Cough after and during sleepWhen someone near you coughs, you involuntarily have a desire to hide behind. This is because since the time of the cold weather in Europe, this respiratory disorder in a person nearby, long before other visible symptoms, has indicated that the person is sick. And in order not to become impure, they tried not to breathe by themselves, they covered their faces with their hands or with their clothes. We all know that this is a protective reflex, which allows you to clear the lungs of what irritates the mucous and prevents breathing, and at the same time is a means of infecting with all sorts of infections.
Cough, in addition, was the first sign of many diseases. With a prolonged respiratory disorder or seizure caused by non-catarrhal diseases, it should be doubly cautious. Basically, this indicates the development of a more serious illness, and often can not even touch the problem with the respiratory tract. Therefore, if you hear that someone close to them at night strangles a cough, you should immediately pay attention to it. First of all, you need to determine its shape. Depending on it, you can more specifically identify the cause and fix the problem completely.
Cough before bed and during sleep
Since the causative agent of this disease is very much, it is necessary to determine what exactly is the cause of a particular problem. Pay attention to a lot, namely, existing diseases, objects in the bedroom, bedding and much more.
The main causes of coughing in a dream are:
- In adults, it can be a disease like asthma
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system also affect the occurrence of respiratory attacks.
- It may also be that this is just a reaction of irritation of the mucosa of the respiratory tract, caused by the ingestion of gastric juice on them due to a fixed horizontal position.
- In a dream, all processes begin to slow down, and the body can not effectively get rid of what causes a cough. Sputum in the respiratory tract dissolves slowly, accumulates and causes reflex spasms.
- Almost always, this disorder is caused by acute or chronic inflammation of the respiratory tract, or other respiratory diseases.
Cough after sleep - the main reasons
Causes of symptom development:
- Air is too cold or too dry. These factors contribute to irritation of the mucosa of the respiratory tract and thereby cause a strong cough after sleep.
- Physiological causes, such as improper position of the body during sleep, and excessive accumulation of mucus in the respiratory tract due to this.
- All sorts of viral infections that settle down and proliferate in the bronchi.
- Allergies to all kinds of substances and objects around you. A sign of this is a strong cough after sleep in the form of seizures, accompanied by characteristic allergic symptoms.
- Diseases of the respiratory tract (pertussis, bronchitis).
If the symptom is worried only at night, and other cold symptoms are not seen, it is most likely asthma. Reflex attacks in this disease are accompanied by hissing breaths and heaviness in the chest, as well as the difficulty of breathing in the air.
Coughing in a dream in children
Children's night cough has a couple of characteristics, due to not fully strengthened or weakened immunity, often unable to resist the simplest bacteria and viruses. The reasons for it may be:
- Foreign bodies that get into the airways in any way. The younger the child, the more likely it is that this can happen. Therefore, carefully choose toys for your baby and avoid small items.
- Unknown to you allergies to dust, the smell of plants, pets, chemical irritants, can also cause a cough in a dream. To determine the cause, it is best to contact an allergist.
- Constant contacts or living with people who smoke negatively affect the child's respiratory system and in the future may cause more serious abnormalities than a strong cough after sleep.
- Also in childhood, there is a great chance to develop a disease that is as dangerous to children as pertussis. Night cough is just one of the signs of this disease.
Treatment of cough in sleep
Before you begin to cure night cough, you need to identify the exact cause that causes it. Your doctor will help you in this. But while he will identify the diagnosis, you can take off and calm the reflex attacks.
There are different ways to cure or calm a night cough. Here are the most common of them:
- Hot drinks, such as herbal tea with honey, decoctions, warm milk with additives will soften the cough, help expectoration of the sputum and calm the irritated airways.
- Since the irritated mucosa of the airways suffers from air (hot / dry), it would be nice to have an air humidifier.
- All sorts of steam inhalations with the addition of medicinal oils and infusions have proved to be very good.
- There is a sufficient amount of pharmacological agents to help with coughing during sleep. It's enough just to consult a doctor and take the medicine before bed.
If a night cough excruciates a child, it's worth remembering that not all of the tools described above will help you. Since up to six months the child can not rub the breast and apply inhalation. Drugs that help cope with night cough, basically can be consumed only after the performance of 1 year, so there is not so much money. These are just a few previous measures to sleep. For example, slip the pillow under the baby so that the sputum does not accumulate so actively in the dream. Or change the position of the baby's body in a dream so that there will not be stagnation. Some people suggest using mustard plasters, but some doctors believe that this is a very controversial issue. In addition to the fact that for the child it will be very frightening and unpleasant, so they still can not be used at the temperature and irritations on the body.
