How to take Lindas cough syrup
A cold can appear at any time, no one is immune from it. Often it is accompanied by coughing attacks, which without timely intervention can go into severe form. Therefore, when choosing a remedy for its treatment, it is necessary to take into account that it is not easy to act on the cough itself, but also effectively eliminate the cause of its occurrence. One of the effective drugs is Linkas. This tool is in the form of syrup or lozenges. They can be treated as adults and children.
How does the instruction for the cough syrup for Linkas children look like in this article.
There are three varieties of this syrup: normal, Lincas without sugar (intended for people suffering from diabetes) and Plus Ekspectorant (containing a shock dose of expectorants).
They are slightly different in composition, the basis of each of them are natural components:
Liquorice root, which contains flavone glycosides, glycyrrhizic acid together with potassium and calcium salts, vitamins and essential oils. Its compounds act on the sick organism as anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antioxidant and immunostimulating substances;
- Nightshade yellowishis valuable in the content of vitamin C, mucopolysaccharide and steroidal alkaloids. It softens the cough, has an anti-allergic effect on the body and stimulates the rapid withdrawal of sputum from the respiratory system.
- Flowers of marshmallowcontain pectin, fatty oils, asparagine, lecithin, starch, phytosterol, mineral salts, polysaccharides and sugar. The natural compounds of this plant envelop the mucous membranes with an invisible film and protect them from irritation.
- AdhadotaVascular includes essential oil compositions, alkaloids and useful vitamins. Thanks to them, it has expectorant action, which increases the motor reflexes of the epithelium receptors, accelerates the production of sputum and improves the activity of the alveolar cells. It is also able to relieve the contractions of the bronchi and facilitate breathing. In this case, prevent the manifestation of asthma.
- Fruits and rhizomes of long pepperthey have vitamins of group "B alkaloid piperine and carotene. The plant itself can have antiseptic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects on the sick body.
- Basilhas ascorbic acid, glycosides, fiber, tannins, phytoncides and flavonoids. Therefore, it has antiseptic, anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effects. Increases the activity of a depleted organism and normalizes breathing.
- Cordy broadleafacts on the diseased organ, as an antispasmodic and analgesic.
- Flowers of violets fragrantcontain phenolic carboxylic acids, triglycerides, fatty oils, alkaloids and leucoanthocyanides. It acts soothing and antipyretic, softens the cough and stimulates rapid withdrawal of phlegm.
All active ingredients of Linkas consist of dry extracts of natural plants and do not contain synthetic chemicals.They are aimed at treating cough, removing symptoms of the disease and eliminating its causes.The following are the auxiliary tools:
- purified water;
- peppermint oil and cloves;
- propyl parahydroxybenzoate.
This article describes how to get rid of cough during pregnancy.
All components of the syrup provide complex treatment. Linkas is able to calm and soften the cough, remove swelling and inflammation on the bronchial mucosa, improve immunity. It dissolves phlegm, makes it less viscous and promotes its quicker removal from the respiratory system.
Syrup "Lincas" is prescribed for inflammatory processes of the respiratory system, which occur with a complex mucus compartment. It is used as an independent agent, and in conjunction with other drugs.
In his testimony to use is listed:
- dry cough, which is accompanied by stiff seizures;
- when pneumonia he goes in duo with an antibiotic;
- with various inflammatory processes occurring in the respiratory tract;
- from a cough during the flu, ARI and ARVI.
For what reason there is a cough and vomiting after eating, you can learn from this article.
Syrup "Linkas" is taken orally. It should not be diluted and washed down with water. The medicine is consumed regardless of the meal. Duration of admission depends on the severity of the disease, the dose of the drug is prescribed by the doctor individually to each patient.What to do when there is a severe perspiration in the throat and dry cough, you can learn from the article.
What to do when there is a prolonged dry cough in an adult is indicated here.
Than to treat a dry cough and what preparations, it is possible to learn or find out from clause or article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/protivokashlevye-preparaty-pri-suxom.html
Treatment of children
This syrup is not recommended for children under the age of six months. This is due to the lack of clinical studies in this age group, so there is no guarantee of safety. The only contraindication for this drug is individual sensitivity to one of the components of the drug.
For effective treatment, Linkas should be taken to children 15 minutes before meals or the same time after meals. It is better to maintain equal intervals of time.Do not give it to the child right before going to sleep, so that the coming out phlegm does not prevent him from sleeping.For children, the course of treatment should not exceed seven days. Most often, the result will be visible already on the third day. If no improvement is observed after a week of applying the syrup, then replace it with another remedy, having consulted a doctor beforehand.
From this article you can learn how to treat a very dry cough.
- crumbs from 6 months and up to three years of age - half an hour. spoons two to three times a day;
- children from three to eight years - 1 teaspoonful. three times a day;
- children from 8 to 12 years - one hour. spoon four times.
It is not necessary to zealous and exceed these indicators, it is possible to cause an allergic reaction with an overdose.
There is also Lincas in the pastilles. He is appointed to children who have reached the age of five. They remove the perspiration in the throat and have the same properties as the syrup. Pastilles can not be chewed or swallowed immediately. It must be kept in the mouth and wait for complete dissolution.
What symptoms of a smoker's cough may be indicated in the article.
The dosage of this drug for children and adults is the same - from three to six lozenges per day. If necessary, people of adulthood can increase the number to 8 pieces.
Application for adults
In the treatment, the recommended dose is 10 ml, this is about two hours. spoons at a time. It is necessary to repeat the reception of the medicine four times a day. In some cases, at the initial stage of the disease, it is practiced to apply the medicine six times a day. And when the condition improves, go to the recommended number of receptions. With a decrease in cough, they can be reduced.
Pregnant women and women during lactation drug is appointed if the probable benefit from its use is higher than the threat to the fetus or baby.
How to treat perspiration in the throat and cough, you can learn from this article.
