1Treatment of kyphosis at home
- 1.1Causes of the disease
- 1.2Kyphosis - treatment at home
- 1.3How to determine the correctness of posture?
- 1.4Orthopedic corset
- 1.5What is the home treatment for kyphosis?
- 1.6Exercises for kyphosis
- 1.7- Exercises for kyphosis of the thoracic spine
- 1.9Preventive measures
2Treatment of kyphosis in adults is a necessary set of measures
- 2.6Ultrasound therapy
- 2.10Mud Treatment
- 2.11Traction traction of the spine
- 2.12Manual therapy
- 2.15Kinds of sports recommended for the treatment of kyphosis
- 2.16Orthosis: belts and corsets
- 2.17Lifestyle change
- 2.18Folk recipes
- 2.19Operative treatment
3Treatment of kyphosis at home - how to do it?
- 3.1How to treat kyphosis at home?
- 3.2How to determine the presence of kyphosis by yourself?
- 3.3Home Treatment
- 3.4Wearing a corset
- 3.7Denial of responsibility
4How to treat kyphosis
- 4.1Methods of treatment of kyphosis
- 4.2Wearing orthopedic corsets
- 4.3Home Treatment
- 4.6Manual therapy
- 4.7Prevention of kyphosis
5How to treat kyphosis
- 5.1Conservative treatment
- 5.3Home Treatment
- 5.4Prevention of kyphosis
Treatment of kyphosis at home
In recent decades, various kinds of posture disorders began to occur twice as often, especially in adolescence and adolescence.
And hardly it can be considered strange, because children spend most of the time at the table - in classrooms, in the school cafeteria, at home behind textbooks or a computer.
It is children who are extremely susceptible to the "sickness of idlers" - kyphosis or, more simply, stoop.
Treatment of kyphosis at home
Sometimes the disease affects the neck or lower back, but in most cases - the thoracic spine. And we did not forget about children in vain.
The fact is that in an adult person the flexure of the spine is already formed, while in the child it is still at the stage of development.
Also kyphosis is often found in elderly people.
Treatment of kyphosis
Causes of the disease
The main cause of the disease is insufficient physical activity, which leads to a lowered muscle tone. In addition, it can be:
- spine trauma;
- poor heredity;
- defects of intrauterine development;
- consequences of surgical intervention;
- in the elderly, osteoporosis (bone density is reduced).
All this can lead to vertebral fractures in the thoracic region, as well as to further progression of the disease.
Treatment of kyphosis at home
There are several types of kyphosis, which are classified according to the cause of the disease.
- Pathological kyphosis- a consequence of any defects still at the intrauterine stage of development. Often accompanied by other disorders of the genitourinary system or the hip joint. It is treated exclusively surgically.
- Secondary form of the diseasedevelops in the pathology of the connective tissues, and often internal organs become inflamed. It appears after radiation therapy or oncogenic diseases.
- Slouchmay be caused by weakness of the back muscles or posture disorders. Sometimes it happens for a purely psychological reason: for example, too high people are constantly slouching to "become lower." Spines in this case are not deformed, and a person can straighten up at any moment. This form of the disease is treated by special exercises.
- Whenparalytic kyphosisthere is a pronounced progression of curvature due to cerebral palsy or poliomyelitis. Often, the disease is treated with the same physical exercises, but with severe pain, surgical intervention is required.
- The Sheyerman-Mau Syndromehas not yet been fully explored, therefore, scientists do not yet have a common opinion about the reasons for its occurrence. Nevertheless, the disease is expressed in the form of deformed cervical vertebrae, which acquire a wedge shape. Oftenthe spine deforms by ¾.Mostly, boys suffer from this ailment.
- Postoperative form of kyphosiscan be caused by complications after surgery. Eliminated by re-conducting the operation.
- Whenposttraumatic kyphosisthe disease develops as a result of a trauma to the chest or lower back. There is a rapid progression of the disease, which is often accompanied by various complications, including neurological ones. It is treated exclusively surgically.
- The reasonof degenerative kyphosiscan be osteoporosis or osteochondrosis. Vertebrae are deformed, settle, ligaments weak. The cause may also be a previous injury, especially in women of retirement age. Treatment is carried out mainly by conservative methods.
Kyphosis - treatment at home
The chosen method of treating kyphosis will depend only on how much the vertebral column is deformed and what are the concomitant diseases.
If the disease is at an early stage, then you need to perform special exercises, combining them with manual therapy.
The more severe cases require only surgical treatment, while the methods described by us will, so to speak, be secondary.
