1Acupuncture: indications, treatment, benefit and harm, contraindications
- 1.1The essence of acupuncture - theories explaining the therapeutic effect
- 1.2Reflex mechanisms of acupuncture
- 1.3How the needle works
- 1.4The effect of acupuncture on the body
- 1.5Contraindications to acupuncture
- 1.7Relative - the decision on the possibility of treatment is taken by the doctor individually:
- 1.8What does the patient feel when stitching the needles?
- 1.9Harm to acupuncture - side effects
2Acupuncture: indications for the treatment of the spine and contraindications
- 2.1Mechanism of treatment
- 2.2Indications for use of acupuncture
- 2.3Acupuncture: contraindications and complications
3Acupuncture: indications and contraindications, reviews
- 3.1Acupuncture: Indications
- 3.2Acupuncture for pregnant women
- 3.3Acupuncture for children
- 3.4Acupuncture of contraindication
- 3.5Acupuncture: side effects
- 3.6Reviews about acupuncture
4Iglor reflexology - indications and contraindications. Treatment with acupuncture
- 4.1What is acupuncture?
- 4.2Acupuncture - the mechanism of development of therapeutic effect
- 4.3A session of acupuncture - how does it happen?
- 4.4Acupuncture - indications
- 4.5Acupuncture - contraindications
- 4.6Acupuncture - special instructions and possible complications
- 4.7Features of treatment of acupuncture for various diseases
- 4.8Needle reflexotherapy for osteochondrosis
- 4.9Acupuncture for weight loss
- 4.10Acupuncture with hernia
- 4.11Acupuncture - what heals and how it works.
Acupuncture: indications, treatment, benefit and harm, contraindications
Acupuncture is a popular therapeutic technique, a kind of reflexotherapy that allows you to get rid of many ailments and diseases.
When performing the procedure, external irritants are used - the needles acting on an extremely small area of the skin surface, or more precisely the nerve endings located in the tissues.
However, any treatment procedure (acupuncture is not an exception), has a number of contraindications and should not be used without the doctor's indications.
The basis of this therapeutic method is the practical experience of ancient oriental medicine - Chinese acupuncture was practiced before BC.
and is popular in the country until now.
Over time, the possibilities of the technique have expanded, more and more diseases and symptoms can be tried to cure with thin needles.
The uniqueness of acupuncture needles consists in launching different variants of reflex reactions, which depend on the method and depth of their formulations. Reflex reactions are able to change the functional state of all parts of the nervous system and affect the trophism of tissues.
The essence of acupuncture - theories explaining the therapeutic effect
There are several theories explaining the therapeutic effect of acupuncture.
- The change in the electric discharge at the local level when the needle is placed in a point affects the electric discharge of the organism. Potential from the acupuncture point spreads through the channel and additionally irritates other reflex points.
- Bioelectric currents create resonance, which has a therapeutic effect. When the frequency of oscillations and the wavelength of the biocurrents coincide with the same indications of the tissues of the organ changed, a positive therapeutic effect occurs;
- Electrical theory.
- Theory of histamine alignment. Normalization of the level of histidine and histamine, formed in the affected organs at the reflex level, by applying needles to certain segments of the sympathetic CNS and spinal cord. This leads to a normalization of metabolism and capillary blood flow.
- Theory of normalization of blood flow in capillaries. The effect of needles leads to a normalization of blood flow in the capillaries, which leads to a secondary effect - the elimination of pathological changes in a particular organ or system.
- Theory of tissue therapy. It is believed that the therapeutic effect is exerted by protein decay products and necrohormones formed at the point of needle placement during tissue trauma.
- Thermoelectric concept. The needle acts as a unique thermosonde and affects the thermal homeostasis. When the needle is immersed in an electrolyte medium, an electrical potential appears on it, which is optimal for affecting the nervous system. In this case, biphasic temperatures are noted: excitation is accompanied by a local increase in temperature due to increased blood flow; The inhibition is accompanied by a local decrease in temperature. Needles made of gold have less thermal conductivity and are exciting, while silver needles help to achieve the effect of inhibition.
- Theory of hypnosis. Hypnosis is a special state of consciousness, in which a directional change in perception and memory is possible. The arterial pressure at acupuncture rises to such level, as at reaction on painful irritant (read about the norm of blood pressure), but analgesia - is significantly higher than during ordinary hypnosis. Unlike psychotherapeutic methods, acupuncture works by stimulating the somatic receptors of nerve fibers and the peripheral nervous system.
