List of inexpensive but effective cough medicines
Cough is a symptom of catarrhal disease, which causes a lot of trouble. Most people with the onset of colds suffer from coughing, working, resting, sleeping normally and eating becomes harder. Discomfort is not only delivered to the sick person, but to everyone around him. When choosing a remedy for coughing, you do not need to self-medicate, it is worthwhile to see a doctor for help and prescribing the drug. But, if you decide to choose a remedy on your own, remember that the medicine should be bought first depending on the type of cough: dry or wet. Here is a list of not only the most effective tools, but also affordable. Cough medicine is inexpensive and effective.What can be coughing to a child of 6 months is indicated in this article.
How to treat a cough and runny nose without fever in a pregnant woman is indicated in the article.
How to treat dry paroxysmal cough is indicated in this article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/suxoj-pristupoobraznyj.html
How to cure a cough from a baby without temperature, is indicated in this article.
In the absence of phlegm withdrawal cough is called dry. For its treatment, drugs are used:
- The Falimint.By properties similar to menthol. Causes a feeling of coolness and freshness in the mouth. Do not dry the mucous membranes, the effect and cessation of reflex cough is seen after the first application. It is available in the form of dragees for resorption, it can be given to a child, suitable for children from 5 years of age, contraindications, except for minor allergic reactions, does not. Price: 150 rubles.
- Libexin.Has a triple action, reducing the sensitivity of nerve endings, relaxing the bronchi and reducing the reaction to irritation. It is used for the treatment of severe dry cough, the effect is observed within four hours after administration. Produced in the form of tablets and syrup, not contraindicated to children, there are side effects (dizziness, allergy, fatigue). Price: 300 rubles.
- Kodelak.An antitussive agent of plant origin. Produced in various forms: tablets, syrups, elixirs. Has a combined effect, reduces excitability, increases the viscosity of phlegm with a damp cough, does not cause respiratory depression. It is not recommended to use a long term - the drug causes dependence. Children are appointed from 6 years. The price: 140 rubles.
- Herbion with plantain. Syrup has antitussive and antibacterial effect. Increases the amount of sputum, reduces its viscosity. Due to vitamin C increases immunity. The drug forms a protective film on the mucous membrane, reduces irritation, reduces inflammation. Suitable for children from 2 years. Has almost no contraindications. Price: 250 rubles.
- Haliksol.One of the most effective drugs, the effect comes after half an hour after use, dilutes sputum, reduces its viscosity, soothes the mucous membrane. Produced in the form of syrup, has a number of contraindications. It is forbidden in pregnancy and with gastrointestinal diseases. Children are appointed from 5 years. The price of the drug: 100 rubles.
- Lazolvan.It is prescribed for acute pneumonia, chronic sinusitis, acute bronchitis. The effect is observed after half an hour after administration, the effect lasts up to 10 hours. Cough is eased, sputum is diluted, respiratory tract irritation decreases. Produced in the form of tablets, syrup and solution for inhalation. Suitable for children over 6 years. Price: 150 rubles.
- Ambroghexal.The remedy is used for chronic and acute bronchial diseases, asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, laryngitis. Used in the treatment of complications after surgery, as well as to stimulate the fetus during pregnancy. It has well-pronounced properties, well-established in the market. The price: 70 rubles.
- Omnitus.Produced in the form of tablets and syrup. Reduces the inflammatory process, fights infections, relieves dry cough, positively affects the general condition of the body. Has a number of side effects, including. drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, stool disruption. Contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 6 years. The price of the drug: 90 rubles.
- Stoptussin.It is a combined remedy, has antitussive and mucolytic effect. It is used in the treatment of dry and unproductive cough, is made in the Czech Republic. Produced in the form of tablets, drops and syrup of vegetable origin. Price: 150 rubles.
- Lorraine.The product is suitable for combating dry cough, it is available in various forms: powder, capsules, tablets, suspension and solution. Eliminates the symptoms of ARI and colds, has antipyretic properties, suitable for children from 6 years. Side effects include increased blood pressure, dizziness, mild irritability. The price: 200 rubles.
What causes can be a night cough in an adult, indicated in the article.
Cough with sputum is called wet or productive. For its treatment, preparations with an expectorant effect are used:
- ATSTS.Liquefies phlegm, promotes the productivity of cough, relief comes in the first days of admission. Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It does not combine with paracetamol and other cough drugs. Not recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers. Price: 130 rubles.
- Doctor Mom.Means of plant origin fights with diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, relieves of the common cold, colds and bronchitis. Available in the form of lozenges, lozenges, syrups, tablets, ointments, roller pencils. Suitable for children from 2 years. The cost in pharmacies: 140 rubles.
- Broncholitin.It is very popular as a trustworthy tool. Suppresses the center of a cough, does not depress breathing, treats acute respiratory illnesses, displays phlegm, relieves the mucous membrane from swelling. Effective in childhood. Has only a few side effects: allergies, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate. The price: 55 rubles.
- Bromhexine.The agent is used for acute and chronic bronchial diseases with sputum of increased viscosity. The drug is well tolerated, prescribed from the age of 6, combined with antibiotics, contributing to their penetration into the bronchial secret. When treating, you need to consume more fluid, exclude driving and performing hazardous work. Price: 30 rubles.
- Ambroxol.Bulgarian preparation of expectorant anti-inflammatory effect. It is also used for the prevention of respiratory tract infections, it is available in the form of a syrup with a pleasant smell and raspberry taste. Helps in a short time cure cough, tracheitis, pneumonia, whooping cough and bronchitis. The price: 25 rubles.
