Which cough syrups for children are the most effective
Cough in children is usually associated with colds. To ease the condition of the baby, you can use syrups, which are abundantly presented in pharmacy chains. Unfortunately, not all of them help, so it's worth taking a close look at the choice.
Baby cough syrups
Syrup "Erespal" helps with painful cough in children, relieves spasms with laryngitis and tracheitis. The composition contains fenspirida hydrochloride, licorice root extract and auxiliary substances, as well as flavors. Allergic reactions during admission occur frequently, but rarely are serious.
"Sinekod" is made in the form of drops and syrup. You can take the drug from an early age, but consultation with a doctor is mandatory. The composition includes butamirate, which inhibits dry cough, affecting certain areas of the brain. Take the drug can be no more than 7 days or until the sputum is away.
Expectant syrup "Gerbion" has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. The preparation is made from natural raw materials: extracts of mallow and plantain. Syrup is prescribed to children from the age of two, if there is no increased sensitivity to fructose.
Lazolvan is a reliable drug that contains ambroxol. Syrup without alcohol and sugar, so allergic reactions during its use are minimized. Despite this, it is better to take the remedy, and especially give it to the children, after consulting a doctor.
German syrup "Gedelix" - a herbal preparation, in which there is an extract of ivy. The drug does not contain dyes, pleasant to taste, does not cause allergy in the vast majority of patients. Helps with prolonged cough with viscous sputum.
"Dr. Theiss - DR. THEISS »helps to get rid of a cough that is accompanied by poorly departing phlegm. The composition contains extracts of plantain, chamomile, mint, lemon balm and other plant components. The drug is recommended for children older than a year and adults.
Self-treatment is dangerous!
Treat children, focusing on advice on the Internet or the experience of friends, at least, it is dangerous. Before giving any syrups, you need to find out the cause of the cough, take blood tests and visit a pediatrician.
No cough syrup will help with pneumonia, which will only progress without therapy. If in addition to coughing there is a strong temperature, pale skin, go not to the pharmacy, but call an ambulance or doctor at home.
Remember that with the intake of any syrup, allergic reactions of an immediate type can occur, which often lead to death, if the ambulance does not manage to deliver the patient to the hospital. Do not risk the health of your children, saving time for a visit to the doctor.
List of expectorant syrups from cough
The choice of medication depends on the nature of the cough. In diseases accompanied by a productive cough, expectorants are shown. The most popular medicines in the form of syrups. They are easy to dose, they are pleasant to the taste, and with proper application they are able to quickly eliminate or alleviate such manifestation of bronchitis, tracheitis or acute respiratory disease as a cough.
From this article, you can find out which cough to take Ambroxol.
Wet cough, which is usually called productive, is not as painful as dry. It can not be blocked. The goal of therapy is to facilitate the phlegm withdrawal. To do this, apply syrups, pills, candles and others, including folk remedies, the action of which is directed to:
- stimulation of mucus production by bronchial tubes (secreto-motor drugs);
- dilution of sputum (secretolithic or mucolytic agents).
If thick and viscous secretions are prescribed mucolytic drugs for liquefaction of sputum, a liquid secret should only help to get out of the bronchi. You can not simultaneously use mucolytic and expectorant drugs. However, there are combined means. Usually, treatment presupposes the use of such drugs. But they can not be used simultaneously with antitussive drugs.
In turn, expectorating syrups (cough syrups expectorant) are divided into preparations:
- reflex action (excite cough and vomiting center to increase mucus production in the bronchi);
- direct resorptive action (irritate directly the bronchial mucosa to enhance mucus secretion).
What is the price of the syrup from the cough Lincas, you can learn from this article.
Reflex action drugs
This group of expectorants includes drugs that stimulate the vomiting center. The most vomiting does not occur, except in overdoses. The active substances lead to an increase in the peristalsis of the epithelium. This group includes syrups, which contain extracts or essential oils of such plants as:
- mother and stepmother;
The most famous syrups of this group include herbal preparations from the drug althea extract. They are excellent stimulators of the motor function of the respiratory tract. Natural substances in their composition have a minimum of contraindications. But they do exist. Usually this is an individual intolerance. Sweet syrups should be carefully taken to people suffering from diabetes. Alcohol in the composition of drugs also introduces some restrictions on the intake of syrups.