Reflex mechanisms of acupuncture
The reflex principle of action is generally accepted and is recognized as official medicine, explaining the benefits of acupuncture.
Reflex response is realized with involvement of humoral and nervous mechanisms and participation of the majority of brain structures.
Knowing somatotopic and visceral innervation, it is possible to direct a certain function or organ of a person through an external reflex action.
The choice of acupuncture points (acupuncture points) and the depth of their conducting is carried out on the basis of the structure of the irritated tissues and the zone of action.
The response is realized through the nervous system.
The stimulation of a particular reflex point causes the strongest reaction within that metamer or spinal segment with which this point is most closely related.
This principle was called "metameric reflexotherapy." To date, this mechanism of action has a proven neuroanatomical justification, since Spinal segments include not only areas of the skin, but also muscles, ligaments, bones, internal organs and vessels.
How the needle works
The needle has an exciting effect on the "fast" sensitive nerve fibers: the nerve impulse is faster will get into the brain, rather than a painful impulse from the diseased organ that goes along the "slow" fibers. When ingested into the brain, the pulse from the needle activates inhibitory interneurons that block parts of the brain that perceive pain from the affected organ.
Improvement of general condition.
At the acupuncture point, there are nerve endings that refer to the endorphinergic system (the centers of this system are localized in the central gray matter and the nuclear seam of the brain). Excitation of these endings leads to the release of endorphins by the pituitary, providing relaxing and analgesic effects comparable to opium preparations.
Activation of blood supply and innervation. Through the reflex point, the needle activates the area of the brain that regulates the work of an individual organ. Stimulates its blood supply and innervation, which greatly accelerates recovery.
The effect of acupuncture on the body
- Improve blood circulation;
- Normalization of metabolism;
- Improvement of mental state, which is expressed in relaxation or stimulation of the central nervous system (depending on the points of acupuncture);
- Elimination of edema;
- Increased immunity;
- Anti-inflammatory effect;
- Normalization of the hormonal background;
- Improvement of skin condition.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis, osteochondrosis, periarthritis, arthrosis, myositis, sprain, bursitis, fractures, calcaneal spur, scoliosis. Often acupuncture is prescribed for osteochondrosis - it is impossible to completely cure with needles, but it is really possible to significantly reduce the unpleasant symptomatology. The most effective acupuncture is considered for problems in the cervical spine.
- Pathologies of the nervous system: vegeto-vascular dystonia, neuritis, neuralgia, sciatica, vertebral hernia, dizziness, migraine, nocturnal enuresis, neurosis, hysteria, nervous tics.
- Diseases of the respiratory system: chronic laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchial asthma, bronchitis, chronic pneumonia is not acute.
- Pathologies of the heart and blood vessels: cardiac blockade, arrhythmias, hypotension, hypertension 1-2 st.
- Diseases of the digestive organs: gastralgia, nausea, gastroduodenitis, gastrointestinal disorders of functional genesis, peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer, cholestasis (bile stasis), constipation.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system: prostatitis, chronic cystitis, nephritis.
- Diseases of the female sphere: infertility on the background of hormonal imbalance, dysfunction of the ovaries, menopause, menstrual irregularities.
- Diseases of the eye: oculomotor disorders, strabismus, drop in visual acuity.
- Allergies: skin itching, neurodermatitis, eczema, urticaria.
- Endocrine diseases: type 2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis and mild thyroiditis, hypothalamic syndrome.
- Harmful habits: alcoholism, smoking, drug addiction. Acupuncture from smoking and other addictions gives a positive effect only with the persistent motivation of a person to get rid of a bad habit.
- Obesity. Acupuncture for weight loss is especially recommended for tipping points, when the person leaves the will power and motivation to achieve a normal weight.
It should be understood that acupuncture can not be regarded as a monomethodic method - it is used in complex treatment with diet therapy, medication and other medications. The most active needles are positioned for the treatment of the spine, but one should not expect miracles. For example, if an operation is already indicated for the treatment of hernia, acupuncture can not be considered as the main method.
