- Pain of intestinal origin
- Pain of a traumatic character in the lesion of the gastrointestinal tract
- Diseases of the spleen
- Causes of gynecological nature
- Pain in lower left abdomen during pregnancy
- Pain in left-sided renal colic
- Related Videos
If the left side hurts in the lower abdomen in women, what can the causes lie in? Topograficheski on the left ileal region is projected several organs:
- Sigmoid colon - part of the large intestine, preceding the beginning of the rectum;
- left ureter;
- left appendage.
And the pains in the lower abdomen on the left in women indicate inflammation of these organs.
Pain of intestinal origin
The cause of pain in the abdomen may be inflammation of the sigmoid colon. The pathological condition is accompanied by a characteristic symptomatology:
- strong pains that precede the release of the intestine, and are aggravated by prolonged lying on the legs and jolting the ride;
- Acute pain is accompanied by tenesmus (a false and very painful desire to empty the intestine);
- a painful syndrome is combined with severe diarrhea;
- the chair visually resembles meat slops due to the presence of blood in its composition, and also has a very unpleasant smell;
- in the feces can be seen various pathological inclusions - purulent mucous and blood.
The sigmoid part of the intestine looks like an S-shaped curved part of the intestinal tract, located up to the rectum. And it is the isolated inflammation of this part of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) that is diagnosed in exceptional cases. Very often, the rectum following is involved in the pathological process.
Specific structure of the sigmoid colon causes stagnation of the contents of the intestine. And that is why the formation of feces is coming to an end. But it is the physiological curves that cause the development of all kinds of pathologies - tumor, inflammatory and degenerative processes.
Pain syndrome can be associated with the pathology of this area
Most often the pain in the left side is caused by the following diseases of the sigmoid colon:
- infectious pathology - dysentery and reminiscent of her condition;
- colitis of non-ulcer origin;
- nonspecific inflammation;
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- Crohn's disease;
- ischemic sigmoiditis;
- oncopathology of the sigmoid colon.
Dysentery and her infections
The causative agents of dysentery most often become shigella, other microorganisms cause the disease much less often. The toxins released by them can provoke the development of ulcers in the terminal section of the colon.
This causes the development of acute sigmoiditis, accompanied by a characteristic symptomatology: frequent diarrhea, tenesmus, cramping pain in the left side of the abdomen, presence in the feces of blood, pus and mucus. With too frequent stools, the patient's feces are mucus, which includes pus and blood.
Transmission of dysentery and similar intestinal pathologies is possible in several ways: through food, contaminated hands, water. Quite often the pathogens of infection in the external environment come from carriers of pathological bacteria. Such people have no signs of disease, but are carriers of bacteria. Dysentery has a sharp beginning.
In the initial stage, the symptoms of pathology resemble gastroenteritis:
- attacks of nausea, resulting in vomiting;
- frequent loose stools;
- pain in the abdomen, but you can not specify the exact place where it hurts;
- increased body temperature to serious levels;
- signs of intoxication - headaches, muscle pains, drowsiness, general weakness.
When developing a characteristic clinical picture, you need to get qualified medical advice. In the absence of an adequate state of therapy, dysentery can go into a chronic form. In this case, it is characterized by frequent relapses.
Chronic non-ulcer sigmoiditis
Chronic non-ulcerative sigmoiditis is included in the group of poly-tyological diseases, i.e., provoked by several factors. In the formation of the disease, an important role is played by the violation of the intestinal microflora. That's why the pathology can be caused by:
- long-term use of drugs from the category of antibiotics;
- severe gastrointestinal infections;
The main cause of ulcerative sigmoiditis development is dysbacteriosis of the digestive tract
For these conditions, the development of intestinal dysbiosis is typical. For pathology is characterized by a sharp raspiruyuschaya pain in the abdomen, giving into the groin and often felt in the perineum. Soreness increases during physical exertion and when making sudden movements.
The difference of chronic non-ulcer sigmoiditis from other pathological conditions of the sigmoid colon becomes alternation of persistent constipation with diarrhea. With prolonged periods of exacerbation, the patient may develop cerebral spasms.
