What antibiotics for colds are effective for adults, the child: the list and the names
Antibiotics for colds are prescribed by a doctor in the case when the human body can not independently cope with the infection.
Usually dangerous signals of attack by malignant bacteria is the body temperature rise to a mark more than 38 ° C, as well as a runny nose, reddened throat and other symptoms, often accompanying a cold: inflammation of the mucous eyes, perspiration in the throat, shortness of breath, dry cough, headache, etc. Antibacterial drugs will help cope with bacteria, but appoint their reception should be exclusively a medical specialist, because uncontrolled self-medication with antibiotics can adversely affect the health rights.
Treatment of colds with antibiotics
Antibiotics for colds are necessary in extreme cases, when immunity does not cope with the pathogens that attacked the human body. Many of us, at the first symptoms of a cold, are wondering what antibiotic to take, perceiving it as a miracle cure for all diseases. However, this is a profound misconception, since it is shown to use antiviral drugs to treat influenza and acute respiratory diseases drugs, and only in the case when the patient's condition worsened and the bacterial infection "connected the correctly selected antibiotic. Thus, it is unacceptable to drink an antibiotic at the first sign of a cold!
Treatment of the common cold with antibiotics should be rational, and for this it is necessary to consult an experienced doctor who will determine the severity of the patient's condition and prescribe the antibacterial drug that will be most effective in a particular the case.
Colds (ARVI) can be considered a rather insidious disease, which manifests itself regardless of age, state of human health, as well as weather conditions. Acute respiratory disease is one of the most common diseases worldwide and without complications lasts an average of a week. Usually adults suffer from a cold on average two or three times a year. To date, physicians have more than two hundred viruses that cause inflammation of the respiratory system. It should be noted that the common cold refers to infectious diseases - it can be transmitted by airborne droplets and often affects bronchi, trachea, lungs. The viral infection lives longer in mucus than in air or a dry place. In order to start treatment on time, one should objectively assess the patient's condition. The main symptoms of a cold are:
- inflammation of the lymph nodes, which manifests itself in the form of seals on the back of the neck, behind the ears, under the lower jaw, when pressed, the patient has painful sensations;
- abundant discharge of mucus from the nose (runny nose), stuffy nose, and unusual dryness of its mucosa;
- sore throat, dry cough, hoarse voice;
- redness of the eyes and lacrimation;
- increase in body temperature from 37 to 38.5 ° C;
- indigestion, nausea and vomiting (with rotavirus damage to the body).
The cold never runs asymptomatically, therefore at the first signs of its development it is necessary to consult a doctor to prevent possible complications in time.
For the treatment of a cold, an accurate diagnosis is needed, which will allow you to choose the optimal medicine, i.e. antibiotic. Each group of antibacterial drugs is designed to treat a particular type of bacteria, so an antibiotic is prescribed depending on the lesion. For example, with inflammation of the respiratory tract, it is necessary to choose a drug that effectively fights bacteria that cause inflammatory processes in the respiratory organs: for example, Amoxiclav, Amoxicillin, Augmentin (ie antibiotics of penicillin group). With various respiratory diseases, such as pneumonia, it is necessary to take into account that they are caused by bacteria, most of which are very resistant to penicillin. For this reason, it is best to use Levofloxacin or Avelox to treat this disease. Antibiotics group cephalosporins (Supraks, Zinnat, Zinatsef) will help cure bronchitis, pleurisy, pneumonia, and macrolides (Sumamed, Hemomycin) will cope with atypical pneumonia, which causes chlamydia and mycoplasma.
Treatment for a cold with antibiotics should depend on the category of the disease. In ARVI, first of all, it is necessary to use antiviral drugs, t. they purposefully influence the immunity, strengthening it and helping to cope with the virus attack. Antibiotics with this diagnosis are useless, and this is contraindicated by doctors. The earlier treatment of acute respiratory viral infection with an effective antiviral drug began, the more likely it is to finish it. However, if the cold is caused by a bacterial infection, antibiotics should not be neglected. In this case, it is very important to pay attention in time to the condition of your own organism and to find out the exact cause of the onset of the cold in order to choose the most optimal antibacterial drug. After all, antibiotics should be treated very seriously, because they can not only help, but also harm in case of wrong choice. So, it is necessary to clearly define the limits that determine when antibiotics can be prescribed, and in which cases it is impossible. In our time, indications for antibiotic therapy are:
- purulent tonsillitis (sore throat);
- purulent otitis (inflammation of the middle ear);
- suppurative sinusitis (purulent frontitis or sinusitis);
- purulent lymphadenitis;
- pneumonia, pneumonia.
Antibiotics for pregnant women with colds
Antibiotics for colds, as effective medicines, suppressing the growth of pathogens microorganisms, occur only in cases of complications caused by the development in the body of bacterial infection. Their use makes it possible to suppress the growth of not only pathogenic bacteria, but also certain fungi, thereby facilitating the life of a patient with a cold. One should remember the danger of self-treatment with antibacterial agents, especially when it comes to children and pregnant women. In such cases, it is necessary to take antibiotics as responsibly as possible, following only the recommendations and competent appointments of an experienced doctor.
Antibiotics for pregnant women with colds should be chosen in view of their effect on the fetus and only in those extreme cases that do require the use of these drugs. To select the most suitable antibiotic for the treatment of a pregnant woman, you should first determine the causative agent of the disease, as well as to reveal its sensitivity to one or another drug. If it is impossible to conduct such a study, antibiotics of a broad spectrum of action are usually prescribed. The most harmless for the body of the mother and child are the antibiotics of the penicillin series (for example, Ampicillin, Oxacillin, etc.), as well as cephalosporins (eg, Cefazolin) and some macrolides (among them, Erythromycin and Azithromycin). It is these drugs that doctors give preference to when prescribing treatment for pregnant women.
