1What are the chondroprotectors for the treatment of joints?
- 1.1Mechanism of action of chondroprotectors
- 1.2How are the cartilage of the joints arranged?
- 1.3Application point for chondroprotectors
- 1.4Classification of chondroprotectors
- 1.5Types of chondroprotectors depending on the composition
- 1.6Types of chondroprotectors, depending on the generation
- 1.7Types of chondroprotectors depending on the method of administration
- 1.8How to choose a drug?
- 1.9A mono-drug or a combination?
- 1.10Company manufacturer
- 1.11Medical product or dietary supplements?
- 1.12Stage of the disease
- 1.13Indications and prohibitions to use
- 1.14List of the most effective chondroprotectors
2List of the most effective chondroprotectors for joints
- 2.1Characteristics of chondroprotectors
- 2.2Mechanism of action
- 2.3Classification of chondroprotectors
- 2.4Indications for use
- 2.6List of the most effective chondroprotectors
- 2.7Recommendations for use
- 2.8Features for treatment
- 2.9How to choose a chondroprotector for joints?
3Chondroprotectors - new generation drugs
- 3.1Why do chondroprotectors?
- 3.2Types of chondroprotectors
- 3.3How to choose a drug?
- 3.4List of drugs
- 3.5Cost of drugs
4Chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation - a review of preparations
- 4.1The best chondroprotectors for joints
- 4.2What is special about new drugs?
- 4.3Side effects of chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation
- 4.4What should I look for?
5Chondroprotectors for joints: generation, list, rules of treatment with chondroprotectors
- 5.1What are the articular cartilages?
- 5.2How do chondroprotectors work?
- 5.3Indications and contraindications
- 5.4Types of chondroprotectors
- 5.5The choice of the optimal drug
- 5.6Recommendations for patients undergoing treatment with chondroprotectors
What are the chondroprotectors for the treatment of joints?
The pathogenesis of the majority of degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the joints and spine is the destruction of the intraarticular cartilaginous tissue, the condition of which determines the stage of the disease and its symptoms. Modern medicine has found a method of therapeutic effect on intraarticular cartilage - it's chondroprotectors for joints.
These drugs are designed to stop the progression of pathological changes and, if possible, to repair the damaged cartilage.
It should immediately be noted that the effect of such treatment will be observed only in the case of the initial stage of the disease, in far-reaching cases arthrosis, even the best chondroprotectors (CP) will be ineffective, since there is already nothing to restore in the joint (the entire cartilaginous tissue is already destroyed).
Mechanism of action of chondroprotectors
To understand how these medications help with joint diseases, under what pathology they will be effective, and at what treatment is ineffective, it is necessary to understand how the joints of a person are arranged and what role is the cartilaginous tissue.
At the heart of all arthrosis joints is the destruction of cartilaginous tissue
How are the cartilage of the joints arranged?
All articular surfaces of bones that form the joint are covered with cartilaginous tissue. It also includes intervertebral discs.
The cartilage surface is smooth and constantly moistened due to a special intraarticular lubricant - synovial fluid.
By the way, food for cartilage tissue is also due to the diffusion of substances from this liquid, since its cartilage does not have cartilage.
The main function of cartilage is to ensure smooth movements in the joint, in which the cartilaginous surfaces of the bones slide one against the other, this process is also facilitated by intraarticular lubrication.
The structure of cartilaginous tissue:
- Cells (chondroblasts and chondrocytes). These are young and mature cells of cartilaginous tissue. They produce an intercellular substance, a matrix, which constitutes the bulk of the cartilage. There are much fewer cells here.
- The intercellular substance of the cartilage is characterized by a high hydrophilic ability - binds water molecules, which constitute up to 80% of the matrix. The intercellular substance consists of collagen fibers and chondromucoid. It is the latter substance that is responsible for the integrity, strength, shape and function of the hyaline cartilage of the joint. In its composition has a substance such as chondroitin and glucosamines (structural units of cartilaginous tissue).
The destruction of the cartilage (regardless of the underlying cause) begins precisely with a decrease in the amount of glucosamines and chondroitin that leads to the unfolding of cartilaginous tissue, the appearance of roughness on its surface, cracking and a decrease in thickness cartilage. In connection with this, or in parallel, the production of synovial fluid rich in hyaluronic acid decreases, which further aggravates the condition.
The movements in the joint become painful, the articular surfaces of the bones are bare, which leads to the development of arthrosis and osteochondrosis with all the ensuing consequences.
Application point for chondroprotectors
Chondroprotective drugs with a timely appointment can stop the destruction of the cartilaginous tissue and to some extent even repair the damaged cartilage structure.
The fact is that the basis of their composition are the above-mentioned chondroitin and glucosamines, which, the body, begin to "build in" the damaged cartilage, thus restoring their structure and function.
The main components of chondroprotectors
Classification of chondroprotectors
Chondroprotectors can be divided into three features:
- by composition;
- on the generation of medicine;
- by the method of reception.
Types of chondroprotectors depending on the composition
- CP, which contain chondroitin sulfate (Chondroxide, Mucosate, Chondrolon, Chondroitin, Structum, Arthron chondrex, Chondroitin-phytopharma).
