Measures for the prevention of influenza
Every person is periodically ill with infectious diseases that affect everyone, regardless of age or sex - influenza and ARI. The patient is helpless for several weeks, feels weak, suffers from fever, headache and intoxication. The mortality of a viral disease is relatively high: for 2000 people 1 death is recorded. Prevention of influenza, according to doctors, is an effective way to avoid infection, because the disease is easier to prevent than treat.
Prevention of flu by folk remedies for colds
Most people believe that it is possible to protect themselves from infection only through a gauze mask. However, nonspecific prevention of diseases, primarily, is based on increased immunity. Folk remedies help to increase the general resistance of the organism to various pathogens. Similarly, homeopathy does not stimulate the production of specific immunity in humans. It is subject exclusively to the vaccine.
Treating flu with folk remedies, although it gives an effect, is very low. To achieve a meaningful result, it is necessary to systematically prevent the disease. If you use folk recipes, preventive measures should be carried out constantly (as a way of life). A useful injection of the vaccine is done once a year. Advantages of folk remedies like virus prevention are:
- their sparing for the body action;
- minimal amount of side effects;
- absence of contraindications (allowed in pregnancy, allowed for preschool children, nursing mothers);
- universal action (prevent not only the flu, but also other diseases);
- they are inexpensive, compared to pharmacy drugs.
Garbage is a proven method of preventing influenza. To avoid infection with seasonal viruses and survive the epidemic, adults and children are recommended to eat a couple of garlic cloves daily. If the child does not want to eat a sharp product, it is worth trying another way of prevention - inhalation. For this you need to pass through a press or rub 2-3 cloves of garlic and a bowl. While the mush is fresh, the baby should breathe in pairs, alternating breaths through the nose and mouth. Because the virus concentrates in the airways, such prevention is very effective.
Mitigating the symptoms of influenza is considered a correct method of therapy. In the opinion of naturopaths, it is inadvisable to take antibiotics in this case, since they do not have an effect on the virus. Traditional medicine will be the ideal solution. To saturate the body with vitamins that play the role of immunomodulators, they eat honey, drink fruit drinks, compotes of berries (cranberries, raspberries, cowberry), herbal decoctions with lemon. For the prevention of viral diseases, it is necessary to consume about 500 mg of ascorbic acid per day.
A quick way to defeat the runny nose is by inhalation. For the prevention of influenza, 500 ml of water is poured into a small saucepan, brought to a boil, then removed from the fire and added to the liquid essential oil of eucalyptus or mint (5-7 drops). Often, inhalations are carried out using herbal decoctions. Sage, oregano, lavender are boiled in boiling water for 10 minutes. Then you should breathe the steam over the pan for 10-15 minutes, covering your head with a towel. For the prevention of viral diseases make the procedure 1 time per day.
Prevention of ARVI diseases with antiviral drugs
Means for the prevention of acute respiratory infections have a bacterial-stimulating and immunomodulating effect. Drugs that provide protection against influenza often act on the organs of the central nervous system (CNS). It is worthwhile to study in detail the instructions and contraindications before starting any medication, including homeopathy. Panacea for the treatment of influenza modern pharmaceutics does not have, because strains and forms of the virus are constantly changing.
Tablets against influenza
- Amantadine, remantadine. Assigned to patients with the type of influenza A (pandemic species, which includes avian, pig, etc.). Taking the pill within the first 2 days after infection, it is possible to shorten the duration of the disease and blunt the first symptoms of the flu. For the B group virus, these drugs will be ineffective. For prevention, no more than 5 mg per kg of adult body weight is prescribed. In childhood (up to 7 years), taking these medications is prohibited.
- Arbidol. The drug suppresses the pathogens of influenza types A and B, increases the body's resistance to viruses. Even when in contact with a contagious person, the remedy protects against the development of influenza. For prophylaxis take 1 capsule per day for two weeks. Such antiviral drugs against influenza like Arbidol are contraindicated in people with serious diseases of the kidneys, cardiovascular system and liver.
- Amiksin. They apply an agent for the treatment and prevention of many viral diseases, including influenza, hepatitis, herpes and others. Tablets suppress the development of viruses, so they are often prescribed to adults who are ill or those who risk becoming infected while working in public places. Drink Amiksin should be 1 time a week for 1 tablet. Abstain from the prevention of acute respiratory disease and colds with this drug is for women during pregnancy or lactation, children under 7 years, with hypersensitivity to its components.
- Aflubin. Syrup refers to homeopathic preparations, it can stimulate the immune system and increase the protective functions of the body. Infant for one year, prescribed 1 drop of funds, mixed in a small amount of milk or water, three times a day. Children under 12 years should take 4-5 drops at least three times a day. Adults drink syrup on 10 drops up to 8 times a day. The duration of therapy for influenza is 5-10 days. For prevention, the drug is taken twice a day for 20 days.
- Viferon. Candles are used, since the first hours of illness. Viferon effectively destroys viruses and stimulates immunity. Doctors prescribe a drug for the prevention or therapy of acute respiratory disease and influenza, even for young children and the elderly due to the sparing effect of funds on the body. Scheme of taking Viferon: 1 candle per day for 5 days. Often, to fix the result, a second course of therapy is performed.
- Teraflu. Such powders and tablets containing paracetamol are considered to be the most effective for preventing colds. Their lack is a high degree of toxicity. Paracetamol-based drugs can cause stomach pain or colic, and they have a harmful effect on the liver and kidneys. Doctors recommend not taking such medications for the prevention of influenza, but using Teraflu, Coldrex and other funds of this group only in cases of severe cases with a persistently high temperature.
- Grippferon. Drops, in order to prevent ARI and other viral diseases, are buried in the nose twice a day. For the treatment of influenza, the agent is used 4-5 times a day. As a rule, Grippferon is not used in an epidemic, but only for the time of contact with sick people. Doctors do not recommend using the drug for longer than 5-7 days. Grippferon for prevention is prescribed for adults and children from 1 year.
- Ingaron. The drug differs from analogues in that its effectiveness is the same at all stages of the flu: from development to recovery. Studies have shown that viruses are not able to get used to the components of droplets. It is forbidden to apply Ingaron to women during pregnancy and to babies under 7 years. The preparation is in the form of a powder, which should be diluted with water. The daily dosage for the prevention of viral infections is 50, 00 IU.
- Derinat. The only preparation of the group of antiviral drugs that does not contain interferon. Due to its special composition, the drops are effective even against fungal damage or bacterial infection of the body. Derinat helps the regeneration of the nasal mucosa after the destructive effect of viruses. For prevention, the drug is used once a day. If the symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection have already manifested, the nose is digested twice a day at intervals of about 12 hours.
Ointment for nose
- Oxolin. Ointment in the nose is used to prevent acute viral infections 2-3 times a day, lubricating it with the internal cavity of the nostrils. The course lasts 20-25 days during the most dangerous period of the epidemic. For therapy of the common cold Oxolinum is used for 3-5 days. Prevention of influenza in pregnant women is severely limited. As a result, cheap oksolinovaya ointment is very helpful. Along with the intake of vitamin remedies, it is the main means of preventing influenza.
