How to calm a dry cough in a child
Dry cough causes serious discomfort to the child. Often it causes severe pain and fever. Therefore, it is so important to know how it can be reassured at home.Calm the dry cough in the child will help mineral water. It should be given to drink a little. It should be room temperature. The content of iodine and silver ions in it is inadmissible.
A glass of milk with soda effectively calms cough. You need to warm it up for a bit. Then add 1 hour to the glass. spoon of baking soda, which is thoroughly mixed. A ready-made mixture is given to a child. If he does not like the taste, you can add a little honey.
Make the child a steam inhalation. She very quickly calms a dry cough. It will take 4 hours to prepare it. l. baking soda and dilute it in a liter of water. Boil the mixture and let the child breathe over her steam. It is advisable to cover his head and a pot of water with a towel to ensure maximum effect.
Hot tea with raspberries is a life saver with a dry cough. His child should drink in small sips. It is advisable to give such tea not during attacks, but before their appearance. Then you can warn them and thereby reduce painful feelings.
Use the proven method of drinking hot dog rose. The hips must be brewed in a thermos. 10 liters of fruit are used per liter of water. It is important that the drink is infused for 10-15 minutes. You need to drink it during seizures and before eating 20-30 ml each.
Syrup based on honey and lemon very well helps with dry cough. You can do it yourself. To do this, take a large lemon, drop it completely into boiling water. Cook it for 10 minutes. Then pull out the lemon, let it cool down a little, then cut into pieces and squeeze out the juice. Add 2 hours to it. l. glycerol, 1 tbsp. l. honey and 150 ml of water. Move the resulting mixture and give it to your child during coughing attacks, as well as in the morning, at lunch and in the evening at 2 tbsp. l.
Use a proven folk remedy to calm a dry cough based on cocoa. Take it in an amount of 1 p. spoon, mix with 1 h. l. honey and 1 tbsp. l. oil. Mix carefully the ingredients, give the ready mixture to the baby 30 minutes before eating for 1 hour. l.
Relieve the dry cough will help onions. Bake it, and then cut it finely. Let's get the mashed-up baby in the morning on an empty stomach for 20 g. At night rub the chest and neck to the child with a grated raw onion.
Anesthetics are very effective for dry cough. They quickly soothe it and relieve the pain, since they have a softening effect on the mucosa of the respiratory tract. They can be bought at a pharmacy, but beforehand, contact a pediatrician to prescribe the drug and prescribe the dosage.
How to calm a cough in a child at night
I'm yours )
Very good from the cough helps to soar the legs for the night in a hot tub (basin) with a humpback, put on socks and run to bed. Give hot milk with honey and butter.
depending on what is connected and what kind of cough by nature
Tussin, Glikodin. It depends on how many years the parasite is.
Put a pillow under your head so that your head is high
Very well helps ointment suprima plus
Of course it is important to know the nature of the cough, but I give my "Coffix" -acts in a few minutes, and "Sinecod" blocks cough, but it functions somewhere an hour after taking!
Finely cut the tsibulu and fall asleep with sugar, after a while it will release the juice, a tablespoon should be given to the child with a strong cough. Juice is not nasty, children drink.
During the attack, give a drink of sweet warm tea, and as already written above put under the head 1-2 pillows, what would have turned out to be a semi-semi-sitting position.
If a dry cough, then Prospan helps. We get rid of a cough in a few days. And before going to bed a glass of warm milk with honey and a slice of butter, this will calm the cough.
Night cough in children. Night paroxysmal cough in a child
Many parents face such a problem as a night cough in children. And you really need to have steel nerves in order to withstand such a relatively calm. Yes, and children coughing attacks at night does not give pleasure. If you began to notice a night cough in a child, treatment should begin immediately.
Coughing is not a disease
Every parent must firmly remember that one should not try to cure a child independently of a cough. You can not, relying only on your own experience, try to determine the causes of a night cough in a child. But almost everyone seems to have enough knowledge and stop the attack of cough - this is not such a big problem.
To suppress the attack in the middle of the night is really not so difficult. But to eliminate the root cause of coughing is sometimes even problematic. First of all, because without a qualified medical examination it is impossible to say for sure what the true reason for nocturnal seizures is.
Causes of a child's night cough
The most common reasons that there is a night cough in children, we can consider the following:
- presence of a viral infection in the child;
- an allergic reaction to anything;
- various respiratory diseases;
- wrong position of the body during sleep;
- too dry or cold air in the children's room.
- gastric reflux (or simply heartburn).