- Elvira, 32 years old:"The eldest daughter always treated for cough with proven means, but when the youngest son appeared. Faced with the fact that their crumbs up to three years can not be used. The pediatrician ordered us Lincas syrup. For me it was a new tool, and I did not know about its operation. Therefore, buying this medicine, asked the pharmacist how often it is bought, and whether it is effective for one-year-olds. She said that she heard only positive feedback from customers. I was relieved to give it to my children. Maximum after three days they cough began to subside, and the fifth and completely gone. To the bottle with syrup was attached a measuring cup, with which it was very convenient to pour doses for each child separately. According to the instructions, the medicine can be used for children from the age of six months, whose cough was accompanied by difficult-to-separate sputum. It can be purchased at the pharmacy without a prescription. The volume of the bottle is 90 ml. "
- Galina, 26 years old:"When I get sick I'm used to using an inhaler, but my daughter prefers sweet syrups to them. Therefore, when she again fell ill, I acquired Linkas. He has a sweet and vegetable taste, the child drinks with pleasure. And I am satisfied that it contains natural herbal ingredients. The cost is acceptable, of course, there are cheaper analogues on sale, but I did not want to test fate. The daughter is prone to allergies, but this drug was taken without any problems. Syrup bought twice already, always as prescribed by a doctor. The effect of its effect on the cough was pleased. The child did not get used to it. Absolute sputum removal within the first four days. "
- Larisa, 39 years old: "If someone in the house gets sick, then the kids immediately pick up the baton. Therefore, I always give preference to the means that can be taken by the whole family. Because usually viral diseases occur in all my household members equally. In a drugstore, I was advised somehow by an inexpensive herbal cough medicine called Lincas. And here already two years at us any disease connected with a dry cough does not pass or take place without participation of this medicine. It is an excellent expectorant. Usually, I take it together with other medications: outdoor walks, inhalations and a generous warm drink with raspberry jam or honey. And every time the disease receded after a week. This syrup has a pleasant mint flavor and a greenish tinge. It is easy to drink and does not cause a cloying aftertaste. "
- Oksana, 33 years old:"In the children's polyclinic, waiting for their turn, they read posters on the walls with their little son and saw the description of Linkas. After that, I asked the doctor about his application, and he said that our cough remedy will be cured at a time. It turned out to be right for one hundred percent. This miracle - the syrup contains many useful herbs, from the complex use of which the cough takes place on the third day. Syrup saves my baby even with asthmatic signs of suffocation. Makes his breath free. Cough decreases after the third dose of medicine. I recommend it to all moms! "
Linkas - all about the preparation
Dosage forms of the release:"Linkas" [English name LINKUS] - syrup, a capacity of 90 ml; pastilles in blisters, 8 pieces each.
Composition:"Linkas" in syrup is a brown liquid, including dry herbal extracts, in particular (per 10 ml):
- leaves of vascular adhatodes (lat. Adhatoda vasica Ness.) - 600 mg;
- the root of bare licorice (lat. Glycyrrhiza glabra) - 75 mg;
- flowers of fragrant violets (lat. Viola odorata) - 25 mg;
- roots and fruits of long pepper (lat. Piper longum) - 100 mg;
- flowers of althea medicinal (lat. Althaea officinalis) - 100 mg;
- fruits of broad-leaved cord (lat. Cordia latifolia) - 100 mg;
- leaves of hyssop officinalis (lat. Hyssopus officinalis) - 50 mg;
- roots and rhizomes of alpinia galanga (lat. Alpinia galanga) - 50 mg;
- flowers and leaves of the onosomal bracteal (lat. Onosma bracteatum Wall) - 100 mg;
- the fruits of the present (Lat. Ziziphus jujuba Mill) - 100 mg.
As auxiliary substances in the manufacture of syrup used: peppermint oil, oil cloves, citric acid, glycerin, sucrose, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propylene glycol.
Linkas: Indications for use
Being a combined phytotherapeutic herbal preparation, "Linkas" has an effective expectorant and antitussive action, having also an excellent bactericidal effect. Accordingly, "Linkas" is used in combination with other drugs for diseases that are typical wet cough - acute and chronic bronchitis; laryngitis; tracheitis; flu; pneumonia; bronchial asthma and the like.
The action of Linkas
Each of the extracts included in the syrup "Linkas has an individual effect on the body, however, the composition and their relationships have been developed so thoroughly that a sufficiently effective effect is achieved in the complex.
Virtually all components have an expectorant effect due to dilution of sputum and facilitating its withdrawal from the body, respectively, and reduces the wet cough. In addition, when taking the drug, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial effects are achieved, as well as a general tonic effect.
In particular, if we talk about each component separately, then the vascular adhocate acts as bronchodilator, spasmolytic and expectorant actions, being also antitussive drug.
Licorice perfectly promotes the dilution of sputum, and also helps to remove it from the body. In addition, the licorice root has anti-allergic effect.
The same effect is inherent in pepper long, in addition it has antibacterial, tonic and antitussive effects.
Hyssop ordinary and fragrant violet are excellent anti-inflammatory agents, in addition, the violet calms and has an antimicrobial effect.
Kalgan big and ordinary mallow contribute to sputum expectoration, also possessing anti-inflammatory properties.
Ordinary zizifus also helps with wet cough, while reducing the pain in the throat, and also has antibacterial and sedative effects.
Despite the fact that the drug belongs to medicinal products of plant origin, it has certain contraindications, the main of which is the individual intolerance of some components of the body. Also, the drug is not recommended for use in patients with diagnosed diabetes mellitus.
Syrup "Linkas" is prohibited to be used for treatment of children aged less than 6 months, as there is no clinical picture of the effect on this age group.
During pregnancy, as well as lactation and lactation, the drug is not recommended for use, as in this area, strictly controlled and reliable studies have not been conducted.
Given the large number of natural components, in rare cases, individual intolerance and the occurrence of allergic reactions in the form of itching, rashes, skin irritations, swelling Quincke.