- Flemming ointment. Homeopathic remedy is used for the therapy of rhinitis and sinusitis. Ointment has antibacterial action, activates microcirculation of blood and increases the protective function of immunity. For prophylaxis apply the drug as follows: the contents of the tube in a small amount squeezed out on a cotton swab and applied to the mucous membrane of each nostril. The procedure is repeated in the morning and evening.
Vaccination against influenza
The vaccine is considered the most reliable way to prevent the flu during an epidemic. It strengthens the immune system, which after vaccination can suppress any viruses of colds. The main function of a healing injection is to prevent infection with influenza. Especially dangerous are complications after a disease, for which the vaccine is the main enemy. Signs of worsening state of health after the flu are malfunctioning of the cardiovascular system, liver, kidneys, respiratory organs.
The most common vaccines for influenza are: Begrivac, Grippol, Agrippal, Influvac, Fluarix. Everyone has the right to independently choose a remedy based on his state of health and financial possibilities. However, before you can be vaccinated, it is necessary to visit a doctor. Vaccination against influenza is allowed from a six-month age, but some categories of people doctors strongly recommend taking an injection. The high-risk group includes:
- patients with diabetes mellitus;
- pregnant women;
- suffering from impaired metabolism;
- elderly people (from 50 years);
- children from six months to adulthood;
- patients on inpatient treatment;
- people with diseases of the kidneys, lungs, heart or vessels;
- schoolchildren, preschoolers and students;
- people with immunodeficiency;
- infected with staphylococcal infection.
A frequent phenomenon when vaccinated against influenza is a side reaction to vaccination. To avoid the negative effects of vaccination, you need to warn the doctor about the existing diseases or those that you have suffered in the last month. The specialist should also be aware of allergic reactions to any drugs and products. Grafted people report flu-like symptoms in the first days after the injection. It:
- a slight increase in temperature;
- redness of the inoculation site;
- slight weakness.
The vaccine from SARS is allowed to be administered even to lactating mothers. Breastfeeding does not in any way affect the immune response and is not considered a contraindication to vaccination against influenza. In addition, antibodies produced by the mother's body, penetrating through breast milk, serve as additional protection for the child from viruses. It is forbidden to give a nurse a nipple with a cold or other cold symptoms.
Video Tips from Dr. Komarovsky
The flu is very easily transmitted. The most common methods of infection are airborne and household. When talking, sneezing, coughing from the nasopharynx of an infected sputum, containing pathogens, capable of spreading to 2-3 meters around the patient. As a rule, the flu manifests itself immediately in an acute form. The incubation period lasts from 2 to 5 days, after the symptoms of the virus are diagnosed. To avoid inpatient treatment in the clinic, it is important to conduct seasonal prevention of the disease.
Antiviral drugs for children
A child's cold is a frequent occurrence. It indicates a low protective function of immunity, susceptibility of the baby's body to cold, viruses, infections. The main difficulty of treating babies is the inability to use effective means. They are contraindicated for small children due to their complex composition. A child antiviral agent should be free of side effects. After watching the video, you will learn about TOP preparations for the prevention of viruses, including influenza, in children.
What distinguishes ARVI from ARI
Catarrhal diseases often affect children, but not adults. With the onset of cold weather, parents face a poor state of health of a child who has a fever, a cough, a runny nose. The cause of such symptoms can serve as acute respiratory viral infection, acute respiratory disease or influenza. What is the difference between diseases? Learn about this and methods of disease prevention by watching the video.
Vaccination against influenza
The first sign of the approaching epidemic is mass vaccination against influenza. To prevent the spread of the virus, the state creates a plan of activities that are implemented in all institutions. This is a memo about the disease, thematic sambulletin, posters. Their main theme is vaccination against influenza. After watching the video, you will find out whether it is worth it to vaccinate to prevent infection with the virus.
Review of antiviral drugs in cases of influenza and influenza
Any disease, especially ARVI and the Flu is easier, cheaper and safer not to treat, but not to prevent, to prevent its occurrence. Recently, especially worried about the "point" - it's safer. Should I take antiviral pills at all? In today's complex world, how to understand the issues:
- Will the effect of using an expensive antiviral drug?
- Which drug is better for adults to take flu, children?
- Do not it cause harm to health?
- Is there the best cure for flu?
- Effective antiviral drugs - is it advertising, business, dummy or not?
Antiviral drugs for Orvy on the Russian pharmaceutical market are as follows:
Virtually all antiviral drugs for orvi and flu have no evidence base for their antiviral efficacy. Studies are very expensive, conducted by the manufacturers themselves and those interested in the positive conclusion of the parties. Today, most clinical trials of new drugs are regularly falsified in order to bring "miraculous" drugs to the market with a new price tag. Given the fabulous commercial benefits of selling expensive antiviral drugs during the epidemic, honesty and objectivity of research is not believed. As you know, pharmacological publications, even in medical journals today, are about 90 percent - these are custom-made articles of an advertising nature.
Today in the pharmacy chains an abundance of various medicines, some of which in fact "Medicines" are not, because there are a lot of fakes, frank dummies and inefficient means. Advocates of patients' rights in Ukraine, for example, argue that in 4 drugs registered as antiviral - the active substance was not found. However, a wide advertising company allows producers to earn millions of hryvnias on them per year.
Antiviral drugs for Orvi are conventionally divided into:
- Vaccines - stimulation of the production of antibodies before infection with the virus
- Immunostimulants - drugs that temporarily enhance nonspecific immunity, which promote the production of interferons
- Antiviral drugs are agents that affect neuraminidase (a viral enzyme) by suppressing the multiplication of the virus (Oseltamivir, Zanamivir) and blockers of M2-channels Amantadine, Remantadin - these drugs have proven clinical effectiveness, but as any means have a number of side effects effects.
Most antiviral drugs for orvi and influenza are developed and applied no more than 10-40 years. The drug should have a greater "trial period" in order to draw a conclusion about its effectiveness and side effects. As for immunostimulants, these funds can have delayed consequences (development risks autoimmune diseases, oncological diseases of the blood, etc.) and should be prescribed according to strict indications.
Immunity modulators and antiviral agents
The immunostimulants produced today show the activation of immune reactions at the biochemical level (what is called "In vitro"), but their real benefits and long-term consequences of use are rather complex, poorly understood region. Since information on many mechanisms of immunity has become known relatively recently, scientists are getting more and more information about its functioning every year. Therefore, there is no confidence in the safety and correctness of general stimulation of the "under-researched" immune system (see Fig. what is immunity and whether drugs are needed to improve it). Especially prudent should be the preventive use of immunostimulants and the treatment with antiviral medicines for children.
"Pharmacy immunostimulants can not only help the body, but also harm" - says Ph.D. Tatyana Tikhomirova, immunologist-allergist. Such a state as hyperactivation of the immune system, as well as immunodeficiency is extremely dangerous, the human body functions normally only with the balance of the immune system. And if a person each time stimulates ("to increase self-immunity"), then, in the presence of predisposing factors, this may result in pathological inflammation, launching of immune aggression on healthy tissues, hyperactivation of the immune system and theoretically (in extreme cases) to the development of autoimmune or oncological disease.
