Why lays the nose at night?
Sometimes a person lays his nose at night. What is it? The problem can be quite serious.
Causes of nasal congestion
It is necessary to remember, whether you were overcooled recently (zalozhennost a nose can serve as the indicator of catarrhal disease). In this case, it is necessary to take steps to fully warm the body, and you can take anti-cold medications.
It is possible to use tincture of Echinacea (for adults 10 drops each). It should be taken as much as possible in the warm form of infusions of herbs. A nose must be washed with brine. And if possible, use the aerolamp (use oils such as needles, orange, eucalyptus). The ether pairs have the effect of vasodilatation in the nasal passage.As a result, the nasal congestion will decrease and breathing will be facilitated at night. In addition to the properties of vasodilation, a couple of oils will serve as an antiseptic during the onset of the disease.
Very often pawns the nose due to allergies. The disease can be provoked by house colors: geranium, orchid, hydrangea. With their fragrance (very strong), they can provoke an allergic reaction. It is undesirable presence in the room during sleep colors of lilies, ferns (strenuously secrete carbon dioxide). Swelling of the nasal mucosa can cause lilacs, peonies (flowers that have a sugary smell).
Strangely enough, it's bad to breathe at night because of the pillow. It is the one on which the head is lying during sleep. If it is fountain pen, it is necessary to replace it. The reason is that in feathers there can be up to 30 species of various parasites.
Very often the nose is poorly breathing due to the presence of dust (the strongest allergen), so it is advisable to do a wet cleaning of open surfaces and floors before going to bed.
Inflammation of adenoids (glands) is also one of the possible causes of nasal congestion during the night. Adenoids make themselves felt not only with sore throat, but also with stuffy nose.Dry air in the dormitory can cause nasal congestion. Exit in this case in the mandatory airing of the room before bed (at any time of the year). You should also try to moisten the air with special tools. Well, if the humidifier is not present, a heater with water is placed in front of the heater. Evaporation, water will moisten the air in the room.
The cause may be clamping of blood vessels. A serious problem that must be solved by specialists (as well as a diagnosis).
If for a long time there are certain difficulties with nose breathing at night, it is necessary to consult a specialist.Probably, the septum is bent (to establish such disease only the expert is capable). Usually, the disease occurs as a result of mechanical trauma. The consequences can appear in the form of curvature even after a few years. Treatment in this case can only be a surgical operation.
If the nose does not breathe well at night, the cause may be in the sinusitis. With the vertical position of the person, the mucous secretions flow down the back wall of the larynx, and when the head rests on the pillow, the mucus accumulates, and it becomes problematic to breathe through the nose. Genyantritis is treated only by qualified otolaryngologists, so for effective treatment it is necessary to contact a polyclinic.
Getting rid of nasal congestionIf as a result of a catarrhal disease there are difficulties with nose breathing during the night, apply a foot bath. A bath with hot water will increase the outflow of blood from the upper part of the body, which will reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Promotes the improvement of nasal breathing massage. Nasal bridge and nose wings are spread until the heat is clearly felt.
Rinsing of the nose is done by various solutions. In everyday life, the most elementary - a decoction of chamomile or a solution of sea salt.
It is possible to use the Kalanchoe juice. The squeezed out juice is digested a few drops at least 3 times a day. The duration of the procedure is about 4 days. It should be remembered that the Kalanchoe juice can cause a strong uncontrolled sneezing.
Another wonderful folk remedy is the root of the horse-radish. The grated root is laid on the fabric, wrapped (at least 4 layers) and superimposed on the sinuses of the nose. Keeps such a compress for 10 minutes. In this procedure, the eyes should be kept closed. The effect of compress root horseradish - the heating of the nasal passages, while horseradish is also good as a bactericidal agent.One of the effective methods of self-treatment is inhalation. But it is absolutely necessary to adhere to one condition. After the inhalation has been carried out, the outlet to fresh air is contraindicated.
The composition for the inhaler is as follows: in a liter of boiled water the tablet of Validol dissolves and a little bit of balsam is added with an asterisk (at the tip of the knife).
The above cases of nasal lodging at night mainly refer to adults. And what about the little children?
Stuffy nose in the child
The first reason that causes nasal congestion in the baby is a common cold. At an early stage, she can no longer manifest anything in the child.
The next reason is allergic diseases. With allergies, in addition to nasal congestion, there may be no provoked sneezing, eyes turn red, and in some cases itchy skin can occur.Well, the smallest stuffiness can occur during the growth of teeth, or rather at the time of their cutting. Many babies in the period of the appearance of the teeth, as an addition, receive swelling of the nasal mucosa. This is a rather complex problem, and it is advisable on the part of parents to carefully monitor the state of the baby.