What kind of syrup from an allergic cough in adults is used most often, is specified in the article.
Resorptive direct action
The main task of these drugs is to remove the accumulated viscous sputum from the bronchi. The structure of funds includes:
- enzymes with the properties of liquefaction of sputum (ribonuclease, trypsin);
- substances that contain sulfur (acetylcysteine, carbocysteine);
- synthetic derivatives of natural Viscin (bromhexine and ambroxol).
This group of medicines is known for such syrups as:
They have a pronounced mucolytic and expectorant effect.
When choosing a medicine, always consult a doctor. Otherwise, a well advertised tool from an effective assistant can turn into a serious problem.
How to use syrup from cough Bromhexine, you can learn from this article.
Modern pharmacy increasingly refers to the gifts of nature. Most syrups are based on medicinal herbs. Many products are produced in several forms and concentrations. A syrup has a number of advantages over other dosage forms. They include:
- high suction speed;
- convenience of reception;
- ease of dosage.
Consider the most popular syrups that help with a productive cough.
Brownish thick phytopreparation with a peculiar smell and sweet taste in pharmacies are sold in bottles of dark glass. It is used on a tablespoon 4-5 times a day after meals, diluting with a small amount of warm boiled water with a productive cough. Syrup is recommended for ENT diseases, accompanied by a cough with phlegm, which is poorly separated.
How to use and in what dosage the syrup from Ascoril cough is indicated in the article.
Licorice with thermopsis
Its main difference is the combined action and vegetable origin. As the name suggests, the active ingredients of the syrup are licorice and thermopsis. In addition, in its composition, it has: potassium bromide and ammonium, sodium benzoate. Alcohol syrup is diluted with water when taken. Ulcer disease is a serious contraindication to drug treatment. Restrictions also apply to pregnant women. Because of alcohol, alcoholics can not take it. Sugar in the composition of the drug may adversely affect the condition of people suffering from diabetes.
Elixir Codelac Broncho
The composition of ambroxol and glycyrrhizic acid in the composition of the drug gives a good effect in the treatment of a wet cough with a difficult sputum discharge. They are treated both adults and children, but only older than 12 years. Expectorant syrup has an anti-inflammatory effect, it is also used as a mucolytic.
How much does the cough syrup Prospan cost, you can learn from this article.
Plantain and mother-and-stepmother
During 2-3 weeks of treatment with phytosyrope, there are significant improvements in bronchi. Adults prescribe the drug 3-4 times a day in an amount of 1-2 st. spoons. Syrup is contraindicated in pregnant, lactating mothers, children under 6 years. Do not use it and with a stomach ulcer.
Syrup of secretory action with the smell of anise and taste of licorice. Of its natural ingredients, it includes tincture of red pepper, camphor, anise oil and levomenthol.The active substances are also sodium cyclamate, dextrose and benzoate.Take the drug every 3 hours for 2 hours. l. Syrup dilutes sputum and promotes its excretion.
How correctly and in what dosages it is necessary to apply thoracal collection of syrup from a cough, you can find out by reading this article.
A well-known tool is suitable for adults and children alike. An expectorant and mucolytic action is provided by the extract of the herb of thyme, on the basis of which a syrup is created.It reduces the viscosity of sputum and positively affects the activity of the cilia of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchi.Sputum begins to move faster to the exit, and potassium bromide, which is also part of the drug, suppresses the cough reflex. During pregnancy and during lactation the drug is not taken. Heart failure is also a serious reason to abandon Pertussin. The daily intake for adults is 30-45 ml. It is divided into three methods.
How much does the Licorice syrup for children, is specified in the article.
Another vegetable syrup based on thyme. It refers to bronchodilators and expectorants. Produced in two forms: with sugar and without sweeteners. Adults take only 2-3 hours. l. three times a day.
Direct resorptive and combined action
A popular extract of licorice root became the basis for this phytopreparation. The medicine has an expectorant effect. Glycyrrhizin in the syrup acts as a catalyst. The substance positively affects secretion in the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.
How to use adult liquorice syrup, specified in the article.
Syrup of Swiss origin with popular in folk medicine extracts of plantain, thyme, primrose and senegy has a double effect: it softens a dry, irritating cough and promotes expectoration phlegm.