If the next of kin has any autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis, insulin-dependent sugar diabetes, Sjogren's syndrome, multiple sclerosis, etc.), then under no circumstances should a person use any immunostimulants. Even if a person is healthy, there is already a violation of the immune system, and one can live with them all his life, but if he is rude and persistently try to stimulate their immune system, it can end with the debut of an autoimmune disease.
Fortunately, for most healthy people, without the presence of any predisposing factors, it is difficult to "achieve" your immunity so as to seriously damage your health. Since most of the known immunostimulants either do not work at all, or almost do not work. One part of the drugs - an ordinary deception, another - ineffective means. But it should be remembered that any drug has side effects.
|Drug Groups||Act||Names of drugs|
|Interferon preparations||Blockade of viral mRNA translation, presentation of viral antigens||Recombinant alpha / gamma interferons|
|Etiotropic means||Neuraminidase inhibitors||
|Ion channel blockers||Rimantadine (Remantadine, Orvirem)|
|Antiviral drugs with varying degrees of evidence of action||Enabling synthesis
|Specific HA chaperone||
Alexander Khadzhidis, Chief Clinical Pharmacologist, St. Petersburg states the following: "Some doctors for some reason first appoint patients antipyretic drugs, and then immunomodulators, supposedly for the production of interferon - which is illogical and generally is absurd. That is, first, knocking down the temperature - "forbid" the body to fight the virus (at high temperature, antibodies are produced against the virus and infection), and then artificially "forced" do.
In developed countries, interferonogens (drugs that stimulate the production of interferon) are not at all. Interferons can work only with parenteral (intravenous) administration, and even then, their effectiveness is questionable. In Russia, these drugs are extremely popular, despite the fact that they are useless.
With regard to antipyretics with the virus - to knock down the temperature better with paracetamol and once with a rise in temperature, rather than 4 p / day - "just in case." Taking Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) in ARVI, especially in children under 12 years old, is contraindicated, it can become the cause of severe damage to the central nervous system and the liver, it is not recommended to apply it to those who suffered from peptic ulcer disease Gastrointestinal tract. "
Well-known in Russia doctor Alexander Myasnikov says that all immunomodulators widely advertised in our country are a waste of money. In the United States and Western Europe, it is already unequivocally recognized and proven that these remedies are ineffective, but most Russian doctors continue to believe in the power of immunomodulators in treating Orvi.
Pharmacological action: Integratedimmunostimulating, an antiviral drug,has an interferonogenic effect. As part of the drug - Timogen sodium, ascorbic acid, bendazole. Timogen synthetically obtained dipeptide, it enhances the nonspecific resistance of the organism. Ascorbic acid normalizes the permeability of capillaries, reducing the activity of the inflammatory process. Bendazol stimulates the production of endogenous interferon in the body.
Side effects: in people suffering from vegetative-vascular dystonia, causes a decrease in blood pressure.
Contraindications: in pregnancy, children under 1 year, thrombophlebitis, severe hypotension, diabetes mellitus, stomach ulcer, urolithiasis.
Issued: since 2001 in capsules, for children since 2006 in syrup, in powder for the preparation of solution
Research: There is no reliable information about clinical trials confirming its efficacy and safety. Often, doctors and pharmacists recommend this tool for children, but use it to treat children should be used with caution or not used at all.
References: Quite a lot of reviews in patients who use Citovir, about the effectiveness and absence of side effects. Improvement of well-being is observed on the second-third day, in single cases the drug did not help.
Price: Cytovir 3 - average240-580rub.
Pharmacological action: inducer of interferon synthesis, antiviral,immunomodulatingeffect. Composition: the sodium salt of the copolymer, which causes the formation of late interferon, which has high antiviral activity. The greatest effect occurs if you start treatment within the first 24 hours of the disease, but not later than the 4th day after the onset of an acute infection. With a view to prevention, it is possible to take it at any time, preferably immediately after contact with a sick Orvy or a flu.
Side effects: the emergence of allergic reactions.
It is issued: It is registered in 2003, since 2005 it is made in tablets, since 2011 it is resolved to use for children over 3 years old for the treatment of influenza, as an prevention for children can be used for children older than 6 years.
Research efficiency and safety: There is conflicting information. The active ingredient is the sodium salt of the gossypol copolymer with carboxymethyl cellulose.And Gossipol itself is a natural polyphenol, it has been banned in the world since 1998 due to its toxicity. Gossypol for a long time and actively studied by some countries as a contraceptive, with its continued intake completely stops spermatogenesis. Chinese and Brazilian scientists say that host gossypol boys and men may suffer infertility in the future. However, Kagocel is not pure gossypol, it is the sodium salt of the copolymer, which has other properties that differ from the properties of the chemical itself.
The manufacturer actively advertises the drug and claims that the salt in Kagocel is negligible, 4 times lower than the concentration from the international standards allowed. Multiple stages of purification of the product ensure the absence of free Gossypol in the final drug, which is checked by monitoring the quality of each series of Kagocel tablets. The method used to check the availability of free gossypol is very accurate, it can reveal its content higher, 036%. In early 2013, data were published on tests performed on rats - no changes in reproductive function were detected in animals.
That is, research on primates was not done? It is known that gossypol for different animal species has its maximum dose of toxicity, according to the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) for rats the limiting toxic dose is 2200-3300 mg / kg.,for pigs 550, for guinea pigs up to 300 mg / kg. The research carried out by the manufacturer consisted in the administration of therapeutic doses to male rats, and doses 25 times higher than therapeutic doses250 mg / kg). Can you trust the rest of the statements and "studies"?
Neither in Western Europe nor in the United States Kagocel is not used, there are no WHO medicines on the list. The effectiveness of the drug is not proven according to the representatives of the Formulary Committee of the RAMS and SDMX. There were no statistical studies on the development of side effects as of autumn 2013.
The drug is actively recommended for use by adults and children, but evidence of the safety of this medicines for children 3-6 years old no, clinical studies for this age group are not was produced.
Reviews: Many help, some children and adults are allergic reactions in the form of rashes, swelling, itching.
Price: Kagocel - average180-280rub. In 2012, the volume of sales amounted to - 2.64 billion. rubles
Tyloron (Amiksin, Lavomax)
Pharmacological action: active ingredient Tiloron, possesses antiviral andimmunomodulatingaction, it is a synthetic inducer of interferon that stimulates the formation of interferons alpha, beta, gamma.
Side effects: short-term chills, allergic reactions, contraindicated in breastfeeding and pregnancy.
Issued: almost 40 years ago, children under 7 years of age are strictly prohibited.
Research: The benefits of the drug are unquestionable for both treatment and prevention of viral diseases, but this can overlap with potential harm to the body. In the 80's in the US, after tests on mice, the drug was banned, as it had a highly toxic effect,in experimental animals, retinal bundle, liver lipidosis and other side effects were observed. It does not apply in the US and the European Union. In our country, continue to produce antiviral Amiksin and doctors appoint it to patients.
A small study involved 14 patients who received tilorone in a dose of 152 and 189 g, in 2 the drug caused keratopathy and retinopathy (while the visual acuity did not decrease), these effects were reversible. The authors of the study concluded about the potential danger of the drug for health.
Reviews: The occurrence of allergic reactions, the high cost of medicine.
Price: Amiksin - on average500-560rub. Sales volume in 2012 amounted to 7 billion. rub.
