How correctly to treat barking cough in the child?
When starting treatment, remember that only a doctor can correctly advise how to treat a barking cough in a child.
General characteristics of barking cough in children
Cough barking in children can be caused by all kinds of colds, infections, viruses and even become a consequence of an allergic reaction.There are several diseases that can be accompanied by barking cough:
- pharyngitis and laryngitis - diseases that affect the mucous membrane of the throat and are accompanied by an inflammatory process;
- acute stenosing laryngotracheitis, also known as OSLT or false cereal, is an infectious disease that is accompanied by swelling of the throat and disruption of the ligament;
- SARS, influenza;
- adenoviruses and respiratory diseases;
- whooping cough and diphtheria.
In any of the above cases, it is necessary to perform timely diagnostics and begin treatment, in order to save the child from coughing. Dry barking cough complicates breathing, in most cases, children "suffocate".
Development barking cough: the initial stage of the disease
Barking cough can develop in children from 4 months, only in some cases the disease affects the child at a later age.
The appearance of dry barking cough generally signals respiratory diseases, parainfluenza or adenoviruses.Literally a few days after infection, the laryngeal edema, inflammation of the vocal cords and trachea, an increase in the mucus to be separated in the throat area appears in the body. The danger is that in young children the trachea is much narrower than in adults, therefore, swelling occurs almost instantaneously and almost completely blocks the laryngeal lumen. As a result, air does not enter the body, and the child may suffocate.
Disturbing symptoms in a child:
- barking cough;
- increased body temperature;
- pale complexion, loss of appetite, lethargy;
- suffocating night cough.
If you have these signs of the disease, you should immediately call for a specialized medical because together these symptoms indicate that the health of the child in a large danger. Perhaps the child needs urgent hospitalization. Do not self-medicate, especially in cases where children are prone to allergic reactions. The baby can develop an allergy to one of the medicines, and this will only worsen the situation.
The specialist will give a small patient a general blood test, perform a full examination of the larynx, listen to the bronchi and lungs, and send for an X-ray.
Treatment of barking cough in a childAt the first appearance of a barking coughing, choking, and shortness of breath in a child, it is necessary to calm the baby, because with a strong fright he begins to cough even more and the situation becomes more complicated. The ideal option is to take the baby in your arms, sing your favorite song or shake, perhaps give a toy. If it's a child of the older age group, you can turn on your favorite cartoon or film.
Then, before going to a medical institution, you can perform steam inhalations. To do this, you need to take a pot of boiling water, you can add chamomile or mint, sprinkle a little soda, pour in the sunflower oil, wait until it boils, remove from the plate and sit the baby next. The essence of the technique is that the child must breathe in useful evaporation. It is also possible to bring the bathroom in the steam preheated steam for 5-7 minutes. This is done so that the steam softens the cough and a small lumen is formed in the larynx.
It is necessary to know that for today inhalations are considered the simplest method to help a child with barking cough. If the house has a special inhaler, an excellent option will be inhalation with mineral water or with the addition of eucalyptus. However, you can add only those herbs and dues that have already been tested for allergic manifestations.
In addition to softening the cough itself as a symptom, it is necessary to give your child antihistamines such as Claritin or Suprastin, Kestin or Zirtek to drink. All medications should be used solely in accordance with the instructions. If the child is very small, from one year to three years, you can give antihistamines in the form of a syrup.It is absolutely necessary to ventilate the room and create a favorable atmosphere for the child, thereby ensuring the intake of fresh air. The best option is to install in the room, where the diseased baby, a special humidifier.
Drink only a warm (not hot) liquid, preferably milk or water, tea.Juices are not recommended, especially packaged. A child suffering from acute respiratory illnesses loses a lot of fluid (temperature, sweat), and at such a moment it is impossible to tolerate dehydration of the body.
Late treatment of a barking cough in a child can lead to the development of a false groin that threatens in the future with acute stenosis of the larynx and suffocation.
After the child is calm and the cough is slightly calmed, remove all the shy clothes from the baby, for example: knee socks, sweater, or unzip the throat and chest.
If a barking cough in a child is accompanied by a high fever, it is worth taking care to give it antipyretic drugs in a strictly calculated dosage, which corresponds to the age of the child and his weight.
