
- Muscle tension or tightness in the neck. This provokes severe headaches in the nape of the neck.
- Osteochondrosis of the neck. It can develop in those people who move little, because they have impaired blood circulation and nutrition of tissues in this area. This disease must be treated comprehensively. It is necessary to start treatment on time.
- Infection of the head or neck.
- Severe deformation of the spinal column.
- Overwork, as well as insomnia.
- Pathology of blood vessels.
Some common causes of pain: pinching of the occipital nerve (the picture shows its position) and spasm of the neck muscles from excessive stress or prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position
- Hypertonic disease.
- Neuralgia of the occipital nerve. It is usually jammed because of muscle tension, disc displacement, infection. This condition is very dangerous, as it can lead to disruption of coordination of movements.
- Spondylosis of the spine. It is characterized by a strong deformation of the vertebrae in the neck.
- Stress or nerve strain.
- Injury to the occipital part of the head or neck. It can be accompanied not only by pain, but also by a hematoma, which in itself is very dangerous.
- Malignant formation.
- Vertebrobasilar syndrome. It is a consequence of osteochondrosis.
These reasons are basic, although there may be other provocative factors. Naturally, you can diagnose yourself, but you should not. It is better to contact a qualified specialist.
Symptoms of pathology
It all depends on the reason that caused the pain of the occipital part of the head and neck:
- Osteochondrosis is characterized by such symptoms: circling in the head, weakness and drowsiness, constant pain in the neck, which periodically increase during the day. The patient has a crunch in the cervical region.
- Hypertension. Most often in the morning the patient feels discomfort in the neck, lethargy. The desire to sleep does not leave him. In addition, the patient's ringing in the ears, which indicates a low blood pressure.
- Myogelosis. In addition, the patient has a noise in the ears, a spinning of the head.
- Neuralgia of the occipital nerve. The patient has severe pain in the region of the temples, discomfort in the occipital part of the head. In addition, the patient may have "flies" in front of his eyes.
More details about this unpleasant pathology in the video:
- Migraine. The pain in this case is felt closer to the temples, around the eyes. Its intensity is very high. In addition, before the eyes of the patient can darken, in the ears hear a crack.
- Infectious diseases (angina, lymphadenitis, meningitis, occipital abscess). There may be high fever, chills, general weakness, muscle spasm.
- Vertebrobasilar syndrome. It is characterized by noise in the ears, impaired coordination of movements, nausea, vomiting, loss of balance, fainting.
So, if a person has pain in the neck or occipital region of the head, you should urgently consult a doctor.
Do not take any medication yourself or try to eliminate the pain.
In most cases, pain syndrome is just a symptom, and it is necessary to fight with the cause of the development of the pathological condition.
The exact diagnosis will be able to supply only the doctor. It is worthwhile to refer to such specialists: cardiologist, neurologist, therapist, traumatologist.
In order to make an accurate diagnosis, you will have to undergo such studies:
- Laboratory tests of blood and urine (determination of the presence of the inflammatory process).
- Radiography. Due to this research the doctor can determine the condition of the cervical region of the spine.
- MRI or CT scan. These studies will help not only to assess the state of the occipital part of the head and neck, they will help to determine the exact causes of the disease.
Accurate diagnosis will make it possible to begin effective treatment sooner, which must be performed under the supervision of a doctor.
If a person has severe pain in the nape of the neck, you need to first find out the causes of such a pathological condition. However, before the examination, you can help yourself.
First, you need to open all the windows in the house to provide the patient with the maximum amount of fresh air.
In addition, it is necessary to eliminate external stimuli as much as possible, which only intensifies the pain: bright light, loud music.
Independently, you can also massage the neck and the occipital area, as well as the shoulder girdle. At the same time, it is not necessary to strongly press the spine. A wonderful massage technique for you will show you a massage therapist Mardinsky Vladimir:
In order for manual therapy to be effective, you can take a horizontal position and try to relax. In this case, it is also necessary to isolate yourself from all those factors that can provoke a stressful state.
Before visiting the doctor, you can take the drug Ibuprofen. It helps to eliminate pain and cures the inflammatory process. To help yourself to eliminate pain, you can also relax your muscles with a special set of physical exercises:
- It is necessary to sit flat on a stool and clasp your head so that your thumbs are on the cheekbones, and all the rest are on the back of the head.
- Now you should tilt your head back, and do it so that the head does not tip over. In this situation, you need to stay for a few seconds, and then relax.
Thanks to such activities, you can get rid of a headache. However, the cause of the manifestation of the pathological condition is not eliminated. Therefore, you should always consult a doctor.