Contraindications to acupuncture
- children's age up to 12 months. Many are wondering whether it is possible to acupuncture for babies up to a year, especially with various pathologies of the central nervous system, in which the procedure gives a positive effect. The age of up to 12 months is considered an absolute contraindication, since there is a risk of damage to thin skin and underlying structures;
- oncological diseases and benign tumors - activation of blood circulation leads to acceleration of tumor growth or metastasis;
- blood diseases (leukemia, hemophilia) - deterioration of the state of the organs of blood and blood;
- mental illness - even minor pain and discomfort during the procedure can trigger an attack of excitement or an unpredictable reaction;
- alcoholic or narcotic intoxication - an inadequate reaction from the patient's strings is also possible;
- fever - a violation of the mechanisms that provide a therapeutic effect of the procedure;
- infectious diseases (hepatitis, venereal diseases, purulent inflammatory diseases, AIDS, tuberculosis in an open form) - the procedure can contribute to the spread of the pathogen by organism;
- diseases of the immune system - the risk of autoimmune pathologies;
- acute pain of unclear genesis - this can be a manifestation of diseases in which the procedure is contraindicated;
- complicated pregnancy - the procedure stimulates uterine contraction and can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
Relative - the decision on the possibility of treatment is taken by the doctor individually:
- pregnancy. In the second half of pregnancy this treatment is not recommended even under normal conditions;
- age of patients is more than 70 years;
- multiple sclerosis;
- hypothalamic syndrome with trophic and neuroendocrine disorders;
- muscular dystrophy progressing;
- period of menstruation in women;
- physical overwork, emotional overstrain.
- Do not use acupuncture points on the front of the head and face in children under 7 years;
- skin lesions of any etiology at the point of needle placement;
- varicose veins (do not place needles in venation sites);
- scars, scars.
- Even official medicine recognizes that in order for the treatment to be effective, one must believe in success;
- You can not come to the procedure immediately after a meal or on an empty stomach, or after an intravenous injection;
- Tell your doctor about all medications taken before the procedure;
- Before the procedure, you can not go to the sauna or bath;
- During the course of treatment should refrain from drinking alcohol;
- During the procedure a person should feel comfortable. Undesirable hypothermia, as spasmodic muscles and blood vessels reduce the effect of treatment.
The acupuncture room is equipped in such a way that a person experiences psychological comfort. If several patients are treated at the same time, each has an individual cabin or a fenced couch. The procedure can be accompanied by light music, which positively affects the treatment of neurosis, hysteria and other pathologies of the nervous system.
After disinfecting the skin, the doctor carefully twists the needles into certain biologically active points or the needle is inserted using a special apparatus. Points are selected depending on the patient's illness (for example, with cervical osteochondrosis, acupuncture points are located at the inner edge of the scapula, etc.).
Usually for one session put 8-10 needles, which are in the patient's body for 20-40 minutes. By the end of the procedure some needles leave the tissues themselves or the doctor extracts them painlessly for the patient.
Multiplicity and duration of treatment are determined individually, but in any case, you should be prepared for a course of 10-12 procedures that are conducted daily.
For the treatment of newly emerging pathologies in complex therapy, 1 course of acupuncture is sufficient, while chronic pathologies require needle treatment once a quarter.
Some patients report relief after the first acupuncture, others need several weeks after the session is over, so that the body responds positively. In any case, the effect of the procedure is an individual indicator, which depends on the state of the organism.
What does the patient feel when stitching the needles?
In general, the procedure is well tolerated and does not cause discomfort, much less severe pain. The sensations when setting up the needles are individual and depend on the individual sensitivity threshold.
The needles have a rounded edge, so they do not pierce the skin, but push it apart.
During the procedure, a person feels a ripple and a slight pressure in the acupuncture points.
Perhaps a feeling of slight tingling, sensation of itching and heat. Some patients note a feeling of heaviness, numbness, electric shock.
Harm to acupuncture - side effects
After acupuncture, some patients develop unwanted effects:
- bruising and pain in the place of setting the needle (with damage to the blood vessel);
- infection with blood-borne diseases (hepatitis C, B, HIV), which is associated with non-compliance with the rules of disinfection of needles;
- damage to underlying tissues as a result of low skill of the doctor and violation of needle placement technique;
- malignization of benign formations when they are injured with a needle (moles, keloid scars);
- falling blood pressure, down to fainting.
A source: http://zdravotvet.ru/igloukalyvanie-pokazaniya-lechenie-polza-i-vred-protivopokazaniya/
Acupuncture: indications for the treatment of the spine and contraindications
To date, acupuncture (otherwise it is called acupuncture, acupuncture, reflexology, acupuncture) is quite a popular method of treating a number of diseases. What is its essence, and what should be known to the patient to whom it is appointed? Is acupuncture able to help with pain in the back and spine?