Why often the problem of nasal filling occurs at night? The fact is that in the vertical position all the discharge of the mucous drains along the back wall of the larynx, and the child practically does not experience any inconvenience. Well, at night, the secretions accumulate in the nasopharynx and make breathing difficult.
How to ease a baby's sleep?
It is recommended to wash the nose with saline before going to bed (you can "Aqua Maris"). The use of these agents is safe, does not cause allergic reactions. Practical harmlessness of these drugs makes it possible to apply them independently, without the appointment of a doctor, and for a long time.
You can use in the inhaler as saline solution, and mineral water (without gas) - this will moisturize the mucous membrane. That, in turn, will ensure for the child a quiet breathing through the nose.
In any case, improper breathing in the night sleep of a child, it is necessary to consult a doctor. First and foremost, the correct diagnosis must be made. Both the doctor and parents should understand why the child's state of health worsened. And such a disease as nasal congestion should be treated at the initial stage.
Independent treatment of the child in this case is contraindicated. After all, babies can not dig in "adult" medications, the basis of which - preparations for the narrowing of blood vessels..
http://www.youtube.com/watc? = g0QW65ZiKtg
Such drops can strongly affect blood pressure, and a child can just choke.
Nasal congestion is a very common disease that affects both adults and children. The disease, it would seem, does not do much harm. But it is necessary to treat it, and preferably quickly. The main thing is to pay attention in time to the appearance of symptoms and to see the doctor.
Lays his nose at night - what to do?Do you have a nose at night? Do you have difficulty breathing, sometimes you are choking and do not know what to think about it? In addition, the nose - lays, but does not have a cold? What to do? This article lists possible causes of this pathology, as well as the most common methods of treating night nasal congestion.
Causes of nasal congestion
There are many reasons why you can get a nose at night, and not only. Moreover, the sensations of nasal congestion are quite unpleasant - a man can not fully breathe, but at the same time he can not blow his nose too, because there is no slime in his nose. Why do some people periodically pawn their noses, and there is no rhinitis?
- The first symptom of cold disease - if in parallel with stuffy nose you feel a strong weakness, malaise, as well as a headache, then most likely, you will soon develop cold. At the first stages of the inflammatory process of the nasal mucosa, there is no rhinitis as such; there is only stuffiness of the nose. Why does it appear at night? Perhaps you go to rest in a room where the temperature is too low or you toss at night, revealing yourself. When the body freezes, it is often reflected in the form of a cold.
- Allergic reaction- this is the second most common cause, which explains the stuffiness of the nose. Moreover, you may have allergies to animals that live with you and possibly sleep in the same bed at night; on dust; on flowers and their pollen; on the feather pillow; on synthetic materials of night pajamas or bedding linen. Next time try to eliminate one of these factors during the night's sleep or even everything and check whether you have a nasal congestion or not?
- Crashes in the hormonal background- often during pregnancy, women fall asleep and wake up from stuffiness in the nose. As a rule, after the birth of a child, everything falls into place and the woman is no longer bothered by a complicated nasal breathing;
- Increased dryness of air, which bothers the person during the heating season. The cause can easily be eliminated if an air humidifier is additionally installed in the room;
- The use of vasodilator drugs for the nasal mucosa- if you have used medicinal sprays for a long time from the common cold with vasodilating action, then after them in 90% of clinical cases begins to get used. It is this that makes itself felt in the form of a stuffy nose at night;
- Unfavorable ecological situationin the place where you live - if your city has developed industry or you live in a huge metropolis, it is natural to forget about the purity of the air. In this case, you will only be helped by special medications that eliminate the stuffiness of the nose or the greening of the apartment. It is not superfluous to put room flowers in the room where you rest or spend the most time;
- Mechanical damage to the nasal septum, which prevents a person from fully breathing. Because of this, the constant sensation of a stuffy nose does not leave;
- Congenital curvature of nasal septum, which most people get during childbirth. What to do in this case? Without surgical intervention you can not do - you need to contact a doctor-otolaryngologist and specialist surgeon;
- Polyps in the nasal passage- this is the clinical picture that is growing gradually. Polyps can not disturb a person for many years. But when they reach the maximum size, it becomes difficult for a person to breathe and he suffocates at night. In this case, the polyps will need to be removed surgically.
Extremely dangerous is nasal congestion in newborns. In the first months of life, parents need to watch how their child sleeps and how he breathes at this moment.