In addition, help can:
- Warm hot-water bottle. It will help relieve pain and muscle spasms.
- Constant care for your own posture. To do this, you should sit and stand properly, as well as sleep on an orthopedic mattress and a solid cushion.
- Performing self-massage techniques.
Features of traditional treatment
If the cause of the disease is identified, and an accurate diagnosis is made, you can proceed to treatment. As for traditional therapy, it provides for the intake of such medications:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: Diclofenac, Ibuprofen.
- Means that promote muscle relaxation.
In most cases, drug therapy is sufficient to eliminate pain in the neck and occiput.
However, for greater effect it is necessary to use the methods of physiotherapy: electrophoresis (improved tissue nutrition, enhancement blood circulation, reducing the level of lactic acid), warming neck massage (it crunches or not), and the part that is closer to the nape of the neck.
It will also be useful for exercise therapy, especially for osteochondrosis or other pathologies of the support system.
In the most extreme case, surgical treatment of pathology is performed.
This should be done only if the pain in the nape of the neck lasts a very long time, and its causes can not be eliminated by another method.
Traditional methods of treatment
So, if the causes of the development of pathology are accurately established, you can proceed to treatment. And you can do it with the help of folk remedies. Folk treatment can offer such effective recipes:
- Decoction of common oregano. It must be drunk daily.
- Decoction of leaves lovage. It is used as compresses. To make it, you must first grind the grass and pour it with a glass of boiling water. Further, the broth is infused and cooled. After that, the mixture is spread on gauze and applied to the back of the neck, closer to the back of the head. After that the compress is tied with a warm kerchief.
If the patient already knows why he has headaches in the back of his neck and neck, he can start folk medication only after a preliminary consultation with the doctor.
Prevention of pathology
Pain in the neck and occiput can be removed, both traditional and folk methods. However, it is best to prevent such a condition. To do this, follow the recommendations of doctors:
- We must abandon bad habits and accustom ourselves to a healthy lifestyle.
- It is necessary to perform daily simple physical exercises.
- Do not be in a draft that does not blow. In extreme cases, the neck should be protected.
- Rest and sleep should be full, as well as food.
- During sleep it is better to use an orthopedic pillow.
Headache can result from the fact that it has blown the head. Read more here. For the prevention of pain in the neck, organize your workplace at the computer according to these simple rules. In addition, take breaks every half hour by performing simple stretching exercises of stiff muscles
- We must try to avoid sharp slopes and turns of the head, as well as strong loads.
- If the patient has a sedentary job, he should warm up every half hour.
- You can not lift things that are too heavy. This will only aggravate the condition of the patient.
- It is best to dress according to the weather, avoid hypothermia.
- It is also necessary to temper the body, strengthen the immune system with the help of natural and factory vitamins.
A source: http://GolovnayaBol.com/vidy/boli-v-shee-i-zatylke-prichiny-lechenie.html
Pain in the neck and occiput: causes, treatment
Pain in the neck and occiput
Pain sensations in the neck and occiput - a fairly common phenomenon in human life. In some cases, it has a pressing and aching nature, in others the pain is simply unbearable.
Sometimes it pulsates in the temporal region, and sometimes only in the occiput. This phenomenon brings a lot of trouble and brings discomfort.
What do we all do in this case, when the neck and neck hurts? The answer is simple - grab the first aid kit, in search of standard drugs for anesthesia: Citramon, No-Shpa. The main mistake is that the pills relieve the pain syndrome for a while, and the reason that provoked it remains.
Pain in the neck and occiput: cause of development
In most cases, the pains that are localized in the neck and neck are directly related to the spine pathologies. The vertebrae of the cervical spine are small enough, while the load on them is weighty.
As a consequence, the osteochondrosis of the cervical region develops. In addition to this pathology may develop neuralgia, inflammation of the neck muscles, spondylitis and other ailments.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Manifest the pain in the neck and occiput can not only because of serious diseases, but also be the result of an incorrectly chosen pillow for sleeping or physical overwork. It is worth noting that stressful situations only increase the pain syndrome, strengthening it and provoking the development of additional symptoms.
Characteristics of pain syndrome
In order to guess the reasons that caused pain in the neck and occiput, you need to be able to distinguish them:
- Osteochondrosis of cervical department. The main area of pain localization is the occiput, whiskey and neck. In more difficult cases, pain can be accompanied by dizziness and even nausea. In later stages of cervical osteochondrosis can cause a disruption of coordination.