Signs of depletion of the nervous system become:
- increased fatigue;
- development of phobias and depressive states;
- decrease in performance.
Nonspecific inflammation of the sigmoid colon
Cramping pain, the gripping area of the abdomen from below to the left, develops in the presence of ulcers on the walls of the sigmoid colon. Their appearance is not related to the vital activity of pathological bacteria. Painful syndrome with a similar diagnosis occurs with exacerbation of any pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and is accompanied by the following clinical picture:
- frequent loose stools with a terrible smell;
- presence of clean blood in the stool;
- signs of intoxication of the body - fever, headaches, weakness, etc.
Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
Nonspecific ulcerative colitis belongs to the group of severe pathologies of the thick intestine. For the disease, the formation of superficial ulcers on the intestinal mucosa is typical.
Ulcerative colitis is characterized by the formation of painful ulcers on the intestinal mucosa
The disease is diagnosed in young people aged 20-40 years and is always difficult. Its main feature is the development of frequent diarrhea. In this case, liquid stools include large amounts of blood. If the stomach starts to hurt constantly, this indicates the appearance of local complications - perforation of ulcers, toxic expansion of the gastrointestinal tract.
The pain in the left lower abdomen in women can indicate the development of Crohn's disease. This pathology is a very serious disease, which fixes segmental gastrointestinal lesions. On the mucosa of the sigmoid colon inflammatory infiltrates are formed, which transform into deep cracks.
In the case of a lesion of the sigmoid colon, the abdomen below the left hurts. Soreness occurs periodically and manifests itself in a throbbing pain that precedes the release of the intestine and disappears after emptying. Dull aching pain of a permanent nature indicates the formation of adhesions in the low-tidal region. A sign of the condition is the intensification of the pain syndrome with a change in the position of the body.
The cause of why the left lower side hurts is ischemia (a violation of the local circulation) of the sigmoid colon. Diagnosis of pathology in old age and, as a rule, is accompanied by confirmed diseases associated with the presence of atherosclerotic plaques.
Ischemic sigmoiditis occurs in isolated form. Violations of the local circulation cause the appearance of non-healing ulcers, which later turn into scars. The result is a narrowing of the lumen of the sigmoid colon.
The clinical picture of ischemic sigmoiditis resembles the course of nonspecific ulcerative colitis, but, nevertheless, has its own characteristic features. In particular, the pain occurs after heavy meals, which is due to the need for a sigmoid colon in good circulation, and it is impossible with this disease.
It is of a paroxysmal nature, and the attack itself can last quite a long time - up to 3 hours. The disease is accompanied by severe pain. To avoid their development, the patient deliberately begins to take less food.
Oncopathology of the sigmoid colon
The lower abdomen on the left side of the woman with diagnosed sigmoid colon cancer hurts due to the development of concomitant complications. These can be:
- Obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract. With the development of obstruction, cramping pains appear on the person, appearing against the background of moving constipation and diarrhea.
- Disintegration of the tumor, accompanied by the formation of a bleeding ulcer.
- Strengthening the inflammatory process, aggravated by the attachment of a secondary infection. The cause of this is the trauma of neoplasm by the calves. And then the pain in the left side of the abdomen is joined by a change in the appearance of the stool: it contains pus, mucus and blood.
Cancer of the sigmoid colon - one of the hardest pathologies of the digestive tract
When this symptom appears, the doctor may suspect the patient of oncopathology of the sigmoid colon and prescribe appropriate analyzes and instrumental studies.
Pain of a traumatic character in the lesion of the gastrointestinal tract
Drawing pain can bother a woman with the development of irritable bowel syndrome. Its signs can act: pains of a spasmodic nature, a loose stool, flatulence. There is an increase in symptoms in stressful situations. In the absence of qualified medical care, the disease becomes chronic and requires more complex treatment.