Types of malaise
The type of ailment directly depends on the cause of nasal congestion. If a person has a so-called chronic nasal congestion, then this is the most unpleasant form of manifestation of pathology. The reasons for overnight zalozhennosti in this case - education in the form of polyps, congenital curvature of the nasal septum, a violation of the hormonal background, harmful ecology.
If you are choking at night, can your room not be sufficiently moistened? Before buying a special humidifier, try in the room to hang a few towels soaked in water, and also to put near the heating devices (if it is a question of a cold season) small capacities with water.
Nasal congestion treatment
Naturally, the first thing that an otolaryngologist will recommend to you is medical treatment of nasal congestion. If you do not have a cold, but suffers from stuffy nose, then without vasodilating drops in this case can not do. It can be drugs in the form of Tysin, Halazolin, Rhinorosa, Otritin, etc. It is desirable to choose Nasal drops with a natural composition, for example - with essential oils of rosemary, sage and tea tree.
Effectively work ointments from nasal congestion - proven by our grandmothers Zvezdochka, Dr. Mom, as well as Fleming's ointment.
If the nasal congestion is caused by a beginning cold, then you can not do without candies - Strepsils, Travisila, Doctors Mom, and also Sepptole.
For supporters of more natural treatment, inhalations are ideal. You can make them at home. To do this, buy in the pharmacy the grass of chamomile, sage or peppermint and brew according to the instructions in a small container. Then, cover your head with a towel and take a curative hot air for several minutes.
What to do with nasal congestion?
- To address to the doctor-otolaryngologist and the allergist;
- Find out the cause and start treatment;
- Eliminate all irritating factors (dry air, dust, animal hair, etc.);
- To pass preventive treatment of catarrhal diseases.
The problem of nasal congestion when there is no coldMost people are used to the fact that with cold they have a runny nose and nasal congestion, but with the emergence of a situation where nasal breathing is difficult, and there is no snoring, serious anxiety about the condition begins their health. Nasal congestion without a cold makes unpleasant, and even painful sensations, because in this state a person constantly experiences a headache.
The reasons for this state
All patients are interested in the question of why the nose lays its nostrils, because this phenomenon is considered abnormal and indicates the development of pathological processes in the body. Experts call a number of reasons for nasal congestion without a cold, which every person can face. Among the main ones, it is customary to include such factors:
- too dry air in the room;
- reaction to the use of certain drugs;
- allergic manifestations;
- hypothermia, dressing not according to the weather;
- impact on the body of colds and flu;
- alcohol abuse;
- nicotine dependence;
- adenoids and polyps in the nose.
If nasal congestion without snot is caused by these reasons, there is no reason for concern, it is enough only to eliminate these factors and normalize nasal breathing. However, the congestion of the nasopharynx can indicate the development of some serious diseases. For example, in the case where only one nostril is embedded and the snot is not present, alternately lays the right or left nasal passage, in most cases, the otolaryngologists place the diagnosis "vasomotorrhinitis". As you know, this disease is difficult to treat and can cause some complications in choosing the wrong tactics for performing therapeutic actions.With vasomotor rhinitis, there is such a symptomatology: instead of air circulation in the nasal cavity, there is tickling, there is a constant sneezing, a clear liquid is released from the nose, not typical for the usual coryza.
Some experts consider vasomotor rhinitis, in which the nose is heavily embedded, not as a disease of the nasopharynx, but only as a reaction of the body to aggressive environmental factors. With pollinosis, the nose also in most cases lays a nose without a cold, which is caused by the proliferation of polyps that cover the nasal passages.
What is dangerous nasopharynx obstruction?
Nasal congestion without a cold that worries a person for a long time can be very dangerous for his health, and even for life. The most common and dangerous complications of shortness of breath are such painful conditions:
- complete loss of smell, which can not always be restored;
- pressure on the head area, painful sensations;
- sinusitis and other inflammatory diseases of the paranasal sinuses;
In any case, in order to eliminate the problem associated with the fact that the nose is laid, and there is no rhinitis, it is necessary to take measures aimed at eliminating the root cause of this condition. In addition, it is important to understand that you can not take medication yourself. The choice of the drug should be carried out only by a specialist, because it is necessary to take into account the patient's age, the presence of allergic reactions, the individual tolerability of the components of the drug.
