But-shpa has a pronounced antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscles of the internal organs.
It is used for spasms of the gastrointestinal tract, bile ducts, stenocardia, urolithiasis, peripheral vessels. The active ingredient is drotaverine.
The effect of taking this medicine comes in a few minutes. Half an hour later the phase of maximum effect comes from taking this antispasmodic.
Can be used orally (tablets) and uprennally (solution for injection).
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Released without a doctor's prescription.
How much is No-shpa in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of75 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
The No-shpa tablets are small in size, round in color and yellow in color.
- The composition of the tablets: 40 mg drotaverina (in the form of hydrochloride), magnesium stearate, povidone, talc, corn starch, lactose (in the form of monohydrate).
- Forte tablets are identical in composition. The only difference is a higher concentration of active substance (80 mg / tab.).
- The composition of No-Shp in ampoules: drotaverina hydrochloride at a concentration of 20 mg / ml, 96% ethanol, sodium metabisulfite, water d / u.
No-shpa tablets are packaged in a blister pack of 6 and 24 pieces, and also in glass bottles of 60 and 100 pieces. A cardboard pack contains one blister or bottle with the appropriate number of tablets, as well as instructions for the use of the drug.
The main active component of the No-shpa is drotaverin hydrochloride, an antispasmodic that has a positive effect on the smooth muscles of the genito-urinary and bile-excreting tracts, as well as the gastrointestinal tract. The substance helps to effectively remove puffiness, normalizes blood circulation and eliminates inflammation in muscle tissue.
The main advantage is the absence of negative effects of the drug components on the functioning of the nervous system. After consuming the tablets, the result is felt after 20 minutes, a greater effect is achieved after 1 hour. When the solution is injected intravenously - after 2-5 minutes, the maximum exposure - after 30 minutes. Complete removal of drotaverine from the body occurs 72 hours after admission.
Indications for use
What helps? But-shpa can be used as the main, and as an auxiliary therapeutic agent in a number of pathological conditions:
- Spasms of the arteries;
- Spastic constipation;
- Ulcer of the stomach;
- Dyskinesia of bile excretory organs;
- Spasm of cerebral vessels.
In addition, No-shpa is used in certain conditions to relieve and relieve unpleasant symptoms.
But-Shpa for children
Children should be given medication for cystitis and nephrolithiasis, sharply induced spasms of the 12-типерстной gut or stomach, gastritis, enteritis, colitis, flatulence, constipation, spasm of peripheral arteries, high temperature and strong headaches pain.
Tablets of 40 mg to children are prescribed from the age of six. Clinical studies of the safety and efficacy of Forte tablets in children have not been conducted.
- Lactase deficiency, hereditary galactose intolerance, galactose-glucose malabsorption syndrome (tablets, due to the presence of lactose monohydrate in their composition);
- Age to 6 years (tablets);
- The period of breastfeeding (due to the lack of the necessary clinical data confirming the safety and efficacy of No-shpa for this group of patients);
- Severe heart failure (low cardiac output syndrome);
- Severe hepatic or renal insufficiency;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
But-shpu should be used with caution in the face of arterial hypotension, in children and during pregnancy.
With intravenous injection of the injectable solution, the patient must lie because of the danger of developing collapse.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the use of the drug No-shpa is possible only in those cases when the expected benefit is several times greater than the possible danger to the development and health of the fetus. In this case, the dosage is selected strictly individually.
During the period of breastfeeding, it is not recommended to use the medication.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that when taking No-shpa without consulting a doctor, the recommended duration of taking the drug is usually 1-2 days. In cases where drotaverin is used as an adjuvant therapy, the duration of treatment without consulting a doctor may be longer (2-3 days). If the pain remains, the patient should consult a doctor.
The effectiveness of the drug No-Shpa is three to four times higher than that of Papaverin. In addition, the drug is characterized by 100% bioavailability. When taking the pill, drotaverine is absorbed very quickly from the digestive tract: the half-absorption period of the substance is 12 minutes.
- Adults appoint 1-2 tables. at one time 2-3 times / day. The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets. (corresponding to 240 mg).
- Clinical studies using drotaverine with the participation of children have not been conducted. In the case of the appointment of No-shpa preparation for children aged 6 to 12 years - 40 mg (1 table) 1-2 times / day, for children over the age of 12 years - 4 mg (1 tab.) 1-4 times / day or 80 mg (2 tablets) 1-2 times / day. The maximum daily dose is 160 mg (4 tablets).