- CP, which contain glucosamine (Arthron flex, Flexamin Glucosamine, Dona).
- Combined HP (chondroitin + glucosamine) - Arthron complex, Teraflex, Chondroitin complex.
- Combined CP (chondroitin and / or glucosamine + NPZP - ibuprofen, diclofenac) - Triac, Artron, Moveks, Advance, Artrodar.
- CP, which are an extract of cartilage and bone marrow of animals (Alflutop, Rumalon).
Types of chondroprotectors, depending on the generation
- The first generation is not purified extracts from cartilage and bone marrow of animals. Currently, only Alflutop is used. Has a large number of allergic reactions.
- The second generation is mono-preparations based on glucosamine or chondroitin, which are indicated above.
- The third generation is a combination medicine.
- Separately it is necessary to allocate hyaluronic acid for intraarticular injections (Ostenil, Fermatron, Sinokrom, Viskosil, Suplazin, Synvisk).
Syncope is a preparation of hyaluronic acid for intraarticular administration, does not refer to HP, but is a liquid synovial fluid transplant
Types of chondroprotectors depending on the method of administration
- HP for oral administration (tablets, capsules) - Structum, Arthra, Teraflex. They are well tolerated by patients and practically do not cause side effects. The effectiveness of oral forms is low, since most of the active substance is lost during metabolic changes.
- HP in the form of injections (intramuscular and intraarticular) - Alflutop, Dona, all preparations of hyaluronic acid. More often cause allergic reactions, complications associated with injection, but their effectiveness is much higher.
- HP for external use (ointments, gels, creams) - Chondroxide. It is used only in complex treatment.
How to choose a drug?
To answer the question of how to choose a drug-chondroprotector for the treatment of joints is not so simple. First, the assortment of such medicines in the modern pharmaceutical market is quite large.
Secondly, the price of such treatment is very high, and given the need for a long course, which can reach a year or a half, for some patients the cost becomes prohibitive.
Thirdly, the effect of chondroprotective therapy does not come immediately (the first positive signs can be noticed after 3-4 months of regular use).
Nevertheless, to somehow navigate the choice, it is necessary to evaluate the drug-chondroprotectors according to the following criteria.
A mono-drug or a combination?
With the above classification of HP, it can be seen that they can be single-component (mono-drugs) or combined.
As a rule, the combination consists of two basic substances - chondroitin and glucosamine, while others do not.
Some drugs in their composition have a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (Ibuprofen or Diclofenac).
And still we advise reading:What are the tablets for gout?
It would seem that it is better to choose a medicine in which to find glucosamine and chondroitin, because both of these substances are equally important for the body.
But in practice, there are some nuances of this choice: some sources of information claim that mono-drugs are more effective, while others are telling about the benefits of combined medicines.
Why are there so different opinions? First, chondroprotectors are "young" medicines (the experience of their use totals about 10-15 years). Secondly, the interest of pharmaceutical manufacturers of chondroprotectors plays an important role.
It is known that in order to release one medicine to the market, billions of dollars are needed (the cost of clinical and other types of research, advertising campaign, etc.).
Therefore, often the information that is received as a result of research sponsored by a certain company does not always correspond to the truth.
This is a very important criterion of choice, because a well-known and respected worldwide pharmaceutical group can afford the most expensive and accurate equipment, modern technology of preparation, a high degree of purification of medicines and real clinical studies of the effectiveness of drugs, in contrast to no known factories.
Buying branded drugs, rather than generics, you can be sure that for your money you will only get a qualitative medicine that will minimize all side effects, allergic reactions and inefficiency therapy.
Arthra is a combined chondroprotector with a large evidence base and a well-known manufacturer
Medical product or dietary supplements?
If the chondroprotector claims to be a medical product, then mandatory must be Clinical studies that confirm its effectiveness, composition, indications, contraindications, side effects actions, etc.
In the case of a dietary supplement (BAA), this is not necessary. But you must understand that then there can be no talk about the chemical purity of the drug, the amount of the active substance, which is in one tablet (and it may not be there at all), about the effectiveness of such a treatment.
Instruction to the drug is your main "weapon" - read it before buying it. There it is indicated whether the drug is a dietary supplement or a medicine.
Despite the fact that the Tooth Stone is a dietary supplement, there are many positive patient testimonials about it
Stage of the disease
As already mentioned, CP is effective only in the initial stage of the disease (stages 1 and 2 of arthrosis, osteochondrosis).
If you have a pathological process already gone far (stages 3 and 4), then the expediency to take chondroprotectors is no longer, as the cartilage tissue is completely destroyed. And it is not able to resume her medicine.
Indications and prohibitions to use
Indications for the use of chondroprotectors are:
- deforming osteoarthritis of 1-2 stages (incl. coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis);
- osteochondrosis of the spine in the initial stages;
- prevention of articular degenerative diseases in persons at risk (age after 50 years, athletes, people who have occupational hazards - heavy physical work or, conversely, prolonged stay in one position, persons with excessive body weight, after the trauma, people with other diseases of the musculoskeletal system, with endocrinological and metabolic violations).