Treatment of congestionIf a person complains of a strong nasal congestion without a snot, while it does not develop a cold disease, it is worth to see a specialist for the appointment of treatment. Therapeutic actions are conducted depending on the causes of the problem. If, when examining the nasal cavity, the otolaryngologist discovered polyps or adenoids, they may need to be removed. In a short time after the operation, the patient will be able to perform normal nasal breathing.
When the allergic reaction of the body to certain allergens, which manifests as a stuffy nose without a cold, antiallergic agents are prescribed.
Sometimes it is not possible to determine the cause of such a process even for specialists, then they prescribe vasoconstrictors, which help to eliminate puffiness and restore normal breathing.
Application of cryotherapyWhen a person suffers from the fact that the nose is laid, and there is no snot, often such a method of treatment as cryotherapy is used.This technique is that certain zones of the nasopharyngeal mucosa are affected by applicators, with a temperature of -200 ° C. Under the influence of such a low temperature, the damaged nerve fibers are torn and further restored. After such a procedure, the vessels themselves are destroyed, because of which the nasal congestion has arisen.Deep freezing favorably affects the mucous membrane - the vessels narrow, and the air freely passes through the nasal passages. Cryotherapy can be performed many times, while it does not leave scars or atrophic ulcers after itself.
Other treatmentsTraditional medicine is also rich in means that are effective in combating the problem, when there is no rhinitis, and the nose pawns, so do not completely exclude them. Certainly you need to drink tea with raspberries, honey and linden, after which you need to go to bed. Also, before going to bed it is useful to soar your feet in hot water, you can with the addition of mustard, although if it is not allergic. With zalozhennosti will help such folk remedies:
- garlic juice;
- carrot juice;
- juice of aloe and calanchoe.
It is important to instill the juice in the nose, dilute it with water in the ratio:. If there is no allergy to honey, it can also be used to make drops in the nose. A good therapeutic effect on the nasopharynx is provided by aloe and calanchoe juice, they can be used together or separately. In addition to the fact that the Kalanchoe exerts a vasoconstrictive effect on the mucosa, after digging into the nasal passages of the juice of this plant, a person begins to actively sneeze, thoroughly cleaning the nose.
Some people also take mint candies, designed to treat a sore throat. They eliminate the stuffiness of the nose without a cold, but only for a short time, so they are not considered an effective remedy. Everyone should understand that some medications can bring both benefit and harm, so you should definitely give up self-treatment.
Why lays the nose at night
If the nose often pawns at night, this is a sign of a serious illness. It is important to identify the cause of this unpleasant phenomenon, otherwise it will persecute the person for a long time. The disease can move into a more serious stage.
Cold and allergies
If suddenly a nose has laid down at night, then it can be a sign of a cold. In this case, you need to remember if the body has been overcooled recently? With a positive response, you need to take a warming agent, it will help get rid of the stuffiness of the nose and prevent further development of the disease.
Also, such a symptom often accompanies an allergy. In this case, you should take an antiallergic agent. After this nasal congestion should no longer disturb. In addition, it is important to find and get rid of the allergen, otherwise drugs can not help, but will give a temporary effect.
Inflammation of the adenoid
In some cases, the cause of nasal congestion is inflammation of the adenoids. If they were not removed as children, they will often make themselves felt over time. However, it is not worth hurrying to remove them, because they are indicators of the fact that the human body works correctly. In this case, it is recommended to use drops for the nose, then the problem will quickly go away.
It is a frequent occurrence of nasal congestion that is considered the clamping of vessels. However, this is already a serious problem, it is necessary to consult a specialist without fail. Independently it can not be solved, the situation will only worsen. This should be remembered and try to visit the doctor more quickly.
If the room is dry air, then it can cause why the nose pawns at night. In this case, the problem is solved quite simply. So, before going to bed, the room should be ventilated, and it is recommended to do this at any time of the year. It is not superfluous to buy a humidifier, and if this is not affordable, you can put a glass of water around the battery. The liquid will quickly evaporate, thereby moistening the air.
Curvature of septum of nose
If the nose lays for a long time, the septum may be curved. In most cases this happens as a result of an injury. It can be corrected with the help of plastic surgery. You should make an appointment with a surgeon, take examinations and decide to have surgery.
Why a stuffy nose without a cold
Nasal congestion without a cold can become a real problem, the inability to breathe normally and the constant The lack of air provokes a headache, a chronic feeling of fatigue and a sharp decline working capacity. Many people mistakenly believe that if nasal congestion is not accompanied by abundant secretions or temperature and cough, it is not necessary to treat this condition and do not even guess the danger of such a disease.