The dosage of an antibiotic for a pregnant woman is determined by a doctor, usually it does not differ from the dosage of the drug for the rest. A future mother should carefully follow the recommendations of the doctor and in no case should not reduce the dose of the medicine, tk. this can provoke the opposite effect: in This situation, the antibiotic will not have such an effective action aimed at the destruction of microbes, and can not completely suppress the bacterial infection.
Be sure to take into account the fact that antibiotics maximize their effectiveness only in the treatment of infectious diseases of bacterial origin. In other cases, they are not able to provide the desired action and can even harm the body. For example, antibacterial drugs will be powerless when:
- ARVI and influenza (in this case, the diseases are caused by viruses, for the destruction of which it is necessary to use antiviral drugs);
- inflammatory processes (antibiotics are not anti-inflammatory drugs);
- elevated temperature (do not confuse the effect of antibiotics with the action of antipyretic and analgesic drugs);
- coughing in pregnant women in those cases if it is caused by a viral infection, an allergic reaction, development of bronchial asthma, but not the action of microorganisms;
- intestinal disorders.
If we consider the impact of antibiotics on the fetus, then according to the results of numerous medical studies, that these drugs do not provoke the development of any birth defects in the child and do not affect his genetic apparatus. But at the same time, some groups of antibacterial drugs have so-called. embryotoxic effect, i.e. can lead to a violation of the function of the kidneys of the fetus, the bookmark of the teeth, affect the auditory nerve, and cause a number of other adverse changes.
Antibiotics for pregnant women with a cold have the most unfavorable effect on the fetus in I trimester of pregnancy, so if there is such a possibility, treatment is recommended to be transferred to II trimester. However, if there is an urgent need for such treatment, the physician should appoint a future mum antibiotics with the lowest degree of toxicity, as well as strictly monitor the condition of the pregnant women.
What antibiotics to drink for a cold?
Antibiotics for colds should be used according to the doctor's recommendations in those cases when the patient's condition indicates the development of complications, such as tonsillitis, purulent sinusitis, pneumonia. However, first of all, with a cold, you need to use proven folk remedies and drink antiviral drugs, the action of which is directed at the destruction of a viral infection. Do not resort to antibiotics if the cause of the disease is not established. It is necessary to weigh all the factors "for" and "against" the intake of antibacterial drugs, taking into account their side effects and possible complications.
What antibiotics to drink with a cold, only the doctor knows, who will determine the degree and type of complications caused by a cold, and then prescribe the antibiotic of the corresponding group:
- Penicillins (Augmentin, Ampicillin, etc.) have a pronounced bactericidal effect and are effective in treating bacterial infections and severe forms of ENT diseases (angina, purulent otitis, sinusitis, pneumonia and etc.). The action of these antibacterial drugs is aimed at destroying the walls of bacteria, which causes their death. A positive feature of penicillins is their low level of toxicity, so they have found wide application in pediatrics.
- Cephalosporins have an active bactericidal action aimed at destroying the bacterial cell membrane. Usually antibiotics of this group are prescribed for the treatment of pleurisy, bronchitis, pneumonia and are injected (intravenously or intramuscularly), only cephalexins are taken orally. They cause less allergic reactions than penicillins, but in rare cases, there are allergic manifestations, as well as disruption of the kidneys.
- Macrolides (azalides and ketolides) have an active bacteriostatic effect and are effective in treating atypical pneumonia. The first macrolide was Erythromycin, which was used by patients with an allergic reaction to penicillins.
- Fluoroquinolones (Levofloxacin, etc.) are used to kill gram-negative bacteria (mycoplasma, pneumococcus, chlamydia, E. coli). Quickly penetrating the cells, they hit the microbes that are there. Today they are the most nontoxic antibacterial drugs that do not cause allergies and are safe to use.
To find out what antibiotics to drink in case of a cold in this or that case, you should consult a medical specialist. For example, for the treatment of various infectious and inflammatory diseases in our time often prescribed drug Flemoxin Solutab, containing amoxicillin. In bronchitis, pharyngitis, acute tonsillitis and otitis, pneumonia and a number of other infectious and inflammatory diseases, a Suprapax preparation may be prescribed, the reception of which is necessary To conduct according to the recommendations of the doctor, tk. in the case of uncontrolled treatment of the common cold, this drug may cause adverse reactions in the form of a violation of microflora intestines. This can lead to the development of severe diarrhea or pseudomembranous colitis. An effective antimicrobial is Levomycetin, which is used for infectious diseases. Dosage of the drug and the duration of treatment, as in other cases, should be strictly established by the attending physician.
A good antibiotic for colds
Antibiotics for colds should be used if, after taking antiviral drugs in the early days of the disease, there was no improvement, especially when the patient's condition worsened: this means that, in addition to viruses, the body also attacked bacteria. Such medications are good "helpers" in ridding the human body of toxins and all sorts of pathogens microbes, but the choice of antibiotic in this or that case remains with the doctor, tk. should correspond to the indications and the flow of a specific disease. The fact is that an insufficiently strong antibacterial drug can not cope fully with complications caused by a cold or flu, and an antibiotic of "powerful" action can damage the immune system of the body.
The beginning of the use of antibiotics in medical practice dates back to 1928 and is associated with the name of the Englishman Fleming. It was he who discovered the substance "penicillin capable of leading to the death of many microbes and bacteria, and thereby made a real revolution in medicine, because since then, many previously deadly the diseases became curable: scarlet fever, pneumonia, tuberculosis, pneumonia, and the like. During the Second World War, thanks to antibiotics, doctors managed to save the lives of millions of wounded of people. To this day, these faithful "helpers" help doctors fight for the health of many patients.
