To get rid of debilitating coughing resort to the use of various effective methods. But for the complete elimination of the disease, any kinds of procedures should be supplemented with medications. Ascoril cough syrup promotes the dilution of viscous sputum in the bronchi, and also relieves the tension of the smooth muscles of the bronchi. Therefore, it is successfully used as the main drug in the treatment of both dry and wet cough.
- Form of issue
- Composition of Ascoril
- Means of action
- How to use
- Dosage for children
- Dosage to adults
- Side effects
Why tickles in the throat and causes cough - treatment Herbion syrup from wet cough - use for adults and children The use of antibiotics for coughing Honey with milk from cough and cold What are the symptoms of an allergic cough?
Form of issue
Ascoril is a transparent and pleasant taste of viscous liquid, packaged in darkened bottles of 100 and 200 ml. The composition is painted in a bright orange color. The vial is packed in a colorful cardboard box, in which, apart from the medicine, there is an abstract.
Attention! Instruction for use describes the pharmacological actions of the drug, informs the consumer about the permissible dosages and ways of using the syrup.
Composition of Ascoril
For every 10 ml of active ingredient substances:
- 100 mg of guaifenesin, the main expectorant and diluting component, which reduces the surface tension of the respiratory tract, which facilitates the transformation of dry cough into productive;
- 4 mg of bromhexine hydrochloride, which has mucolytic and antitussive properties, as well as promoting liquefaction and rapid sputum discharge;
- 2 mg of salbutamol sulfate, a relaxing muscular muscle that exerts a bronchodilating effect, which improves the passage of sputum from the bronchi.
A number of additional elements that make up the syrup:
- strengthens the action of basic substances;
- gives the composition a pleasant specific taste.
Know! Because of the auxiliary components, Ascoril is so fond of children - its smell resembles black currant and pineapple.
Means of action
Usually, drugs are prescribed depending on the action that must be activated for a speedy recovery. With a dry cough, sputum is not separated, so expectorants in this case are ineffective. When wet, on the contrary, thick sputum forms, which should be made more liquid and more quickly removed from the body.
Important! An improperly prescribed remedy can not alleviate the condition of the patient. In addition, incorrect treatment tactics can seriously damage a patient's body. But Ascoril syrup can be called a universal drug - it can be taken by an adult, you can prescribe cough to children.
Ascoril from cough is prescribed for diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract. The syrup is able to cope with difficult-to-separate sputum by diluting and promptly removing it from the respiratory tract. So, the remedy is often prescribed if there is:
- bronchial asthma;
- whooping cough;
- emphysema or pulmonary tuberculosis;
- cystic fibrosis.
The syrup acts on the basis of the activity of the combined components that make up its composition, shows notable results in the fight against diseases:
- Eliminates the tension of smooth muscles by stimulating β2-adrenergic receptors of the bronchi. Reduces the likelihood of spasms of the bronchial tree, increases the patency of the airways, dilates the blood vessels. All this contributes to increasing the vital capacity of the lungs, it makes it easier for a person to breathe.
- Increases the activity of the ciliated epithelium. As a result, excessive sputum leaves the respiratory organs rather quickly.
- The component of guaifenesin reduces the viscosity and viscosities of the sputum, but at the same time, contributes to an increase in its volume due to the active secretion of its liquid component, which facilitates the transition of a cough from dry to wet.
The syrup is absorbed very quickly, beneficially affecting the body. From what cough he would not be appointed, Ascoril quickly has a positive effect and accelerates the recovery of the patient. The action of the syrup does not cause significant harm, so it is given to even small children.
The medicinal composition is drunk with a dry cough, when its transformation into a productive form is required. Ascoril perfectly suits and with a damp cough, when it is necessary to dilute and remove viscous mucus from the bronchi.
How to use
Syrup should be consumed 30-60 minutes later after eating. It is not advisable to drink it, especially with alkaline compounds - mineral water with a high salt content, milk or water and soda. Violation of the instructions may reduce the expected effect of taking the medication.
Dosage for children
The child can easily exceed the permissible dosage. Therefore, children do not prescribe drugs for up to one year.
- The maximum single dose for children under 6 years is 5 ml.
- At the age of 6-12 years the dosage should not exceed 10 ml at a time.
The recommended frequency of use for a child is no more than 3 times a day. The duration of the course is 5-7 days.
Dosage to adults
Ways of use and precautions for adults also exist. Take the syrup should be about every 8 hours. Dosage - no more than 10 ml at a time.
Possible complications of allergic nature due to hypersensitivity to the components of the drug. Among the diseases of the cardiovascular system, contraindications for the treatment of Ascoril are:
- aortic stenosis;
It is undesirable to use Ascoril with existing endocrine disorders:
- increased functionality of the thyroid gland;
- with diabetes mellitus, which does not lend itself to drug therapy.
Do not use syrup if the patient has digestive system diseases:
- stomach ulcer in acute stage;
- open bleeding in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Among other diseases, contraindications are:
- increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma);
- kidney disease;
- liver failure.
Attention! With great care appoint during pregnancy and while breastfeeding the baby.
It is not allowed simultaneous reception of Ascoril with certain medicines:
- having codeine in its composition;
- antitussive drugs;
The syrup is completely incompatible with alcohol.
Excessive use of the drug can provoke an overdose. The following states can be observed:
- sleep disturbance, increased excitability;
- abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea;
- low pressure;
- allergic reactions;
- tremors and convulsions.
Know! If you feel worse, you should cancel the medicine and consult a doctor.
The price of Ascoril syrup varies at the level of 150-300 rubles. The cost depends on the manufacturer and the point of sale. According to the curative effectiveness of the syrup there are analogues, presented in the form of tablets and syrups:
- Ambrobene - expectorant composition;
- ATSTS - has mucolytic and expectorant properties;
- Bronchicum - suitable for getting rid of dry and wet cough;
- Bronchitis - has a combined effect in the treatment of respiratory diseases;
- Kodelak-bronho - has an anti-inflammatory, expectorant and mucolytic effect;
- Stoptussin - a two-component composition, capable of relieving cough and sputum;
- Pertussin - vegetable syrup, which has a powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect;
- Erespal - anti-inflammatory and anti-exudative drug, prevents the formation of bronchospasm;
- herbal preparations with expectorant action.
Universal children's syrup from dry and wet cough does not have in the pharmaceutics similar medicines for the main active ingredients.
Judging by numerous reviews, Asperil's medicinal syrup is quite popular among the population. It is successfully used as the main means for getting rid of dry cough: liquefaction and withdrawal of difficultly separated sputum, and also to improve the patient's well-being.