List of the most effective chondroprotectors
The following list of the most effective HP has been compiled taking into account the patients' feedback, the recommendations of the doctors-arthrologists, the clinical research data and the reputation of the manufacturer:
The most popular and effective chondroprotectors
- Dona. This is a mono-drug of glucosamine sulfate. There is in the form of powder for ingestion and ampoules for intraarticular or intramuscular injections. Produces this medicine Rottafarm (Italy).
- Arthra. Complex chondroitin and glucosamine. Produce these tablets in the US. It is characterized by high efficiency with long-term intake and safety.
- Lifebox. Complex based on chondroprotector of the third generation with addition of MSM, hyaluronic acid and type II collagen. Produced in Israel.
- Teraflex. Complex HP, which is available in the form of capsules and an external cream by the American company Sagmel.
- Structrum. The drug chondroitin in capsules for oral administration, is produced by the French pharmaceutical company Sotex.
- Alflutop. This is HP in ampoules of the first generation. It is an extract of 4 species of Black Sea fish. It is used for intraarticular and intramuscular injections. A frequent side effect is an allergy.
- Tear a stone. This dietary supplement on a plant basis. There are capsules for internal administration and an ointment for external use.
Summing up, it can be noted that it's really hard to choose HP. Therefore, to get the maximum effect from the treatment and a minimum of side effects, this should be done by a specialist.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/medikamenty/kak-vybrat-hondroprotektory-sustavov
List of the most effective chondroprotectors for joints
The article will deal with chondroprotectors. About what they are like, how I act. What are the chondroprotectors, and also the features of their treatment.
Characteristics of chondroprotectors
1/5 of the world suffers from a disease such as osteoarthritis, which occurs as a result of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The word itself is translated as "chondro" - cartilage, "protector" - protection.
That is, their main property is the protection of cartilage. Drugs affect the restoration of articular cartilage.
And also have the property of protecting the cartilage from future damage. The effectiveness of the drug will be observed only in the initial stage of the disease.
If the disease stage is started, no chondroprotectors will help.
Mechanism of action
The effect of the drug on the body is due to the components of the chondroprotector. In the composition he has chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine.
Everyone has certain actions:
Chondroitin sulfate. Its tasks are:
- Stimulate the restoration of cartilage components;
- Prevent its destruction;
- Activate the allocation of joint fluid;
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Remove swelling or swelling;
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect;
- Protect cartilage from various damages;
- Participate in the synthesis of cartilage components.
Chondroprotectors mainly play a protective role. In rare cases, it is restored. In this regard, if the disease is neglected, some chondroprotectors will not save
Classification of chondroprotectors
Chondroprotectors are divided into three types:
- Chondroprotectors with chondroitin sulfate;
- With glucosamine;
- Combined, that is, in the composition of both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.
- By generation. Chondroprotectors have three generations:
- First generation.For example, Alflutop and Rumalon;
- The second generation. It includes drugs that include hyaluronic acid, glucosamines and chondroitin sulphate;
- The third generation.Preparations with a combined component: hydrochloride with chondroitin sulfate.
- Injectable preparations.That is, injections in the joint or muscle. They have good efficiency, but not long. The course of treatment will have to be carried out every 6 months. These drugs include: Noltreks, Adgelon, Alflutop, Hondrolon;
- Preparations of oral administration, that is, tablets.Drugs are very long. The first effect will be visible after three months, and the relief will be felt after six months of taking the medications. These drugs include: Teraflex, Arthra, Piascladin, Structum, Formula - S.
Indications for use
Below is a list of the most common reasons for the appointment of chondroprotectors:
- Arthrosis, including coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, arthrosis of small joints;
- Injury of the joint;
- Dystrophic changes in cartilage;
- Periodontal disease;
- Postoperative condition (in the event that the operation was performed on the joints).
If the patient has any of these ailments, it is urgent to contact the doctor. Only he has the right to prescribe these or other chondroprotectors
Like any other drugs, chondroprotectors have their own set of contraindications.
Be sure to read them carefully:
- Children up to 12 years;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Pregnancy period;
- Lactation period;
- Ankylosis of any joint;
- Allergy to the components of the drug.
Do not neglect contraindications. If at least one option from the list is available to the patient, chondroprotectors can not be taken
Otherwise, the following side effects may occur:
- Disorders from the gastrointestinal tract. For example, a stool disorder, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation;
- Allergic reaction;
- Differences in blood pressure. In this regard, it is required to monitor it regularly;
- Increased heart rate;
- Symptoms of general intoxication (headache, dizziness, weakness);
- Edema on the feet.