In Chinese medicine, this method of treatment has been used for many centuries.
In Europe, the United States and Canada, he came not so long ago - in the 50s of the twentieth century. Speaking about the energy essence of acupuncture, it consists in influencing the constantly circulating vital energy of Qi by introducing thin steel needles into special points on the human body.
Thus, the flow of energy is regulated to improve the patient's condition.
Acupuncture is officially recognized as a therapeutic method by the World Health Organization (WHO). The list of diseases in which it is recommended, according to clinical trials, consists of 28 items.
Scientists also note that when the needle is applied to specific points on the skin, an instantaneous reflex response of the internal organs corresponding to them takes place. His strength and character can be controlled.
So treatment of various diseases by means of acupuncture occurs.
The undoubted advantage of acupuncture is that the use of such therapy is indicated to patients who have been found to be intolerant of medications.
Mechanism of treatment
If we ignore energy flows and speak the language of dry medical facts, then the mechanism of acupuncture impact on the human body is as follows:
- Pain is reduced by stimulating the production in the body of special substances that affect the emotional state of a person and the perception of painful sensations - endorphins and enkephalins - of endogenous opiates that share a common analgesic action.
- Stimulated release into the blood - cortisol, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect.
- Improves microcirculation and normalizes arterial and venous circulation. The swelling of tissues is gone, the regeneration processes are started.
- The synthesis of serotonin is included, under the influence of which the mood and health improve, there is a surge of strength. In addition, the sedative effect of serotonin increases the effectiveness of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The muscle tone is normalized, the spasms of the paravertebral (near-vertebral) muscles go away.
Indications for use of acupuncture
- According to WHO studies, acupuncture is indicated in the following diseases:
- allergic rhinitis (including hay fever);
- biliary colic;
- different types of depression;
- dysentery, acute bacteriosis;
- primary disorders of the menstrual cycle;
- diseases of the stomach (ulcers, spasms, acute and chronic gastritis);
- facial pains;
- primary hypertension and hypotension;
- humerus arthritis;
- renal colic;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- sciatica nerve inflammation;
- inflammation of the tendon of the elbow.
Acupuncture is effective for the immediate blocking of pain in the spine and joints, post-operative and dental pain.
Can be used to eliminate the adverse effects of radio and chemotherapy in cancerous diseases: nausea, vomiting, dry mouth.
Now it is very popular and effective to use acupuncture for weight loss..
Clinically proved the effectiveness of acupuncture for the treatment of diseases caused by degenerative-dystrophic processes (with osteochondrosis, spondylosis, spinal hernias and protrusions of intervertebral discs), which is confirmed by numerous reviews patients. It perfectly helps in the removal of pain in radiculitis or in the case of pinching and inflammation of the nerve roots due to the pronounced analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect..
Obvious Advantages of Acupunctureas therapy of such diseases are as follows:
- Any allergic reaction is excluded, as medicines are not used;
- there are practically no side effects, and the list of contraindications to treatment is very short;
- Acupuncture uses only its own protective and restorative reserves of the body;
- the procedure is practically painless;
- the session of acupuncture lasts only 20-30 minutes.
Positive changes occur after the first exposure. Persistent effect provides a course of ten to fifteen sessions. They can be conducted every other day or every day.
When treating herniated spine, it is worth considering that acupuncture will be more effective if the patient's age is less than 50 years.
In other cases, the development of an individual exposure program is necessary,the method of moxotherapy - heating of needles with the help of burning pyramids from medicinal herbs.
Acupuncture: contraindications and complications
Acupuncture is the most sparing option for providing medical care for back pain and spine diseases. However, acupuncture with a large list of indications has its own contraindications.
You can not useacupuncture with:
- infectious diseases;
- presence of malignant and benign tumors;
- severe exhaustion of the body;
- hypertensive crisis;
- the state of narcotic trance and alcoholic intoxication.
Acupuncture is not used to treat patients older than 75 years, since in this case it is ineffective.
This method of therapy does not have serious side effects, provided that the effect is experienced by an expert.
To reduce their likelihood before the start of the course, it is necessary to inform the doctor about which medications and physiotherapy procedures are used in parallel with acupuncture. Immediately before the session itself:
- to refuse to engage in sports;
- do not receive intravenous injections of medicines;
- take a small amount of food, preferring light dishes without spices;
- empty the bladder.
