Cough syrup for children up to a year, which is better to choose?Cough in infants indicates that an irritant is excreted from its body. It is easier for an adult to clear his throat, withdraw phlegm, infants because of the fact that he does not fully developed bronchi, it is quite difficult to do this, so a large amount of sputum is formed, which the child can not to cough out. To choose a syrup for a child of up to a year you need to be extremely careful not to harm the child even more. Therefore, it is important to consult with the therapist on time in this regard.
Features of cough in children under one year old
Small children have a paroxysmal cough that ends with vomiting, if you do not treat ARVI in time, cold, the child will lose weight and various useful substances will be released from his body. Due to the fact that sputum accumulates in the bronchi, serious pathological processes in the organs may occur.
Syrup for babies and used to dilute sputum, get rid of cough reflex. Children are advised to give syrup, because it is sweet, pleasant to the taste, they will swallow it. Tablets are not always they can swallow, and this is dangerous for their health, so as not to choke.
Types of cough syrup for a child
Effective syrup with plantain, with the help of it you can reduce the viscosity of phlegm, withdraw it from the bronchi. Herbion syrup contains mallow, plantain. Dr. Thiess contains mint oil, plantain. There is ivy in the Propana. You can also use it for children up to the year Ambrobene, Ambroxol. With the help of them you can cure a productive cough, if it is strongly dry you need to use Lazolvan, it includes ambroxol.
A safe cough syrup for small children is Eucabal, with the help of it you can stop the inflammatory process in the respiratory tract. Dr. Mom is also often prescribed by therapists for the treatment of cough.
Recommendations for the use of syrup for children under one year of age
1. If the child has a dry cough, you need to give a syrup, with which you can thin the sputum, suppress the cough reflex. This syrup is called antitussive.
2. Independently the syrup to the child is forbidden to give up to a year, it is necessary first that the doctor completely examined the child, listened, then wrote out the necessary syrup.
3. A cough syrup for babies may contain one or more components. You need to choose safe. If you have a child with an allergy, it is better to refuse the syrup, it can cause diathesis.
4. The best syrup is the one containing the plantain, with the help of it it is possible to reduce the viscosity of phlegm, it will begin to leave the area of the bronchi more quickly.
5. Productive cough in a small child is treated with the help of Herbion, Doctor Tays, Prospa. Dry treated with Lazolvanom.
6. Inflammatory process in the respiratory tract in a child will help stop the syrup Eucabal, Dr. Mom.
Benefits of syrups on herbs for children under one year
Plant medicines are not as harmful as those containing a large number of chemical elements. Particularly prized is the syrup Bronchicum, it contains primrose, thyme. Herbs can envelop the mucous membrane, the throat is not so pershit, the cough disappears, it removes inflammation. Due to the fact that Bronhicum contains thyme, it is used to combat pathogenic microorganisms. In the primrose contains a large amount of vitamin C, so you can dilute sputum and withdraw it from the respiratory system.
The drug Bronchicum is allowed after six months, the syrup has a pleasant taste, it practically has no side effect on the body. A vegetable syrup Stoptussin Fito is often used. It contains thyme, plantain, thyme, honey. Use a syrup carefully, because it can lead to a serious allergic reaction. Syrup has an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. You can only use after 11 months. With the help of his treat a wet cough.
Cough syrups up to one year with different throat diseases
1. With laryngitis, to stop the inflammatory process in the laryngeal region, get rid of perspiration, wheezing, swelling of ligaments, to cough up phlegm, you need to use herbal syrups.
2. When tracheitis, to remove the inflammatory process with the trachea, get rid of a dry, harsh, barking cough that often occurs at night use syrup Sinekod, the composition of the drug is citrate butamirate, with the help of it you can get rid of reflex of a cough. It can be used for small children, it does not affect the work of the stomach, intestines. It does not contain substances that can be addictive. With the help of Sinekoda, the child breathes easier, the bronchi expand. For infants, use special droplets instead of syrup.
3. With bronchitis, a child can behave very badly, he becomes listless, he has a nose, he is drowsy, then starts to worry about a dry cough that can only be wet with time. It is important to treat it when the first symptoms appear, so that a bacterial infection does not join, then antibiotics will be needed. Because of the chronic form, the bronchial walls can be exhausted, everything ends with asthma. In this situation, it is recommended to use syrup from cough Herbion, which includes plantain, it is effective and safe. With the help of it envelops the mucous membrane of the larynx, cough softens, so you can stop the inflammatory process, strengthen the immune system. When viscous green sputum appears when coughing, it is necessary to give the baby Gerbion, its composition includes primrose, thyme, levomenthol. Lazolvan will help to liquefy phlegm, it will quickly depart, and it also soothes the irritated mucous membrane.