List of the most effective chondroprotectors
Below is a list of the best chondroprotectors, according to doctors and consumers:
- Teraflex.This is a combined chondroprotector. Has the form of capsules and cream;
- Dona.The composition of this drug is glucosamine sulfate. It has the form of a powder for oral administration and injections for injections into the joint or muscle. Released in Italy;
- Structrum.The drug contains chondroitin. Form release - capsules. Released in France;
- Arthra.Combination of glucosamine with chondroitin. There are no side effects. Significant effectiveness of the drug. Released in the United States of America;
- Rumalon.Has the form of injection. Manufactured from cartilage tissue of calves;
- Arteparon.Also has the form of injections. Contains mucopolysaccharide;
- Alflutop.Form release - injection. Among the side effects, there is an allergic reaction;
- Chondrolon.In its composition, chondroitin sulfate is the main one. Produced in the form of injections. It is quite effective drug, but expensive;
- Elbona.The drug has two forms: powder for oral administration and injections. The drug restores cartilaginous tissue. Relieves pain;
- Adelon.It contains glycoprotein. Has the form of injections.
Recommendations for use
In order for chondroprotectors to show their effectiveness by 100%, the following actions should be performed:
- It is necessary to normalize the power supply, set the power mode;
- It is necessary to lose weight;
- Do not load a painful joint, handle it with care;
- Perform therapeutic exercise, which is aimed at strengthening the muscles around the diseased cartilage;
- Alternate motion with rest. That is, after a long walk for about an hour, it is necessary to lie down and rest for at least ten minutes;
- Do not allow hypothermia;
- Preparations of chondroprotectors are used only during a recurrent disease, if the disease has an acute course, anesthetics should be taken;
- For a complete restoration of the joint, six courses are required within three years.
It is necessary to familiarize yourself with these recommendations in order to know how to prepare yourself for taking these drugs
Features for treatment
Chondroprotectors, like other drugs, have their own treatment characteristics.
For example, in order to achieve the maximum effect from these drugs, it is necessary to take them in combination with other medicines.
That is, in addition to chondroprotectors, it is also necessary to take drugs that have an anti-inflammatory effect, an analgesic effect.
And also the doctor will add non-steroid drugs and physical therapy together with physiotherapy.
Self-medication in this case can not be dealt with categorically. Only a doctor who has received a higher medical education can give an appointment based on the individual qualities of the patient. And also, only the doctor knows which medications can be combined and which ones are not.
In the event that the treatment is prescribed by a doctor, the treatment will be easy and painless, providing the proper effect.
It is necessary to observe the dosage of the drug as accurately as possible
If joint pains are observed, the doctor should be consulted immediately.
Chondroprotectors are much better able to cope with the initial stage of the disease, rather than with a neglected one.
Treatment with chondroprotective agents is notable for its duration. Complete treatment consists of several courses, more precisely six. One such course lasts from four to six months. The drugs are very slow, but after a course for six months, the pain will not disturb the patient.
How to choose a chondroprotector for joints?
So which drug to choose? This question is quite complicated. To date, there are a lot of such drugs. In addition, the drugs are not cheap.
They have a very high price, especially given that the treatment lasts a long time, and not one course. In this regard, you should consult your doctor. Nobody will pick a drug better than him.
But still, before choosing a particular chondroprotector, it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
- On the composition.Is the drug combined or not. That is, the combined preparations consist of chondroitin and glucosamine, and in mono preparations either chondroitin or glucosamine. From the side it seems more effective the preparation combined, after all there at once two active substances. However, in practice this is not quite so. Opinions among people differ due to the fact that the drug is still new and there is no exact opinion. It is better to ask the doctor. He has experience working with these drugs, and certainly knows which is more effective.
- At the company - the manufacturer.This point is no less important. A well-known pharmaceutical company can produce drugs with the best quality, because they have good equipment, modern technologies for the preparation of the drug, they conduct clinical studies to determine how effective a drug. Nobody knows what to expect from little-known or generally unknown pharmaceutical companies. Acquiring a medicine from a well-known brand, you will be confident in its quality, in minimal side effects, and also it will not be a pity to give your money for this drug.
At the stage of the disease.It has already been said that the effect of the drug is only if the disease passes through the initial stage. For example, 1 or 2 stage of arthrosis or osteochondrosis.
If the disease passes the already started stage, chondroprotectors will not help. The cartilage is already completely destroyed. It can not resume its chondroprotectors.
On the form of the drug.This is important because the patient chooses a method of treatment that is convenient for him.
There are the following forms of chondroprotectors:
- Pills.Convenient in reception. However, with gastrointestinal diseases the tablets most often give side effects, in the form of vomiting, constipation, nausea, etc.
- Injections.Injections are administered in two ways: intramuscularly and intraarticular. In order to avoid complications, it is necessary to perform the injection according to all the rules. Do not use a too short needle. This can lead to the fact that the medicine will fall under the skin, and this in turn will lead to long painful sensations in the area of the injection. However, the most effective procedure is intra-articular injection. But this too can be dangerous, if certain rules for injection are not observed.
Choosing the right drug for yourself, you need to consult a specialist. That he individually picked up dosing and concomitant treatment. Self-medication is contraindicated.
A source: http://prosustavi.com/lechenie/preparaty/xondroprotektory.html
Chondroprotectors - new generation drugs
Chondroprotectors are drugs that improve the nutrition of cartilaginous tissues, restore their structure and development, and also cause growth and the formation of new cells. Literally "chondroprotektor" means "protector of cartilage".
Why do chondroprotectors?