You can be cured at home, if you perform a number of special procedures aimed at strengthening the muscles and correcting the posture. The most effective method is an orthopedic corset.
How to determine the correctness of posture?
How to determine the correctness of posture?
It's very simple. Lean against the wall, press against it. If the posture is all right, but you will be in contact with the wall with the shoulder blades, head and fifth point. If you have kyphosis, then the head, being tilted forward, can not touch the wall.
If you are an adult, then because your spine is already fully formed, you can not cure the disease with the help of a corset.
But! Youcan prevent further bending of posture. With regard to children, their posture is quite easy to fix with such a corset.
At once we will make a reservation, that orthopedic corsets happen:
- preventive. Orthopedic corset
Even by name you can guess the purpose of each of them, so we will not dwell on this. Let's consider only some recommendations concerning wearing a corset.
- If the curvature is strong enough, wear a corset at least twenty hours a day, removing it only in front of the shower and sleep.
- If you, as a child, are still growing, the control of the attending physician is mandatory in the treatment. Moreover, the procedure must be constantly adjusted, since the muscular conditions (let's call them so) will change constantly. For example, in about three months, you may need a special breast retainer.
- First time to wear a corset will be extremely inconvenient, you have to get used to it. On the first day, wear it for only an hour, the next day - two hours, and so on in increasing order.
- When the posture adjustment is completed and you need to stop using the corset, then do it gradually.
Note! This method will help only if you periodically visit a doctor for examination. If you do everything yourself, then there is a chance that you will only increase the angle of curvature.
What is the home treatment for kyphosis?
So, with the basic method of treatment figured out, now consider the aforementioned "secondary". In general, the treatment procedure at home should include three important components.
Component 1: physical unloading. You must completely exclude all physical activities that somehow can strain the spine. Do not wear anything, do not dig, do not play sports (the last itemobligatoryat the end of the course of treatment).
Component 2: sleep on a hard surface. The bed should be flat and rigid, the pillow small.
If for work or study you still have to sit at the table, then try to periodically take a short break, during which you lay down on the floor and perform a couple of exercises.
The bed should be flat and rigid, the cushion should be small
Component 3: actually, physical exercises. This is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the back, which is very important in the treatment of kyphosis, and we will dwell on this in more detail.
Exercises for kyphosis
Exercises for kyphosis
Exercise # 1
It is also called the "gateway". Get on all fours and start to climb into the gateway - a small gap between the gate and the ground. In this case, your back will bend to the side opposite to the disease.
Exercise # 2
Tie a rubber band around your chest and, standing on your legs, pull it up with your hands, lifting it up. In doing so, you must pull the ends of the tourniquet slightly backward, arching the spine.
Sit on the floor, straighten your legs and put your hands on your shoulders. Move your arms around in a circle, directing them back, paying special attention to the tension of the muscles of the shoulder blades.
Stand on all fours, alternately raising your legs up and down. The back should sag while it's up.
Lie on your back and bend your knees. Deflect the body, leaning on the feet, shoulder blades and head, so that the back and the pelvis break away from the floor for a few seconds. Then return to the starting position.
Do each exercise until you feel very tired.
- Exercises for kyphosis of the thoracic spine
The massage should be strictly verified on a specific area of the spine, so it is unlikely to be made at home. At least,do the right thing.
Know that the neglected kyphosis is extremely difficult to cure. If the initial course of the disease course lasts only a month, then when the most advanced, the fourth - a few years! To prevent all this, follow some important and at the same time simple rules.
- Every day, perform exercises that strengthen the frame muscles. This will reduce the burden on the spine.
- The place of work / study must be, first of all, ergonomic. If at the same time you need to constantly bend, it makes sense to simply change furniture.
- If you are short-sighted, wear glasses (in extreme cases - contact lenses).
- For the correct posture should be observed from childhood, especially if the child is tall.
For the correct posture should be observed from childhood, especially if the child is tall
- If you spend most of your time sitting for one reason or another, then try to do 30-60 minutes every a short break, during which perform a few simple physical exercises to support the tone, so to tell.
A source: http://NarodnimiSredstvami.ru/lechenie-spinyi-narodnyimi-sredstvami/lechenie-kifoza-v-domashnih-usloviyah.html
Treatment of kyphosis in adults is a necessary set of measures
Kyphosis is a pathological modification of the bend of the spine, which has various causes, severity and flow characteristics.
The earlier kyphosis is diagnosed, the more likely it is to cure it, using conservative methods of eliminating the disease.