- Mukaltin.A natural remedy fights with a wet cough, relieves viscous sputum, which prevents normal breathing. The effect of taking tablets is observed a couple of days after the start of the course. Contraindications: gastrointestinal diseases, allergies, diabetes mellitus. It is not addictive, children can be taken from the age of 12. Cost: 15 rubles.
- Ambrogen.The chemical preparation expectorant and diluting effect, facilitates the outflow of sputum from the bronchi, neutralizes the damaged molecules. The action is seen after only half an hour after taking, lasts about 10 hours. Produced in the form of capsules, syrups, tablets, solutions for inhalation and injection. Children are appointed from 2 years. The packing price: 105 rubles.
- Fluidite.It is used for acute diseases of the lower and upper respiratory tract, accompanied by viscous sputum. Poorly combined with other drugs, weakening their effect. Struggles with infections without clarifying their form and localization. Available for adults and children in the form of syrup, as well as in the form of granules for suspension. Price: 250 rubles.
- Herbion with primrose.The drug is made using plant material. A syrup is prescribed not only with a moist but also senile cough, when the lungs are not adequately supplied with blood. Improves the work of the adrenal glands, is a diaphoretic, expectorant, diuretic, strengthening agent. It facilitates breathing, removes inflammation of the mucous membrane. Children are appointed from 2 years. The price: 200 rubles.
- Gedelix.I have recommended myself as a means to combat productive cough in children. Has spasmolytic properties, removes sputum from the bronchi, relieves inflammation of the respiratory tract. Form release: syrup with mint extract, eucalyptus, menthol. Side effects usually do not appear, does not contain sugars and alcohol. Price: 150 rubles.
- Pertussin.One of the most inexpensive, but very effective tools in the fight against wet cough. Has an expectorant property, dilutes sputum, promotes its excretion. In the preparation of a substance of chemical and vegetable origin, incl. thyme. Children are appointed from the age of 3, during the reception it is necessary to dilute with water. The price: 15 rubles.
How does a cough of an asthmatic nature look like in this article.
What to do when a child's wheezing and coughing is indicated in the article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/svistyashhij-kashel-u-rebenka.html
Among the most effective drugs for dry and wet cough in the Russian market you can find inexpensive means. Before using it is necessary to consult with specialists, since cough is just a symptom of other diseases, it is necessary to fight first of all with the cause of coughing. Remember that timely diagnosis can save a person's life.
The best cough medicineThe best cough medicine for everyone is its own, after all, not fully understood the human body sometimes responds to the reception of various means in different ways. That is why many people have their own good and effective remedy to help cope with this symptom. The list of the best cough remedies listed below is based on feedback from people who recommend them to use. Please note that before using them, you should consult your doctor to make an accurate diagnosis.
Effective cough medicine "Doctor Mom"This good cough medicine for an adult will help if the symptom is productive. The composition of the best means "Doctor MOM" includes ginger, elecampane, licorice root, plantain extract and basil and other plant substances that have a beneficial effect on the respiratory tract. For sale this is the best and most effective cough remedy available in the form of syrup and lozenges. Both these species are equally useful and effective. However, unlike syrup, lozenges also help to soften severe attacks, and they are also convenient to carry with them.
The best cough medicines for sprays and lozenges "Tantum Verde"The best tested Tantoum Verde product is benzidamine hydrochloride and excipients. A pleasant mint flavor gently affects the mucous membranes and facilitates the condition with a dry, unproductive symptom. It can be used even for the treatment of small children, sprinkling a small amount on a pacifier. On sale you can find "Tantum Verde" in pastilles and in the form of a spray with a convenient dispenser.
The most effective cough medicine "ACTS"This drug has a chemical composition, as well as the previous one. It is believed that the "ACTS" is the best cure for a damp cough. Its effect becomes noticeable on the first day of admission. The best means to excrete phlegm dilutes it, making the painful and debilitating symptom more productive. For sale this drug is supplied in effervescent tablets and small sachets with powder.
The best cure for dry cough "Sinekod"With tracheitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis, the symptom is dry, since mucus is practically not produced and does not stagnate in the bronchi and lungs. The drug "Sinekod" is considered to be the best among other means aimed at combating such ailments. It has an antitussive effect, which greatly facilitates breathing and reduces seizures.
The best cure for wet cough is AmbroxolOne of the best and most effective drugs aimed at diluting sputum and removing it from the lungs and bronchi is Ambroxol. The substances in its composition softly affect the peristalsis of the bronchi and cough receptors. On sale this best product comes in the form of a syrup. Ambroxol is the cheapest syrup. On its basis, Ambrobene and Lazolvan are also produced. They also include auxiliary substances and flavors, but cost an order of magnitude more.
The most effective cough medicine for dry "Libexin""Libexin" along with "Sinekodom" is considered the most effective cough medicine. The substances that enter into it also suppress the cough reflex, but do not have a depressing effect on the general respiratory center. For sale it is supplied in tablets, which begin to function effectively after half an hour after the first application.
He remembers that this symptom is not always associated with inflammatory processes occurring in the upper or lower respiratory tract. Often it develops completely for other reasons. In this case even the best medicines can be powerless.
What are the most effective cough pills?
I had a strong cough for 4 weeks. And on the train the passenger who was traveling with me saw my torment and offered me one effervescent pill. And it was not necessary any more. He said that it was a German firm of ACTS. There are pharmacies, I learned.
It is better to buy syrup-any with a plantain and mother-and-stepmother!
I am no longer pills, but ingalypt!
action in 30 minutes!