Additionally! Medicines, the so-called immunomodulators - Lycopid, Polyoxidonium, Cycloferon, Proteflazide, Timogen, Panavir, Isoprinosine, Neovir, Groprinosin and others. - should not be used to treat children (for various diseases) without immunograms and serious indications as they do not have the proper clinical trials of efficacy and safety in the treatment children.
Below are just some of the antiviral medications from Orvi, reviews about them, a brief description, comments on known studies of their effectiveness, the average price in pharmacies.
Pharmacological action: active substance imidazolylethanamide pentandioic acid. It is active against adenovirus infection, influenza A, B, respiratory syncytial infection, parainfluenza. It is an immunomodulator that affects the functional activity of the interferon system.
Side effects: allergic reactions
Contraindicated: children under 18 years.
Produced: as a drug for the treatment of influenza and orgi from 2008, before that, according to prof. Vlasova Vasilia Vitaglutam (imidazolylethanamide pentane diacid) was used in Russia before 2008 as a stimulant for hematopoiesis in cancer patients receiving an anticancer therapy.
Research: According to the manufacturers, the idea of producing Ingavirin arose in the 1980s, but Only after many years of research into its safety and efficacy was the drug submitted for registration by 2008 year. When Vitaglutam was used in patients with oncological diseases, there was no convincing evidence of its effectiveness. And when in 2008 Ingavirin appeared on the pharmaceutical market without full-fledged studies, the "epidemic of swine flu" began in the country, therefore Ingavirin was actively sold. The drug was recommended by the Ministry of Health and Social Development, even despite the absence of placebo-controlled studies, reasonable evidence of its effectiveness.
One study conducted at 105!!! of patients with confirmed influenza showed the following results:
- Receiving ingavirin reduced the duration of fever to 3 hours (if used in the first 1 days after the onset of the disease)
- In the placebo group, this is 72 hours
- In the group taking Arbidol - 48 hours
Analyzing the duration and intensity of flu symptoms - weakness, headache, dizziness in patients with ingavirin was confirmed to reduce the severity of the disease, side effects are not revealed.
In May 2009, Alexander Chuchalin, chief therapist of the Russian Federation, (he led a team of drug developers) gave an interview to the magazine Ogonek: "The new antiviral agent Ingavirin efficiency is much higher than that of the AmericanTamiflu. The Russian drug is quickly and easily integrated into the genome of the A / H1N1 virus, immediately destroying it. It is also effective with other dangerous viruses. "
Reviews: Most drug does not help, isolated cases confirm the reduction in the timing of the disease.
Price:380-460rub. From January to June 2010, the sales volume of Ingavirin was 220 million. rubles, 467 thousand packages were sold.
Pharmacological action: Antiviral, has the ability to suppress viruses of influenza A and B, SARS - severe acute respiratory syndrome, associated coronavirus. Arbidol is also used in the complex therapy of acute rotavirus intestinal infections.
Active substance: Methylphenylthiomethyl-dimethylaminomethyl-hydroxybromoindole carboxylic acid ethyl ester.
Side effects: use of children under 3 years is prohibited, individualallergic reactions.
Produced: invented in 1974, in 1992, it began its industrial production.
Research: Until 2013 there was no convincing evidence in its effectiveness and safety. Studies conducted in the USSR have not been published. In Russia in 2008, a study of 300 people showed that Viferon was more effective than Arbidol. In 2004, in China, tests for 230 patients with symptoms of Orvi showed it was not effective, in contrast to Tamiflu and Ingaverin. In 2009, in the journal of the UK "Antiviral Research the authors of the research stated that strains resistant to Arbidol are formed less frequently than those of Remantadine and Amantadine.
The Office of Quality Control of US Medicines denied registration of Arbidol in the United States, and WHO has never considered this drug as an effective antiviral drug.
Update on the drug: At the end of 2013, the World Health Organization Arbidol (umifenovir) as an antiviral drug with a direct effect, assigning it an individual code J05AX13. Thus, Pharmstandard received a nominal permission for widespread use of the drug on the territory of the Russian Federation, where Arbidol is included in the standards of treatment and prevention of influenza and ARVI in children and adults.
Nevertheless, the multicenter test of the effectiveness of Arbidol, which was planned to be completed in 2013, has not been completed to this day, and its terms have been postponed to 2015. The results of this test, which has serious sponsors and does not suffer from a shortage of patients, could put a dot over I in the arbidol epic, but for unknown reasons this is not occurs. I.eevidence of effectiveness is not present until now, it remains to wait ...
Reviews: The same number of positive reviews and opinions about the ineffectiveness of its use. There are isolated cases of allergic reactions in the form of dermatitis, angioedema, pain in the epigastric region.
Price: Arbidol - on average130-710rub. In 2012, the volume of sales - more than 5 billion. rub.
Pharmacological action: an antiviral drug, which includes oseltamivir carboxylate (active metabolite), suppresses influenza A and B viruses. When Orvi is not effective.
Side effects: Nausea, insomnia, diarrhea, dizziness, lethargy, cough, headaches, with caution to pregnant women and lactation. Contraindicated for children under 1 year.
Produced: since 1996, the pharmaceutical company "F. Hoffmann-La Roche "registered the right to developpreparations containing oseltamivir.
Research: Tamiflu has a disadvantage - it complicates the diagnosis, because side effects are similar to the symptoms of influenza. It is dangerous in the epidemic period with long-term admission. Optimum effective only short-term use - a few days at the beginning of the flu. Independent researchers demanded a standard report from the Swiss manufacturer of 4-5 research modules. To which the pharmaceutical company provided only the first modules, repeated requests for full information were never satisfied.
Since 2004, cases of neuropsychic disorders began to be registered, more often in children and adolescents, who took Tamiflu during influenza - hallucinations, nightmares, confusion, convulsions, anxiety, etc.
Japanese postmarketing studies of this drug in 2006 have indicated a risk of developing impaired consciousness in humans - psychosis, depression, suicidal tendencies, especially in children. And there were also 54 deaths after Tamiflu, 16 of which were in adolescents 10-19 years (15 killed suicide, 1 died, hitting a car), the rest died of kidney failure (it is possible that due to severe flu).
The latest information about this drug:Back in April 2014, the Cochrane Society (an independent health research network) represented by Tom Jefferson and the British Medical the journal published data from the Cochrane review of studies that did not confirm the efficacy of Tamiflu and Relenza in the treatment and prevention influenza. Also, the efficacy of reducing influenza complications with these drugs has also been questioned. The firm attempts of Roche firm to fight back with a firm promise to provide undeniable evidence in the form of results of randomized trials have so far not been successful. Evidence is expected to present.
April 10, 2014, the Cochrane Collaboration website published the results of these 26 clinical trials Relenza and 20 clinical trials of Tamiflu, in which 2, 00 people participated.
As a result of the research it was found that:
- Oseltamivir as a preventive agent slightly reduces the risk of developing influenza in families, without reducing the ability of the influenza virus to be transmitted from person to person.
- The duration of symptoms is reduced by 16 hours (from 7 to, days), in children this effect is absent altogether.
- The drug has no effect on the risk of serious complications (sinusitis, otitis media, pneumonia, bronchitis), that is, does not reduce the likelihood of complications.