The main purpose of using the preparations of the group of chondroprotectors is to normalize the protein composition of the cartilage, to activate its restoration and to stop the process of destruction. Its secondary task is to remove the symptoms accompanying the diseases of the cartilaginous tissue.
In general, all chondroprotectors simultaneously with the main effect have anti-inflammatory, anti-edema and analgesic properties, i.e.
signs typical of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like piroxicam or diclofenac. At the same time, they have no dangerous side effects that are present in the NSAIDs.
That is, these medications from cartilage tissue diseases struggle in 2 directions: they restore the structure of the articular cartilage and facilitate the human condition.
When they are applied immediately there are positive changes, which is an incentive to continue further treatment. And when using NSAIDs, the effect is not noticeable immediately, so it's not always possible to finish long-term treatment.
Types of chondroprotectors
Chondroprotectors have a wide variety of medicines and unequivocally determine what is best not possible - each has a different effectiveness depending on the individuality of the organism and the nature disease. This fact has its peculiarity in the classification, according to which drugs are divided into three generations:
- The first (Rumalon, Alflutop) - are made from the extraction of cartilage, bone marrow and ligaments of animals. Remarkably absorbed by the body, but sometimes cause an allergic reaction.
- The second (Mukosat, Structum) is produced chemically. They contain more easily digestible forms of glycosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid. Almost no side effect, except for individual intolerance.
- The third (Antron Complex, Chondroitin Complex) is a combination of active substances: chondroprotectors, anti-inflammatory substances and vitamins. This combination is very successful, because provides a stronger therapeutic and additional effect: regenerative, trophic and metabolic. One tablet contains all the necessary treatment, as well as the toxicity of individual components decreases.
Chondroprotectors are suitable for everyone, but it is worth mentioning contraindications. These drugs should not be given to pregnant women, should be taken by nursing mothers and be cautiously prescribed to people prone to allergies, with no blood curdling and a poor digestive tract.
How to choose a drug?
The most useful medicinal preparations for arthrosis and similar diseases are chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine. They directly influence the root cause of the disease and restore the cartilaginous surface of the affected joint.
Preparations are issued in different forms: intramuscular injections, tablets, intraarticular injections, ointments and gels. Their choice should be approached with caution.
In pharmacology there are many drugs, but not everyone can be entrusted with their health. Certain unscrupulous producers produce a product that does not carry any good, but rather harm.
Also, remember the individual characteristics of each organism.
List of drugs
The modern pharmaceutical market offers a huge number of medicines for a group of chondroprotectors, which is difficult to understand even in a profusion.
The bulk of the original products has many analogues from other commercial manufacturers.
Often, patients who are recommended by their treatment, try to independently adjust the doctor's appointment, selecting cheaper medicines.
But if the price does not suit, it is better to consult with the attending physician, about possible replacement with expensive chondroprotectors. Because only a specialist is able to determine the quality and therapeutic effect of each drug.
- Toasting a stone is a biologically active additive made on the basis of a combination of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. Issued in capsules, administered orally three times a day for at least 1 month.
- Teraflex is a combined chondroprotector. It is produced in capsules and tablets, taken daily for at least 3 months.
- Dona - is made on the basis of glucosamine in the form of a solution for intramuscular injections and soluble powder-sachets for oral administration. Lidocaine is included in the solution for injections, therefore it is contraindicated up to 12 years, in pregnant women, in patients with heart failure and with intracardiac conduction disturbance. The solution is injected into the muscle three times a week for at least 4 injections, the powder is prescribed daily once a day for a period of, months.
- Alflutop - a medicine of natural origin, produced from small marine fish. It is produced by a solution for injections, it is injected intramuscularly once a day, with a course of 20 injections.
- Arthra is a combined chondroprotector, containing glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. Produced in capsules and tablets, applied inside. The course of treatment for six months. The first 3 weeks the drug is taken twice a day, after one time.
- Glucosamine is a combined preparation. Produced in tablets and capsules, taken orally once a day, course months.
- Structum is a monopreparation based on chondroitin sulfate. It is available in capsules, is administered orally twice a day, the course is 6 months.
Cost of drugs
The price of chondroprotectors consists of the manufacturer, the degree of drug purification and quality, which is confirmed by clinical trials. Inexpensive means are:
- frying stone - about 150 rubles.
- glucosamine - about 300 rubles.
- teraflex - depending on the company 400-1000 rubles.
- structum, don and alflutop - about 1500 rubles.
Dear readers, we have dealt with you, what is the new generation of chondroprotectors for joints.
But I will say that without drugs, the disease itself will not be cured, which means it must be treated anyway! Treatment is long, because for so many years we have not paid attention to the joints, and remembered about them when they got sick.
Of course, you must decide for yourself, follow the doctor's prescription or use the recipes of traditional medicine.
Now they say a lot about the uselessness of using chondroprotectors for the treatment of joints.
Restoration of the joint is a whole complex of additional methods of treatment, which readers already know about. And this:
- application of chondroprotectors,
- weight loss and dosed physical activity,
- balanced diet,
- with pain, the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),
- use in the complex treatment of drugs from herbs.