Additional ActivitiesIn addition to all the above procedures, it is necessary to conduct all kinds of warm-up activities. For example, you can warm up the feet and calf's calves with mustard or mustard powder, make a warm foot bath and massage with cream, put on warm socks. Such procedures will significantly increase the level of blood flow to the lower extremities and ensure the outflow of blood from the throat.
But it is necessary to understand that warming foot baths are allowed only when the child does not have a high temperature, otherwise it can contribute to an even greater increase. Categorically it is not recommended to use breast warming sprays in the form of ointments and creams, since their components may be allergic, which will significantly exacerbate the situation.
In the event that a child suffers a suffocating cough, do not use aerosol medications, especially if they are not prescribed by a doctor.
Only a specialist knows how to treat a barking cough in a child. Virtually all asthma agents in aerosol tubes contain a significant percentage of hormonal components, the use of which can be regulated exclusively by a doctor..
When barking coughing in the baby is accompanied by a noisy breath and there is a retraction of the jugular fossa, it is necessary to urgently call an ambulance and do not stop doing steam inhalations. In some cases, the specialist appoints instead of inhalation drugs such as Pulmicort or Benacort, which stimulate the expectorant process.
To do this, you can use the following similar tools: Dr. Mom, Gerbion, Lazolvan, Gedelix, Ambrobe, Mukaltin and many others that are available in almost every pharmacy.
It is important to understand that with a dry barking cough it is necessary to take all available measures in order for it to become wet. Thus, viruses and toxins are eliminated from the body..
In addition to the use of medicines, it is worth reviewing the diet, for example: use as much as possible more fruits and vegetables and all that can be needed to maintain or strengthen the body's immune system child.
What is barking cough and what to treat it
Quite often, both adults and children get sick. A common symptom is the presence of a cough. It can be dry, barking or wet. What is barking coughing? What if he appeared?
If a person can not clear his throat, it is difficult for him to breathe, hoarseness appears, which means that a barking cough has appeared. Also, the cough can be dry and may develop seizures.If the child is not 3 years old, then this disease is quite dangerous, as the pathological process develops. The occurrence of this type of cough suggests that in the body can occur such diseases as whooping cough, false cereal, diphtheria. Therefore, do not delay, you need to call a doctor.
For what reason the dry cough does not clear, you can learn from this article.
If bacteria or viruses enter the respiratory tract, inflammation and severe swelling of the receptors. Barking cough irritates the mucous membrane, vocal cords, depletes the patient's body.Therefore, to postpone the beginning of treatment is not necessary. You need to start taking medications that can get the sputum removed. The reasons for the appearance of such a disease, as a cough, can be many.
Causes of appearance
- Viral infections - ARVI, influenza, reovirus, rhinovirus. Most often, these diseases are accompanied by an increase in temperature, and it can rise to 40 or higher. There is a malaise, weakness, barking cough begins to appear and put pressure on the mucous membrane. As a result of a viral infection, a child usually hurts for several days, then improvements begin.
- Inflammation of the respiratory system - tracheitis, pharyngitis. As a result of these diseases cough appears usually immediately in the early days, everything will depend on how the disease will proceed. As with viral infections, you just need to wait a few days, and the disease will decline.
- False groats, laryngitis, tracheitis- the most common diseases. Very hard to bear by infants and young children. And this is due to the peculiarities of the structure of the respiratory system. The edema that occurs as a result can block the access of oxygen, as a result the child suffocates. Laryngotracheitis may appear due to adenovirus, parainfluenza. If the baby has hoarseness, barking cough, hoarseness, wheezing.
- Diphtheria and whooping cough- these types of diseases are now rare, and if they arise, they can be mistaken for an ordinary cold. Dry barking cough is almost not treatable by those usual methods that help in other cases. On tonsils there is a touch of dirty color.
- Allergy- a cough that is not accompanied by other symptoms, usually is a sign of asthma or bronchitis.
- Foreign body- children often swallow various small items that lead to coughing.
What causes cough without cold can be indicated in this article.
The video tells about how to treat dry barking cough:
The causes of appearance in adults
The most common cause, both in children and adults, is ARI.But it is worth noting that barking cough in adults appears much less often than in children.After all, the airways of an adult have wide passages. So, what are the causes of barking cough?