- Spondylosis. Pathology is characterized by the formation of bone growths on the ligaments that support the vertebrae. It is difficult to move the head, there is a pain of pressing type in the eyes and ears. Often it is difficult for a patient to find a comfortable position for sleep, at which pressure on the cervical region would decrease. It is not uncommon for patients with spondylosis to complain of a bad dream.
- Chronic hypertension (persistent hypertension). Hypertension is capable of provoking severe pain in the neck and occiput. In this case, the patient can observe a decline in strength and dizziness.
- Muscle inflammation (myositis). Develops against the background of the resulting injury or hypothermia.
- Cervical migraine. In addition to pain in the neck and occiput, pathology provokes the development of other unpleasant symptoms. For example, burning pain in the frontal and temporal parts, the sensation of sand, rubbing in the eyes, tinnitus.
- Stress of a psychological nature. It occurs not so often among the reasons provoking pain in the nape and neck. Develops after severe stress. To this pathology women at the age from 25 till 35 years are inclined.
Localization of pain
Separately it is necessary to consider the reasons of a professional nature:
- Neuralgia affecting the occipital nerves. Thus there are pains of burning type which can extend on all back, to give in ears and the bottom jaw.
- Intracranial hypertension. In this case, the pains are localized not only in the neck or occiput, but as if they are poured over the entire head, have a pressing character. Absence of treatment can lead to the appearance of nausea, vomiting and cutting pain in the eyes;
- cardiovascular pathology. In the case when the problem is related to the operation of the cerebral vessels, pulsating pain from the forehead to the occiput is observed. Also, this phenomenon develops with spasm of the arteries.
Do not forget about physical activity, which is not often the cause of pain in the neck or neck. Excessive exercise can provoke narrowing of the vessels, which causes spasms and increased intracranial pressure.
Increased intracranial pressure
Pain in the neck and occiput: treatment methods
First of all, one must understand that such pains require an early appeal to a specialist and do not tolerate self-treatment, which in many cases only worsens the situation.
In most cases, the patient is referred for radiography of the cervical section. Also CT, MRI, and UZDG can be prescribed to determine pathological processes in the vessels of the brain.
In the case when the doctor has established that the cause of pain is directly related to neurology or the spine, then a course of therapeutic gymnastics, massage or acupuncture is prescribed..
If an increased intracranial pressure has been diagnosed, a number of drugs may be prescribed to stabilize it. Massages in this case are not recommended..
Pain syndrome, provoked by osteochondrosis or neuralgia, can be treated with physiotherapy.
To avoid the occurrence of pain, you need to monitor your lifestyle, monitor pressure indicators, avoid stress and not abuse alcohol.
A source: http://AntiRodinka.ru/bol-v-shee-i-zatilke-prichini-lechenie
Causes of pain in the neck and occiput
A large number of people complain of constant pain in the neck, the occipital part of the head.
Some of this can not work normally, fulfill their functional duties, while others are constantly experiencing slight discomfort, which makes the quality of life noticeably worse.
Sometimes the symptoms are rare, but their aggressiveness is off scale. If you have a headache in the neck and neck, the best option is to go to the doctor, and not an attempt at self-treatment.
The causes of the appearance of pain in the cervical region are many, treatment of them depends on the disease or problem that occurs.
More often than not, people begin treatment for neck pain after it has become unbearable. If there are regular weak painful sensations, they try not to notice with thoughts that soon everything will pass by itself. Often the pain in the neck and occiput does not go away, but the disease progresses.
- Pinched nerves in the neck.
- Arterial hypertension.
- Muscular overstrain or tension.
- Spasms in the brain.
- Viral infection.
- Neurological problems in the occipital nerve.
- Frequent stress.
- Complications after other diseases.
- Cervical migraine.
For a better understanding of the problems and ways to deal with them, it is worthwhile to consider each cause separately.
If the neck and neck hurts, the most common reason for this is osteochondrosis. After treatment of patients, the doctors check the necessary departments for the presence of cervical osteochondrosis. This pathology has a number of signs:
- significant dizziness in the morning;
- a constant desire to sleep, a strong weakness of the body;
- increased allocation of sweat;
- crunch of cervical vertebrae, which can be heard even by others;
- the appearance in some cases of severe nausea;
- deterioration of hearing, vision;
- lowering the sensitivity of the hands.
The disease is common among people whose way of life implies a constant sitting in one place, for example, in office workers, drivers. To prevent pain, it is necessary to begin strengthening of the neck muscles.
To do this, you need to do physical exercises, knead the necessary area as often as possible.
The problem in the violation of blood circulation and if the neck muscles are well developed, warmed up, the disease is likely to recede.