Night dry cough in the child appears, as a rule, due to nasal congestion. Cшиши C C C Cши Cши Cши д Cши Cши Cши Cши Cши Cши C C C C C C C C д C C C C Cши C C Cши C C C C And this, in turn, causes dryness of the larynx. At local receptors, there is an excessive effect that irritates them. To eliminate this discomfort, the body tries with a dry cough. It can also be a consequence of an allergic reaction.
A night attack of a child's cough may be caused by heartburn or other stomach problems. This is because in the horizontal position, some amount of gastric juice can enter the larynx, thus causing irritation. The organism reacts to it by the only way known to him - a cough.
The reason that there is a nocturnal wet cough in a child is the slowdown of all processes in the human body at night. Blood circulation in the lungs is not very active, as is the absorption of mucus in the nasopharynx. Due to the horizontal position of the body, its normal isolation is impossible.
Caution! False groats
The main distinguishing sign of false croup is its suddenness. During the day, nothing bodes ill, the child seems to be merry and healthy. But in the middle of the night there is an attack of acute dry cough.
The danger of this disease is precisely the suddenness, such a condition can lead to a fit of suffocation. The child may be frightened because he is not able to breathe deeper. His breathing quickens and can reach 60 times a minute. The cough gradually intensifies and becomes more rough, the child's face turns red, and the lips and nails become bluish.
In order not to aggravate the situation, try to reassure the child. Because panic can make breathing more difficult and cause new spasms. Try to explain to the kid that while you are around, nothing bad can happen to him.
To remove an attack of false croup, it is necessary to ensure the influx of fresh air into the room and contribute to the removal of spasm. In addition, you can take the following measures to eliminate cough:
- Give the child a warm drink. It can be a warm tea with honey and milk with soda. This is necessary in order to warm the larynx and relieve spasm.
- You can also do inhalation to clean the upper respiratory tract. Excellent procedure with soda. To do this, you need to dilute in a saucepan in a 1: 1 ratio (one teaspoon of soda for one glass of boiling water).
- For the outflow of blood from the larynx to the extremities it is recommended to make hot baths for hands and feet. This will help to relieve the spasm a little.
- We welcome the use of funds that remove puffiness. However in this case also it is not necessary to be engaged in a selftreatment. Take only those drugs that your doctor prescribed. Otherwise, instead of helping the child, you can only do him harm.
- Do your best to humidify the air indoors.
At the first alarming symptoms, parents need to show the child to the doctor, since a false cereal is not a pathology by itself. This is, rather, a symptom of various viral or allergic diseases.
Caution! Bronchial asthma
In the event that the treatment that was prescribed by the doctor does not help to the proper degree and the nighttime paroxysmal cough in the child does not go away, it can be considered a symptom of bronchial asthma.
Bronchial asthma is a chronic inflammation of the allergic nature, in which compression of the bronchi and the appearance of edema of the upper respiratory tract are observed. This pathology leads to difficulty breathing and other concomitant complications. Asthmatic children are more likely than others to have infectious diseases.
In addition, as a result of increased edema in these children, hypoxia is observed - a lack of oxygen in the body. This, in turn, adversely affects the operation of all systems and organs.
The danger of bronchial asthma is that you need to treat it before the first symptoms appear. When the patency of the bronchi decreases by less than 20%, it is impossible to detect any measurements. Only if the patency falls - there is a deterioration in well-being. Including begins and night cough in a child, whose treatment is better to begin immediately.
Treatment of cough
Trying to cure a cough without proper medical examination, you risk harming your own child, because incorrectly selected methods and drugs will not be effective enough. It is also very important to correctly diagnose a disease from which it actually needs to be treated. Do not forget that the causes of a child's night cough are upper respiratory tract diseases.
It should be noted that the best cure for cough is its prevention. Regular outdoor outdoor games, exercise, proper nutrition and lack of allergens in the reach of the child are the main precautions.
Among the most common allergens are: dust, chemicals, some food, as well as animal fur or bird fluff from pillows.
Before you cram a child with various cough syrups or apply folk methods, remember if there is anything new in the child's environment. Perhaps a night cough in children can be a reaction to a new washing powder, clothes or objects that have recently appeared in the nursery.
Make sure that the air in the room is warm enough and damp. If for some reason you do not have the opportunity to constantly ventilate the room, now there is a huge amount of air humidifiers on sale. They are good for children who suffer from chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Because such guys need special conditions. And humidifiers can set a regime that will be optimal for your child.
Help the baby to develop the chest. It is not necessary to wrap it in quilted blankets and not to let on the street just because it has asthma. On the contrary, provide him with access to fresh air and active sports. The only way you can help him cope with this ailment. Many of the Olympic champions were asthmatics, but this did not stop them from achieving such great success in sports.
