Expectorants for cough for adults, for childrenCoughing can disturb adults, children. In modern pharmacology there is a large number of expectorants, with which you can get rid of different types of cough and withdraw phlegm. Each of the drugs has its effect on the body, if you do not control the reception, you may have problems with breathing, central nervous system, heart. Therefore, before consuming expectorant drugs, you should always consult a doctor.
Stimulation of expectoration with medication
This group acts on the epithelium of the respiratory organs, improves the motor activity of bronchioles. So the sputum can move from the lower part of the airway up, then it is withdrawn. With the help of expectorants, you can increase the excretory function of bronchial glands, so sputum will be released in large quantities, while it will not be viscous.
This group of drugs is prescribed for a damp cough, if you need to quickly withdraw phlegm in acute bronchitis, pneumonia, inflammatory process in the respiratory organs. The main components of expectorants are medicinal plants. Pharmacology offers different dosage forms - tablets, syrups, preparations on the basis of which broths and infusions are prepared, suspensions are especially popular.
Among adults and children, such expectorants are popular:
1. Medicine for cough, Tablets for cough, these products include a plant - thermopsys lanceolate.
2. Altemix, Alteika, Syrup from the root of the althea, this means includes the root of the althaea. Also, it is included in such a well-known drug as Mucaltin, you need to be very careful with it, often an overdose can cause nausea and severe vomiting. Especially dangerous is to give in large numbers to his children. The root of the marshmallow is included in various herbal breasts, perfectly combined with sage, licorice, pine buds, fruits of anise. To prepare the infusion, it is necessary to brew a tablespoon of herbs in a glass of boiling water, to insist for 30 minutes. Eat 100 ml after eating.
3. One of the best plant components is the licorice root. It is available in the form of powder, syrup or solution - "Thoracic Elixir it also includes anise oil, ammonia. Licorice can be found in the breast collection, except for it in its composition, the mother-and-stepmother, plantain.
4. As an expectorant is recommended to use anise in the form of drops, oils. Anis enters the breastfeed to prepare an infusion from him, you need to brew a tablespoon of a vegetable in a glass of boiling water. Drink three times a day for 100 ml. The best expectorant is "Bronchicum it is sold in the form of tea, in its composition contains fruits and butter.
5. Plantain is included in many expectorants, most often it is credited as a syrup Dr. Thyss, Herbion. To make this, you need to make a tablespoon of the plant in 200 ml of boiling water, insist 30 minutes.
6. The composition of many expectorants includes ivy, thyme. You can buy in a pharmacy in a packetized form, also in the form of drops Bronchiptret - drink three times a day 50 drops per adult. It is a part of syrup Prospan, Pertussin, Gedelix, Bronchostop.
7. The granules of Tussin, Gwaifenesin contain waste, cyanosis, elecampane, and oregano. Drink three times a day for an adult not more than 200 mg.
8. Combined effective expectorant is Dr. Mom, it includes aloe, ginger, elecampane, licorice, basil, turmeric. It can be drunk in the form of syrup, tablets, lozenges.
9. Syrup Pectoral in its composition has plantain, Senegu, thyme. The same plant components are included in the Stopptissin syrup.
10. Eucabal from cough has proved to be well, it includes oil of needles, eucalyptus, also thyme, plantain.
11. Adults recommend to use for expectoration Pectolvan, it has a rich composition, it contains soap, thyme, hyssop, root elecampane, cetrarium.
Preparations for liquefying sputum for adults and children
With the help of these drugs you can get rid of dry cough, they are often combined with expectorants. The main components that make up mucolytics are:
1. Acetylcysteine with the help of it can quickly dilute and bring out sputum, is the best stimulant for expectoration, stops the inflammatory process. It is a part of such mucolytic agents as ATSTS, Atsistein, Kofatsin, Fluimitsil.
2. Carbocysteine has the same effect as the previous component. He comes in such preparations as Fljuditik, Mukosol - they are all in the form of syrup, you can use it for children.
3. Bromhexine - stimulates the lungs. The drug is administered orally in the form of a syrup or tablets. Especially effective are drops, in addition to the main drug component, they contain anise, fennel.
4. Ambroxol has the same effect as the previous component, except that it dilutes sputum, fixes the work of the bronchi. It is part of Lazolvan, Flavameda, Ambrobene.
It is recommended to use syrup, teas, Milistan drops. An effective remedy is Bronchosan, besides the main component of bromhexine, the preparation contains anise, fennel, menthol, peppermint, eucalyptus.
Often, doctors prescribe drugs that depress cough, with the help of which they can withdraw phlegm, advise them to take with laryngitis, chronic inflammatory processes in the respiratory system. With oncology, analgesics are prescribed that depress the respiratory center.