Discomfort in cervical osteochondrosis can last a very long time, the pain will increase with any movement of the patient area. It is difficult to cure the disease, it is easier to prevent its occurrence.
The consequence of cervical osteochondrosis can be arterial hypertension. The disease can be independent, without appearing before other illnesses.
When he is a lot of trouble with the body. Symptoms often occur after waking up in the morning.
After waking up, when the body did not move for a long time, many areas can get sick.
The cause of the pain lies in the changed pressure.
Stressed vessels cause problems in other areas of the body, making the well-being considerably worse, lethargy, constant drowsiness.
A person can ring in the ears, causing the hearing to deteriorate. It is advisable to consult a doctor if there are similar symptoms.
The essence of the disease in the compaction of the cervical musculature. This will feel unpleasant sensations in the occipital part and neck. Can make noise in the ears.
The cause is often the curve of posture, the constant wrong position of the body, why the condition of muscles is disturbed. Skvoznyaki, hypothermia also contribute to the appearance of myogelosis.
Stress, constant mental overstrain will provoke sharp movements, why there is a stretching of the cervical musculature, as a consequence - the described disease..
After finding out the exact reason, it is necessary to prescribe the treatment. Sore neck and neck with this form of the disease is unstable..
The person is troubled by attacks, it begins to seem that there is a stiffness in the shoulders, as if someone is pressing.
The result of the problem is a reduction in motor activity due to difficulties in rotating the head.
Neuralgia of the occipital nerve
The following factors can cause the problem:
- Displacement of vertebral discs.
- Curvature of posture.
If there is a strong muscular tension in the neck, it is possible to pinch the nerve end located in the occipital part.
As a result - the emergence of severe pain, which is greatly enhanced with head movements.
If a person begins to cough or sneeze, a sharp movement of the neck will inevitably be provoked, causing a headache. If a similar pathology has appeared, a number of other problems can be provoked:
- impaired movement;
- there may be uncomfortable sensations in the nape of the neck, appearing spontaneously;
- flies before the eyes, strong darkening, shroud;
- increase in pressure, as a consequence - pulsation in the temporal lobe.
Stress and Stress
When the human body is in the same position, problems with the occipital part, the cervical region, begin to develop with time.
If you touch the forehead, temples or painful places, the neck hurts behind and the back of the head is stronger. It begins to seem that it is impossible to turn her head, she seemed to hesitate.
There is a feeling that it was squeezed by a vice.
If there is a cracking sound, the head is very dizzy, there is a danger of losing consciousness, falling to the ground due to loss of balance. With such pains, only the relaxation of a stressful area helps.
This is done simply: it is required to sit so that the back does not have a support. Hands need to clasp your head. The back of the head is clasped by all but the large ones with fingers that lie on the cheekbones.
In this position, you need to sit for 2-3 minutes, after which the pain in the neck and neck, the tension that arises should decrease.
Stress can also cause pain in the occipital part and neck. Nervous overexertion can provoke the appearance of a muscle spasm, from which the nerve is jammed. This worsens blood circulation, and the brain begins to experience oxygen starvation.
As a result - numbness of the cervical region, the appearance of a feeling of tingling, "goose bumps" in the neck. Symptoms can continue to haunt until there is complete relaxation. You can relax if you sleep or calm down completely in another way.
Other disorders of the neck
Migraine also causes pain in the neck and neck. Sometimes the disease provokes the infringement of the nerve in the vertebral artery, which causes sharp pain, giving off in the temples, eyes.
A person can be severely weakened, why it will darken before your eyes, your head will spin. Sometimes there is a crackling in the ears. The migraine is simple.
If the pain is aggravated by pressing the cervical artery, then the problem occurs.
Elderly people often get spondylosis. The essence of the disease in the aging of vertebral tissues. When the disease is severely deformed tissues in the spine, why a person bends, can not stand exactly..
With the passage of time, cartilage disappears, in their place there is a bone. A special danger is when osteophytes grow on such bones (additional growths)..
They become the causes of frequent headaches, unpleasant sensations in the neck.
Symptoms are hard to treat, even during sleep, when turning, there are severe pain in the neck and occiput. It becomes difficult to sleep, it is difficult to choose a comfortable pose. The problem worries people who do not have enough movement, there is no warm-up of the problem area.
Head injury and infection
Often, craniocerebral trauma is the main harbinger of unpleasant sensations in the neck or neck. There can be a lot of problems from anything, from the nerve infringement to the stretching of the muscles.