About the treatment of folk remedies and herbs, I wrote a lot on my blog, here are some articles:
We get rid of the deposition of salts in joints by folk remedies
What if the joints crackle?
Dear readers! I believe that you were interested in this topic, share information in social. networks and subscribe to news blog.
With you was Taisia Filippova.
A source: http://taiafilippova.ru/hondroprotektory-novogo-pokoleniya-dlya-sustavov
Chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation - a review of preparations
Chondroprotectors of 3 generations are represented on the pharmaceutical market. Such drugs have good tolerability and restore cartilaginous tissue. Special attention should be paid to the best chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation that provide a wide range of action.
The best chondroprotectors for joints
With the expressed progression of the articular pathology, the appointment of a combined treatment is required. In addition to internal reception of chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation, intra-articular administration of preparations based on hyaluronic acid is recommended.
Below are the most effective drugs for the treatment of joints:
|Tradename||Form of release, active components, cost||Indications||Features of use|
|Arthron-Triacil||Tablets for internal reception. Chondroitin - 300 mg. Glucosamine 500 mg t. Methylsulfonyl methane 250 mg. Price - up to 1200 rubles.||Complex therapy:
Recovery period after fractures, injuries, surgeries.
|1 tablet up to 3 times a day, after meals. The reception starts with a high dose (3 tablets) and gradually goes over to the supporting one - 1 tablet. The therapeutic efficacy manifests itself after several months of admission and persists for a long period of time.|
|Arthron-Triaktive Forte||Tablets for internal reception. Chondroitin sulfate - 400 mg. Glucosamine hydrochloride is 500 mg. Methylsulfonylmethane - 300 mg.|
The cost is up to 1500 rubles.
1-2 pieces each. in a day. Dosage can be increased. Duration of reception is determined individually for each patient.
Teraflex Advance Capsules for internal administration. Glucosamine sulfate 250 mg. Chondroitin sodium sulfate - 200 mg. Ibuprofen 100 mg. The price is 1075 rubles. The drug is indicated for the treatment of osteoarthritis of large joints and spine. Symptomatic treatment of moderate pain. 2 capsules three times a day after meals. Without the doctor's prior advice, the drug can not be used for more than 3 weeks. The need for further taking capsules is determined by the doctor. Artiflex Ultra Capsules for oral administration. The composition is identical to Teraflex Advance. The price is 750 rubles. Therapy of pain and inflammation accompanying primary and secondary osteoarthritis of joints and intervertebral discs. 2 capsules three times a day after meals. Duration of admission should not exceed 20 days. Moveks Active Tablets (30 pcs., 60 pcs.) Glucosamine - 500 mg. Chondroitin sulfate - 400 mg. Diclofenac potassium - 50 mg. The price is 580-950 rubles, depending on the number of tablets.
Tablets contribute to the provision of anti-inflammatory, analgesic, chondroprotective and restorative effects. Indications for admission:
- Therapy of pathologies of the spine and musculoskeletal system, which manifest themselves in the form of pain, inflammatory process.
- Complex treatment of osteoarthritis and periarthritis of the hip joints, intervertebral osteochondrosis, spondylarthrosis.
- Inflammation of joints and surrounding soft tissues, provoked by trauma.
For 21 days, the medication is taken 1 tablet three times a day. In the future, the doctor determines the dose, multiplicity and rate of administration of the drug.
The effectiveness of these drugs will be higher if used in conjunction with other groups of drugs: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, as well as physiotherapy and exercise therapy.
What is special about new drugs?
Chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation are three-component drugs. The active substances of the preparations mutually reinforce the therapeutic effect of each other.
Pharmacological activity of several active ingredients has a more pronounced therapeutic effect. The composition of combination medicines includes the following components:
- Chondroitin in combination with glucosamine and methylsulfonylmethane.Glucosamine and chondroitin will ensure the normalization of the metabolic process and accelerate the regeneration of tissues. Methylsulfonylmethane is an organosulfur compound with pronounced anti-inflammatory activity that helps strengthen connective tissues. This substance is involved in the formation of collagen and neutralizes free radicals.
- Chondroitin, glucosamine and a component of the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).Component from the group of NSAIDs removes pain, inflammation, morning stiffness of the joints. When combining glucosamine and diclofenac, a multiple reduction in the toxicity of diclofenac is observed. This reduces the risk of developing unwanted side effects from the gastrointestinal tract and urinary system.
Such drugs do not work right away. Requires at least 30 days of regular use of the drug to achieve therapeutic effect.
In case of good tolerability, long-term therapy with this group of drugs under the supervision of a doctor is indicated. Assign hodoprotectors also in osteochondrosis of the spine.
After the completion of the course of reception, the patient's well-being is improved for several months.
Side effects of chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation
Producers point out that taking certain drugs can trigger the development of unwanted side reactions, the most common of them:
- Disorders from the gastrointestinal tract, which can manifest as a feeling of nausea, abdominal pain, stools, flatulence.
- Allergic appearance: itching of the skin, puffiness, rashes, hyperemia.
If these or any other reactions occur, the admission of even the best chondroprotectors for the joints is temporarily stopped and consulted with the doctor. It is required to reduce the dosage of tablets or the selection of medication for replacement.