A good antibiotic for a cold is a drug that is chosen in accordance with the type and course of the disease. Treatment with antibiotics should be done carefully, after consulting with a doctor who will choose the optimal drug from the four main classes of antibiotics of different action, which have proved to be effective agents in the treatment of various complications caused by bacterial infections. These classes include: penicillins (Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav, Augmentin, etc.); macrolides (Azithromycin, etc.): fluoroquinolones (Levofloxacin, Moxifloxacin, etc.); cefalosporins (Cefixime, Cefuroxime, Supraks and others).
Before you start taking any medications, it is advisable to try to cope with a mild cold, using methods and recipes of traditional medicine. For example, make inhalations, foot baths, put a compress or mustard plasters. It is necessary to increase the volume of consumed liquid, and also to expand the diet with natural vitamins, i.e. fresh fruits and vegetables. At the first signs of worsening with a cold, you should immediately go to the hospital to prevent the development of complications. In the case when a bacterial infection attacks the body, it becomes necessary to urgently "connect" the antibiotic, because in this situation, in a literal sense, it is about saving a patient's life. The patient should understand that only the attending physician can prescribe an antibacterial drug, and at the same time it is necessary to strictly observe the indicated dosage, as well as the intervals of admission. Self-medication can lead to exposure to human health of significant danger.
Antibiotics for colds can have a number of negative consequences, especially when self-medication is chosen incorrectly. Among such side effects, allergy, GI disorders, dysbacteriosis, and depression of the immune system are most common.
It should also be remembered that it is not recommended to take an antibiotic for more than 5 consecutive days, but also a reduction in the period of antibiotic treatment can lead to the fact that the infection will not be eliminated from the body, and this, in turn, will cause complications in the form of failures in the heart and kidney. If after three days the patient does not feel relief of his condition, it is necessary to ask the doctor about changing the drug to another, more effective. It should also be cautious about combining other drugs with antibiotics, in such cases it is necessary to follow the recommendations of the doctor. In no case should you take an antibiotic, the expiration date of which has expired!
A good antibiotic for colds must give positive results within three days: the patient will feel better, he will have an appetite, and unpleasant symptoms will disappear.
When treating antibiotics, it is important to take care of reducing their negative effects on the body. To this end, the doctor must assign probiotics to the patient - drugs that normalize the intestinal microflora and thereby prevent the development dysbiosis, strengthen immunity, favorably affect the work of internal organs, reducing the possibility of side effects and complications.
Antibiotics for colds for children
Antibiotics for colds should be given with extreme caution to children. Such treatment should be appointed by the attending physician, to which you need to seek advice immediately after the first signs of the disease - the occurrence of a cold in the child, cough, fever. Usually, the temperature above 3 ° C indicates that the immunity of the child tries to get rid of the virus by itself, in this case the doctor prescribes antipyretic agents. If, after 3-5 days, the baby's health does not improve, and the temperature is still high, it is recommended to start reception of the corresponding antibiotic, but only strictly according to the appointment of the pediatrician and with confirmation of the bacterial nature disease.
Antibiotics for colds for children are a serious test for a growing organism, so they should not be used immediately after the onset of symptoms of the disease. If parents believe that taking a "powerful" antibiotic is the only effective method for treating ARVI or ARI is a deep delusion! The effect of antibacterial drugs on the children's body without a special reason can be very negative, and sometimes even devastating. Not to mention the use of antibiotics to treat babies, which in itself is blasphemous. Colds should be treated with antiviral drugs, the result of which usually appears not immediately, but after a 3-5-day period. However, the febrile process in children, which is most often caused by infections of the respiratory tract of the viral type, can fluctuate within 3-7 days, and sometimes even more. It should not be mistaken to believe that antibiotics are an alternative to antitussive drugs, because cough for colds is the protective reaction of the child's organism, which usually occurs last, after the disappearance of the remaining symptoms disease. The question of prescribing the treatment of a child with antibiotics is decided by an experienced pediatrician who will assess the condition of the baby and only in case of emergency will choose the optimal drug. Parents should carefully follow all the recommendations of the doctor, including about the method of taking and dosing an antibacterial drug. It is also important not to discontinue the treatment of the child before the due date.
Some antibiotics for colds for children are strictly prohibited. First and foremost, these drugs are so called. tetracycline group (Tetracyclin, Doxycycline, Minocycline, etc.), which can disrupt the process of formation of a baby tooth enamel, as well as antibacterial drugs fluorinated quinolones, having in their names the ending floxacin" (for example, Ofloxacin, Pefloxacin), which adversely affect the formation of joints in the child cartilage. In pediatrics, also taking Levomycetin, whose action is directed to the development of aplastic anemia (the process of oppression of hematopoiesis), and can lead to a fatal outcome.
Among antibacterial drugs used in pediatrics, you can note Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Levofloxacin, Flemoxin Solutab, Moximak, Zinnat, Avelox, Amoxiclav, etc. The choice of this or that medicine depends entirely on the experience and professionalism of the child a doctor who must determine which antibiotic will be the best assistant and will benefit in treating complications after a cold in each specific case.
So, antibiotics for colds should be used to treat children only in cases of acute need. This will not lead to the desired recovery, but only exacerbate the situation, because the effect of an antibacterial drug can become destructive to the immunity of the baby, which will increase the risk of infection return.
Names of antibiotics for colds
Antibiotics for colds should be selected especially carefully, without resorting to self-medication, and having consulted a doctor who will determine the degree of complications and prescribe the most effective means. In addition, when taking antibiotics should follow these recommendations:
- in the treatment should be used only one, the most effective drug from a certain group;
- if after the first reception of the antibiotic after two days the patient's condition has not improved and the temperature has not decreased, there may be a need to change the drug;
- It is impossible to combine the antibiotic with antipyretic drugs, because they "lubricate" its effect;
- the period of antibiotic treatment should be at least 5 days, or even more. It is this length of treatment that allows the drug to fully cope with the causative agent of the infection;
- In severe cold and complications, the patient should immediately be hospitalized, and antibiotic therapy should be carried out under the supervision of the attending physician.