Diseases of the spleen
The causes of pain in the lower abdomen on the left may occur due to diseases of the spleen. It can be:
- Lymphocytic leukemia or myeloid leukemia. The pathology passes in three stages. Soreness appears when the disease passes to the second stage and is strengthened by the third stage. The disease is accompanied by aching pain, which spreads along the lower segment of the abdomen. She gives into the inguinal lymph nodes, the joint and pelvic bones.
- Abscess. When forming small foci, self-healing is not excluded. If there are large abscesses, they can be opened with a discharge of purulent contents into the abdominal cavity. A peritonitis develops, for which the strongest pains of a diffuse character, which are defined in the lower abdomen on the left, are typical. There are also other signs of inflammation.
- Sphere of the spleen. Pathology is formed due to the stretching of the ligament-retaining organs as a result of trauma or a hereditary factor. Pathology is accompanied by a severe pain syndrome that spreads to the inguinal region. In addition to it, vomiting, problems with bowel movement, increased gas formation are added. The strength of pain depends on the angle of twisting.
Causes of gynecological nature
In a girl / woman, the pain in the lower abdomen on the left can accompany some gynecological problems. In this case, in addition to the painful syndrome, there is an additional symptomatology: menstrual cycle disorders, pathological vaginal discharge.
Pain in the lower left abdomen in women may indicate the development of gynecological disease
It is accepted to distinguish two types of pathological conditions:
- Sharp. It is characterized by the development of strong cutting pains that spread over the lower abdomen.
- Chronic. Accompanied by a dull aching sore.
Pain in the left lower quad of the abdomen can cause: ectopic pregnancy, ovarian apoplexy, torsion of the legs of cystic formation, myoma, left-sided endometriosis.
With ectopic pregnancy, the fixation of the fetal egg occurs most often in the fallopian tube. For atypical gestation, paroxysmal pain is characteristic. The rupture of the tube is accompanied by severe pain and massive bleeding.
In some cases, ovarian rupture occurs when ovulation occurs or if the intercourse is too active. The pathological condition is accompanied by the strongest pain syndrome. In addition, the following symptomatology is added: blanching of the skin, a drop in blood pressure, fainting. Treatment consists in conducting an urgent operation.
Apoplexy of the ovary is accompanied by very severe pain, provoked by its rupture
Twisting the leg of cystic education
Twisting the cyst leg is the next gynecological cause of soreness in the left lower abdomen. Provoke a state capable of sharply committed body rotations, slopes, excessive physical stress.
Signs of partial twisting are aching pains in the inguinal area, caused by a violation of the outflow of venous blood. With complete twisting, the symptomatology of the "acute" abdomen develops, the sign of which becomes acute cutting pain. In this case, the woman needs urgent medical attention.
Pressing pain is formed with a significant increase in the myomatous node, as it begins to exert pressure on the organs located in the immediate area.
Endometriosis is a pathological proliferation of endometrial cells and its outflow from the body. This pathology leads to the formation of adhesions, as well as to malfunctions of the menstrual cycle. Treatment involves taking hormonal drugs.
Pain in lower left abdomen during pregnancy
If the pregnant women are aching or have a pain in the left lower abdomen, the reasons can be different. The physiological factor of the development of pain may be the fixation of the fetal egg to the left side of the uterus, which is felt by the woman as a slight aching pain.
Attachment of the fetal egg can be accompanied by mild pains of a nagging character
To pathological reasons for the formation of pain is:
- state of hypertension of the uterus;
- the onset of miscarriage;
- development of isthmico-cervical insufficiency;
- the Brexton-Higgs bout;
- disorders of the digestive process.
Pain in left-sided renal colic
Soreness in the left side of the abdomen can occur during the passage of left-sided renal colic. It is characterized by a severe pain syndrome caused by a complete / partial overlap of the ureteral lumen.
A sign of colic becomes a strong cramping pain, which does not disappear when the body position changes: a person constantly rushes around the room, trying to find a pain-relieving syndrome position. With the development of pain in the left lower abdomen, and especially when attaching pathological symptoms, it is recommended that a woman consult a doctor and undergo a full medical examination.