Remember, a night cough in children is not an independent disease, but only a symptom. You should treat the root cause of disease, only then you can achieve a positive result and save the baby from exhausting night attacks, which not only disturb sleep, but also negatively affect overall health.
How can I stop a child's cough?
How to stop a cough in a child - worries all parents. Especially if the child coughs hard, without stopping, suffocates. I want to stop this as soon as possible and help my child calm down.
Cough is a symptom of various diseases. Strong attacks occur most often at night. How to relieve cough in a child? To help the baby correctly, you need to know the cause of the cough. And the reasons can be set, and not always they are connected with catarrhal diseases, the coughing child - usual picture on reception at the pediatrist.
Causes of a cough
Cough is a protective reaction of the body, allowing to clear bronchi and trachea. At quite healthy children there is a slight coughing up to 10-15 times a day (usually in the morning hours) and this is the norm. But when an ailment causes suspicion, is painful for a child, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician.The problem in treating a cough is that often parents do not take it too seriously and are engaged in treatment alone, especially when it is not strong and no other symptoms are accompanied. Nevertheless, almost always the cough has serious causes.
The main reasons for the appearance of cough:
- inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract (bronchitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, rhinitis, etc.);
- foreign object caught in the throat;
- allergic diseases of the respiratory system, bronchial asthma;
- diseases of the digestive system (often gastroesophageal reflux);
- heart disease;
- helminthic invasions;
- too dry air in the room.
To understand what is the cause of coughing, can only the doctor, after a survey.
Types of cough and its treatment
It is accepted to divide the cough into dry and wet. In the first days of inflammation of the respiratory system, there is a mostly dry cough, then passing into the wet one. But there are many varieties of both dry and wet cough. Depending on the reasons for its occurrence, it happens:
- Acute. Its duration is usually less than three weeks. Typically, it is caused by a viral disease, inflammation in the larynx (laryngitis), trachea, bronchi or lungs. At first it is dry and obtrusive. When tracheitis becomes barking, with laryngitis also with a sore throat. With pneumonia, it is immediately moist and deep. The main task in the occurrence of any signs of acute respiratory disease is the exclusion of pneumonia.
- Sudden. Suddenly, a cough (sometimes accompanied by a whistle) may indicate the presence of a foreign object in the respiratory tract.
- Protracted. Wet cough, most often after acute bronchitis. It happens also with adenoids, nasopharyngitis. Can last from a month or longer. A dry lingering cough occurs in schoolchildren with tracheitis. Happens with whooping cough. Wears paroxysmal, painful.
- Permanent or chronic. It is observed in chronic diseases of the respiratory system. It happens, both wet and dry, depending on the disease.
- Allergic. Dry, paroxysmal and painful. Occurs most often all at once as a sign of an allergic reaction. Sometimes it is a harbinger of bronchial asthma. It is quite difficult to distinguish it from a cold cough. It is necessary to find and eliminate the cause of the allergy.
- Psychogenic. Basically dry. Occurs as a reaction to stressful situations. It is of a persistent nature, it usually begins with ARI, then it becomes regular. It manifests only during the day, during sleep does not arise, to provoke its attack can be, touching on a topic unpleasant for the child. Requires in-depth study and specific treatment.
Treatment of cough is due to the diagnosis. Basically it consists in prescribing drugs that dilute sputum. To establish the diagnosis, the following studies can be assigned:
- chest X-ray;
- bronchoscopy (shown with frequent inflammation of the lungs, bronchitis, to detect a foreign object);
- sputum analysis;
- blood tests, feces and others.
- Observe the drinking regime. When coughing is recommended abundant warm drink - fruit drinks, herbal teas, compotes, water.
- Maintain optimum humidity in the room. This is especially true in winter, when the air in the premises is dry.
- To make medical inhalations. It is good to buy a nebulizer. This device sprays the medicine, allowing it to penetrate into the bronchi immediately. Without consulting a pediatrician, do nothing.
- Use drugs that are prescribed by a doctor. Usually it is an expectorant that removes phlegm, mucus and bacteria. They come in the following forms: liquefying phlegm, stimulating its retreat and combined (both liquefy and stimulate).
In the treatment of cough in a child, antitussive drugs are not recommended, the more you can not give them yourself. They act on the cough center, which is located in the cerebral cortex. This leads to stagnation of mucus, which significantly aggravates the course of the disease. But many make the mistake of giving the child with a wet cough such a drug. It can be prescribed only by a doctor, for example, with whooping cough or in preparation for an operation on the respiratory organs.