So, a cough syrup for a child up to one year can be used, only you need to take into account all contraindications and side effects, so that it does not hurt your baby anymore. Before use, consult a doctor in advance.
What can I get from a child with a cough up to 1 year old
Child cough causes parents to have reasonable reasons for panic. Especially if it is a cough in an infant. Although cough is a protective mechanism of the body and created by nature to cleanse the bronchi, pharynx and trachea from getting into microbes, dust and burning, it also serves as a symptom of various diseases. Therefore, when it appears, you need to consult a pediatrician.Cough infants is not only a sign of the common cold, but also a symptom of many other painful conditions - allergies, disorders in the work of the heart and even helminthiases. When it occurs, you must urgently call a doctor, or go to the hospital. Self-medication can be dangerous for a child's life.
Safe cough medicine for children from 1 year old
Currently, there are a number of drugs for infants, which are most often prescribed by pediatricians. These are mucolytic agents that contribute to the dilution of phlegm in the lungs. These drugs include ambroxol. It is prescribed to infants in the form of a syrup and given in a reduced dose. The drug is effective in wet cough.
Lazolvan drug is usually used in the form of inhalation or syrup. Its action is similar to that of ambroxol.
Another drug sold at the pharmacy is the licorice root. This herbal medicine is produced in syrup and is one of the safest and yielding positive results, with minimal contraindications.
However, it should be remembered that the choice of medication, its dose and duration of treatment should be appointed by a competent physician.
Treatment of cough in infants with folk remedies
As an alternative to traditional medicine and its not always safe preparations, there are folk recipes based on centuries of experience and proven effective.
One of the recipes is a decoction of mother-and-stepmother and plantain. A dry mix of these herbs is sold in a pharmacy or prepared in advance. To prepare the decoction, you will need two tablespoons of a mixture of herbs in the proportion of 50/50. The herbs are poured with boiling water (liter) and allowed to stand for two hours. Do not take more than a third of the glass before meals three times a day.
The root of licorice in combination with the elephant and the marshmallow is also an excellent remedy. The roots of herbs are mixed in equal proportions, pre-chopped. One tablespoon of the mixture is poured with cooled boiled water (liter) and insisted for eight hours. The way of reception of broth - three times a day before meal on one third of a glass.
Eucalyptus oil has fortifying properties, cleans the respiratory tract and is very effective for inhalations, rubbing and massage.
In addition to these funds, it is recommended to bathe a small child in various herbal infusions and decoctions. Some of the best herbs for this are chamomile and thyme. They help to restore the fragile body of a young child and help strengthen its immunity.
Noticing that the child began to cough and consulted with a pediatrician, one can combine the achievements of modern medicine with folk remedies. But it is much better to take care of the prevention of diseases beforehand, because it is rightly said that the disease is easier to prevent than treat.
Cough syrup for the child 1year and 3 months !!
ibufen, without additives and dyes very well helps, have already tried!
let's say that the doctors prescribed, well, maybe not all at once, but alternating, and self-medication is best not to deal with
lazolvan baby syrup elecampane lincas I give all the syrups in 20 minutes. is obtained in 3 hours syrup. then in 3 hours again the same way. I still add a cough syrup or mucaltin to the syrups.
It is necessary to consult a pediatrician, because an allergy is possible, read here
liquorice root. only if there is no temperature!
Syrup is dangerous because it can cause the strongest allergic reaction. Watching what cough, you can do inhalation with soda or narzan, well, in extreme cases with Lazalvanom for sputum discharge. And since you can ripen the root of licorice and give 1/4 teaspoon, it does not hurt. Esche very well helps mukaltin or tablets from the cough cheapest.
For children under 5, expectorants are not prescribed. Most effective: inhalation of moistened air and warm drinking.
For a start, WHAT IS THE CASH? If wet, with hard-to-separate sputum, then you need to help her separate))) Lazolvan - mucolytic, try to do without chemistry to start! Age is small, pity the baby! Help with a moist cough syrup of althaea (mukoltin in tablets - this is the same alteyka, read the instructions!), Plantain, elecampane (!) Or another herb with the property OTKHARKIVAYUSHCHAYA.