Personal Cabinet Removed
Dr. MoM))))))))) ILY STREPTOCiP... nU ILY CHTO IN THIS ROOM))))
"Bromgexin" Mukaltin "and simply" Tablets from a cough ".
Buy a syrup of licorice root in the pharmacy! Stuck is not a pleasant one but coughing for 2-3 days! (you drink 4-5 times a day according to art. spoon!)
Personal Cabinet Removed
The cheapest with soda and thermopsis 2 to 3 times a day, act in an hour or two. The rest act after 24 hours-bromhexine for example, its derivatives
very good medicines, you will forget what is a cough
with sage, nasty, but effective!
but they do not help me... until it passes by itself
The cure for a strong cough
In general, suppress cough is not always necessary, but only if it is dry, nasal and interferes with sleep. To do this, use drugs sinecode, glaucin, tusuprex or libexin, depressing the cough center. Expectorant and thinning medications (mucolytics) are no less important. They help to get rid of sputum, cleansing the lungs and self-coughing. These can be bromhexine, mucaltin, halixol, stopptissin-phyto. There are also more powerful agents that dilute viscous sputum and promote expectoration, for example, preparations of acetylcysteine (ACTS, fluimucil) or carbocysteine (mucodin, mucoprote, etc.).
Ambraxol and Ambrobe (medicine), bromhexine (tablets. from the national - a black radish with honey (I myself am always treated this way)
Razirka "Doctor MOM" and to the doctor, a cough can be different!
The best is a black radish with honey, but honey should be natural
Tea with honey and a hot water bottle.
if dry (pershenie) - libexin, wet - ATSTS. Antibiotic-Sumamed.
Consult a doctor!
The best cough remedy is the radish juice with honey (or sugar, if honey is allergic). But I stipulate that it is, cough, as a symptom, and not an inflammatory process. The disease must be treated as prescribed by the doctor. But cough, not even the most expensive and highly advertised remedy cures better than a radish with honey.
Ambroghexal also helps a lot when coughing.
Buy an easy-selling antibiotic - tetracycline. Only not the production of Penza, the best is Saransk.
For the night lie down with a hot hot water bottle on your chest and neck, it will help you fall asleep, and not get sick of coughing.
First, go to the doctor.
Recently I suffered 3 weeks with such a strong cough that I was even choking, tablets "STOPTUSSIN" + syrup from a cough helped, I smeared my chest with Dr. IOM, the cough passed quickly
cause of cough and what complaints other than coughing
Purgen (phenolphthalein) coughs will be scary))
A cough medicine for children: a list of effective. What to give to children from a dry cough
Cough is the most common sign for respiratory diseases. Especially alarming is when it occurs in young children. Its causes are diverse, and, based on this, the methods of combating it are different. How to choose a cough medicine for children? To answer this question, it is necessary to understand the mechanism of occurrence of such a symptom.
The main causes leading to the occurrence of cough in children
Cough reflex is a natural process in the body. It can indicate the presence of the disease, but can only serve to purify the airways from accumulated secretions. A single unobtrusive cough, not accompanied by a rise in body temperature or any changes in the behavior of the child, should not cause parents special anxiety. If coughing causes anxiety, then it is necessary to find out its cause, in order to choose the most effective cough medicine for children.
There are two leading factors that cause the occurrence of cough: penetration into the body of a child the causative agent of infection (and the development of a corresponding catarrhal disease) or the presence of an allergic reaction. A child's organism, especially a newborn, is imperfect and very sensitive to various viruses and bacteria that cause respiratory diseases.
These harmful agents, falling into the respiratory system with a flow of inhaled air, get on the mucous membrane, are introduced into its cells and begin to actively multiply, while at the place of their introduction there is irritation and increased mucus formation, to which the body reacts cough. Similarly, a reaction to the ingress of allergens into the respiratory tract, whether particles of dust, animal hair or plant pollen, is formed. Cough is a protective reaction of the body to irritation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory system or inflammatory process in them and releases them from various mechanical particles, microorganisms and accumulated mucus. The following types of cough are distinguished by the nature, productivity and sound.
Types of cough
Distinguish cough dry (in other words, unproductive), arising at the initial stage of the disease and not accompanied by sputum, and wet (or productive), which occurs as sputum accumulates and contributes to its spillage.
Dry cough is considered the most intrusive. It can pass paroxysmally or resemble barking. Such a symptom tires the child, prevents him from sleeping and can cause vomiting. Barking coughing attacks most often occur with the development of tracheitis or laryngitis and are associated with changes in the vocal cords. To soften the throat, you can use anti-inflammatory sprays or lozenges and alkaline drink to children from dry cough. The medicine will remove the mucosal edema and reduce the inflammatory process.
Sometimes you can come across such a rare type of dry cough at the moment, like pertussis. It became rare because almost all children now receive vaccinations against whooping cough, which reliably protects them from this disease. Cough with whooping cough is dry, paroxysmal, leading the baby's body to exhaustion. With this disease prescribe sedatives and recommend walking in the fresh air.
Quite infrequently occurring disease - respiratory chlamydia of newborns, in which there is a development of coughing of sonorous, jerky, dry - staccato cough. When cured of the underlying disease, it quickly disappears.
There are also types of cough that are not associated with catarrhal diseases:
- cough of an allergic nature - manifests paroxysmally, often occurs at night, before the onset of an attack the child is cheerful, does not feel unwell, suddenly starts to cough often;
- spastic - differs from the usual dry cough in that with it at the end there is a whistling sound; he is very intrusive and is not treated with antitussive drugs;
- bitonal - occurs, in particular, when a foreign body enters the bronchi; with it, the low tone of the cough becomes high;
- cough, which occurs with bronchial asthma, - appears with deep breaths and is accompanied by pain;
- cough associated with food intake, sometimes arising in the pathology of the esophagus or stomach;
- cough of psychogenic origin, which occurs in stressful situations; he appears exclusively in the afternoon, but regularly, has a metallic echo.