So, expectorants can help cough. Independently you can not use these drugs, especially for children, they have a large number of side effects. Before use, you should carefully read all contraindications. Some drugs can cause a serious allergic reaction, so you need to take into account individual tolerance to different components.
List of inexpensive but effective cough medicines
Cough is a symptom of catarrhal disease, which causes a lot of trouble. Most people with the onset of colds suffer from coughing, working, resting, sleeping normally and eating becomes harder. Discomfort is not only delivered to the sick person, but to everyone around him. When choosing a remedy for coughing, you do not need to self-medicate, it is worthwhile to see a doctor for help and prescribing the drug. But, if you decide to choose a remedy on your own, remember that the medicine should be bought first depending on the type of cough: dry or wet. Here is a list of not only the most effective tools, but also affordable. Cough medicine is inexpensive and effective.What can be coughing to a child of 6 months is indicated in this article.
How to treat a cough and runny nose without fever in a pregnant woman is indicated in the article.
How to treat dry paroxysmal cough is indicated in this article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/suxoj-pristupoobraznyj.html
How to cure a cough from a baby without temperature, is indicated in this article.
In the absence of phlegm withdrawal cough is called dry. For its treatment, drugs are used:
- The Falimint.By properties similar to menthol. Causes a feeling of coolness and freshness in the mouth. Do not dry the mucous membranes, the effect and cessation of reflex cough is seen after the first application. It is available in the form of dragees for resorption, it can be given to a child, suitable for children from 5 years of age, contraindications, except for minor allergic reactions, does not. Price: 150 rubles.
- Libexin.Has a triple action, reducing the sensitivity of nerve endings, relaxing the bronchi and reducing the reaction to irritation. It is used for the treatment of severe dry cough, the effect is observed within four hours after administration. Produced in the form of tablets and syrup, not contraindicated to children, there are side effects (dizziness, allergy, fatigue). Price: 300 rubles.
- Kodelak.An antitussive agent of plant origin. Produced in various forms: tablets, syrups, elixirs. Has a combined effect, reduces excitability, increases the viscosity of phlegm with a damp cough, does not cause respiratory depression. It is not recommended to use a long term - the drug causes dependence. Children are appointed from 6 years. The price: 140 rubles.
- Herbion with plantain. Syrup has antitussive and antibacterial effect. Increases the amount of sputum, reduces its viscosity. Due to vitamin C increases immunity. The drug forms a protective film on the mucous membrane, reduces irritation, reduces inflammation. Suitable for children from 2 years. Has almost no contraindications. Price: 250 rubles.
- Haliksol.One of the most effective drugs, the effect comes after half an hour after use, dilutes sputum, reduces its viscosity, soothes the mucous membrane. Produced in the form of syrup, has a number of contraindications. It is forbidden in pregnancy and with gastrointestinal diseases. Children are appointed from 5 years. The price of the drug: 100 rubles.
- Lazolvan.It is prescribed for acute pneumonia, chronic sinusitis, acute bronchitis. The effect is observed after half an hour after administration, the effect lasts up to 10 hours. Cough is eased, sputum is diluted, respiratory tract irritation decreases. Produced in the form of tablets, syrup and solution for inhalation. Suitable for children over 6 years. Price: 150 rubles.
- Ambroghexal.The remedy is used for chronic and acute bronchial diseases, asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, laryngitis. Used in the treatment of complications after surgery, as well as to stimulate the fetus during pregnancy. It has well-pronounced properties, well-established in the market. The price: 70 rubles.
- Omnitus.Produced in the form of tablets and syrup. Reduces the inflammatory process, fights infections, relieves dry cough, positively affects the general condition of the body. Has a number of side effects, including. drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, stool disruption. Contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 6 years. The price of the drug: 90 rubles.
- Stoptussin.It is a combined remedy, has antitussive and mucolytic effect. It is used in the treatment of dry and unproductive cough, is made in the Czech Republic. Produced in the form of tablets, drops and syrup of vegetable origin. Price: 150 rubles.
- Lorraine.The product is suitable for combating dry cough, it is available in various forms: powder, capsules, tablets, suspension and solution. Eliminates the symptoms of ARI and colds, has antipyretic properties, suitable for children from 6 years. Side effects include increased blood pressure, dizziness, mild irritability. The price: 200 rubles.
What causes can be a night cough in an adult, indicated in the article.
Cough with sputum is called wet or productive. For its treatment, preparations with an expectorant effect are used:
- ATSTS.Liquefies phlegm, promotes the productivity of cough, relief comes in the first days of admission. Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It does not combine with paracetamol and other cough drugs. Not recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers. Price: 130 rubles.
- Doctor Mom.Means of plant origin fights with diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, relieves of the common cold, colds and bronchitis. Available in the form of lozenges, lozenges, syrups, tablets, ointments, roller pencils. Suitable for children from 2 years. The cost in pharmacies: 140 rubles.