One of the unpleasant consequences of trauma can be a hematoma. A special danger when it occurs is an increase in blood pressure due to the stagnation of the fluid in the head.
A person can get a big headache.
In case of pain after an injury, it is always worthwhile to see a doctor for help, otherwise there is a risk of serious consequences for the body. Sometimes it takes a whole course of therapy to dilute the hematoma, restore the normal state of the damaged parts.
Various infections, for example, cervical lymphadenitis, tonsillitis, can affect the appearance of uncomfortable sensations.
Inflammation, located in the lymph nodes, gives pain in other departments.
A special danger if the pain in the occipital part of the head and neck arose as a result of the appearance of the pharyngeal abscess. In this case, the pain will be felt in the occipital region.
When the disease occurs, rapid intoxication of the body, there is an increase in temperature, weakening of the body. If the neck and the back of the neck aches, the reasons for this may be the occurrence of meningitis, which provokes severe spasms of the neck muscles and the occipital part.
Methods for treating pain in the neck and occiput
At occurrence of a similar problem, to be engaged in self-treatment it is extremely not recommended.
It is important to first understand the cause of the pain, then, if there is no danger of developing the disease, you can try to recover yourself.
Sometimes self-treatment symptoms disappear for a while, after which they appear and torment even more.
Many medications give temporary relief, but they can not completely remove the symptoms. For this it is important to know the main reason for the discomfort that has appeared. Passing a survey of the problem area will help to sort out the problem.
First of all, if the neck and neck are very sore, symptoms should be eliminated. Analgesics are prescribed by the doctor, which relax the cervical musculature.
In preparations often there is paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid.
But take painkillers long can not, because they have a strong negative impact on other organs, "sow" the heart.
Anti-inflammatory drugs should also be present in the course of treatment. Their role is to relieve the pain that was caused by the inflammatory process. The constant reception of such medications is also not allowed. Negative effects on the stomach, the possibility of internal bleeding are their side effects..
The causes and treatment of the disease is revealed in some cases quickly enough, effectively. Therefore, it is not worthwhile to suffer for a long time, to feel constant improvement-deterioration of the condition, instead to come to the doctor for help..
After finding out the reasons, the doctor usually appoints the passage of physiotherapy procedures, acupuncture and other similar activities. To each patient the approach is individual, because there are a lot of causes of neck and nape illness, sometimes they are present together with others.
It is much easier to prevent a problem from occurring than to try to recover later. The following preventive measures will help to avoid a problem:
- Try not to turn your head sharply, do not produce quick slopes.
- Conduct a warm-up every hour, if you are planning a long stay in one position.
- Raise heavy objects with extreme caution, warm up well before training.
- Dressing so as not to catch cold on problem areas, do not allow drafts.
- Correctly eat, strengthen the muscles of the neck.
- Sleep on an orthopedic mattress and pillow. This is especially true for the elderly.
- Tempering the body, thereby increasing the body's resistance to viruses.
Every cause of neck disease requires prolonged treatment. It is worthwhile to lead a healthy lifestyle, because everyone understands how important it is to prevent the occurrence of such problems.
Self-medication can do more harm than good, therefore, if a problem occurs, do not You need to try to cope with the pain yourself, to provide assistance there are qualified specialists.
A source: https://GolovnaiaBol.ru/gb/v-temeni-i-zatilke/bolit-sheya-i-zatilok.html
Headache and neck aches: causes, symptoms, treatment
In cases where the back of the head and neck hurts - suddenly or permanently - the reasons lie in the course of pathological processes in various body systems. The strongest burning pain is recorded with neuralgia of the nerve passing in the occipital region.
Painful symptoms in the head and upper neck area can be noted with inflammation of the meninges, growing neoplasms. It can "signal" for pressure spikes, it is characteristic when there is an IBT. Treatment depends on the causes that provoked the anomaly.
If malaises are caused by occipital neuralgia
Pathology is caused by compression (infringement) of nerve endings located in the nape of the neck.
The defeat that causes stabbing pain can be due to:
- injuriesback or cervical spine;
- osteoarthritisor osteochondrosis of the vertebral column in the upper part;
- infections, which affected the nerve tissue;
- strong emotional manifestations;
- endocrine diseases, including. high blood sugar;
- autoimmune diseases, during which the immune mechanism fights against nerve cells;
- goutand others.
Pain sensations in the occipital region are pulsating, burning, characterized by lumbago. They are similar to a lightning strike.
Arise suddenly, end also unexpectedly. Often the patient has emotional instability.
Also, he has an increased susceptibility to bright light.