In the most severe degrees, which threaten not only the whole spine, but also the full functioning of the internal organs, an operation is used. What methods of curing kyphosis are available and what is their peculiarity, we consider further.
There are three types of drugs that are used in combination in the treatment of kyphosis:
- Medications containing chondroitin - an active component, restoring bone and cartilaginous tissue.
- Vitamin complexes, replenishing in the body lack of calcium, magnesium, potassium and Yoda, without which you can not cure kyphosis.
- Local anesthetics, which can reduce aching pain in the back during movements.
Chondroitics, such as Chondroxit, Capsicum, Hondroflex, help not only to relieve the swelling of the soft tissues that occurs when the vertebrae is misplaced, but also to eliminate pain and discomfort. The course of admission is calculated by the doctor individually, as well as the preparation corresponding to the peculiarities of kyphosis is selected.
Vitamins for patients with kyphosis - this is a real "wand-zashchalochka." Without Calcium and Magnesium, there is no way to restore the correct position of the vertebrae.
Usually vitamins are prescribed in combination with exercise therapy.
In addition, their reception obliges to abandon bad habits and normalize the metabolism, replacing harmful products with useful and rich minerals..
When the pain becomes unbearable, prescribe analgesic drugs, the main task of which is to block nerve impulses that provoke pain. It can be: No-shpa, Baralgin, Baralgetas, and others, which are better used for injections in injections..
Anymedicines, used in the treatment of kyphosis,can have three forms:
- firm: tablets and pills;
- liquid: injections and droppers;
- cream: ointments, creams, gels, rubbers.
Usually, drug treatment is appointed by the complex, while affecting not only the foci of pain, but also their cause.
This method of treatment is ancillary, but has a reasonable effectiveness.
Physiotherapeutic procedureshelp to relieve muscle tone, reduce the inflammatory process and affect the vertebrae from the inside.
There are several types of procedures that should be given special attention in the treatment of kyphosis.
Different polar magnets act on the diseased area,stimulating the normalization of blood circulation, andnatural regeneration of bone tissue.
After the course of treatment, the patient has a decrease in muscle tone, and degeneration of the vertebrae practically ceases.
In many countries, the effectiveness of magnetotherapy remains in doubt, but there are a number of scientific opinions pointing to its unequivocal effectiveness.
In places where the greatest angle of curvature is noted, plates are placed along which small doses of the lytic current are fed.
At the time of the procedure, the person feels a slight tingling, after which comes relief. The pain recedes, and the spine becomes more mobile.
The main contraindication to the use of electrotherapy is the acute inflammatory processes accompanying kyphosis.
The galvanic current can have a beneficial effect on the human body. The essence of the process is that a medicinal preparation is introduced into the curved part of the spine by means of a galvanic current.
Advantages of electrophoresis is that it minimizes the amount of the drug, delivers it directly to the localization zone, and alsohelps to normalize blood circulationthose places where it is impossible to influence from the outside.
Allowsstrengthen the muscular corset, and also to remove muscle tone, which arises from the prolonged stay of the torso in a curved position. The affected area is affected by ultrasound waves, which have a therapeutic and stimulating effect.
This method of treatment has become widespread in the middle ages. Tibetan monks were able to pierce needles, blocking nerve endings, thus removing pain.
The technology for this manipulation has gone through many stages of evolution, modernizing every year. This allowed today to make the process as effective and effective in the treatment of kyphosis.
In addition, acupuncturestimulates blood circulationstrangulated site of the spine, which is very difficult to achieve in other ways.
The positive outcome of the procedure depends entirely on the professionalism of the specialist. The more accurately the needles are installed, the greater the chance of triggering a natural regeneration, directing the body to the path of recovery.
This procedure is prescribedin order to attract the maximum amount of blood to the affected area.
Heat can be either contact (using heat plates or dry compresses) or non-contact (using UV radiation).
The principles of heat therapy can be used after exercise therapy, when the muscles are given a certain dose of heat, which could not be obtained with the natural heating of the muscles.
One of the most popular methods performed in dispensaries and boarding houses. The patient is exposed to water jets that have a different diameter and pressure.
Such a natural massage allows you to relax the muscles, remove the tone and gently eliminate pain.
When carrying out the procedure, they are always guided by the individual sensations of the patient, which should not be accompanied by pain and discomfort.
Mud compresses or complete immersion of the body in a bath with a therapeutic mud composition help to relax the muscles, and also to strengthen the processes of thermoregulation.
Natural components can provide a general strengthening and antiseptic effect on the body.