- acute laryngitis;
- swelling in the larynx;
- allergic processes.
Treatment with drugs
You should know that if the doctor recommends going to the hospital, then this should be done, especially when it comes to the child. Depending on what the reasons were, treatment is prescribed. The following drugs are prescribed for treatment:
- drugs that help expectoration;
If the cause of the cough is pharyngitis, then drugs are prescribed that will reduce the sensitivity of the larynx and have an antibacterial effect.
In the afternoon it is recommended to drink Decatalene, Vokar, and also use Ingalipt or similar preparations. At night it is better to drink Mukaltin or Sinekod. It is advisable to do inhalations with herbs.
How does a tracheal cough in a child look like in the article.
With tracheitis and bronchitis in the first 3 days you need to drink mucolytic drugs. They can be ATSTS, Bronholitin, Bromheksin. After 3 days you need to start expectorants like Gedelix, Dr. MOM. As soon as the sputum begins to recede, the medication should be stopped.
In whooping cough, rhinitis, sinusitis is effective such a drug as Erespal. It helps to relieve the symptoms of the disease.It should be noted that Erespal is the means that can not harm neither a pregnant woman, nor a child. Therefore, you can take it without fear. The drug syrup helps to cleanse the respiratory tract well.
If the allergy has caused a cough, then you need to take antihistamines. Of course, attention should be paid to the method of application. For a certain age, there are dosages. To antihistamine drugs include Zertek, Suprastin, Cetrin.
From this article you can learn how to treat acute bronchitis.
The video tells about the treatment of barking cough:
For what reason there is a runny nose without temperature in the child, is indicated here.
Than to treat a dry cough at the adult and what medicines to apply, it is possible to learn or find out here: http://prolor.ru/g/lechenie/lekarstva-ot-suxogo-kashlya-vzroslym.html
Treatment with folk remedies
- Inhalation- a long-known tool in the fight against colds, rough cough and runny nose. After the procedure, breathing is facilitated by removing excess fluid. If inhalation is necessary for children, then all conditions must be observed to prevent burns. Steam inhalation is the most common form. Now in the pharmacies are selling special respirators, which will help to keep the baby's skin in order, not allowing burns. In no case is it necessary to force a child to do the procedure, it is better to agree. Otherwise, the desired effect will not be achieved. If the child is very small, then you can put boiling water near the bed, and watch the baby until the water cools. Do not leave the child alone.
- Carrots are the simplest means for treating a barking cough.Carrots of medium size need to be washed, cleaned and rubbed on the smallest grater. The mixture should be mixed with hot milk, leave for 20 minutes. Infusion should be given to the child before bedtime. Do not strain. Remember that carrots are an allergen. Therefore, children with allergies should not give this infusion.
- Egg-based medicine. 1 cup of milk should be boiled, add 1 tbsp. l. butter and honey. After thoroughly mixing the mixture, add just a little soda and yolk, which must first be beaten. Note that the yolk needs to be added after removing the pot from the stove. The medicine should cool down, after that it can be taken 5 times a day for 1 tablespoon.Honey is an allergen. Therefore, do not give egg medicine to allergy sufferers.
- Onion solution- a safe tool for both children and adults. It is necessary to boil 1 liter of water and add 1 glass of sugar. Then you need to add 2 large bulbs with a peel. After reducing the heat, it takes about an hour to boil the solution. Then the onion should be removed or filtered infusion, now you can take it 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon.
- Onions plus garlic. The head of garlic and 2 onions should be poured with half a liter of milk. It is recommended to cook for 15 minutes. Now all that is in the pan, you need to grind, you can use a blender. 2 tablespoons should be added to the resulting puree. 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day will help to remove the symptoms of cough.
- Radish and sugar. Radish needs to be cleaned and cut into small pieces. Then, falling asleep very abundantly with sugar, you need to put in the oven and bake. The baking lasts for several hours. Then the liquid that forms as a result must be drained and taken for treatment.
- Plantain- syrup from these leaves will help in fighting barking cough. If the disease is delayed, then this remedy is the best for you. Collecting the leaves of plantain, you need to squeeze out the juice. ½ hours l. juice should be mixed with 2 tbsp. l. honey and pour half a glass of warm water. Take infusion should be 3 times a tablespoon until the cough does not go away.