The syrup contains extracts of plantain and thyme, is characterized by expectorant and secretolitic action. It is indicated for symptomatic treatment of a cough of different nature. It dilutes sputum and reduces the intensity of dry cough, eases a wet cough.
Preparations for children
Syrup is the most common form of release of expectorants for the treatment of children. Most people prefer to choose medicines of natural origin. Please note that some children's syrups should not be given to children until two years of age. This is especially true for mucolytics. Side effects from their use can be more than good. The list is as follows:
Gedelix (ivy extract)
Phytopreparation from an extract of an ivy helps or assists to deduce a sputum and facilitates tussis. It can be taken even by pregnant women. His children, like any other drugs, should be given cautiously.Even natural ingredients can harm the baby.The syrup contains menthol. It can cause a spasm of the larynx. Other components (eucalyptus and anise) can also contribute to the appearance of an allergic reaction. But if the child does not have individual intolerance to the components, he is prescribed to children of 10 years for 5 years, 5 ml three times a day, children 4-10 years - on, ml 4 times a day. For patients younger than 4 years, syrup is given 3 times a day, ml.
What is best for children when they cough, Gedelix drops or syrup, is indicated in this article.
Anisovy sweet taste of syrup like children. They perceive it as a treat. It works in a complex way. It is used as an expectorant, mucolytic and anti-inflammatory drug. As a part of the medicine, there are more than 10 different plant components. This is a popular cough remedy. Assign the drug three times a day for children from 3 years in a dose, h. l. for admission, children 6-14 years of age, the dose is increased to -1 hour. l.
Syrup is used to treat cough in adults and children. Sweet liquid babies take with pleasure, but it should be remembered that an overdose can lead to unpleasant, and even dangerous consequences. Licorice root, for example, can cause vomiting. Children from 12 years are given three times a day for 1 hour. l. funds, 2-12 years h. l. syrup, diluted with water.
Another universal inexpensive and effective cough remedy, known since childhood. The drug can be taken from two years. In this case, you must adhere to the recommended dosage.
There are two forms of release of this syrup - for adults and children. They differ in the concentration of active ingredients and in their aromas.Banana 2% syrup has a pleasant sweet taste, and is designed for younger patients, caramel 5% syrup is intended for older children.
Expectorants help get rid of cough, if properly taken. Even the most harmless means should be taken under the supervision of a doctor. This is especially true for young children. During treatment for a cough, do not forget about such elementary things as plentiful drink, regular airing of rooms and humidification of air. They are effective in many cases not inferior to syrups and other medications.
List of effective syrups for children's cough
Choosing the most effective and maximally natural cough syrup, many parents seem to be a priority. This opinion is a little erroneous, because the recovery of syrup affects only indirectly, and with the focus of infection another antiviral drug or antibiotic is fighting. Cough syrup will help to speed up liquefaction and sputum discharge from the bronchi and lungs, but with a particularly painful and dry cough it is due to the syrup that the most painful symptom is removed. That is why it is worthwhile to seriously and responsibly approach the choice of a suitable drug and not engage in self-medication. Cough syrups for children list can be seen by reading the article below.
How to use a cough syrup during pregnancy Dr. Mom, is indicated in this article.
The medicinal form of the syrup is very convenient, because the mixture is ready and it remains only to accurately measure the dose and give the child. A great advantage of syrup will be a pleasant taste, children are usually very willing to take this medicine and even ask for supplements. Along with this, there are also shortcomings, which these medicines also have. More details can be classified as follows.
Pros and cons of syrups
||A doctor's consultation is required to determine the causes of cough.|
|A wide range of pharmacy products.||Difficulty in choosing the right drug.|
|Varied price range.||The cost of many syrups is artificially inflated by marketing techniques and advertising in the price.|
What syrup from an allergic cough for children is best used, is specified in the article.
This list can be continued indefinitely, the main thing is that every parent should understand the basic theses himself and do not trust the blindly advertised drug that helps the TV hero win-win. Before buying a suitable drug, it is necessary to find out the cause of the cough, and only then to choose a remedy that can contribute to the treatment of this disease.