The names of antibiotics for colds (at least a few of them) are useful to everyone, because, in this way, a person will have at least some idea of the drug that the doctor will appoint. Antibiotics have traditionally been divided into several classes:
The penicillin class includes such names of antibiotics as Ampicillinum, Augmentin, Amoxicillinum, Amoxiclav, and others.
The most common names for the class of macrolides are Erythromycin, Azithromycin, etc. (such drugs are considered to be the most potent in the treatment of bacterial infection). The antibiotics of the fluoroquinolone class include levofloxacin and moxifloxacin, and to the class of cephalosporins - Aksetil, Cefixim (Supraks), Cefuroxime axetil and others.
The main goal in the treatment of various infectious complications caused by a cold is to assist the body effective assistance aimed at the fastest disposal of pathogens and toxic substances. For treatment to give a quick positive result, you need to make the right choice of antibiotic, and this can only be done by an experienced doctor.
It should be remembered that antibiotics for colds are not so harmless as it may seem, they can cause a number of side effects, especially if they are not used in those cases. For example, many do not understand or simply do not know that only the antiviral can cope with a viral infection of the respiratory tract drug, and begin to use antibiotics immediately when cold symptoms such as a runny nose, cough, increased temperature. This is a great misconception, because improper intake of antibiotics can cause great harm to the already weakened immunity of a person. Such drugs are needed only to treat bacterial infections, the development of which can be caused by complications of the common cold. Usually, antibiotics are prescribed if, after 4-5 days after the onset of the disease, the patient does not experience an improvement in condition or, on the contrary, it becomes worse.
Amoxiclav for colds
Antibiotics for colds should be used purposefully, depending on the condition of the patient and the features of the course of the disease. Among the common drugs used in modern medicine, a separate place is occupied by an effective antibacterial drug Amoxiclav. It has established itself as a reliable tool for treating various complications caused by colds and other adverse factors, in particular, such as the occurrence of infections after surgical operations.
Amoksiklav for colds is successfully used in modern medicine to treat so-called. "Mixed" infections, as well as to prevent possible infection of the patient during surgical intervention. Mixed type of infection is most often caused by gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, as well as by anaerobes (including strains), manifested in chronic forms of otitis, sinusitis and osteomyelitis, cholecystitis, odontogenic infections, aspiration pneumonia, various infections of the abdominal cavity, and the like.
Amoksiklav - a combination of two substances: aminopenicillin, amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which has a pronounced bactericidal effect. A detailed medical study of the microbiological properties of this preparation gives grounds to state that Amoxiclav due to the combination of the above-mentioned active substances has a depressing effect on the synthesis of bacterial walls and has a stable antibacterial effect on a host of pathogenic microorganisms: Neisseria spp., Streptococcus spp. (different groups), Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Helicobacter pylori, Moraxella catarrhalis, Acinetobacter spp., Haemophilus influenzae and many others. other
Pharmacokinetic properties of Amoxiclav indicate its pronounced advantages in comparison with other penicillins. So, after taking the drug, rapid absorption of components from the digestive tract, regardless of food intake, is observed. The maximum level of drug concentration is reached approximately 45 minutes after admission. The main way to remove the drug from the body is its release together with urine, calves, and exhaled air.
Amoxiclav for colds, due to the pronounced antimicrobial activity and unique pharmacokinetic properties, is used to treat a number of infectious diseases accompanied by inflammatory processes:
- infections of the respiratory system (in particular, acute and chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, zagrug abscess, pneumonia, etc.);
- otitis (both acute and chronic);
- infections of the skin, joints, soft tissues and bones;
- infections of the genitourinary system;
- various kinds of gynecological infections.
As for the side effects that occur when taking Amoxiclav, the drug is generally tolerated by patients normally, without any adverse reactions from the body. As a percentage, only 8-14% of the total number of patients had side effects in the form of abnormal gastrointestinal function (diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting). To avoid such side effects, it is recommended to reduce the dosage of the drug and take it during meals.
Antibiotics for colds are invaluable when there is an urgent need to resist the development of pathogenic microbes and bacterial infections. However, summing up, it is necessary to note again that the reception of antibiotics must be coordinated with a competent medical specialist. This is the only way to achieve high results in the treatment of post-cold complications and to minimize the risk of negative effects of antibacterial agents on human immunity.
Is the use of antibiotics for children coughing justified?
Catarrhal diseases very often amaze the child not yet strengthened by the body. Cope with such an unpleasant manifestation of cold as cough, can only competently selected drugs, one of which are antibiotics. But in order to ensure a positive effect, you need to know how to apply them, in which case it is appropriate.
In what cases are appointed
Can I give antibiotics to children when I cough? At once it is necessary to note, that only a doctor can prescribe antibiotics for children with cough and cold. In this case, he takes into account the severity of the disease and the age of the patient. Prescribe such medications, it can in the form of suspension, tablets or injections. Positive effects after taking an antibiotic can be expected after a lapse of 2 days.If this did not happen, then the drug should be replaced with another one.The duration of therapy should not exceed a week.
When treating children's cough with antibiotics, it is very important to choose the right drugs, and when to give antibiotics to the child when coughing. For example, it is impossible to combine antibacterial preparations of the macrolith group with antihistamine medication. In addition, drugs for liquefying phlegm are unacceptable with drugs that suppress cough.
The effect of taking antibiotics can be observed only when they inflict damage on the form of the microflora, which is the cause of the defeat of the respiratory tract accompanying the cough.
In order to understand what kind of medicine will help the baby cope with this unpleasant symptom, it is worthwhile careful diagnostics, which will necessarily include sputum analysis with further planting for sensitivity to antibiotics. With the independent treatment of cough and antibiotics, it is possible to provoke a dysbacteriosis and addiction, which as a result will lead to difficulties in the treatment of childhood cough with antibacterial therapy.