If the cough lasts longer than you thought, and does not respond to treatment, then consult a doctor again. Do not ignore this serious symptom and do not start the disease. This is fraught with very serious consequences. Take care of your health and do not be ill.
Strong cough at nightOften catarrhal diseases lead to what disturbs a strong cough at night. Why it starts at night, the average person can not answer. But, he delivers a lot of trouble, does not give a normal rest, it gives discomfort. It can occur for many reasons. And they need to be eliminated. And for this purpose it is expedient to apply the correct methods of fighting this disease.
Strong cough in the baby at night
When a child is sick, each family member experiences his ailment very severely. The kid needs help. How to do it correctly can not be reliably said even by a pediatrician. Dozens of prescribed medicines do not have the proper effect and only aggravate the situation. A strong cough in a child disturbs him uneasily at night. He is nervous, crying, calling his parents. The child is sure that loving mom and dad will really help him. A few days later a similar condition, with proper treatment, will pass. But before, it is necessary to understand for what reason there was a strong cough in the child at night? The prerequisites for this can be several:
- a catarrhal disease leading to excessive mucus formation and poor separation at night due to small infantile activity of the child;
- sinusitis, pharyngitis or rhinitis in the course of which there is irritation of the mucous membrane by perspiration resulting in coughing;
- inflammation of adenoids;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- whooping cough, a strong cough in a child at night ends not only with increased sputum separation, but also with vomit;
To facilitate a strong cough in a child at night, it is necessary not only to properly treat it under the supervision of a specialist, but also to carry out appropriate preventive measures. The air in the children's room must be clean, moistened. A kid during the day is required to receive a sufficient or even increased amount of liquid. Before going to sleep, his nasal cavity should be properly treated with saline and prescribed nasal drops. Slime from the nasopharynx should not flow over the back wall of the larynx. Therefore, it is necessary to wash the nasal cavity. Then bury the nose with appropriate drops. Only proper cleansing of the nose will avoid getting excessive amounts of mucus in the nasopharynx.
In some cases, a strong cough in a child at night can be caused by the same antitussive syrups. Conceived, parents use them unnecessarily. As a result, prolonged and useless treatment is harmful to the health of the baby.
Strong cough at night in an adult
Wake up at night from severe attacks of cough is unpleasant. Many diseases are accompanied by the fact that there is a strong cough at night in an adult. And it is necessary to fight it with the same methods as treating the underlying disease that caused the cough. Often, night cough can occur as a result of the following diseases:
AsthmaAlong with a severe seizure and a large sputum, severe pain can occur in the chest and upper abdomen. Attacks lasting. Can last more than an hour.
Viral infectionIn the lying position, mucus is poorly excreted. Her stasis leads to a violation of breathing and is accompanied by a cough that contributes to her better separation.
BronchitisA strong cough at night in an adult is dry and frequent. Within a few days it becomes productive, but worries until the end of the disease.
Whooping coughCoughing attacks are more like barking. They are frequent and productive. Often during a fit of coughing, vomiting occurs. In complicated forms, convulsions may occur.
Diseases, for the reason there is a strong cough in the night at the adult set. They must be properly treated with the first symptoms. The sooner the treatment is started, the sooner it will be possible to get rid of severe attacks of cough.
Strong cough at night without fever
If a severe cough is disturbed at night without temperature, then most people do not pay attention to it for a while. And only when he becomes chronic, begin to sound the alarm. The condition does not improve and the problem can be solved without the intervention of a specialist already.
A strong cough at night without fever may result from:
- Allergic reaction to the stimulus. Often it appears through the fault of feather mites or chemical powders, which were used during washing.
- Smoking. Sputum is not excreted properly and accumulates in the lungs. As a result, a strong cough at night without fever.
- Heart failure. May be accompanied by light numbness of limbs and shortness of breath.
- Venereal diseases.
Often, for many diseases, just such a symptom is the first sign that signals the need for a survey.
At night, a severe dry cough
To leave unattended at night a strong dry cough is not necessary, especially if it has a permanent character. Despite the fact that he can have absolutely safe nature it is better to visit a doctor, take tests and determine for what reason this ailment appeared. In any case, it must be eliminated by the right methods and appropriate treatment.
A strong cough at night, what should I do?
The answer to this question is logical: "Do not delay". If this malaise has become a constant companion, it can indicate various diseases. A strong cough at night does not arise without cause and this cause needs to be eliminated.
No matter how much we would like to say that a strong cough at night arises by itself, unfortunately this is far from the truth. It is necessary to diagnose its nature and eliminate the causes of its appearance. In any case, excessive care of their health has not harmed anyone, but on the contrary helped to prevent negative consequences or to establish themselves in their absolute health.