Also, the drug is banned for use by the age group under 6 months.
It should be taken with caution in patients with a predilection for diabetes.
Methods of application and dosage:The drug is taken internally. Children who are more than 12 years old and older patients take 2 teaspoons of the drug (approximately 10 ml) at a time up to 3x4 times a day.
The age group from 7 to 11 years is prescribed to take the medication 4 times a day, once a 5 ml (1 h. a spoon).
The age group from 2 to 6 years is prescribed to take the drug 3 times a day, once a 5 ml (1 h. a spoon).
Children aged 6 months to one year take the drug 3-4 times a day in the amount, ml (1/2 h. spoons).
The duration of taking the syrup "Linkas" is from 5 days to a week; Depending on the disease and the clinical course, the course can be extended.
Overdose and interaction with other drugs
Until recently, cases of drug overdose have not been documented.
When applying "Linkas remember that it is not recommended to use several antitussive drugs at the same time to To exclude possible neutralization of the positive effect and not accidentally cause an overdose in the case of the same effect of medicines on organism.
Prices for Linkas
Depending on the region of sales, prices in Ukraine for syrup "Linkas" in volume of 90 ml, range from 1, 0 UAH. up to 1, 0 UAH. Syrup "Linkas" in volume of 120 ml is a little bit more expensive: from 2, 0 грн. up to 28 UAH.
In Russia, the cost of a "Linkas" preparation of 90 ml is about 9.1 rubles, the price for a volume of 120 ml is about 10.8 rubles.
Reviews for syrup "Linkas"
• At home, problems with drafts, so that the common cold phenomenon is permanent, as we do not fight with treacherous windows and doors. That's just recently, once again hung out with a child on a couple of snot and got a cough just heartbreaking. Until recently, people struggled with traditional methods and standard medical kit in the form of iodine net, effervescent tablets and grindings. And here we are familiar with a small child (very little seven-month old) advised to try the syrup "Linkas" - they say, harmlessly and effectively. Well, I hesitated a bit, of course - I'm cautious about unfamiliar drugs. Then read the recommendations on the Internet, found instructions for use and description. What to say, bribed the composition (solid medicinal herbs), plus the price (very low even today prices), plus the fact that you can take both children and adults - the difference is only in the number and frequency reception. I went to the pharmacy, bought it, started taking it with my daughters (by the way, by the way, for years). Very effective - we drank four days, cough almost completely passed. And the course there from five to seven days, so very quickly. The taste of the medicine is not nasty, the child, truth, from the smell curled - well, a little bit specific, but nothing, did not spit. So those who want to quickly and effectively get rid of colds and coughs - I highly recommend.
• A child brought a flu from school, three days went crazy from having a fever, and then a wet cough started. We thought that the worst thing was when the child was all burning, but the figures were even more terrible, when everything bubbled inside him, he choking of all this nastiness in the bronchi, and no pills and syrups help (for nothing, that the doctor prescribed - well, they do not take everyone is here). I went to the "Linkas" accidentally - frankly speaking, I was going to rake all the drugs from the counter in a row from despair, but, luckily, the elderly and experienced were getting the pharmacist. I advised you to try this miracle-syrup. We tried and drank a week. I must say, really helped with cheers! Not particularly pleasant to the taste, well, after all, this medicine, he does not have to. And so everything is just great. Now the bottle is always in the medicine cabinet, especially since the vacation goes without a prescription. Very convenient and the effect is fast.
• And here I want to talk about those who claim that the "Linkas" syrup is not even useful because of the presence of E217 additives in it. (My mother is a deeply religious person, reads all this literature about the harmfulness of dietary supplements, she has entire lists printed out all these E, there and the influence of everyone on the body is painted). Indeed, in the food industry both the addition of E217 and E216 are prohibited (preservatives, however, and very harmful), but in medicines is often added a small amount of preservatives, and the Federal Supervision Service in Letter No. 01I-343/05 very much even permits the use of both methylparahydroxybenzoate and propyl parahydroxybenzoate. Those who write about the harmfulness of preservatives should understand that the drugs are much more closely controlled than products - they are not released to the market without clinical trials, and a lot of instances need to be passed before registration. So do not scare yourself with unhealthy fears and apply the drug to your health.
• Syrup "Linkas" for colds and coughs drink the whole family: grandparents, my husband and son, to him, a year. First, the price is very affordable, especially against the background of other medicines. Secondly, natural ingredients, virtually no chemistry and lack of alcohol (you know, when a small child is in the family, this is one of the main factors). And, thirdly, a very fast and qualitative cough relief. I generally almost always cough for a couple of days, the child has a little longer, the rest of the family is about six days. By the way, there are negative effects with prolonged use of almost zero, I remember that my husband drank about 10 days with a very strong cough, and everything was fine. What else really like, the drug relieves pain in the throat. We use the syrup constantly, there are no complaints, even the allergy has not come out once.
• And I taught my grandmother to the Lincas. A bad old woman, age is already from a series of "old age she spits no worse than a small child, if the medicine is not to her liking. But this one - he drinks. The glasses will put on, the composition reads again, leaves quite for each grass that is included in the composition. She spoons herself a spoon, puts it in her mouth. And she is happy, and we are less bothered - the age is such when all kinds of sores willingly cling, especially catarrhal.
• Cool thing, my wife buys children. Recipe is not necessary, as part of solid useful plants - I curiously read for the sake of the Internet, the pharmacy in one bottle, and only. I really did not drink it myself, I do not like medicine at all. But I looked at my people - normally reacted, cough passed quickly, I did not notice any side effects. In general, I can recommend.
• I decided to try it on the advice of a friend, she has a baby for three years, the child is painful and always catches a cold, then more serious than that. My illness is rare, doctors can not stand, so if not global something, I prefer to buy medicines on natural ingredients. Self-medication, of course, very few people will approve, on the other hand, you yourself know what kind of medicine we have. In general, I told a friend on the phone the problem, she told me "Linkas" advised. You know, I'm happy - daughter without a murmur for a week, she drank the cough, she cough. I then bought myself another lozenges "Linkas" bought, also a good thing.