If the dose recommended by the manufacturer and the doctor is not met, medicines that contain ibuprofen or diclofenac may cause dizziness, headache, sleep disturbances, hearing and vision impairment, sensitivity disorders, increased pressure. After the withdrawal of the use of the agent, these reactions pass independently. Otherwise, you need to see a doctor, conduct a survey, prescribe a treatment.
What should I look for?
When choosing chondroprotectors for joints of a new generation, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- The manufacturer.Preference is given to large pharmaceutical companies. Medicines from such manufacturers undergo numerous clinical trials regarding efficacy and safety before entering the market.
- The drug is referred to a group of drugs, rather than dietary supplements (biologically active additives).BAA has a different composition and mechanism of pharmacological action, it is effective as an auxiliary element of treatment.
Chondroprotectors are a pharmacological group of medicines that allow restoring the structure of damaged joint tissues.
Such drugs provide normalization of metabolic processes, prevention of further progression of pathologies, destroying joints and restoration of elasticity and normalization of nutrition cartilage tissues.
A source: http://zdorovue-systavi.ru/poleznoe/hondroprotektory-dlya-sustavov-novogo-pokoleniya/
Chondroprotectors for joints: generation, list, rules of treatment with chondroprotectors
Gradual destruction of cartilaginous tissue underlies the mechanism of development of the most part of degenerative-dystrophic pathologies of the joints.
The severity of the symptoms of arthrosis depends on the degree of involvement of intraarticular cartilage.
Stop the process of their destruction and stimulate regeneration (recovery) can be done with the help of modern drugs - chondroprotectors (CP).
Medicines in this category are helpful when the process of degradation of cartilage tissue has just begun. With advanced arthroses, they are practically ineffective.
What are the articular cartilages? How do chondroprotectors work? Indications and contraindications Types of chondroprotectors Choosing the optimal drug Recommendations for patients undergoing treatment with chondroprotectors
What are the articular cartilages?
All articular surfaces of bones (incl. vertebrae) are covered with cartilaginous tissue. The contacting cartilages are normally perfectly smooth.
Friction between them reduces the natural lubrication - intraarticular fluid with a high content of hyaluronic acid.
From it, nutrients enter the cartilage.
The main function of intraarticular cartilage is to ensure the mobility of the joint in the required volume.
Cartilage tissue consists of cells - chondrocytes and chondroblasts - and matrix. The intercellular substance is formed by collagen fibers and chondro mucoid, the structural units of which are glucosamine and chondroitin.
With arthrosis of any etiology of cartilage destruction begins with a drop in the content of chondroitin and glucosamines.The direct result of the process is the disintegration of the tissue.
The intraarticular cartilage is thinner; On its surface appear rough areas and microcracks. In many pathologies, there is also a decrease in the level of synovial fluid biosynthesis. This circumstance aggravates the process of tissue degradation, since,
the cartilage trophy is sharply limited, and the lack of lubrication leads to friction, which accelerates its destruction.
Initially, the patient develops a pain syndrome against the background of physical exertion. As the process progresses, it intensifies, and begins to disturb, including. and in a state of rest. Pain during movements is caused by the fact that the bones "bare" and rub against each other.
How do chondroprotectors work?
If arthrosis or osteochondrosis is diagnosed at the initial stage, and chondroprotective therapy is started in time, the process of tissue destruction can be slowed down. In a number of cases, even an almost complete restoration of the damaged cartilage is possible.
As active active components in most HP are included glucosamines and (or) chondroitin. Entering the body in the right concentration, they are able to be built into the affected cartilage, which ensures the restoration of the integrity of their structure.
Indications and contraindications
Chondroprotectors are worth taking if the first (maximum - the second) stage of degenerative-dystrophic lesion of one or several joints is diagnosed. With arthrosis or osteochondrosis of 3-4 degrees they are ineffective, since the cartilaginous tissue is already practically destroyed, and it can not be restored.
Indications for the appointment of chondroprotectors:
- osteochondrosis (involvement of intervertebral discs);
- deforming osteoarthritis;
- prevention in patients with a high risk of developing arthrosis.
Risk factors for the development and progression of degenerative pathologies of cartilaginous tissue:
- age over 50;
- metabolic disorders;
- endocrine pathologies;
- frequent and significant physical exertion (incl. when playing sports);
- injuries of the joints in the anamnesis;
- excess weight;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
KP often appointed during the rehabilitation after operations on the joints.
Chondroprotectors can not be used by women during childbearing, as well as by nursing mothers. These drugs are contraindicated in patients who have an individual hypersensitivity (allergy) to the active substance or ancillary ingredients.
Important!People suffering from diseases of the digestive system, CP are appointed with caution after consulting a gastroenterologist.
Types of chondroprotectors
Drugs belonging to this clinico-pharmacological group differ in the active substance, the method of administration into the body and over the generation, i.e., time of the beginning of wide application.
TOthe first generation of HPmeans, created on the basis of biological material. They are extracts from the cartilage of some animals (in particular - marine fish).
The main drawback of such drugs is the high probability of developing hypersensitivity reactions in response to the introduction of foreign antigens.