- The medicine is recognized as sufficiently toxic, increasing the risk of nausea, vomiting in both children and adults.
- When used for preventive purposes, the drug was dangerous to health, because it leads to mental disorders, impaired renal function, in some cases found that it helps to reduce the production of their own antibodies to the virus.
Based on these studies, health officials of the world's leading countries should decide to stop mass procurement of antiviral drugs with the current substance Oseltamivir due to the high risk of side effects and low effectiveness as a medicine for the therapy and prevention of influenza virus in the period epidemic.
reference: only on the basis of the claims of the manufacturer Tamiflu that the drug significantly reduces the risk of serious complications and hospitalization of patients during the epidemic, countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States in 2009 in connection with the epidemic of swine flu, these drugs were purchased at 40 million doses (The USA, bln. dollars, Great Britain 424 million. f.St.).
Based on recent data on the low efficacy and non-safety of this antiviral agent, an international group experts in evidence-based medicine called on the governments of the world's leading countries to stop mass purchases of Tamiflu and Relenza.
Reviews: There are enough reviews about side effects in the form of vomiting, dizziness, psychosis, headache. The effectiveness of influenza is confirmed by many.
Price: Tamiflu-on average1200-1300rub.
Pharmacological action: antiviral drug, an adamantane derivative, suppresses various strains of the influenza A virus (swine flu including).
Side effects: contraindicated in pregnant women, children under 1 year. Reduces concentration of attention, causes dizziness, nervousness, headache, increased fatigue, nausea, vomiting, dryness inmouth.
Produced: information on the first uses of the drug are known since 1968.
Research: The tests were conducted from 1981 to 2006, mainly they showed a lower toxicity of Remantadine in comparison with Amantadine. One study showed the effectiveness of preventing Amantadine influenza infection by 61% in compared with the placebo group and in the event that a person fell ill, then for 1 day reduced febrile syndrome. In the same study, he was compared to Tamiflu, he gave an efficacy of 73% of the placebo group. Rimantadine (Remantadine) is currently considered a drug with proven clinical efficacy, but the possible resistance to it of some strains of the influenza virus.
Reviews: There are reviews that Remantadin causes side effects - dizziness, tachycardia, bitterness in the mouth. In general, the reviews are positive.
Price: Remantadine - average50-150rub.
It is during the flu (including swine) with the first symptoms of therapists and pediatricians recommend: adults - Remantadin, Tamiflu. Children over 1 year old are shown by Orvir (rimantadine syrup), Viferon. Children older than 8 years can - Remantadin (in the table), Tamiflu.
Interferons are informant proteins, which are excreted by cells infected with viruses. They seem to inform other cells about the infection and the required inactivation of the virus. Alpha interferons produce lymphocytes, beta - fibroblasts. In addition to Viferon, the alpha group includes Intron, Reaferon, Kipferon.
ViferonThe creation of the drug was scientifically justified in the period 1990-1995. group of scientists of the Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology. N.F. Gamaleia under the guidance of prof. Malinovskaya V.V.
Since December 1996 on the basis of the same SRI, serial production of recombinant interferon alfa-2b in suppositories begins. Viferon - a candle with a different content of the active substance.
- Viferon-1 (150000 IU) is designed for babies from birth to 7 years. It is used in ARVI, herpetic infection, as an additional remedy for prolonged pneumonia or sepsis, including in preterm infants with intrauterine infections. The drug is given a course for 5 days. Children under 7 years are recommended 1 candle 2 times a day. Preterm, born on a period of more than 34 weeks - as children under 7 years. With a shorter gestation period - 1 candle three times a day. If necessary, after a five-day break, the course can be repeated for another 5 days.
- In children older than seven years, an adult drug in candles for 50, 00 IU is used twice a day for five days. Possible use of viferon in pregnant women.
- Candles with viferon content of , 0, 00 and , 0, 00 IU are used in the treatment of viral hepatitis and herpetic infections.
- The preparation in the form of ointment is intended for the therapy of herpes on the skin and mucous membranes in adults and children older than a year.
Side effects: the main side effect of drugs viferon may be an allergic reaction, which happens infrequently.
Research: As for the effectiveness of the drug, it is not included in list A of evidence-based pharmacology. I.e,wide randomized trials in humans consistent with international standards were not performed. However, a positive practical experience of treatment with viferon in pediatric practice is available. (By the way, nitroglycerin also does not have randomized studies that prove its effectiveness, which does not make it an ineffective first-line drug for stenocardia). Publications of these clinical trials of the drug are available only in Russian and were conducted only in domestic clinics. Value for money allows pediatricians to recommend a drug for ARVI treatment in children younger than seven years. For adults in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, the drug is of limited use because of rectal administration and the availability of alternative drugs.
The main arguments of the opponents of the drug:
- high molecular weight of protein molecules that can not be absorbed in the gut
- lack of clinical trials that meet international standards.
KipferonIn candle light a little expensive for the treatment of common colds. Therefore, it is replaced by viferon. But, with severe forms of intestinal dysbiosis in children of the first two years of life, the drug shows good clinical results.
Studies: Randomized trials were not conducted, that is, the drugrefers to the list of drugs with unproven effects. The main claims:
- High molecular weight, which prevents normal absorption
- Adding to the drug components of the donor blood, which can cause fever and allergies.
Cycloferon was originally registered as a veterinary drug in 1993 for the treatment of animals with viral infections, in 1995 it was already honey. a drug.
The drug Cycloferon is approved for use in adults and children older than four years. Produced in solution for injection, tablets, liniment. Refers to immunomodulating drugs, is an inducer of interferon, enhancing its production and exhibiting antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating properties.
Application: on the territory of the Russian Federation is used in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, viral hepatitis, herpes infection, human papillomaviruses and other urological and gynecological pathologies (eg, candidiasis, chlamydia).
Contraindications: The drug is not recommended for pregnant and lactating. May cause an allergic reaction.
Research: Cycloferon is an immunostimulant that stimulates the immune system and the production of interferons. To date, allclinical trialsthis drug, published in the medical literature,were conducted only in the territory of the Russian Federation and do not meet international standards.
There are no serious clinical trials for cycloferon that would prove its effectiveness or refuted the absence of long-term adverse effects of this drug (development of autoimmune diseases). It is not superfluous to recall that all drugs that are on the pharma market for less than five years are still at the fifth level pharmacological tests and it is quite possible to identify previously unknown undesirable effects from drugs such series. In the presence of newly identified harmful effects, the drug will be withdrawn from the pharmacy networks and discontinued, and most of those who have been treated with this remedy and have earned some disruptions in health are unlikely to receive at least some compensation.
Ineffectiveness of antiviral agents due to the stability of strains of the virus
The lack of a positive effect with the use of certain antiviral drugs for influenza is possible, and because there are drug-resistant viruses and a specific influenza strain may already be resistant to a particular drug (eg, Remantadin).
Other treatments and placebo effect
It is also possible that patients whose reviews indicate the efficacy of such remedies were quickly recovered by other methods of symptomatic treatment, and the placebo effect is not excluded (cf. amazing facts about placebo).
In a healthy organism, after 2-3 days, the immune system produces enough protective antibodies against the virus, it does not need additional medicines. It is enough to comply with all the known rules - bed rest, plentiful hot drink, vitaminized foods and drinks, clean air in the patient's room, gargling, etc.