The video tells about the causes of cough and ways to treat it:
Causes and possible treatment
Coughing is not an independent disease, but simply a symptom that is caused by a number of reasons. Correct diagnosis is already half the journey on the way to a speedy recovery. Sometimes, in order to defeat a cough, cough syrup can and should not be taken, it will be enough to change some environmental factors or resort to other procedures, such as inhalations or rubbing.
How to use and what is the dosage of the cough syrup Erespal for children, you can find out by reading this article.
By its nature, a cough can be:
- Allergic: in this case, conventional means will be powerless, should be removed if possible allergen and take special antihistamines, which can also be in the form of syrups.
- Drycaused by a bacterial or viral infection. Dry cough can manifest itself at the very beginning of the disease and it should be treated only if it does not go into the "wet" stage itself. To do this, use antitussive drugs that stimulate the formation of mucous secretions. The more and more sputum is secreted and coughing up, the faster the organism will cope with the disease.
- Wetcough suggests that the process of recovery is progressing naturally and the main task is to create optimal conditions for an early correction. Syrup from a wet cough will ensure maximum excretion of sputum, but if you take antitussive drugs, you can aggravate the situation. In this case, a large sputum discharge will lead to serious problems with mild and complications of the disease.
- Cough can be caused by a specific disease -pertussis.
What is the price of the cough syrup Dr. Mom, you can find out from this article.
Apparently, there can be several options, and this, if not yet go deep into the medical jungle and not classify possible catarrhal diseases. Causes may be caused by parasites, as well as by strong dustiness of premises, for example, at work. Dry air can also provoke periodic attacks of cough, so it is so important to maintain a comfortable level of humidity, especially if the family has small children.
There are many variants of cough syrups in pharmacies, they all differ in composition and principle of action, so it is rather difficult to classify these drugs. If the characteristics take into account the price category, it will be a little easier to decide on the choice. But the principle of choice remains the same: all medicines must be prescribed by a doctor, because sometimes even a similar drug may not cope with the cause of the cough due to a slightly different principle actions.
What is the price of syrup from a dry cough Herbion, you can find out by reading this article.
- Propane - a product of plant origin, can be used to treat children from birth, the price is from 708 rubles per bottle 200 ml, homeopathic remedy.
- Herbion plantain for dry cough, the cost of 221 rubles, 150 ml.
- Herbion primrose for a wet cough, the cost is from 223 rubles, 150 ml.
- Dr. Tys syrup with plantain: price 187 rubles per 100 ml.
- Doctor Mom on herbs, the cost is from 145 rubles, 100 ml.
- Gedelix syrup, can be used for children up to a year old, contains exclusively natural ingredients. The price is 352 rubles per 100 ml. Quite cheap in the ratio of price and quality.
- Stoppussin phyto - a collection of natural herbal extracts, 100 ml costs only 186 rubles.
- Tussamag 200 ml for 206 rubles.
- Phytolor is a two-component preparation, the cost per 100 ml is 121 rubles.
What price of cough syrup Stodal, you can learn from this article.
Optimally affect the cough of different types of syrups with a combined effect. Usually they are at least two-component, so they have such an effect on the causes and symptoms of coughing.
- Ambrobe, a good mucaltic effect is due to the active substance - ambroxol, 100 ml 124 rubles.
- Lazolvan analogue of an amber, but with a lower concentration of active ingredient, 100 ml can be bought for 266 rubles.
- Ambrohexal also has a similar effect, 100 ml of 112 rubles.
- Ascoril - a combination of bromhexine, salbutanol and guaifensin, is often used in the treatment of bronchial asthma. The cost is from 328 rubles for 200 ml.
- Bronchipret price of 295 rubles per 100 ml.
- Omnitus 200 ml of 158 rubles.
- Suprima Broncho a wide range of effects, 100 ml of 130 rubles.
- Travisil syrup, 100 ml - 180 rubles.
- FLUIFORT - an active substance carbocysteine, which has a strong mukaltic effect, the cost per 100 ml 289 rubles.
- Halixol - 100 ml, active substance ambroksol. The cost is about 470 rubles.
- Terasil D is a three-component preparation with an additional antihistamine effect. The cost is from 261 rubles per 100 ml.
- Erespal, active substance fenspiride, the price is from 244 rubles for 150 ml.