• I had an amusing incident at work, I planted half of the department on the "Linkas quite unintentionally, by the way. We have a powerful air conditioner on the window, it's cool in the summer, but only to those who do not directly enter the zone of its operation. And my table and two neighboring ones fit just right into this zone. Usually, I set moderate temperature with the girls, but did not follow them, and here's the result: we squish, cough, sip. Work at us to the hospital does not have, so they went, until the dry cough began to flow smoothly into the wet one. At home in the medicine box, the remains of the "Lincas" were kept, I gave the baby a flu when I got flu. In general, took the bottle to work, sipping on the spoon. Then I look - at employees on tables of a box with pastilles "Linkas" lay. The example is contagious, however. But quickly all were cured.
dry cough syrups for children
Coughing is the body's response to irritation that has arisen in the airways. Given the cause of the formation of this symptom, it can be wet or dry. Dry cough also has a different name - unproductive, because sputum is not characteristic for it. But it is this cough that is considered the most dangerous for the body. As a rule, it occurs with nasal congestion, pain in the head, a rise in body temperature, an increase in lymph nodes, and nausea. What can I do to cure a dry cough in a child?
What kind of children's cough syrups on herbs are best used, you can learn from this article.
Most popular tools
Dry cough syrups for children are presented at many manufacturers, here one of few, thus what syrup from a cough is better for the child to choose only to parents.
This syrup is very often prescribed to children with a dry cough. Its action is aimed at diluting sputum and providing spasmolytic action.The composition of the preparation contains components of plant origin. In the role of the active element is an extract of ivy.It is characterized by high efficiency, since even the strongest attacks of dry cough can be overcome in a few days.
This drug belongs to the universal, because it is used to treat both dry and wet cough. Even the smallest babies are allowed to use syrup. The process of its preparation is carried out according to a special technology, and in the role of the acting component is an extract of ivy. The presence of a pleasant fruit taste and aroma contributes to the fact that small patients take it with pleasure.
This drug belongs to the group of combined, has a plant origin. The action that its components exert is mutually potentiated. The effect obtained during treatment is determined by its composition and incoming elements:
- Thyme extracthas a bactericidal effect due to the presence of phytoncides and phenols in the composition.
- Vegetable mucinspsyllium affect the removal of irritation of the mucosa of the trachea and bronchi, if their atrophic changes take place, then lowers the intensity of dry cough.
- Presence of phytoncides and phenolsin the composition of the suspension can dilute the bronchial secret, strengthen its evacuation with the help of plant epithelium, reduce the severity of catarrhal phenomena and have an antimicrobial effect, protect the mucosa from irritating factor a.
Which child cough syrup from 2 years is best used, is specified in this article.
Dry cough syrup does not belong to the most common medications, although it perfectly eliminates this unpleasant symptom in children, as well as in adults.The drug refers to expectorant, is actively used to treat a cough that has arisen against the background of bronchitis or pneumonia.
In the role of the active component is a liquid extract of thyme, a large number of essential oils, carvalol, tannin components. Based on this, the drug is mucolytic and has an expectorant effect. If the suspension is taken continuously and correctly, it is possible to thin the sputum and withdraw it.
What syrup from wet cough for children is best suited, you can find out by reading this article.
This medication allows you to make a dry cough productive, dilute sputum and withdraw it from the respiratory tract. As a result, he constantly controls the cough reflex. Thanks to the auxiliary elements, it is possible to reduce the irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose.
What cough syrups expectorate, and how not, you can find from the article.
This medicine is very effective in coping with night coughing, making it easier to breathe.It contains extracts of medicinal herbs: thyme, lemon balm, chamomile, plantain.Also in the required dosage is ascorbic acid. Take syrup is allowed to children who reached the age of one.
Syrup has an expectorant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial effect.Its composition is rich in extracts of plantain leaves and mallow inflorescences.His doctor can prescribe in the complex treatment of infections of the upper respiratory tract, which is characterized by an unproductive cough. Do not administer to children under 2 years old, as well as patients who have increased sensitivity to fructose and the rest of its components.
How to use syrup from an allergic cough is indicated in this article.
Syrup refers to antitussive drugs. Butramate acts as an active substance. It is made in the form of a syrup, which can be taken to children from 3 years of age. The syrup is actual with a strong suppressive cough. Treatment with a sinecode should be performed until the sputum is removed. Then therapy should be carried out by expectorants.
This syrup is used in the case when it is necessary to remove the intensity of the cough reflex and translate it into a productive one.Linkas has an anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. The composition of the medicine is rich in such components:
- the leaves are adhate;
- liquorice root;
- the violet is fragrant;
- hyssop officinalis;
In this article, it is indicated which syrup from a cough is possible during pregnancy.
If the baby is not allergic, the drug can be used as an excellent medicine in the treatment of dry cough in children from 2 years of age.
How to use Alteika syrup during pregnancy, in order not to harm your health, is indicated in the article.
This drug is characterized by the presence of expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect.During treatment, it is possible to remove the viscosity of phlegm and speed up the process of its excretion.This therapeutic effect of syrup is due to the fact that it contains the root of primrose and thyme. As a result of their influence, it is possible to cover the irritated mucous membrane, and this reduces the intensity of throat pain and softens the cough.
What is the price of syrup Herbion primrose, you can find out by reading this article.
The drug is used to eliminate the symptoms of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, for which dry cough is more characteristic. Use syrup Petrussin with inflammation of the bronchi, tracheitis, whooping cough, pneumonia.
It has a secretion effect, that is, stimulates expectoration. In addition, this treatment allows you to soften the cough and have a sedative effect by calming the mucous membrane.