Rapid recovery with antiviral drugs
In various life situations, reducing the duration of the disease even for one day can be very important, for example - wedding day, urgent business trip, important business deal, exam, interview and etc. It is in such cases that the use of antiviral drugs, which reduce the duration of the illness by 2-3 days, may make sense.
There are no adequate studies
Absence of benign studies on the study of effectiveness and side effects (on a large group of people, different ages, during long time), most antiviral agents from Orvi and influenza suggest the caution of their use or even the rejection of them.
Do not spend money on pacifiers
Spending money, in some cases, considerable, on drugs with unproved efficacy, side effects, questionable safety, perhaps, is not advisable. Any medicine, even useless or empty, can damage the body.
Video transmission: How the placebo effect works
- sec: 4 min. - about what means are usually prescribed by doctors
- with 2: 0 - about the effect of placebo on the work of the immune system
- with 3: 7 - about the high effect of placebo in children
- with 3: 5 - about preparations-pustachki, appointed or nominated at ORVI
- with 3: 0 - about homeopathy and antiviral drugs in ARVI
- with 4: 7 - on how modern research is conducted
List of inexpensive drugs against influenza and colds
Almost every person, at least once a year, suffers from a cold. No matter how strong the human body, it can not be fully insured against viruses and infections, especially if there is an off-season or winter. Producers for disease control offer inexpensive medicine for colds and flu. You need to know which ones are not just cheap, but also effective.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive but effective
All funds for influenza and cold are divided into three broad categories:
- Antiviral. These drugs fight the virus, make the body cells more resistant to its effects.
- Immunomodulators. Preparations to correct the body's defense reactions to the natural level.
- For symptomatic treatment. Drugs of this group do not suppress the infection, but simply remove the symptoms of a cold or flu.
The most famous drugs of this category:
- Tamiflu, Oseltamivir. Adults and adolescents drink 1 tablet twice a day for five days. The medicine is not recommended for those who have diseased kidneys.
- «Amiksin». Adults drink on the first day of illness two tablets of 125 mg, and then - a piece every other day. The dosage of a child's drug is halved. The drug is not allowed for pregnant women.
- "Ribavirin." The drug is a new generation, very effective. Adults take r, r four times a day. Course - 5 days.
Inexpensive good cures for cold and flu of this category:
- "Cycloferon." The drug for adults and children, who are already four years old. The course is 20 days, take a pill every other day.
- «Kagotsel». This medicine can be combined with antibiotics. Adults drink two tablets three times the first two days, and then one each. "Kagotsel" can not be taken for the first three months of pregnancy.
- Anaferon. Homeopathic remedy. Adults drink one tablet 3-6 times a day.
For symptomatic treatment
List of drugs that can remove signs of illness:
- "Koldakt Flyu Plus." Capsules with paracetamol and excipients. Drink them one by one every 12 hours. During treatment it is necessary to refuse categorically from alcoholic beverages.
- "Coldrex". Helps with a cold with a wet cough. It is necessary to take one tablet 3-4 times a day. This drug can not be drunk if you have diabetes, liver or kidney failure.
- "Rince". Tablets take a piece 4 times a day. They can not be drunk with pregnant women, children under 15, people with heart disease, blood vessels. Course - 5 days.
- Fervex. The drug is released in the form of sachets of powder, which must be dissolved in warm water. Do not use "Fervex" for more than three days. A day can not drink more than 4 packages.
In addition to pills, there are many other drugs that fight disease effectively. If you do not want to take antiviral medications for cold and flu, drink complex means of symptomatic action, then you can try another treatment tactic. The decision must be made based on the severity of the disease. There are many inexpensive drugs for cold and flu that will ease your condition.
From a sore throat
To remove inflammation and irritation you will benefit from such medications:
- "Grammidine." Quick-acting tablets for resorption with anesthetic. Take them two times four times a day, observing a weekly course.
- Strepsils. Relieve pain and have an antiseptic effect. Tablets must be dissolved one at a time every three hours. Children over five years of age are allowed to be treated with the drug. Completely remove the pain in the throat for three or four days.
- Faryngosept. A powerful medicine that is forbidden to children under six. Tablets are recommended to dissolve after eating and then for a while not to drink liquids. For a day - no more than five pieces. The course of treatment is three days.
Runny nose will help you remove these drugs:
- "Sanorin". Have vasoconstrictive effect. Do not treat nasal congestion, and temporarily eliminate it. These drops can not be used for more than five days in a row. The composition of the reduced concentration of vasoconstrictor substances and eucalyptus oil.
- "Pinosol". Medicinal drops that have a curative effect. They struggle slowly with the causes of the common cold, but they do not eliminate the stuffiness.
- Aqua Maris. Means for moisturizing the nasal mucosa. It does not dry the blood vessels, it speeds up the healing process. Moisturizing drops are recommended to apply for any type of common cold.
- "Vibrocil". Antiviral drug. Drops remove not only the common cold, but also its cause. They have vasoconstrictive, antihistamine action, kill bacteria, and reduce swelling.
Rapidly reduce the temperature of such medicines:
- "Paracetamol". A time-tested and inexpensive remedy that removes heat, relieves pain and inflammation. There are practically no side effects. Paracetamol is the main active ingredient of many other medicines: Panadol, Fervexa, Flukolda, Coldrex.
- Ibuprofen. This medicine is rather anti-inflammatory, but it also lowers the temperature well. Do not take those with an ulcer, kidney or liver disease. It is part of the "Nurofen "Ibuklina".
- "Aspirin" (acetylsalicylic acid). Antipyretic and analgesic. Do not take pregnant women, children under 12, those who have low blood coagulability. It is the main component of a huge number of other antipyretic drugs.
This unpleasant symptom of cold will help to overcome such ointments:
- Acyclovir. The most inexpensive means. It struggles with the virus, does not allow it to multiply. If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, do not use the drug. If herpes you often appears, it is better to alternate "Acyclovir" with another antiseptic ointment or cream, so as not to cause addiction.
- Zovirax. The composition of the cream includes propylene glycol, thanks to which the active substance penetrates into the cells faster and more efficiently. It is well absorbed into the skin. "Zovirax" should be used clearly according to the instructions.
- Fenistil Pencivir. Very powerful medicine that eliminates herpes immediately. Does not allow the wound to become scarring. The drug can not be used by pregnant, lactating mothers, children under the age of 12.
Table of preparations:
From a dry cough
From a wet cough
Inexpensive drugs analogues
If even the cheapest antiviral drugs are too expensive for you, use Paracetamol, Aspirin, or Ibuprofen. For symptomatic treatment, use local remedies: nasal drops "Naphthyzine" or "Farmazolin tablets for the treatment of sore throat "Septifril medicine "From coughing". It will also be effective to rinse your throat with "Chlorophyllipt".
Drugs for the prevention of influenza and colds
To protect yourself from the disease, and not to cope with its manifestations, it is best to use drugs with immunomodulating action. The rules of preventive reception are described in the instructions of each of them. You can try capsules "Broncho-munal which is allowed to combine with almost all drugs. A good prophylactic action is possessed by such drugs as Ribomunil, Immunal, Rimantadine, Arbidol, Amizon.