The video tells about the use of antibiotics for children with cough:
It is advisable to administer antibiotics in cases when it is known that the cause of coughing is acute or chronic pleurisy, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis. Following the rules presented, you can accurately understand when and in what situation without antibiotic in the treatment of child cough you can not do:
- Improvement of the cough does not occur after 2 weeks, that is, there is a protracted cough.
- The doctor diagnosed: Bacterial pneumonia or whooping cough.
- Manifestations of sinusitis do not pass after a lapse of 100 days or improve, but then deteriorate again.
- The baby leaves yellow-green mucus from the nose, and also when the temperature rises to 3 degrees, and it keeps for several days.
- The child has streptococcal infection, confirmed during the research. It is not necessary to prescribe antibiotic therapy until the exact presence of streptococcus is confirmed. In addition, it is very important to know the nature of this microorganism.
Read, than treat inflammation at home.
Here are the reasons why lays the ears.
Symptoms of inflammation of the middle ear in the baby: http://prolor.ru/u/simptomy-u/vospalenie-srednego-uxa.html.
For babies up to 1 year
Before assigning any specific drug, the doctor must conduct a diagnosis. In addition, antibiotic therapy for children of a certain age is different. Consider what antibiotics are allowed in the treatment of cough in patients under one year. Here is the list and title:
- Amoxicillin. This drug is part of a group of penicillins that have a wide spectrum of action. Used for coughing that occurred against the background of pneumonia, pharyngitis, otitis. Issue for children up to a year in the form of granules to obtain syrup. They must be dissolved in boiled water. For such babies, the dosage is ¼ dessert spoon. You can buy an antibiotic in a pharmacy for 150 rubles. Here you can read about the use of amoxicillin in angina in children.
- Augmentin. This preparation is available in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension. Due to the presence of the acid, Augmentin has a wide range of effects, it is used for prolonged coughing. Apply it in the treatment of the same diseases as in Amoxicillin. Do not administer to children until 3 months, otherwise it may cause allergies. The cost of the drug is 250 rubles.
- Zinatsef. This antibiotic is included in the groups of cephalosporins of the 2nd generation. Has a wide range of effects, it is indicated for pneumonia, frontal, maxillary sinusitis. Apply it only in the form of injections. Children are prescribed in a dosage of 30-100 mg weight. To perform the injection, you must first dilute the medicine with water. You can buy the drug for 130 rubles.
- Zinnat. This preparation is released in the form of granules for the preparation of a suspension. It is indicated for diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, ENT organs. Do not give patients whose age has not yet reached 3 months. For 1 kg of the baby's weight, 10 mg of the drug is needed. On the day the baby must take the medicine 2 times. The price of the drug is 200 rubles.
- Suprax. It is an effective antibiotic, cefixime, designed to treat the infection of ENT organs, bronchitis. Do not give children up to 6 months. The dosage of the drug is 2-4 ml per 1 kg of body weight. The cost of the medicine is 500 rubles.
- Ceftriaxone. The drug is part of the group of cephalosporins of the 3rd generation. Produced in the form of injections for intramuscular and intravenous administration. It is not necessary to use for cough treatment in premature and newborn children with jaundice. For children up to 2 weeks of age, the dosage is 20-50 per kg of body weight. For older children - 20-75 mg. The therapeutic course is no less than 4 days. It is worth noting that the injections are very painful. For one ampoule will have to pay 19 rubles.
For patients of this age also have their own antibiotics, which effectively fight with a cough. The most effective are:
- Sumamed Forte. In the role of the active component is azithromycin. He is a member of the Azaleid group, and therefore has a wide spectrum of action. It is prescribed for otitis media, pharyngitis, pneumonia. Do not use for children younger than 6 months. Before taking the medicine, the vial should be shaken a little, and after taking it, give the baby a drink of water. Only so it will be easier for him to swallow all the granules. Children take the drug in the amount of 10 mg per 1 kg of weight once a day. The duration of therapy is 3 days. You can buy Sumamed Forte in a pharmacy for 230 rubles.
- Suprax- a drug that can be taken not only babies, but also older children. After 2 years, he is prescribed 5 ml each, and the dosage is divided into 2-3 doses. Granules must be diluted in boiled water.
- Flemoxin Solutab. Amoxicillin acts as an active component. Babies at the age of 2-3 years take the drug in an amount of 250 mg 3 times a day. The cost of an antibiotic is 250 rubles. Here the treatment of angina with the help of Flemoxin Solutab is described.
For those who are older
For older children, antibiotics in the treatment of cough are presented in a wider range, because such patients are already able to take tablets form antibacterial drugs.
This form of the drug for children is considered the most convenient and tasty. Antibiotics in the treatment of cough in children can be sold in the finished version or in the form of a powder for the preparation of syrup. When taking the medicine, it is very important to strictly observe the dosage indicated in the instructions or prescribed by the doctor.
For the treatment of cough in older children, the pediatrician can prescribeAugmentin. You can buy the drug in powder form. Antibiotic refers to a combination of drugs that have a wide range of effects. It contains components such as amoxicillin and clavulanate. The first of these is considered universal, since it can affect a variety of microbes. As for clavulence, it does not allow microbes to reproduce.
Very actively for the treatment of cough in children in the elderly is usedSumamed, presented in the form of a powder. It also has a wide range of effects, and in the role of the active component, it is azithromycin. The main advantage of this medication is that it can not only kill microbes, but also prevent them from multiplying in the future. Use Sumammed is necessary only if the weight of the baby has reached 10 kg.