- Broncholitin.It is very popular as a trustworthy tool. Suppresses the center of a cough, does not depress breathing, treats acute respiratory illnesses, displays phlegm, relieves the mucous membrane from swelling. Effective in childhood. Has only a few side effects: allergies, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate. The price: 55 rubles.
- Bromhexine.The agent is used for acute and chronic bronchial diseases with sputum of increased viscosity. The drug is well tolerated, prescribed from the age of 6, combined with antibiotics, contributing to their penetration into the bronchial secret. When treating, you need to consume more fluid, exclude driving and performing hazardous work. Price: 30 rubles.
- Ambroxol.Bulgarian preparation of expectorant anti-inflammatory effect. It is also used for the prevention of respiratory tract infections, it is available in the form of a syrup with a pleasant smell and raspberry taste. Helps in a short time cure cough, tracheitis, pneumonia, whooping cough and bronchitis. The price: 25 rubles.
- Mukaltin.A natural remedy fights with a wet cough, relieves viscous sputum, which prevents normal breathing. The effect of taking tablets is observed a couple of days after the start of the course. Contraindications: gastrointestinal diseases, allergies, diabetes mellitus. It is not addictive, children can be taken from the age of 12. Cost: 15 rubles.
- Ambrogen.The chemical preparation expectorant and diluting effect, facilitates the outflow of sputum from the bronchi, neutralizes the damaged molecules. The action is seen after only half an hour after taking, lasts about 10 hours. Produced in the form of capsules, syrups, tablets, solutions for inhalation and injection. Children are appointed from 2 years. The packing price: 105 rubles.
- Fluidite.It is used for acute diseases of the lower and upper respiratory tract, accompanied by viscous sputum. Poorly combined with other drugs, weakening their effect. Struggles with infections without clarifying their form and localization. Available for adults and children in the form of syrup, as well as in the form of granules for suspension. Price: 250 rubles.
- Herbion with primrose.The drug is made using plant material. A syrup is prescribed not only with a moist but also senile cough, when the lungs are not adequately supplied with blood. Improves the work of the adrenal glands, is a diaphoretic, expectorant, diuretic, strengthening agent. It facilitates breathing, removes inflammation of the mucous membrane. Children are appointed from 2 years. The price: 200 rubles.
- Gedelix.I have recommended myself as a means to combat productive cough in children. Has spasmolytic properties, removes sputum from the bronchi, relieves inflammation of the respiratory tract. Form release: syrup with mint extract, eucalyptus, menthol. Side effects usually do not appear, does not contain sugars and alcohol. Price: 150 rubles.
- Pertussin.One of the most inexpensive, but very effective tools in the fight against wet cough. Has an expectorant property, dilutes sputum, promotes its excretion. In the preparation of a substance of chemical and vegetable origin, incl. thyme. Children are appointed from the age of 3, during the reception it is necessary to dilute with water. The price: 15 rubles.
How does a cough of an asthmatic nature look like in this article.
What to do when a child's wheezing and coughing is indicated in the article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/svistyashhij-kashel-u-rebenka.html
Among the most effective drugs for dry and wet cough in the Russian market you can find inexpensive means. Before using it is necessary to consult with specialists, since cough is just a symptom of other diseases, it is necessary to fight first of all with the cause of coughing. Remember that timely diagnosis can save a person's life.
Expectorants for cough: the best folk recipes
Cough is the most frequent occurrence in colds, which is diagnosed in both adults and children. Cough can be an indicator of the stage of the disease, it also leads to serious complications right up to bronchial asthma. Therefore, the treatment of even an unobtrusive cough without the presence of other symptoms of catarrhal or inflammatory processes is extremely necessary.
You can use medicines - they are represented on the market quite a lot. But it is much more effective and safer to use folk remedies - many of them are approved by official medicine and possess rather powerful properties.
Types of coughDoctors differentiate wet and dry cough, the difference in which is the presence or absence of phlegm / mucus:
- dry cough- the patient complains of a paroxysmal cough, which irritatively affects the pharyngeal mucosa. Sputum / mucus in the bronchi and upper parts of the lungs are absent; But how quickly to cure a dry cough in a child, you can learn from this article.
- moist cough- with deep breathing, the patient is heard "gurgling" sounds in the chest, cough accompanied by the release of sputum / mucus. In some cases, sputum is too viscous and its output is significantly hampered. From this article you can find out what to do when a wet cough in a child does not pass.
By the nature of the current doctors distinguish between acute and chronic cough. In the first case, the syndrome begins suddenly, lasts no more than 21 days. Chronic cough is diagnosed if improvement is not observed for 15-20 days of full-fledged treatment.