Contraindication to the use of this method of treatment is acute osteomyelitis, as well as acute rheumatoid inflammation.
Traction traction of the spine
This type of therapy allows you to painlessly increase the distance between the vertebrae, giving them a more natural form than is available. The procedure of "stretching" the vertebrae can be done in two forms:
- dry stretching- produced on a specialized device, which under a smooth increase in the load on the spine carefully changes its position;
- wet stretching- the whole process takes place in the water, where the procedure becomes absolutely painless. The water element relaxes the bound spinal muscles, speeding up the traction process.
Extension is in demand in the treatment of kyphosis only in the early stages, when the disease can still be corrected, giving the vertebrae the correct form. In the latter stages, this procedure may pose a particular danger, which is the appearance of intervertebral hernias.
Complex treatment of kyphosis can include elements of manual therapy.
its purpose -increased elasticity and plasticity of muscles, which control the thoracic part of the spine.
With the help of special manipulations of compression, sharp massage and intense rubbing, muscle tension is removed, pain disappears, the patient notes improvement.
Depending on the degree of progression of the disease, a massage is prescribed, the main task of which -Provide food for rootlets and spines of the vertebrae, which due to their compression are deprived of normal blood supply.
Usually massage appoint a course of at least 10 procedures. The effectiveness of this type of treatment is maximum in the case when after the massage the patient wears a corset or pulling underwear that supports the spine in the correct position.
All exercises are carried out under the strict control of the instructor, since only he knows the rules for their implementation, the number and intensity. Therapeutic gymnastics is appointed as an auxiliary treatment,Allows you to align your posture and strengthen your back muscles.
Most exercise exercises LFK appoint patients to perform every day, in this case, the muscles will become more elastic and able to withstand the load that should carry the spine. Exercises are selected in such a way that they are as simple as possible, but have high efficiency.
Kinds of sports recommended for the treatment of kyphosis
The best and painless sport for kyphosis patientsis swimming.
Water sports are the most gentle, since water can reduce the burden on the spine and give it an initial form painlessly.
Especially because visiting the pool raises the mood and improves the general condition of the body.
AlsoYou can include volleyball, basketball and tennis. But from jumps, weightlifting, bars and press will have to be abandoned, since unregulated loads can only worsen the condition of already bent vertebrae.
Orthosis: belts and corsets
An adult is less likely to cure kyphosis than children, but elastic belts and corsets can prevent progressive curvature. The main purpose of the corsets is to give the spine a more even shape, and also to keep this position throughout the day.
The selection of a corset and belt is an important task, which only specialists can do.You can not wear a corbel belt yourself, since there is a risk of an increase in the progression of kyphosis.
Such adaptations have their own differentiation, which depends on the degree of curvature and the stage of development of the disease.
The level of rigidity also depends on the angle of deviation of the spine from the norm, therefore it is almost impossible to choose the necessary model by yourself.
Treatment of kyphosis is impossible without a change in lifestyle. The patient should understand that the rate of recovery depends on how many bad habits he has. For effective treatment, the patient will have to:
- refrain from smoking and strong alcoholic beverages;
- diversify leisure sports and normalized physical loads;
- to give up fatty harmful food, giving preference to proper nutrition;
- adjust the water balance by drinking at least 2 liters of water a day;
- observe the regime of the day;
- wear corsets and fully comply with the doctor's recommendations;
- constantly monitor your posture, reminding yourself that your back should be kept even.
It is much easier to prevent an ailment than to treat it later. That is why health, which is so important for every person, depends on the lifestyle and balanced nutrition.
The secrets of nature that help to remove muscular pain in kyphosis are transmitted from generation to generation, however sometimes their effectiveness is better discussed with the doctor.
- Ointment from sea-buckthorn and propolisThe natural propolis is ground and mixed in equal proportions with sea-buckthorn. The resulting mixture is applied a thin layer on the spine, then massage it into the back. After such rubbing, the back must be wrapped up with a feather headscarf or a woolen scarf. Propolis is a natural anesthetic and antiseptic drug, so it nicely eliminates discomfort in the back.
- Lamb fat and cabbage leafThe natural fat of the mature sheep is applied to the thoracic spine, the cold mashed leaves of young cabbage are laid on top, bandaged with an elastic bandage. This recipe will increase the elasticity of muscles, as well as remove the syndrome of the compressed nerve, by relaxing the general musculature.
In the case when treatment with conservative methods did not yield results, resort to surgical intervention. Other indications for surgery may include the following:
- the disease is rapidly progressing;
- there is a threat to the full functioning of internal organs;
- there is a threat of compression of the spinal cord and spinous processes;
- a person loses the ability to move independently, while experiencing severe pain.