Night cough in childrenIn general, the ailment is aggravated at night. His attacks intensify, breaking the sleep of the child. This happens because in the prone position the mucus does not resolve and clogs the nasopharynx, which causes a cough.
At night it is harder to clear the throat, so it is intense and prolonged. The child becomes restless, does not sleep well or can not fall asleep at all. To reduce the number of coughing spells in children, you need to turn them from side to side during sleep.
Cooler and drier than during the day, air at night can also trigger seizures. Therefore, it is important to maintain the optimum temperature and humidity in the children's room. Ventilate it before going to bed. It is recommended to include an air humidifier or hang wet towels around the room.
Most often, night cough bothers children with viral infections, chronic respiratory diseases, bronchial asthma, adenoids, after suffering pertussis (the disease itself is also characterized by night attacks of cough).
How can I calm a child's cough?
Attacks of acute cough are observed with laryngitis. Children have an adult structure of the larynx. They are located above them, the ligaments are thinner and shorter, the lumen is narrower. Therefore, swelling in the inflammation arises from them faster and is dangerous in that it makes breathing very difficult. If the child becomes very difficult to breathe - you need to call an ambulance. Because of these features, coughing in children is much more frequent and lasting.
How to relieve a coughing fit in a child? There are several ways to stop a coughing attack, this will help the following tools:
- baby cough syrup;
How to calm a cough in a child and stop an attack:
- At night coughing. The child must be awakened, placed on the bed and given a warm milk or mineral water, a decoction of chamomile (sage), tea with jam. After that, the cough weakens, the sore throat passes.
- You can give a little honey (if there is no allergy) or butter. Honey or oil must be slowly dissolved. This will ease the sore throat. Very good effect gives honey buckwheat.
- Sometimes children's syrups and cough syrups are good. They contain essential oils and other ingredients that help relieve coughing.
- In some cases, inhalation is effective. It is necessary to give the child to breathe over hot water or use a special inhaler or nebulizer. But take into account that the newborns are up to six months of inhalation contraindicated. Humidification of air is necessary. Dry air is a common cause of sore throat, because of which you constantly want to clear your throat.
- You can soak a child's feet or warm it in the bath, make a grinding of the chest. But only if there is no temperature.
If nothing helps, call a doctor.
All procedures are best done by consulting with the pediatrician, as much depends on the child's age, for example, it is not recommended that small children put mustard plasters, do rubbing.
How can I relieve dry cough in a child?
How to relieve dry cough in a child? Every parent asks himself this question, when his baby suffers from severe coughing attacks. In the arsenal of parents there are both pharmacy and folk remedies.
Why there is a dry cough?
First of all, you need to understand that coughing is a non-self-sustaining disease. It is a symptom that accompanies a disease. Therefore, it is necessary to treat it, based on the doctor's diagnosis. Dry cough causes the child a lot of suffering and anguish: a baby can not fully sleep, because such a cough intensifies at night, loses appetite, becomes irritable, nervous and tearful.
There are many reasons for the appearance of a dry cough in a child.Here are the most common of them:
- Physiological features of the structure of the larynx in the zone of the vocal cords. This reason is most often found in young children. Over time, such a cough passes by itself, when the structure of the larynx changes.
- Laryngitis, or swelling of the mucosa. This process is accompanied by acute attacks of cough, which is often described as barking. It intensifies at night. Especially severe attacks occur at the first 2 - 3 days after the onset of the disease, when it is at the peak of exacerbation.
- Bronchospasm. Imminent coughing leads to spasm in the bronchial tubes.
- Allergic reaction. In some cases, cough may begin because of exposure to the body of an allergen.
- Infectious or viral disease. For example, ARVI, ARI, pneumonia, influenza. Bronchitis, parainfluenza are accompanied by a cough in children.
When a child starts coughing, it is necessary to call a pediatrician at home or to show the child to the doctor. This is important because only the doctor can determine the exact cause of the baby's cough, diagnose and prescribe adequate treatment. It is better not to engage in self-treatment of the child.
How to calm an attack of a child's cough?
However, what if the pediatrician can not be consulted for some reason impossible? Parents can take independent steps to ease the attack of the child.
To do this, you can use the following guidelines:
- With a night attack. If the child began to cough in a dream, it must first be awakened. Then you need to sit him in a vertical position (let the child lean back on the pillow). This soothing posture will bring some relief.
- Walking. Can help reduce the attack of ordinary walking around the room.