- Pine shoots. They must be crushed and take 1 hour. l. Pouring it into a saucepan, you need to pour a glass of water and put it on the fire. Heat for 15 minutes, but do not allow boiling. After cooling the solution, it must be taken inside. Children need to drink a fourth of the glass 2 times a day. And adults can take a whole glass.
- Herbs. Taking for 1 h. l. thyme, inflorescences of lime and chamomile flowers, mix them. Bay for 15 minutes with a glass of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes. After the solution has cooled, add 1 spoonful of linden honey. Take a half ½ cup 3 times before the cough disappears completely.
- Elderberry flowers. Narva 25 grams of elderberry leaves, pour them 1 liter of boiling water. Leave the drug for 2 days. After the infusion, drain the water and separate the stems from the flowers. Next, you need to add 2 kg of sugar, you get a gruel. It needs to be heated, but it does not need to boil. Adding 4 hours. l. gently stir the mixture. Now you can pour the medicine over the jars. Keep the banks upside down. Take the drug by adding 2 hours. l. in tea, water. Gradually you will see the result: the phlegm will recede, the cough will go away.
How to cure a cough due to mucus in the nasopharynx is indicated in this article.
If there is temperature and hoarse voice
Cough may occur along with fever. Usually such processes occur after complications of acute respiratory viral infection and influenza.If taking mucolytics, expectorants does not give the desired results, then you need to start taking antibiotics. Even if there was a slight increase in temperature, then compresses, mustard plasters and heatings can not be done. Although they are very effective for treating cough in the absence of temperature. Applying compresses, you can only hurt the adult, and especially the child. Depending on what caused the temperature increase, and treatment is prescribed. In any case, only the doctor will be able to determine with precision the reason.
How does dry paroxysmal cough sound in a child, you can see in this article.
Barking cough for a child is quite a serious disease. Therefore, it is necessary at the first appearance to consult a specialist to prevent the hoarseness of suffocation.
What to treat dry barking cough in a child?Dry barking cough can be a symptom of a number of diseases. This is a false croup, and whooping cough and ARVI of various etiologies. As a rule, it occurs against the background of the laryngeal edema, a sharp increase in the mucous discharge in the vocal cords and trachea, an increase in temperature, a general malaise, a runny nose, an osseous voice. Given the seriousness of the situation, with the question of how to treat dry barking cough in a child, it is advisable to consult a specialist. The doctor will establish the cause, severity of the disease and, of course, prescribe the treatment.
We will discuss with you how to alleviate the condition of the baby and create all the conditions for a speedy recovery.
What should I do if my baby has a dry barking cough?
A single system of treatment of dry barking cough in a child does not exist. Depending on the etiology of the disease, the therapy may vary significantly. However, there are a number of measures that help to relieve the crumb of a vexing cough for at least a while:
- Wet, fresh and warm air in the room. By the way, if a child has started an attack of dry barking cough at night, you can take him to the bathroom to get some hot steam.
- Inhalations using mineral water.
- Appliques with mustard plasters. If you put mustard plasters or pound the warming ointment of the baby's calf, this will increase blood circulation in the legs and remove the outflow from the larynx region.
- If the child has a dry barking cough without temperature, we can assume that it is allergic. In this case, antihistamines will help the baby.
- An abundant warm drink will ease the baby's condition. It is also necessary to release the baby's chest from the crushing clothes.
Of course, with diseases of the upper respiratory tract, auxiliary measures are indispensable. Medical treatment in such cases is prescribed by a doctor, given the age and general condition of the baby.So, with pharyngitis, doctors prescribe medications that reduce the sensitivity of the larynx (Ingalipt, Decatilen, Vokar), as well as antitussive drugs (Mukaltin, Sinekod).
With bronchitis and tracheitis, mucolytics can not be avoided (Lazolvan, Ambroxol, Ambrobe, Bromhexin) and expectorants (licorice root, Gedelix, Dr. Mom).
Dry barking cough in a child without temperature is most often stopped with antihistamines (Suprastin, Claritin, Cetrin).
