Than to treat an otitis of an external and average ear at pregnancy
- Home remedies
Infection occurs when pathogenic agents, such as bacteria or viruses, find a way into our body. So there are ARVI, sinusitis, otitis and other diseases. The impact of pathogenic microorganisms leads to inflammation of the ear, which in turn can lead to temporary hearing loss and various severe symptoms.
Before answering the question "how to treat otitis in pregnancy?" You should know the reason why your ear hurts.Ear infections in adults often occur due to occlusion of the auditory tube. The Eustachian tube is a long and narrow tube that connects the middle ear to the pharynx.
- It balances the average ear pressure according to atmospheric pressure.
- If this tube is clogged, the ear canal or infected fluid can not "leave" the middle ear. In this case, the liquid begins to press on the tympanic membrane.
- When drainage from the middle ear is disturbed, bacteria or viruses can multiply in the accumulated fluid.
Symptoms of Eustachian tube dysfunction usually appear after the first trimester of pregnancy
It is extremely important to consult a doctor in time to determine the nature of the infection. After the pathogen is identified, the specialist will be able to suggest the best treatment option.
Than to treat an otitis at pregnancy?
- External otitis media: conventional therapies, including ear drops containing polymyxin B-neomycin hydrocortisone, are safe during pregnancy, if there is no evidence of perforation of the tympanic membrane in otitis media. If the rupture of the eardrum is not ruled out, ear drops containing hydrocortisone and ciprofloxacin can be used.
- Whensevere bacterial infection of the middle or inner earthe doctor may need to prescribe antibiotics to alleviate the symptoms of the disease. Symptoms and treatment of otitis media of the middle ear differ slightly from the symptoms and treatment of otitis media of the inner ear. Before prescribing the medicine, the doctor must first exclude his possible risks or any negative effect on the fetus.
- Antibiotic "Amoxicillin" and analgesic "Tylenol" is usually prescribed fortreatment of ear infections in pregnant women. Although the use of these drugs is not associated with complications or adverse effects on fetal growth, such assumptions are based on studies that have been conducted on animals. The patient should take these drugs in strict accordance with the prescribed dosage and only at the doctor's prescription.
How to treat otitis in pregnant women with home remedies
To ease the symptoms of otitis media, you can try the following simple remedies:
- Drink a couple drops of warm olive oil in the affected ear. This will reduce the sense of pressure associated with the accumulation of sulfur.
- How to treat otitis in pregnant women with salt? Put the salt in a clean sock or bag and warm it up a bit in the microwave. Put a warm sock near the sore ear and hold it for a while.
- Colds, flu or sinus infections can also increase the risk of ear infections in pregnant women. Therefore, prevention of these diseases should not be neglected.
- Inhalation of steam is one of the home remedies that simply and effectively alleviate the symptoms of otitis media. Let and for a short period of time, but the pain in the ear decreases.
- Before treating otitis in pregnant women with the help of herbs, you should always consult a doctor who leads the pregnancy. Not all herbal preparations are safe for the body of a woman waiting for a baby.
Often in the treatment of external otitis resort to folk remedies. For example, boric acid is buried in the ear. The use of this tool requires caution, so be sure to consult with your doctor, whether it is appropriate for you to use this tool.
Remember: the above options are an addition, not a substitute for medication.
Pregnancy is a time when even minor health problems can scare a woman. Such fears are natural, after all, there is nothing more important for a future mother than the health of the fetus. Therefore, if you have any worrisome symptoms of an ear infection, you should seek medical help.
Otitis in pregnancy: how to avoid complicationsUnpleasant signs of otitis are familiar to many people, often from the mere mention of this disease becomes bad. This is really quite an unpleasant disease, which is not easy to cause a person's poor health, but also leads to the development of many complications. That is why it is important to start treatment of the inflammatory process as early as possible, when it is at the initial stage of development. But how to be, when there is an otitis at pregnancy, after all reception of medicines can do much harm to the child?
How does the disease manifest itself?Unfortunately, the development of otitis is equally susceptible to those women who expect the birth of a child, and not pregnant. Having discovered signs of an insidious disease, the future mother panics, because now the main task is to stop the pathological process in her body and not to harm the baby.
The human ear consists of several parts - the outer, middle and inner. Based on the depth of damage to the organ of hearing, otitis can also be external, middle and inner.
External otitis mediaExternal otitis in pregnancy is characterized by inflammation of the external part of the ear canal. In most cases, the infection enters the ear cavity if the skin is damaged. After getting injured, the skin becomes infected, from where the infection already penetrates into the ear cavity. The cause of development of external otitis in pregnant women can be too frequent and intensive removal of earwax, which performs a protective function against external factors.