- Libexin Muko is in children's and adult dosage. The cost for 125 ml of a child's drug is 312 rubles, the adult - 349 rubles.
There are also special categories of medicines without sugar. They are designed primarily for people with diabetes, but they are also great for children, because usually the sugar substitutes are more useful for the developing organism.
How to properly use the cough syrup with laryngitis in children, you can find out by reading the article.
No added sugar
- Linkas, a special formula without sugar, 120 ml, cost - 181 rubles.
- Tussamag without sugar 175 g 222 rubles.
For children in the first year of life, a lot of cough syrups have also been created, but their use requires strict medical supervision, so do not risk the health of a little man and prescribe medication yourself or by advice friends.
What syrup with laryngitis in children to choose and use, is indicated in the article.
The most safe for treatment
- Prospan: can be used to treat children from birth, the price is from 708 rubles per bottle 200 ml.
- Linkas for children from six months, 90 ml 148 rubles.
- Eucabal is also applied from six months, 100 ml to 201 rubles.
- Sinecode can be used from two months, it helps from a dry cough of 200 ml of 318 rubles.
- Gedelix syrup, can be used for children up to a year old, exclusively natural ingredients, on herbs. The price is 352 rubles per 100 ml.
Many of us remember the taste from childhood: Soviet cough syrups cope with any disease faster and more efficiently. Most people now trust precisely proven recipes, so they buy inexpensive analogues of foreign preparations.
What syrup with a barking cough is most often chosen, is indicated in the article.
The most inexpensive "Soviet" syrups for coughing:
- Altea syrup, 125 ml - 45 rubles.
- Pertussin - a combined herbal preparation, 100 ml of 26 rubles.
- Syrup of licorice is an inexpensive and effective drug, 100 ml costs only 45 rubles.
- Broncholitin - 125 g. 85 rubles.
- Bromhexine is a good help to get phlegm, the price is about 124 rubles per 100 ml.
What syrup from barking cough in children is the most effective, indicated in the article.
Apparently, the choice is really huge and constantly updated with all new drugs. Most of them already have analogs, some are absolutely unique. An integrated approach in the treatment of cough will be a reliable and responsible decision, in which there is no place for thoughtless "self-activity". Do not abuse and prescribe yourself and children drugs on the advice of friends or by choosing at random from the pharmacy showcase.Cough syrups are also medicament preparations and contain many active ingredients in the formulation.If the disease is not properly diagnosed, they will not bring anything but harm.
Syrup from dry cough to adults: advice of doctors
Dry cough requires special attention. Doctors call such a cough unproductive, because it is not accompanied by the separation of sputum and the removal of the harmful products of inflammation and pathogenic microbes from the respiratory tract. There is a dry cough with various infectious diseases, allergic reactions, inhalation of dust and irritants, with colds of the bronchi and lungs. Treat yourself cough only if you have common colds or mild bronchitis. In all other cases, treatment should be controlled by a doctor. The most affordable remedy to cure a dry cough is a syrup containing a combination of medications.
How to treat dry cough
With a dry cough caused by an infectious disease, it is required to strengthen the formation of bronchial mucus and activate the epithelium of the respiratory tract to bring it out. With frequent attacks prescribe drugs that depress the cough reflex. Most of them have their contraindications and side effects.
A minimum of contraindications are herbal remedies curing dry cough. Syrup from natural raw materials has practically no side effects, but it acts more slowly and less efficiently than complex preparations. When choosing a medicine, take into account the age of the patient, the state of the stomach and the cardiovascular system, how much weakened the function of breathing in general, how often there is a cough and how much it interferes recovery. A good syrup from a dry cough contains drugs that inhibit the cough reflex, substances that stimulate the phlegm and its dilution. When the cough turns to wet, that is, there is a large amount of bronchial mucus, then drugs that suppress cough can not be used.
"Broncholitin" - a combined syrup from a dry cough to adults, which contains an antitussive a drug of non-narcotic effect (glaucin) and ephedrine hydrochloride, which has bronhorasshirating action.
Effective in the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, acute diseases of the upper respiratory tract. When an overdose, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, sweating, difficulty urinating, trembling of the limbs. Contraindications include pregnancy and lactation, hypertension, insomnia, thyroid dysfunction, heart failure. The syrup contains ethanol.