There are several different methods of conducting an operation:
- Osteotomy- dissection in the place of the most curved.
- Kifoplasty- using special equipment, the vertebrae are deformed into the desired position, after which they are immobilized by inserting a special hardening substance into the capsule of the vertebra.
It is necessary to treat kyphosis, because this ailment has a wide range of effects on internal organs and systems.
The initial stages of kyphotic distortions can be eliminated much easier than resorting to surgical intervention, followed by long-term rehabilitation.
How to forget about joint and spinal pain?
- Does pain limit your movements and full life?
- Are you worried about discomfort, crunching and systematic pain?
- Perhaps you have tried a bunch of medicines, creams and ointments?
A source: http://zdorovya-spine.ru/bolezni/iskrivleniya-pozvonochnika/kifoz/lechenie-u-vzroslyhh.html
Treatment of kyphosis at home - how to do it?
Physiological kyphosis is a natural curvature of the spinal column in the thoracic and sacral areas back. It is formed in childhood and adolescence. In adults, the ridge has remained unchanged.
Pathological kyphosis is an abnormal development, in which the curvature of the ridge has a pronounced shape and negative consequences for health.
An abnormal curvature or can be cured in whole or in part in children and adolescents, but in adults it is extremely difficult to affect the condition of the spine itself, it is almost impossible.
How to treat kyphosis at home?
Treatment of kyphosis in adults at home implies the elimination of the causes of the disease (if possible), strengthening of intervertebral connections and the buildup of skeletal musculature, allowing to support the back in normal position.
This allows you to reduce symptoms and improve the patient's well-being.
How to determine the presence of kyphosis by yourself?
To cure kyphosis of the spine at home, it must first be identified. To do this, it is necessary to lean against an even wall or a smooth door leaf. Points of contact: heels, buttocks, scapula, occiput.
With normal development of the spine, all these manipulations are performed without tension and unpleasant sensations. If the neck completely put to the plane is impossible - this indicates stoop and availability.
With normal posture, the palm should pass through the opening between the wall and the waist, and a decrease or increase in the distance indicates the presence of hyperkiphosis, popularly known as..
Another way of determining kyphosis at home is to mark the ankle, knee, hip, wrist, elbow, shoulder joint and earlobe..
To do this, stand up exactly and place the markers on the indicated places (you can use simple cut pieces of paper).
With a normal posture, these points should be on one straight line. Displacement of the ulnar, humerus, wrist and ear markers indicate stoop, that is kyphosis.
Treatment of kyphosis is a whole complex of activities: acupuncture, exercise in water, wearing an orthopedic bandage, surgery intervention.
The treatment program is made based on several parameters:
- age of the patient;
- physical training;
- degree of curvature;
- presence of accompanying diseases.
If the patient is first or second degree, getting rid of kyphosis is possible at home. In this case, the performance of therapeutic gymnastics and a visit to the chiropractor are prescribed.
At first, while the therapeutic exercises do not yet give the proper effect, the doctor can prescribe wearing a hard one.
Its task is to maintain the spinal column in a normal physiological position and relieve the strain from the constantly strained back muscles.
With disease of stages 3 and 4, kyphosis can not be leveled at home - it may require surgical intervention, followed by long-term rehabilitation.
Wearing a corset
Treatment of kyphosis at home involves wearing a bandage. Really get rid of the disease, it can help only children whose spine is still soft enough because of its cartilaginous structure.
It is prescribed wearing a bandage in the following cases:
- diseases of Sheyerman-Mau - the vertebrae have a wedge shape;
- the presence of severe back pain that is not stopped by medication;
- risk of further development of pathological kyphosis;
- more than 70 degrees.
The wearing characteristics of the bandage depend on the degree of thoracic kyphosis.
Attention!Wearing a corset should be approved and monitored by a doctor. Own initiatives can lead to increased relaxation of the spinal musculature and aggravation of the situation.
Thoracic kyphosis in the home is treated mainly through daily exercise therapy.
Exercises are aimed at stretching the muscles of the sternum, as well as strengthening the musculature on the back. Constant physical activity improves blood circulation of the spine, increases its mobility, can stimulate the reduction of pain syndrome.
In hyperkiphosis, a set of exercises should be selected by a doctor.
