Barley on the eye causes severe discomfort. When this ailment develops, there is an inflammation of the hair follicle of the eyelids; the lesion affects the sebaceous and sweat glands. Barley can be external and internal: the first - more common. The disease develops from the fact that the body gets staphylococcus.
- 3Possible complications
- 5People's means
Causes of what appears barley on the eye:
- Pathology occurs in people whose body is weakened.
- Barley can appear against the background of diabetes, any autoimmune disease.
- The abscess on a century disturbs those at whom there are pathologies GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT.
- It is worth noting that people with immunodeficiency (AIDS, HIV) are more likely to have infectious diseases (including barley).
- The disease can develop against the background of furunculosis.
- Barley occurs in people with diabetes.
- The cause of abscess can be a pathology associated with a violation of the functions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Internal barley occurs against a background of systemic infections.
If the doctor finds that the seal is formed near the internal adhesion of the eyelids, he assigns differential diagnosis. It is necessary to distinguish barley from dacryocystitis. Diagnosis "Dacryocystitis" is made with the maximum compaction.
- The abscess is formed gradually.First, at the edge of the century, you can see a small point. After 2 days it increases, blushes, swells. If you touch the nascent abscess, you can feel the seal. With pressure, pain occurs.
- Barley is accompanied by eyelid edema:it becomes difficult for a person to open and close their eyes. Pain in this pathology depends on the severity of the edema.
- After 3 days in the hearth, you can see the purulent head.After 3 more days it opens: pus comes out. The results of the survey show that purulent exudate contains fragments of necrotic tissue.
When the pustule is opened, the symptoms of the disease weaken: the person feels relieved. The approximate duration of the disease is 7 days. After this time, swelling and congestion take place. In place of the hearth, a scar is formed, within 20-30 days it heals. Greater discomfort is caused by multiple barley, when the abscesses merge into one.In this case, the temperature rises, a headache develops. Multiple barley can provoke swelling of the submaxillary lymph nodes.With the development of this illness, the state of health worsens.
External barley is formed when the infection progresses in the body.There is a blockage of the follicles of eyelashes and glands, located in the eyelids. Barley often occurs against the background of blepharitis.In this case there is photophobia; some people feel like a mote has penetrated into the eye. Maturation of pustules leads to suppuration of nearby tissues.
Outer barley spontaneously opens: after a few days, pus is separated.Pain syndrome is weakening.Internal barley is a rare phenomenon. It can arise due to the fact that the meibomian glands will undergo infection. The disease is manifested in the same way, but the swelling is accompanied by swelling of the back region of the conjunctiva.If you examine the tarsal conjunctiva, you can find a yellowed area in the site of the affected gland.
Barley can give complications. One of these is the phlegmon of the orbit. Illiterate "squeezing" leads to the fact that the infection spreads through the body.
The cause of thrombosis of the cavernous sinus, meningitis and septicemia may be barley. Purulent pustules can not be suppressed! Sudden, untimely rupture of barley leads to a relapse.
In the first days the pimple is treated with alcohol; frequency - 2 times a day. The alternative to alcohol is green. You can prevent barley in the initial stages. To prevent the disease from progressing, 30% of sodium sulfacil should be used (with the permission of the doctor); frequency - 6 times a day. For treatment, the method of dry heat is used: the doctor can prescribe UHF-therapy.
After the opening of the purulent focus, a compress is applied for the eyelids. Barley may be accompanied by fever, weakness: then you need to use antibiotics.
It happens that the ripened abscess is not opened by itself, then the doctor makes an incision. Once again, if you squeeze out an abscess, the infection will penetrate the eyeball. If internal barley is diagnosed, the doctor prescribes antibiotics (orally). In the future, it is necessary to cut and drain the affected area. If barley recurs, an additional examination should be carried out. General restorative therapy restores immunity.Depending on the symptoms and nature of the ailment, the doctor can prescribe the supplements. If you do not press an abscess, the prognosis will be favorable. With complicated forms of the disease, glucose in the blood is monitored. For treatment, ointments can be used. Consider the most popular.
- Tetracycline ointment.The product has a pronounced antibacterial effect. It is used to treat ophthalmic diseases. Tetracycline ointment helps to overcome infectious and inflammatory pathologies, it can be used when there are signs of barley. The active substance is tetracycline. The composition contains emollients: lanolin and petroleum jelly. They increase the effect of tetracycline. The drug is applied neatly to the affected eyelid; is applied 4 times a day until the symptoms disappear. Like any drugstore, tetracycline ointment is not without side effects. Before use, consult a doctor! The product contains powerful components, therefore, it can not be used in pregnancy and lactation.