- Wet air. If the child has a dry cough, you can moisten the room. This is especially true in the winter season, when the air is over-dried by batteries and other heating appliances. Sometimes it is enough simply to sprinkle water from the atomizer in the room to make the child feel better.
- Products of beekeeping. If the baby does not have an allergy to honey, you can give him ¼ h. l. of natural honey. It is necessary to slowly dissolve it, trying not to swallow immediately. Many recipes from dry cough include honey. If a child has an allergy to it, it does not matter. You can prepare funds for the same recipes, excluding honey. From this they will not cease to be effective.
- Butter. This product has an enveloping action, which eliminates the irritation of the mucous membrane. The method is good if the cause of the cough is a sore throat.
- Cough syrups. Now in pharmacies there is a huge selection of different syrups. You can choose any syrup, but it is absolutely necessary that the package indicates that the medicine is intended for the treatment of children. In addition, you need to choose a remedy against dry cough. Depending on the condition of the child and the nature of the course of the disease, the doctor may prescribe an antitussive drug or a combination drug.
Drinking and inhalation for coughing
You can give the child a therapeutic drink. Here are some drinks recipes that can help:
- Alkali. Soda is an excellent remedy against dry cough. It eliminates irritation with mucous, softens, soothes. You can cook a delicious drink, which the children drink with pleasure. To do this, heat 1 cup of milk (to a high temperature), add ¼ h to it. l. soda, ½ h. l. honey and a piece of butter. All mixed well, wait until the oil and honey is melted, give a drink to the child. Parents should make sure that the milk is warm, but not in any way hot. This is important not only for the prevention of burns, but also for getting rid of the cough itself. Hot temperature, on the contrary, can provoke a new attack.
- Mineral water. It is necessary to choose necessarily alkaline mineral water and add to it 1/2 h. l. soda. The water must be warm. This drink softens the mucous, reduces perspiration and soothes cough.
Inhalations are also very effective and can help the baby. The most suitable for the child will be the following:
- Chamomile inhalation. It is conducted in the same way as any other, but chamomile is added to the water. A couple of such decoctions are good for seizures.
- Emergency inhalation. It may happen that a critical situation occurs when the child suffers suffocation. For example, this happens with laryngitis. In this case, you need to open the hot water tap in the bathroom in order to steam, and bring the baby to the water. He will breathe a little of this steam, and the condition will be relieved.
- Inhalation with essential oils. In any inhalation, whether it is on herbal decoction or ordinary water, you can add essential oils. Cedar, needles, fir are very good in this respect.
When carrying out inhalation, make sure that the child does not burn the steam.
You can carry out the procedure by means of a special inhaler or a conventional saucepan, erecting a towel over your head. After inhalation, you must go to bed.
How else can you remove a fit of coughing?
Other means of traditional medicine can help:
- Sage. Ingredients - 1 glass of milk, 1 tbsp. l. sage. Add the grass to the milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and insist for 40 minutes, then drain. Give the baby 1 glass of hot decoction before going to bed. This will not only suppress cough, but also give the child a sound sleep.
- Compress. Ingredient - black radish. It is necessary to squeeze out the juice from the radish and rub it on the baby's chest and back. After that, he must immediately go to bed.
- Romashko-honey tea. Ingredients - chamomile flowers, 1 h. l. honey. You need to brew chamomile according to the instructions. In 1 cup of broth add honey, mix well and give to the baby.
- Vegetable oil. You can give the baby 1 hour. l. any vegetable oil. The most pleasant ones are olive, peanut, sesame oil. They soften the mucous, thereby improving the patient's condition.
Before giving the baby a drink, you can make a manipulation that will further enhance the effectiveness of the curative decoction. To do this, you need to seat the child and knock on his upper back and chest sections. This contributes to the rejection of bronchial mucus. Movements should be easy and do not give the child unpleasant sensations. Then you need to give a decoction.
As a rule, these folk remedies help to relieve the condition of the baby and curb cough.
What if the cough does not pass?
Parents should understand that sometimes a cough can present a real threat to the health and even the life of the child. For example, attacks with laryngitis for a small child can be fatal. This is due to the fact that with laryngitis of the acute form, the laryngeal lumen can narrow (this leads to death).
Therefore, if the parents see that the attempts to stop the attack do not help, you should urgently call a doctor. The fact is that not always the attack can be stopped at home.
Many parents oppose the hospitalization of the child. But, if doctors recommend this, parents should agree to avoid complications and threats to the life of their son or daughter. Sometimes it is necessary to introduce the baby Prednisolone to relieve swelling. The hospital should carry out complex therapeutic measures aimed at treating the disease, and not only to remove the symptom in the form of a cough.