Even small turns (slopes) of the neck can provoke painful attacks, nausea, vomiting. Discomfort is enhanced by palpation of the problem area of the neck.
Diagnostic techniques and help
The most accurately reported to a specialist - orthopedist or neurologist - signs of malaise will help to identify neuralgia. To substantiate / disprove the presence of the disease will help the use of computer and / or magnetic resonance imaging.
Bear in mind that the earlier the treatment is administered, the higher the chance of avoiding surgical intervention.
Positive results give application at the initial stages:
- therapeutic massage;
- thermal compresses;
- Exercise therapy;
- ultrasound and laser therapy;
- manual therapy.
The fight against the disease is carried out with the help of:
- anticonvulsants: Gabapentina, Finlepsin;
- anti-inflammatory drugs: Hydrocortisone, Dextamethasone, Metipred;
- means that have a relaxing effecton the muscles: Midokalma, Sirdaluda.
If the cause of poor health is hypertension
"Silent killer" - this is how many doctors call arterial hypertension - most often provokes soreness in the cervical region, the occipital region of the head. Pain increases in the morning, ceases (stops) in the late evening.
Cephalgia occurs due to a decrease in the lumen of the cerebral vessels, the dilatation of the veins. It often "visits" hypertensive patients, if the upper mark of pressure reaches values of 195-270 mm Hg. column. It can also be fixed for a jump in the lower indicators by more than 25%.
Vascular cephalgia often occurs suddenly. Attacks have a different duration. For her, there is a pressing, bursting character. Although recorded on both sides of the head, but stronger - in the occipital region. Has an average or increased level of intensity.
Useful information: How to cope with headache, chills and weakness
Often accompanied by:
- heart palpitations;
- cutting painin the eyeballs;
- discomfortin the field of the myocardium.
Diagnostic techniques and help
Eliminate cefalgia in the early stages of hypertension with:
- hot foot baths(40-45 °, duration - 15-20 minutes);
- applying mustard plaster(preferably through a layer of medical gauze) to the nape of the neck;
- mustard compressin the area of the soles - you can fill a dry powder (1-2 teaspoons) in socks;
- walks(regular!) in the "green" zone;
- ingestionValerian root infusion (2 tbsp. spoons).
It will help to relieve the headache and self-massage, including stroking and kneading the disturbing zones. Its duration should not exceed 7 minutes.
Means from the people's treasury
Gentle treatment can be done with the help of home remedies. So, a few proven ways:
- Add in a liter of cold water 2 tbsp. spoons of apple (grape) vinegar. Dampen a strip of cotton cloth in it and attach it to the feet for 5-10 minutes. It is also possible to apply a wetted flap to the temporal region. The pressure normalizes - problems with the neck, the head will disappear.
- A bunch of leaves of parsley garden, a pinch of lily white and two small lemon (with peel) chop in a blender. Pour the loose gruel with natural honey and put it for 6-7 days in a cool shaded place. Use 2 teaspoons before eating.
If the soreness in the nape is caused by meningococcal infection
Excessive production of cerebrospinal fluid leads to swelling of the meninges. Rapid intensification of intracranial pressure leads to the excitation of pain receptors.
Negative manifestations directly affect the intensity of cephalalgia.
Its rapid, bursting character is observed from the first hours of pathology, goes in conjunction with nausea, vomiting.
An abnormal process is characterized by:
- acute, intractable headache;
- a sharp increase in temperaturebody;
- repeated vomiting, which does not give relief;
- rashesbright pinkish (reddish) hue;
- diarrhea(often in children);
- vertigo, a violation of consciousness (even before confluence into a coma).
Cephalgia occurs more often in the occipital region. Stiffness (soreness, increased tone, tension) of the muscles of the occiput is a characteristic feature of meningitis.
The development of rigidity, mainly occurs after the disappearance of symptoms characteristic of diseases of the upper respiratory tract: bronchitis, colds, sinusitis.
Diagnostic techniques and help
Diagnosis of pathology is based on the results:
- general and biochemical blood tests;
- studies of cerebrospinal fluid;
- magnetic resonance and computed tomography;
- electromyography and electroencephalography.
Infectious disease should never be treated on its own. Treatment is prescribed by doctors, carried out only in a hospital setting. Folk remedies can only supplement medical treatment, will help improve the patient's well-being.
- Reducing the headache contributes to a temporary refusal of food (always in consultation with doctors!) At least within a day, a maximum of three. It is important to cleanse the intestines after a night rest, before bed.
- To eliminate cephalalgia and mint broth. It is prepared quite simply: a spoonful of leaves is brewed with a cup of boiling water, it is insisted for several hours, it is filtered.