To find out the development of external otitis, the future mother can by such signs:
- itching in the ear canal;
- a slight increase in temperature;
- partial short-term hearing loss;
- noise in the ears, a feeling of stuffiness.
The inflammatory process can be purulent, then pus will be released from the ears. With the correct treatment of otitis in pregnant women, which should be as safe as possible for the future mother and baby, the disease passes without consequences after 3 days.
Average otitis mediaUsually otitis media develops against the background of inflammatory nasopharyngeal disease. In this case, the infection from the nose enters the ear cavity through the Eustachian tube. In all patients, this form of inflammatory process proceeds in different ways, including in pregnant women. Some can greatly increase body temperature, there is stuffiness of the ear, headaches, hearing loss, severe shooting pain in the area of the ear canal and purulent discharge.
However, even purulent otitis can sometimes occur without symptomatic symptoms, then the expectant mother does not even suspect the development of the inflammatory process, which is very dangerous for her and her child.
The disease takes a neglected form, and it is very difficult to treat, which is due to the minimum number of acceptable drugs during pregnancy.
Absence of temperature with purulent otitis is due to the fact that due to the decrease in the immunity of a pregnant woman, her body is not able to adequately respond to the penetration of infection into it.
Average otitis mediaDue to a decrease in the immune system, acute otitis media during pregnancy can quickly move into a chronic form, then the disease will bother the woman for many more years, periodically making itself felt. To prevent this, you should consult a specialist if you have any doubts about penetration into the ear cavity of the infection. The otolaryngologist on the basis of the data received at examination of the patient, will confirm or exclude the diagnosis. Only a doctor can tell how to treat otitis in pregnant women.
Treatment of a disease in pregnancyTreatment of otitis in pregnancy should be based on the same principles that should be observed by specialists in the treatment of any disease in expectant mothers.First of all, the intended use of prescribed medications and procedures should be higher than the probable risks to the health of the child.
As a rule, at the initial stages of the disease course, treatment begins with the local application of medications. With purulent otitis, when a woman has a fever and a pus from the ear, the specialist selects an antibiotic taking into account the terms of pregnancy. If the pus does not go out by itself through the perforation of the tympanic membrane, the doctor must pierce it. In another case, purulent otitis threatens with terrible consequences - from hearing loss to penetration of infection into the skull. After the puncture of the tympanic membrane and cleaning of her cavity from the pus, the patient's condition improves significantly. The damage itself overgrows and the hearing is fully restored.It is important to give up self-medication inflammation, than to treat otitis during pregnancy can only tell the otolaryngologist. During this period, the expectant mother should entrust her health to a specialist, because he will conduct therapy, given her position and the timing of her pregnancy. Well-proven anti-inflammatory drops of Otipax, which are prescribed even to newborn children. In some cases Amoxiclav, an antibacterial preparation, is used with caution. It is prescribed in cases when the expert is sure of the inevitability of the transition of inflammation into a purulent process.
In pregnant women, otitis treatment should be carried out with extreme caution and only after a reliably diagnosed diagnosis.
Tip 1: How to treat otitis in pregnancy
During pregnancy, the body of a woman is most susceptible to various diseases, among which otitis occurs. For its treatment it is recommended to use traditional medicinal preparations, and also to use some methods of traditional medicine.
You will need
- - laurel leaves;
- - leaves of aloe;
- - Kalanchoe leaves;
- - leaves of geranium;
- - bow;
- - seeds of cumin;
- - medical alcohol;
- - flowers of chemist's chamomile;
- - bandage;
- - gauze;
- - wadding;
- - polyethylene.
- If the first symptoms of the disease occur, be sure to consult a specialist who will choose the best course of treatment for you. In most cases, doctors try to combine traditional methods of treatment with recipes of traditional medicine, because the list of drugs approved for use by pregnant women is quite small. In some cases, when in addition to severe pain and hearing loss, otitis is accompanied by purulent discharge, the doctor still have to connect an antibiotic, picking up the least safe for you and the future child.
- Inflammation of the bay leaves will greatly alleviate the pain in the ear. In a small saucepan, draw 0.2 liters of water and bring to a boil. Finely crumble the laurel leaves and add them to the boiling liquid. Stir thoroughly and switch off. Cover the pan with a lid and put in a warm place for 2.5-3 hours, after which the finished infusion strain. Use it in a warm form to rinse the diseased ear.
- Well help to cope with the disease of aloe and calanchoe. To do this, take one small leaf from each plant and grind them well. The resulting gruel is placed on a bandage folded in two layers, wrap and insert into the sore ear for the night.