To treat cough in older children can use antibacterial drugs in the form of tablets.Assign them to children, whose age is more than 4 years, since they can already swallow independently.But such drugs, as a rule, have a bitter taste, so it is necessary to resort to small tricks so that the baby agrees to accept them. For example, the tablet is ground, and the resulting powder is mixed with honey or jam, which interrupt any bitterness.
In such a situation, when the benefits of therapy exceed possible harm, the doctor can prescribe the drug Flemoxin Solutab.
Amoxicillin trihydrate acts as the main component. The antibiotic has a wide range of effects, and it is prescribed for the treatment of a cough caused by diseases of the upper respiratory tract. The necessary dose of medicine is prescribed by the doctor, taking into account the severity and nature of the ailment. Since Flemoxin has bitterness, the tablet of the drug must be dissolved in the juice.
The next effective cough drug isBiseptol. It is often prescribed for the treatment of colds in children. In the role of the main component are sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. Thanks to these elements, the antibiotic becomes a combined antimicrobial medication. Has a wide range of influence. It can be used by children from the age of 3, but in some cases it can be prescribed to patients from 2 years of age.
Treating a child's cough is a very important process, especially when it comes to choosing an antibiotic. The main mistake of many doctors is the use of antibacterial drugs in such cases when it is possible to do with other medications. For this reason, the baby must pass all the tests, and only then the doctor will be able to determine the appropriateness of prescribing antibacterial therapy. For cough treatment, children also use dry infant cough medicine, compresses from children's cough, here you will find instructions on how to use chest cough.
Antibiotics for colds and flu: what's better for adults
People with medical education know for certain that antibiotics for colds and flu are ineffective, and they are not cheap and harmful.
And doctors in polyclinics and those who have just finished medical high school know it.
Nevertheless, antibiotics are prescribed for colds, and some patients recommend these medications for the prevention of infections.
With a common cold without antibiotics, it's best to get by. The patient must ensure:
- bed rest;
- abundant drinking;
- balanced nutrition with a high content of vitamins and minerals in food;
- if necessary, effective antipyretic tablets or injections;
- inhalation and rinsing of the nose;
- rubbing and compresses (only in the absence of temperature).
Perhaps, these procedures can treat cold treatment and limit it. But some patients persistently ask their doctor for a good antibiotic or a cheaper analogue.
It happens even worse, a sick person, in view of the fact that he does not have time to visit a polyclinic, begins self-treatment. The benefits of pharmacies in large cities today are every 200 meters. Such open access to medicines, as in Russia, is not found in any civilized state.
But for the sake of justice it should be noted that many pharmacies began to dispense antibiotics of a wide range of actions only on the prescription of a doctor. However, if you wish, you can always pity the pharmacist, referring to a severe illness or find a drugstore, which is much more important than the health of people.
Therefore, antibiotics for colds can be purchased without a prescription.
When should you take antibiotics for ARI and the flu?
In most cases, the common cold has a viral etiology, and viral infections are not treated with antibiotics. Tablets and injections of a wide spectrum of action are prescribed only in those cases when an attenuated organism has an infection that can not be defeated without antibacterial drugs. Such an infection can develop:
- in the nasal cavity;
- in the mouth;
- in bronchi and trachea;
- in the lungs.
In this situation, antibiotics for flu and cold are needed.Laboratory methods of research, according to which you can judge the need to take antibacterial drugs, are not always appointed. Often polyclinics save sputum and urine on crops, explaining their policy by the fact that it is too expensive.
Exceptions are swabs taken from the nose and throat with sore throat on Lefler's wand (causative agent of diphtheria), selective crops urine in diseases of the urinary tract and selective seeding of the detachable tonsils, which are taken for chronic tonsillitis.
Patients undergoing treatment in the hospital are much more likely to obtain laboratory confirmation of microbial infection. Changes in the clinical blood test are indirect signs of bacterial inflammation. Having received the results of the analysis, the doctor can proceed from the following indicators:
- number of leukocytes;
- an increase in segmented and stab-shaped leukocytes (a shift of the leukocyte formula to the left).
And yet antibiotics for colds doctors appoint very often. Here is an example of this, which is taken from the results of testing one child's medical institution. 420 outpatient cards of small patients from 1 to 3 years were analyzed. In 80% of cases, doctors diagnosed children with ARI, ARVI; acute bronchitis - 16%; otitis - 3%; pneumonia and other infections - 1%.
With pneumonia and bronchitis antibacterial therapy was prescribed in 100% of cases, but in 80% it was prescribed for both acute respiratory infections and inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
And this despite the fact that the vast majority of doctors understand perfectly well that it is unacceptable to use antibiotics without infectious complications.
Why do doctors still prescribe antibiotics against influenza and colds? This happens for a number of reasons:
- reinsurance due to the early age of children;
- administrative settings;
- preventive measures to reduce complications;
- lack of desire to visit assets.
How can complications be determined without tests?
A doctor can determine by eye that an infection has become a cold:
- the color of the discharge from the nose, ears, eyes, bronchi and pharynx from transparent changes to dull yellow or poisonous-green;
- when a bacterial infection is attached, a second rise in temperature is usually observed, this is typical for pneumonia;
- the urine of the patient becomes cloudy, a sediment can be observed in it;
- in fecal masses there is pus, mucus or blood.
Complications that may occur after ARI are determined by the signs below.
- The situation is this: a person had an acute respiratory viral infection or a cold and was already recovering, when suddenly the temperature jumped to 39, increased cough, there was pain in the chest and shortness of breath - all these signs signal that there is a high probability of development pneumonia.
- If you suspect a sore throat and diphtheria, the temperature rises, throat pains intensify, tonsils appear on the tonsils, and lymph nodes increase on the neck.
- With an average otitis fluid is released from the ear, when pressing on the tragus in the ear there is a strong pain.
- Symptoms of sinusitis are manifested in this way: the patient has completely lost his sense of smell; In the forehead area there are severe pains that are worse when the head is tilted; the voice becomes nasal.