Please note: dry cough always turns to wet, as soon as sputum begins to form. This process takes place just a couple of days after the onset of the disease. Therefore, cough treatment usually begins with the use of expectorants - this will help quickly get rid of the mucus in the bronchi, which provokes the development of the inflammatory process.
Drinking and compresses
A cocktail of milk with figs should be drunk during the day to achieve a strong expectorant effect
Traditional medicine as one of the most effective means for treating a cough treats milk - it is this product in combination with some components is able not only to alleviate the condition of the patient, but also to provide expectorant Effect.
Milk with figs.In the "cocktail" is used a dark purple fig, which must be taken in quantity of 1 piece, cut along and placed in a bowl with milk (500 ml). Prepared mixture put on a small fire (on a large there is a risk of burning), cook for no more than 10 minutes. Then cool milk with figs to the maximum possible hot state (so that the patient can take small sips) and drink during the day. How to use milk with onions and honey from cough is indicated in this article.
Milk with mineral water.An excellent expectorant - heated milk and mineral water, mixed in equal quantities.note: water for this recipe is taken only
- Milk with garlic.3 cloves of garlic grind and place in 500 ml of milk, heat, and then boil until the chopped denticles are completely soft. The broth is cooled, filtered and used on a tablespoon every hour.Important: before applying the milk-garlic "cocktail" you need to make sure that there is no allergic reaction to the plant and digestive disorders.
- Take 100 grams of dry licorice root, chop and pour 500 ml of water.
- The resulting mixture is brought to a boil, cook for 5 minutes (over low heat!) And insist 60-90 minutes (you can do it in a thermos bottle).
- Take a broth recommended for 1 tablespoon 4 times a day (every 4 hours during the day and make a break for the night).
What is the best medicine for asthmatic coughing is listed in the article.
than to cure a runny nose in a child of 2 years, is specified here in the article: http://prolor.ru/n/detskoe-zdorove/nasmork-u-rebenka-2-goda-kak-lechit.html
Pay attention: the received medicine will have strong enough bitter taste, therefore for improvement of taste it is possible to add in it sugar / honey / a lemon.
Another recipe proven by years and approved by the official medicine: black radish juice mixed with honey. Prepare this drug very easily - in any way, get the juice of black radish (it can be rubbed on grate and squeeze a lot or make a vegetable in the pit, put a teaspoon of honey and after 6-8 hours the medicine will be ready. Recommended dosage: 1 tablespoon three to four times a day.
A decoction of thyme is considered an effective cough and safe even for children
Thymus is common - this plant is most often used as a means of possessing anti-inflammatory properties, and very few people know that it also possesses an expectorant property!At the same time, thyme is considered an absolutely safe plant and can be used even for a therapeutic course for children of childhood.Brew it in the amount of 100 grams in 500 ml of water, like tea, insist and take small sips during the day (you need to drink all the volume obtained).
In addition, it is possible to use broths from multicomponent herbal remedies to ease the output of sputum - for example, mother-and-stepmother + oregano / anise + rosemary swamp and others.
Medicinal plants are convenient to use as ready-made syrups, for example, from moist cough, Herbion with primrose is very helpful.
CompressesAny compress consists of three layers:
- wet- a cloth soaked in a decoction / solution (cloth, gauze, handkerchief, towel);
- insulating- prevents leakage / leakage of liquid from the wet layer (polyethylene is used);
- insulating- Any warm covering (scarf, scarf, terry towel).
Important: compresses are categorically contraindicated in the acute period of the disease, at high temperature. Also this method of treatment is not suitable for children younger than 2 years. Do not apply compresses on the heart area and in areas where there are skin lesions or develop a dermatological disease.
To obtain the desired therapeutic effect, the following compresses can be used:
Honey compress significantly relieve the condition of the patient
- Boiled potatoes.The easiest way to warm up the thorax, provide sputum liquefaction - boil potatoes "in a uniform put it in a bag and stretch your hands. On the chest put a thin layer of any material (otherwise the patient is provided with a burn), put a bag of mashed potatoes and a warming layer on it.
- Honey.Apply honey to the upper chest, rubbing and rubbing it into the skin. From above lay parchment paper (polyethylene in that case will be inappropriate) and insulate. Such a compress should be on the patient for at least 2 hours, then excess honey is removed with a wet napkin.
- Alcoholic.Used vodka or diluted alcohol (proportion of 1 part of alcohol / 2 parts of water), the cloth is wetted in the resulting solution, it is applied to the breast and is insulated.
Both drink and compresses are very effective in the treatment of prolonged wet cough, but it is very important during this period to alleviate the condition of the patient - to relieve it of coughing attacks. And inhalations will help in this.