- Decoction of thistle is effective in the occurrence of convulsive movements.
- It will help reduce cephalgia, relieve tension in the nape of the decoction of lavender. It is an effective dehydrating agent. To make it, you should pour half of the inflorescence glass, l boiled water, insist 15 minutes. Eat 3-4 r. / Day.
- Analgesics have baths with needles of coniferous trees.
A source: http://bolitgolova.net/vidyisimptomy/bolit-zatylok-golovy-i-sheya.html
Headache in the nape - reasons, treatment
Headache in the back of the head or, more simply, the back of the head often bothers people. This unpleasant symptomatology can only sometimes overpower a person, and may be present for years.
Is it a trifle that you should not pay attention to? Many believe that yes, and for the hundredth time swallow the familiar Citramon pill, causing addiction to this drug and only.
But the body never sends us false signals, and the pain in the nape may be a symptom of a particular pathological process.
Pain is always a dysfunctional symptom, so do not let go of the painful discomfort in the back of your neck and engage in useless self-medication.
Causes of pain in the nape and features of its manifestation in various pathologies
Acute headache is not without reason.
The causes of headache in the nape often lie in the vascular, neurological pathology and diseases of the spine.
According to this or that pathology, the occipital headache has its own peculiarities, which, as a rule, the patient can clearly express to the doctor.
Therefore, one-off cases of such a pain syndrome should not cause disturbances, but a long and often recurring symptomatology, of course, is an occasion for visiting a doctor.
Cervical osteochondrosis is one of the common causes of headache in the nape of the neck. The disease is characterized by the destruction of the intervertebral discs of the cervical vertebrae.
Pain syndrome in cervical osteochondrosis is of a strictly permanent nature and, in addition to the occiput, is localized in the neck and temporal region.
At movements and inclinations of a head painful displays become stronger.
With the development of vertebrobasilar syndrome, occipital pains are combined with noise phenomena in the ears and hearing loss, nausea and vomiting, involuntary contractions of the diaphragm, violations are observed coordination (see para. causes of noise in the ears, causes of noise in the head).
A person is disturbed by visual disturbances - shroud, fog and double vision. Often there are severe dizziness, and when you roll over or suddenly turn your head, a person may fall, losing the ability to move for a while, but remains conscious.
For osteochondrosis is also characterized by cervical migraine, painful attack occurs suddenly and is projected in the right or left side of the nape, extending to the temporal and superciliary areas. At the same time there is dizziness with noise discomfort in the ears, as well as an episode of darkening in the eyes.
In cervical spondylosis, the connective tissue of the vertebral ligaments degenerates into bone. On the vertebrae, there are bony growths that significantly impair mobility of the neck, causing stiffness in any turns of the head.
Pain in the occipital zone is marked by constancy and spreading to the ears and eyes. Turns, as well as head inclinations, cause pain intensification, but even when the head is still, the pain syndrome persists.
As a rule, sleep is disturbed. The disease is most typical for people with the characteristics of the labor process, expressed in the forced position of the body and lack of mobility during the shift, as well as for elderly patients.
Hypertensive attack is accompanied by the emergence of raspiruyuschih pain in the occipital segment of the head with pulsation, which often begin already at the time of awakening.
Occipital pain accompanies dizziness and a feeling of a "heavy" head, general weakness and rapid heartbeat can be observed. The pain becomes palpable when the head is tilted.
Such occipital pain becomes less intense after a sudden vomiting.
Increased intracranial pressure
The constant pressing headache corresponding to this pathology can be felt on the entire head or localized only in the occiput.
The nature of pain - pressing and bursting, the impact of bright light and loud sounds dramatically increases the intensity of the pain syndrome. Characteristic vomiting, which does not reduce pain syndrome.
To the occipital pain is attached a sense of heaviness in the head, as well as pain in the eyeballs.
With cervical myositis, there is inflammation of the neck muscles. The cause may be overcooling, uncomfortable neck position and trauma. Pain occurs when the head moves and starts from the neck, then spreads to the nape, shoulder and interscapular area. The asymmetry of pain is characteristic.
Myogelosis of the cervical spine
Myogelosis of the cervical spine is characterized by a violation of the muscle circulation, which leads to the appearance of painful seals in the neck. There is an occipital headache, which is accompanied by sheer dizziness, as well as stiffness of the muscular tissue of the shoulders and neck.
Neuralgia of the occipital nerve
Neuralgia or inflammation of the occipital often accompanies osteochondrosis and other diseases of the cervical spine.