The cough medicine for children should be selected taking into account that all respiratory diseases, in mostly manifested first dry cough, which after a period of time passes into wet. But still, by the nature of the cough, it is possible to distinguish which part of the respiratory system has started the inflammation.
Features of cough in certain respiratory diseases
Laryngitis, or inflammation of the larynx, is manifested in the child by a dry cough, hoarseness of the voice, rapidity and difficulty breathing. There is a feeling of perspiration in the throat and severe pain when swallowing. After a while, the cough becomes wheezing due to a change in the airway lumen. Later, the swelling of the vocal cords subsides, and the cough becomes wet due to sputum discharge.
When tracheitis (trachea inflammation), the main symptom is a dry barking cough that starts suddenly, mainly during the night rest, and can last for several hours. Breathing can become whistling or wheezing. To alleviate the condition of the sick child, the doctor will suggest a cough suppressant, such as "Sinekod".
If the inflammatory process descends through the respiratory tract, then inflammation develops in the bronchial tubes (bronchitis) or in the lungs - pneumonia. These two diseases are distinguished from each other by X-ray examination. The initial stage of bronchitis is not different from other respiratory diseases - there are pain in the larynx, nose pawns, the child is sleepy and sluggish. Cough also from the dry at the beginning of the disease becomes wet. If there was an edema in the mucosa of the bronchus itself and the narrowing of its lumen, one speaks of obstructive bronchitis, which is quite common in allergies. If bronchitis is not cured, it can develop into a chronic form, which is fraught with depletion of bronchial walls and the emergence of bronchial asthma.
For the treatment of cough in children, many drugs are produced that have different active ingredients and differ in the mechanism of action. If you fight with children's cough alone, you need to understand them very well, so as not to harm and not aggravate the course of the disease.
Medicines against cough for children: classification
All medicines for cough are divided into two large groups - preparations of central and peripheral action.
The medicinal substances that affect the central nervous system include Sinekod's Tusuprex Libexin and others. They act overwhelmingly on the cough center in the cerebral cortex, very quickly inhibit the cough reflex and can be prescribed to children from a dry cough. The medicine is chosen for them only by the doctor, since it does not reduce the inflammatory process in the respiratory tract and with increased mucus formation it can be stagnant. Therefore, they should be used only on the advice of a pediatrician and only with a dry paroxysmal cough (for example, with whooping cough).
Preparations that have a peripheral effect, in turn, are subdivided according to the mechanism of action into several species. They include:
- Coughing agents that envelop the irritated areas of the mucous membrane in the upper parts of the respiratory system and reduce the inflammatory processes in it. They are appointed with the appearance of initial signs of irritation. They are good for children from a dry cough; the medicine is prescribed in this case, taking into account their age.
- Expectorants for cough, which contribute to the release of bronchi from accumulated exudate. They are also divided into subgroups. The main active ingredient in the first of these may be plant extracts (licorice, coltsfoot, marshmallow, plantain, thyme and thermopsis) or iodides (preparations "potassium iodide" and "sodium iodide"). Under the action of these agents in the cells of the bronchial mucosa, the production of mucus is increased, which liquefies phlegm, that is, it can quickly leave the bronchi. These medications are not suitable for infants and children with neurotic disorders or a tendency to vomiting. When prescribing drugs from the second group - mucolytics - liquefaction of the contents of the bronchi occurs without increasing its volume.
- They also produce a combined medicine that suppresses coughing. For older children, it fits perfectly, since it not only affects the center of the cough, but also softens the irritation of the respiratory tract.
All medicines should be selected taking into account the stage of the disease, the manifesting symptoms and the age of the child. It is advisable not to engage in self-medication, but to consult a pediatrician. It is especially important to ask for medical help in case of a breast infection.
Features of the appearance of a cough reflex and an effective cough medicine for children up to the year
In infants quite often, especially after sleep or feeding, there may be a physiological cough (in the form of rare coughs), not associated with any disease. Since most of the time the child spends on the back, mucus from the nasal passages can sink into the throat, which will cause a cough reflex. May cause it and the ingress of milk or mixture into the respiratory system during feeding or saliva with increased salivation. Also, an external factor can cause such a reaction: dry air, dust or tobacco smoke. Such a cough should not cause much concern, you just need to eliminate the cause of its appearance. If the symptom is intrusive, and the child has a fever or behavior changes, it is imperative to consult a pediatrician.
The peculiarity of the course of catarrhal diseases is that with a dry cough a so-called "false croup" - swelling of the larynx and vocal cords, which leads to a decrease in their lumen, and the baby begins to suffocate. This is a very dangerous condition, requiring immediate help from specialists. The account is here for minutes.
Just as dangerous is a wet cough, which in a nursing baby very quickly descends into the lungs, and banal the runny nose may soon develop into pneumonia, so the babies with suspicion of bronchitis immediately put in hospital. If the situation is not so serious, then, choosing a cough medicine for an infant, it must be taken into account that not all dosage forms are suitable for them.
It is good to have at home a special compressor or ultrasonic inhaler that will deliver the medicine directly to the mucous membrane in the airways. You can use solutions for inhalation "Lazolvan" or "Ambrobene" (they are also prescribed for cough and inward). They are convenient in that they are dosed by drop. They can be dissolved in tea, juice or milk. A good cough medicine for children up to the year is Lazolvan cough syrup and its analogs, which contain the active substance ambroxol. The product has practically no side effects.