- Will remove inflammation and prevent the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria onion juice. Take a small bulb, peel it and rinse it under cold water. Cut into four parts, grate on a fine grater or twist in a meat grinder. Using a piece of gauze, squeeze the juice from the resulting gruel. Dampen in it a pre-prepared turundochku (cotton or gauze swab) and place it in a sore ear while sleeping.
- Prepare ear drops based on onion juice and cumin seed. Take a large onion and cut off the top. Cut a small hole in the bulb. In this hole, pour 1 tsp. seeds of cumin, then cover the top with a cut off earlier apex. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow the bulb to cool a little, then squeeze the juice out of it. With the received juice bury ears 3 times a day for 2-3 drops within 10 days.
- Sharp shooting pain helps to remove a fresh sheet of geranium. Tear off the geranium leaf, wash it thoroughly and dry it. Grind it with your fingers and gently insert it into the ear canal for 1-2 hours.
- In some cases it is recommended to use a warming compress. Skin near the auricle with a baby cream or petroleum jelly. Prepare an alcohol solution: mix 50 ml of water and 50 ml of alcohol. Preheat to 40 degrees. Dampen gauze in the resulting solution, gently squeeze and place around the ear. Place the polyethylene film on top, while the ear canal should remain open. On top of the film, put cotton wool and properly fix it with bandage. Keep the compress no more than , -2 hours. Apply twice a day.
- When purulent otitis experts recommend washing your ear with a warm infusion of chemist's chamomile. In a small saucepan, pour 0.2 liters of water and heat to boiling point. Pour 1 tsp into boiling water. chamomile flowers and mix thoroughly. Hold on the fire for a minute, then turn it off and put it in a warm place for 2.5-3 hours, then strain it. Wash 3-4 times a day.
- Before taking any action to treat the disease, be sure to consult a doctor. Self-medication can harm you and your baby.
Treatment of otitis media in adults
Diseases of the ear cause a lot of trouble for a person. The term "otitis" is used to refer to any infections that penetrate the hearing organs. This disease can be internal, middle or external. The type of ailment depends on the part of the ear that is affected, and on the time of its destructive effect. How to treat otitis media in adults, it is necessary to know in order to relieve yourself of pain in time.
How to treat otitis media at home
To begin treatment of an otitis at adults, it is necessary with recognition of illness. With this disease there is pain, the ear starts to itch and shoot, inflammation occurs. Self-medication should not be dealt with, but manifestations of the symptoms of the disease should be immediately clearly noticed, in order to provide first aid. Symptoms of the disease are manifested by its type:
- External otitis media. Characteristic pain in the organs of hearing, itching in the region of the auricle, purulent discharge and unpleasant odor. On the skin of the ear there is peeling, swelling and redness. In this case, a person normally hears.
- Otitis media is divided into two groups. Acute suppurative otitis media is characterized by painful sensations inside the ear. The nature of the pain can be different: aching, stitching, throbbing. It is able to localize in the areas of the jaw, temple, nape. In addition, there is an increase in body temperature. If too much pus accumulates inside the ear, then the perforation of the tympanic membrane and the release of purulent formation can occur. Chronic form of the disease brings worsening of hearing, leads to complications. It is recognized due to the constant flow of pus.
- Adhesive and allergic otitis. With such inflammation, there is a noise in the ears, a constant decrease in the level of hearing, a headache, weakness, the appearance of adhesions.
- Internal otitis media is a complication of the middle. This type of ailment is not accompanied by pain, there is a loss of hearing and dizziness.
Treatment of otitis should begin with the appearance of the first symptoms, before complications can occur, and the disease does not change from acute to chronic. Cope with the disease you can and sitting at home, as prescribed by a doctor of suitable means. A large range of medicines is used for the fight:
- antibiotics inside;
- homeopathic remedies;
- as a supporting therapy - folk remedies.
Cure the outer or middle otitis easily with the help of ear drops. By composition, such drugs can be single-component (contain only antibiotic) or bicomponent (antibiotic and anti-inflammatory substance). Examples of such drugs are Otoposarin, Polidex. Drops in the ears with otitis are considered to be an effective medication. There are many drugs designed to get rid of the disease. There are drops from otitis in adults, which are used more often than others:
- "Normaks." In the composition - norfloxacin, auxiliary substances. Indications for use - external, medium (acute and chronic), internal otitis. To drip it is necessary on 1-2 drops 4 times / day in a sick ear. The price: 100-140 р.
- "Otofa". Contains rifamycin sodium and other substances. Indications - external, medium acute, average chronic otitis media. Dosage of application - to drip in an ear on 5 drops 3 times / day. You can pour the medicine in your ear for about 2 hours. Price: 170-220 rubles.