The basics of treating kyphosis at home through gymnastics:
- combining dynamic and statistical exercises;
- the load of the exercises must gradually increase;
- obligatory preparation and warming up of muscles before training (water procedures, warming up massage, stretching);
- when exercising, you can not independently increase the workload prescribed by your doctor;
- the training time should not exceed 35-40 minutes;
- incorrect posture during the exercise of the exercises distorts the effect or causes even greater harm.
To enhance the effect of treatment, you need to complete training with walking on rough terrain, along paths with gravel or dirt tracks, sand.
How to fix kyphosis at home? Doing just a few exercises will at least partially improve the situation.
- You need to kneel down and spread them to the width of your shoulders. The left foot is put on the heel at a right angle. Left hand behind the back we reach the right heel, and raise our left hand and pull it upwards. Then we change our foot and repeat. Exercise is aimed at relaxation and pectoral muscles.
- It is necessary to lie on your stomach. The hands are bent to the sides, the shoulders are unfolded so that the palms are facing forward, and the thumb up. We tear off the head and chest from the floor and slowly raise it. In this position, you need to stay for 10-20 seconds. Repeat 5-6 times. Exercise also helps muscles that rotate the shoulders.
- . The emphasis is on the arms bent in the elbows and the toes of the feet. The back should be flat without trough in the lower back. The head does not sag. Stand 20-30 seconds with a gradual increase in time.
- It is necessary to sit on the floor with legs outstretched. The back is even, the chin is parallel to the floor. Breathe your hands up, connect to the lock and stretch. Then immediately lean forward with the whole body. At the same time the spine stretches, the head does not sag, the back can not be rounded. After five breaths, lower your hands and touch your feet with your hands. We keep the back straight all the time.
- Lie on your stomach. The arms bend at the elbows at right angles to the sides of the body. On exhalation slowly tear off the chest, hands and head from the floor. The waist is not involved, therefore it is not necessary to climb very much. Hold for 5 seconds without stopping breathing. Slowly lower and relax the muscles. Do 5-6 repetitions.
These exercises for the treatment of kyphosis at home will help to strengthen the muscles of the back and increase the muscles of the chest, which did not allow you to hold your shoulders before.
Do not forget about the abdominal press, which takes a direct part in maintaining the back in the right position. Exercises from kyphosis will help both children and adults.
Therapeutic exercises with kyphosis of the thoracic or have contraindications:
- inflammatory processes;
- high blood pressure;
- risk of thrombosis or bleeding;
- mental health problems;
- elevated body temperature from 3 degrees.
Treatment of kyphosis at home involves a visit to the chiropractor. The principle of manual therapy is massaging a part of the body with precisely verified force of mechanical action.
That is, a massage not by a trained specialist can lead to injuries. Once every three days, the manual therapist develops muscles and ligaments of the spinal column, intervertebral discs and restores blood flow..
Interruptions between procedures are necessary to ensure that the musculature is established in a new position..
Now you know how to clean at home. But remember, the best treatment for kyphosis is its prevention.
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended only for general reading and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for therapeutic purposes.
This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist).
Please consult your doctor first to know the exact cause of your health problem.
I will be very grateful if you click on one of the buttons
and share this material with your friends 🙂
A source: http://osteohondrosy.net/lechenie-kifoza-v-domashnikh-usloviyakh-kak-ego-delat.html
How to treat kyphosis
This disease is a violation of the position of the spine, its deformation. Such a condition, in consequence, can lead to serious problems with health and motor activity.
- This pathology is quite common and is found everywhere in all people of children, adults and the elderly.
- Therefore, neglected disease has the property to rapidly progress, having a large negative impact on overall health. Therefore, the treatment of kyphosis should be literate and start on time.
- Children are more likely to be cured because their vertebral column is still growing and Form, while in adults and the elderly the stage of growth is over, and change the position the spine will be difficult.
Methods of treatment of kyphosis
A specific medical specialist is involved in the treatment of this disease.
- Establish an accurate diagnosis, as well as the severity of the course of the disease, the degree of development, duration will help diagnostic studies that need to be done before the treatment itself.
- Kyphosis of various parts of the spinal column has certain treatment methods that are widely used and have a high, therapeutic effect.
There are the following ways to treat such a pathology:
- - wearing orthopedic corsets;
- - treatment at home;
- - physiotherapy;
- - massage;
- - Manual therapy;
But before some methods it is necessary to consult a medical specialist, because some injuries of the spine are possible, which can lead to negative consequences.
Such methods are therapeutic gymnastics, wearing orthopedic corsets, which must be prescribed on the recommendation of the attending physician. Therefore, how to cure kyphosis, it is enough to stick to a healthy lifestyle and follow the advice of a doctor.