Preparations for cough treatment in children from the year
Effective cough medicine for children under 2 years - mucolytic expectorant "Ambrobene" or its analogues: medicines "Ambroxol" Lazolvan "Ambrohexal" Flavamed "Bronhorus". They are used to treat both acute and chronic bronchitis or pneumonia, when chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or bronchial asthma with hard-to-separate sputum, as well as with bronchoectatic disease.
The medicine for wet coughing to a child, very convenient and safe enough for children of different ages, - the drug "Bromhexin 8 Berlin-Chemie" (or his analogues: means "Bronchostop Flegamin"), having mucolytic (secretolitic) and expectorant action and a small antitussive effect. For one-year-old children, it can be used as a drop, solution or syrup. The disadvantages of this drug can be attributed to the fact that the therapeutic effect is manifested only after 2-5 days after the first use.
It is possible to dilute and speed up the secretion of the use in children from 6 months of herbal medicines, such as cough syrups "Gedelix" and "Linkas." When using them, it is necessary to take into account the possible manifestation of an allergic reaction. Preparations based on vegetable raw materials are recommended for children over 2 years of age.
Cough syrups based on herbal extracts
To facilitate a wet cough in a child, medicines can be chosen made from natural raw materials. In addition to common mucolytic drugs, such as "Syrup althaea" or "Licorice root syrup, many multicomponent products are produced, including extracts of herbs in various combinations. It is necessary to study their composition well before use if the child has allergies to plants.
Cedar syrup "Gedelix" on the basis of ivy extract is a cough medicine for children effective for kids aged from several months. It is used as an expectorant for infections in the upper respiratory tract and for bronchitis, accompanied by the formation of hard-to-separate sputum. After its application, the excretion of mucus as a result of its liquefaction and softening of its coughing is accelerated. When using this syrup for the treatment of an infant, the required dose should be diluted with boiled water and observe if an allergic reaction has occurred.
To reduce the intensity and increase the productivity of cough, you can buy a syrup "Linkas, which also has an anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. In its composition, you can see the extracts of the leaves adhatoda, licorice root, pepper, violets, hyssop medicinal, althaea and others. In the absence of a child's allergy, this drug can be recommended as an excellent cough medicine for children under 2 years.
A good expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect is the syrup "Bronchicum reducing the viscosity of the secret and accelerating its evacuation. The effect of this drug is based on the properties of the root of the primrose and thyme. Extracts of these herbs envelop the irritated mucous membrane, which facilitates a sensation of perspiration in the throat and softens the cough.
For better separation of sputum with a damp cough, use the agent "Herbion syrup plantain". This drug also has an immunomodulatory effect, protecting the respiratory epithelial cells from damage and increasing the body's resistance to infections.
Synthetic medicines for the treatment of wet cough
Children over the age of two years with diseases with hard-to-find secretion will help syrup "Ascoril is a combined a drug whose action - bronchodilator, expectorant and mucolytic - is based on the properties of bromhexine, guaifenesin and salbutamol. He is prescribed for such ailments as bronchial asthma, pneumonia, obstructive bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary tuberculosis, whooping cough and others.
A good medicine for a child from cough is the drug "Atsc which helps in sputum purification (including purulent) and its expectoration. It is prescribed for diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by the formation of thick mucus, such as acute and chronic bronchitis, including obstructive, bronchoectatic disease, tracheitis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and the like, as well as with certain ENT diseases (laryngitis, acute or chronic sinusitis, middle ear inflammation) and paracetamol poisoning (both antidote). Children can use it from the age of 2 in the minimum dosage.
Treatment of dry cough with drugs that suppress its occurrence
A great concern may be a dry cough in the child. Medicines for its treatment can be divided into two groups. The first include drugs that suppress cough centrally.
This group of drugs is not recommended to be used without prescribing a doctor, especially if it is a small child. Their use is justified only in the case of a prolonged dry nausea cough causing pain, vomiting or interfering with sleep. In such a situation, it is possible to use a medicine that suppresses coughing. For children for this purpose, prescribe drugs "Sinekod" Tusuprex "Glaucin" or "Libexin depressing the work of the center of a cough in the brain. For infants (only by prescription of a doctor), you can purchase the "Sinekod" remedy in the form of drops. The most important thing is that when you buy these drugs, you need to remember that they are consumed only with a dry cough and do not combine with funds that increase mucus outflow.
Similar effect is also available with the combination of drugs such as syrups "Tussin plus Broncholitin" and "Stoptussin." They, along with suppressing the cough reflex, envelop the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, soften the cough, help to eliminate inflammation and stimulate immunity. They are prescribed for dry and irritating cough of various nature, as well as in pre- and postoperative periods to facilitate coughing.
Drugs for the treatment of dry cough
To ease the condition with a dry cough in a two-year-old child in the absence of allergies, you can use the drug "Herbion syrup primrose." It is also used as an expectorant for inflammation of the respiratory tract with the formation of a viscous secretion (bronchitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis).
Effective cough medicine for children 3 years - a combined drug "Doctor Mom: syrup from cough with aloe, basil sacred, elecampane, ginger, turmeric, licorice and others plants. It has a pronounced bronchodilator, mucolytic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect. It is recommended for dry cough or cough with hard-to-recover sputum in children from the age of three (with pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis). Contraindication for its use is the individual intolerance of some of its components.