The dosage and consistency of medication is determined by the doctor.
What to treat barking cough in a child?Cough - the reaction of the body, manifested by a jerky exhalation, which provides removal from the respiratory tract of foreign bodies, sputum. The reflex regulation is performed by the local receptors, as well as by the cough center located in the brain. It is known that cough is of different types. So, distinguish productive (wet) and unproductive (dry) cough. The latter is often characterized by its duration, can be quite exhausting. Parents are often interested in the treatment of barking dry cough in a child, because you want so much to help the kid quickly cope with the problem.
Barker is usually called a dry and paroxysmal cough, leading to hoarseness of the voice, and also to wheezing. It can be a sign of various respiratory diseases, allergies and a number of other pathologies.How to help crumbs?
Having found such a symptom in a child, it is not necessary to wait for an independent disappearance of the problem. It is necessary to consult the doctor, and if the baby has shortness of breath, the skin turns pale, the whistles are heard on the inspiration, then it is necessary to call an ambulance.
It is worth mentioning the actions that parents can help in this situation:
- Do not panic by yourself and reassure the crumb;
- make sure that the clothes do not constrain the youngster;
- to give a warm, plentiful drink;
- air the room, moisten the air;
- take care of nutrition.
Treatment of barking cough in a child with medicines
It is known that you should not give a carapace medication without a doctor's recommendation. But it is useful for every mother to know how to treat a strong barking cough in a child in order to better navigate the situation.
It is necessary to give an antihistamine drug, it will help to remove the laryngeal edema. For example, it could be Cetrin, Tavegil.
If a bacterial infection is detected, antibiotics are mandatory. So, can be written out Augmentin, Ceftriaxone.
If the crumbs diagnosed tracheitis or bronchitis, then in the first three days are necessary mucolytic drugs (Lazolvan, Ambroxol), and then, when the cough goes into the wet, - expectorants (Gedelik, Root licorice).
With pharyngitis appoint drugs that have antibacterial properties, as well as capable of removing the sensitivity of the larynx to irritants, for example, Decatilene.At night appoint antitussive drugs, such as Sinekod or Kodelak Fito. Such drugs can be consumed only on the advice of a doctor.
Antitussives with antibiotics are used to treat whooping cough.
To treat a rough barking cough in a child, folk remedies can be used, but they should not be replaced by medication. So you can give the children a kalina with honey, jam from spruce cones, tea with ginger, broth of wild rose. Useful inhalation with herbs or mineral water.
Barking cough and temperature in the child, how to treat?Barking cough with high temperature is dangerous to health, because it does not protect the body, it does not help to remove mucus from organism, it can lead to serious complications, especially in the child, because they have a weakened respiratory musculature. Barking cough in a child is often dry, may result in nausea, vomiting, it is dangerous when due to it the child may suffocate because breathing stops, this happens in children who are sick whooping cough.
When coughing the airways can swell, because of this the lumen narrows. The child begins to suffocate, his breathing becomes heavier, the voice coarsens. The barking coughing attack is most often sudden, in this situation it is urgent to hospitalize the child.
The causes of barking cough and temperature in a child
1. Because of a cold, a viral infection.
2. Allergic reaction.
5. Acute laryngotracheitis stenosing type, because of the virus swollen larynx, vocal cords, the disease is most often provoked by adenovirus, influenza, parainfluenza, allergies.
6. Due to diphtheria, whooping cough, which are rare diseases, but proceed quite heavily. It is important to start treatment on time so that the child does not suffocate
Especially dangerous is coughing in children of the first year of life, it causes a severe inflammatory process, after swelling of the mucosa in the trachea. At some children, the larynx first swells, then there is a barking cough.
Note that a child who is not yet 5 years old has a narrow larynx, because of this, when it gets into it virus, it can swell, the larynx is blocked, the lungs are not filled with enough air, the baby can suffocating.
Symptoms accompanying barking cough
In addition to the fact that cough is coarse and dry, the body temperature can rise, the child loses voice. This cough produces an unpleasant whistle. Often there may be shortness of breath, in which the child pales face.
At night cough, there may be suffocation, so the child can often wake up, in this situation you need to consult a doctor if it becomes worse for the child, call an ambulance help.