What antibiotics to drink for a cold?
Many patients ask the therapist this question. Antibiotics for colds should be selected, based on the following factors:
- localization of infection;
- the patient's age (for adults and children, his list of drugs);
- individual drug tolerance;
- the state of the immune system.
Sometimes broad-spectrum antibiotics are recommended for use against uncomplicated acute respiratory diseases.
Against some diseases of the blood: aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis.
With obvious signs of weakened immunity:
- a subfebrile condition;
- catarrhal and viral diseases more than five times a year;
- chronic inflammatory and fungal infections;
- congenital pathologies of the immune system;
- oncological diseases.
Children up to 6 months:
- against vaginal rickets;
- against lack of weight;
- against various malformations.
Taking antibiotics for colds is recommended for the following indications:
- Bacterial angina requires treatment with macrolides or penicillins.
- Purulent lymphadenitis is treated with a wide spectrum of action.
- Acute bronchitis, exacerbation of its chronic form, and laryngotracheitis bronchoectatic disease will require the appointment of macrolides. But it's better to do a chest X-ray, which will exclude pneumonia.
- With an acute average otitis, the doctor after the otoscopy makes a choice between cephalosporins and macrolides.
Azithromycin is an antibiotic for colds and fluAzithromycin (another name Azimed) is an antibacterial preparation with a wide spectrum of action. The active substance of the drug is directed against protein synthesis of sensitive microorganisms. Azithromycin is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. Peak action of the drug occurs two to three hours after admission.
Azithromycin is rapidly distributed in biological fluids and tissues. Before you start taking pills it is better to test for the sensitivity of the microflora that provoked the disease. Adult Azithromycin should be taken once a day for an hour before meals or three hours after it.
- In case of infections of the respiratory tract, skin and soft tissues, a single dose of 500 mg is given on the first day of admission, and for three days the patient takes Azithromycin 250 mg per day.
- Against acute urinary tract infections, the patient should once take three tablets of Azithromycin once.
- Against the initial stage of Lyme disease, one tablet is also administered once.
- With gastric infections caused by Helicobacter pylori, for three days the patient should take a single dose of three to four tablets.
The form of the drug - tablets (capsules) of 6 pieces per package (blister).
Other antimicrobial agents
If the patient does not have an allergic reaction to penicillin, antibiotics for influenza can be prescribed from a semi-synthetic penicillin series (Amoxicillin, Solutab, Flemoxin). In the presence of severe resistant infections, doctors prefer "protected penicillins that is, those that consist of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid, here is their list:
With angina this treatment is best.
Names of preparations cephalosporin series:
- Ixim Lupine.
- Cefuroxime axetil.
In mycoplasmal, chlamydial pneumonia or infectious diseases of ENT organs, the following medicines are prescribed:
In addition, it is possible to use antiviral drugs that are inexpensive but effective in treatment, which suggests an integrated approach to influenza therapy.
The problem is that most pharmaceutical companies in the pursuit of profit now and then throw out into the wide sales network more and more new antibacterial agents. But most of these drugs for the time being could be in stock.
Antibiotics, influenza, cold - what conclusions can be drawn?
So, from all that has been said above, we can conclude that antibiotics should be prescribed only for bacterial infection. Influenza and the common cold are 90% viral, so with these diseases, taking medications antibacterial group not only will not bring benefits, but can provoke a number of side effects, eg:
- decreased immune response;
- oppression of kidney and liver function;
- imbalance of intestinal microflora;
- allergic reactions.
The administration of these drugs for the prevention of viral-bacterial infections is unacceptable. To take aggressive medications, which are antibiotics, is possible only in extreme cases, when there are all the indications.
The main criteria for the effectiveness of treatment with antibacterial drugs include the following changes:
- relief of the general condition of the patient;
- decreased body temperature;
- disappearance of symptoms of the disease.
If this does not happen, then the medicine needs to be replaced by another one. To determine the effectiveness of the drug from the beginning of treatment should take three days. Uncontrolled use of antibacterial medicines leads to a disruption of the resistance of microorganisms.
In other words, the human body begins to get used to antibiotics and each time demand more aggressive medications. In this case, the patient will have to prescribe not one drug, but two or even three.
All you need to know about antibiotics is in the video in this article.
What antibiotics for cold and flu can take - the names and composition
Consider antibiotics for colds and flu, the names and actions of some of them will be described below. Before you buy anything from these medications, you should consult your doctor. The diseases under consideration are provoked by viral infections.
The main symptoms of the disease include:
- high body temperature (above 38 ° C);
- irritation of mucous membranes;
- a sore throat;
- dry cough;
- aches and pains;
- burning and dry eyes.
In most cases, the body is able to resist the common cold. Antibiotics can be used in the severe course of the disease.Correct and timely treatment contributes to the elimination of the above symptoms in 7 days.
The doctor determines the therapy and stage of the disease. When using antibacterial therapy, it is necessary to follow the doctor's recommendations. You can not do self-medication, because different types of antibiotics counteract the corresponding strains of microorganisms.
In the treatment of inflammation of the nasopharynx, drugs containing penicillin ("Amoxilav "Augmentin "Amoxicillin") are taken. With inflammation of the bronchi and lungs, cephalosporins ("Cefuroxime "Suprax") are used. Antibiotics against influenza and colds differ in composition and pharmacological effect. It is preliminary recommended to know the purpose of each drug.
Main classificationBelow are the types and names of antibiotics for colds and flu. They are divided into the following groups:
- Penicillin series ("Ampicillin "Etherillin "Amoxicillin") is used to treat infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy. The advantage of this group is its low toxicity. To adverse reactions include an allergy and a dysbacteriosis. The drugs under consideration act on the membrane of bacterial cells, destroying them. Penicillins are used intramuscularly, since the active substance is destroyed under the influence of gastric juice.