Recipes for inhalationsSuch a procedure can be carried out with the help of professional equipment - nebulizers are now absolutely available. But you can also use the old "grandfather" method - a teapot or dishes with a towel / blanket. Of the most famous recipes of folk medicine for inhalation can be identified:
- Herbal collection of mother-and-stepmother, common oregano and thyme- Mix 1 tablespoon of ingredients and pour 200 ml of boiling water.
- Soda water- it is enough to dissolve a small amount of baking soda in boiling water - the proportion should not exceed a tablespoon per glass of water (you can also use a soda solution for rinsing your throat).
- Saline solution- dissolve in a glass of hot water 30 grams of salt (ordinary stone).
Of course, you can take advantage of the steam from boiled potatoes - this method was cured even 100 years ago! But remember some rules of inhalation:
- the duration of the procedure should not exceed 10 minutes;
- breathing must be deep: inhalation through the mouth, exhalation through the nose;
- if the patient has hyperthermia (fever) - inhalations are contraindicated;
You need to breathe smoothly and calmly, otherwise you can provoke the appearance of bronchospasm.
Expectorants in pregnancyPregnancy - a condition in which the use of many drugs is prohibited - they can have a negative impact on the development of the future baby. But what to do with a cough - after all, even pregnant women are not insured against the disease?
- At first,you can take a decoction and / or licorice root syrup.But do not forget to consult a gynecologist - there may be development of undesirable consequences, including allergic reaction. Remember - during pregnancy, even the usual products can trigger the appearance of a severe allergic reaction.
- Secondly, inhalation will be absolutely safe for the future child, but very effective in the treatment of wet cough.
- Thirdly, no one forbids gargling - especially this method works when coughing, which irritates the pharynx / throat.
When pregnancy should be used with caution even grandmother's recipes for cough.
In this video about folk recipes from a cough the doctor will tell:
Folk remedies with expectorant action are really very effective and can be used in the treatment of adults and children. But before applying any of the above-mentioned method of therapy, you should get recommendations / permission from your doctor. And accurate diagnosis does not hurt - a simple cough can be a symptom of a serious enough pathology.
Expectorant against coughing
Cough, as a rule, indicates a complication of the disease. In this case, every effort should be made to get rid of the unpleasant symptom - to use both pharmaceuticals and to try the recipes of traditional medicine.
Cough can also be a consequence of a bad habit - smoking, and in this case, its treatment requires completely different approaches than in the treatment of bacterial or viral cough.
Best expectorant for cough
The most universal and effective expectorant against cough, caused either by smoking or a catarrhal disease, is the root of licorice.
Licorice root is an indispensable remedy for the lungs, as it irritates the receptors and helps to sputum. Also, licorice root has a powerful anti-inflammatory property - it calms irritation and helps immunity with new forces to resist the disease.
Licorice root can be used in three forms - in the form of tea (it is desirable at the same time to add to it oregano, thyme and root of the althea), in the form of inhalation (preferably carried out with a decoction of chamomile), and also chewing the dried roots.
Expectorant drugs for wet cough
Expectorants pharmaceutics with a wet cough are numerous. The most effective among them are syrups - they are more quickly absorbed into the blood, and therefore the effect can be felt already within half an hour. They are convenient because before going to bed, doctors advise not to take mucolytics due to provocation of cough, and so drugs in the form of tablets have to be taken long before sleep, and syrups, therefore, save time.
At the same time, during long-term treatment, medicines in the form of tablets are convenient - they can be taken with you and taken in any conditions.
Expectorant against cough in the form of syrup
Inexpensive, but effective cough syrup isPertusin. It has a plant composition, and therefore has practically no contraindications. Analog Pertusin - syrup of licorice root.
Antibacterial medication with expectorant action -Fluditik. This is an effective medicine that alleviates the symptoms of cough and quickly relieves it if bacteria are the cause.
LazolvanIs one of the most popular cough remedies. It exists in several forms, among which are tablets and syrup. This drug has a pronounced mucolytic effect, and therefore recommends its use if there is a pronounced wet cough. In the opposite case, it provokes attacks of suffocating cough.
Проспан- Another means of plant origin, which effectively cleanses the bronchi. Propane contains extracts of ivy, as well as ethanol, and is presented in two forms - soluble tablets and syrup.
Expectorant against cough in tablets
Ambroxol and Bromhexine- the most famous tablets from cough. Many modern products contain these substances, but have a different name, which is why their price is somewhat higher than that of Bromhexine and Ambroxol.
For example,Flavamed and Ambrobene- tablets that contain 30 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride.
Expectorants for coughing a smoker
To treat a cough that is caused by smoking, plant-based tablets are used. Their goal is to calm irritated mucous membranes, promote tissue regeneration, and improve immunity so that vulnerable organs (lungs) are not primarily affected during the cold.
For these purposes, suited and the root of licorice, and mint, and eucalyptus.