Women are not recommended to use acupuncture during menstruation.
An indication that the session should be stopped is dizziness, increased pain, increased sweating, chills and nausea. Such manifestations indicate a sharp drop in the patient's blood pressure or talk about the wrong choice of acupuncture points.
Other side effects include:
- fracture or bending of the needle for acupuncture;
- formation of a hematoma;
- bleeding at the injection site due to rupture of small vessels.
Since acupuncture uses disposable needles made of medical steel, infection of the skin and deep tissues is virtually impossible.
The effectiveness and safety of this method of therapy directly depends on how experienced and talented is the acupuncture specialist. The most reasonable option is to apply for this kind of treatment to certified medical centers or public medical institutions.
A source: http://pomogispine.com/lechenie/iglorefleksoterapiya.html
Acupuncture: indications and contraindications, reviews
Acupuncture is one of the most ancient effects on the human body without the use of any medication.
This doctrine originated several thousand years ago in China. Its basis lies in the presence on the human body of energy points, when exposed to which you can completely change the circulation of energy in the body.
It is thanks to this change that you can eventually achieve many effects, including getting rid of serious diseases.
Affect all these points with special needles, but they must be introduced only by a specialist who understands this science and knows which of the points on the body is responsible for the work of which organ.
But remember, has acupuncture indications and contraindications, so the doctor should prescribe the procedure.
Apply acupuncture for many diseases:
- Musculoskeletal system: arthrosis, arthritis, heel spurs, muscle strain, scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and many others.
- Nervous system: neuralgia, migraine, nocturnal enuresis, vegetative-vascular dystonia, radiculitis, etc.
- Respiratory system: asthma, chronic laryngitis and bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, cardiac blockade, hypertension and hypertension.
- Digestive system: constipation, diarrhea, peptic ulcer, stagnation in the bile duct.
- Genitourinary organs.
- Combating bad habits: smoking, drug addiction and alcoholism.
- Treatment of excess weight.
But as we have already said, acupuncture (indications and contraindications have a place) should not be shown in all cases, and this will only be explained to you by your doctor, only with his recommendation should you proceed to this method of treatment. Also it is necessary to know to each person, that apply acupuncture in a complex with medicines, a diet and other therapeutic procedures.
Acupuncture for pregnant women
This procedure helps pregnant women cope with toxicosis, reduced tone and weakness throughout the body.
Very good effect is observed from the toning procedure during the preparation for childbirth, especially in those cases when the course of treatment is started in advance.
In this case, not only the productivity of contractions increases, but they are also not so painful.
But each procedure has its pros and cons, as well as acupuncture and indications, and contraindications, including in the treatment of pregnant women.
Pregnancy in each woman proceeds in its own way, therefore, and the body's response to this procedure may be different.
It is for this reason, in order not to admit the deterioration of the condition, in no case can not apply a tonic course at the beginning of pregnancy and in those cases when there is a suspicion of miscarriage.
Also, every future mother should remember that if she was prescribed acupuncture, then in the abdomen and thighs the setting of needles is contraindicated.
Acupuncture for children
Very often, in the treatment of childhood diseases, an acupuncture procedure is prescribed. But every mother needs to know that she has acupuncture testimony and contraindications to children, so you need to know exactly the cause of the disease and undergo a full examination before applying it.
Adults and children have different treatment for this procedure. Acupuncture for children has its own characteristics. The first and most important thing is psychology. Children mostly resist and resist this procedure.
If in some cases it is possible to put needles even in such a state to the child, in others it is necessary to achieve complete peace of mind and relaxation of all muscles..
Therefore, before going to the procedure, it is better in the form of a game to prepare a child, so that he is not afraid and does not rest..
In what cases, acupuncture (indications and contraindications for children is important for parents) will be most useful? To small children till one year appoint it at neurologic pathologies and perinatal encephalopathy. If treatment is started on time, add medications to it, then severe consequences can be avoided, one of them is cerebral palsy.
Children after the year most often acupuncture is prescribed for allergies, vegetative-vascular dystonia, neuroses and cerebral palsy.
But this procedure should be prescribed by the attending physician who leads the child from his birth and knows everything about his condition, otherwise self-medication can aggravate the course of the illness.
Acupuncture of contraindication
Acupuncture helps with many diseases, especially if treatment is treated in a comprehensive way, but it is also not worth using. After all, acupuncture has indications and contraindications, which can lead to irreversible processes.