Treatment of coughing attacks at night in an adult
Coughing is an arbitrary excretion of sputum or other foreign particles from the respiratory tract. Coughing attacks at night in an adult can occur as a result of a cold, allergy or smoking. They can be dry or productive, with excretion of sputum. Dry cough is most often accompanied by loss of voice and hoarseness. Such symptoms are in most cases caused by laryngitis - acute inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
Causes of laryngitis - a strong voice tension, hypothermia, any pollution or steam release into the air, smoking. Usually, these symptoms are accompanied by a slight inflammation of the larynx, and therapy is possible at home.But if suddenly the treatment will be protracted and the state of health will only worsen, then a doctor's consultation is urgently needed, since serious complications are possible.
Treatment of laryngitis
For successful therapy of laryngitis it is necessary:
- to ensure complete peace, not to talk even in a whisper;
- give up alcohol and smoking;
- Regularly use warm drinks made from herbs such as St. John's wort, lime blossom, chamomile, sage, gargle with soda or herbs;
- periodically apply a warm compress to the throat;
- carry out alkaline inhalation.
Cough in adults, which is accompanied by wheezing, is most often associated with bronchitis. If there are no other symptoms, then it means that one does not have to endure until other manifestations have appeared. Usually such breathing is not audible, but under heavy loads it becomes more noticeable. If other ailments occur, such as a temperature above 38 ° C, a runny nose, tracheitis or laryngitis, an acute bronchitis may develop. His treatment is much more complicated than the usual cough.
The following recommendations should be observed:
- abundant drinking;
- bed rest;
- refusal of any physical exertion.
If the health deteriorated within a few days, you should seek the help of a specialist.Coughing attacks at night in an adult can be after stagnant discharge from the bronchi. If the time is not treated, the disease can go to chronic bronchitis. In this case, you need to conduct a study of the chest. Based on the results, the doctor will prescribe the treatment.
Sizzling breath can also cause bronchial asthma, an attack of suffocation occurs during the course of the disease. In this case, you need to seek help from a specialist who will find out what the seizures are related to. It may be found that the patient is allergic, in this case the treatment should be individual.
But in any case, going to the doctor is mandatory, because the consequences of asthma can become deplorable. There are difficulties in breathing, pale face, sweat on the forehead. When the lips turn blue, urgent hospitalization is needed. A man needs help.
Usually people with asthma have an inhaler. It is important to put the patient on a chair and use the necessary medications once. If the condition does not improve, then repeat the procedure.
After that, release from the outer clothing, offer to tilt your head and lean on your hands, so it is easier for a person to suffer an attack. Before the ambulance arrives, it is important to follow the recommendations.
Coughing at night in adults delivers discomfort not only to the patient, but also to others. Especially if there is a new force, a sleepless night is secured.
But even a night cough can accompany much more serious problems, such as chest pain, drying of the larynx, constant perspiration.At night, a person is more difficult to tolerate the illness that accompanies a cough, because it is in a horizontal position.
The patient simply can not completely free his breath.
Only at night the body is not able to fully function fully, thereby sputum accumulates and the symptoms worsen. It should be remembered that the causes of night cough in adults and children can be a serious cause for concern.
Causes of a night cough:
- uncomfortable position of the body during sleep;
- increased or lowered air temperature in the room in which the person is located;
- acute bronchitis, chronic or mild;
- virus infection, flu, cold.
Folk remedies for treatment
To get rid of a pesky cough at night it is possible with the help of medicines or folk remedies. Any medications containing mucolytics will help to eliminate symptoms at the time. It is important to drink as much warm liquid as possible, and preferably milk with honey or soda. Periodically ventilate the room in which the patient is. Dry air will only aggravate the situation. Traditional medicine comes to the rescue when drugs do not help. Several tips for eliminating a night cough in an adult are suggested:
- Treatment with honey. You need to put a teaspoon of honey on the tongue and dissolve, the cough will not bother all night. Also at night you can drink a glass of milk with the addition of a teaspoon of honey and butter. This drink warms, if the room is cold, and softens the throat.
- You need to take a pinch of salt, hold it in your mouth for a while, and then swallow it. This old method has already helped many.
- Pine buds also help to avoid a strong night cough. 1 tablespoon of raw material is brewed with 1 glass of steep boiling water. If you have an attack, take a sip of the infusion, immediately you will feel relief.
- If you chew a leaf of a golden mustache during an attack of cough, then it eventually stops.
- Quickly to remove a strong cough in an adult can be with the help of nettle. Several sheets or a tablespoon of dry herbs brew 1 cup of boiling water.
- Infusion of valerian not only helps to get enough sleep, but also calms a strong cough. For 1 glass of water you need 20 drops of infusion. The agent is drunk in small sips.