And if a dry cough, then none of the above-read and written will not help, only worsen! !
But do not forget about the most important thing: if you breathe dry or even worse with dusty air, NO medications will help!!! Moisten the air in the room to 50-70%, a plentiful warm drink - THIS IS THE EFFECTIVE AND BEST MEDICINE!
The doctor listened to the child? Inspected it? Has appointed or nominated treatment proceeding from signs. How can we not seeing and not hearing the child advise syrup or drops. Not seriously somehow.
List of effective syrups for children's cough
Choosing the most effective and maximally natural cough syrup, many parents seem to be a priority. This opinion is a little erroneous, because the recovery of syrup affects only indirectly, and with the focus of infection another antiviral drug or antibiotic is fighting. Cough syrup will help to speed up liquefaction and sputum discharge from the bronchi and lungs, but with a particularly painful and dry cough it is due to the syrup that the most painful symptom is removed. That is why it is worthwhile to seriously and responsibly approach the choice of a suitable drug and not engage in self-medication. Cough syrups for children list can be seen by reading the article below.
How to use a cough syrup during pregnancy Dr. Mom, is indicated in this article.
The medicinal form of the syrup is very convenient, because the mixture is ready and it remains only to accurately measure the dose and give the child. A great advantage of syrup will be a pleasant taste, children are usually very willing to take this medicine and even ask for supplements. Along with this, there are also shortcomings, which these medicines also have. More details can be classified as follows.
Pros and cons of syrups
||A doctor's consultation is required to determine the causes of cough.|
|A wide range of pharmacy products.||Difficulty in choosing the right drug.|
|Varied price range.||The cost of many syrups is artificially inflated by marketing techniques and advertising in the price.|
What syrup from an allergic cough for children is best used, is specified in the article.
This list can be continued indefinitely, the main thing is that every parent should understand the basic theses himself and do not trust the blindly advertised drug that helps the TV hero win-win. Before buying a suitable drug, it is necessary to find out the cause of the cough, and only then to choose a remedy that can contribute to the treatment of this disease.
The video tells about the causes of cough and ways to treat it:
Causes and possible treatment
Coughing is not an independent disease, but simply a symptom that is caused by a number of reasons. Correct diagnosis is already half the journey on the way to a speedy recovery. Sometimes, in order to defeat a cough, cough syrup can and should not be taken, it will be enough to change some environmental factors or resort to other procedures, such as inhalations or rubbing.
How to use and what is the dosage of the cough syrup Erespal for children, you can find out by reading this article.
By its nature, a cough can be:
- Allergic: in this case, conventional means will be powerless, should be removed if possible allergen and take special antihistamines, which can also be in the form of syrups.
- Drycaused by a bacterial or viral infection. Dry cough can manifest itself at the very beginning of the disease and it should be treated only if it does not go into the "wet" stage itself. To do this, use antitussive drugs that stimulate the formation of mucous secretions. The more and more sputum is secreted and coughing up, the faster the organism will cope with the disease.
- Wetcough suggests that the process of recovery is progressing naturally and the main task is to create optimal conditions for an early correction. Syrup from a wet cough will ensure maximum excretion of sputum, but if you take antitussive drugs, you can aggravate the situation. In this case, a large sputum discharge will lead to serious problems with mild and complications of the disease.
- Cough can be caused by a specific disease -pertussis.
What is the price of the cough syrup Dr. Mom, you can find out from this article.
Apparently, there can be several options, and this, if not yet go deep into the medical jungle and not classify possible catarrhal diseases. Causes may be caused by parasites, as well as by strong dustiness of premises, for example, at work. Dry air can also provoke periodic attacks of cough, so it is so important to maintain a comfortable level of humidity, especially if the family has small children.
There are many variants of cough syrups in pharmacies, they all differ in composition and principle of action, so it is rather difficult to classify these drugs. If the characteristics take into account the price category, it will be a little easier to decide on the choice. But the principle of choice remains the same: all medicines must be prescribed by a doctor, because sometimes even a similar drug may not cope with the cause of the cough due to a slightly different principle actions.
What is the price of syrup from a dry cough Herbion, you can find out by reading this article.
- Propane - a product of plant origin, can be used to treat children from birth, the price is from 708 rubles per bottle 200 ml, homeopathic remedy.
- Herbion plantain for dry cough, the cost of 221 rubles, 150 ml.