Drugs for coughing a lot, and to choose a cough medicine for children, you need to proceed from each case, taking into account all contraindications and dosages. It is advisable to consult a pediatrician beforehand. To effectively combat colds of various nature, in addition to cough suppressants, it is necessary to use drugs that enhance immunity. The child is given peace and a special regime. It is necessary to give the baby a lot of fluid and maintain the humidity in the room. If the child does not have temperature - you can use warming with dry heat and rubbing with medicinal ointments. That is, treatment should be comprehensive.
Effective cure for bronchitis and cough in adults
Bronchitis is a fairly common ailment. Often it is a complication of colds. Pathology is characterized by coughing, high fever, difficulty breathing. With this disease, bed rest, warming of the chest area, inhalation is recommended. To reduce the strength of the cough, expectorants and antitussives should be taken. But there are a lot of such drugs on the shelves of pharmacies. What should I choose a cure for bronchitis and cough in adults? And how to find the most effective?
How to choose the best medicine for bronchitis from cough for adults? It should immediately be stipulated that universal means simply do not exist. After all, each person has his own individual characteristics. And a drug that has effectively approached one patient may not bring relief to another at all.
Therefore, in order to choose an effective medicine for bronchitis from cough for adults, it is necessary to take into account several important points:
- Distinguish dry and wet cough. For each type of medicines are provided that have a certain effect. Medications can reduce pain when coughing or help in clearing the respiratory tract from sputum.
- Before buying a drug, be sure to read the instructions for use. Pay special attention to contraindications and side effects.
- It is best not to engage in self-medication, especially such a serious illness as bronchitis. It is recommended to consult a doctor who will diagnose the patient and prescribe the most suitable drugs.
- When buying medicines, you should try to purchase medicines that have been tested by the manufacturer. If such drugs are very expensive, then you can consult a doctor. It will help to choose cheaper, but not less qualitative and effective analogues.
We stop dry cough
Various types of medicines are used to treat bronchitis. What medicine for bronchitis from coughing to an adult will bring maximum relief? To answer the question, you need to determine the nature of the symptomatology.
At the initial stage of the development of the disease there is a severely irritating throat dry cough. Therefore, prescribe drugs that reduce pain and frequency of attacks.
Excellent antitussive drugs are issued in the form of:
- Syropov - "Bronchikum "Sinekod "Stoptussin".
- Tablets - "Kodelak "Stoptussin "Falimint".
A good result is achieved with the use of combined drugs. These are medicines that provide both antitussive and expectorant action.
We get rid of phlegm: we treat wet cough
With the development of the disease, the symptoms change. The cough becomes moist. Sputum appears. At this stage, you can not take medications that reduce coughing attacks. It is necessary that the fluid leaves the bronchi.
Therefore, now you should take a medicine for bronchitis from cough for adults, which helps to liquefy sputum.
Suffice it to effectively cope with this task preparations:
- Syrups - Ambroxol, Lazolvan, Khaliksol.
- Tablets - "Ambrobe "Halixol "ACTS" (effervescent pills).
And now we will examine in more detail some medicines. This will help determine which drug to choose from bronchitis and cough in adults.
The drug "Mukaltin"
For a long time known medicinal medicine. Produced in the form of tablets. It helps with cough and has almost no contraindications. It can not be taken only with ulcers or in case of individual intolerance.
The active substance of the drug "Mukaltin" is an extract of the althaea. The medication affects the bronchi, strengthening expectoration and speeding up the output of phlegm.
The biggest plus of this medication is the minimum price. A blister of 10 tablets costs 15 rubles per pharmacy.
Produce a drug in the form of tablets. This is an effective medicine (for bronchitis) from cough. The drug helps to remove sputum, provides expectoration. Apply it during respiratory diseases, in which it is difficult to remove mucus, including because of its viscosity.
The main active substance is ambroxol hydrochloride. The medication has a number of contraindications.
Its reception is excluded when:
- stomach ulcer;
- intolerance to ingredients;
- the first terms of pregnancy.
The side effects are:
- gastrointestinal disorders;
Half an hour after taking the pill, "Ambrobene" begins to have a facilitating effect, which continues for a day.
The cost of the drug in pharmacies - about 150 rubles per package of 20 pills.
The medicine "Libexin"
Tablets that provide analgesic and antispasmodic effects. They promote the expansion of the bronchi, reduce the cough.
The main active ingredient of this drug is prenoxdiazine hydrochloride. Accept "Libexin" when coughing any etiology.
Medication is contraindicated in:
- intolerance of its components;
- diseases, with increased mucus formation in the airways;
- You can not take it also after anesthesia.
With special care, prescribe the drug "Libexin" to children and pregnant women.
The price of the medicine for the package (20 tablets) is about 250 rubles.
The drug "Stoptussin"
Often doctors recommend such a medicine for bronchitis from coughing to adults. The instructions for use refer to the medicament for the group of combined preparations. A remedy is made in the form of syrup and tablets.
The preparation has the following properties:
- affects the receptors of cough;
- helps to remove spasms in the bronchi;
- increases liquefaction of mucus;
- helps rapid release of sputum from the respiratory tract.
The medicine "Stoptussin" is contraindicated for use:
- nursing mothers;
- pregnant women;
- children under 12 years;
- with myasthenia gravis.
During therapy with this drug, there may be such side effects as:
- gastric discomfort;
There are also possible manifestations of allergic reactions. It is not recommended simultaneous reception with alcohol.
Packing tablets "Stoptussina" (20 pieces) costs in drugstores about 130 rubles.
The drug "Lazolvan"
This drug is similar in composition and effect with the drug Ambrobene. It is made in the form of syrup and tablets.