Syrup "Bronchicum TP"
This is a good syrup from a dry cough based on herbal preparations (grass thyme, roots primrose), but consider that it has mainly an expectorant effect. Also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
It is used when coughing with difficult sputum. Contraindicated in severe liver and kidney disease, cardiovascular system, congenital intolerance to glucose and insufficiency of sugar and isomaltase. The syrup contains,% ethyl alcohol, therefore it is not used in patients with alcohol dependence, pregnant and lactating women. Possible side effects: dyspepsia, nausea, gastritis, allergic rash, swelling of Quincke.
Syrup "Kodelak Fito"
"Kodelak Fito" is a dry cough syrup for adults, containing codeine and plant extracts. It is used for the treatment of dry cough of any origin, with bronchial and lung diseases.
Oppresses the cough reflex at the level of the central nervous system. It liquefies phlegm, promotes increased mucus secretion, has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action. When an overdose develops symptoms of poisoning with opiates: drowsiness, headache, vomiting, itching, impaired coordination, urinary retention, slowing of breathing and palpitations. With prolonged use, habituation develops. "Kodelak Fito" is contraindicated in pregnancy and breast-feeding, bronchial asthma, respiratory insufficiency, is incompatible with alcohol and can affect the reaction rate (during treatment is not recommended to drive a car).
"Herbion" - a good natural syrup from dry cough in smokers, with diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Contains plant components (plantain extract and mallow), which have an emollient and expectorant effect. Also suppresses the reproduction of bacteria and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is not recommended for use with pregnant and lactating women, it can not be combined with other antitussive drugs. Has contraindications: diabetes, intolerance to fructose, impaired glucose absorption.
Syrup "Stoptussin Fito"
"Stoppussin Fito" - syrup from dry cough to adults on the basis of plant extracts (thyme, thyme, plantain), it exerts an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect, reduces viscosity phlegm.
The preparation contains,% ethyl alcohol. It is not recommended for liver, kidney, cardiovascular, pregnancy and lactation diseases. Side effects are minimal: it is possible to develop allergic reactions. It is prescribed for removal from the respiratory tract of difficultly separated sputum during bronchitis and tracheitis.
The drug is vanilla syrup from dry cough to adults, whose main active ingredient is butamyrate citrate. It is a non-narcotic antitussive, it depresses the cough center, improves breathing and enlarges the bronchi.
It is used only to suppress dry cough, does not contribute to the separation of sputum. It should not be taken together with expectorants, as mucus will accumulate in the bronchi, which contributes to the development of infection. "Sinecod" can cause drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, a drop in blood pressure.
Syrup "Tussin Plus"
"Tussin Plus" contains expectorant (guaifenizin) and antitussive (dextromethorphan) components. The latter refers to narcotic antitussives, so in pharmacies "Tussin Plus" is released on prescription.
This is a very effective syrup from a dry cough to adults. Photo before and after taking the drug, according to doctors, shows an improvement in bronchi on X-rays. It is used for symptomatic treatment for ARVI and colds. Has many contraindications, characteristic for codeine and its analogues. It can not be taken with a damp cough with abundant phlegm.
A dry cough syrup for adults, the photo of which is presented below, is a combined preparation from natural raw materials. It includes more than ten names of plants. The drug reduces the intensity of cough and at the same time contributes to the dilution of sputum, increases production bronchial mucus, has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action, has sedative and antiallergic properties.It is used to treat all types of cough with hard-to-recover sputum, including infectious diseases and a smoker's cough. There are no contraindications, an allergic reaction is possible from side reactions, with individual intolerance to the components. It is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation, in case of diabetes it should be taken into account that the syrup contains sucrose.
Syrup from dry coughing to adults "Ascoril Expectorant" has a bronchodilator, expectorant and mucolytic effect. The composition of the drug include salbutamol, bromhexine hydrochloride, guaifenesin and menthol. Assign with bronchial asthma, pneumonia, tracheobronchitis, emphysema and other diseases with a violation of the structure of the bronchi and alveoli. It enlarges the lumen of the bronchi, strengthens the ventilation of the lungs, promotes the formation and separation of sputum. The drug is released by prescription. Has side effects: headache, dizziness, increased excitability of the nervous system, nausea and diarrhea, palpitations. It is possible to stain the urine pink.