- Cephalosporins of wide action ("Cefalexin "Cefazolin "Cefotaxime "Ceftriaxone"). Preparations of this group cause allergies, having a negative impact on the work of the kidneys. They are administered intramuscularly. "Cefalexin" can be bought in a pharmacy in the form of a syrup.
- Macrolides ("Erythromycin "Azithromycin "Vilprafen"). This group affects the ability of bacteria to multiply. Antibiotics are used for inflammation of the ears, throat. Macrolides are capable of destroying microbes that penetrate into human cells. These drugs are effective in the treatment of atypical pneumonia.
- Fluoroquinolones ("Levofloxacin "Ciprofloxacin "Norfloxacin") effectively combat infectious diseases of the respiratory system, otitis, cystitis. Penetrating into the cell of the microbe, they destroy its genetic structure.
- Tetracycline group - is used for bronchitis, angina, pneumonia. With their long-term use or overdose, side effects such as anemia, anorexia, candidal stomatitis may occur.
Rules for taking medicationApplying antibiotics against influenza and ARVI should consult a doctor. Then the patient undergoes a complete examination. You can not simultaneously take several different antibiotics or antipyretics with antibiotics.
It is recommended to exclude milk and dairy products from the diet of the patient. Otherwise, the activity of the substance will decrease. The course of treatment is an average of 5-7 days.
In case of severe illness it is necessary to treat a patient in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
If therapy is carried out at home, then before using medication, you need to study the instructions. In consultation with a doctor, the patient should report on the current chronic diseases of the liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract. If the patient's condition has not changed within 3 days, then the antibiotic is replaced by another analog.
To treat flu and cold in children under 3 years of age and pregnant women is necessary after consulting a doctor. This is due to the fact that some antibiotics can adversely affect the development of the fetus. Effective treatment with the least harm to the future mother and child can be prescribed only by a doctor. Tetracyclines are strictly contraindicated for children, pregnant women and breastfeeding women. They adversely affect the formation of teeth and skeleton, contributing to the development of allergies in children.
At the first stage of the course of catarrhal diseases, antibiotics are not accepted, since they are intended for the treatment of bacterial, and not viral infection. At the first sign of a cold, the patient should be isolated (or put on a gauze bandage) from the rest of the family. It is necessary to ensure the ventilation of the premises and plenty of drink. In this case, antiviral, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, local antiseptic, antipyretic, mucolytic drugs may be prescribed.
Features of cephalosporinsAgainst the flu, "Amoxicilin "Amoxilav "Ofloxacin "Ceftriaxone" are prescribed. The latter drug belongs to the antibiotic group of cephalosporins. It is available as a powder for intravenous and intramuscular injections, directly affecting the bacteria, destroying their membrane. The solution is well absorbed into the blood, easily penetrating the respiratory tract, skin and soft tissues.
"Ceftriaxone" refers to broad-spectrum antibiotics. Among other indications of the disease of the respiratory tract, pneumonia, lung abscess. Contraindications are intolerance of the components, as well as intolerance to other antibiotics of this group.
Be wary appoint children, especially infants. It is necessary to closely monitor the condition of patients with chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver, gall bladder. In liver diseases it is necessary to monitor the percentage of the drug in the blood plasma..
Dosage of the drug is selected individually, taking into account the characteristics of the organism of each patient individually. Antibiotics are effective in combating bacterial infections, with complicated course of colds. These drugs are recommended to take only under the supervision of a specialist and for its strict purpose.
What antibiotic to drink from flu and cold?
Antibiotics are designed to fight bacteria and therefore their use should be limited to the treatment and prevention of various bacterial infections. Infection of the infection is different and therefore the treatment of each case of the disease must come from a real picture of the disease. The culprits of most cases of colds, for example, are viruses, against which antibiotics are absolutely powerless, but as the disease progresses to a viral infection is attached bacterial and therefore in this case antibiotics can be used (in the event that the high temperature is kept more than 3 days). Amoxicillin, Erythromycin and many others. other antibiotics can help with the attachment of a bacterial infection. You Arbidol need to start drinking, use more liquid.
From the flu, no appointment, because it is not effective!
For cold, drink water and paracetamol!
Arbidol, remantadine, their doctor immediately prescribes, although it does not seem to be an antibiotic. In the pharmacy should advise.
arbidol-excellent helps, axolin ointment - nose smear
Hungry for 2 days drink only water and everything will pass
Try Amoxicillin for 0.5 4 times a day. The first dose is 1.0 - shock.
If there is a homeopathic pharmacy there ask, there are directly miracle means, if there are no such pharmacies, then in usual buy Aflubin and according to the instructions actively, every 4 hours, drink drops.
And in the nose of IRS19.
If you can not do without antibiotics, then I would choose sumamed. New, modern, all collateral are kept to a minimum, and the course only three days. Action prolonged. Even my homeopathic doctor, although categorically against antibiotics, says that if you still have to take it, it's better that you do not have sumamed.
The best antibiotic is a plant, for example Po Arco, without side effects and cluttering up the body with all sorts of rubbish.
Antibiotics from viruses do not help, only from their complications. If you recently fell ill-Ingavirin according to the scheme in the instructions
Antibiotics for viruses do not work.
It is necessary to drink antiviral drugs, doctors probably will laugh but fiz solution intravenously drip on 500 ml every day of day 4 not bad helps.
Well and so with antibiotics Ciproflox, Augmentin quite good ...
Big girls do not cry
no antibiotics for flu and cold are not prescribed. these diseases cause viruses, against which antibiotics are powerless.
Biseptol is generally a quiet horror. he has not been appointed for 100 years.
I join the answer above, antibiotics against viruses are useless, they will not lower the temperature, nor will the symptoms be removed. I drink Amiksin in such cases, quickly puts on his feet, there are no side effects.