It is dangerous to independently cough a child with an allergic. Watch the child's temperature. The doctor is obliged to listen to the bronchi, lungs, carefully look at the throat, often the heat is provoked by the inflammatory process in the throat.
The child will need to take laboratory tests of blood, undergo an x-ray. Barking cough can not be treated until the exact diagnosis is made, so it can only aggravate the disease.
Treatment of barking cough with child temperature
1. Ensure the child peace of mind, pay attention when the child begins to worry, coughing is only further aggravated, because the larynx starts to contract, the child suffocates. Do not allow the child to run, as severe dyspnea may appear.
2. Inhalation effectively helps, most suitable for barking cough steam. Use for them potatoes, chamomile, sage, you can have different sunflower oil, good for soda. After the mixture boils, you need to screw the fire, bring the child to the stove, he should breathe in pairs. Young children are advised to bring in a bath, which must be preheated with boiling water. When the air is warm and moist, the cough can soften, it becomes much easier to breathe.
3. To soften the cough it is possible with the help of expectorants of Herbion, Proppan, etc.
4. It is important when barking cough to give a child antihistamines - Loratidine, Suprastin, Tavegil, Tsetrin. To small children in syrup, and adults in tablets.
5. Undress the baby, so the temperature will fall faster and the baby will feel better breathing, clothes restrict his respiratory system.
6. The child should drink warm drinks, natural juice, milk, tea. Decoction of chamomile, linden, rose hips. With the help of warm drinking, you can withdraw excess sputum, warn your child against dehydration.
7. Ventilate the room, do not have dry air in it, moisten it. So barking cough will quickly pass.
8. In cases of high temperature, up to 3, do not shoot down, but you need to knock down above. To do this, use antipyretic drugs, carefully with them, they strongly affect the liver.
9. Barking cough can be cured by warming up procedures, they can be used then, if not temperatures, for this use mustard plasters, special ointments, cream. You can soak your feet in a warm bath with the addition of soda, mustard, if there is no allergy. So the blood will begin to flow to the legs, and the laryngeal edema will decrease.
In no case can you rub your back, the baby's chest, ointments contain essential oil, which can cause severe allergies, obstructive processes.
When a child begins to suffocate, one should not self-medicate, use asthma sprays. With the help of them you can remove symptoms, but they include different effective components - hormones that can be dangerous to the health of the child.
In a situation where you hear a child breathing noisily, you need to call an ambulance. The doctor may ascribe inhalation with Benacort, Pulimicort. Also, medicinal syrups, so that the sputum leaves faster - Lazolvan, Gedelix. Medicinal products of vegetable origin - Alteyka, Mukaltin.
When barking cough occurs due to laryngotracheitis, it is necessary to make it so that it becomes wet, so it will be possible to remove bacteria from the body faster. It is recommended to massage the baby's thorax, with back rubbing, breast.
Thus, a barking cough with a child's temperature is a dangerous symptom that needs to be treated immediately so that it does not worsen and the child does not suffocate. To do this, first find out the cause, then select a special course of therapy.
Barking cough: symptoms, causes, treatment
A cough that resembles a dog's barking by sound is quite common and can occur in both adults and children. The physiological cause of this reflex action lies in the partial overlap of air access (edema of the larynx), as a result of which the vocal cords contract. This process can occur for various reasons, but the end result is always the same - the appearance of barking cough. It is rather difficult to treat this symptom, since not always the cause of its appearance is colds.Barking cough can be different:
- Dry or with sputum secretion.
- Strong or weak.
- Rare or with prolonged bouts.
Regardless of this, one symptom remains identical - the reflex action by its sound very much resembles a dog barking. In a short time after the appearance of a strong cough, the throat begins to turn red and the hoarseness appears. That is why it is very important to begin the examination as soon as possible. This will eliminate the possibility of incorrect diagnosis and quickly identify the real reasons for its occurrence.
Barking cough: causes
In fact, for the appearance of a barking cough, it is necessary that there is compression of the vocal cords with a simultaneous partial overlap of the intake of air into the human respiratory system. If this is caused by cold or infectious diseases, then, as a rule, there is a runny nose, high fever, and the voice becomes hoarse. A completely different picture is observed in the case when it comes to allergies or asthma. In this case, barking cough manifests itself without temperature.