Wearing orthopedic corsets
Often this method is used when it is necessary to treat kyphosis in adults, because they have stopped the development of the spinal column and it can not be changed already. But wearing corsets will help improve well-being, and also help to avoid further development of pathology.
This is the duration, degree of development, severity of the course of the disease, as well as the age of the patient. Competent use and wearing a corset promotes a positive result, which is noticeable already quickly enough.
Starting wearing an orthopedic corset is not easy, because at first it will interfere, so do not just wear it all day, increase the time you need gradually. When accustomed, the duration should be about 15 hours a day, excluding the time of sleep and simple rest.
They are the following:
elimination of physical activity
- in this disease, at all, heavy labor should be excluded, since it adversely affects the spinal column and promotes its change;
purchase of orthopedic mattress
- it allows the body in a dream to give the correct physiological position, excluding various injuries. Also it is necessary to sleep on a hard surface, which also positively affects the health of the spine;
- it is necessary to do simple exercises that will contribute to strengthening the muscles and have a beneficial effect on overall health.
- Always used in diseases of the spinal column. Physiotherapy should be prescribed by a doctor and conducted by a special medical specialist.
- Gymnastics contributes to excellent healing properties, like strengthening the muscular framework, acceleration metabolic processes in the body and improve blood circulation in the affected areas and parts of the vertebral post.
- Engage in physical therapy should be carefully and carefully, excluding sudden movements and gradually increasing the load and time of classes. Regular training contributes to a high therapeutic result, accelerating the process of recovery, and improve motor activity.
- Therapeutic gymnastics is shown to adults and children, but it should be performed according to the prescribing physician, so as not to aggravate the situation by the development of complications.
Cure kyphosis of any part of the spine can also massage procedures.
- They have a positive effect on the state of human health, can reduce pain syndromes, relax muscles well, and also improve blood circulation in the body and accelerate metabolic processes.
- This procedure can act as an independent treatment, or as an auxiliary therapy.
- Sessions of this procedure should not be frequent and lengthy, it will be enough to spend 4-5 per month.
- You can not resort to massage, not knowing at what stage of development the disease is, because they can form complications. A qualified medical professional should conduct this procedure.
This method of treating kyphosis is a kind of massage, but it goes deeper, affecting all skin receptors.
Manual therapy treats many diseases of the spinal column, including kyphosis of any department.
- This procedure has a positive effect on health, with its help you can correct minor defects in the spine, that is, its deformation and change in position.
- Also manual therapy is caused by the fact that it relaxes muscles, reduces painful spasms, improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in affected areas and throughout the body.
This procedure is allowed to all people, regardless of age. But, her as well as the massage should not be done too often, because there may be some complications.
Competently conducted procedures by a qualified medical specialist are caused by high therapeutic effect and are able to accelerate recovery. With minor violations of the spine and the initial stages of his disease, manual therapy can completely heal the pathology.
Prevention of kyphosis
There are certain preventive measures that can improve the health of sick people suffering from kyphosis, and also avoid the formation of such a disease.
This will help to implement simple rules:
- lead a healthy lifestyle;
- to eat and consume vitamins with calcium content;
- to observe a mode of work and rest, trying not to overdo it;
- avoid excessive physical exertion (lifting weights, sudden movements, slopes, etc.);
- conduct regular medical gymnastics under the guidance of a doctor;
- it is necessary to properly arrange the workplace so that the table and chair correspond to the dimensions of each other;
- it is necessary to monitor the posture and less stoop;
- To sleep it is necessary on a special orthopedic mattress which is capable to give to a body correct physiological position;
- at long stay in one posture in a motionless state, it is necessary to do (make) at least short interruptions in which it is possible to include simple exercises;
- it is necessary to expose spinal column diseases in time to avoid further development of them in more severe pathologies.
A source: https://osankasovet.ru/kifoz/kak-lechit.html
How to treat kyphosis
Back and joint health »Diseases
Kyphosis - curvature of the upper spine. Minor curvature is the norm. If the bend of the spine exceeds 40-45 degrees, this is a pathological change.
Outwardly the developmental flaw is manifested by a strong stoop and even the appearance of a hump. Treatment of kyphosis will be successful if it is complex.
To do this, apply medication, physical therapy, wearing a corset and physical exercises.
Signs of normal posture (right) and kyphotic (left)
Usually, the diagnosis of kyphosis is not difficult. About the disease indicates the appearance of the patient. When choosing the right treatment methods, it is important to establish the degree of curvature. For this, an x-ray examination is performed.