Petrussin also has a stimulating effect on the activity of the ciliated epithelium. Such influence allows using a syrup to convert dry cough to wet, sputum discharge, easy operation from the lower respiratory tract to the upper ones.
How to use the correct form of syrup from a wet cough for children, indicated in the article.
This drug is produced in Germany. Its composition presupposes the presence of a plant component - an extract of a lance-like plantain. Syrup helps to eliminate dry cough with hard-to-recover sputum. Is a good tool in the ratio of price and quality. Such a medicine is very helpful in defeating a cough reflex at night, so that the baby can sleep peacefully, and his breathing was even. Do not use the drug to patients for up to a year.
This combined preparation from dry cough has an anti-inflammatory effect. Its composition lacks alcohol, and yet it has a wide range of effects. The minus syrup can be attributed to the risk of an allergic reaction, since the composition contains more components such as:
- liquorice root;
- extract of nightshade;
- basil extract;
Which cough syrups for infants are best suited is indicated in this article.
As part of this medicine there is no sugar and alcohol, for this reason it is suitable for the treatment of dry cough in children.Ambroxol hydrochloride acts as an active component.It is characterized by the provision of an expectorant and mucolytic effect. Lazolvan allows you to eliminate the inflammatory process by strengthening the defenses of the body.
Syrup of licorice root
This drug is currently among the leaders. Its main component has an expectorant effect. Despite the fact that the instructions do not have age limits, the presence of alcohol in its composition causes debate about the advisability of using a syrup in the treatment of dry cough in very small children.
This syrup in the treatment of unproductive cough has a bronchodilator effect, relaxes the muscles of the bronchi and softens the irritation of the mucous throat. In its composition there is a main component - guaifensin - allowing to transform dry cough into wet
Use the medicine is allowed to patients of any age. When used, it is very important not to exceed the dosage. To give the medicine a sweetish taste, you can add it to tea or compote. Then the little kids can take it with pleasure.
The effect of this medication is aimed at facilitating coughing, reducing the viscosity of phlegm.In the role of active substance is ambroxol.Ambrobene exerts an expectorant effect, removes the inflammatory process, strengthens the body's defenses. Use the syrup allowed for children up to a year. But if you use the drug uncontrolled and do not comply with the dosage, then you can provoke sputum stasis in the bronchi. It is very important to seek help from a pediatrician.
A dry cough in a child is an unpleasant, paroxysmal symptom of an inflammatory airway disease. Various bacteria and infections can provoke it. When drawing up a treatment regimen, doctors often prescribe drugs to the children in the form of a syrup. Firstly, they are very effective, and secondly, small children can take them, because they taste good.
A cough medicine for children: a list of effective. What to give to children from a dry cough
Cough is the most common sign for respiratory diseases. Especially alarming is when it occurs in young children. Its causes are diverse, and, based on this, the methods of combating it are different. How to choose a cough medicine for children? To answer this question, it is necessary to understand the mechanism of occurrence of such a symptom.
The main causes leading to the occurrence of cough in children
Cough reflex is a natural process in the body. It can indicate the presence of the disease, but can only serve to purify the airways from accumulated secretions. A single unobtrusive cough, not accompanied by a rise in body temperature or any changes in the behavior of the child, should not cause parents special anxiety. If coughing causes anxiety, then it is necessary to find out its cause, in order to choose the most effective cough medicine for children.
There are two leading factors that cause the occurrence of cough: penetration into the body of a child the causative agent of infection (and the development of a corresponding catarrhal disease) or the presence of an allergic reaction. A child's organism, especially a newborn, is imperfect and very sensitive to various viruses and bacteria that cause respiratory diseases.
These harmful agents, falling into the respiratory system with a flow of inhaled air, get on the mucous membrane, are introduced into its cells and begin to actively multiply, while at the place of their introduction there is irritation and increased mucus formation, to which the body reacts cough. Similarly, a reaction to the ingress of allergens into the respiratory tract, whether particles of dust, animal hair or plant pollen, is formed. Cough is a protective reaction of the body to irritation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory system or inflammatory process in them and releases them from various mechanical particles, microorganisms and accumulated mucus. The following types of cough are distinguished by the nature, productivity and sound.
Types of cough
Distinguish cough dry (in other words, unproductive), arising at the initial stage of the disease and not accompanied by sputum, and wet (or productive), which occurs as sputum accumulates and contributes to its spillage.
Dry cough is considered the most intrusive. It can pass paroxysmally or resemble barking. Such a symptom tires the child, prevents him from sleeping and can cause vomiting. Barking coughing attacks most often occur with the development of tracheitis or laryngitis and are associated with changes in the vocal cords. To soften the throat, you can use anti-inflammatory sprays or lozenges and alkaline drink to children from dry cough. The medicine will remove the mucosal edema and reduce the inflammatory process.
Sometimes you can come across such a rare type of dry cough at the moment, like pertussis. It became rare because almost all children now receive vaccinations against whooping cough, which reliably protects them from this disease. Cough with whooping cough is dry, paroxysmal, leading the baby's body to exhaustion. With this disease prescribe sedatives and recommend walking in the fresh air.
Quite infrequently occurring disease - respiratory chlamydia of newborns, in which there is a development of coughing of sonorous, jerky, dry - staccato cough. When cured of the underlying disease, it quickly disappears.
There are also types of cough that are not associated with catarrhal diseases:
- cough of an allergic nature - manifests paroxysmally, often occurs at night, before the onset of an attack the child is cheerful, does not feel unwell, suddenly starts to cough often;
- spastic - differs from the usual dry cough in that with it at the end there is a whistling sound; he is very intrusive and is not treated with antitussive drugs;
- bitonal - occurs, in particular, when a foreign body enters the bronchi; with it, the low tone of the cough becomes high;
- cough, which occurs with bronchial asthma, - appears with deep breaths and is accompanied by pain;
- cough associated with food intake, sometimes arising in the pathology of the esophagus or stomach;
- cough of psychogenic origin, which occurs in stressful situations; he appears exclusively in the afternoon, but regularly, has a metallic echo.