Among the contraindications, the following points can be noted:
- Age of child up to one year. It must be understood that the baby has too thin a skin, and the needle can cause damage internal organs, so in such cases, this procedure is rarely prescribed and in the most difficult cases.
- In tumors, it is also better not to use acupuncture, as this procedure improves blood flow in the body, and in turn it can provoke a rapid growth of neoplasms.
- In case of blood diseases, it should also be used in very rare cases.
- Mental disorders. It must be understood that this procedure can cause pain, and this in turn will cause an inadequate response in a patient with an upset mentality.
- With fever, AIDS, alcohol and drug intoxication, it is better not to apply this procedure.
Acupuncture: side effects
As we have already described in our article, this procedure can not always be useful.
And this is due to the fact that you need to introduce needles to different points on the human body, and this is pain and not very pleasant sensations, which can lead to aggravation of other diseases.
As already mentioned, has acupuncture indications and contraindications, the photo in the article will indicate some features of the procedure. It can bring not only its advantages in treatment, but there are also negative results.
The procedure has several side effects:
- Pain and small bruises.
- Through needles can be infected with hepatitis, AIDS and other infections.
- An inexperienced therapist can damage blood vessels, nerves and tendons when entering the needle.
- Injuries can lead to rapid growth of tumors.
- Reduced blood pressure.
But you need to remember that you can get a positive effect from the procedure only if an experienced doctor conducts it. But anyway, even if it has acupuncture indications and contraindications, people's reviews still indicate its effectiveness.
Reviews about acupuncture
This procedure, although not everyone likes, but the testimonies of people who have already experienced it on themselves are mostly positive.
Young mothers who encounter such a disease in children, like cerebral palsy, say that after this procedure their children have significant progress in treatment.
Also very satisfied were those parents who, with the help of this procedure, treated their children from nocturnal enuresis, in most cases managed to cope with the problem.
Not only positive reviews received a procedure from the parents of young children, but also most adults were satisfied with the result of the treatment and were able, if not completely get rid of the disease, then to facilitate it flow.
A source: http://.ru/article/185863/iglorefleksoterapiya-pokazaniya-i-protivopokazaniya-otzyivyi
Iglor reflexology - indications and contraindications. Treatment with acupuncture
At what diseases is acupuncture shown and is it really as effective as it is said about.
Acupuncture is a kind of oriental reflex physiotherapy, which is based on the relationship of individual skin areas with certain organs through nerve endings.
This procedure is carried out with the help of disposable needles, which are put on the appropriate points in view of the diagnosis..
Specialists in acupuncture - acupuncturists - argue that in this way you can improve your body and get rid of most diseases..
Supporters of this technique testify that often one complete course is enough to forget forever the pains in the back, excess weight or problems with muscle tone. Is it really so, and what is the secret of the effectiveness of acupuncture?
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese treatment with dry acupuncture, which has been successfully used by Chinese healers for more than four thousand years.
For the first time this doctor of medicine, Sun Suimyao, described this treatment in detail. Information about the therapeutic effects of acupuncture is contained in his many years of work, entitled "A Thousand Gold Recipes which dates from the 7th century.
Four centuries later, the first textbooks on acupuncture appeared in the Middle Kingdom with a detailed description of the location of all points. These textbooks were made in the form of bronze mannequins, on which more than 600 points were designated.
The peculiarity of acupuncture is strict locality, and the possibility of reflex action on certain nerve endings with the subsequent involvement of different levels of the central nervous system.
When the needle is placed on the selected point, an immediate response of the corresponding organ or system takes place, and its strength and duration can be easily controlled. This is the essence of the healing process.
But from the point of view of ancient medicine, the essence of this treatment is to restore the energy flow of Qi as a result of the introduction of needles into "life points".
Acupuncture - the mechanism of development of therapeutic effect
If we ignore complex scientific terms and different theories, then the mechanism of the effect of acupuncture on the human body is as follows:
- The anesthetic effect is achieved by stimulating the synthesis of specific substances - endorphins - that can affect the psychoemotional background and sensitivity to pain stimuli. These biological compounds are endogenous opiates, which show a strong analgesic effect.
- All inflammatory processes are dulled, which is achieved by the synthesis of an additional amount of cortisol, the hormone responsible for the metabolism.