The drug "Lazolvan" is contraindicated for taking:
- during lactation;
- during pregnancy;
- with kidney and liver diseases.
As side effects, allergic manifestations may occur.
The average price of a package of 30 tablets is 250 rubles.
The drug "Kodelak"
Another long-used cough remedy. Produced in the form of tablets.
Codeine (the active substance of the drug) acts on the cough center in the brain. Due to this, its tone decreases, and attacks decrease. The medicine "Kodelak" does not affect the functions of breathing, so you can take it even to kids at the age of more than two years.
- breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women;
- with respiratory failure;
- bronchial asthma;
- intolerance of the components contained in its composition.
Allergic reactions, digestive problems, headaches may appear during the medication "Kodelak".
The price of the medicine is about 100 rubles per package (10 tablets).
The drug "Bromhexine"
They are made in the form of tablets, syrup and drops. The active ingredient of the preparation is bromhexine hydrochloride.
This cure for bronchitis and cough in adults provides a number of positive effects. It dilutes sputum and stimulates its rapid elimination from the respiratory system.
The drug should not be taken to children under two years, carefully prescribed to women during pregnancy and lactation.
During the reception of "Bromgexin" may occur headaches, rashes, sometimes there is an intensified cough.
20 tablets of the drug cost about 50 rubles.
Tool "ACTS Long"
The medicament is produced in the form of effervescent tablets intended for dissolution in water.
The medicine "ACTS Long as well as the drug "Ambrobene has a long-lasting effect. During the day, only one tablet is needed, which helps to withdraw the sputum, liquefying it. The active substance of the drug is acetylcysteine. This is a fairly common medicine for bronchitis from coughing to adults.
The instruction recommends to exclude reception of a preparation by pregnant and feeding women, and also children till 14 years.
During the treatment of ATSs, the following side effects may occur:
- noise in ears;
In pharmacies, the drug is sold at a price of 320 rubles per package of 10 tablets.
Medication "Tablets from coughs"
Inexpensive, but effective cure for bronchitis and cough in adults. It has been produced for many years. In its composition - a powder of grass of thermopsis and sodium hydrogen carbonate. These components reduce the viscosity of mucus and accelerate its release from the respiratory system.
The admission of children under the age of 12, breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women, as well as people with stomach ulcers is excluded.
Tablets are sold in pharmacies at a price of about 50 rubles per 20 pieces.
If you need to choose a medicine for bronchitis from coughing to adults, expectorant, then this drug is completely suitable.
Natural product, does not contain sugar and alcohol. The main active substance of the drug is an extract of ivy leaves. This syrup is remarkable in that its reception is allowed to everyone, even children up to a year, nursing mothers and pregnant women.
The medicine "Gedelix" has the following properties:
- expands and cleanses the bronchi;
- liquefies phlegm;
- has a prolonged action;
- promotes effective sphagnum expectoration.
The only restriction: it is necessary to take cautiously in those cases when a strong sputum discharge is not recommended.
The cost of the drug is about 300 rubles per bottle (100 ml).
The medicine "Plantain syrup"
Herbal preparation helps to get the sputum out of the respiratory tract, has an anti-inflammatory effect. Contains sugar in its composition. It is indicated for use by children from 2 years of age.
The use of this drug for the treatment of people with diabetes is excluded. The cases of drug overdose are not fixed - the body tolerates the intake of any amount of syrup well.
The price of 100 ml of the drug in pharmacies is about 250 rubles.
Medication "Syrup of primrose"
A natural herbal remedy. Can be used even for children from two years old. Has an expectorant effect, helps to dilute sputum.
The cost of 100 ml of syrup is about 250 rubles.
Tablets for dry coughing for adults and children: reviews and prices
Do you know which are the most effective tablets for dry cough? If not, then in this article you will find all the necessary information.
Before taking pills for a dry cough, you should visit a doctor and find out why you are concerned about this ailment. After all, without clarifying the reasons for treating such a disease is extremely dangerous. This fact is due to the fact that all medicines that affect the cough reflex, as well as its productivity and intensity, are divided into three main groups:
- Drugs that have a deterrent effect on the cough center in the brain, as well as in the nerve endings of the receptors. As a result, the person is suppressed in whole or in part.
- Medications that favorably affect the smooth muscles and bronchial mucosa.
- Medications that have a positive effect on the state of bronchial secretion, that is, sputum.
As you can see, tablets from dry coughs for adults and children should be selected only after examination and finding out the causes of the disease.
Group of tablets affecting the cough center
As mentioned above, such tablets from dry cough have a direct effect on the cough center. Most often they will be used for partial or complete extinguishing of coughing attacks. Moreover, such drugs are prescribed only in the absence of sputum.
Currently, there are two types of similar drugs:
- C narcotic effect. These drugs include funds Codeine, Demorphan, Hydrocodone, Morphine Chloride, Kodipron, or Ethylmorphine Hydrochloride.
- Without the narcotic effect. These drugs include Glauvent, Sedotussin, Tusuprex, Sinekod and Pakseladin.
The best representative of the group
Tablets from dry cough "Omnitus" - this is the most effective antitussive medicine of central action. This drug is neither a pharmacological nor a chemical relative of an alkaloid opium. It directly affects the cough center.
It is these tablets from a dry cough that have a mild bronchodilator, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect.
The dosage of the agent
This tool is prescribed only for oral administration. It is available in the form of tablets of 20 and 50 mg, as well as in the form of a syrup.
For adults, the medication "Omnitus" is prescribed 2 units (20 mg) 2 or 3 times a day. As for children, their dosage should be two times lower. Tablets should be taken only before eating, without chewing them.