Plantain syrup can also restore the condition of the smoker - this plant promotes the regeneration of mucous membranes, which is why it is appreciated with dry cough. Plantain has not only anti-inflammatory and astringent properties, but also antimicrobial and expectorant.
Expectorants for wet cough: syrups for adults, list
Drugs for cough should be chosen based on the nature of the cough.
If the disease is accompanied by a dry, debilitating cough, expectorants should be prescribed.
Over the years, cough syrups for adults are popular.
Such a drug is pleasant to the taste, it is easy to dose, with proper application, the syrup can help to cough, as a manifestation:
Preparations for cough: particular application
With a wet cough, there is one feature - it can not be blocked. This type of cough is called productive. Treatment of a wet cough is aimed at the effective dilution of sputum. For this purpose, pills, candles, syrups and folk remedies are used that are aimed at:
- improving the production of bronchial mucus (secreto-drug),
- sputum evacuation and its dilution (mucolytic or secretolitic drugs),
Nowadays modern combined preparations are available. As a rule, their use is prescribed by a doctor within the framework of therapy. However, combined medicines can not be combined with antitussives.
Expectorant types of syrup are divided into preparations:
- direct resorptive actions that irritate the bronchial mucosa in order to enhance the secretion of mucus,
- reflex action - excite vomit and cough centers to enhance the production of mucus in the bronchi.
Medications of reflex action
Such expectorants stimulate the functioning of the emetic center. In this case, the very vomiting does not occur, if there is no overdose.
Preparations of reflex action have active substances, which strengthen the peristalsis of the epithelium. In this group are syrups, which contain essential oils or extracts of such plants:
- mother and stepmother,
Natural components in the preparation guarantee the presence of a minimum number of contraindications. One of them is an individual intolerance.
Such remedies should be used with caution by people who are prone or suffer from diabetes mellitus.
As part of the drugs there is alcohol, which also introduces certain restrictions in the intake of these syrups.
Syrups of resorptive direct action
Preparations of this group have their own task: the withdrawal of accumulated viscous sputum from the bronchi. Medicines resorptive direct action have in its composition:
- substances containing sulfur: carbocyste, cetylcysteine,
- enzymes with sputum liquefaction properties: trypsin, ribonuclease,
- synthetic derivatives of natural vizicin: ambroxol, bromhexine.
This group of agents is represented by the following known drugs:
All of these drugs have expectorant, as well as mucolytic effects.
When choosing a drug, you should consult with your doctor. Otherwise, the advertised drug from the assistant will turn into a provocateur of serious complications for the systems and organs of the body.
Modern pharmaceuticals in recent decades increasingly refers to natural components and substances. Most of the cough syrups are created on the basis of various medicinal herbs.
Many syrups, tablets and drops from cough are presented in several concentrations. However, the syrup has a lot of advantages over other types of medicines, for example, such a medicine:
- convenient to use,
- has a fast suction speed,
- has the ease of dosage.
The most popular cough syrups for adults
Syrup of althaea medicinal is a dense brownish phytopreparation with a specific smell and pleasant taste. In pharmacies the product is sold in vials of dark glass.
A syrup is taken one large spoon up to 5 times a day after a meal. It must first be diluted with a small amount of warm water, especially with a wet cough. Remedies are recommended by ENT when wet cough with viscous sputum with poor separation.
Syrup with licorice thermopsisThe main difference between licorice syrup and thermopsis is a combined action and plant origin. As the name implies, the drug has two active substances: thermopsis and licorice.
In addition to these constituents, the preparation contains sodium benzoate, ammonium bromide and potassium bromide. Expectorant type of syrup should be diluted with water before taking. An important contraindication to use is peptic ulcer and other problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition, the syrup can not be used by pregnant women and people with alcoholism. As part of the means there is sugar, which can negatively affect the condition of people with diabetes.
Elixir Codelac Broncho
The drug is a composition of glycyrrhizic acid and ambroxol, which gives a bright positive effect with a wet cough with difficulty in separating the sputum.
Elixir Codelac Broncho can treat children older than 12 years and adults. The syrup has an anti-inflammatory and mucolytic effect.
If the expectorant type of syrup is taken 2 or 3 weeks, then the state of the bronchi begins to improve. Adults need to drink the drug 3-4 times a day for two tablespoons.
The drug is contraindicated in pregnant women, during lactation. It is forbidden to take the drug for children under one year. It is also not used for stomach ulcers.
The drug with a secretory effect, the taste of licorice and the smell of anise. From natural ingredients it contains tincture of red pepper, anise oil, levomenthol and camphor.
The active substances are:
- sodium cyclamate,
The drug should be taken every 3 hours for two tablespoons. Syrup softens sputum, effective for wet and dry cough.
PertussinThe well-known preparation of Pertussin perfectly suits people of any age. It is a mucolytic and expectorant, in the composition of which is an extract of thyme.