With diseases of the upper respiratory tract, colds and bronchitis, you can independently take syrup from a dry cough to adults. Reviews of the drugs suggest that it is better to drink drugs on a plant basis and not containing strong substances. With prolonged coughing attacks, you need to see a doctor who will conduct the examination and prescribe the most appropriate drug.
Cough syrup for children
A frequent symptom of colds in childhood is cough. Distinguish dry and wet cough, each of which has its own characteristics.
So, if children have a wet cough, then the treatment is aimed at removing accumulated sputum from the respiratory tract.
With a dry cough, it is necessary to calm the cough center, as its irritation over-tires the child. In this case, there are painful sensations in the muscles from straining, sleep disturbances and excessive irritation of the nasopharynx.
It is believed that it is easier for a child to bear a wet cough than dry. And it is safer, because with a dry cough the child may have attacks of suffocation.
It is necessary to distinguish which medicine will help the child from a damp cough, and what can be drunk with a dry cough for children.
What can I give a child from a wet cough?
Because in childhood, sputum is viscous enough, it can be difficult to retreat. A doctor may prescribe an expectorant or mucolytic cough medicine for children in the form of a syrup.
Pediatricians prefer the following syrups from a wet cough:
- Lazolvan.Syrup from a wet cough for children Lazolvan helps to remove viscous sputum in various diseases upper respiratory tract (bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma), reduce its adhesive properties and viscosity. In half an hour the child will feel relief. The therapeutic effect is maintained for at least six hours.
- Dry cough medicine for children.As a good expectorant is dry cough medicine for children, which allows to strengthen peristalsis of bronchioles, as a result of which there is a more successful excretion phlegm. The glycyrrhizic acid included in its composition has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Herbion syrup of primrose.The composition of the herbion from wet cough includes the roots of the primrose and the herb of thyme, which facilitate coughing and dilute thick viscous mucus. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Propane.Propane is an absolutely safe medicine, as its composition includes plant components. It helps to withdraw phlegm from the bronchi, improve the blood supply to the lungs and restore the drainage function of the bronchi.
- Ascoril Expert.The syrup for the children of Ascoril has a bronchodilator effect, helping to relax the muscles of the bronchi and reduce the irritation of the mucous membrane of the throat. Included in its composition, guaifensin allows you to translate the cough from unproductive to productive.
- Bromhexine.A good mucolytic agent is bromhexine for children, which helps cope with difficult to separate sputum in such serious diseases as pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis, cystic fibrosis. If a child has sputum accumulation in the bronchi as a result of a surgical procedure, then bromhexine is prescribed most often.
How to treat dry cough?
To treat this type of cough use drugs that depress the cough center.
The following syrups from dry cough most deserve the trust of doctors and are appointed in childhood:
- Libexin muko.Quite often pediatricians prescribe to the child a syrup from a dry cough libexin muco, which allows to eliminate spasm of the bronchi. However, it is contraindicated for children up to two years.
- Ambrogen. Syrup based on plantain ambroben allows to reduce the viscosity of phlegm. It can be given to a child from birth. However, if it is used incorrectly, stagnation in the bronchi is possible. Therefore, it must be used strictly under the supervision of a doctor.
- Doctor Theiss.Syrup with plantain Dr. Thiess is an effective mucolytic, anti-inflammatory agent that can cure dry cough in childhood. The child will not give up such a medicine, because it is characterized by a sweet taste due to the sucrose entering into its composition.
- Herbion syrup of plantain.In the herbion of dry cough, in addition to plantain also includes flowers of mallow. When it is used on the mucous membrane of the throat, a thin layer forms, which protects it from irritants. As a result, recovery is faster. Herbion helps to alleviate a child's unproductive cough.
- Flavamed.A solution for oral administration of flavamed can be a safe drug, so it can be given even to a newborn baby. However, stasis may arise if it is used in parallel with other antitussive drugs that are designed to depress the cough center.
It should be remembered that in order to achieve the best therapeutic effect in the treatment of cough, one should take into account its type - wet it and silt dry. Properly selected medications in accordance with the type of cough will help the child to transfer the disease more easily and quickly recover.