Now in clinical practice only one chondroprotector belonging to the 1st generation - Alflutop is used.
2nd generation- drugs that are purified hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate or glucosamine.
note: in the USA in 2002 - 2006
A large-scale, randomized study was conducted in which no statistically significant efficacy of glucosamine and a combination of glucosamine / chondroitin compared to placebo.
However, when studying glucosamine concentration after glucosamine intake in the form of glucosamine sulfate crystals, more than six-fold difference in glucosamine concentration was observed intra-articular fluid among volunteers, so there is an assumption of a higher efficacy of glucosamine sulfate compared to a more common glucosamine hydrochloride.
Chondroprotectors of the 3rd generation- a combination of drugs, including simultaneously glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate, sometimes in combination with other compounds (vitamins or polyunsaturated fatty acids).
HP with glucosamine:
- Flexamine glucosamine;
- Arthron flex.
Monoferparamy chondroitin sulfate:
- Arthron chondrex;
Combined funds (chondroprotectors of the new generation):
- Arthron complex;
- Chondroitin complex.
Complex products with NSAIDs:
The pharmacological industry also produceshyaluronic acid preparations- Suplazin, Sinokrom, Viskosil, etc. They are used in conditions of medical institutions for injection into the joint cavity.
The disadvantage of HP for oral administration can be considered low efficiency. A significant amount of active ingredients is lost in the process of biotransformation, so it is difficult to create the right concentration in the body.
For injection(in the muscle or joint) Don Chondroprotektors, Alflutop and hyaluronic acid-based products are designed.
Their disadvantage is the high risk of complications associated with the injection. Their undoubted advantage is high efficiency.
Course treatment should be repeated every six months.
Preparations with hyaluronic acidare intended for insertion into the joint cavity. They replace the synovial fluid. Usually, the course of treatment involves 3-5 injections, but in some cases a pronounced positive effect develops after only one injection.
Complex therapy of arthrosis and osteochondrosis often involves additional administration of HP for topical application - gels, ointments and creams with hyaluronic acid.
The choice of the optimal drug
Chondroprotectors are used only for the purpose of the attending physician. He chooses the drug that is optimal for each particular case, based on clinical and laboratory data.
Now the market offers a wide range of products designed to improve the state of cartilage tissue.
They are intended for course treatment, which in many cases should last a year or more.
The cost of such drugs is high enough, especially if you take into account the necessary duration of therapy.
Important:The therapeutic effect of taking chondroprotectors is not developed immediately. As a rule, positive changes are noted only after several months of regular admission, as the process of cartilage regeneration is rather slow.
According to some experts, monopreparations are more effective. But there is also a diametrically opposite point of view.
Publications about the benefits of this or that HP are often paid for by pharmaceutical companies interested in promoting their products on the market. In this regard, their objectivity should be questioned.
When choosing a drug, it is recommended to rely on the experience of specialists-arthrologists who use a certain tool for a number of years.
Only a qualified doctor can make an objective opinion about the real effectiveness of a specific chondroprotector. It is also advisable to get acquainted with the reviews of patients taking the drug.
Please note: the unconditional advantage of combined preparations with NSAIDs is the possibility reduction of the severity of one of the leading symptoms of arthrosis and osteochondrosis, namely, pain syndrome.
It is recommended to purchase not generics, but branded chondroprotectors from large producers with a good reputation. In this case, you can be sure that the drug has passed all clinical trials using modern equipment, and is not a "dummy".
The most effective (according to doctors) chondroprotectors:
Teraflex is effective for the treatment of gonarthrosis. It can accelerate the process of matrix synthesis. For complex effects on the joint, Chondroxide is frequently prescribed in parallel, stimulating the metabolism in the cartilage. With osteochondrosis, the drugs of choice are Dona, Structum and Arthra.
Acquiring non-certified medications, and supplements for the treatment of joints, it is important to consider that clinical trials before their release on the market are not conducted in the proper amount. The active substance, as a rule, does not differ in chemical purity. In addition, it is not known how much it is present in the next advertised dietary supplement.
Please note: one of the few dietary supplements that received a lot of positive reviews of suffering arthrosis of patients, phytopreparation was started on the basis of the extract of the curative plant "toadstone" or "cat mint". It is available in the form of ointments and capsules for oral administration.
Recommendations for patients undergoing treatment with chondroprotectors
Patients who are assigned chondroprotectors, you need to regularly perform a complex exercise exercise therapy. The load should not fall on the affected joint, but on the surrounding muscles. Gymnastics increases the effectiveness of HP. Exercises should be done in a horizontal or sitting position.
Periods of physical activity should alternate with a full rest (relaxation time - at least 10 minutes).
It is impossible to allow a general hypothermia of the body and the zone in the patient's joint.
It is strongly recommended dosage physical exercises, for example - walking on a flat road for 30 minutes. daily.
If you have excess weight, you need to take measures to reduce it (showing restrictive diets and exercise).
It is important, as far as possible, to avoid sudden movements and lifting weights.
A source: http://OkeyDoc.ru/xondroprotektory-dlya-sustavov/