- The level of arterial pressure is restored, swelling goes away and the natural process of tissue regeneration is activated. Stabilized microcirculation and venous blood flow.
- Synthesis of serotonin solves the problem with a bad mood, a decline in strength, depression.
- Normalization of the internal organs causes the restoration of the immune system.
- Achieved the full balance of muscle tone.
An important advantage of acupuncture is its accessibility for patients who are intolerant of drug treatment. But there is a lack of acupuncture - price.
The cost of one session depends strongly on the degree of the specialist and the severity of the patient's illness. On average, one session of acupuncture costs from 500 to several thousand rubles.
A session of acupuncture - how does it happen?
The sessions of acupuncture are held in specially equipped rooms.
The patient is placed on a comfortable couch surrounded by a pleasant atmosphere - light music can play, the aroma lamp or candles can burn.
This is done to achieve complete relaxation, without which the procedure does not provide a full-fledged therapeutic effect.
The acupuncturist disinfects the patient's skin in the places where the needles will be placed. Then, manually or by means of the machine, the needles are screwed into the selected points. The procedure is painless and safe, as all tools are sterile, and needles are disposable.
At a time, put 7 to 10 needles, depending on the purpose of treatment. On average, for one session of acupuncture, points are stimulated for 30-40 minutes.
During this time, some needles are discarded independently, and the rest are extracted by a specialist.
Treatment is carried out in short courses for 10-20 procedures with a break of 2-3 months.
For the procedure, needles of different lengths and diameters are used, which does not affect the final result.
The choice of this or that kit basically depends on the preferences of the specialist.
Needles are made of stainless steel and have a rounded end, which minimizes the pain when screwing.
Acupuncture - indications
Acupuncture began to practice successfully in Europe only in the 50s of the last century. But to date, this technique has been recognized by the World Health Organization and is considered effective in treating 28 diseases.
The reason for acupuncture is considered to be such diseases:
- Injuries and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Acupuncture gives a good result for arthritis, fractures, sprains, arthroses, scoliosis. This technique is used to alleviate the symptoms of osteochondrosis. Especially effective is acupuncture with cervical osteochondrosis.
- The defeat of the nervous system. There is relief of discomfort and a decrease in other symptomatic manifestations with migraine, nervous tic, neuralgia, neuritis. Completely stabilizes the state of health in case of vegetovascular disorders, enuresis, radiculitis, hernia of the vertebral column.
- Diseases of the respiratory system. There is stable remission in bronchial asthma, as well as chronic forms of pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Disorders of the heart and vascular system. Hypo- and hypertension is cured, and arrhythmia decreases.
- Gynecological diseases. Acupuncture restores the hormonal background, eliminates infertility, relieves menopausal manifestations, normalizes the work of the ovaries.
- Allergic manifestations. Without medication, stitching of the needles heals from hives, eczema, dermatitis.
- Overweight. Acupuncture helps a person to be attuned to the fulfillment of the set goals and "not to break" in the process of fighting obesity.
- Eye diseases - myopia, strabismus, increased eye pressure.
- Pathology of the endocrine system. Maintain general health in diabetes, hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamic center.
- Bad habits. If there is a desire to overcome dependence, acupuncture helps to abandon alcohol and nicotine, sometimes - from narcotic drugs.
It is important to understand that acupuncture, from the point of view of modern medicine, is considered not as a monometodic, but as an addition to the main treatment.
An exception can be considered only the removal of a single-time pain syndrome, for example, with a strong migraine attack.
But if a patient has a diagnosis that requires surgical intervention or the use of strong drugs, then you should not expect miracles.
Acupuncture - contraindications
Complete contraindications to the procedure of acupuncture:
- Age up to 1 year. Often, parents who have children with different CNS diseases, including birth trauma, want to use this method of treatment. Unfortunately, up to 12 months, acupuncture is not performed, since there is a very high risk of complications in the form of damage to the skin and other very delicate underlying tissues.
- Mental disorders. During the procedure, there may be a weak pain syndrome and severe discomfort, which can cause the most unpredictable reactions in a person with any mental illness.
- Benign education or oncology process. The treatment promotes the strengthening of the general circulation of blood, due to which the division of cells and the growth of formations of any kind are accelerated.
- Diseases of the hematopoiesis system. In the presence of leukemia, anemia or hemophilia, the patient's condition may worsen.
- Intoxication of the body (alcoholic, medicamentous, narcotic). The increased burden on the body, which fights poisoning, can instead of a positive result from treatment, further aggravate the course of the disease.