- Floxal.The drug is also available in the form of an ointment. It helps fight against bacterial diseases. The active ingredient is Ofloxacin. Liquid paraffin has a softening effect, enhance the effect of the main component. Floxal is prescribed not only with barley, but also with blepharitis, keratitis. The doctor recommends to apply it 2 times a day. The duration of therapy depends on the severity of the symptoms. Basically, the course of treatment is 2 weeks (the ointment can be combined with drops). If a person has a hypersensitivity to the components of the medicine, it is worth abandoning it. Contraindications are pregnancy and lactation.
- Vishnevsky ointment.The remedy is effective in fighting various ailments. In it there is a powder xeroform (a powerful antiseptic). Ointment Vishnevsky contains birch tar: it improves blood circulation in the veins. Castor oil enhances the effect of active ingredients. The drug can eliminate the inflammatory process: it is applied until all the symptoms disappear. If a person has a hypersensitivity to one of the components of the ointment, it is worth noting from the application.
- Ointment Hydrocortisone.It is a corticosteroid with an active component of hydrocortisone. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect. Dosage depends on the clinical manifestations of the disease. Hydrocortisone is prescribed by a doctor. Periodicity of application of the drug - 2 times a day. If there is fungal damage to the eyes or viral damage to mucous membranes, Hydrocortisone is not applied. Pregnant and lactating women can use the tool, but with caution!
- Ointment Levomekol.It is used to treat ophthalmic ailments. The drug contains chloramphenicol and methyluracil. These components help with infection of the eyeball. The drug can be used for burns. Levomecol is applied daily. If there is hypersensitivity to one of the components, the application should be discarded. Levomecol can be used during pregnancy and lactation, however, you need to consult a doctor. There are cases when this remedy causes an allergy.
- Ichthyol ointment.A powerful antiseptic for anti-inflammatory effects. The active substance is Ichthyol. The drug is effective in barley, burns, wounds. Periodicity of application - 3 times a day. Contraindications are children under 12 years. People who do not tolerate ichthyol should not use this remedy. If the burning occurs after application, the body shows an allergy. Then you should abandon this tool.
- Oksolinovaya ointment.It is an antiviral agent and is used to prevent colds. The agent can be used not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of barley. The active substance of the ointment is oxoline. If you are allergic to one of the components of the medicine, it is worth noting the ointment. When pregnancy is used with caution.
Folk remedies are used in the absence of allergies.
- Help reduce the severity of the ulcer garlic.The juice of this product has a disinfecting effect. You should thoroughly wash the head of garlic, then clean and rinse again. Cut it into halves, wait until they give the juice. It is necessary to take a cotton swab and get wet in the medicine. The juice of garlic is applied to the eyelid. The product should not get on the mucous eyes! After applying, you will feel a burning sensation, but you should not be frightened: it is a natural reaction.
- The following remedy does not cause burning.It should take a tablespoon of herbs chamomile, calendula and St. John's wort. Prepare the broth using 300 ml of boiling water. Wait until it cools, then add a few drops of propolis to alcohol. The agent is applied with the same cotton buds.
- To prepare the next medicine, you need to take several laurel sheets, water and a piece of cotton wool.It is necessary to make boiling water, put the laurel sheets in it, bring it back to a boil. You will get a decoction: in it are placed pieces of cotton wool. Hold them for half an hour, then compress.
- To folk remedies should be attributed zelenok.It is necessary to take a cotton swab, dip it into a medicine and treat the affected eyelid. You have to start from the place that turned red. Take care that the green does not fall into the eyes. It is better to do such procedures at night.
- Chamomile is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.For barley treatment, it is better to combine it with the focus. Take the grass in the amount of 2 tbsp. l. and fill with 300 ml. boiling water. You will get a decoction. When it cools down, you need to remove the grass and attach it to the affected area.
- Timely treatment of viral diseases.
- Protection of the body from hypothermia.
- Rejection of bad habits.
- Good food.
Eye drops with instructions
Drops Mesatone - instructions for use are described here.
Drops from dry eyes http://eyesdocs.ru/medicinaoperacii/lekarstva/nedorogie-kapli-ot-suxosti-glaz-osobennosti-podbora-i-primeneniya-preparatov.html.
Barley does not require surgical treatment, but you need to make sure that pus does not get into your eyes. Folk remedies help in the treatment of the disease, however, before using them, one should consult a doctor. As for ointments, it is better to choose one and apply it in accordance with the instructions.
Read more about such diseases as atrophy of the optic nerve and hypermetropia in children.