The cough medicine for children should be selected taking into account that all respiratory diseases, in mostly manifested first dry cough, which after a period of time passes into wet. But still, by the nature of the cough, it is possible to distinguish which part of the respiratory system has started the inflammation.
Features of cough in certain respiratory diseases
Laryngitis, or inflammation of the larynx, is manifested in the child by a dry cough, hoarseness of the voice, rapidity and difficulty breathing. There is a feeling of perspiration in the throat and severe pain when swallowing. After a while, the cough becomes wheezing due to a change in the airway lumen. Later, the swelling of the vocal cords subsides, and the cough becomes wet due to sputum discharge.
When tracheitis (trachea inflammation), the main symptom is a dry barking cough that starts suddenly, mainly during the night rest, and can last for several hours. Breathing can become whistling or wheezing. To alleviate the condition of the sick child, the doctor will suggest a cough suppressant, such as "Sinekod".
If the inflammatory process descends through the respiratory tract, then inflammation develops in the bronchial tubes (bronchitis) or in the lungs - pneumonia. These two diseases are distinguished from each other by X-ray examination. The initial stage of bronchitis is not different from other respiratory diseases - there are pain in the larynx, nose pawns, the child is sleepy and sluggish. Cough also from the dry at the beginning of the disease becomes wet. If there was an edema in the mucosa of the bronchus itself and the narrowing of its lumen, one speaks of obstructive bronchitis, which is quite common in allergies. If bronchitis is not cured, it can develop into a chronic form, which is fraught with depletion of bronchial walls and the emergence of bronchial asthma.
For the treatment of cough in children, many drugs are produced that have different active ingredients and differ in the mechanism of action. If you fight with children's cough alone, you need to understand them very well, so as not to harm and not aggravate the course of the disease.
Medicines against cough for children: classification
All medicines for cough are divided into two large groups - preparations of central and peripheral action.
The medicinal substances that affect the central nervous system include Sinekod's Tusuprex Libexin and others. They act overwhelmingly on the cough center in the cerebral cortex, very quickly inhibit the cough reflex and can be prescribed to children from a dry cough. The medicine is chosen for them only by the doctor, since it does not reduce the inflammatory process in the respiratory tract and with increased mucus formation it can be stagnant. Therefore, they should be used only on the advice of a pediatrician and only with a dry paroxysmal cough (for example, with whooping cough).
Preparations that have a peripheral effect, in turn, are subdivided according to the mechanism of action into several species. They include:
- Coughing agents that envelop the irritated areas of the mucous membrane in the upper parts of the respiratory system and reduce the inflammatory processes in it. They are appointed with the appearance of initial signs of irritation. They are good for children from a dry cough; the medicine is prescribed in this case, taking into account their age.
- Expectorants for cough, which contribute to the release of bronchi from accumulated exudate. They are also divided into subgroups. The main active ingredient in the first of these may be plant extracts (licorice, coltsfoot, marshmallow, plantain, thyme and thermopsis) or iodides (preparations "potassium iodide" and "sodium iodide"). Under the action of these agents in the cells of the bronchial mucosa, the production of mucus is increased, which liquefies phlegm, that is, it can quickly leave the bronchi. These medications are not suitable for infants and children with neurotic disorders or a tendency to vomiting. When prescribing drugs from the second group - mucolytics - liquefaction of the contents of the bronchi occurs without increasing its volume.
- They also produce a combined medicine that suppresses coughing. For older children, it fits perfectly, since it not only affects the center of the cough, but also softens the irritation of the respiratory tract.
All medicines should be selected taking into account the stage of the disease, the manifesting symptoms and the age of the child. It is advisable not to engage in self-medication, but to consult a pediatrician. It is especially important to ask for medical help in case of a breast infection.
Features of the appearance of a cough reflex and an effective cough medicine for children up to the year
In infants quite often, especially after sleep or feeding, there may be a physiological cough (in the form of rare coughs), not associated with any disease. Since most of the time the child spends on the back, mucus from the nasal passages can sink into the throat, which will cause a cough reflex. May cause it and the ingress of milk or mixture into the respiratory system during feeding or saliva with increased salivation. Also, an external factor can cause such a reaction: dry air, dust or tobacco smoke. Such a cough should not cause much concern, you just need to eliminate the cause of its appearance. If the symptom is intrusive, and the child has a fever or behavior changes, it is imperative to consult a pediatrician.
The peculiarity of the course of catarrhal diseases is that with a dry cough a so-called "false croup" - swelling of the larynx and vocal cords, which leads to a decrease in their lumen, and the baby begins to suffocate. This is a very dangerous condition, requiring immediate help from specialists. The account is here for minutes.
Just as dangerous is a wet cough, which in a nursing baby very quickly descends into the lungs, and banal the runny nose may soon develop into pneumonia, so the babies with suspicion of bronchitis immediately put in hospital. If the situation is not so serious, then, choosing a cough medicine for an infant, it must be taken into account that not all dosage forms are suitable for them.
It is good to have at home a special compressor or ultrasonic inhaler that will deliver the medicine directly to the mucous membrane in the airways. You can use solutions for inhalation "Lazolvan" or "Ambrobene" (they are also prescribed for cough and inward). They are convenient in that they are dosed by drop. They can be dissolved in tea, juice or milk. A good cough medicine for children up to the year is Lazolvan cough syrup and its analogs, which contain the active substance ambroxol. The product has practically no side effects.
Preparations for cough treatment in children from the year
Effective cough medicine for children under 2 years - mucolytic expectorant "Ambrobene" or its analogues: medicines "Ambroxol" Lazolvan "Ambrohexal" Flavamed "Bronhorus". They are used to treat both acute and chronic bronchitis or pneumonia, when chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or bronchial asthma with hard-to-separate sputum, as well as with bronchoectatic disease.