Subcooling can cause neuralgia of this type.
Pain in the nape is very strong, even burning and shooting, characterized by a paroxysmal course.
Then the pain spreads to the neck, ears, as well as the lower jaw and back. Any changes in the position of the head, as well as coughing lead to a sharp increase in headache.
During the interictal period there is a pain of pressing character in the occipital region of the head.
With prolonged course of the disease, excessive sensation of the scalp on the occipital part occurs.
When spasms of arteries located on the surface or inside the skull, there are pulsating pains that begin in the occipital part of the head and then quickly spread to the forehead. During the movement, the pain syndrome becomes more intense, while at rest it decreases.
The pain associated with the difficulty of flow from the head of venous blood, have a blunt and bursting character and are accompanied by a sense of heaviness in the head.
Pain begins in the back of the head, and then "spreads" over the entire head. When lowering the head, coughing, lying down, it increases.
Often, such pain begins in the morning and is accompanied by edema of the lower eyelids..
Another name for the syndrome is the pain of tension. The basis of the pain is vascular pathology, such as narrowing the lumen or increased brittleness of the walls of the vessels. There are pains in severe physical labor, while performing certain physical exercises with a high load..
In the occipital and frontal parts of the head there is a constant sense of heaviness, "creepy" and tingling. Sometimes a person feels a kind of squeezing the head with a non-existent rope or cap. Pain of moderate intensity, not accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Nuchal pain in the moment of orgasm
This pain has a vascular origin, since orgasm is accompanied by a high pressure increase. This pain is experienced by people suffering from vegetative-vascular dystonia.
Being in a forced position of the body during the working shift, accompanied by tension in the muscles of the neck, leads to the development of sharp headaches in the back of the head.
This syndrome affects drivers, programmers, jewelers, watchmakers, seamstresses, etc. The pains are long, have a blunt character and decrease with neck movements of the head.
Rubbing the cervical region and occiput also helps to reduce the severity of pain.
Malocclusion of bite
Violations of the bite can provoke pains of blunt character in the nape of the neck, which extend to the ear and parietal region, it can be localized from below or in one side. Pain begins in the daytime and gradually intensifies toward evening.
Pain under stress
Stress pain is most typical for women. The nature and duration of their different, the normalization of the psychological state leads to the disappearance of painful manifestations in the nape.
Treatment of pain in the occipital part of the head
Treatment should be preceded by a full diagnosis and elucidation of its causes.
In the presence of severe headache in the back of the head, treatment is possible after contacting the therapist, who will conduct primary diagnosis and refer to a narrow specialist.
As a rule, taking control of the underlying disease leads to the leveling of unpleasant symptoms, including headache in the nape.
Serious pathologies, such as hypertension and increased intracranial pressure, require the use of emergency etiotropic therapy.
When diagnosing diseases that do not directly threaten the patient's life, but constantly progressing, a set of therapeutic measures is appointed, among which the most common following techniques:
- Massage. Many noticed that even a simple grinding of the neck and neck helps to significantly reduce the severity of pain. A purposeful massage of certain muscle groups with a previously known diagnosis does wonders. But trust this responsible business should only professionals. Massage is prescribed by the courses, which can be repeated in a month or two. Independently, you can slightly rub the tight parts of the head and neck, while taking a comfortable position of the body. With hypertension and spondylosis, massage is prohibited.
- Physiotherapy. Specially selected exercises can relieve strained muscles and ligaments of the neck and spine as a whole, thereby improving the movement of blood through the vessels. This technique has no contraindications, the main thing - the correct execution of exercises.
- Physiotherapy (magnetotherapy, ultrasound or laser treatment, electrophoresis) spondylosis, myogelosis, osteochondrosis, increased intracranial pressure, neuralgia of the occipital nerve, vascular pain.
- Manual therapy. This is a special treatment technique, not related to massage, although it is performed with the help of a doctor. It helps well with pain in the nape, provoked by cervical osteochondrosis, myoglosis, neuralgia of the occipital nerve, with professional and stressful pain.
- Acupuncture. The procedure is justified for neuralgia of the occipital nerve, cervical osteochondrosis, stress and consists of a point effect on biologically active zones on the surface of the skin.
- Cranial osteopathy has proved itself for the correction of cervical osteochondrosis.
- Normalization of the wakefulness and rest regime, healthy lifestyle often solve the problem of the occipital headache without treatment. This recommendation is common to all pathologies and is of fundamental importance in the success of the treatment.
A source: http://zdravotvet.ru/prichiny-golovnoj-boli-v-zatylke/