Vision is the most important ability of the human body to perceive the surrounding world. More than 80% of the information we get through the eyes.From the health of the eyes in childhood affects the development of the child, for the elderly it is also safety (at home and on the street). And in general, seeing gives the opportunity to see the world in all colors and receive from this great pleasure, without which our life will be dull and gloomy. But, unfortunately, we understand this mainly when there are any visual disturbances.
How to improve vision? What means can help restore visual acuity?
- 1Causes of abnormalities
- 2.2.1What vitamins are needed first to correct vision?
- 2.2.2Products for improving vision
- 2.2.3Preparations for the improvement of vision
- 2.3Laser correction
- 2.4Operations to replace the lens
Causes of abnormalities
The problem of reducing vision is very relevant all over the world.
There are a number of reasons that affect visual function.Impairment of visual acuity may be due to genetic predisposition or to be the result of exposure to some external factors. If both parents encountered this problem, the likelihood of developing a similar visual impairment in their child is very high.
Most often, a combination of several causes leads to a decrease in visual acuity.
It is accepted to distinguish 3 main groups of visual impairment:
- congenital(a consequence of intrauterine growth disorders);
- hereditary(due to genetic nature);
- acquired(arise as a result of injuries, common diseases and the impact of negative factors).
The most common ophthalmic problems are:
- Hyperopia (hypermetropia).
These diseases can be caused by one factor, and a combination of several causes at the same time. In addition, recently the number of patients with cataract and glaucoma has increased.
Glaucoma is a very dangerous disease. If you do not start treatment in time, then complete blindness will occur.
Factors contributing to impaired vision:
- mental overstrain;
- heavy physical activity;
- long-term visual work (reading, working with a monitor);
- constant stress;
- smoking and alcohol;
- violation of visual hygiene (poor lighting, incorrect position during work, etc.);
- non-observance of the recommendations of an ophthalmologist, for example, refusal to wear glasses;
- toxic poisoning of the body;
- infectious diseases of the eyes;
- inflammation of the organs of vision;
- exposure to bright light and UV rays;
- trauma to the eyes, face and skull;
- chronic diseases of the body (autoimmune, cardiovascular);
- impaired cerebral circulation;
- age changes.
Under the influence of the above factors, the following eye disorders develop on the body:
- inability of the organ of vision to focus a clear image on the retina;
- dystrophic lesions of the retina;
- Vascular dystrophy;
- degenerative changes in the eyeball and cornea;
- impaired circulation of the eyes;
- change in the structure of liquid media;
- atrophy and degenerative processes of the optic nerve;
- violation of communication of the eye with the brain.
Without proper treatment, such violations can lead to an absolute or partial loss of vision.
The eye muscles and the lens are living biological tissues, so their work can be influenced by improving their condition.
Modern ophthalmology has in its arsenal of many tools and methods for restoring vision.
important In the early stages, this can be easily effected with gymnastics for the eyes, vitamins and medications, in more severe cases, surgical operations and laser correction come to the rescue.
Knowing how to improve vision, you can use them for both prevention and treatment of beginning visual disturbances.
The main tasks during the restoration of vision are:
- training of the eye muscles;
- withdrawal of spasm;
- relaxation of accommodative muscles;
- high-grade food;
- elimination of toxins.
Gymnastics for the eyes is a complex of exercises that tense and relax the muscles of accommodation. What exercises can be done to train the eye muscles?
- Smooth glances in different directions (pupils move).
- Rotations of pupils (10 times per side).
- The pupils move diagonally.
- Describing the pupils of eights (vertical and horizontal).
- Blinking eyes.
- Reinforced blinking.
Examples of other exercises:
- Put a circle of dark paper on the window glass.Go to the window, look first at the circle, then at some remote object outside the window. Alternate glances several times.
- Do a 10-minute palming.
- Cover your eyelids and massage lightly with your fingertips from the superciliary arches to the nose and to the temples, then under the lower eyelids.
Such exercises can help improve eyesight with a small myopia in 1-2 weeks. The main rule is the regularity of their implementation. Also, these exercises are well helped with excessive eye fatigue
Gymnastics for the eyes well combined with vitamin therapy. Great benefit such a tandem will bring as a preventive measure.
Vitamins for the eyes can be pharmaceutical and home.Ready-made balanced complexes are offered in pharmacies. Homemade vitamins are freshly squeezed juices (vegetable, fruit), as well as green cocktails (herbal smoothies).
What vitamins are needed first to correct vision?
- Vitamin A (retinol)Is the main vitamin of vision, which forms the synthesis of rhodopsin, providing the ability to see.
