- Why does flatulence occur?
- Which food rules should be followed?
- What products cause flatulence?
- What to exclude from food if flatulence is not associated with the disease?
- What can I eat?
- Nutrition for irritable bowel syndrome with flatulence
- Diet for flatulence caused by constipation
- Features of children's nutrition
- Video on topic
Flatulence( bloating) is a popular symptom of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. But it can accompany and functional disorders of the stomach, indicate the intolerance of certain types of food. The essence of the problem consists in inflating the loops of the intestine with accumulated gases.
The correct diet with flatulence helps the process of treatment, relieves pain. Among the proposed dietary tables there is no special for flatulence or bloating, since on the basis of one manifestation one can not judge the cause. Therefore, before choosing a menu, it is necessary to undergo a survey and find out what causes an unpleasant disorder, what possible pathology disrupts the bowel.
Why does flatulence occur?
Gas formation is a normal process of intestinal microflora activity. Some substances decompose to the gaseous state during digestion, which are eliminated naturally. Excess gases can arise:
- with an excessive increase in the process, caused by a significant intake of certain food( meat, legumes) with food;
- excessive ingestion of air during a conversation during a meal;
- for hyperfunction of the intestine due to nervous stress, obtaining massive signals from the brain( "bear disease", irritable bowel syndrome);
- if the balance of useful microflora is disturbed after prolonged treatment with antibacterial drugs, cytostatics, habit of laxatives;
- by joining the "work" of pathological microorganisms and their enzymes in inflammatory processes, enhancing fermentation( gastroenteritis, colitis);
- infringement of deducing of gases and a feces at locks of a various parentage( the most intestinal obstruction is most dangerous).
As we see a variety of reasons need to be taken into account when compiling a menu for a particular person. For optimal selection of foods, general and particular dietary rules for bloating should be considered.
Which food rules should be followed?
Diet in flatulence in an adult may be temporary( on the eve of examinations, expected unrest) or permanent against the background of a general medical process. It assumes:
- the exclusion from the diet of any products that cause intolerance, strong irritants( alcohol, carbonated drinks, strong coffee, spicy and fatty meat dishes);
- the organization of a diet( calm conditions, slowness, sufficient chewing food, multiplicity not less than 5 times a day);
- food intake at the set time;
- obligatory inclusion of warm dishes, stopping snacks with dry sandwiches;
- elimination of stool and diarrhea delay;
- prevention of fermentation processes in the intestine;
- support of useful microflora;
- recovery of the epithelium of the intestinal mucosa, the secretion of gastric juice and the fight against inflammation.
Gastroenterologists consider it necessary to temporarily switch to a reduced calorie intake of 1,600 kcal during the diet to relieve meteorism, while providing 120 grams of protein in the daily ration, carbohydrates reduced to 200 g, fats up to 50 g. It is preferable to adhere to the law of separate nutrition: notcombine protein foods( meat, fish) with carbohydrate( porridge, bread).You can take them with breaks of 2 hours.
Constant nutrition with concentrates can not withstand even a very healthy body
The patient will need:
- stop drinking water with water if there is such a habit;
- to stop using gum, it increases the secretion of gastric juice and promotes swallowing of air;
- cook food only by cooking, steaming, quenching, eliminating frying, smoking;
- stop smoking;
- not gorge on the night.
What products cause flatulence?
Nutrition in flatulence primarily requires a comparison of the symptom with the use of products that cause it. If the intestines are often swollen, then you can not eat:
- a lot of protein foods( meat, fish, cottage cheese, eggs, milk), overeating causes a stomach lag for 10-12 hours, intensifies fermentation;
- products rich in plant fiber due to irritation of the intestine, stimulation of gas production( legumes, fresh vegetables, fruits, bread with bran, nuts);
- carbohydrate food digestible species, which contributes to the growth of purulent microorganisms, causing fermentation of residues in the intestines( sugar, chocolate, candy);
- canned preforms containing chemicals that become strong irritants for the stomach and intestines;
- strong tea and coffee excite the nervous system, disrupt the processes of regulation of peristalsis and the production of enzymes in the digestive tract;
- mushrooms and dishes from them are poorly digested, require increased "costs" of the digestive system.
Some of the listed products are absolutely excluded when switching to a diet from swelling of the intestines, others are limited in quantity. Whether it is possible to eat the usual food will tell the patient's well-being.
What to exclude from food if flatulence is not associated with the disease?
In children, flatulence can be associated with sugar intolerance to lactose contained in milk. At the same time there is diarrhea. This condition is also observed in adults, possibly occurring later, due to a combination with other functional causes.
In such cases, any dairy products are contraindicated. The child is translated into nutrient mixtures. The adult is recommended to refrain from whole milk, cooking milk porridge, soups. Sometimes sour-milk drinks and cottage cheese are well tolerated. Indications are taken into account individually.
The connection between flatulence and frequent use of drinks from chicory
is noted. Diet in case of bloating recommends to understand the use of bakery products. Any baking of yeast dough stimulates gas formation. This refers to the liver, "multi-grain" bread. The increased content of fats and the load on digestion are different products from puff pastry, cakes, cakes with cream. Wheat bran is included in the bread "Otrubnoy", "Doktorsky", so you should not buy varieties.
It is necessary to reconsider the attitude towards porridge. The cereal and noodle concentrates advertised for rapid preparation contain many additives, preservatives. Therefore, it is better to refuse them and prepare porridges from whole grains. The same applies to cereals from corn, "Hercules", products for fitness.