Causes of nasal congestion without a cold
Such a condition as congestion without a cold sign indicates the presence of infection in the body, the disease of the upper respiratory tract or the development of an allergic reaction.
Treatment of pathology depends on the cause of its appearance, but in any case, nasal congestion must necessarily be eliminated, since a constant shortage of oxygen is extremely negatively affects the nervous system and the general state of the body, and chronic edema of the nasal mucosa can cause atrophy of its glands and a change in the normal structure tissue. If the runny nose was caused by infection in the nasal passages, the nasal congestion becomes the source internal infection and can easily lead to various complications: from genyantritis to pyelonephritis or myocarditis.
To determine what caused the nasal congestion without a cold, you need to see a specialist, recall all the circumstances surrounding the disease and note the presence of additional symptoms.
In adults and children older than 6-7 years, nasal congestion without other clinical manifestations, most often occurs against a background of untreated or untreated infection. The appearance of nasal congestion in this case was preceded by acute respiratory viral infection, influenza, angina or severe hypothermia.
Allergic rhinitis occurs in the case of hyperreactivity of the body and the effects of allergens on the nasal mucosa, such a runny nose has a certain periodicity, is not accompanied by other symptoms of catarrhal diseases and occurs in allergic patients of people. There are several varieties:
- year-round allergic rhinitis - if the nasal congestion does not pass for several months, there is a decrease in smell, worsening in the morning or after a nervous and physical overstrain, most likely, the cause of the pathology is an allergic reaction to house dust, pollen of plants or any other substance constantly present in life patient. Treatment of allergies should begin with visiting an allergist and identifying a possible allergen. At home, you can check the possibility of an allergic reaction with a simple remedy: give the patient an antihistamine, a clarinet tablet, suprastin or any other antiallergic drug, if his condition improves, then the cause of nasal congestion was in an allergic reaction organism.
- seasonal pollinosis - nasal congestion and other allergy symptoms appear at certain times of the year and are associated with flowering of grasses, trees and so on.
- Periodically occurring rhinitis - if the nasal congestion arises regularly, you need to carefully write down and analyze the patient's diet, his movements and contacts, this is the only way to determine what is associated with the appearance of allergic reactions.
Zalozhennost without a cold in childrenIn children, nasal congestion without a runny nose can develop due to complications of ordinary infectious rhinitis or due to anatomical features of the structure of the nasal passages.
Most often, in children of the first years of life, prolonged rhinitis or permanent nasal congestion occurs due to a curved nasal septum or an abnormal structure of the nasal concha.
To cure nasal congestion is necessary after determining the cause of the pathology, it is necessary to visit the therapist, ENT doctor and if necessary, an allergist.
Before visiting a doctor, you can use vasoconstrictor drugs, inhalations and traditional medicine methods that help get rid of swelling and inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- Rinsing the nose is one of the most effective and safe methods that help with any runny nose. The introduction of solutions of antiseptics or anti-inflammatory drugs in the nasal cavity helps to "wash" pathogenic microorganisms, clean the nasal passages and reduce puffiness. For washing, you can use saline solution, a weak solution of iodine or a decoction of chamomile and other medicinal herbs.
- Inhalations - warm steam, with the useful substances dissolved in it, provides heating of the nasal passages, helps to destroy microbes and to reduce edema. For inhalations at home, you can use decoctions of medicinal herbs, dissolve in hot water a few drops of essential oils or just breathe over warm steam. For treatment of the common cold it is recommended to carry out the procedure at least 4-6 times a day, for 5-10 minutes.
- Drops in the nose - vasoconstricting drops and sprays will not help cure the rhinitis, but can be very effective when you need to quickly get rid of his symptoms. Any drops from the common cold: naphthyzine, For nose, sanorin, pinosol and so on, can not be used for longer than 3 consecutive days and no more than a few times (3-4) per day. Also in the nose can be instilled diluted juice of beets or carrots - 1-2 drops in each nostril, but this method is sufficient painful and at a high concentration of juice easily burn the mucous membrane, so it is not recommended for use in children before 10-12 years.
- Get rid of the cold with the help of onions, garlic or horseradish - all these plants, together or separately, you need to chop and breathe evaporation, despite the unpleasant odor, pain in the eyes and other consequences of such treatment, this method is considered one of the most popular in folk medicine.
Even the most effective methods of self-treatment can not guarantee a 100% cure for the common cold, besides, the vast majority of patients, getting rid of the clinical manifestations of the disease, they stop to be treated without thinking about the risk of complications or the chronization of the process, any disease should be treated by specialists and the stuffiness of the nose without a cold is not an exception.