Pertussin reduces the viscosity of sputum and positively affects the activity of the cilia of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchi. Thus, sputum moves faster to the exit, potassium bromide is designed to suppress the cough reflex, which is important for a damp cough.
During the lactation period, during pregnancy and children up to one year, you can not take the drug. Another contraindication is heart failure. The daily dose of the drug for an adult is 30-45 ml, which is divided into three doses.
Herbal medicine with thyme, which is part of the group of expectorants and bronchodilators, bronchodilators. Tussamag is produced in two forms: without sugar and with a sweetener. For adults it should be taken 2-3 tablespoons 3 times a day.
The basis of this phytopreparation is the root of licorice. The drug has an expectorant effect. The composition of the agent is glycyrrhizin, which acts as a catalyst. This substance stimulates secretion in the mucosa of the respiratory tract.
A syrup with extracts of thyme, psyllium, senegi and primrose has a double action. First, it softens the dry, debilitating cough, and second, it stimulates sputum expectoration.
The syrup contains extracts of thyme and plantain. The agent has expectorant and secretolytic effects. It is necessary to use Eucabal with symptomatic therapy of cough of different origin. The drug dilutes sputum, it is effective for wet and dry cough.
Preparations for children
Syrup is the most common form of release of expectorant drugs for children. Most people prefer to use variants of natural origin.
It is important to note that some varieties of syrups for children can not be given to a child for up to a year. Especially this prohibition concerns mucolytic drugs. Such treatment threatens the development of the child various complications, due to side effects. Therefore, prescription drugs for children under one year should only be performed by a doctor on the basis of diagnosis.
Antitussive, expectorant for dry cough
Coughing is a protective, reflex reaction of the body, which removes the pathological altered bronchial secretion from the respiratory tract. Sometimes it occurs when there are foreign substances in the trachea or bronchi.
Coughing is not a disease, it is a symptom, therefore it should be treated as a manifestation of the underlying disease. The choice of medications that affect cough, depends on the individual characteristics of the person, the type and clinical manifestations of the disease.
The effectiveness of the basic treatment of any disease accompanied by a cough, significantly increases with the rational use of antitussive, mucolytic and expectorants. We will consider the causes of dry cough and drugs used to soften it and transfer it into productive, into humid.
What is the best medicine for dry cough?
The choice of medication depends primarily on the nature of the cough and must be agreed with the physician:
- Cough is dry, painful, painful, unproductive, frequent, leading to a loss of appetite and sleep, choice -antitussives or combination drugs.
- A productive cough, but with a hard to separate, thick, viscous sputum, a choice -mucolytic drugs.
- The cough is productive, with phlegm, and it is not viscous, and not thick - the choice of expectorating cough medicines.
- Mucolytic agents can not be used simultaneously with antitussive drugs.
Dry cough - causes:
Most often, dry cough occurs at the onset of a cold, flu, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, as well as inhaling various substances that irritate the mucous membrane. In the case of a severe attack of dry cough, inspiration is accompanied by a wheezing noise between coughing jerks. This is due to the narrowing of the lumen of the bronchi, larynx or trachea and leads to shortness of breath. Before the attack of dry cough can feel pain with a deep breath.
Causes of dry cough:Read also on the topic:
- Dry cough without fever in adults-causes
- Barking cough in a child - treatment
- Chest Cough - Instruction
- Treatment of dry cough in children and adults
- Why dry cough does not go away, causes of dry cough
- Herbion from dry and wet cough - instruction
- Sinecode - instructions for use
- Causes of dry cough without fever
- Inhalation with bronchitis and laryngitis
- Allergic cough - symptoms
- Antibiotics for bronchitis
- Laryngitis in a child - treatment
- Viral, infectious diseases - ARVI, influenza, parainfluenza, pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.
- Allergy-allergic rhinitis, allergy to dust, chemicals, may be the initial sign of asthma.
- Bronchospasm - spasm in the bronchial tubes
- Medicines that reduce high blood pressure - enalapril maleate, caproptil, lisinopril.
- Reflex response to smoke, cold air, sharp odor
Strong dry cough - what to treat?
The better to cure a dry cough? The use of antitussives is considered advisable only at conditions when the cough is strong and often dry (exhausting) and only as prescribed by the doctor.
If the cough is dry, unproductive, it should first be transferred to the moist one, and then use mucolytic or expectorant drugs. And also with an unproductive cough, combined drugs that have both antitussive and expectorant effect are effective:
Sinekod - instructions for use
Dosage Form: Tablets for children in syrup and in drops for oral administration.
Pharmacological action: Sinekod - antitussive drug, has a direct effect on the cough center. Has an expectorant property, has a moderate anti-inflammatory, bronchodilating effect, improves spirometry. It is indicated for acute dry cough of various origin.