The medicine for wet coughing to a child, very convenient and safe enough for children of different ages, - the drug "Bromhexin 8 Berlin-Chemie" (or his analogues: means "Bronchostop Flegamin"), having mucolytic (secretolitic) and expectorant action and a small antitussive effect. For one-year-old children, it can be used as a drop, solution or syrup. The disadvantages of this drug can be attributed to the fact that the therapeutic effect is manifested only after 2-5 days after the first use.
It is possible to dilute and speed up the secretion of the use in children from 6 months of herbal medicines, such as cough syrups "Gedelix" and "Linkas." When using them, it is necessary to take into account the possible manifestation of an allergic reaction. Preparations based on vegetable raw materials are recommended for children over 2 years of age.
Cough syrups based on herbal extracts
To facilitate a wet cough in a child, medicines can be chosen made from natural raw materials. In addition to common mucolytic drugs, such as "Syrup althaea" or "Licorice root syrup, many multicomponent products are produced, including extracts of herbs in various combinations. It is necessary to study their composition well before use if the child has allergies to plants.
Cedar syrup "Gedelix" on the basis of ivy extract is a cough medicine for children effective for kids aged from several months. It is used as an expectorant for infections in the upper respiratory tract and for bronchitis, accompanied by the formation of hard-to-separate sputum. After its application, the excretion of mucus as a result of its liquefaction and softening of its coughing is accelerated. When using this syrup for the treatment of an infant, the required dose should be diluted with boiled water and observe if an allergic reaction has occurred.
To reduce the intensity and increase the productivity of cough, you can buy a syrup "Linkas, which also has an anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. In its composition, you can see the extracts of the leaves adhatoda, licorice root, pepper, violets, hyssop medicinal, althaea and others. In the absence of a child's allergy, this drug can be recommended as an excellent cough medicine for children under 2 years.
A good expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect is the syrup "Bronchicum reducing the viscosity of the secret and accelerating its evacuation. The effect of this drug is based on the properties of the root of the primrose and thyme. Extracts of these herbs envelop the irritated mucous membrane, which facilitates a sensation of perspiration in the throat and softens the cough.
For better separation of sputum with a damp cough, use the agent "Herbion syrup plantain". This drug also has an immunomodulatory effect, protecting the respiratory epithelial cells from damage and increasing the body's resistance to infections.
Synthetic medicines for the treatment of wet cough
Children over the age of two years with diseases with hard-to-find secretion will help syrup "Ascoril is a combined a drug whose action - bronchodilator, expectorant and mucolytic - is based on the properties of bromhexine, guaifenesin and salbutamol. He is prescribed for such ailments as bronchial asthma, pneumonia, obstructive bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary tuberculosis, whooping cough and others.
A good medicine for a child from cough is the drug "Atsc which helps in sputum purification (including purulent) and its expectoration. It is prescribed for diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by the formation of thick mucus, such as acute and chronic bronchitis, including obstructive, bronchoectatic disease, tracheitis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and the like, as well as with certain ENT diseases (laryngitis, acute or chronic sinusitis, middle ear inflammation) and paracetamol poisoning (both antidote). Children can use it from the age of 2 in the minimum dosage.
Treatment of dry cough with drugs that suppress its occurrence
A great concern may be a dry cough in the child. Medicines for its treatment can be divided into two groups. The first include drugs that suppress cough centrally.
This group of drugs is not recommended to be used without prescribing a doctor, especially if it is a small child. Their use is justified only in the case of a prolonged dry nausea cough causing pain, vomiting or interfering with sleep. In such a situation, it is possible to use a medicine that suppresses coughing. For children for this purpose, prescribe drugs "Sinekod" Tusuprex "Glaucin" or "Libexin depressing the work of the center of a cough in the brain. For infants (only by prescription of a doctor), you can purchase the "Sinekod" remedy in the form of drops. The most important thing is that when you buy these drugs, you need to remember that they are consumed only with a dry cough and do not combine with funds that increase mucus outflow.
Similar effect is also available with the combination of drugs such as syrups "Tussin plus Broncholitin" and "Stoptussin." They, along with suppressing the cough reflex, envelop the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, soften the cough, help to eliminate inflammation and stimulate immunity. They are prescribed for dry and irritating cough of various nature, as well as in pre- and postoperative periods to facilitate coughing.
Drugs for the treatment of dry cough
To ease the condition with a dry cough in a two-year-old child in the absence of allergies, you can use the drug "Herbion syrup primrose." It is also used as an expectorant for inflammation of the respiratory tract with the formation of a viscous secretion (bronchitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis).
Effective cough medicine for children 3 years - a combined drug "Doctor Mom: syrup from cough with aloe, basil sacred, elecampane, ginger, turmeric, licorice and others plants. It has a pronounced bronchodilator, mucolytic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect. It is recommended for dry cough or cough with hard-to-recover sputum in children from the age of three (with pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis). Contraindication for its use is the individual intolerance of some of its components.
Drugs for coughing a lot, and to choose a cough medicine for children, you need to proceed from each case, taking into account all contraindications and dosages. It is advisable to consult a pediatrician beforehand. To effectively combat colds of various nature, in addition to cough suppressants, it is necessary to use drugs that enhance immunity. The child is given peace and a special regime. It is necessary to give the baby a lot of fluid and maintain the humidity in the room. If the child does not have temperature - you can use warming with dry heat and rubbing with medicinal ointments. That is, treatment should be comprehensive.
How can you tell a dry cough from wet in a child?
Each attentive mother who cares about the health of her baby should know how to distinguish dry cough from wet in a child. Cough reflex is a protective reaction that occurs in the body due to irritation of cough receptors. Such a process is very important for removing unnecessary contents from the respiratory tract, such as dust, smoke and other irritants. When untimely treatment of such a process, it can be prolonged for a long time due to the fact that the mucus will become denser and withdraw it will be more difficult.