Treatment of kyphosis in adults includes a number of measures, the purpose of which is to create favorable conditions for the body to relieve pain and partial disturbance of posture. Consider the most common methods of treating kyphosis.
And still we advise reading:Kyphosis of thoracic spine
- The use of medicines to relieve pain in the back and neck. Such anti-inflammatory drugs are shown: Celebrex, Naise, Movalis. If the cause of kyphosis is osteochondrosis, prescribe calcium preparations, vitamin D.
- Massage. The purpose of the procedure is to normalize the muscle tone, eliminate painful spasms. Strengthening the muscles contributes to the correction of posture. Duration of treatment - 2-3 courses per year. Massage can only be done by a specialist.
- Manual therapy. This type of therapy should not be confused with a therapeutic massage. The use of manual therapy allows you to treat kyphosis at all stages of its development.
- Reflexotherapy is the stimulation of biologically active points with the help of acupuncture. The method of treatment is well tolerated by patients and has virtually no contraindications.
- Surgical intervention. Such a radical measure is applicable when pain can not be eliminated by conservative treatment and the disease continues to progress. The operation corrects the bending angle of the spine and stops the progression of the deformation.
A positive effect on the treatment process is swimming. The mode of training, the intensity of procedures is determined by a specialist.
Physiotherapy - the basis of treatment of pathological kyphosis of the spine
Operative intervention in the case of kyphotic deformity of the spine has serious risks both in adults and in children. Therefore, it is prescribed strictly according to the indications. These include:
- pain that is not eliminated by conservative and alternative methods (this is the most common reason for recommending surgery);
- rapid progression of deformity of the spine (in the event that, despite the complex conservative treatment, the curvature of the spinal column is progressing, the doctor will recommend an operative treatment);
- cosmetic defect (the operation is performed at the request of the patient, who wants to correct his appearance).
The operation allows the patient to get rid of chronic pain, stop the progression of the curvature of the spine, rootlets from compression by vertebral structures, correct the posture and appearance of the patient, prevent possible compression of the dorsal the brain.
Treatment of kyphosis is a very long process, requiring perseverance, patience and regular exercise.
The treatment of kyphosis at home involves wearing an orthopedic corset and performing exercises of physiotherapy exercises.
It should be noted that such methods are shown at the initial stage of the disease development.
The corset should be worn, if the curvature is 70 degrees, there is a rapid progression of the pathology, accompanied by pain.
Wearing a corset for the spine should be prescribed only by the doctor, as well as determine the mode of its use
When using a corset, you must follow the rules:
- for the gradual adaptation to the product, the wearing time is increased daily by 1 hour;
- stay in the corset is not less than 18 hours a day;
- the corset can be removed at night and in front of the shower;
- The procedure of orthosis is periodically in need of correction and should be carried out under the guidance of a doctor;
- if the corset is no longer necessary, the residence time in the product is reduced gradually.
Under no circumstances should you overload the muscles. This not only does not heal, but even aggravates the problem. In order for the therapeutic exercises to have the proper effect, the patient should monitor the correct position of the body during walking, sitting at the table and during sleep.
Physical training is contraindicated in patients with hypertension, in the presence of infectious diseases and mental disorders.
List of sample exercises
- Exercise with a gymnastic stick. The legs are divorced to the width of the shoulders. A gymnastic stick is kept pressed to the shoulder blades, performing squats.
- Lie on your back, stretch out your arms, bent at the knees, along the body. Breathing in, the backbone bends, leaning on the elbows and the back of the head, exhaling, return to the starting position.
- Take the position lying on your stomach with a gymnastic stick, pressed to the shoulder blades. Tilting his head back, the backbone is maximally flexed.
- In the standing position with the hands on the back of the head, they rise on their toes, spreading their hands to the sides and inhaling. Then they return to their original position, making an exhalation.
In severe cases, no surgical intervention is necessary
Prevention of kyphosis
Curvature of posture can be avoided if the following rules are observed:
- Do not allow the curvature of the spine while sitting at the table;
- while walking, keep your back as flat as possible, without slouching;
- at the first signs of curvature, consult a doctor;
- timely treatment of other pathologies of the spine;
- to observe a balanced, vitamin-rich diet;
- play sports, lead an active way of life;
- sleep on an orthopedic mattress;
- When working long hours at the table or computer, take breaks for several minutes.
Timely detection of curvature of the spine, immediate application for medical care and compliance with all the recommendations of the doctor - the key to successful recovery and beautiful posture.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/bolezni/kifoz-kak-lechit