If, for any reason, a person can not take the pill, then he is given a syrup. For adults - 6 measuring spoons (about 30 ml), and for children - twice less.
Price and reviews
Presented tablets from dry cough to adults and children are prescribed only if the cough reflex does not allow a person to calmly engage in their activities or sleep. According to the reviews, such a drug is coping well with the task. He quickly eliminates the perspiration in the throat and facilitates the patient's condition.
You can buy this medication in any pharmacy. On average, 10 tablets (20 mg) of Omnitus can cost about 200 Russian rubles.
Group of drugs of peripheral action
Such medications affect the receptors and smooth muscles of the tracheobronchial tree. As a result, the patient coughs up partially or completely. Such medicines include "Libexin "Helicidin" and "Levoprint". Consider the pharmacological action of the first drug in more detail.
Tablets from dry cough "Libexin"
The price of such a tool varies between 300-350 Russian rubles. You can buy it at any pharmacy.
Medication "Libexin" is a good antitussive drug of peripheral action. It blocks the links of the cough reflex as follows:
- Due to the local anesthetic effect, which significantly reduces the irritability of peripheral respiratory tract receptors.
- For the light of bronchodilator action. Due to this, suppression of stretch receptors occurs, which take a direct part in the cough reflex.
- By reducing the activity of the respiratory center (insignificant).
It should be specially noted that such a drug never provokes addiction and dependence.
Tablets from dry cough: instructions for use
Medication "Libexin" is prescribed only inward. Tablets should be swallowed whole, without chewing. This is necessary in order to avoid anesthesia of the oral mucosa.
Adults are prescribed 100 mg three times or four times a day. As for children, their average dose is about 25-50 mg (depending on the weight of the child).
Combined medicines have both bronchodilator, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, and cough reflex-reducing actions. These drugs include "Stoptussin "Protiazin "Tussin plus "Butamirat "Broncholitin "Lorain" and "Hexapnevmin." Let's consider one of the means in more detail.
The drug "Stoptussin"
This drug has mucolytic and antitussive effect. Butamirate dihydrocitrate, which is part of this drug, is a local anesthetic a substance that affects the nerve endings of the bronchial mucosa, which, in fact, provides antitussive effect.
In turn, a component such as guaifenesin, is able to increase the secretion of bronchial glands and reduce the viscosity of mucus. The first effect is achieved by direct exposure to the bronchi. As a consequence, secretion is secreted and its viscosity is reduced.
Reception of the drug
Tablets "Stoptussin" it is desirable to take after eating food. They are not recommended to chew. The medicine should be washed down with plenty of liquid (for example, water, fruit juice or tea).
It is impossible not to say that this medication is produced not only in the form of tablets, but also in the form of drops. To obtain a medicinal solution, they must be dissolved in 100 ml of liquid. The dose of the drug depends on the patient's body weight. Its price varies between 100-150 Russian rubles.
Mucolytic group of drugs
Now you know what effective tablets for dry cough can be taken to eliminate an unpleasant ailment.
I also want to talk about a group of drugs that have a mucolytic effect. It should be noted that such funds are taken exclusively with a wet cough. Such medicines include the following: "Lycorin "Devyasila root "Terpinhydrate "Solodka "Althaea "Sodium benzoate "Isad "Ammonium chloride "Sodium citrate "Guaifenazine" and so on.
These drugs can reduce the viscosity of phlegm and remove it from the bronchi. However, due to the large list of medications, it is rather difficult for an average person to understand which antitussive drug should be used to ensure that the treatment is as effective as possible. This is why we recommend that you contact an experienced therapist for treatment.
Basic principles of treatment
About what the best pills for cough dry exist, we told above. But you are deeply mistaken if you think that the medicine will very quickly contribute to your complete recovery. After all, any treatment should be carried out in a complex manner.
As is known, at the very beginning of the development of inflammatory processes in the respiratory tract or in other diseases, which in no way are associated with the pathology of the respiratory organs, cough can be quite heavy, nasal and painful character. The situation of the patient is aggravated also in the event that the disease proceeds without the formation of sputum.
Of course, the only way to eliminate this ailment is the use of antitussive drugs. However, for a more effective treatment, the patient is often recommended other means. As a rule, they include various multivitamin complexes that are able to maintain the immune system of a person at the proper level.
If you do not want to take the vitamins purchased at the pharmacy, they should be replaced with fresh vegetables and fruits.
What drugs should I give to children?
Do not dry-cough tablets for children in any case should be with a narcotic effect. If you do not know what preparations belong to this category and which ones do not, then it is not recommended to purchase them yourself. It is better to consult a pediatrician who will prescribe the most effective remedy.
Typically, small children are prescribed not pills, but similar medications, but in the form of syrup or drops. As for the form, such as sucking or effervescent remedies, for babies they also do not fit, although the effect from them comes very quickly.
So, for children who have a dry cough, the following drugs are recommended:
- Medication "Libexin". Give small children should be very careful. The duration of this remedy is rather short (about 3-4 hours).
- The preparation is Glaucin or Glavent. He does not have a narcotic effect, in connection with which he can be assigned to a child from the age of 4.
- Bithiodine. Comparable with "Codeine but not addictive and has few side effects.
- Medication Stoptopsin. Has mucolytic effect. Use only for children over 12 years.
- The drug "Broncholitin". Produced in the form of syrup. The spectrum of application of this remedy is very large - from catarrh of the respiratory tract, pneumonia and bronchitis, to treatment of COPD pertussis and bronchial asthma.
As for adults, they can also use these drugs to treat dry cough, but at high dosages.