- Sofredex. The composition is rich: Framicetin sulfate, gramicidin, dexamethasone. It is used for otitis externa. Drip 2-3 drops 3-4 times / day. You can use compresses, laying the ear passage with a gauze swab with the medicine. The price: 290 р.
- "Anotite." In the composition - levomitsetin, boric acid, lidocaine hydrochloride, auxiliary substances. Indications - external, purulent middle, purulent otitis media. It is applied on 4-5 drops 3-4 times / day. The price: 40-50 р.
Such medications are required for an average, diffuse, secretory form of the disease, when some drops do not help. Antibiotics can be used to treat bilateral, viral and fungal otitis media. These drugs fight inflammatory processes that have arisen in the field of auditory organs, some are capable of anesthetizing. It is recommended not to take antibiotics for more than 5 days. Increase the effect of drugs through additional drugs or folk remedies. Among the antibiotics used to treat otitis media are:
- "Spiramycin" (take 2-3 times / day for 1 capsule, price: 205 rubles);
- "Ampicillin" (drink 4 times / day for 1 capsule, price: 22 rubles);
- "Ciprofloxacin" (inside 2 times a day for 1 capsule, price: 14 rubles);
- other popular antibiotics may be used.
In addition to the above listed tools, treatment of otitis media of the middle ear in adults and the external type of the disease is carried out using other affordable, inexpensive but effective methods. You can use boric acid or boric alcohol. The medium is heated to body temperature by lowering the vial into warm water. Then the medicine is digested into the ear passages by pipetting 3 drops. To prevent the drug from flowing, put cotton swabs in your ears. Boric acid in otitis relieves inflammation and pain syndrome, is suitable as a first aid in the manifestation of signs of the disease.
When some medicamental methods are not enough, proven methods of treating otitis in adults come to the rescue. People's means are great, each has a special effect. Such methods should be used correctly for the first symptoms or as part of a comprehensive therapy. Sometimes you can do only with folk remedies, but it is better to use medicines from the pharmacy. Here are some natural "preparations" for solving the problem:
- Tincture of birch buds. To prepare, you need to insist 10 g of birch buds for 200 ml of vodka or alcohol. Use the medicine after a week. Obtain the product with a wet tampon and place it in your ear. To remove pain, several procedures are required.
- Propolis tincture. The medicine will come to the rescue with severe pain. Preheat the preparation, drip 2 drops in both ear canals, then place in the ears cotton swabs. The remedy should be kept for 15-20 minutes.
- Sugar smoke. Original remedy. Take a tin lid without gum, pour 1 tbsp. l. sugar and place on a burning stove. When the smoke appears, fold the newspaper into a tube, place it above the smoke, hold the ear to the hole. The procedure should be at least 5 minutes. After its termination, warm your ear.
Herbal treatment is gradually gaining popularity in modern society. Not uncommon and homeopathic pharmacies. Each method of treating otitis in adults - homeopathy and herbal medicine - is considered quite safe. Nature is a storehouse of useful substances. Treat the disease with the help of herbs should be after a consultation with the doctor to prevent complications. What natural means to use:
- aconite - if there is a tingling and pain in the hearing;
- belladonna - with an average otitis, strong pulsating and tearing pains, buzzing, swelling near the ear;
- Pulsatilla - for recovery with a decrease in hearing, a sense of congestion in the ear canal, purulent and bloody discharge;
- at very strong pains - ferrum fostorika.
How to treat otitis in pregnant women
There are two important features that distinguish otitis treatment in pregnancy. The first is that the benefits to the body of the medicine must exceed the harm. Everything is done so that the fetus does not suffer. If the otitis media is severe and severe, antibiotics are prescribed. They should be chosen by the doctor in accordance with the timing and course of pregnancy. In time, untreated otitis results in perforation of the tympanic membrane. Catarrhal (exudative) otitis is treated easier - by blowing or pneumomassage, without perforating intervention.
For treatment of otitis in adults, local treatment is also prescribed. To do this, use turundochki, which are placed in the ear. Together with this device, a tampon moistened with the medicine is used. Please note that the drug was approved during pregnancy. Treatment prescribed by a doctor is allowed to be supplemented with folk remedies. Natural medicines will not only alleviate the symptoms, but will also benefit the body overall. Treatment of otitis during pregnancy should be approached with all responsibility.
Video: what to do when the ear hurts
Inflammation of the organs of the auditory system occurs frequently. Treatment is often effective and passes easily, but complications also arise. Everything depends on the place of origin and severity of the disease. Treat the infection in the hearing aid immediately so that severe complications do not appear. There are a lot of funds that can lead you to recovery. These are tablets, drops, ointments, decoctions, compresses. With a light otitis can help drop, if the case is more serious, you will have to take antibiotics. From the video below you will determine which means are best used in the complex.