Video: home Coldreks for colds
Olya, 27 years old: At the first symptoms of the flu, I always take some symptomatic medicine, for example, "Rinzu" or "Coldrex". This does not allow the infection to "play out". Immunomodulators did not drink at all because of the high price. And I try to treat the child with folk remedies, but I knock down the temperature with Paracetamol. I trust more domestic products.
Lena, 35 years old: Now the pharmacy offers so many names of medicines for colds that it's hard not to get lost. I try to use antipyretic drugs, for example, "Aspirin" or "Paracetamol." If the runny nose begins, then I use "Pinosol". He helps well, though he does not break his nose. If you start a sore throat, I use "Chlorophyllipt".
Tanya, 24 years old: I always have ORVI with fever and cough. I drink Fervex in powders, and I also buy ACTS. Thanks to this treatment, my illness lasts for three or four days. Last winter, saw for the prevention of "Arbidol but still sick, so I do not recognize any medications for correcting the immunity. I'm cured when the cold has already begun.
Antiviral drugs for H1N1 influenza
The previous influenza pandemic that raged in 2009 caused enormous losses in the economies of the countries due to illness of citizens and caused a considerable number of deaths. Recent studies have led to the creation of new effective antiviral drugs used for H1N1 influenza. More information on which antiviral drugs in the form of H1N1 influenza is recommended by modern medicine can be found in this material.
Preparations for the prevention of H1N1 influenza
It is well known that any disease is easier to prevent than treat. Specific prophylaxis of H1N1 influenza includes the use of immunity-strengthening drugs, as well as antiviral and immunomodulating medications, including:
- Arbidol, preventing the penetration into the cells of influenza viruses from group B and A (the latter includes the H1N1 influenza strain). In addition to the fact that the drug increases the body's resistance to a viral infection, it minimizes the likelihood of complications in the event of illness.
- Algiers (Orvir)- a medicament used for preventive and curative purposes, is shown for all age groups.
- Ingavirin- antiviral and anti-inflammatory drugs, effective for influenza A and B viruses, adenovirus infections.
- Kagocel- a therapeutic and preventive tool used for influenza, respiratory infections, herpes infection.
- RemantadineIt is used to prevent infection during epidemics of viral infections. The taking of tablets is also indicated for the prevention of tick-borne encephalitis.
Attention!All listed pharmaceutical preparations can be used not only for preventive purposes, but also for the treatment of H1N1 influenza.
Vaccination takes a special place in the prevention of influenza. A timely procedure aimed at stimulating the production of antibodies for viruses, significantly reduces the risk of contracting influenza and respiratory infections.
Antiviral drugs against H1N1 influenza
To treat influenza H1N1 used viral drugs of different directions:
- The first group includes medicines that do not allow the influenza virus to attach to a living cell.
- The second is made up of medicines that block the multiplication of the virus.
Among the popular antiviral agents that affect the process of merging the envelopes of the virus and cells, Arbidol
Of means suppressing the reproduction of the H1N1 flu virus, Remantadin (Polirem, Flumadin) and Ingaron are particularly noteworthy. In recent years, more often with complicated flu, doctors recommend a new generation of medicine Ribavirin, which inhibits the synthesis of the virus.
The newest drug Tamiflu (Oseltamivir) simultaneously prevents the penetration of the virus into the cell and inhibits the release of the resulting viral genetic material.
It should be remembered that all antiviral agents are effective if applied at the appearance of the first symptoms of influenza (in the first two days).
In addition, in the treatment of influenza, drugs containing interferon are used. They promote the activation of the natural anti-infectious capabilities of the body. Among such means:
Important!You can use antiviral drugs with the contraindications indicated in the instructions. So, for example, drugs Kagocel and Ingavirin can not be used for pregnant and lactating women, and also used in the therapy of children. It is also advisable to consult with a specialist, as in some cases there is an individual intolerance of some medicinal anti-influenza drugs.
For the prevention of flu and cold medicines: a list of the best
Winter, entering into legal rights, is associated not only with fun pastime on sledges, skis, but also with epidemics of influenza and various colds. But today there are simple and reliable methods to avoid unpleasant ailments. In order not to replenish the ranks of sneezers, it is recommended to use medicines that improve immunity and perfectly eliminate viruses for the prevention of flu and cold.
Recommended groups of medicines
Catarrhal diseases develop, as a rule, against the background of impaired immunological reactivity. Reducing the body's natural defense increases susceptibility to infections and increases the likelihood of recurrence of viral diseases. Recommended for the prevention of flu and cold medicines:
- Inductors of interferon. These include preparations "Cycloferon "Arbidol "Kagocel "Amiksin "Neovir". These drugs increase the production of their own interferon in the body, which increases the antiviral response. Such drugs are recommended to use in advance, a certain preventive course.
- Vitamins. The body needs them during the cold season. The most relevant is the use of Aevit, Gerimax, Antioxi-caps, Vetoron.
- Adaptogens. These are drugs that increase the resistance of the human body to the environment. Medicines stimulate protective forces, increase efficiency. Preference is given to such means as an extract of Eleutherococcus, Leuzea, Schizandra, Gerimax.
- Immunomodulators. These drugs restore impaired immunity. It is advisable to use drugs that do not require preliminary examination and are characterized by excellent tolerability for the prevention of influenza and cold. These can be preparations "Immunal "Immunorm "Bioaron C "Tonzilgon N "Bronhomunal "IRS-19 "Likopid "Imudon "Ribomunil".
- Antiviral drugs. Such a means can protect the body from a variety of viruses even during prevention. One of the effective means are Arbidol, Anaferon, Grippferon, Amiksin, Viferon, Kagotsel, Tsikloferon, Amizon.
List of drugs
Wishing to prevent unpleasant ailments, each person faces a large choice of means. Doctors identified the most effective and popular drugs for the prevention of flu and colds. The list of such funds will be discussed in more detail.
The drug "Amizon"
This drug is used to treat and prevent colds and flu. In addition, it is used to control some infectious diseases such as measles, chicken pox, rubella, mononucleosis and others.
The active substance of the drug is amizone. This remedy is not allowed for children under 6 years of age.
In the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, adults should drink from 2 to 4 times a day by, 5 The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
If the drug is used for prevention, it is recommended 3-5 days to consume 5 g. Then within 2-3 weeks apply 1 tablet every 2-3 days.
The course of treatment is usually enough for 1 pack (20 tablets). The drug "Amizon" is a fairly inexpensive means with a large spectrum of action.
The drug "Arbidol"
Prevention of influenza and colds is necessary? Medicines that make it possible to achieve high results are quite diverse. The perfect drug is Arbidol.
The drug is effective for the treatment of influenza A, B, ARVI. Very effective for preventive purposes. It allows not only to treat ailments, but also their complications. It is often used in the complex therapy of pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, recurrent herpes.
Allowed to use for children from 2 years.
For the treatment of uncomplicated diseases, adults are recommended to use 4 times a day in, g. The duration of such treatment is 3-5 days. If a drug is used for prophylaxis, it is applied per day in, g. In this case, the duration is from 10 to 14 days.
The drug is in demand for control and prevention in the season of the epidemic of influenza A. The remedy is not intended for children under 7 years of age.