- Fever - high temperature paired with acupuncture can give a very heavy load to all organs, including the brain, which can end fatal.
- Immune disorders. If the patient has a disease of the immune system, then acupuncture may provoke the development of autoimmune diseases (thyroiditis, diabetes, etc.).
- Bacterial viral diseases. With AIDS, hepatitis, rubella, purulent processes, venereal diseases, the procedure is not carried out, as this will promote the spread of pathogenic flora.
- Pain syndrome of uncertain origin. Before finding out the source or provocateur of pain, acupuncture of the spine is not prescribed, since the pain can be a symptom of the illness from the list of contraindications to the procedure.
- The second half of the gestational period. Even the successful course of pregnancy does not change the situation, and the procedure is not carried out so as not to provoke the onset of labor.
Relative contraindications (depending on each situation separately):
- Complete depletion of the body, for example, after illness, psychological stress, chronic fatigue, physical overstrain.
- The first trimester of pregnancy. Treatment with acupuncture is possible only in emergency cases and only after a comprehensive examination of the patient.
- Age category is 70+.
- Chronic diseases - epilepsy, atherosclerosis.
- Period of menstruation.
- Disorders of the hypothalamus with marked trophic changes.
- Rapidly progressive muscular dystrophy.
Zones where the procedure is not allowed:
- Skin areas with scars, wounds, scars.
- Part of the limbs affected by varicose veins.
- Face and nadlobny site of the head (children under 7 years).
- Affected skin areas (allergies, skin diseases, bruises).
Acupuncture - special instructions and possible complications
Before each session of acupuncture it is necessary to adhere to some elementary, but very important rules:
- At the time of the procedure, you need to aim at success - this will double the expected effect.
- It is undesirable to go to the procedure for an empty or, conversely, strongly full stomach. It is also better to wait with a session if you have to take an intravenous injection.
- If you have taken any medication, for example, anesthetic or sedative, be sure to inform the specialist.
- Do not visit the sauna before going to another session.
- It is forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages or narcotic substances for the period of treatment.
During the entire session, a person should feel comfortable. If you become cold, anxious or too painful, report this, otherwise the procedure will not be of use.
Side effects are observed with all the rules of the session unlikely, but there are exceptions in the form:
- Attacks of vomiting.
- Increased sweating.
- Bleeding or the appearance of bruising in puncture sites.
- Appearance of small damage as a result of a needle break.
The procedure is considered painless and delivers only a small discomfort. But much depends on the degree of pain threshold and skin sensitivity.
Therefore, each patient carries the process of screwing the needles individually. Unpleasant sensations in acupuncture, according to reviews, can manifest as weakness, chills, burning sensation or current shock.
Sometimes there may be a feeling of numbness, ripple or light pressure.
Features of treatment of acupuncture for various diseases
And now, let's consider what distinguishes acupuncture in the treatment of certain diseases.
Needle reflexotherapy for osteochondrosis
When osteochondrosis is stimulated from 6 to 12 active points located throughout the body, including the face, fingers and the spine.
Therapy is aimed at stimulating the production of opiates (anesthetic substances) to relieve pain and a sense of squeezing in a sore spot.
Immediately there is a process of suppression of inflammatory character and regeneration of cartilage and muscle tissue. Patients report a reduction in attacks of headaches and a feeling of stiffness in their movements.
Acupuncture for weight loss
To help a patient with obesity, a complex effect on the entire body is used.
To suppress the indomitable feeling of hunger, microneedles are installed in the auricles. To reduce the volume of the stomach, gastric points are stimulated.
If excess weight is the cause of unregulated eating behavior, points are used to suppress neuroses.
Acupuncture with hernia
Hernia is a painful condition that requires surgical intervention.
But at the first stages of the disease, acupuncture techniques help to stabilize the condition by equalizing the muscle tone and relieving pain.
Exposure to active points on the back, relieves tension in the intervertebral discs, therefore, spasm passes, and tension decreases.
Efficiency and, most importantly, the safety of acupuncture is directly dependent on the level of professionalism of the acupuncturist. Therefore, the best option would be to apply to frequent specialized centers with a license or government agencies.
Acupuncture - what heals and how it works.
A source: http://missbagira.ru/themes/health/iglorefleksoterapiya-pokazaniya-i-protivopokazaniya-lechenie-iglorefleksoterapiej