- Carotenoids- protect the visual cells from antioxidants, which is especially important for active users of the computer, iPhone, TV.
- Vitamin C (all known ascorbic)- strengthens the walls of blood vessels, supports the blood supply and nutrition of the cells of the eye.
- Vitamins of group B -build up metabolism and thereby speed up the recovery of damaged cells.
- Vitamin E- strengthens cells, accelerates blood circulation.
- Vitamin D- provides a clear image on the retina of the eye.
In addition to vitamins, eye health requires micronutrients:
- Zinc- supports the lens and eye muscles in good condition, prevents cataracts.
- Selenium- responsible for the accuracy of the image.
Products for improving vision
Any product contains any useful substances - vitamins, enzymes, enzymes, essential acids. But there are a number of products in which exactly those useful substances that are needed to maintain good vision are hidden. We list the main of them:
- Blueberry.Contains flavonoids, which dilate blood vessels, provide nutrition to the eye cells, accelerate their regeneration.
- Citrus (especially lemon)- a storehouse of vitamin C. Improves blood circulation and condition of capillaries.
- Cedar oil- a whole vitamin complex.
To maintain a good vision, a carotenoid is very much needed, which is not synthesized in the human body. This substance is found in green peas, persimmons, carrots, pumpkin flesh.
Preparations for the improvement of vision
Vitamins to improve visual acuity are released in the form of tablets and drops for the eyes. The latter provide rapid penetration of the drug into the eye tissues.
The most effective drops for improving vision:
These eye drops are designed for different cases of visual impairment, therefore they should be used only for the purpose of the ophthalmologist. Eyes - a very sensitive organ, and self-treatment here only harm.
Eye preparations in the form of capsules and tablets:
- Will direct;
- Lutein complex;
Laser vision correction is a unique method that allows to restore good vision, relieving people suffering from myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism from wearing optics.
At this stage, this is the most advanced direction of ophthalmology, which has proven itself as the safest and most effective method of restoring vision.
With any kind of visual impairment, the image of the surrounding objects is focused incorrectly: that is, not on the retina of the eye.The essence of laser correction is to change the shape of the cornea so that the image falls exclusively on the retina of the eye.
Pros of laser vision correction:
- universality (used for all types of visual impairment);
- any age of the patient;
- the speed of the operation;
- rapid recovery of vision;
- predictability and stability of the operation results.
There are various techniques for laser vision correction. But the main and most relevant are:
- Super LASIK- the most common operation today in the world. It is performed according to the parameters of each patient, so it gives the best results.
- LASIK- the basic technique, which gave impetus to the development of laser correction of sight all over the world (does not take into account the individual structure of the patient's cornea).
In addition, there are methods that differ from the basic method by any details. Among them:
- Femto LASIK.
- Femto Super LASIK;
- Presby LASIK;
- PRK or PRK;
Operations to replace the lens
The lens of the eye is a transparent body, located behind the iris. This is a natural lens that plays the "first violin" in a light refractor. It is the lens that ensures the clarity of the image.
Replacement of the lens is necessary in case of turbidity or other degenerative changes in the organ of vision. It's nothing more than a cataract of the eye.
Intervention is performed under local anesthesia for no more than 20 minutes.The level of complexity is due to the degree of clouding of the lens and the stage of cataract development. During the intervention, the clouded lens is removed, and in its place, ophthalmologists implant an artificial implant - the intraocular lens.
Stages of the operation:
- Doing a notch.
- Removal of the anterior wall of the lens.
- The destruction of the nucleus of the lens by means of ultrasound.
- Removal of masses.
- Installation of the implant.
Usually such operation passes without complications.The recovery period lasts about a month. Sometimes there may be some problems in patients with severe, neglected stages of cataract. Restoration of visual functions after a successful operation occurs rather quickly.On the second day after surgery, the patient can already walk along the street in sunglasses, lead a familiar lifestyle, albeit with some physical limitations.
Such interventions include:
- Mechanical phakofragmentation.
- Ultrasonic phacoemulsification.
The method of phacoemulsification is the standard of the world ophthalmic surgery. This technique gives a minimum number of complications and at times reduces the probability of rejection of an artificial lens. The implant perfectly takes root even in the elderly.
Eyes should be protected from childhood, explaining to children the norms of the regime when reading and working with the monitor and the rules of care for the organs of vision.In most cases it is easier to prevent the development of negative processes than to treat them. Ophthalmologists around the world are therefore strongly recommended to create favorable conditions for work, to avoid negative influences and to protect their eyes from harmful factors.