- The black radish is cut in half, in one part the contents are removed with a spoon, several honey spoons are put there. The product closes for several hours. Over time, the medicine will infuse and will have healing properties. Black radish juice can be used to spread the area of the chest and back.
- Infusion of 1 tablespoon of sage and a glass of boiling water should be taken in small sips during a strong cough.
But with self-treatment, do not forget that if any complications arise, you should immediately consult a doctor..
The consequences can be severe (possibly the onset of pneumonia).
How to recognize pneumonia?
Recognize the ailment can be on the following grounds:
- sudden deterioration or improvement of the condition;
- pallor of the face;
- chest pain;
- increased body temperature;
- at a high temperature, medicines do not help;
- wheezing with tight ligaments or coughing.
With any symptoms, specialist help is required. The doctor should prescribe a treatment based on the severity of the patient's condition. In any case, the appointment of antibiotics and lower body temperature. Pneumonia does not need to be treated independently, especially to resort to folk medicine..
All of the above diseases are accompanied by a strong cough at night, which is hard to get rid of. As a result, the body does not rest. An organism in the period of any disease needs a healthy and strong sleep. Only at this time the body is restored and most of all gives in to treatment. In any case, it is worth remembering that only an expert can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment. Be healthy!
How to calm a cough before bedtime
just calm down with slightly hot milk, ideally - with soda (at the tip of a spoon), but you can with honey. But this is not a cure, namely, to calm the throat to fall asleep. Milk should not be warm and not hot, but slightly hot, so that you can drink, but do not get excited, but quietly.
Lobanov Sergey ^ _ ^
drink warm milk with honey
the inhaler is necessary
to breathe under a blanket, over boiled hot potatoes (in uniform)
rinsing, milk with honey... and go to the doctor tomorrow
Hot drink a little relieves spasms, especially if with raspberries. It would be very good to brew herbs: mother = and = stepmother, thyme, oregano. Drink hot - the effect is expectorant and cramps relieves
The attack of cough CODELAC will remove..., try to treat the cough with a decoction of Ledum, he only helped me.
Dry cough before bed and morning
can simple "pills for cough" help
And what about X-rays?
At me too such was, months 3 coughed, yes hoarseness, up to a dyspnea, lungs too pure were... and in the same way-as I wake up in the morning I cough, in the evening as a frog-cough, woke up in a fit of coughing at night and gasped for breath
To me have registered "Sinekod" (a syrup), on the same day as drank, at night slept normally, through 1.5 weeks all has passed or has taken place
Can from different cigarettes. Broncho-lythin, or even some kind of mixture, from a cough.
Maybe asthma!!! can even feather pillows... that's why in the evening and in the morning... try to abandon the feathers and change them to sinteponovye !!!
Tip 1: How to calm a dry cough
Dry cough at night is incredibly exhausting, because you can not fall asleep for a single minute. More often it is observed at the very beginning of the disease, then it changes to wet and does not pass at all. But this period needs somehow to be experienced. To ease the condition and calm the cough, you can use simple techniques.
You will need
- - alkaline mineral water;
- - milk and soda;
- - tea and honey;
- - drugs that stop coughing.
- The most important thing is the humidity in the room. Through the fault of dry air, the mucous membranes of the microbes dry out even more and a cough appears, which does not calm down at all. In the evening, hang wet towels in the room. The moisture will evaporate from them, and moisten the airways. If you have a humidifier, you can do nothing more.
- Alkaline mineral water softens the pharynx. Release the gases from the mineral water and drink before bedtime 100-200 ml of water. If you are coughing during the day, then drink small amounts of mineral water throughout the period of illness. And for a cough to become wetter and not so painful, use at least 3-4 liters of water a day.
- To remove an attack of dry cough will help hot tea with honey. Dilute 2 teaspoons of honey in a glass of tea and drink in small sips. Gradually you will become a little easier. Lie down on the bed and try to sleep. If you do not want to drink or make tea, just slowly suck the honey - this should help.
- Milk and soda - a good remedy to soothe dry cough, but, true, the taste leaves much to be desired. Preheat a glass of milk and add a little soda. If you overheat milk, then soda is simply extinguished and the effectiveness of the drink will decrease slightly. You can drink milk with soda several times a day. Focus on the condition and try to take off coughing attacks as soon as possible.
- If you do not get help from improvised drugs, consult a doctor about the advisability of taking cough suppressants. They, of course, are very harmful, since they affect the centers of the brain. They often contain codeine, from which there are too many side effects. You can take these funds no more than 2-3 days. Of the drugs you can advise "Kodelak "Terpinkod "Libexin" and the like. But better still try to avoid their intake and soften the dry cough.