Contraindications: Do not use in pregnant and lactating women. Children under 2 months are contraindicated, children under 3 years can not use syrup, only drops, tablets are contraindicated for children under 12 years.
Side effects: Nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, allergic reactions.
Price: syrup 220 rubles, a drop of 320 rubles. AnalogOmnitussyrup 150 rubles, tab. 190 rubles.
Herbion - plantain syrup
Dosage form: syrup
Pharmacological action: Herbion - a combined medicine of plant origin, has antitussive, expectorant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory effect. In the composition extracts of flowers mallow and grass plantain lanceolate. The drug softens and relieves dry cough.
Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to herbal preparations, intolerance to fructose. Take precautions with diabetes.
Side effects: Allergic reactions.
Price: the average price for pharmacies is 220 rubles.
Dosage form: elixir, syrup
Pharmacological properties: Kodelak Phyto-combined antitussive. Contains codeine and extracts of thermopsis, thyme and licorice. Has an expectorant effect.
Contraindications: bronchial asthma, children under 2years old, pregnant and lactating women, with respiratory failure and hypersensitivity to plant components preparation.
Side effects: allergic reactions, nausea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, constipation. With prolonged use, drug dependence develops to codeine.
Price: 130-140 rub.
Dosage form: tablets, drops for internal administration
Pharmacological action: Stopoutsin - combined antitussive and secretolitic action. The composition includes butamirate citrate, which has a local anesthetic, bronchodilator and antitussive action, and Guaifenesin reduces the viscosity of sputum, improving its departure. Effective with dry cough in children and adults.
Contraindications: Children under 1 year of age and pregnancy during 1 trimester should not be used.
Side effects: Allergic reactions, rarely - vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache.
Price: drops 70-80 rubles., Tablets 130-140 rubles.
Dosage form: syrup, elixir, lozenges
Pharmacological action: Combined drug with anti-inflammatory, expectorant, bronchodilator effect. The syrup and tablets contain the extract of thyme herb, and the elixir also contains the root extract of the primrose. Bronchicum is universal, it is an effective expectorant for dry cough and damp. At the stage of the disease, when a dry cough Bronchicum helps to cope with severe attacks, transferring a dry cough to wet. Then, with a damp cough, he facilitates expectoration of the sputum, contributing to its excretion from the lungs.
Contraindications: Syrup is contraindicated for children under 6 months, and children under 6 years of age should not take troches, patients with significant violations of liver and kidney function, with individual intolerance, during pregnancy and feeding the chest.
Side effects: irritation of the gastric mucosa, allergic reactions.
Price: 270 rubles.
Dosage form: syrup
Pharmacological action: Broncholitin is a combined preparation of antitussive, bronchodilating and bronchoseptic action. The composition includes Glaucina hydrobromide, which has a depressing effect on the cough center, a mild anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. Basil oil has a minor sedative, antimicrobial, antispasmodic property. Ephedrine stimulates breathing, dilates the bronchi, has a vasoconstrictive effect, thereby eliminating the edema of the bronchial mucosa.
Contraindications: heart failure, children under 3 years of age, pregnant and lactating women should not be used.
Side effects: tachycardia, tremor, insomnia, drowsiness, visual impairment, nausea, vomiting, difficulty urinating, rash, increased sweating.
Price: 60 rubles.
Dosage form: tablets
Pharmacological action: Libexin is an antitussive remedy of peripheral action. It has a local anesthetic, bronchodilator effect, its antitussive effect is approximately comparable to codeine. Unlike codeine, Libexin does not cause dependence, does not affect the central nervous system. With chronic bronchitis has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Contraindications: diseases, with the release of abundant bronchial secretion, with caution used in childhood, in pregnancy is not recommended.
Side effects: dry mouth, temporary numbness in the oral mucosa, mild sedative effect, skin rash.
Price: 260-280 rub.
When the cough is not so dry, you can use this herbal preparation.
Dosage form: Brown syrup, the composition includes extracts of 10 medicinal plants - flowers of althaea, onmsma, hyssop, violet, alpinia, fruits of pepper, licorice root, leaves adhatodes and others.
Pharmacological action: Linkas - a combined preparation of plant origin, reduces intensity of cough, increases its productivity, has mucolytic, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory effect.
Contraindications: Children under 6 months of use is not recommended, with hypersensitivity to herbal remedies, use with caution in diabetes mellitus.
Side effects: allergic reactions.
Price: 130-140 rub.
To prescribe and determine the duration of administration of the listed medicinal, expectorant drugs with a dry cough should be the attending physician. There are cases when, with a painful, debilitating, non-productive cough, medications do not help, and simple methods of traditional medicine, such as mustard, cans, steam inhalations, warming ointments and creams bring significant relief and quickly transfer dry cough to wet.