There should be no leguminous crops( beans, lentils, peas, chick peas), soy milk and kefir, tofu cheese. From vegetables it is necessary to refuse cabbage, a radish, a radish, an onion, a turnip, a daikon. Contraindicated apricots, prunes, pears, peaches, sweet apples, plums.
What can I eat?
It is recommended to eat foods and dishes from them, which suppress gassing and promote the removal of toxins. In dietary nutrition must contain the necessary amount of vitamins, calcium, iron to stimulate the production of useful intestinal flora, the functioning of the liver, biliary system.
With a painful swelling of the abdomen, it is better for a person to switch to such food:
- boiled vegetables( salad, salad with cabbage and salted cucumbers);
- dried wheat bread, crackers;
- poultry meat( chicken, turkey), soups from it, boiled or steam dishes, cutlets, meatballs;
- low-fat fish in first and second dishes, a piece stewed with carrots;
- porridge on the water( rice, buckwheat, oatmeal);
- a cocoa beverage without milk, a weak green tea;
- sour fruit in baked form;
- eggs soft( 1-2 pcs a week) or in a steam omelet.
For filling, green parsley, dill, green onions are allowed. Diet with flatulence and bloating due to pathology requires an individual approach and consultation of a doctor. It is different from the general recommendations. We consider two opposite special cases.
Nutrition for irritable bowel syndrome with flatulence
Irritable bowel syndrome manifests itself as diarrhea and flatulence, it is classified as functional changes. However, the body loses water, electrolytes, undigested useful substances.
The composition of the daily menu should correspond to the physiological norm
. Special recommendations:
- increases the amount of vegetable fats due to oils( olive, sunflower, linseed);
- is added to the rough cereal fiber( buckwheat, pearl barley, millet);
- exclude extractives, essential oils( seasonings, greens, mustard, horseradish);
- restricts animal fats with a high cholesterol content( meat, sausages, cold meat, rich broths);
- protein is added due to low-fat chicken meat;
- prohibits all products that stimulate peristalsis( carrots, beets, prunes, dried apricots, raw fruits);
- restricts light carbohydrates by banning grape and apple juice, bananas, nuts.
Diet in meteorism caused by constipation
The food conditions differ from the principles of diarrhea diet. The food should cause cleansing of the intestines, soften the stool stones, remove the spasm or stimulate atony. Constipation of any kind causes stasis of fecal masses and increased putrefaction. Gases come off with difficulty. The extreme situation - the obstruction of the intestine completely blocks the lumen.
The patient's stomach is inflated above the site of constriction. Patients should first find out the cause of constipation. In nutrition, the role of water intake is significant( 1.5-2 liters), it is recommended to drink half a cup before meals, the remainder - an hour after eating. For a uniform bowel load, you need to eat every 4 hours. Grinding food is not required. Calorie can be reduced in fasting days for fat people.
The menu excludes all foods that do not have nutritional value and fiber:
- baked pastry, wheat bread, cakes, pasta, pastry from puff pastry;
- canned food, semi-finished products, smoked products;
- products from fatty meat and fish;
- milk, sour cream, cream, fatty cottage cheese;
- cereal products( semolina, beans, rice);
- fried dishes( potatoes, fried eggs);
- spicy sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise;
- vegetables( onion, turnip, radish, garlic, radish);
- mushrooms in any form;
- chocolate and sweets;
- from berries and fruits - blueberries, dogwood, quince, persimmon, bananas;
- drinks( coffee, strong tea, cocoa, carbonated water, alcohol, jelly).
Children and adults with flatulence, except diet, need gymnastics, stomach massage
Recommended products with laxative effect:
- bread is only rye, dried;
- non-welded soups;
- dishes from lean meat and fish in a boiled form, steam;
- dairy sausages;
- milk is allowed for cereals and soups;
- a low-fat cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- porridge is prepared on water or diluted milk;
- eggs in cooked form two per week;
- from vegetables it is possible to prepare salads, stew( cauliflower, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, beets, tomatoes, pumpkin);
- from sweets is useful marmalade( contains necessary pectins), honey( limited);
- dried fruits and fresh berries;
- fruits( all but contraindicated), juices;
- not strong tea, herbal infusions;
- sour-milk drinks( kefir, yogurt) is more useful with the content of lacto- and bifidobacteria, it is better to drink before going to bed.
Features of children's nutrition
The causes of flatulence in childhood differ from adults by an underdeveloped digestive system, a lack of enzymes for complete digestion of food. Breasts can swallow air when feeding and crying, an unsuitable nipple, an incorrect position.
Premature transition to nutrient mixtures, intolerance to their composition is difficult to tolerate the intestines of the child. At an older age, a large number of baked pastries, sweets, irregular meals, helminth infection, stressful situations, diseases of the digestive organs are important among the causes of flatulence.
To improve the flow of gases in infants, the diet is necessary for the nursing mother. Be sure to exclude from the rye rye bread, legumes, grapes, carbonated drinks, coffee, kvass, cabbage, chocolate.
Vegetables and fruits in raw form for nursing mothers are as much as possible limited to
. For older children, the recommendations do not differ from adults. Parents need to ensure that the child is fed by age. With any complaints about the constant swelling of the abdomen, pain should be turned to the pediatrician.
This symptom, like flatulence, is not very specific for a single disease. Therefore, we do not recommend long-term treatment only with diet. If after the application of restrictions in the diet during the week does not come improvement, then you need to conduct a survey and identify the true cause of bloating.