This painful process can occur in a child regardless of the time of year.Sharp changes in air temperature can cause a decrease in the body's natural defense, which can lead to a cold with all its symptoms and consequences. The immune system of children is vulnerable to external factors, because it is not yet fully formed.
If the sputum stagnates in the bronchial tree, the inflammatory process begins to develop. Over time, its complications can become bronchitis or pneumonia. This phenomenon can occur not only because of the common cold. This is a natural defense of the body from external stimuli. Cough is dry and wet. These species differ in that, with a dry cough, the inflammatory process of the mucous larynx and pharynx occurs, while the wet one is characterized by an abundance of mucus in the bronchi. The treatment of dry cough is to use soothing and anti-spasmodics, and the wet form is treated with expectorants. It is very important to be able to distinguish these two species for successful treatment of the disease.
Features of dry coughDry, or unproductive, cough is one of the first symptoms of many viral or infectious diseases (eg, bronchitis or pharyngitis). It can be nasal, but sputum is not separated. This is because during the cold, inflammation develops in the throat and larynx, excessive amounts of mucus are produced and all the time there is a desire to clear your throat. The cough reflex is not accompanied by the release of mucus, it is strong, harsh, painful. Dry cough appears due to colds and infectious diseases of the respiratory system.
When a cold starts, the child feels a choking sensation in the throat and a kind of cough appears. After some time (3 - 4 days) the dryness decreases, the cough becomes wet, as the body develops phlegm. Then there is a slowing down of the mucus and coughing again can become dry. The reasons for the development of such a process are:
- Influenza: during it appears a dry and hoarse cough, gradually turning into wet.
- Cigarette smoke.
- Dry air in the room.
- Harsh chemical irritants, for example, paint with a strong aroma, various solutions.
- Periodic dry cough during the day can signal such infectious diseases as laryngitis (dry and barking), whooping cough (with spasms and whistles) or measles.
- Allergic reactions.
Depending on the type of reason for such a reflex, it can appear in the daytime or only at night, have a barking or bothersome character, while mucus is not separated. Such a process can be paroxysmal, debilitating the children's body and, in the end, does not bring a result in the form of sputum discharge.
With a dry cough, there is a strong desire to cough, but doctors strongly recommend not doing this, not straining strongly the vocal cords and small vessels, since the consequence may be hoarseness or loss vote.
Parents should know that with a dry cough the child has an inflammatory process or irritation of the respiratory system, so you can not let the disease run its course, hoping that everything will pass by itself.
Treat dry cough
Ignoring the treatment of such a disease is fraught with the transition to a chronic stage. Pharmacy chains offer us a wide range of different cough remedies. It must be remembered that it is important for a child to see a doctor before starting treatment. All medicines are divided into synthetic (in the composition of which there are chemicals) and natural (they contain vegetable raw materials).According to the principle of action, drugs are divided into anti-spasmic (antitussive, which relieve spasm and calm cough) and expectorants (contribute to the dilution of sputum and the excretion of it from the organs respiration). Preparations based on plant raw materials act more gently on the body, have a small percentage of side effects. Therefore, when choosing medicines for your child, focus on precisely such means.
Unproductive cough is treated with antitussive drugs, and manifestations of moist cough are used by expectorants. Antitussive drugs have a calming effect on the mucous membranes of the pharynx and larynx, eliminate spasms in the bronchi. These drugs include:
- Herbion syrup of plantain.
If the manifestations are very strong, it is possible to use drugs that inhibit the reflex, but they are used for a short time and only when a symptom appears. They are of central and peripheral action, aimed at suppressing the cough reflex (Ethylmorphine, Codeine, Glaucin).
Features of wet coughWet cough (productive) appears a few days after dry. Its difference is sound. Usually at the child it sounds sonorous and deeply, sometimes even gurgling. This type of reflex is accompanied by excessive sputum discharge, it is sometimes difficult to cough. The volume of the cough increases, and after the mucus goes off, it decreases. If the inflammation passes in a mild form, the color of the sputum is clear, and with prolonged forms of bronchial inflammation, the color of the sputum changes, there may be impurities of pus.
Withdrawal of wet content allows to clear bronchi and lungs from mucus, which is an excellent medium for the development of pathogenic flora. This kind of cough appears as a result of viral infections, a common cold, allergic manifestations, inflammation of the bronchi and lungs. Due to the fact that the secretions have a viscous consistency, they need to be provoked to move away in order to prevent the bacteria from multiplying in them.
If the mucus becomes turbid, it can signal the onset of the inflammatory process. The brown color of the discharge indicates an allergic reaction, the green color indicates sinusitis and other infectious diseases of the respiratory apparatus. Excessive sputum discharge indicates tracheitis or bronchitis. If the wet cough changes dry, this indicates a process of recovery of the child, so the task of the previous stage of treatment was to transfer the dry cough into a wet form.
Treatment for wet coughMucolytics are prescribed for better sputum discharge. They help reduce the viscosity of mucus and help it to be quickly removed from the respiratory system. The intake of such drugs can be combined with the use of a large amount of liquid (drink teas, compotes, fruit drinks).
Preparations based on chemistry better cope with the mucus and the decrease in its viscosity. To help with the reflex help means on a plant basis ("Pektolvan Ivy "Herbion Primrose"). When treating wet cough, a generous warm drink, milk, radish juice, honey (if the child is not allergic) is recommended.
A particularly important mate's assistant in the treatment of cough is the nebulizer. Inhalation can be done with the help of special means or usual saline solution.
When treating both dry and wet cough, it is very important to understand the differences between them and the characteristics of each species.
It is necessary strictly to follow the prescriptions of the doctor, to select the drugs according to the age of the child and his features (a tendency to allergies)..
http://www.youtube.com/watc? = GaAV1W1jjWA
Differences of different types of coughing from each other and ways of treating them are commented by Dr. Komarovsky (video).