- Herbion primrose for a wet cough, the cost is from 223 rubles, 150 ml.
- Dr. Tys syrup with plantain: price 187 rubles per 100 ml.
- Doctor Mom on herbs, the cost is from 145 rubles, 100 ml.
- Gedelix syrup, can be used for children up to a year old, contains exclusively natural ingredients. The price is 352 rubles per 100 ml. Quite cheap in the ratio of price and quality.
- Stoppussin phyto - a collection of natural herbal extracts, 100 ml costs only 186 rubles.
- Tussamag 200 ml for 206 rubles.
- Phytolor is a two-component preparation, the cost per 100 ml is 121 rubles.
What price of cough syrup Stodal, you can learn from this article.
Optimally affect the cough of different types of syrups with a combined effect. Usually they are at least two-component, so they have such an effect on the causes and symptoms of coughing.
- Ambrobe, a good mucaltic effect is due to the active substance - ambroxol, 100 ml 124 rubles.
- Lazolvan analogue of an amber, but with a lower concentration of active ingredient, 100 ml can be bought for 266 rubles.
- Ambrohexal also has a similar effect, 100 ml of 112 rubles.
- Ascoril - a combination of bromhexine, salbutanol and guaifensin, is often used in the treatment of bronchial asthma. The cost is from 328 rubles for 200 ml.
- Bronchipret price of 295 rubles per 100 ml.
- Omnitus 200 ml of 158 rubles.
- Suprima Broncho a wide range of effects, 100 ml of 130 rubles.
- Travisil syrup, 100 ml - 180 rubles.
- FLUIFORT - an active substance carbocysteine, which has a strong mukaltic effect, the cost per 100 ml 289 rubles.
- Halixol - 100 ml, active substance ambroksol. The cost is about 470 rubles.
- Terasil D is a three-component preparation with an additional antihistamine effect. The cost is from 261 rubles per 100 ml.
- Erespal, active substance fenspiride, the price is from 244 rubles for 150 ml.
- Libexin Muko is in children's and adult dosage. The cost for 125 ml of a child's drug is 312 rubles, the adult - 349 rubles.
There are also special categories of medicines without sugar. They are designed primarily for people with diabetes, but they are also great for children, because usually the sugar substitutes are more useful for the developing organism.
How to properly use the cough syrup with laryngitis in children, you can find out by reading the article.
No added sugar
- Linkas, a special formula without sugar, 120 ml, cost - 181 rubles.
- Tussamag without sugar 175 g 222 rubles.
For children in the first year of life, a lot of cough syrups have also been created, but their use requires strict medical supervision, so do not risk the health of a little man and prescribe medication yourself or by advice friends.
What syrup with laryngitis in children to choose and use, is indicated in the article.
The most safe for treatment
- Prospan: can be used to treat children from birth, the price is from 708 rubles per bottle 200 ml.
- Linkas for children from six months, 90 ml 148 rubles.
- Eucabal is also applied from six months, 100 ml to 201 rubles.
- Sinecode can be used from two months, it helps from a dry cough of 200 ml of 318 rubles.
- Gedelix syrup, can be used for children up to a year old, exclusively natural ingredients, on herbs. The price is 352 rubles per 100 ml.
Many of us remember the taste from childhood: Soviet cough syrups cope with any disease faster and more efficiently. Most people now trust precisely proven recipes, so they buy inexpensive analogues of foreign preparations.
What syrup with a barking cough is most often chosen, is indicated in the article.
The most inexpensive "Soviet" cough syrups:
- Altea syrup, 125 ml - 45 rubles.
- Pertussin - a combined herbal preparation, 100 ml of 26 rubles.
- Syrup of licorice is an inexpensive and effective drug, 100 ml costs only 45 rubles.
- Broncholitin - 125 g. 85 rubles.
- Bromhexine is a good help to get phlegm, the price is about 124 rubles per 100 ml.
What syrup from barking cough in children is the most effective, indicated in the article.
Apparently, the choice is really huge and constantly updated with all new drugs. Most of them already have analogs, some are absolutely unique. An integrated approach in the treatment of cough will be a reliable and responsible decision, in which there is no place for thoughtless "self-activity". Do not abuse and prescribe yourself and children drugs on the advice of friends or by choosing at random from the pharmacy showcase.Cough syrups are also medicament preparations and contain many active ingredients in the formulation.If they diagnose the disease incorrectly, they will not bring anything but harm.