If the patient can easily diagnose the symptoms of his disease, because they are for him well known, then the effectiveness of treatment, namely the disappearance of pain, is also easily measurable patient. If within a few hours after taking the drug at the maximum single dose, there is a moderate reduction in pain or no pain reduction, or if the pain does not decrease significantly after taking the maximum daily dose, it is recommended to consult to the doctor.
When using a bottle with a plastic stopper equipped with a unit dispenser: before use, remove the protective strip from the top of the bottle and the sticker from the bottom of the bottle. Place the bottle in the palm of your hand in such a way that the metering hole on the bottom does not rest on the palm of your hand. Then press on top of the vial, as a result of which one tablet will drop out of the metering hole on the bottom.
Side effects on the background of the application of No-shpa are very rare. The most common of these are:
- feeling of an increased heart rate;
- an itchy rash on the skin;
- feeling of anxiety;
- lowering blood pressure;
A significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of No-shp tablets can lead to a violation of the rhythm of contractions heart (arrhythmia), as well as to violation of intracardiac conduction, up to a complete blockade with cardiac arrest activities.
Treatment of overdose consists in washing the stomach, intestines, taking intestinal sorbents (activated charcoal), as well as conducting symptomatic therapy in a medical hospital.
The 40 mg tablets contain 52 mg of lactose monohydrate, and as a result, complaints from the digestive system are possible in patients with lactose intolerance. This form is not intended for patients with lactase deficiency, galactoseemia, or glucose / galactose impaired absorption syndrome.
In case of any adverse reactions, the issue of driving and working with machinery requires individual consideration. In the case of dizziness after taking the drug, you should avoid engaging in potentially hazardous activities such as driving and handling machinery.
PDE inhibitors like papaverine weaken the antiparkinsonian action of levodopa. When prescribing No-shpa preparation simultaneously with levodopa, strengthening of rigidity and tremor is possible.
With the simultaneous use of drotaverine with other antispasmodics, including m-holinoblokatory, there is a mutual increase in spasmolytic effects.
We picked up some feedback from people who used No-shpa:
- Alexey. With pain in the stomach I take No-shpa in pills - spasms and unpleasant sensations pass for 20 minutes. Also, the medicine helps me with headaches. Over the years of use, he did not notice any side effect. Recently, the drug has risen in price, but I still keep it at home pharmacy.
- Katerina. I'm without no-shpy anywhere. I want to eat or no-shpu or drotaverin-effect is the same absolutely. This medicine very well helps those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. It is on grass and harm at least. If you feel nausea and heaviness, you can drink no-shpy tabletochku and immediately become easier. I do not know how the others, but she saved me and saves until now. Thanks mom for the advice!
- Marina. My doctor prescribed injections of No-shpy for the treatment of the pancreas. To my son, I give this medicine in tablets at elevated temperature, colic or constipation. The medicine has never failed, it is time-tested. I care about the health of my family, and I do not use cheaper analogues.
- Sergei. He took No-shpa for complex treatment of pancreatitis. Were prescribed in pricks to relieve stomach and intestinal cramps. The injection very quickly acts, the pain releases immediately. Injections were done twice a day, morning and evening. A good and long-known drug that quickly relieves spasms. At home in the medicine cabinet there is always a No-shpa.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- Drotaverin forte;
- Drotaverina hydrochloride;
- Spasmonet forte;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Drotaverine or No-shpa - what's the difference?
Surely, each of us had to take famous yellow tablets with a special aftertaste in those or other health problems. The formulation contains the active ingredient drotaverin, and it is this name that produces the most popular competitor No-shpy and an analogue in composition. What is the difference between Drotaverin and No-shpa?
- Drotaverin is a generic offered to the consumer under an international, and therefore non-proprietary name. The clinical efficacy of generics is not fully proven, since less stringent requirements are imposed on this group of drugs.
- But-spa is an original drug, a patented dosage form. The presence of a patent is not only an excuse for the high cost of the drug, but also certain obligations that superimposed on the manufacturer: the quality of raw materials, production control, safety of the drug should be at the highest level. In order to obtain a patent, the drug must meet a number of stringent requirements and undergo the necessary clinical trials.
It turns out that the patented drug is subjected to more tests before reaching the pharmacy counter. However, this does not mean that the generic drug has a negative effect on health.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Shelf life of No-shpa tablets is 3 years from the date of their manufacture. The preparation should be stored in the original original packaging, in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at an ambient temperature of + 25 ° C.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.