Factors affecting the appearance of reflex action:
- Cold or infectious diseases, including laryngitis. In the beginning, the ailment can be accompanied by a dry reflex action. The more often a person has desires to him, the more likely the appearance of laryngeal edema.
- Allergy to pollen, household dust, food, etc. In some people, it manifests itself not only by rashes on the skin. Dr. Komarovsky notes that in children, an allergic reaction to food is often accompanied by swelling of the larynx.
- Asthma, or rather one of its varieties, which doctors call "cough". Its main feature is the presence of a strong dry barking cough. He does not bring relief and may even be accompanied by suffocation. The face of a person begins to turn blue and if you do not allow the breather to inhale in time or another similar preparation, irreparable can happen.
- Tumors or cystic lesions in the larynx.
- Mechanical obstruction of the respiratory tract due to foreign objects entering them. If it is a question of children, it, more often, fine details of toys. In adults, in the frequency of cases, fish bones are in the lead. It is not recommended to perform independent extraction of foreign objects, as it is possible to damage the vocal cords.
- After walking on the street at very low temperatures. If breathing was present with the mouth, then in almost half the cases a barking cough may begin.
- Congenital pathologies.
- Pulmonary cystic fibrosis. In this case, barking cough in the first stages of the disease is dry. With the progression of the disease, it begins to be accompanied by the release of viscous purulent sputum.
Than to treat barking cough
In order to quickly and effectively get rid of this ailment, you first need to establish the cause of its occurrence. All activities carried out to alleviate a person's condition can be divided into the following categories:
- Reduction of edema with compresses.
- Reception of medications that facilitate sputum discharge.
- Direct surgical intervention.
- Reception of funds that stimulate the work of the human immune system.
Treatment of barking cough for allergies
First of all, it is necessary to determine which particular allergen is the cause of its appearance. Then you need to protect the person from his impact. After that, absorbent preparations are prescribed, for example, Polysorb. Of course, it is only one component of therapeutic measures. If there is a significant laryngeal edema that impedes breathing, then it is necessary to do compresses and make an injection of prednisalone.
Treatment of barking cough for infectious or colds
In this case, the laryngeal edema is caused by strong and often repetitive reflex actions. You need an abundant warm drink: herbal infusions (chamomile, dog rose), raspberry, red currant, green tea. Of drugs prescribe mucolytics, diluting sputum, for example ACC. To fight directly with the infection itself, antibiotics are prescribed.
Treatment of barking cough with asthma
Very often reflex action has a pronounced paroxysmal character at night, or immediately after awakening. Often such a state ends in a sensation of suffocation. If you do not provide timely assistance, a fatal outcome is possible. Therefore, a sick person must necessarily carry a medicine (inhaler) with him in order to have time to inhale it immediately after the onset of an attack. An ideal treatment option is inhalation nibulizer. Its use makes it possible to deliver medicinal substances by inhalation directly into the lungs and bronchi. This means that the tool begins to act much faster. The big plus of this device is that it can be used by both adults and children.
Treatment of barking cough for tumors or cystic lesions
Such diagnoses involve the implementation of direct surgical intervention to remove neoplasms. The removal of the expressed reflex action is performed with the help of preparations "deceiving" certain parts of the brain. They completely deafen the signals transmitted by the nerve endings to the cough center.
Treatment of barking cough with mechanical closure of the respiratory tract
A specialist is required to remove a foreign object from the larynx. Moreover, the foreign body can not be visually visually observed and in order to determine its location, special equipment may be required - ultrasound or X-ray. It must be remembered that some materials can not be seen in this way, for example, glass. If the soft tissues of the larynx are damaged, antibacterial aerosols, for example, Angilex, should be used.
Treatment of barking cough caused by inhalation of icy air
This is "the simplest case. For treatment it is necessary to provide a person with an abundant warm drink. Remove the inflammation will help inhalation nebulizer or you can use home devices for the procedure. As active ingredients, not only mucolytics, but other agents can be used:
- Hypertensive or physiological solutions.
- Antiallergic drugs.
- Essential oils.
- Weak-alkaline minerals (for example, Borjomi).