To treat the disease it is advisable to use the drug according to the following scheme:
- 1 day - 2 pills three times a day;
- 2 -3 days - 2 pieces each. twice a day;
- 4-5 days - 2 tablets once a day.
Prophylaxis is based on the use of the drug 10-15 days once a day for 1 tablet.
The drug Anaferon
Can be used for the prevention of cold and cold homeopathic medicines. This is the tool Anaferon. It is recommended to use it in complex therapy for the treatment of influenza, herpes, ARVI.
This drug is allowed to apply to babies from 6 months. It is recommended to use the medicine during the first two hours every 30 minutes. Then within a day use three times for 1 tablet. Treatment continues until recovery.
Prophylaxis means taking 1 pill every day for 1-3 months.
It is advisable that the doctor recommends the adult people to prevent flu and cold. If you choose the drugs yourself, be sure to carefully read the instructions.
An effective remedy is the drug Amiksin. It is widely in demand for treatment, prevention of colds, flu, viral hepatitis.
The drug is not used for children less than 7 years old.
To treat the drug is used by, 25 g 1 time per day for 2 days. Then the agent in this dosage is applied 1 time for 48 hours. Prophylaxis is based on consumption, 25 g once a week. This method is appropriate to continue for 6 weeks.
Treatment and prevention of children
A healthy child is always cheerful. He laughs fervently, touching those around him. But unfortunately, the crumbs sometimes get sick.
It is much easier to prevent ailment, using for the prevention of flu and cold medicines for children. To avoid the disease, the baby should improve immunity. Effective drugs are "Grippferon "Interferon". Such drugs for the prevention of influenza and colds in newborns (up to 6 months) are buried in the nose. It is recommended to apply them twice a day, one drop.
Starting from 7 months, children can be given a children's drug Anaferon. The pill is diluted in a spoonful of warm water.
Below are the most effective for the prevention of influenza and colds, medicines for children. However, remember that self-medication is not recommended. It is desirable to coordinate the use of this or that remedy with the pediatrician.
Preparations "Viferon suppositories and ointment
These medications should be stored in the refrigerator.
Candles are an antiviral immunomodulatory agent. Such a drug is prescribed, if necessary, to newborn babies and even premature babies. The drug is effective for a variety of infectious and inflammatory diseases: influenza, acute respiratory infections, complications after bacterial infections.
Candles are injected every 12 hours rectally for five days. It is recommended to start using them at the first signs of ailment.
Ointment is allowed to use for children over 1 year old. It is gently applied to the mucous spout 3-4 times a day with a cotton swab. This remedy is very effective in complex therapy.
The medicine for children Anaferon
Often the question arises as to which medications for preventing influenza and colds for children up to a year can be used? The drug Anaferon for children is allowed to take crumbs from 1 month.
This is an excellent antiviral immunomodulatory drug. It is used for therapeutic and preventive purposes against many diseases, including acute respiratory disease, influenza.
The medicine is available in tablets. For infants, as described above, the tablet is diluted in boiled water. Older children are recommended to dissolve the pill.
This is a proven old tool. This ointment is allowed to apply even to newborns. For preventive purposes, they begin to use it, as a rule, from the second month of the child's life.
Ointment is applied to a cotton swab, which is smeared with a mucous spout. The remedy is exclusively prophylactic. It does not have the necessary curative effect.
The drug Aflubin
This is a wonderful homeopathic remedy that effectively eliminates the symptoms of colds and flu. It is allowed to use it at any age. It is only important to observe the necessary dosages.
The taste of the drug is not very pleasant. Therefore, you can dilute in tea or water the required number of drops.
This drug is immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, antipyretic. It is recommended to use the medicine at the first sign of ailment.
The drug "Interferon"
The product is available in ampoules. As some of the above described drugs for the prevention of flu and colds in children, this tool can be used from birth.
Before use, it is necessary to prepare a solution. In the open ampoule, boiled chilled water (about 2 ml) is injected to a special mark. The resulting drug is buried in the child's spout.
Means of "Grippferon"
The basis of the drug is the "Interferon" described above. The product is already fully ready for use. You do not need to brew it. The medicine is stored strictly in the refrigerator. The use is also allowed from birth.
In the vial the concentration of the substance "Interferon" is slightly higher than in the self-prepared solution described above. Therefore, crumbs up to a year are buried no more than 5 times a day.
The drug "Arbidol"
For the prevention of influenza and cold medicines, children under 3 years of age, not only those described above are used. The drug Arbidol is effective. However, it should be remembered that the drug is allowed to use only at the age of 2 years.
The preparation perfectly strengthens immunity. It helps to increase the resistance of the child's organism to many viral diseases. The medicine has perfectly proved itself, as a preventive agent.
How to be protected from an ailment by pregnant women?
Immunity of a woman preparing to become a mother is weakened. Therefore, the probability of catching a cold or catching the flu is increased. Sometimes doctors recommend for vaccination purposes before the epidemic. But in the early stages it is undesirable.
All the strength of a pregnant woman should direct to strengthen the body, increase immunity. It is recommended to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, fresh juices. Doctors advise eating a slice of garlic or a little green onions.
For preventive purposes, it is useful to use vitamin teas on herbs, fruit drinks, compotes. It is recommended to stop the selection on the dogrose, cranberry, calina, currant. Tea with lemon is useful. Efficient use of citrus fruits.
Which medicines are allowed to use to prevent flu and colds? For pregnant women, most of the funds are prohibited for admission. During the epidemic, before leaving the house, it is recommended to lubricate the mucous "Oxolin" ointment. You can drip your nose with Interferon. Before going to bed it is recommended to rinse your mouth with the tincture of "Calendula" or "Eucalyptus".
In addition, it is important for all family members, during the epidemic, to take appropriate drugs for preventive purposes.
During cold and wet weather, any person becomes extremely vulnerable to viruses that provoke colds. In addition, the flu can be not only an unpleasant disease, knocking out of the habitual rhythm of life, but also quite a dangerous phenomenon. Sometimes he leaves behind various complications. Therefore, during an epidemic, you should protect your body from illnesses as much as possible. Take quality, effective drugs. In this case, you will be provided with excellent protection from viruses.
What antiviral drugs are better to drink for the prevention of swine flu?
There are no such, and it is useless. Sleep, food, vitamins are best.
For prophylaxis - tea with lemon, ginger and honey, vitamin complex, and smear nose with oxolin ointment in the morning and evening
To prevent the flu, lemons with honey, more warm drinks, washing hands with soap and as often as possible, wash your nose with salt water and smear before visiting public places in Infagel, for antiviral effect. Get enough sleep, do not be nervous, you can drink an ascorbic. And from antiviral drugs, you should tell the doctor.
For the pig, there is no prophylaxis, drink the antiviral, only not Arbidol, money thrown to the wind
The most important thing is good immunity plus a good antiviral drug. In addition to drugs, you need to eat right and walk in the fresh air. My husband and I use http://www.kagocel.ru/. Love your body and then no flu you are not afraid.
Antiviral drugs and with conventional viruses can not cope, what is there to talk about swine flu. I took antiviral from amixin, until I rested properly, I did not recover. And do not forget about the drinking regime: teas with raspberries, lemon, ginger, all this contributes to a quick recovery, but not antiviral.